Technical Support

Feb 20, 2011 Cannot connect to B.net Everytime I load up SC2 it gives me the message that it cannot connect to b.net and if i cannot connect to bnet in a few mins to check my internet connection. I checked my Antivirus program, Checked my modem settings, Even my firewall. I also ran the repair tool but to have nothing fixed.....do i have to reinstall the game maybe?Hexxorcist3 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 SC2 puts a 100% load on my cpu core4.. Hi, Here is what happens. The 90% of the time when exciting the SC2. It hangs and puts a 100% load on my core4, but after 10sec it releases and exits the game. The same thing happens in "Options". It freezes the system and releases after some time. Never happens during normal game play. I tried logging out of BNET first, but that didn't help... I haven't noticed this with earlier patches so I was wondering if someone is getting something like that? I think this started after patch 1.21.. 2500K 6GB RAM GTX460 1GBcipsaz7 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 Is it just me? *patch 1.2.2* I just recently installed patch 1.2.2 and when i choose extreme settings it gets all choppy. Is anyone else still having this problem?WhiteRabbit7 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 Disturbing FPS, possibly due to quad cores For quite some time ive had terrible FPS in SC2, and ive deciding to run a few tests withing my capability to see where it goes wrong, and this is what ive gotten: This first screenshot is of me running SC2 in a very unit intensive map, and you can clearly see that my FPS is unplayable with, yet my 4 cores are barely being used. http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2171/sc2fpsfail2.png this second screenshot is of a small stress test i did, using a program that would max out my cores AND a program that would stress my GPU, my cores were at a 100% each and my gpu too, yet i cant run SC2 smoothly on the lowest possible graphics? http://img193.imageshack.us/i/cpuandgpustresstest.png/ so I kinda deduce form this that my comIS capable of running my video card AND my 4 cores at the same time (which I already knew) so someone tell my why i cant run this f-ing game properly? i mean everythig seems to work out well individualy( according to other users including some of my friends) yet they dont work for me, and this is after formating and installing Win7 ult 32bit(i used to have XP, had exact same problem) I can provide my DX diag if anyone is intrested, im just tired of this happening, since this has been happening for a very long while, reducing my gameplay to playing on other people's computers, even though mine should be able to run it with graphics and such on ultra.Spiritbx7 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 In game communication(Harassement) Why can people talk while the game is loading? Some people use the loading screen to spam, and you cannot mute them during the loading screen. You must wait until the game starts to mute that player or you must mute voice chat itself before entering a game. When someone is disconnecting, why is it set to all chat? I wish to discuss strategy while someone is disconnecting, but I cannot, because the default chat is set to all chat. Also, you cannot mute or ignore a player during the disconnect phase. Some people use that time to spam and the reason why they do that is to force the disconnect on the disconnecting player. Would like to have a blizzard employee respond to me if there are ways to fix my problems. Thanks in advance.Sofitia0 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 Patch fails to download So I just reloaded my OS and am reinstalling sc2, however when downloading the patches, the patcher starts off downloading at a steady rate (100 kb/s plus), but then dips down until eventually hitting 0.0 kb/s. Afterwords it fluctuates a bit between 0.0 and 2.0 kb/s. Even after disabling windows firewall and avast (the only firewalls i currently have) the problem still persists. My internet connection is stable and does not have any problems. Could another program be blocking the downloader or is it a problem with the patcher itself? I just did a fresh install of windows xp so the amount of programs that could possibly interfere is minimal.AbSurd7 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 Blizzard maps not available in single player So I haven't been playing too much recently, so I was behind a couple patches tonight. After I got all patched up to 1.2.2 I decided to play some VS AI games to try and get myself back into it. Problem is, my map list in Vs AI was completely empty. So I tried an experiment: I went over to multiplayer and created a new game. A list of the blizz maps showed up so I selected one, and it downloaded. After that, I exited and went back to single player vs ai, and sure enough the map was downloaded on the list. I tried a few others and it seemed to work for them. Figured this was the kind of thing blizzard would want to hear about, also is a quick fix if anyone else is having the issue. But I am curious: is there a quick way to download all of the blizzard maps all at once?Friendartist1 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 Attempting to change portrait crashes web When I attempt to change my portrait, or view my profile, or view ladder stats, I disconnect. Additionally my router gives me a screen that I've disconnected. After aboue 20 seconds my connection is restored. Sometimes after playing games I get back access to these screens, but not always. I tried using the instructions in http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/933033480 but all the hashes work out. I don't see why it wont' work, and why it in fact disconnects my router.Froadac0 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 disconnect "waiting for server dialog" I thought I had a virus and did a scan and defrag and checked everything... Even 1v1 vs computer or larger games it seems to get this message. in large gamees it seems to hang at the player loading screen and then hangs some at game loading time.. In smaller games 1v1 vs comps it hangs right after I grab my miners and send em on crystals. Everything workes fine around noon when I played. I am not sure if this is a issue on my end or a server issue. I dont think it is on my end since the load on the server is high at this moment. Still, it is frusterating and would like to see this resolved. More servers added to releave this or some other kind of solution. i alwasy get waiting for server and the surrender button. I posted this on the sticky thread and others did also but the last date a blizzard emplyee responded on it was 4 months ago.. this seems to be new after the 1.2.2 patch I downloaded today as i have never sceen this before aloth others have It is 7 pm central time here..Fiendo0 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 My screen is jumping I just recently restored my pc to factory condition. Before then, I had no visual technical problems running the game. shortly after restoring, patch 1.2.1 came. Although, this problem hasn't really started until patch 1.2.2. This ONLY happens when I'm running sc2. Is it something to do with my pc, or my software? Anyone else experiencing this?Returners1 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 Cannot start the game- Patcher loop So recently I've had a big problem with SC2. When I started the game, the login screen was shown for a split second and then the game just blacked out. Then I reinstalled the game to hopefully fix the problem. Now when I try to patch it, the patcher says "You need to install the patch" if I click yes, the screen goes black for a second and then it asks me the same question again add infinitum. Unfortunately, when I tried to get the patch mirror and begin the program, it just doesn't even start. When I used the build in Blizzard Repair, it says I need to uninstall the game. I'm getting extremely frustrated. RuRuRuRufus0 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 Disconnect: No msg given / Incorrect login/pw This past week I've been getting random drops from battle.net saying I have entered the incorrect login information. Fearing hacking I changed my password and ran full scans on my computer. This did not turn anything up and the random disconnect with this message persist despite the password change. Additionally over the past 2 days I am now getting a random lag out (despite not lagging - checked speedtest during one of these lagouts) during my laddering, thus costing me opportunities to win. There are no messages given for these lag outs and no true disconnect from battle.net in these cases. I once left the screen up and it stayed up for 30 minutes before I raged and finally clicked Surrender and smoothly entered the menu screens. Can someone please shed some light on this frustrating situation.GGDisOrientL0 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 sc2 glitching out on log screen i just went through so many steps to get starcraft 2 working on my macbook, i deleted a @**%load of cache files and still cant get to the patch screen someone helpJimAnthony1 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 Units turning invisible on screen... And not being selectable. What could be causing this? I'm running on maxed settings with core i7 x920, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 5870 HD Mobility X-Fire.SPRIGGAN1 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 game constantly laggin out. any ideas? k here's my set up: 1.6 ghz i7 processor 6gb ram 1gb ati radeon 5700 hd. Lately every time i to go online the game just lags uncontrollably. I am getting lagged out/can't enjoy the game due to lag. I thought game was maybe pushing my rig so i lowered the graphics to absolute lowest. that still didn't help. my router appears to be working fine, no downloads are going and i can go on steam, xbox live, and psn no problem no lag. so does anyone know what's going on?ShiftyCat1 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Can't Connect I was playing yesterday fine, but whenever i try to log in it says my internet or B.net is down. My internet is fine, as i am posting this. And ive asked several friends and they say they can get on. Any ideas ?Xingke7 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 not connecting to battle.net When I start the game and hit connect, it says it cant find a response from battle.net. It only just started recently. Help!chickenman1 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Servers Down? Im not sure if anyone else is having this problem but i cannot connect to battlenet. are the servers down?Blitzkrieg3 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 which mission am I missing? I finished "the gates" of hell on hard difficulty in order to unlock both, the dominion's drop achievement and the 20 hard missions completed. I got the dominion's drop achievements and I thought that as soon as I finished the mission I would be able to get the 20 hard achievement, but nothing happened. Now that I think about it, I didn't destroy all the spore cannons, could that be the reason why I didn't get the achievement even though I finished the mission?StargazerLos3 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Cant get past 70% Hey yall, i had the patch downloaded with no problem but I got a virus last night and had to restore my comp to before the patch. Now it wont patch past 70% and im getting an error message: The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x2FE4E170809E27E16BD727897C52EDC6, actual 0x8DA0B2B0F9B4E1B496D94F4F2BC68410.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply) if anyone has a suggestion that would be great. Ive done everything but reinstall the game. thanks OrbiTaLOrbiTaL1 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Patch 1.2.2 won't finish. I have just tried again after doing a malware cleanup, re-installing, and looking up any info on similar cases, and none have provided any help. Here's what it says when it aborts the patch. The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base17326\SC2.exe" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base17326\SC2.exe.Trash". If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/3) Omnilisk4 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Archer, new SC2 Tech MVP Please join me in welcoming Archer to the Most Valuable Poster program!! Since Starcraft II launch, Archer has been a staple in these forums assisting players with various technical issues, posting troubleshooting guides, and answering various tech related questions. Archer will continue to assist Blizzard’s players as always, but now with a touch of green. You can find details about the MVP program here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/275336 Congrats Archer, it’s not easy being green… :D ________________________________________________ Blizzard Entertainment Account and Technical Services http://www.blizzard.com/support AdamS19 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Editor crash since 1.2 The editor consistently crashes for me when attempting to load any map containing the doodad "Temple Stone Inlay" (such as Lost Temple) in addition if I start a blank map and try to place that doodad the editor will also crash. I've run the repair tool several times to no avail, as well as deleting the map cache to get fresh ones from battle.net. Still does this as of patch 1.2.2 Here's some of the crash report: ================================================================================ SC2Editor (B17811) Time: 2011-02-19 14:10:58.577 Exe: C:\Users\Public\Games\StarCraft II\Support\SC2Editor.exe Parameters: Exe Built: 2011-02-19 12:27:04.499 User: [removed] Computer: [removed] Version: 1.2.2.17811 Branch: branches/1.2.b Revision: 90756 Locale: enUS ================================================================================ e_errorKindModel(4) "e_errorKindModel(4)"Polarbear2 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 auto updater is %!@%ed fix it. i did nothing strange, the @*%% just broke. read the tech support forumneotrantor3 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 There were multiple problems saving data Greetings, I cant patch the 1.2.2 nor 1.2.0 somewhere in the middle it says "there were multiple problems saving data". Please fix this issue. Its unbearable. Thank you.PhyzX0 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Opening Lag Whenever I start a league game, the game lags and becomes unresponsive, not allowing me to send my workers to the minerals and build another until 5-10 seconds in. This disadvantage is hugely annoying. To note: I use a 2009 macbook pro, and a logitech wireless mouse. What should I do to prevent this from happening?Centauri0 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 20, 2011 Game\Editor Crashing When I save or test my map, about 50% of the time it will crash. Sometimes it will just get stuck loading. The error report log says: e_fileCorrupt "Your StarCraft II installation is corrupt. Would you like to run the Repair tool now?" Archive: --Filepath removed--.SC2Map File: enUS.SC2Data\LocalizedData/GameStrings.txt (I can copy the rest if needed) I did run the Blizzard Repair tool, but it didn't resolve the issue. Although it claims my sc2 corrupted, it may actually be the map file. Any idea on how to resolve this issue? Other (perhaps) relevant information: (will update as needed) I work on my map over a network (Its not on my computer)TheSkunk10 Feb 20, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Patch wont download for some reason. I sh*t you not my friends, this is the error message I receive when I - (After alot of frustration ) finally got the patcher utility to start working. "The application couldn't be executed for some reason. Please close all applications and try again." Fail.Synthetic4 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Give the ability to lead, kick in channels!!! Greetings, Im asking you please to give the ability to kick players from channels by the leader (Creator) of the private channels in order to improve sc2 gamers gaming experience. I made a channel of top 100 team players in europe but, unfortunately many bronze fans get in the channel and upset all the high ranked 1 players. Please give the ability to kick/ben from private to make the best of the best players be in same private channel with out any newbies. Please update this in the next patch. Thank you.PhyzX1 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Chat Issues Today on 2/19/11. I managed to log into my account. Join a game. And had alot of fun playing the game. However, it would not let me chat or communicate. I have been able to chat or communicate before. But now I've been limited to Voice-Chat. What did I do wrong? Is this a glitch? Have I been disciplined? If you have an answer, let me know. If its a disciplinary thing, I'm free to try and fix whatever I did wrong. But I do not remember doing anything against community GuideLines. ~Ben EDIT: Nevermind this! After minimizing my game and bringing it back up it started to let me chat again, for once. Strange occurance, yes?Ben2 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 parental control parental control is reqd for Starcraft. Is there any thought in adding this function? ThanksTwistedFate3 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 1v1 Not gaining any points Ive just won a few games on 1v1, although im in bronze league and in 99th rank... Im just not gaining any points when i win games. Why not? my record is horrible as well.Wolf2 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 game shuts down before log in screen. when i start SCII it goes through the loading screen with jim on it, then when it shows the log in screen it shuts down before the box with my account name pops up.Creedfox10 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Patch making saved single games unloadable. This happened last patch. I go and try and load my previously saved single player games and it won't load. Says its a different version. Anything I can do? I don't really feel like starting over again since I just had to do that.MrNick2 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Points not being added MY 2v2 RT points have not been affecting my point score for some time now (going through several says and many different time playing). Recent I wont 4 in a row and got +22 +12 +12 +8 in my match history, but my point total is not moving up in divison Sentry Pi. I have noticed that if I lose a game, the points do indeed get subtracted. This happening to anyone else?Novi1 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 How much FPS should I be getting? Hello all. Lately I've been monitoring my FPS while playing sc2 and I've noticed that it's usually hovering around 50 in a 4v4 match, and then sometimes drops to around 30 ish seemingly randomly. My systems specs are: i7 960 @ 2.67GHz 2x CrossfireX enabled ATI Radeon 5670s with 1gb dedicated memory in EACH one of the cards. 3gb of trichannel ddr3 ram at 1333 mhz. I usually hovering around 30-50 FPS on high/medium settings in game. This makes no sense to me, I was pretty sure that my rig could at least handle a solid 60 fps. I have v-sync enabled. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance, guys.Xugos10 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Antialiasing, GTX260, and low FPS When I am running with AA off, I get a smooth as silk average ~80fps. However, when I turn AA up to say, even 2x, the fps drops to 30. If I turn it up to 8x, it drops to like 10 on the menus. I have the latest drivers, and I am running everything on max 1680x1050. Is this suppose to happen? I figured my system would be good enough to handle at least 2x AA. specs are: Phenom II X6 1100T GTX 260 6GB DDR3 10600 750W PSU Running W7 Ultimate. Charmander5 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Mute?! Why can't I mute anyone?! It tells my my "block communications list is full." What?? I don't want people asking "U MAD BRO???" all game. Solutions?Reaper2 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Crossfire and SC2, Getting it to Work I recently bought myself a second card because my friends said that Crossfire was a good way to upgrade without having to spend the extra cash for a top of the line card. Of course nothing comes easy with technology and i couldn't get crossfire to work with Starcraft 2. With some tinkering though i finally came up with three possible solutions (which fixed my problem) that could fix your problems and save you from the hassle of turning and turning off your crossfire every time you play SC2. Solution one: SC2 has to be in full screen mode, Crossfire would not activate for me in windowed. (make sure to turn on that Crossfire icon which will indicate that crossfire is active. you can do this by right-clicking on the CCC icon and going to your first Graphics card and going to the Crossfirex settings tab. it says "show Crossfirex status icon (when applicable)" that way you know its working.) Solution two: try switching your cards around, crossfire would not work for me at first until i switched my cards around. (I don't know why this helped) Solution three: Make sure your graphics cards are connected with their own dedicated cable directly to the power supply,one of my cards was not getting the full voltage it needed to run at optimal speed and was only running at 145hz while the other was running at 960hz. *on a side note, the new CCC(Catalyst Control Center) recently added a check box called "Morphological Filtering" which was causing some nasty screen jitters for me. i advise un-checking that if anyone else has recently been having this issue. Hope this helps anyone in need. -------------------------------------- i currently run two 5770sMasterGuide1 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 I found a link to download the newest patch! Guys go to http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/starcraftII/patches/pc/ . Download the US one! And have fun!HarryLiu2 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Game is crashing Everytime i load my Starcraft II it crashes and shuts down back to my home screen for windows. It loads until it reaches the login screen. What should I do?Disco8 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 New patch has lost me two ladder games. Back at the begining of starcraft there was a issue with rendering. If your PC specs were to high, the game would not be able to load it fast enough or something like that. There was a bandaid fix, where we manually put a cap on the rendering, and its been fine for the last however longs its been since SC2 came out. Until today, i dont know what this new patch has done, but the exact same thing is happening. Being kicked from games about 5 minutes in and SC2 will crash. You can still hear the sounds, but the monitor dies. Because of this, its virtually impossible to play Starcraft 2. Can you please give me the updated bandaid fix to the rendering problem. Thanks, Trynne.Trynne13 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Patch 1.2.2 mirror IS NEEDED please, this is only solution to fix problem [dim screen login crash] I and many are having DA LINK plsPsyHye10 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Problem playing online games now. Just turned it on, tried to join a game and it says Error. There is a problem with the download cache. restarted computer still same problem. Anyone know how to fix this? I was on earlier today and i did not have this problem.TGIGZ4 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Question for Quad-core CPU owners Ok, so I got myself a new Nvidia 1GB GTX 460 graphic cards, and still didn't notice any much performance improvement in Starcraft 2 framerate at all compared to my old 512-MB 9800 GTX+ card. I figure out it must be due to CPU bottleneck (which is kind of unlikely, since I'm currently using an AMD X3 (tri-core) 3.0 Ghz) Even with the GTX 460 installed, in these specific scenes the frame rate still dropped below 30 fps, and sometimes worse, less than 15 fps: 1) Zero Hour mission (victory ending scene when the Hyperion came) 2) Haven's Fall mission (the beginning scene showing Matt's warning about the infested zerg structures & brood lords) 3) In Utter Darkness (when army cap reach 200 and toward the end) 4) All in (toward the end when massive units flooded in) 5) some dense 4v4 league battles. So, to anyone who owns a quad-core out there (either core i7 or amd x4) and has a good graphic card similar to the GTX 460, can you guys please check those campaign scenes, especially those in the Zero Hour and Haven's Fall missions, and see if you have consistently over 30 fps during those scenes? I'd like to upgrade to a quad-core CPU but I am not sure if this will really improve the Starcraft 2 frame-rate during heavy battle scenes or not ;( TinBui13 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 CPU fixed but now SC2 doesn't work Hey I recently had my computer fixed and the hard drives switched (Had 2 hard drives in computer so they could sell 1 tera vs 500GB) but he said he put all of the old stuff on here. This is confirmed when I try to click install and it says "Game already installed" or whatever the message is. I'm down to reinstall to get it working but the main problem is that the product key (which I kept) won't work anymore. Do I still need the product key for anything or should I just reinstall? Any ideas on how to access a shortcut to starcraft (I did search computer for it)? I'm not the smartest guy in the world when it comes to computers so if somebody knows anything that might help thanks... -Flatjacket1flatjacket5 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Need help choosing a new video card Ok so my rig is a quad core 2.66 OC at 3ghz. I have 4 gigs of ddr 3 ram, and currently a bfg gtx 280. Oh and i have an evga 790i mobo. I've had this rig since 08 and ever since then my video card has died on my twice, and I also have an rl friend that has the same exact vid card and it has died with the exact same symptoms twice as well. Just yesterday my video card died on my for the 3rd time with yet again the exact same symptoms (there is straight up a design flaw with this card or something) but the problem is BFG closed shop, they are no longer around. I called nvidia tech support and they gave me the cold shoulder and said there isn't anything they can do. So now I don't have a rig capable of playing any new games sc2 included, and I need some help choosing a new video card. I can possibly go for a high end card so long as its actually worth it. Seeing as I seem to have terrible taste in cards I was hoping some of the more tech savvy gamers here can help me figure out which route to go. Of what little knowledge I have on this subject I'm under the assumption that the top of line radeon is technically the most powerful card, but at the same time they have a lot of support issues with games. I seem to see a lot radeon users on tech support forums for various games with all sorts of issues ranging from performance problems to bugs to balls out crashing. On the other hand my 280 and Nvidia's horrendous support of the BFG situation has really screwed up my once confident decision to stick with their cards. tldr: I want a beastly new vid card that will be STABLE more than anything else. I don't want to have driver problems with new games and I don't want to have to replace my card every 6 months like I did with my gtx 280. Ty in advance.Neurosis0 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 SC2 Dowload Trouble Hey, I'm currently trying to download Sc2, but it is going very slow. The problem is, Ä listening port could not be opened" Now when I click More Info to try to fix the problem, nothing happens. I have searched the web for soultions but nothing has benefited me so far. Please halp :DKineti0 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 We Need da link or mirror of 1.2.2 please please give the link or the mirrorAlejandro3 Feb 19, 2011
Feb 19, 2011 Questions about manually patching 1.2.2 I haven't patched 1.2.1 yet. Do i need to manually patch that before I manually patch 1.2.2 or can I directly patch 1.2.2... The autopatcher isn't working. And if I need to patch 1.2.1 before, where could I find that? I didn't play all week so I didn't get either patches. I know 1.2.2 is on http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/starcraftII/patches/pc/ Also, on 1.2.2 would I download the enUS patch? Correct?Tofu1 Feb 19, 2011