Technical Support

Mar 27, 2011 Plz Help Cant install the new patch 1.3.0!!! The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x8DA0B2B0F9B4E1B496D94F4F2BC68410, actual 0x5324D310EE5172782988339058DF9CB7.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply) WHat should i do? plz replayOzzy5 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 black screen after a few minutes of play I started with the tutorial games and would then see a black screen after a few minutes. The monitor would say no signal and I'd have to press the reset button. I updated the mb bios, nvidia driver, soundblaster driver. Fresh install of XP with service pack 3 and updates. Nothing else installed besides Starcraft 2. My gpu temperature 59 C - 70 C. I tried the variables.txt file fix frameratecap=30 frameratecapGlue=30 displaymode=0 All graphics settings on low, 1024 x 768. graphics card is on its own power wire/connector, default settings. sound card is on mono and other lowest settings. Resintalled the OS and Starcraft 2 , twice already. system P4 3.2 Ghz Nvidia geforce 6800 gs ( BFG ) 2 GB PC3200 ram 80 GB hd 500 W PSU , 28 amps on the +12V mochi8 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 27, 2011 When I open SC2 I can only see the background http://i.imgur.com/VpNc0.jpg The background with the planet and such is all I can see. No buttons or anything.konrrr3 Mar 27, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 "The game is awaiting a response.... I was going to login to SC2. I typed in my email, then clicked Connect. Nothing happens for a bit. Then a new window appears, saying "CONNECTING TO BATTLE.NET". It states that "The game is awaiting a response from Battle.net..." I checked all the internet connections, and nothing is wrong. How do I fix this and get back to playing?Splink1 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 pre cache unit sounds? Is there any way of forcing starcraft 2 to pre cache the unit sounds? The first time a sound plays for a unit it will sometimes cause the game to stutter for a second which is annoying, if there is a way of forcing the sounds to be pre loaded it would be great.Threep0 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Blue screen after login phase ever since the 1.3 patch i have been getting blue screens everytime i get past the login phase and before i can click on my profile. i have updated my video card and have contacted blizzard support but so far they have no idea on what to do, does anyone know how to fix this problem?Mortarion4 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Connecting with Wrong B.Net Account. I had my sc2 account transfered from 1 battle.net account to another, I am still required to log into the old one to access the forums. Not exactly annoying, but it's getting confusing. The other battle.net account that this should be linked to has the letter M in between my first and last name.Demo2 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Couldn't expand So I was playing a 1v1 on Scrap Station and everything was going dandy... got my main and natural but then about 20 minutes in, I attempted to expand but couldn't. I tried at 3 different locations and kept getting the message "Too close to mineral field" or something like that, however; the Nexus I was trying to create was in the correct position. I tried creating it in a variety of places with different Probes near the minerals so the placement squares weren't red, but kept getting the error message. I ended up losing because of mineral exhaustion. I'm not sure if this is a known bug but was very inconvenient. Hope this gets fixed!Plasma2 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 SystemCheck send error Hello, I recently purchased a new computer to run SCII and D3 at max settings! Unforuntately, when I try to update the beta profile via systemcheck, it tells me the information can not be sent. I followed all the trouble shooting FAQ instructions, turned off security essentials, reinstalled the program and restarted but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Hope to hear from you shortly.Kain3 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Flashing lights coming out from units Recently every time i play Starcraft on one computer i see lights coming out form some units when i play in the beginning its tolerable but later in the game it gets to a point where i see lights everywhere even when i lower the settings it still occurs on one computer My Graphics card is an AMD 6870 graphics card before a couple weeks ago i was using this graphics card to play Starcraft with no problems Slayerking5 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Game crashes at same point everytime. I'm quite well along in the campaign but now whenever I visit the laboratory and try to upgrade my research (at this point I will be finished) the game crashes. I would like this fixed please.Ersonic2 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 add a game what? Hi, when I open starcraft, and the log in boxshows up, I finish typing in the password then it says I need to adds game or buy a game I installed this game on my friend's computer digitally And it says this message. So I go to manage my account, Try to add a game but it says I have maximum number of starcraft2 for this region (NA). I looked at the trouble shooting guide but nothing talks about my problem Please reply.Leemaister1 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 FPS problems... Ok, so i usually play stacraft 2 on high setting with 50-70 frames per second. But after about 3 weeks ago, the framerate drops from 50-70 to about 30 in game. I havent touched anything on my laptop ever since i got it and now there is a sudden drop in frames. My setup is: Intel core i7 740qm @1.73 ghz Nvidia Geforce GTX 460m w/ 1.5gb gddr5 8 gigs of Ram. I know this is way more than is needed to run the game on high, yet i get 30 frames on medium, and barely anymore on low, while on high it stays at like 28. Any help would be appreciated.Resolution1 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 i need help!!!!!! someone reply plz when i was starting my starcraft something can out and said "(An error occurred starting Starcraft 2. Please try again. what do i do and how do i stop my lagging it really getting annoying and that why i all ways have to lose a games. How do i stop the lagging and how do i make it faster. PLZ SOMEONE Replyhuk1 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Game crashes at startup So I haven't played since before 1.3 and decided to give it a go today. I start up the game and first strange thing I notice is it does not download or install the patch. The game loads fine and then gets to the login screen. Immediately the login screen is greyed out and I cannot click on anything. A few seconds later the game closes. No error report, no BSoD, no nothing. I tried everything I could possibly think of: restart the computer, virus scan, clean out temp folders and registry; safe mode; turned off my wireless adapter; run as admin (in w7); run in comp. mode... etc. I did way more stuff and am still trying. Currently reinstalling the game and downloading the patch manually to install manually. Anyone have the same issue? Is so, did you find a solution? If not, any ideas as to what I can try?Yuriy16 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Patch 1.3 error I've been looking around the forums and couldn't seem to find anyone with the same problem/solution as me. So I recently had trouble with the 1.3 patch update. So, doing what was given to me as a suggestion a text box provided, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but I still encountered the same problem. So I brought over a friend of mine to help me with it, and we did the samething, only he installed a CC cleaner, and we cleared some extra files. I tried loading the game, but when it did the patch update, it would get to 100% and just restart it over again. So, yet again I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, used CC cleaner, used the starcraft repair tool (both twice before and after). The update was going well, then it got to the blizzard updater at 98% then told me "C:\Program Files\Starcraft II\support\Blizzard Updater.exe" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files\Starcraft II\support\Blizzard Updater.exe.Trash". So, I went to find this file, which I did, and tried to remove it manually. It told me I need adminstrator access to do so (and I was already on admin account) so I couldn't delete it. I used CC cleaner and the Starcraft repair tool and it could NOT get rid of this file or rename it. It even says there are no problems to report. Sorry for such a long post, but I have spent the last few days doing all of this and while I am angry I still love starcraft and would love to continue to play it and not wait a year for the next one. Any and all help would be nice thank you ^.^Felix8 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Random crashes Sc crashes randomly on my computer about twice a day, it crashs completly randomly like looking at scenery or clicking on multiplayer button. Though mainly ingame. Sometimes the error reporting window doesnt show up either. Is there a fix to this?AOmugy2 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Issues running SC since 1.3 So apparently my friend is having this problem since patch 1.3. At first, he couldn't update the game at all, but I suggested that he make a new Admin account on his computer and install the game there and see what happens. From what he tells me, the game installs and it patches, but it crashes once he sees Raynor's face, and afterward he has to download patches again. If anyone can help him out here, I'd appreciate it.Delmin1 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Patch 1.3 corrupted Starcraft 2 files? So I just installed patch 1.3 through the auto patcher, and once finished and trying to start the game, it crashes with the Blizzard error reporter screen. It doesn't even get to the Jim Raynor splashscreen. It then prompts me to run the Starcraft 2 repair program. I ran that, and my computer BSOD'd. and every time I try to start the game, same thing happens. wtf is this blizzard??!? Just thought I'd share this issue.. Will attempt a reinstall tonight and see if it gets fixed..PaulDoFish1 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 "..Not enough paged pool memory..." I played Starcraft II for months on high settings perfectly smoothly, then one day, it froze on me so I just rebooted. Now whenever I play, even on the lowest settings, the game freaks out and shows me the message "Your computer has run out of paged pool memory....ect" I went into my computer and physically increased the amount of memory specifically dedicated..but this did nothing. I do not know what to do. My computer is less than half a year old with more than sufficient specs... Best Regards, Big HawwwsBigHawwws1 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Reinstallation So a little over a week ago, my hard drive became corrupted, i might have picked up a virus or something im not sure. Anyway i got a new hard drive for my computer and im trying to install starcraft 2 on it. When i insert the disk the computer just whir's for a minute but nothing happens. Any advice? i still have the "authentication key" and i know the disk itself isnt damaged.Glitch2 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Can't join chat room There is one channel I can't join. When I click it on my list it does nothing, when I manually enter it, it does nothing (as though I'm already in it). My friend tells me that when I log in, he sees me in the channel (even before I try to join it), and when I log out, I leave the channel. I don't see anything on my end, though.Prada1 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 internet connections stops while downloading While downloading the game client at my friend's house, the downloading stops with a connection failure. The entire internet stops and I have to troubleshoot it everytime. when I looked at the log it said this... 03/25/11 17:05:26.9190 begin - UPnP_Shutdown 03/25/11 17:05:26.9192 end - UPnP_Shutdown Please help meLeemaister3 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Fog of War sawnoutofmemory - Fog of war disabled. Not working, is this a bug in patch 1.3?ClifftheBiff4 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Chat Channel Bug Dear blizzard support, I am having a problem with using the chat channel system. I was being in the 2 chat channel name: "uwaterloo" and "clan OD" and i got disconnected by some weird internet problems. After that, i relog-in and find out i cant join those 2 channels for some reasons. I could join the others channels just fine but just those 2 i cannot. I tried to use my roommate account and his laptop to join those channel and found out that im still in the list of user in the channel but actually im not. I guess this is the main reason why i could not join those: im technically already being in them. So i hope you guys could fix this soon so that i could contact with my friend/community and Please implement moderator system for pirate chat channel so we could fix problem like this by ourself. Thank you and best regard, NoBody.586 edit: some spelling error, english is my 2nd lang so please bare with meNoBody46 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Patcher stuck at "Updating" phase. After resetting my computer to factory settings due to some problems I re downloaded starcraft 2 and after 2 horus it finally installed, and now is patching. However, in the patching screen it says the status is "updating" but there is no percentage of the patch downloaded or such. Its been stuck on this screen for 20 minutes and I've tried restarting it and running as admin with no luck. I have reset my computer before and downloaded starcraft with no problem so i am curious as to why this is happening now. Please help?SMKody8 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Not running smootly My program has just recently stopping running smoothly? It worked fine before but now while I am in or out of a game the sound started skipping like a broken record? And while playing it runs very choppy, but doesn't give me any messages of any kind? I'm running windows 7 with 6Gb of ramIRONRAY2 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Patch installing 1.3 issues Everytime I try to patch to the new update I get this. The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x8DA0B2B0F9B4E1B496D94F4F2BC68410, actual 0x5324D310EE5172782988339058DF9CB7.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply) Do I really need to reinstall it to fix it??WomboCombo3 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 avout the patch Hello there i am one of the sc2 player in US server called ablaze character code919 I reallly wanna issue u to this annoying bug (trouble) i am having. there are 2 troubles i want to tell u firstly i cant access to my clan chat room because i am apparently already in the server secondly i cant type korean in the lobby but caan write in the game perfectly fine. Please fix this problem for me i have to get in to my clan server which is 시나브로 and it is what the chat room is called plz reply Ablaze0 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Unit portrait frame rates slowed. Ever since patch 1.3 I noticed that the unit portraits frame rates seem to have slowed down for me. I'm not sure why, they ran perfectly fine before the patch with the same settings on. Anyone help out there for me?Gambino1 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Frame rate drop on certain maps I'm remaking this post since my last got real cluttered when I was trying to figure out the problem. I don't know how to fix this but I do know the cause, and I very much believe this is a bug even though my original post was moved here to tech support. Note that I didn't have this problem before the patch, even on maps that have been around for a while. Problem: On certain maps, when i change my viewpoint from the starting location centered on my main building, my frame rate drops drastically, most of the time to around 15 fps. Cause: After testing for a while, I determined that this occurs when the Terrain setting in the graphics options menu is set to high or ultra. I've closed all background programs, and have messed with a lot of other settings, but this is the only influence I could find. List of bugging maps that I've found Shakuras Plateau Tal'Darim Altar Monlyth Ridge Cinder Fortress The Shattered Temple Monsoon There is most likely others that I haven't tested. - Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_ldr.101026-1502) - Processor Info: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 840 @ 1.87GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.9GHz - Ram Info: 8192MB RAM - Direct X Version: DirectX 11 - Card Name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 (Crossfire) - Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc. - Chip Type: ATI display adapter (0x68A0) - Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2BE0-11CF-8977-3024BEC2C535} - Vendor ID: 0x1002 - Device ID: 0x68A0 - Display Memory: 716 MB - Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) - Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz) - Driver Version: 8.763.0.0 - Driver Date/Size: 8/10/2010 03:51:56, 598528 bytes Speculation: These maps were altered in some way with the advent of the new patch, and my system is incompatible with the alterations. Now, I can still play fine with Terrain set to medium or low, but I'd still like this problem to be addressed and either helped if it's purely on my end, or rectified if it's an actual bug. I do believe this is a bug, and I don't expect it to go away, and am worried that this problem will reoccur or get worse as new maps in the future are added. Thank you for your time.Shard2 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Chat Channel Bug! Help! I cannot connect to chat channels it is bugged! I tried everything! Even the shut off modem for 5 minutes then DNS flush. Nothing works! If anybody know how to fix this please tell me. What happened is the achievement disconnect box popped up and then the chat channel that I was in just vanished and I can not reconnect to it. Thanks in advance!Blueblox0 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 Running low on paged pool memory. Got a fix? Hi, First of all, Blizzard is amazing and I love all of their games. Huge fan. Now, onto my issue... I run Ulta everything to get the best graphics, and for the first hour or so, everything runs well. After about an hour or a few missions, I get an error message saying that I'm running low on paged pool memory and that I should lower my graphics to increase performance. So far, no major issues had risen from that... only one freeze on a cinematic. (But... that's because I just kept everything on Ultra). Below are my system specs, let me know if I can fix it, or just have to deal with lower graphics: XP OS (Can't stand Vista....) AMD Athlon 7750 Dual-Core 2.71 GHz 3.25GB of RAM (4GB... but you know, XP is like that) ATI FirePro V3750 (FireGL) (Yeah.. I know... a workstation card?Well, this is a workstation). So, I am not that savvy when it comes to opting the system, so the only thing I could think of doing is changing Virtual Memory's paging file size to 4000-6000 on C drive and 8000-14000 on D drive. I don't even know if this "fix" is even related to the issue. Let me know if one of you has a solution. Thanks. -BKRusskiy3 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 What is holding me back? Let me begin by saying I read the computer maintenance sticky, and have confirmed that my chip-set and video card drivers are up to date. Issue: My computer lags (described blow) on the lowest graphics settings, even though my system slightly exceeds the minimum requirements. I know my computer is old, but I don't think smooth performance on the lowest settings is too much to ask. Especially since Starcraft recommends I set higher graphics settings in every category. Here is when I notice lag (all settings on lowest or off): 1v1- in larger battles, frame rate drops to what is probably <10fps 2v2- just about any battle causes low fps, large battles are especially bad 3v3- just about unplayable, even when there are no battles, as the population climbs it gets laggy 4v4- not even going to try :( Note: In 1v1 and 2v2 as soon as some units die, things start to clear up. When the game begins, and its just command centers and SCV's I usually get about 52fps. Computer Specs: (I know its crappy, but its above minimum!) Dimension 5100 -Windows 7 32-bit -Pentium 4 @ 3.0GHz with Hyper Threadding -2GB PC2-4300 Dual Channel RAM -XFX Radeon HD 4670 (This card is >or= Nvidia 7950GT) -Intel i945P Motherboard -750w Coursier PS It's probably not a driver issue, because on less graphically intense games (like AoE) everything runs just fine. I considered adding more RAM, but I wasn't sure it would do much since I'm only trying to play on the lowest settings and 2GB is above minimum. I know my processor is a single core 32-bit, but again Blizzard minimum is 2.4GHz single. I have a feeling my video card is good enough, so I'm wondering if my motherboard is just too slow as far as communicating with the hardware? Any thoughts are appreciated. xFrenchBread6 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Terran Strategy chatroom is bugged So maybe it's just me, but it looks like all the channels in the Terran Strategy public chat are capping out at 5 people per channel. I'm not going crazy am I?GDK0 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 "Desync" error when trying to join a game I would've loved to have searched since I'm sure this has come up before, but I can't find a post search feature at all. Anyway, I'm a Windows 7 user and this morning I tried to play some SC2. Thing is, any time I try to connect to a game(ladder, FFA, UMS) I am immediately disconnected with a "Desync!" error and the button to go to the score screen. I've tried relogging, no luck, no idea where to start with fixing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated since this worked fine not 12 hours ago.AwfulPlayer2 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Found Player but cannot join in Ok this is rather stupid. Was just doing some regular ladder games, I queued up, a player was found but it just hanged there at player found. I did not join the game and if I clicked agin on find match, it rendered the previous game a "tie". I did this twice before getting ticked off because it did the same exact thing. Now I go back to match history, and those games have been turned into 2 losses... wtf?Whiteness1 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Can't check league/division since Patch 1.3 Hey-o! Having some problems with the interface since last patch, and it seems like others are too. Under my Leagues & Ladders tab, I can only see "1v1", and it says that I am "Not currently ranked in 1v1 League", but that's not the case. The 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 tabs don't exist -- I can't check any of my divisions or leagues since the last patch. Hoping for a quick-fix! :DtQState9 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 cheat code effect problem . plz any 1 reply first i want to know what is the reason when i enter the official blizzard cheat "hanshotfirst" i didnt get infinite energy . its wierd beacause when i bought the game like 1 month and a half ago that part of the cheat code worked and now he doesnt work anymmore . why . and i have saw that the cheat moredotsmoredots give the infinite energy . so what the hellZerkas1 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Light Glitch There are lazer like lights continuously flashing off my scvs and get worse as a game progresses. A friend sugested updating the driver for my gpu. Did that, but it is still happening. Anyone help? system specifications: hp envy 14 beats edition windows 7 ati mobility radeon hd 5650 with switchable graphics intel HD graphics 6 gb ram intel core i5Klipsich1 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 26, 2011 I couldn't get certain achievements I noticed that on the patch 1.3.0 they fixed a bug that allowed players to receive the campaign "hard" and "brutal" achievements. I had played through the campaign on hard and did not receive the corresponding "campaign hard" achievements, I believe it was pretty much at the 15 count and on up, I'm not 100% certain though. So if the bug is fixed how would I go about receiving my achievements now? Cause I tried replaying and beating the levels before the patch and I still received no achievement =P Thank you!Azndude2 Mar 26, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Keep having lag spikes after updating to 1.3~ As some other problem I've reported here, this problem didn't exist for me at all back from beta age to 1.2.2. Yet, after I updated my client to 1.3 this morning, I keep getting lag spikes throughout the entire game. With some experiments done, I am certain that this is no internet-related issue, because the spikes still persist(a lot) even in Single-Player matches. This lag spike doesn't occur in login screen, MENU, and campaign cinematics, I'm also playing WoW and don't bump into a spike at all, but it will happen under all other situations in StarCraft II. So this is a StarCraft II, patch 1.3 related issue. My hardwares are as follow: Operating System: Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) CPU Type: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz CPU Speed (GHz): 2.82 System Memory (GB): 3.24 Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 Video Card Driver: nvd3dum.dll Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 Hard Disk Size (GB): 348.57 Hard Disk Free Space (GB): 290.27 Please help me.Ferik3 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Unable to download 1.3 The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x8DA0B2B0F9B4E1B496D94F4F2BC68410, actual 0x5324D310EE5172782988339058DF9CB7.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply) That's my error, I'v yet to try uninstalling/reinstalling Starcraft(I'll do that right away and post again if it works) but every time I try to play the patch downloads to 71% then stops. Any suggestions if uninstalling doesn't work?AsmodeuS2 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Patch Issues I've been looking on the forums, and I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem. I was told to first delete the patches, run check disk, and then repair and run it. It didn't work. Everytime I try to patch sc2 it gets to 91% and then says.... "The patch "base\Campaigns\Liberty.SC2Campaign\Base.SC2Assets\Assets\Doodads\AvernusGasRefineryDoodad\AvernusGasRefineryDoodad.m3" could not be applied." I've seen other similar problems, except for the "Doodads" part. Any help?slick1 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Want to avoid downloading SC2 again when i bought SC2 i got the digital download and it took me almost 20 hours to download/patch it. i want to put sc2 on my other computer and i was wondering if there is a way to copy the files over or do i have to download it again?Darthbob1 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Graphical glitches (scv lasers, explosions) I've already tried the fix in the sticky and it worked for a little while, but afterwards, it just comes back. I'm not sure what else I can do to try and fix it. Laptop Specs: ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 HD Intel i5 M 450 2.40Ghz 6GB DDR3 RAM A thing to note about my laptop is that since it's using an Intel chipset with integrated Intel HD Graphics, and a dedicated ATI Graphics card, I am forced to use the drivers from the manufacturer website (which in this case is HP).Joawro5 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Is Battle Net Down I just updated the new patch and it wont let me logon and play multiplayer. Is Battle Net Down right now is there maintenence. I know its not my account as i tried both of my accounts and my friends account and none of them workTheJoKeR17 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 Absolutely Bizarre Okay, so I'm having what is probably the most bizarre computer issue I've ever faced with Starcraft II. I should note that, for most of the part, my computer runs Starcraft 2 flawlessly with graphics set on medium-high. It might slow down a little bit if there's a lot of activity, like in the final mission in the campaign. The game is quite beautifully programmed. The issue is that my computer will randomly shut down while playing Starcraft 2. Like, completely powers down in an instant. As if I had just outright unplugged the machine. Sometimes, if it happens a couple of times in succession, I'm unable to turn my computer back on at all, as if the machine was completely fried, but it seems to recover after a while. Also, it seems more likely to happen if I was running the computer for a while before loading SC2, which would lead me to think it's a heat issue, probably with the processor since it can happen in a loading screen where the graphics card isn't working very hard. Anyway, that's not the bizarre part. The bizarre part is this: there is one other game that has this effect on my computer: the original Starcraft. After playing Starcraft II I realized that I don't necessarily suck at RTS games and so I went back to attempt the original SC campaign without cheating. I was plowing through the missions with relatively little difficulty (I never imagined how easy the original SC campaign actually was), until I got to the last zerg mission which turned out to be unplayable because my computer would shut down too frequently. It does seem to happen more often in the final missions in the campaigns, indicating that my computer might die because it was working too hard. In fact, this issue wasn't nearly as bad in the final mission of Starcraft II on hard difficulty as it was on the final zerg mission in the original Starcraft campaign. For some inextricable reason, my computer was having more difficulty with Starcraft than it was with Starcraft II. Seriously. Starcraft? The original Starcraft? Causing my computer to crash due to too much activity? Please. Are there any explanations for this? I'm a student in electrical and computer engineering with fairly extensive experience in programming, but this completely baffles me. Please tell me there's a quick and easy fix, like some Windows issue or something, because it's starting to get very annoying.AlCapwn6 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 change of Server hello, I am in the North American server I want to be in the Latin American server What should I do? With whom do I have to contact me? thanks Leyend0 Mar 25, 2011
Mar 25, 2011 how to switch my sc2 to the europe service how to switch my sc2 from US to the europe service. after update 1.3.0KevinRipper0 Mar 25, 2011