Technical Support

Feb 18, 2011 help!!!!! I can't load my saves! I played SC2 yesterday without any problems, and today there was some minor patch, after which I couldn't load my saved games. what should I do?!Snake5 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Acheivements Hello, I'm currently trying to work on my achievements and a new patch made my entire set of campaign saves unplayable. Why? Didn't get a response so I decided to start from scratch, I started from the begginning. I litterally just got to the last level and when I came back I had to download another patch, and now I can't play any of my games AGAIN. Do I need to restart, or is it pointless because everytime a patch comes out it wipes my games?Jaysama1 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Still can't join multiplayer games Hi! I know that a lot of you have been encountering the same issue but it seems I'm required to create another thread since blue posts indicate that the issue might have been solved. Apparently, it does not seem to be the case. When I try to join a game, an orange window opens and says "Please restart your game client and download the latest patch"... However, the latest patch IS installed. Dear Blizzard, please help, Thank youMini5 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 AGAIN!? and again i am having the problem since the latest patch... im on a wireless router with windows 7... my internet runs perfectly fine until i open starcraft2.exe as soon as i get to the login screen, my internet conection gets lost (first a big lag). everytime... happens only with starcraft 2 and warcraft 3. i fixed it last time by installing older version of the wireless driver, and a bunch of other stuff i tried didnt work (port forwarding etc.) any help? any suggestions... please? =PHumsa1 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 1v1 Win not showing up. Hi guys, I played and won 3 1v1's last night, and for some reason only two of them show up. Two of the wins were from a player I played twice in a row (koalazhou), and the last win from another player. The thing is, when I check koalazhou's history, it shows up as 2 losses there. But my match history only recorded 1 win for me. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.Takamine1 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 New Patch bugged my mouse. Greetings: I'm currently using a razer mouse (imperator) and it cannot longer use the shift or control keys it has attached to the hardware. i'm pretty certain this has been on this current patch because on the last one i did not have any issues at all. Another piece of evidence is that I'm able to use such keys on my WoW account. Shackes lvl 85 Mage Mannoroth. Worgen. Please let me know how to fix it.Shack1 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Same profile yet different cd's Possibly a dumb question, but is it possible to use my account profile on two different cd's or just the original i bought it with?Kyle1 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Higher GPU load in the lobby I just upgraded to a GTX 470 GPU and I am also aware that it runs pretty hot. I just enable V-Sync to avoid it reaching 100 degrees celcius, because if it is disabled, it does reach 100. I am also aware that I have a really really cheap case with cheap fans, that's why it's so hot, plus the fact that I live in the Philippines. What I don't understand is, when I play a game, the max temp I can reach right now under load is only 85 degs, but if I am still in the lobby or in the menus, it reaches 95! And Evga precision reports that the GPU has more load while in the lobby rather than in-game. What is up with that? I have everything maxed out on ultra. Do any of you have any ideas about this? I enabled 8x Anti-Aliasing in Nvidia, might this have caused it?Spareribs0 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 ATI Graphics Settings hello all, I recently got a new computer. It came with Intel core i7 CPU @ 2.00GHz, 8gb of ram, a graphics card called ATI Mobility Radeon 6570, and windows 7 64 bit. When I installed SC2 and ran it for the first time, I figured I could run the game on at least medium level settings (shaders and such). But the game hardly runs on anything higher than "low" for the setting Shaders, and I usually have to tone down many of the video settings to make it run smoothly. A program came with the graphics card called Catalyst Control Center. It allows me to instantly change the cards settings to either run a better graphics quality, or a better performance quality, or a mix of both. Does anyone know what I should set that at to get the best image, but also run smoothly on higher graphic settings? I know the obvious answer would be to set it in the middle, but perhaps there's more to the "performance" and "quality" settings than I think there are. Lastly, I want to say that I already went through my computer and increased the performance in any way possible. I've got rid of unnecessary animations for windows/desktop, and have minimized programs running in msconfig. Help would be appreciated. Any ideas on how I could make this better? Perhaps my graphics card is just poor.haLs2 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Can't Login or Can't Patch FIX HERE! Apparently sc2 patcher depends on IE settings. Go to Internet Explorer Tools>Options > Connections> Lan Setting> Automatic Dectect setting.SudoPanda3 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 DOWNLOAD 1.2.2 PROBLEM it will download up to 99% then have an error and not complete what do i do if i dont want to reinstall the game client!Thummel0 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 where can i download the 1.2.2 patch the blizzard patch serve just crashes the game and they don't have it up on the site like the last ones. i've found 1.2.1 at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=35087&pageNumber=1&searchQuery=SC2-1.2.1-enUS-patch. but nothing for a 1.2.2 patch. the worst part is on another computer in the same room it runs fine and downloads when he launches the gameDuckman4 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 15/Feb/2011 Patch - Renders game unplayable I ran SC2 this morning - told me there was a new patch - although there were no new patch notes - then I log in, click on play game and I get a message that reads more or less : 'you have an incorrect version of the game...restart the game and download the correct one in order to play a multiplayer game'. What is going on? Suvorov22 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Unable to load campaign mission after update Hi Blizzard and otros. After the two most recent updates, I am now not able to access the campaign mission nor the campaign I was playing. It says it's incompatible with the changes. I would love to be able to play the campaign I spent a few hours on. Please let me know if this can be fixed.Peter2 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Is it just me? *patch 1.2.2* I just recently installed patch 1.2.2 and when i choose extreme settings it gets all choppy. Is anyone else still having this problem?WhiteRabbit4 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Patch 1.2.1 screen dims at login and closes Please help I can't find any solution to this or reach text support on phone no one ever picks up. This started happening with this patch. I can't play. I have updated drivers. I have unchecked lan proxy settings in internet options via control panel. What is the solution? I have patch 1.2.1 that I installed via FTP so if I try to install it again it says my game does not need patching.PsyHye1 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Often stuck when launching game Two problems: 1. Often times when I start SC2, I get stuck with a box in the middle of my screen saying "Launcher connecting to patch server" and the game never moving on. Often, I'll have to launch the task manager to kill the starcraft2 instance and rerun it. I might have to repeat this a few times before everything's running properly. 2. Everytime the game gets a patch, my status bar will get stuck at 70%. I have to use task manager again to kill and restart the process what could be half a dozen times before it finally decides to go from downloading to installing. I am running Windows Vista 64bit with all the latest windows updates and hardware drivers. UAC is turned off and all programs run in administrator mode.CrimsonJihad2 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Unsupported Node - 4 Any time I go anywhere on battle.net i get a popup that says Unsupported Node - 4, so I click ok and then it repeatedly pops up 4 or 5 times. I've tried reinstalling google chrome with no effect.Aert2 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 MASSIVE FPS drop in game Sup everyone, I'm relatively new to this game (bought it two days ago), but I do have a number of friends that play that are helping me along. And while I may be new to this game in particular, I am NOT new to games in general, and I do know my way around fixing common technical problems; however, I have reached an issue upon which I cannot fix despite my best efforts, so I now turn to the official forums for some help. I have done my homework on this issue (googling, as well as going through the stickies), so PLEASE read through the entirety of this thread before posting a generic solution, because I have tried all the obvious ones. First, I should explain my problem. It's quite simple, when I start a game, everything works out fine, but once a lot of units start getting into the game (50+ on the screen at the same time), I get a MASSIVE FPS drop, and when I say massive, I mean literally, from 60 FPS all they way down to <1. I'll go over my pertinent system specs: MoBo: Acer WMCP78M (stock) Chipset: nVidia nForce 720a CPU: AMD Phenom X3 8400 @ 2.1 GHz MEM: 4096MB (2 x 2048 DDR2 DSRAM) GPU: nVidia GeForce GTS 250 HD: Western Digital WD32 00AAJS-00RYA SCSI (320 GB) Monitor: Acer P191W 19" 1440 x 900 OS: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64 bit My system isn't godly, but it is FAR more than good enough to run this game. The easiest way for me to do down my possible diagnosis, is simply to list what I have already tried, and what I ruled out. 1) It's not a GPU-not-good-enough-omg-go-upgrade problem. This problem persists whether I run the game on ultra, or if I run on low, both ways I maintain 60 FPS until I hit these ridiculous "lag spikes". Starcraft is NOT a resource hogging game, this GPU is literally 20 times more than powerful enough to play this game with no lag. 2) It's not an overheat problem. I saw this posted several times as a possible issue, but I monitored the temperature of both my CPU and GPU when playing. On my CPU, all cores stayed at a steady 41 C (CPU), and the graphics memory and GPU stayed at a steady 46 C (GPU). My system is more than adequately cooled, and it's not a laptop if you can't already tell. I already tried capping my framerate at 60 via the variables, it didn't help at all. 3) I HIGHLY doubt it's a CPU problem either. I know there's all this hate going on about SC2 being optimized only for dual core processors, and I know my processor isn't the greatest thing in the world, but all my friends are playing this game on their dual core, integrated graphics laptops with no lag at all...and there is a significant benchmark increase from 2 cores to 3 cores. So I'm seriously doubting that this is a hardware-related problem at all. 4) All my drivers are up to date. Yes, I'm sure. Yes, I'm double sure. Yes, I know nvidia just released a new graphics driver. 4) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. 5) I am not in windowed mode (although I did try windowed mode to see if it made a difference). 6) I toyed with pretty much all of the in-game settings to no avail. 7) No, I don't have anything running in the background (except when I was monitoring my temperature)...and even if I were, my CPU doesn't go above 34% even in the middle of my lag spikes. Overall, I feel like there is some kind of wacky software issue going on here. My friend did tell me that the most recent patch created a lot of FPS issues for certain players, but I really wouldn't know since I just started playing this game. When I lag, my computer is not running slow; I can easily tab out, open an internet browser, and face no lag issues whatsoever, then come back into the game in the midst of my crazy, unending, lag spike. It's as though the game choses to lag up, instead of drawing upon more system resources when it needs them. This is a great game, and I would like to continue playing it, but with this massive FPS drop, there is no feasible way that I can be remotely competitive if this problem goes unsolved. Once again, if you have any possible solutions to my problem, which I haven't already tried, please let me know. Thank you very much in advance.stinkypooman6 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Regarding FUTURE issues with patches... Hopefully a blue will see this. Several of us on the forums here have been effortlessly trying to determine what the problem was and were being as patient as we could with the information we were being given...which was none. For me, this problem has existed since 9am EST...over 8 hours have passed, and over those 8 hours I have scoured the forums, communicated with other players having the issue, and submitted tickets (along with other players) to tech support regarding the problem at hand. I realize that this is now fixed with the new patch, but in the future please don't treat us like idiots and try to placate us with the cookie-cutter advice which you've no doubt been trained to administer. 8 hours ago, if someone would have said "we're working on a patch to fix this issue" then we would have known that the problem was at least being considered "a problem". This, however, is not what happened. We were told it was our internet connection. Or our router. Or some other pre-fabricated solution involving the end-user. The majority of the people who post on this forum are at least somewhat intelligent (I use that term lightly) and a good portion of us are actually in technical job fields ourselves. The only reason we contact Blizzard Technical Support is because we cannot fix the problem due to it being a Blizzard issue. In the future, when situations such as this arise, recognition that a problem does exist would be appreciated. As I said, I have posted about this issue for nearly 8 hours. Obviously Blizzard was aware of this issue. We would much rather hear that you guys muffed something and needed to fix it than to tell us that our computer is the problem.Nox3 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Game Runs, Crashes at Login, ISSUE RESOLVED Go to the Control Panel and open up Internet Options. Click on the Connections tab. Click the button called "LAN Settings" Uncheck all of the options on that screen. Then try again. Should fix the issue, I searched for about an hour and this was the simple fixTheGodfather1 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 18, 2011 Issues with the latest patch...and everypatch Alrighty.....so first off, my issue with patching Starcraft. It has been a few months since I have played SCII, but this is not a unique occurrence for me(see below). Today I decided to boot up the game again, and was met with the blizzard downloader for a routine and painful auto-patch. Here is what happens to me. The downloader sits there for a few seconds, checking for updates. It will either patch, try to patch, or just say "Alright, we're good, you can play". I will hit the play button, at which point the game client will load and I am taken to the login screen. As soon as I hit connect (before I even have the chance to enter my password, but just after I have entered my e-mail), the game client exits and it automatically restarts the downloader. Every time this happens it is like the game thinks I have patched, and then when I try to login it realizes that oh no, I haven't really patched. There is no way to start the game. It always thinks it still needs the new patch. So, I just got off the phone with one of the Blizzard tech support guys. Now, the purpose of this post is not to complain about Blizzard's tech support, they seemed friendly enough to me. But I have poked around for a while and never quite found a solution to this particular problem. To reiterate, every single time there has been a patch, I've had to manually download it from the mirrors on this site and apply it myself. Today I was trying to patch for about 3 hours till I called tech support and the guy told me that something new had just been released, so perhaps the files I downloaded from the site today to patch manually were incorrect. I've searched through numerous help threads, opened ports specifically for Starcraft II, completely turned off my Windows Firewall, allowed Starcraft II as a specific exception for my Windows Firewall, and done a few other things as well. One thing that I noticed when poking through my exceptions list for my Windows Firewall however was that I had around 13 copies of Starcraft II in the exceptions list. This might have something to do with my Firewall settings (I noticed a bit in the Inbound/Outbound rules section where it had an option for "This specific program" and "Program matching this criteria". In every instance the "This specific program" option was clicked. So, maybe every time I patch Starcraft II Windows 7 regards it as a completely new application, and this is somehow causing issues when I try to run the downloader? This may or may not be relevant, but I never installed SCII through the CD. I think I am still using the game client I used to play with my roommate when he gave me his free trial. I bought the game and upgraded with the CD key, but I think I am still essentially using the client I downloaded from when the game was first released (he pre-ordered it, and I know I bought my copy less than 3 weeks after the game was released). Sylvan1 Feb 18, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Urgent - Cannot join custom games This appears to be a wide spread issue, I've joined several channels with people complaining about it. Once clicking join, the join button will "grey out" and then nothing will happen. You can't join any other games. If you restart SC2, about once out of every five tries you will be able to join a game lobby, but because everyone is having problems joining games they never get full enough to start the game and everyone just leaves. This is true for even the most popular of custom games. Please investigate asap.SPazZTiK10 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Cannot join to the multiplayer game! I had already had this issue a several times in the past, and it's starting all over again. I JUST patched to the latest version, logged in with my battle net account, and i tried to join a custom game. This message would pop up AGAIN!!! "You must restart your game client and patch to the lastest version before playing a multiplayer game." I first encountered this error message on November. I was annoyed but i decided to wait until the new patch would come out, and I didn't play SC2 for about a couple months. On January, I patched the game, tried to go into the multiplayer game, and SC2 would give me this message again. I tried the repair program in the SC2 folder and it said it failed to repair. So I sent an email to blizzard support team, and they gave me about 9 solutions I should try. GOD NOTHING WORKED Again, I pointlessly waited a couple of weeks because I was afraid they will tell me to just reinstall this 10GB beast. Time passed, and I gived up and downloaded the game installer. Before installing it I tried on the repair program for the last. IT WORKED?! I enjoyed playing multiplayers for a few days, 3v3 and sotis and craps... And again... today i'm having the same problem after the new patch again. "You must restart your game client and patch to the lastest version before playing a multiplayer game" omg.. repair doesn't work again. I will try anything, please tell me how to fix this... I appreciate your helps...trapCard19 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Game crash? Everytime I start the game it crashes. I got the new patch yesterday and it worked fine, but today it's doing what it did before I manually downloaded the patch, it'll load, connect to the internet and then crash.Vorsoth0 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Incredible Lag in custom games Hi there, this is just a recent problem, and it may have started with the 1.2 patch, but here it goes: I have a dual core 3.06ghz 6mb cache processor, 8gb of ram, 2 GTS 250's running in SLI, so my computers is definitely capable of handling the game. I have a 30 mbps internet connection, so that's plenty fast enough to play. However, in most custom games, the game freezes every few seconds, the freezes can be very quick, or they will drop me out of the game. Often during a bad freeze it will say lost connection to blizzard authentication server, then it will come back with achievements are back online (or something like that) I'm really at a loss here. My computer is plenty powerful enough for this game, and even on all low settings the game freezes and I drop. What is going on here???Lysdexic9 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 reinstall I think a virus or something is blocking the port(s) necessary to connect to the battle.net server, as my repair tool cannot establish an internet connection, and my game crashes with no error report at the login screen. If I reinstall the game in an attempt to fix this, will my replays be saved? Will my achievements be saved? My question is what stuff do I need to back up before reinstalling? Is there stuff that I will not be able to save/backup?hills5 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 not getting achievements i was playing thro the campaign again just for kicks and trying to get some achievements, did through the protoss missions, then went the planet where you have to choose to help tosh or nova and i helped nova. but for some odd reason when i play thro i dont get any achieves at the end of the level, even tho i have played it 3 times all the way through and killed everything on the map. the objectives say ive killed all the spectres before i blow the last building up. i even went through and killed all the turrets. i know im online because i asked a buddy about it before i came here. i have restarted starcraft 2 twice and restarted my computer once any advice on anything? i went back and loaded the previous game i did, which was cutthroat and after i finished it i got 2 achieves that i already had, then it showed me a message saying i have enabled cheating and that ineed to restart the level or load a previous game. i didnt even know there were cheats =/ what do i do?shannon5 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Still getting installation error did clean reinstall twice with no luck this thing still keeps popping up asking me to repair the game now what? I have also run chkdisk. so i dont know what to do any ideas?Clavis2 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 "You must restart your game..." "...patch..." This thread was probably already created, but I didn't see it on the first page so w/e. Wtfsauce? Can't play any games because it tells me to restart sc2 and patch it.Shuriken32 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 After v1.2.2, cannot play any games? Whenever I try to start a multiplayer game, it tells me I have to restart my client and get the new version. However, I've already downloaded the patch. Just to make sure, I restarted the client anyway, but I still get the same error message.aisight55 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Patch 1.2.2 - Cannot join games When I hit the "Find Match" button, it gives me the error "You must restart your game client and patch to the latest version before playing a multiplayer game." I can't make custom games either. I checked in the General Chat channel, and it looks like almost everyone is having the same problem. It just started when we patched up to 1.2.2.Schyfis21 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 HELP NO LADDER/MULTIPLAYER! It says "you must restart your game client and download the latest patch before playing a multiplayer game" I just ran my sc2 earlier today and it updated a new patch! After the patch it didn't let me play multi-player! HELP ME!UrMumInMyBed0 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 SC2 immediately crashes to desktop on load Ahh, friends. I am disappoint. I've never had a problem running SC2 on my iMac (most current model). All of my software is up to date. Starting today, when I click the SC2 icon, it begins to load, I see Jim Raynor's face, then the planet spins for about a second, then the screen freezes and gets darker. I can SEE the login screen with my email address and the "connect" button, but everything is dimmed and I cannot click. Then, it crashes to desktop. No fun.TossnYoSalad5 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Can't start Sc2 Hi, whenever I try to run sc2, at the login screen, the screen dims and then the game crashes to desktop. I don't know what is wrong...it was working fine yesterday D= halp!iluvtofu37 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 WTF BLIZZ!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?! WTH BLIZZARD I DEMAND YOU MAKE MULTIPLAYER GOOD AGAIN, I PAY FOR YOU WORK. DO THIS NOW OR ELSE. I SUE YOU, MY BROTHER IS THE LAWYERLeadshadow0 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Cannot connect to any games. if i restart my computer i can join a game and play it, but after that battle.net wont work, i cant join any games afterwards and i do not want to restart my computer for every game.Wolfengang6 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Crashing After the new patch that came out today i've been crashing every time I log onto bnet. Anyone got the same problem?yihahitsjosh1 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Can't hotkey using mouse I have the forward and backward buttons on my mouse set to Control and Shift respectively, and up until the last patch had great success at using them to create and manage control groups. However, after the last patch SC2 does not recognize input from the mouse and keyboard at the same time. Anyone have a suggestion? I'm running SC2 on my Mac pro with a Logitech mouse, and all my research into the subject has been worthlessMustyD0 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 How to find the posts you made. Everytime i make a post/topic/thread i have to go look for it through the long lists of posts/topics/threads. is there any easier way to find them?Nightrader1 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 After System Restore, Patch 1.21 won't re-d/l So I did a system restore to 2/15, today being 2/17. When I launch SC2 the Blizzard updater comes up, and at 70% I get this message: ... I'd rather not have to reinstall the game for an 8 hour download, as I don't have a CD drive ;/ So what's the issue here? I'll probably restore, but then the reason I did the restore in the first place is an issue again.Belial1 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Starcraft completely blocks internet traffic I have full use of internet, until I try to enter a multi-player game. The most accurate explanation I can give you, is ladder games. I attempt to join a Random 2 v 2 game, and am good, until it's time to join the game. Once a match is found, the game itself locks up, and Windows 7 forces it to close. After Windows crashes StarCraft II, it is still found under Processes, but not Applications. After StarCraft II has crashed, it renders my internet completely useless until reboot. I'm unable to connect to anything that requires an internet connection, including any attempts to re-connect to battle.net. So outside of not being able to play StarCraft II, I am unable to use my internet connection at all unless I reboot my computer. Please fix this.Sanf2 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Can't continue campaign. When I click on the Continue Campaign button it begins to load then I get "The mod data loaded does not match the mod data which was originally used to play this game." All searches bring up this problem in relation to viewing replays. Ran the repair tool, said was fine. Edit: Selected Multiplayer then Single to select Load and was able to load from previous mission victory. All saves from current mission resulted in the above error.Crober46 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Repeat need to relog I will join a custom game. Then no one joins so I back out to join a different one but the Join Game is grayed out. So I try to do a ladder and that start button is also grayed out. Only solutions is to log out and log in.Ochie2 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Patch 1.2.1 > 1.2.2 'mod data' game saves Patch 1.2.2 will be released shortly. This patch will restore full functionality to all saves made prior to 1.2.1. Unfortunately, due to technical limitations, all mid-mission saves made on patch 1.2.1 will experience the same symptoms that pre-1.2.1 patches were previously having. While this is unavoidable, the same work-around that worked for earlier 'Autosave-victory' saves will still work. To refresh, if you have a critical campaign save made during 1.2.1 that you would like to continue, please use the following method: 1) Switch to Multi Player 2) Switch back to Single Player 3) Hit ‘Load’ 4) Select 'Autosave' 5) Choose a campaign save that was not ‘mid-mission’, i.e. your last completed mission victory. This method will only be required for 1.2.1 saves that are trying to be access via 1.2.2. All future saves and pre-1.2.1 saves can be accessed via normal methods. We truly apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding. ________________________________________________ Account and Technical Services || Tues - Sat 645 - 1545 PST Not seeing a resolution on the forums? Contact a Support Rep directly! - http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. Let me know how I'm doing! :) - http://www.surveymk.com/s/RMW9Y6XBrianI0 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Cannot join Startcraft2 games After I click 'Join game', the button greys out and nothing happens. I've logged out/on, and, restarted SC2 several times. This started happening after the recent Battle.Net maintenence. It appeers to be a battle.net issue. lots of people are having the same issue. I created a game, opened it to the public, and am still waiting for players to join after 20 minutes. I have two purchased (when ti was released) and registered copies of SC2 on my network, each on a different pc. Both work fine. This is not a router issue. This exact same thing happened a while back when a SC2 update was put out and Battle.Net was also updated. Does anyone remember that? After awhile, Battle.Net was shutdown and maint applied - worked fine after. That is, until the recent SC2/battle.Net updates. I'm starting a new thread so Battle.Net does not just see 2 or 3 threads.AssassinDad4 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 desync? just started a 1v1 ladder game, & at 0 seconds in a screen popped up & said "desync" i got a loss for it, my opponent apparently got a win not that that matters, just asking what exactly does "desync" mean? is it an issue with my computer? or is it battlenet 2.0? anybody else have this happen to them, or have any answerS?tvface1 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Real Id Friends Removed (Twice) Today all my real id friends got removed from my list somehow. This happened before 2 weeks ago or so. Is there something i can do to avoid this happening again?Lionmastyr4 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Mouse problem Hi everyone, I Have some issues with my mouse, when playing on SC2. I'm quite sure it's because of sc2, because it never happenned to me before i played this game. So, the thing is, at some point, and I don't know when, my cursor changes form, and doesn't look like a normal cursor anymore, so I don't really know where is my mouse. I really can't tell you when it happens, because I really don't do anything special or press any special buttons...but it arrives in game. I took screenshots, under SC2 or even Windows, but simply, you can't see anything on these screenshots....the mouse is gone. Although I can see a dark vertical space-spotted line of about 2cm, but that's all. It doesn't show on any screenshots... It's really bothering, because it happenned to me 3 times, and in game it's not very practical. Even worse, I still have this problem when I switch back to Win. So, to solve my problem, I only can reboot my computer. Here or some screenshots of in-game and windows desktop without any cursor. http://www.grabilla.com/01211-149b826b-b7a6-4cd0-aaa8-7c50d1e6c607.png http://www.grabilla.com/01211-a7f1822e-82b6-47c6-bfe9-994ce44be9ea.png Has anyone already experienced that kind of stuff??TheRealThing1 Feb 17, 2011
Feb 17, 2011 Too many licenses? Huh? Just got a new Alienware and tried installing SCII on it. When I try to connect to Battle.net and put in my software key for the game, I get a message telling me I already have too many licenses for this game. Not sure what's up with that. Can I really only install this game on one PC ever?NytePhantom3 Feb 17, 2011