Technical Support

Mar 5, 2011 WHY HAS THIS UPDATE FAILED ON MYCOMP? its ∞ mine is just ∞ updating ?! OMFGadeedoor8 Mar 5, 2011
Mar 5, 2011 Desync with custom games? Some custom games desync like Notd and Island Defence (dev version). When it is finished loading, it pops up with a box with the words desync. Qm and everything else works why not custom games? Is something wrong with my computer or my account. Please help.Nostromo1 Mar 5, 2011
Mar 5, 2011 Account issue Is there away I can take starcraft off this battle.net Account and put it on my new one I use Cuz I don't use this account all that much and I would much rather have it on my new battle.net accountPyro0 Mar 5, 2011
Mar 5, 2011 Hard crashing problem Since the most recent update (1.2.2.17811) I've experienced crashes in around 80% of my games. Crash description: The screen shows a static random color (sometimes colors) and I hear looping screechy or scratchy sound. At this point the computer is unresponsive and I have to hard power-off. -No crash log is created in 'Documents/StarCraft2/GameLogs/' -I've run ScanDisk and no errors were found System info: Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. System Model: Inspiron 1464 BIOS: Ver 1.00 BIOS A01 PARTTBL Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM Available OS Memory: 3892MB RAM Page File: 4051MB used, 3731MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Manufacturer: Intel Corporation Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i5) DAC type: Internal Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_04341028&REV_12 Display Memory: 1696 MB Dedicated Memory: 64 MB Shared Memory: 1632 MB Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: unknown Monitor Id: LGD018B Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.973Hz) Output Type: Internal Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32 Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2104 (English) Driver Version: 8.15.10.2104 stratman3 Mar 5, 2011
Mar 5, 2011 Experiencing Periodic Lag At Random Points. Throughout the day, I will lag every once in a while, very heavily, to the point where the game is unplayable. I have 8 mbits of speed on my internet, and I play with a wired connection, shared with 3 wireless users. I do not know what is causing my lag, but I have noticed that sometimes, when I'm lagging and my brother is away doing something else, if I go on his computer and close some of his windows (on FireFox, Youtube), it stops my lag. I have also noticed I do not experience lag at the late (1 o'clock on EST) hours to around the time my brother wakes up (10 o'clock EST). Can anyone help me as to what I should do to stop the lag?Cellist5 Mar 5, 2011
Mar 5, 2011 Game shutting down with no error message Recently starcraft has been shutting down right in the middle of my games. It only happens once or maybe twice at most per night when I play for a few hours at a time. There are no error messages or blue screens, the game just freezes for a second then closes and I am stuck staring at windows with no visible slowdown in my graphics capability or my cpu. Has anyone else experienced this or had any luck resolving it?Cheesebeard3 Mar 5, 2011
Mar 5, 2011 Ladder games not showing up in Match History I have been noticing that many of my games won't show up in my match history. I have a hard time remembering what my score/points was to see if those were missed as well. I have heard of this issue before but could not find any info searching the forums or FAQ. Should I even worry about this? Or dose it just not list them sometimes but still changes my stats and points? There has been at least 4 times of this happening to me in the last ~2 days. All wins as well. I would love some clarification :P *** I had another post for this but it was answered incorrectly. I was hoping for some clarification on if these matches are lost, or just not listed. I already mentioned this is a known issue.gregnog7 Mar 5, 2011
Mar 5, 2011 Fix you B.net, Blizzard! I got 'Waiting for Server' with the only option to surrender 4 games out of five! My internet connection is stable. no other programs are running. I got downranked as if I lost four games! This is plain stupid!hysteresis0 Mar 5, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 FullScreen Windowed No Ground texture Hello all-- When I play fullscreen, I"ve got no problems, however if I go to windowed fullscreen, the ground is totally missing. I see units, trees and such and can move around but no ground. I've reinstalled, and downloaded the client then reinstalled, nothing fixes that. Any tips?Eddington3 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 Portrait and Achievement Question So I have been trying to get my protoss Team 500 and Mohander portrait (which I think is the coolest, only one I want). So yesterday, I finally got over 500 wins..... no achievement. Today I have several more wins putting me at 504 TEAM LEAGUE wins........ no achievement or portrait. So my question is what is going on? Or how do I fix this/what am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.Johric3 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 Matchmaking Problem? I dont know if im only one experiencing this problem but I didnt really see another thread on it. The problem is when I enter into a matchmaking game it will show my opponent as favored or slightly favored and then when I when it will only give me like 1 point and say I was favored... Is this normal?templar0 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 can't launch game the launcher would pop up for 1 sec and disappear, can't press play already reinstalled, same thing anyone helpJaliy3 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 My Campaign feels rolledback Everything was fine until today, I got on to the campaign and I do not see myself on Char (I just needed to do the last mission to complete it). I had like 20 missions completed on Brutal, but now I see like almost none of them done on Brutal. Not sure what happened =x.Fate2 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 My FPS Makes No Sense Hello! I have a problem with performance and I'm stumped as to why this is happening: I used to play SC2 on a desktop that had 4 Gigs of RAM and ran the game with a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT video card, I could play on High settings and get a respectable FPS. I bought a new laptop with 6 Gigs of RAM and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 video card, which is in every way better and has about twice the video RAM (1024 Mbs) of the old card, and the best I can run the game is in Medium settings and the it doesn't go smoothly. I even checked my specs with system requirements lab and it said that I surpassed the recommended settings, I have no idea why I'm not getting the ideal performance from my pc. Please let me know if I need to post more specs, I wouldn't be surprised. Thanks for your time.SteelShade3 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 FPS problem Ok so heres the deal.. I haven't played sc 2 in a bout 4-5 days. When i run SC 2 im downloading a patch so im waiting and what ever and its done. I play a 2v2 with a friend and the first 5 mins is good .. Now ever since i had SC 2 i run everything on low and have a good decent 70 FPS maybe 40 in battle. Ever since this patch atfer the first 5 minutes of any game .. 1v1 against AI FFA 2v2 ANYTHING it would completely lag and i would run 1-5 fps in menus and in-game.. Any help?RINO5 Mar 4, 2011
Dec 12, 2012 Razer Mouse Crashing Issue Hello everyone! While using the Razer SC2 mouse (the cool glowing one) on a macbook pro, I was playing a game, and the mouse suddenly stopped working. Figuring no big deal, I unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in, and the game crashed. I figured it coincidence until it happened again just now. Is this a known issue, and is it solvable? I would really like to not crash. Thanks!HRSA6 Dec 12, 2012
Mar 4, 2011 2.1.2.2159 patch issues When the new patch came up my launcher is having the strangest issues. Before I posted this I went into several methods to fix the problem. When the launcher starts it does nothing and downloads nothing. To better describe my issue over the launcher, here is a screen shot of it fully pulled up and idle after 5 mins of use. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/link25/Capture.jpg I waited for a bit and none of the buttons seem to work - I went into safe mode and launched the game and nothing. -I reinstalled the game X 3 -I turned off both Microsoft Firewall and my Anti-Virus Avast! off and tried to launch. -I went into a system restore. None of my other games, including World of Warcraft, are having the issues to just simply up load and get the new patch. I also checked if my router is to blame and I did not find that an issue. The issues I have is with my desktop with Windows 7. My vista Laptop had no issues into downloading and launching the game. Is there a method to install the patch manually? Or is there a known issue or problem I am overlooking?Kutharos11 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 16, 2011 Health Bar toggle button Just wondering if its possible to have health bars toggled off and on with the alt key rather than holding the alt key to have the bars displayed. I cannot play with the health bars on especially against zerg since it gets all clustered for my liking and cannot pick up units when lings are swarming all over them. Just a suggstion.MViRiDiS9 Mar 16, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 Need help with uninstalling.. My sc2 started having little graphic mini-freeze consistantly, I did sc2 repair and that did not help. So I decide to uninstall and re-install again to see if it would help. When I try to re-install back to the same directory, it tells me theres an error because of this StarCraft II.exe.4a545fab.Trash file cannot be deleted. How do you solve these type of problems?AlaRm1 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 Game keeps crashing I got the game on sunday and started playing and had no problems until Tuesday afternoon. I closed out of the game just fine but when I came back to play later there was an error. tried repair but it couldn't fix it and said to reinstall. Well I did and keep having it crash when the game loads. I've reinstalled the game probably 7-8 times in the last two days and still nothing. It's getting frustrating as I want to play the game but can't. Any help would be much appericatedMarlD5 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 Ladder gamesnot showing up in Match History I have been noticing that many of my games won't show up in my match history. I have a hard time remembering what my score/points was to see if those were missed as well. I have heard of this issue before but could not find any info searching the forums or FAQ. Should I even worry about this? Or dose it just not list them sometimes but still changes my stats and points? There has been at least 4 times of this happening to me in the last ~2 days. All wins as well. I would love some clarification :P gregnog5 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 Bug: Scrolling glitch Hi I am suffering from a scrolling glitch after updating graphics card drivers in full screen mode. Using Catalyst drivers 11.02 with a 4870x2 if you scroll to the very right of the screen then scroll directly up the game frames jump, smoothness while scrolling is lost. It doesn't matter what video settings are set, all are effected, including having reduce mouse lag on or off. Is a thread about it here (some guy using an even older set of drivers). http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=188110 http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3899254&postcount=433 edit: Forgot to add, if you scroll to the left+up, left+down, or right+down the scrolling remains smooth.. The glitch only happens if you scroll directly right+up. edit2: lol.. well doing some research seems many people are suffering this across a large amount of games, so it isn't the sc2 engine causing this problem. guess i'll just roll back drivers... be nice if you could tell ATI to hurry up and fix the issue, I'm sure more blizzgamers soon will suffer this same problem not knowing what caused it. Samyaza2 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 Flickering black terrain I get all kinds of flickering black boxes all over the terrain and sometimes have dissapearing terrain effects (cosmetic decals on ramps, doodad wreckage, ect.) that makes the game difficult to enjoy. Settings are all at Ultra (though I've tried them at every possible setting combination I could think of and it still happens) and Drivers are up to date. Cutscenes play more or less fine with only minor "twitchy" textures on characters and a little bit of flicker on character models and interaction doodads between missions. Doesn't seem to affect game stability or preformance, but it's irritating as all hell to juggle my camera around just to see where the walkable terrain is (not to mention a potential photosensitive seizure source). I reported this issue back in Beta as well. Rather dissapointed it's still present at launch. OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit CPU: Intel i7 920 RAM: 6 GB GFX: nVidia 9800GT x2 in SLIGanthrinor5 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 SC2 and university internet I am having trouble playing multiplayer games on my schools internet. I have talked with I.T here and they have opened all ports necessary to play (6112, 1119, 1120). Any ladder or custom game fails to load. The multiplayer section of SC2 stays frozen on "player found." Anyone have a suggestion?Simo3 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 Network and Starcraft 2 I have a desktop, that I run Sc2 and it plays very smoothly. then I have a friend come by and he have a notebook, he have his Sc2 installed and ready to go, which he plays on his home, no problem, and we played together each on his own home. but when he came by and tryed my internet, he couldn't stay connected in the battle.net and kept d/c. we couldn't even start a game. I could stay up and all, but he couldn't in any way. if anyone can clarify what this means and what I can do about it, I'd be really glad. Thanks in advance.Spinon3 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 instant crashes on loading patcher i will get the whole "starcraft 2 is patching" dialogue (you know, the smaller one center screen with the sc2 logo) and then it will flash to the actual patcher which then immediately crashes. ive tried running the program as administrator, no different, ive also tried deleting the starcraft2.exe and running the repair program, still doesnt work. the patcher log just shows: #----------------------------------------------------------- # System started at 2011-03-03 21:04:06.5495 # system: DARWIN #----------------------------------------------------------- 21:04:06.5499 Launcher version 2.1.2.2105 21:04:07.9307 Failed while patching. Command was 'download sc2-2.x.x.x-2159-x86-Win-enUS-tools.torrent'. 21:04:07.9307 Failed to run Downloader from 'sc2-2.x.x.x-2159-x86-Win-enUS-tools-component-dl'. 21:04:07.9307 Unable to download update(s) from Battle.net. over and over. thank you in advance for any help!DiiVoX4 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 4, 2011 Video card keeps crashing during online play. This has recently become an issue when trying to play 1v1 matches. The game will start as normal, but within 3-4 minutes into the game, the screen goes black, then comes back on as a pink and white, blochy mess and I get an error saying "Your Nvidia card is not running properly" or some such message, then it tells me to reset my computer. But this only happens with Starcraft 2, every other game I have runs fine. I'm running Starcraft on the settings it gave me for my system, so I can't figure out what could be causing this to happen. I'm running an NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 2.67 gigahertz Intel Core2 DuoDyFortea6 Mar 4, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Blizzard updater Hi, I wanted to run SC2 and I saw there was an update. Cool! But when the update reaches 100%, it says the following: The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support\Blizzard Updater.exe" is read only and cannot be updated. I went to that file and I unchecked the read-only thing. Then I tried to run it as administrator but still it's the same problem. And I can't play without the patch installed. Anyone knows what is the problem? DCDarkie2 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 videocard sometimes works sometimes doesn't Hi- I'm running a radeon 4850 series 1GBVRAM, 8GB DDR2, Core2Duo. Videocard is running Catalyst 8.801.0.0 but this occurs through several driver updates. 70% of the time, the game runs just fine, 50-70fps depending on what's going on. But the other 30% of the time, when I first start a new game, it's running at 10fps or lower, and it drops off dramatically. It's as if the game doesn't see my videocard and switches over to software rendering. I look over at everest and GPU Utilization is somewhere like 1-3% when it should be at 90%+ when running SC2 games. GPU temperature remains low too so it's definitely not clocking itself up to necessary speed. GPU Diode at system idle runs 126F. I've tried searching the internet for this issue but I can't seem to find anything that matches this.hobert0 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 VIDEO problem I ive just buy a good new video card and I instal all the thing i must instal like directX and all these things... but when i enter SC2 they suggest me again LOW graphique like my old video card...its like my SC2 dont recognize my new video card...and becuz of that when im playing in a game in high or even ultra graphique video, they send me a message that they automaticly changed my graphique option... but i dont even got LAG when im playing and its all good but they lower my graphique ?????? should I reinstal my SC2 ?Alex2 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Fixed my FPS drop by about 50% (read) I think i fixed a FPS drop and performance drop I had going in SC2 I turned off MSE Microsoft Security essentials.. BUT.. I also personalized my computer, by changing dwm.exe which is a program that runs in Vista and Windows 7 , that uses about 20k memory so your Desktop can look pretty with transparent bars etc... by right clicking on the desktop and going personalize, I changed my windows theme to Windows 7 classic, that reduced the dwm.exe from 20,000 memory usage to 500, and after i did those 2 things, my FPS wen from 15fps playing Dota to 40fps playing dota.. and between 40FPS to 65FPS playing 3v3,, and that used to be 20FPS give it a try and see if it helps you guysHyperblast0 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Game stuttering This has happened once after a patch came out and lasted about a week and now its back. Basically the game stutters and repeats itself. every 20-30 seconds the game freezes for about 4 seconds then plays everything that happened in just 1 second and then resumes normal play. At the same time my FPS overall went from 20+ to <5 and in battles it turns into seconds per frame.Blardy0 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 There are WOW trials on my battle.net account How can I get rid of them? I tried posting this on the WOW forum but it said the game license has expired or been frozen. Can a tech support be a pal and delete the four trials that are on my account? Thanks a bunch...Tyler5 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 updater not working I downloaded a windows client for a new laptop and as the updater was running as soon as it reached 100% it instantly went back to 0 and start running again, and it will not let me start the game. help plox? tyspeezy1 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Achievement disable achievement have been disable then seconds later, achievements have been restored i can finish a game properly without disconnecting, although during in the middle of the game, i got kicked out of the server and reconnected but im still in a game, still facing another online player On the main screen i keep on disconnecting every 30 seconds on starcraft. However on other online games, i never have an issue with disconnection.PsionicStorm1 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 HWmonitor When your done installing it is it supposed to only show one thing? Or is it scanning in progress?CloroxWipes1 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Facebook Where/How do I enable the Facebook friends integration feature? It is greyed out in the options menu...JAGX6 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Constant Disconnects! blue plz! Like clockwork, I will get disconnected during every online game on battle.net. A few minutes into the multiplayer game, I will get an in-game message saying "You were dropped" and then it goes to the score screen, and it says "You have left the game! Error: Unable to load score screen". I do not have the option to attempt to reconnect to that game at all. This problem has never happened during singleplayer, nor when I play offline vs 1 or more AI opponents. My internet connection is a reliable wired connection. I experience this problem even when connecting my computer directly to my Shaw high speed Motorola SB5102 modem. A few months ago, I moved, and when I did, I had to give Shaw back their modem. The place I moved into uses Shaw also, with the same model of modem. This problem happens during all times of day. Connecting during a different time of day does not yeild any better results. As Blizzard has suggested, I took my PC to a repair shop called Kube Computers and had them completely uninstall windows, throw out my old hard drive, install a brand new hard drive, reinstall Windows 7 fresh, scan everything for viruses, and I had them install an industry leading antivirus software, Internet Security 2011, on my machine. I then contacted Norton and did a live chat with them and they remotely took over control of my computer and helped to triple check that my firewall settings were 100% correctly set up for playing Starcraft 2, as defined by the official Blizzard support pages regarding firewalls and ports for firewalls. I downloaded the portfoward utilities and configured the Apple Airport Extreme router as best I could to allow port forwarding. ( http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/StarCraft_II.htm ). Unfortunately, The AirPortExtreme will not allow you to forward enough ports, to run StarCraft II Downloader. :( http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Apple/AirPortExtreme/StarCraft_II_Downloader.htm That said, I was fairly confident that not having the downloader ports forwarded wouldn't prevent me from playing online, since once I have downloaded the game client fully, it would not be downloading anything else while I was playing the game itself during an online match. According to Windows device manager all of my devices and my video card drivers are up to date. Tracert attempt 1 of 2: Tracing route to us.logon.battle.net [12.129.206.130] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.1.1 2 * * * Request timed out. 3 10 ms 12 ms 10 ms 64.59.152.146 4 25 ms 9 ms 12 ms rc2wh-tge0-15-0-0.vc.shawcable.net [66.163.69.173] 5 26 ms 14 ms 13 ms rc4wt-pos15-0-0.wa.shawcable.net [66.163.76.210] 6 14 ms 27 ms 12 ms xe-4-1.r01.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [198.104.202.9] 7 18 ms 14 ms 13 ms 192.205.35.29 8 88 ms 87 ms 90 ms cr1.st6wa.ip.att.net [12.122.146.46] 9 57 ms 46 ms 54 ms cr2.sffca.ip.att.net [12.122.31.194] 10 87 ms 88 ms 89 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.31.133] 11 120 ms 84 ms 97 ms cr84.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.123.30.249] 12 43 ms 48 ms 45 ms gar5.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.25] 13 89 ms 87 ms 101 ms 12.122.255.74 14 108 ms 86 ms 85 ms 12.129.193.246 15 12.129.211.38 reports: Destination net unreachable. Trace complete. Tracert attempt 2 of 2: Tracing route to us.logon.battle.net [12.129.206.130] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.1.1 2 * * * Request timed out. 3 9 ms 10 ms 9 ms gw30cd.vc.shawcable.net [64.59.152.146] 4 21 ms 9 ms 9 ms rc2wh-tge0-15-0-0.vc.shawcable.net [66.163.69.173] 5 14 ms 15 ms 14 ms rc4wt-pos15-0-0.wa.shawcable.net [66.163.76.210] 6 14 ms 24 ms 12 ms xe-4-1.r01.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [198.104.202.9] 7 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms 192.205.35.29 8 87 ms 87 ms 86 ms cr1.st6wa.ip.att.net [12.122.146.46] 9 44 ms 45 ms 47 ms cr2.sffca.ip.att.net [12.122.31.194] 10 104 ms 88 ms 87 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.31.133] 11 85 ms 95 ms 87 ms cr84.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.123.30.249] 12 45 ms 44 ms 43 ms gar5.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.25] 13 86 ms 86 ms 90 ms 12.122.255.74 14 83 ms 84 ms 86 ms 12.129.193.246 15 12.129.211.38 reports: Destination net unreachable. Trace complete. Below you will find my system dxdiag. Loren6 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Internet Help I know that this isn't the right place for this, but sc2 people are usually tech savy and could point me in the right direction. I live in Boston and i have RCN cable/internet service. I have been having problems with internet and cable. I have called RCN and they have practically replaced every wire in the house and going to the street, in fact it hasn't been 15 minutes since the repair man left...and the problems return. I asked him before he left if the problems return what would you think the problem is, he said that there isn't anything the house that is causing a problem. The problems is that we are getting a low/dropped signal especially during peak hours. So the internet is fast and works when it works, during the morning every 30min-1hour the modem stalls restarts (the cable light starts blinking) and then my apple router restarts, and i am good until it happens again (conveniently it takes under a minute to fix itself so i don't get dropped min game) Around 3:30-5pm it happen every 15 minutes. At around 5pm-10:30 the internet is basically unusable, I can load a new webpage once every 15 mins, and i cant get Videos on Demand via my Tivo. Around 10:30-12pm it begins to return to 30min-1hour, and then past then i only happens about once every 2hours until the next morning. So what should I do. I live in an upstairs apartment from a dentist office, they use verizion. Should i pull the plug on RCN if the problems return, it isnt 'peak' hours yet and i don't know if because my Tivo is trying to Download a bunch because it has basically been starved of internet for a month or just the same old same old. And if i do decide to pull the plug, would comcast be the same deal or is there something better? Edit: my modem is a scientific atlanta, and my router is an airport extreme would those cause a problem together with the internet?Hoffman0 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Incredible amounts of lag. For the past couple days, playing Starcraft 2 has been incredibly painful. There's so much lag I can't even begin to explain. I can barely log on. It continues to disconnect me from battle.net, saying that battle.net servers are unavailable. I can't even use the menus, I barely get in to be able to play single player and get achievements. Problem is, I already know it's not my firewall, nothing is blocking the game. (that i'm aware of anyways) My web pages and WoW run fine, no latency issues whatsoever. So what gives? Why is StarCraft 2 lagging so much?Blackout1 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Massive drop of fps because of overheat? My fps in starcraft2 was 35-40ish and never lagged, I have a ATI Radeon 4650 card. Now my fps is a little 10-13 fps whenever I play a custom game like SOTIS, and it made me cry. This happened when my computer shut itself down because of overheating, and because of my dumbness, I kept turning it back on thinking it was something else. So after 3 times, I finally came to the common sense that something was wrong with the inside, and sure enough, there was a wall of dust blocking my heatsink. I cleaned it out, now my computer is fine, silent and fine. It's just now my fps in all games (except for WoW) has dropped massively. Is this a problem with my video card? That's the only problem I think is happening, because everything else is fine. CloroxWipes3 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Freezing...Win XP/Nvidia...Help. Just recently my machine has started freezing during game play...each event preceded by my graphics going wacky. By wacky I mean fuzzy, screen tearing, bizarre colors...and then I'm frozen and have to hard reboot. The last time it happened was the only time I've seen any error message and it was that the "nv4_display driver has stopped working" and that I need to reboot my machine :(. Help. I run Windows XP, 2 GB RAM, 2 NVidia GeForce 8800 GTX Cards w/ SLI with the latest drivers (266.58), and have not had any problem with SC2 like this until very recently.Chorizo6 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Missing unit skills picture and upgrade icons Hi everyone, I did a quick search on the technical support section.. wasn't sure what I was looking for and did not see it on the stickies. I'm basically missing a few pictures/images on my units since the last patch. For instance, stim pack icon does not show (a gray icon is displayed instead) but shows the description when you have the cursor over it. How would I fix this? Same issue when I'm playing campaign and look over an icon in the armor going for an upgrade. I'm so so sorry if this is repeated, its been bugging me for weeks and I want to fix this. Thanks for reading!Ray4 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Nasty FPS swings and High CPU usage Specs Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit Intel Core Duo E7400 2.8ghz 4GB Ram (i think its DDR2-3) ATI Radeon HD 4850 I get around 63 FPS when running smooth.. then from time to time i get like 4 FPS spikes even when there is nothing on the screen. it works the same weather there is alot on the screen or nothing on the screen also my CPU usage spikes from liek 40% to 90% during the FPS loss any tips or ideas?Hyperblast2 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Scam email from "Blizzard regarding WOW? First off let me say I do not own World of Warcraft. Over the last 3-4 months though I have received a ton of emails regarding WOW all of which I believe are spam from someone that is fishing and trying to look like Blizzard. I have attached the email below, if an admin or dev can assure me this isn't a blizzard email tha would be great as I don't want to get my accont suspended but I also definitely don't want to click on a link to make sure my non-existent WoW account isn't compromised. ============================== Greetings! Recently, the problem of account invasion is getting worse and worse which cause enormous player's equipments and virtual currency stolen. This severely damages the benefits of mass players, also causes our company lose a lot of customers. Our company has to adopt some measures to safeguard our common benefits in order to strengthen the safety of mass players'accounts, and firmly resist the account to be stolen again.Through our company's research and investigation to xxx customers,we will make the following decisions: we launch a package of updated Battle.net Mobile Authenticator and dynamic code protection card which can effectively prevent the accounts invaded. We will send this package of code protection system to players free of charge. Please open this connection: http://itunes.apple.com/app/battle-net-mobile-authenticator/id306862897?mt=8 If your account passes the check successfully, we will send this package of dynamic Battle.net Mobile Authenticator to you in the form of e-mail. In 3 days after you receiving the e-mail, if you don't submit your information, we have right to freeze your account, every player is obligated to protect the safety of the account. You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all the behaviors of destroying games. If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification. Regards, The World of Warcraft Support Team Blizzard Entertainment =============================== So is this a bunch of crap or what?ElyasMachera2 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Facebook Where/How do I enable the Facebook friends integration feature? It is greyed out in the options menu...JAGX0 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Are there any fixes to "Waiting for Sever"? Or at least soon? Every single game I play has come up with this since the patch. Quite disappointing. Just wondering if there is a fix coming soon?Rayad6 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Since patch games not getting counted Since the last patch I've noticed at least 5 games (3 in last 2 days for sure) that are not being recorded in the game history and the ponits aren't counting in the ladder. Mostly 4v4 quickmatches have been getting dropped! Please check it out.HoBgADling1 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Game Crashes. I don't know if it's because my system is overheating or not (my desktop already has an external cooling fan in addition to the fan from the power supply) but what happens is that in a game (which is annoying because I'm usually in a huge lead and about to go in for the kill), everything just crashes. My system is still running but I can't do anything on the screen. Starcraft just freezes and I cannot move anything, ctrl-alt-del doesn't work, and I'm forced to reboot my computer and receive a loss (I should be out at 70-30 not 49-52 right now). Is this due to overheating or is it because something's wrong with my Starcraft file?LolitsPing3 Mar 3, 2011
Mar 3, 2011 Editor shows missing string with no doc open I'm getting a messages about every 30 seconds saying Warning: Missing string: And that's it, no more info than that. This message shows up constantly even when there is no document open. EDIT: I seem to have only have the issue when the terrain module is open.Draken5 Mar 3, 2011