Technical Support

Mar 28, 2011 Overclocking video card. Hi. I have a XFX HD 5750 1 gb video card, but before getting rid of it I would like to make some overclocking. I have 4 g in ram (1333 mhz) and Pentium core i3 540 3.06 ghz and the last version for CCC and drivers. I see some controls in the performance panel in CCC but I'm not so sure on how to use them. Any tips/advices are appreciated.Froy2 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Stuttering/Glitch Hi have been having problems with my game. Well I have been playing recently and my game is jittering/lagging terribly, as if the graphics are not being rendered properly (as there are black flashs and some overlays) but it has made the game unplayable. The important stats; laptop:Lenovo z560 CPU:i5-450 RAM:4GB Ram GFX:Geforce 310m My other games play completely fine. (Dawn of War 2, Borderlands, Metro 2013 and The Force Unleashed - and all on high settings but thats irrelevant) I am thinking it has something to do with the Card, the drivers most probably or some incorrect interactions with DirectX. Could anyone be of assistance? I would really appreciate it.Furan2 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Sudden memory leak Hello, I was just playing a game where I got severe lag. After a couple games and laggy menus I looked at my SC2 memory usage and it was through the roof, 1.5 gigs + of memory used and restarted starcraft 2 didn't help. I'm a little lost and frustrated, what should I try to do? (I restarted computer too btw) Edit: sc2 usually usually uses about 600 MBSMKody3 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Lag spikes/stuttering during gameplay I play on the NA server from Beijing, China. In the past, I have been able to play with perhaps a small latency of 500ms. However recently, I have been getting lag spikes every 5-6 seconds causing my gameplay to stutter. The Waiting for Server window never shows up, nor do I ever show up on the disconnecting window. Another thing to note is that my navigation around the b.net menu is also very lagged (takes a long time to load my profile or the list of maps). Custom games against AI's also lags; replays and challenges don't lag. I have confirmed with another person in Beijing who is also getting similar symptoms; he lives off-campus so I know it's not my school's network. It is hard to pinpoint the exact time of this occurrence; It felt like it started ever since the patch, but I am wondering if it might just be China stepping up on it's internet control. I appreciate any insight on the matter. *edit* Just adding that i'm using a GeForce GTX 460. Thought I might mention this since I found a thread with the same symptoms I'm experiencing who uses the same graphics card.ikena2 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Unable to constrain my mouse to starcraft2 So a few weeks back I opened a replay up directly from the file on the hard drive on my windows 7 machine. It opened fine, however the mouse wasn't constrained at all to the display that I'm using for SC2. Since then I can't keep the mouse constrained *AT ALL* to the right side of my screen - as it will just go from my one display running sc to my other display which is windows. [_L_||_R_] Starcraft 2 is currently running on my left display, with windows showing on my right display (ie nothing). When I go to scroll over along the right edge of my left display, the mouse travels right outside of the window onto the screen that shows nothing. If I click on the right display, starcraft becomes minimized as well. This wouldn't be a problem if I was only playing starjeweled or something that didn't require any horizontal scrolling of the mouse, however within multiplayer games... I've tried changing the mouse constraint options. I've changed to all of the different windowed modes. I've lowered and raised all of the graphical settings. I've changed resolution settings. I've even gone as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it's still not staying constrained and this has been the case for the past 2-3 weeks and it's starting to get extraordinarily annoying as I *can't* play on this machine. I have no idea whatsoever how to fix this, and I've even made another post which didn't get any help. I'll be bumping this pretty much daily until something can be found that can help me out. Thank you. HelixHelix7 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Can this computer run High/Ultra? This is not my computer, but I might buy it. I know it can run High (I plan on replacing the graphics card), but at what FPS would it run at if I got like a $120 graphics card? Specs: gigabyte gb-ep45-ud3p motherboard 2 x 32gig patriot warp v2 solid state drives in raid0 boot drive 1 320gig seagate storage drive intel q9550 cpu overclocked to 3.4 on air temps never get over 55c on prime 95 for 12 hours 4 x 1gig ocz reaper hpt memory at 1150 ddr2 zaleman 9700 cpu cooler ati visiontek 2400 hdpro graphics card (512mb) it also has 4 120mm fans keeping it cool and always used arctic silver 5 That was a copy/paste job. AGAIN----this is NOT My computer, I just may buy it.Husky14 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 VS AI map list loading too slowly When ever I chose to load a single-player verse AI the map list takes horribly long too load, which is a pain because its been a while since I played and I need the practice. I remember reading about a fix somewhere but I cant many posts about this topic. someone please helpxxQdotxx2 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 SEA game client, ID belongs to Us.battle.net? hi, I would like to ask, im from Malaysia SEA area. i downloaded the sea client and i was unable to play not even a campaign or multiplayer. PLus, in the sea.battle, it stated there i dont have the license. But when i use the SEA game client and to change the region to NA, i found out that my ID belongs to NA =.= One question, do i need to install NA game client since i have SEA game client? because i cant run a single game with SEA game clientkingking1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 I deleted my offline Blizzard account Hey can i restore it? i mistakenly delted it tryin to make room help?Ghoststalker2 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Patch 1.3.0 Loop Trouble Hey all, Downloaded the digital copy of SCII on 3/36 and installed just fine. Had a bit of trouble with the 1.3.0 patch however. Whenever I would start the game the patch updater would start and update to 100% and then start over. Looking through the forums I found it could be a multitude of problems so I: 1.) Reinstalled game (in both normal and safe mode with networking) 2.) Reinstalled IE 8 3.) Disabled proxy settings in IE 8 4.) Deleted files in the updates folder and ran again 5.) Disabled peerblock and symantic firewall After completing all of this no change I noticed something odd. When the updater would restart the file size it was downloading was different every time. I decided to let it do its thing and see what happens. After 16 loops of the updater reaching 100% and the play button flashing it finally finished. I couldnt believe it. Wasted sooo much time. Lol. Hopes this saves someone else the troubleMellowdrone1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 so if i change from LA to NA my accountCLOSE? then if i migrate SERVERS from LA to NA my account gets blocked and i have to pay it again!?HarterKrieg1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Menu Problems When I start up Starcraft II and go to the menu I noticed the fan on my processor started revving up really quickly. It doesn't make sense that the menu screen puts that much stress on it? I remember reading a while back that there were issues where the menu would consume so much processing power and overheat it. Is this what it is and how do I fix it?CptOblivious1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Login problem So I haven't played SC2 for quite some time then today I started it up and i installed all the patches but when I got into the game it started up like it was brand new and played the starting cinematic then when I entered my battle.net name it wouldn't light up the "connect" button any ideas?Crackshot1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 I cant install game, it locks up @ 37% I downloaded game, and i when i go to open SC II files to install the game, my Computer freezes at 30%, what is going on, please help!!!WarTornX1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Game freezing only after leaving a match Okay, I saw two of these threads on the Blizzard forums and I saw one other on another forum, and they NEVER got any help. It is always the first original poster with his problem that is the exact same as mine. The huge thread with all the problems doesn't mention this specific incident, either I will first describe the problem. My game itself is able to run very smoothly, at 60 FPS throughout, so I know it probably isn't a performance issue but something else. What happens is i'd be playing a ranked or custom game and having a blast with no hiccups in the internet connection or framerate. Once the game ends, the end screen comes up, and after I click return to lobby or complete mission, the message box will go away and the screen will just freeze. However, I will still be able to move my mouse and the game music will run with no stops (without looping). I can't move my view or anything and the units stop moving, but not the music and I never am able to get back to the lobby. The only way out of this is to ctrl+alt+delete and end the process, which is a HUGE pain when i'm with my friends or something. It is worth noting that this doesn't happen in all games, and it seems to occur more frequently in large games like 4v4's rather than 1v1s, although it does happen in 1v1 sometimes. My system specs should be able to outperform the game valiantly, as i'm running the game on medium quality. I tried turning physx and vsync on and off, but there is no difference. I have a (unoverclocked) intel core 2 duo at 2.6 ghz, nvidia 9800gt (updated all drivers), 2 GB ram (which is above the minimal specifications and matches the required specifications for the game). My internet connection is always good, so i'm really unsure of what to do to fix this. Again, if this was answered before, i'm sorry but when I look for it I see people who have this problem, but no one ever helps them. Thank you for your help, this is a huge problem and one of the main reasons I don't play SC2 more than I thought I would (i'm a huge fan of SC:BW and all Blizz games)DontHate1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Strange issue Before I was having an issue where my framerate would be jumping from 200 to 6 fps randomly, as well as flashing black during gameplay and cutscenes. I read somewhere on the forums that turning off a cpu might help. I tested different numbers of cpu's. I find it strange that 1 cpu is better than 2, 3 or 4 but whatever. The only problems I'd have then would be some graphics flashing, but alt-tabbing out would get it to behave, and lately it would freeze when exiting the game. I seen in another thread that running WoW while playing SC2 might help with the fps issues. I thought I'd give that a try. I made a vs-ai game and I just started to gather minerals together and immediately froze and made my computer crash to a blue screen doing a memory dump and then it restarted. Now, SC2 crashes as soon as I start playing a game. I looked through the issues reference Archer has but I never noticed anything helpfulKnightRider1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 i cant download the game properly i cant download the game properly, this is the message that comes up at 98% loaded: The patch "bnet\Battle.net\i18n\esMX\String\CLIENT_SOCIAL.xml" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0xEA872ECE9A1183AE3737F232DDF7A85A, actual 0x35505E208783C8F43BCEAE83208EE924.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply) i have already tried to uninstall and re-install the game, but no improvement.MegaDestroy1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Patch aborted with an error. Error included. The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support\..\Updates\sc2-24366-24715-x86-Win-enUS-bnet-bin" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again. Patch gets to about 71% gives that error and wont download after that.viper1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 installation installationbill2 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 1.3 Wont download i start the game and you see the login screen then it crashes. I have tried both the repair and down loader and either have works. the down loader says there is nothing to download and the repair says unable to connect to the servers. usually i open the game and patches always download on their own... so what is going on now? FSXKILLA1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 I have a problem with the installation I have a problem with the installation of the patch .¬¬ i try installing but in 70% Blizzard updater was unable to start up. There is no patch file to apply. WTF is the PROBLEM! .¬¬XxJamStaLxX1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Want to change account showing in forums How do i change my account so that it shows my aussie/nz account rather than north american?Divinesnipe2 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Windowed fullscreen mode? I have this mode enabled for both WoW and SC2, with WoW it allows me to drag my mouse over to monitor 2 no problems. However when I switch SC2 into this mode my mouse gets stuck at the line between monitors 1 and 2 and cannot go past unless I alt tab(which I don't have to do with WoW). Is this a common issue or is there a potential problem with my system? Also a bit of technical info about the box. Evga Gts 450 video card 4 gigs of Patriot Sector 5 ram Intel core i5 760 2.8Ghz Minishark1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 fps drop? i haven't played in 2 months but before that i always had my settings on ultra and it would run at 55-60fps. i just patched it 10 minutes ago and when it got to the log in screen it was so choppy, it ran at 20fps. i joined a game to test out the settings and i set it to low and it ran at 130fps. this is weird because a while ago i tried running it on low settings and i got 30fps. now i cant even get 60fps with HIGH graphics settings. anybody have this problem? how can i fix it? -edit- specs: xfx 5850 amd 965 not overclocked 4gb ram 850w psu everything dust free and not overheatingBeast1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Patch 1.3 Lag Ever since Patch 1.3 came out I've been getting lag, however, I am not sure if this can be considered lag, it is more of just jerky movements that last less than a second but they're so frequent that they interrupt my gameplay. Before the recent patch was released I had no trouble whatsoever which leads me to believe that the patch is the one causing me these problems. I run the game at the highest setting possible. System Information: Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE Memory - 6 GB of RAM OS - Windows 7 64bit Processor - Intel Core i7 CPU 950 I tried lowering my graphics settings all the way down and I still get this problem. I don't believe my internet is the issue because I was able to run the game just fine before the patch. I have also allowed the game through my firewall, I am using the standard windows firewall.BillSmauz11 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Unable to change region I used to be able to change region's between SEA and US before this latest patch but now i cant and im stuck on the US severs. how can i fix this or is it beyond my control?Volcano1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Upgrading HD 2900 XT: Crossfire or New Card? Hello. I am looking to improve my graphics card for this and a few upcoming games. Ideally, I want to run this game at max settings and my graphics card is the only thing holding me back (I play in medium and it's flawless) (I have a 3.2ghz Quad Core and 8 G's or RAM). I currently run a HD 2900 XT. Would it be better to drop $120 on a second HD 2900 XT and run them in crossfire, or should I simply buy a new card? If a new card, any recommendations? BTW I can run one PCIE x 16 or two PCIE cards both at x 8. Thanks! LucidDreams3 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 US version darkens login screen and crashes I can't take a screenshot but after the loading part with the terran's face (forgot the dude's name) i get the login screen but almost instantly it's darkened a bit as if there's a transparent sheet of black over the top of it and it crashes shortly after with no error anything. EU version doesn't do this.konrrr1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Most economical PC I'm currently playing SC2 on my Macbook on low graphics. It was all fine and good for a while but I can't stand it. I'm all about eye candy. I'm looking to build an economical gaming rig that can handle SC2 in ultra or high graphic settings. So I'm reaching out to the SC2 Community for some help! Could any one help me in suggest some proper, economical hardware that can handle this game with out breaking my precious piggy bank? Thanks!Frost9 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Eyefinity question... So I already know that Eyefinity isn't supported in SC2, and that's fine. I totally get it. My issue, however, is that when I do play SC2, because of my Eyefinity set-up, it displays the game on all three screens. Short of turning off the monitors or disabling Eyefinity alltogether, does anyone know of a way to make it only display the game in the center screen? Thanks.Dexius3 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Low FPS Starcraft 2 is going at 1-10 fps. The most it ever went was 13 fps. Whats going on? my graphics card is:Mobile Intel(R) express chipset family, is there any updating i need? BTW i have windows xp, 2.0 GHz, 0.99 gb ram. I also did set the graphics to lowest possible.Thiero6 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Building PC. Thought? Hey guys I am tired of gaming on a laptop and am ready to build a new rig. Specs below. Thoughts? Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3R HE103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive GIGABYTE 560ti SOC Corsair Enthusiast 650w PSU GSKILL Ripjaw 8gb DDR3 1333 ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H67 Motherboard Intel Core i5 2500k Sandy Bridge 3.3ghz CPU Mantooth5 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 "Need authorized language pack from Blizzard" From about 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm PDT I was playing Starcraft, then decided to take a break. I try to get back on at About 6:00 pm PDT and I get this message about needing an authorized language pack. I never reinstalled the game, restarted my computer, or did any changes between those times. I am from NA, playing on NA servers. Please help.TIGER2 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Bonus pool points stuck at zero My bonus pool points aren't going up. They have been stuck at zero for several days now, any suggestions?blitzmate1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Is it possible blizzard ban you account?? Is it possible blizzard ban you account by changing MDQ files?? i changed my background picture and put my band logo as ''play zerg'' on ladder http://s1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/loucmachine/?action=view&current=MDQchanges.jpg one of my friends told me blizz could scan and ban accounts for not having a unchanged MDQ file So what you guys think??LoucMachine1 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Computer shuts down (black screens) mid match I've posted this thread multiple times and i still haven't fixed my problem. All my drivers are updated, everything on my comp is updated, my computer is not overheating, i don't get a crash error, only a black screen, i've tried reinstalling. This game used to work, one day it just stopped letting me finish a match. I can usually play for about 5 minutes before it crashes but it always crashes. I have a radeon 4670Aytius17 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Yellow Screen when I alt-tab I just got my new GTX 460 1024MB and updated the latest drivers. Everytime I alt-tab I get this yellow screen. I had the same problem once I had one of my GTS8800 die on me and running a single GPU. Any Help for that?Hevaz3 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 28, 2011 Cannot connect to B.net HELPPPPP Ive had this issue for about a month now, it seemed that it was solved right before patch 1.3 came out. Then patch 1.3 came out and its back with a passion! I always get the message "Cannont connect to battle.net, please check your interenet connection blah blah" Also, none of the menus load up, I cannot scroll through the custom games, it says no games found The multiplayer is totally disconnected, none of the main pages load up. The only thing it lets me do is play offline and thats just stupid. I really need help because its been driving me crazy. Anyone else having this problem? ThanksaNerdyKid4 Mar 28, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 RFE - DWIM option for confine mouse cursor I would like as a configurable option (or maybe as the default behavior) for the mouse to be unconfined when the game is showing Battle.net menus, in-game menus, or paused, and confined otherwise so that mouse scrolling would always work while actually playing the game. Valve has done this for all their Source engine games, and it's so much more convenient to be able to handle Skype/IM/etc. on my other monitor without having to Alt-Tab (or go deep into the menus to tweak the confine mouse option).syskill0 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 resetting ladder lvl Long question...hopefully simple solution: This ID my son used, until he purchased the game. He's wayyy better than me, and he got this ID into the Platinum ladder. I'm probably Bronze or Silver at best. Is there any way to reset the ladder level so I can start over and play where I belong, instead of Platinum where he belongs (he's Diamond now, on his account)?Laser2 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 Unable to play Island Defense I have started playing Island Defense again, and never had any problems with it until today. I have nothing running in my background and I'm only running Starcraft 2. During the middle the of game or early on I get dropped. When I lose connection to battle net i see "waiting for server" in the middle of the screen and also on the bottom left side i see "battle net connection lost. reconnecting..." then I can see "battle net connected" and "Achievement services restored" but i just lag out because it reoccurs a few times and I get dropped. Side note: I have played ladder games, and I have played other custom games and I have not see this message in the games I play. Only in Island Defense, so it is not my internet connection. Sometimes I can see myself on the screen where people have the option to kick me and I can talk to them for a bit. This is quite annoying, and I am unable to finish any Island Defense game. I've probably played like 30-ish times.Zod0 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 Mouse STILL disappears midgame I run windows 7 64-bit with service pack 1. 4 GB 1066 RAM Two XFX GTX 260's Intel Q9450 @3.4 GHz I have had this problem since launch. The screen flashes once, and my mouse cursor appears to be stuck on the hotkey bar near the bottom of the screen, however it still acts as an "invisible" cursor. Yes. I have read the workaround for this. Yes. My default text size is set to "Smaller". I've tried changing the compatibilities, the custom DPI scaling, and the repair tool. Does ANYONE else still have this issue?minus3 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 Unable to Log in at the Battle.net Screen I can't log in and play online apparently. I get the dialog box message that says "Battle.net is not responding due to blah blah possibility." I know it's not the fault of my internet since I am typing this right now using the internet. It was working fine yesterday. Anyone know what's wrong?Xugos5 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 Game crashes when loading This was not a problem I had prior to 1.3. But now, about 80-90% of the time, the game crashes upon startup, immediately before the login window. I have shut down my firewall completely and this does nothing. Please advise ASAP.Forklift3 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 Can't Hotkey Groups with Control Key. Any ideas on how to fix this? I can only use shift to create a group and that's extremely inconvenient especially if i get the group wrong. Using Windowed (Fullscreen) and the Razer Blackwidow if it helps.Guessmyname0 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 sc2 fps problem HELP ! ok when i ever i start playing (open up) sc2 it lags a bit then when i enter a game it does fine until about 5-10 mins of playing i get this major lag that get's me dropped out of my games my gameplay settings are all on ultra and extreme my fps is fine its just that it keeps dropping to 0-10 fps then risies back to normal at 60+ fps idk whats going on in my computer... PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN !!! my system specs intel motherboard Intel core i3 w/ heatsink/fan nvidia geforce gts 450 4gb or ram windows 7 64-bit ultra power supply 650 watts ZeroStylez3 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 The game is awaiting a response from bnet When trying to log into battle.net it says connecting to battle.net The game is awaiting a response from battle.net. The service may be temporarily unavailable or your internet connection may be down. If you are not connected in a few moments please check your internet and try again I have tried everything from different internet connections reinstalling the game, opening proper ports and i cant think of anything else to do. This problem started when patch 1.13 went live, i was able to log in once and then it kicked me off and i haven't been able to get on since. Any ideas you guys might have would be very appreciated thanks for your time :)AfterMath5 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 downloading error i cant download the game properly, this is the message that comes up at 98% loaded: The patch "bnet\Battle.net\i18n\esMX\String\CLIENT_SOCIAL.xml" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0xEA872ECE9A1183AE3737F232DDF7A85A, actual 0x35505E208783C8F43BCEAE83208EE924.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply) i have already tried to uninstall and re-install the game, but no improvement.MegaDestroy1 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 Help! I'm trying to install starcraft 2 on my laptop but everytime i install it and try to play it an error message pops up that says Blizzard Launcher must be in same Folder as Blizzard Game. Help? Hybrid0 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 the video card is not accessible so when i try to run sc2 it says the video card is not accessible and because no display drivers are installed but, i have played the game on this computer and it has never said anything like it can i get some help?jackslings2 Mar 27, 2011