Technical Support

Sep 20, 2010 F9-F11 Keys are double-mapped w/ grid hotkeys When using the grid hotkey layout, the F9-F11 hotkeys are used for both the menus in the top lef, as well as assigning/recalling camera save locations.Kalrax2 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Fixed my crash on start I had an issue where the game would crash on start, and I believe I know what I did to fix it. After changing my hardware and update to beta drivers, I enabled a kernal debugging mode to prevent Windows from having any issue with the unsigned drivers. I believe this is what gave me trouble. The game didn't report any issues because it would immediately hard lock my computer, but another game did pop a message about it. To disable it, which it should be by default, create a shortcut to cmd.exe on your desktop, and run it with administrator privlidges/permissions. Enter the command bcdedit -debug off, and then restart. Hopefully, that works for others, as well.George1 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Change Account in Battle.net Forums I have 2 accounts, 1 in LA and one in NA both of them with the same e-mail, how can i select or change the account here on the forums?Asgard4 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Missing voices in challanges periodically throughout the campaign, there would be show a communication from a various race, but not audio from them. Now in challenge mode whenever I start a round I see the comm. but there is never a voice for it. other sounds seem to be working, its just these that seem missing. It's not a big issue, but more of a quality of life thing. I couldn't find any other threads on this so I started one. Any suggestions to possibly get this going would be great!Yohan0 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Getting ready to take it back to the store. My thread titled "Intro movie performance issues" went essentially ignored, so I thought this one would grab people's attention. My machine meets, and exceeds the minimum requirements to play SC2, has all the latest drivers for audio, video and motherboard, latest windows updates, latest v. of DX, etc. ...Yet the cinematic scenes (e.g. Opening Intro movie) run like complete garbage on my machine; You can "count" each frame, sort of thing. After 20 secs of this, I have no choice but to esc. out of it because the FPS is basically a slide show at that point and the audio starts to skip and make annoying sounds. Now you're probably wondering how the gameplay is? It's very playable at a mix of medium and high settings. The 3D rendered scenes with Reynor play very smoothly, actually. P4 3.0ghz 1GB Radeon HD 4650 AGP 3GB DDR XP Service Pack 3 320GB SATA Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Sorry to be unprofessional, but what the hell? Jeff2 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 games not even showing up/being recorded.. have seen a few times the game doesn't even show up in the replay or matches area that i just played, and it like it never happened, and this would of been one the games we won..dissapointing , don't wanna hear none that server lag bologny either!Lewtjdam0 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 fps cap command? Is there a command that i can put so my fps stops at 60 i run on ultra my card gets around 64degrees C pumping at 70-80 fps just wana give it a little less stressSugaShane1 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Level of Performance I'm currently playing on a laptop and i'm thinking of putting some money into a desktop. I did a bit of research today on hardware and this is what i've come up with in order to meet my budget. Phenom II x4 945 @ 3GHz NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 1GB PCI express 2.0 4GB Ram Windows 7 My question is how will this run SC2 and what kind of settings will i be able to play on? My budget is about $600-$700 for a full PC, any suggestions about these specs would be appreciated. also if you have any suggestions about any other hardware that would be great.LynX6 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 About graphics card I came up with two graphics card and I would like to know if both are enough to play sc2 normal settings or which one wouldn't be able to support it? Thank YouXtremeStyle0 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 22, 2010 How do I play LAN? My brother and I both have copies, how do we setup a lan game?StuBob20 Sep 22, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Ventrilo stops working while playing SC2? Title suggests it all, I run vent while playing games so i can talk with my buddies, but when and only when I'm playing SC2, vent kind of "stops working" for me. I can hear what my friends are saying...sometimes...it either is live or sometimes laggy but I am able to hear what their saying But I am unable to talk to them, I have a keybind setup for outbound and all of a sudden midgame I am unable to talk to them (sucks during team matchups) I'm hoping other people have had this issue and know a quick fix cuz im beyond upset at this point I can't use vent. And if this matters at all I'm using windows 7 64 bit I play in windows mode I run vent as administratorBahamut2 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Slowdown during SP mission dialogue only? I can run the game flawlessly in MP and SP, except when dialogue pops up during campaign missions. It hangs/lags whenever its trying to load the portraits that come up on screen. They do come up, but it is really annoying that it takes some seconds of freezing whenever dialogue is being loaded. Besides this issue, I can run the game on ultra with basically no slowdown. Any tips on fixing it? I can't seem to find anything anywhere regarding this issue.Coquiton0 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Will a 1055T perform better than a phenom 965 I have about 200 bucks to spend to upgrade to a better AM3 chip since i'm using an athlon II x4 635 atm. Will a 1055T give better performance due to turboboost?Xavian7 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 SC2 Game Crash and Video Card Recommendation I have been having my computer crash constantly and i have not been able to play starcraft 2 for four days now. I am on a NVIDIA Geforce 8600 video card, and would like to know what video card is reccommended and appears to have the least issues and runs the game smoothly at about medium to high graphics. This is some information about the crash that i posted in a previous forum but received no help for. Lately, my computer has been shutting itself down without any commands from me. I have been playing the game since it came out and had experienced no problems, but now it crashes whether i am in a multiplayer game, singleplayer game, or even in the menu. I cannot alt - tab out of the game when this happens nor find any way to close it other than a complete shutdown of my computer. The screen and mouse freeze where they are and the last 3 seconds of audio continues repeating. Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.100608-0458) Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz Memory: 2046MB RAM Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT CynicalRage6 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Single player cinematic problem Whenever I'm playing single player campaign mode the cinematics and the selection screens for the missions, laboratory, ect go black or I may see some of the still motion in the cinematic but when something moves it just leaves a black spot where it was before or where it moved over. I also have to play online and the rest of the game at the lowest graphic settings and all that so it looks pretty simple and lame. I'm just wondering where a website is I can run a test or something to tell me if I need a new graphics card or if it's just my computer being full of stuff and being really slow. I dont know much about computers so I'd appreciate some help, thanks. echo1 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Intro movie performance issues. I always look forward to the introduction Div-X style movies that are the staple of Blizzard games. But yesterday when I launched SC2 for the first time, to my disappointment the video was very laggy (able to count the frames, sort of thing) and about 30 seconds in to it the sound started to foul up as well, so I had no choice but to esc out of it and sigh. I decided to grin and bear it, and go ahead and try the campaign / gameplay. Interestingly, the fully rendered 3D scenes with Reynor & co. play very smoothly and the gameplay is...playable. Here's what i've tried to resolve this issue: Blizzard repair utility Reinstalled Sound card drivers Updated Video card driver (Catalyst 10.8) Updated motherboard driver Disabling Creative's EAX console that runs in the background Installed latest DivX codecs Defragmented HDD And last but not least, I am in the process of reinstalling the game right now. What if that doesn't work? Specs Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G / socket 478 P4 3.0 (stock clock) 3GB DDR1 Dual Channel Winblows XP SP3 Sound Blaster Audigy 4 AGP Radeon HD 4650 Catalyst 10.8 WD 320GB Sata (1) Lite-On DVD-ROM (Master) Pioneer DVD-RW (Slave) Onboard LAN 450W PSU Any ideas? Jeff5 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 always dropped from co-operative matches I have been able to play 1 vs 1 multiplayer without any issues. Every time I queue for a 2 vs 2ai cooperative match, I get disconnected from the game. what gives?Loren3 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Adding friends My account only lets me add character friends and won't let me type in email addresses to add people, anyone know how I can fix this?Finnthehero0 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Gaming notebook Hello, I am trying to buy a laptop that will play this game with decent graphics without spending a ton of money. Would either of these video cards be able to run the game well? NVIDIA GTS250M 1GB DDR3 VRAM Video or NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 1GB GDDR3 VRAM PCIe Video Thanks for any help!smackdown4 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Ladder ranking problem? Hi... just wondering if this happened to anyone. I'm playing 2v2 with one of my friend, we started when he got the game so he was not really good so we were ranked silver. He kept praticing and we became quite good... so now were winning and winning and winning... we've been playing top ranked diamond players for like the last 20-25 games and winning most of the time. Were getting points but not moving into another league just like if we were stuck in Silver. What does it take to change league because were clearly not in the good division... Or maybe bnet is a bit buggy? we have more than the double of points than the 2nd place http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/416139/1/Matebotterle/ladder/8947#current-rankMatebotterle0 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Mysterious "lag" after new psu and case Ok guys I have a major issue thats ruining the experience for me. I have heard of many people having lag issues even with great builds or after recently adding new hardware, no matter what the gfx settings are on. Here are my specs: 965 black 2x ati 4870 8g ddr2 750w antec psu antec 1200 case asus m4a7e So what happened was I upgraded from a 2.6ghz phenom2 to a 3.4ghz 965 blaxk and I could all of a sudden run any game style(3v3 mostly) without any sign of any sort of graphical interruption at all on ultra settings. I mean flawless. The difference was night and day. In this case the processor was the limiting factor. Well, I was running a xion 800w that crapped the bed during some of the hotter weather a couple of weeks ago. Not surprising. I then switched to the antec mentioned above in my current specs as well as the new antec case which runs super cool now. However, after the new psu, about halfway through the 3v3 battle, when people start gathering troops apperently, I start to get something I would not describe as lag but that ultimately ruins the experience. I would describe it as a "pulse": Fast, slower, fast, slower, fast, slower...etc. Very rythmic and quick. I set all my clocks to default and all the gfx settings on low, same thing. Tried reinstalling game and gfx drivers, nothing. On the other hand, crysis still runs flawless at 40 fps on ultra, modern warfare, same, tf2, of course, arkham asylum, no problem. Even movies and web browsing are faster smoother than before if anything. Nothing else is affected. What happened. I can play sc2 still but the pulsating is breaking my soul, what else can I try. Thanks fabreezy4 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 need help in my accounts help please! i recently purchased the collectors edition and i created a new battle.net account for this. Problem is, i installed the c.e. in a new pc assuming that i could log in using both my old battle.net account which is tied to a sc II standard edition and my new one which i just created. Is the problem bec the standard edition is for the asia region and the c.e. is for north america? I don't see anyway how i could change this in the account settings. I think its silly and a waste of disk space (and it doesn't work anyway) if i tried to install the standard edition on the new pc just so i could use my other account if it's basically the same game. All that's different is my login email right? helphelphelp!! juetenglord2 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Reinstalling Hey I recently installed sc2, finished campaign and have gotten pretty far. My dad got my long-awaited Windows 7 upgrade disk that basically wipes the data board and processer with win. 7. Will i be able to reinstall the game on it? Dweevil3 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Dropping frequently in team games Hi guys, When playing in team games I am constantly the last player to complete the loading screen and I would often drop soon after I have entered the game. I have only noticed this happening in team games and it's affecting my teammates scores. This problem seems like it's only happening with my machine as my housemates don't have this issue when playing the game on their computers. Does anyone else have this issue or some solutions? I'm running windows 7 professional on a 2009 macbook pro so I think it's using an Airport Extreme card (with n capabilities). Our wireless router is a linksys WRT300N v1.1 firmware version 1.51.2. Thanks Zakiir0 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Game crashing flickering freezing alright so I got the starcraft beta when it first came out was able to play utra settings no lag or anything like that ran perfect. I then got sc2 on launch I was able to play just fine no problems every so often in the single player I would get some flashing and what not during the cutscene's just had to turn off one of the settings and it was fine I think post processing or something.The game it's self still played just fine. I have recently done a clean install of windows 7 on my computer I was running 32 bit not switched to 64 so I could use all the ram that is in my computer. My comp itself seems to run fine untill I try to play starcraft now as soon as I boot it you can see little flashing squares all over the screen as it loads then once your at the main menu there is flashing and all sorts of random light and flickering and it will usually then freeze. anyone have any idea how I can fix this here is some random stuff showing what's in my computer. I do have the newest driver for my video card before some of you ask Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5800+ Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 Gaming graphics 3839 MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk 414GB Free (458GB Total) Windows 7 Home Premium System -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Manufacturer alienware Model Aurora R5 Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM System type 64-bit operating system Number of processor cores 2 Storage -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total size of hard disk(s) 458 GB Disk partition (C:) 414 GB Free (458 GB Total) Media drive (D:) CD/DVD Graphics -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 Total available graphics memory 3839 MB Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 1791 MB Display adapter driver version 8.741.0.0 Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080 DirectX version DirectX 10 Network -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Network Adapter D-Link DWA-552 XtremeN Desktop Adapter Network Adapter Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller FALCONPUNCH2 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 chinese connection hello i just moved to china from america for 5 years i am really hoping i can access battle.net some how. i thought i authorized the game on my laptop but it isnt. soo i am trying to get online the game but i have none such luck to access the battle.net is it blocked in china? if it is. will it be possible to authorize it some other way so i can still playoffline?uziair2 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Fps drop out of no where? please help ive been playing sc2 scene beta and when I got home from work ill play a game maybe 2 and out of no where my fps drops to about 10-15 instead of 75+ i didn't uninstall anything drivers are up to date i dont understand whats going on?? i think it sonly sc2 i open up wow and it plays ultra right after the fps drop on sc or mw2 ect AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Desktop Processor (Model: HDT55TFBGRBOX) ASUS AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX Motherboard (Model: M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) ASUS Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity (Model: EAH5830 DIRECTCU/2DIS/1GD5) Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory (Model: KVR1333D3K2/4GR) Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (Model: ST31500341AS) LG Black 24X DVD+R DVD-R 6X SATA DVD Burner - Bulk (Model: GH24NS50) COOLER MASTER HAF 932 AMD Limited Edition Red Steel/Plastic/Mesh bezel ATX Full Tower Computer Case (Model: AM-932-RWN1-GP) COOLER MASTER GX Series 750W ATX12V v2.31 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply (Model: RS750-ACAAE3-US) COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler (Model: RR-UV8-XBU1-GP)SugaShane12 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Mouse Cursor Bug/Glitch While playing SC2, my mouse cursor will randomly glitch, turning from a pointer into a vertical '''''''' looking thing. Sometimes it corrects itself automatically, but other times it can stay permanently. If I alt-tab out or even exit the game, my mouse cursor stays like this in Windows itself, and I have to reboot my laptop to correct it. I am using the Asus G73JH laptop. I DO have the latest BIOS and vBIOS that corrects the video issues with the laptop. Running: Windows 7 64bit i7-720QM ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 /w cat 10.8 8GB RAMDraetor3 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Directx 9.0c VS Directx 11 I think the system requirements for Starcraft II is directx 9.0c...I have a Windows 7 64-bit computer that has directx 11, should I go and download the 9.0c off of the microsoft website?Dillon4 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Account folder There is no account folder in my Starcraft 2 folder.PandaCakez1 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Massive FPS Drop @ Ultra Shaders With everything set to ultra, the game runs perfectly smoothly @ 60 fps. However, on certain maps, (such as the facility 17 RPG map), having shaders on ultra will reduce my FPS to 5-10 from 60. Setting it at 'high' instead of ultra instantly recovers all the lost FPS. I'm just curious what could be causing this? Is it some doodad that causes severe lag only when settings are at ultra? Genome0 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 No Content Found/Offline vs AI? ok I have two questions first off. When I was online and I tried to do a match vs a AI I went to single player then vs AI but then I get a message saying "No Content Found" for where the maps should be.. and I cant press create game.. My second question is my at home internet isn't that great so I want to play vs the AI like a skirmish offline. Is this possible?Karma6 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Difficulty adding friends I don't know if it's related to my settings or what, but my options to add friends by e-mail address or facebook don't work. I think they were available when I first got the game but now they're not. Any help please?Xuyi1 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 How do i post replays online? Can anyone tell me how to post Sc2 replays online, without using other software like fraps, which slows down the computer???Hydralisk0 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Reaper Man Achievement Bug? I just completed Devil's Playground on Hard for the third time, clearing out EVERY zerg on the map and exploring every inch of available map, and did not receive the achievement, is anyone else having this problem? How do I contact someone to fix it?Aeron4 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Crashing since day one Like others my computer has been crashing to blue screen memory dump sometimes weather it be custom games with friends or ladder matches., i posted a while back and checked the trouble shooting i could of done, Windows Memory Diagnostic and checked for overheated, none of those where the problem, i thought it might have been my graphics card a Nvida gts 8800 512 xfx so i bought a Nvida 285 evga gtx 1gb. its doesn't crash as often but still does. Is there any news of a fix on the way or can a blue help me with isHarm0 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Um, can I run textures at ultra? The in-game thing says high for 512MB vram and ultra for 1GB. I have a gtx 460 768mb...Xavian2 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 1920 by 1080 resolution issue: While in windowed, or windowed(fullscreen) mode, starcraft2 does not stretch over the whole monitor. the game does stretch over the whole monitor while in actual fullscreen mode. is there a way i can get the screen to stretch over the whole monitor in windowed mode? I thought it might be a simple bug - i tried lowering my computers resolution, it works with anything below 1920 by 1080 in windowed mode. heres a pic for reference: http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z436/atsssq/?action=view&current=sc219201080.jpg the pic is small sorry- but you can clearly see, on either side of the game itself, it will not stretch to cover the whole monitor. note: the game will not let me resize it while in windowed mode. one last note, while in fullscreen mode, i have set the resolution to 1920 by 1080 and it works fine. it will not let me change resolution while in windowed mode though. Jdd5 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 is starcraft 2 a native widescreen game? do widescreen users have a wider field of vision in game, or is it the same amount of map on the screen and stretched out?Guitar4 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Wrong Starcraft2 Hy there people, any of you know how i can change my licence, a friend of mine came with a copy of Starcraft 2, but i did not know that they have differnt clients for differnt parts of the world:( And now i cant play in Europe with my friends:( Any sugestions? other then selling it on ebay ? Thank you guis for the support and Ideas. Assasin3 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 20, 2010 Blizzard needs to remove the Surrender box. I have been dropped from a total of 17 games, because I lag for one moment and before the box even has time to appear, I hit the S key and I'm dropped. This is a SERIOUS issue that needs resolving IMMEDIATELY. I am being punished for pushing the keys I must to win, and a very small amount of occasional lag should NOT be punished like this. This is simply unfair, people are getting free wins because of a momentary interruption. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!Misanthrope15 Sep 20, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Can this display card run ultra setting? Can this display card run ultra setting? ati radeon 5770 1GB 128BITCHIMAN5 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Transfering to another drive I am faced with a dying hard drive and need to replace it. What exactly do I need to copy to preserve my saved games?Traxan1 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Missing Maps in SC2 I recently tried to play against the AI of the game, and most of my maps are now missing. I've bot about a dozen maps. What can I do to get them back? I was playing around with the map editor, trying to load a custom map, but it never loaded. I didn't delete any files so how could the maps have vanished? Is there a way to restore them?Ron0 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Redirect My Document Saves I probably know the answer to this already, but is there a way to RE-DIRECT the info stored in My Documents/Starcraft II to somewhere else?Maji3 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Maybe found a cheap comp to run sc2 on ultra Hey guys, I'm not quite sure wether or not this is the right forum to post this (I looked around and decided it would best go here) but I'd really appreciate some opinions on my new computer choice for SC2. I want max setting on Ultra for the lowest amount of cash. Here's my best stab at it: Inspiron 560 Minitower w/ Black Bezel PMBBH [224-7502] Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English Processors Intel® Pentium® dual-core E5500(2.80GHz,2MB L2,800MHz) Memory 4GB DDR3 SDRAM - 4 DIMMs 500gb hard drive and EVGA 768-P3-1362-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked FTW 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-130-563&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2 In posting this I just realized it's a mini tower. I suppose that's inherently a bad thing as far as fitting video cards inside, and also one is usually sacrificing more cash for the smaller design. All together it's $780. The comp can be built at dell.com. Ichiban9 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Able to log in, but not able to play MP. Just moved to college this week, not the most stable internet but I am still able to log onto WoW and do some BGs and questing (with decent latency). But when it comes to playing SC2, I am able to log into the game, but when I try to join a custom map (and quick matches too), it goes to the spinning blue circle (or the Found player!) and just indefinitely stays there. It never did this at home, I feel like this is something to do with the college blocking something (even though WoW works fine)? Please help, I love this game, I don't want to shelf it for 9 months. ...and by decent latency I mean like 60-200ms, not 300-400ms.Morrin1 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 Connection Issues, Bad Ping. Hello there, I have been having a lot of trouble with my ISP Lately... There has been numerous lag and connection issues, sometimes Im even dropped from the game due to the amount of lag. According to speed-test I have a good download and upload speed (D: 18mb U: 3mb). I ran a ping tests as well with bad results 600+ms on local servers. I then decided to run a tracert for USWEST.Battle.Net. Here are the results: ... As you can see the ping is pretty bad....I contacted my ISP: Comcast and they said it is likely a modem issue so they will replace it for free. Just wondering if anyone else is getting similar problems? I will make another post to confirm whether or not the modem was the issue. So far it really hasn't been Comcastic.....Xempt4 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 patch loop I've tried everything!!! I've had the game since august and I still haven't been able to play because I've had so many problems. I've even contact blizzard and did the internet options thingy. Things I've tried. 1. Resinstalling 2. Firewall off 3. Anti Virus off 4. Ports 6112-6119 open. I do have norton but I've paid for it and I don't want to remove it :P here's a picture of the problem http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8901/problemtx.jpgFFJ3 Sep 19, 2010
Sep 19, 2010 My rig is not running SC2 well. Need help. My computer is recommending that I run the game on Ultra... But at points in a 3v3 or 4v4 i cannot even run the game on low setting it is incredibly choppy and laggy. Can anyone look at my system and tell me what I could improve or do to make it run better. Are their any settings or such to do so within the manufactured components. Processor([== Quad Core ==] AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU) Processor Cooling(Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [AMD]) Memory(4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module - Corsair XMS3 Dominator w/DHX technology) Video Card(ATI Radeon HD 5750 - 1GB - Single Card) Motherboard([CrossFire] ASUS M4A87TD EVO -- AMD 870 w/ 2x PCI-E 2.0 x16) Power Supply(650 Watt -- Casegears ECO-Element 80 Plus Certificated High Efficiency Power Supply - SLI Ready) Primary Hard Drive(320 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Dual 320GB Drives (320GB Capacity) - RAID 1 Data Security) Network Card(Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)) Operating System(Microsoft Windows 7 Professional) Please any help would be appreciated. And I do not run any background programs while SC2 is running.Braveheart20 Sep 19, 2010