Technical Support

Sep 29, 2010 Fixing the Surrender button Why dont u all make it where you have to click Confirm to surrender or where it asks if you really want to surrender? its kind of stupid to have it RIGHT below the Pause and Unpause button with no notification of leaving the game. CruSha0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Where can I manually download patch 1.1.1? My computer kept crashing from the login screen to the desktop when 1.1 came out, after trying many things, I finally discovered that manually downloading the patch fixed my game. Well now 1.1.1 is out, and my starcraft is crashing again...must mean I have to manually download this one too. Does anybody have a link or know where to find it?Tiktaalik11 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 How to macro keys? Hey guys, my friend just got me the SC2 Z-Board for my birthday, the problem is I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to techical things like this. I've been hearing the that the keyboard is can macro keys. I don't really know what that is or how to do it. Any help? Thanks. http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001142 For those who don't know which keyboard I mean.SgtCrispy4 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Hot Shot Feat of Strength I have been under the impression that this was removed, however it has come to my attention that it has in fact remained in game. I Know for a fact that I have done several league placements with undefeated records in my 5 matches and have not achieved this feat of strength. I have since been placed in 1v1, all random team brackets and several teamed brackets with friends, I don't have many options to redo placement matches. Is there any way I can be awarded the achievement without hoping it works on my next team of friends that do well?RandomName3 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Patch issues Everytime a patch comes, I end up having to reinstall, and when I do it patches and works fine, but now, it doesnt work. The error message: http://img16.imageshack.us/i/asdses.png/ I really want this to stop cause it bothers me every single time there is patch. When will the blizzard support website have 1.1.1 up as a patch manual download?ImThatOneGuy1 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Access Violation? Everytime I try to play ladder or custom I get this msg: what does it mean? Would appreciate some help as I hate dropping in ladder due to nothing other than dropping the minute I finish loading the map ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) occurred at 001B:4B70B48C. The memory at '0x00000000' could not be read.Jim0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Stuck at 66% while updating the 1.1.1 patchSgtZ0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Windows Vista > Starcraft 2 What is the issue with this game? I would expect if a patch comes out to fix issues, not create them. Ever since 1.1 I have had more blue screens of death than back when i ran x-wing versus tie-fighter in DOS. I thought maybe it was a virus i had downloaded. Oh wait, i dont surf the internet on this machine. System restore and all is well. O wait, Re-downloaded a new patch and yet again same message from trying to download the 1st patch, it cant. Due to your game is a POS. NO blizzard, i wont reinstall this game because its a POS. I feel like im playing modern warfail 2 all over again.Alucard8 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 More than one account? I was looking for a seperate account I could get used to both zerg and terran races as well as 1v1 protoss strategies, is it possible at all to get a different account without paying? Sort of like a sub account if you will... like different characters in WoW.Mithos1 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Replays (pre patch) Require Older Version? This hasn't been a problem until today's patch. Any replays I select from before the patch installed bring up an error along the lines of "this replay requires an older version of sc2. would you like to log out of battle.net and load that version". what's the deal? I don;t see any other posts about this, surely I can't be the only one with this problem.Threat1 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Unable to connect to B.Net after patching After installing the 1.1.1.1.16605 patch today, I was unable to join any games. After the 3, 2, 1 countdown, nothing would happen. About 45 or 60 seconds later, the 'join game' button would become clickable. I restarted my computer (Win7x64) and now after clicking on the CONNECT button, I get this message: The game is awaiting a response from battle.net. The service may be temporarily unavilable or your internet connection may be down... I wait, but nothing changes. Thinking there was a new port to use, I opened my firewall but still suffer the same problem. Anyone having the same problem?SquishPud0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Authentication Module Error after patch 1.1.1 After the install of patch 1.1.1 I am receiving the "Unable to download an authentication module. Please try again." message. I have tried a complete uninstall/reinstall and the blizzard SC repait utility without any luck. It doesn't seem to be associated with my battle.net account as I am able to log in on a friends machine. Any suggestions? My system Spec's are: Windows 7 Professional 64bit Intel i3 2.13Ghz 4GB ram Intel HD integrated graphics card rice0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Terran error when in multi player, Terran wont repair from other allies when they are drop and taken over by an allyZero0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Internal Battle.net Error HELP?? I really need some help... Has any one ever run tnto a error message that is preventing SC2 from running? I have not been able to play SC2 since patch 1.1.0. Everytime I try to start SC2, it goes into a black screen then shuts down and back to desktop. I checked game logs and it tells me Internal Battle.net Error. I have tried blizzard support and did all of their recommendations. Still can't solve the problem. Have been reading blogs but it seems like no one has mentioned about this error message. I have reinstalled the game at least 4 times now. It's really frustrating.bONEz0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Unable to play offline Hello, the campus I have moved into's internet connection currently blocks starcraft's battle.net. And now I am getting an error message stating that I can't play offline, I was wondering if there was a way to fix this so I can at least go back to play campaign or vs AI.Piercey0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 No maps.. searched forum cant find thread Hey... my buddy is trying to fix his sc2. I know there was a thread about this but ive looked for over half an hour and cant find it. Ever since the old patch whenever he tries to play a game... multiplayer or single he has no map content. I found an adress to where you are SUPOSE to copy the maps to but he cant find the folder they were originally in. Can somone pls help since my game is updated and i cant get to his computer i need to be able to explain it to him.ReaVer0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Issues installing 1.1 and 1.1.1 this message: The patch "base\Mods\Core.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data\BlizzardComponent.xml" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x22540CF0691AE2AB72E1A6D3C00C2225, actual 0x7896F815DCC46FAA28C2355573B02C89.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply) Is what i have gotten when i try to patch. Any suggestions?Crovax10 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 "Starcraft II has stopped working" this is the message I get when I try to launch starcraft, I redownloaded and reinstalled but it still happens. I found a thread about usign sc2switcher.exe but that gave me the same result. Any advice?Neceros0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 SC2 does not load anymore since patch Posting for a friend: Since applying the new patch, SC2 has stopped launching altogether. Before the most recent patch, it worked perfectly... Now, whenever i press the SC2 launch icon, I get the windows hourglass for about a second and then nothing... It's as if I did not press the load icon. I tried repairing and nothing. I uninstalled and installed - worked once! After quitting the game, I tried it again and same as above, hourglass and nothing. I've tried running it through the cd, finding the exe and pressing that, still nothing... Updated all my drivers for EVERYTHING and still nothing. Anyone else facing this challenge? I think I'm going to have to devote my PC to SC2 and leave it permanently logged in after i re-install....... Running Windows XP, Nvidia 9 Series GTX 9800.. Dual core 2.8ghz.. the basics. Any help is much appreciated.Cablerat8 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 campaign problems after tuesdays fix (9/28) The game will not allow me to continue my campaign b/c ti was saved under "an old version of b.net" so it will only allow me the option to play offline.... with no achievments.... for no reason T_T is anyone else having this issue?icup7 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Dropped instantly for no reason?? Ok sometimes Im getting dropped from a game instantly and for no reason(I dont even lost the internet connection) when its happenned, so whats going on?MrBlaze57 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 problem connexion loading when i start the game starcraft 2 download is start and when it finishes i get drop and game has shut off what should i do to fix that?Ocin0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 freeze after launching I have looked through search, but I have not seen this exact problem.... When I start SC2, I get the login screen backround and it just freezes like that. I can move my cursor, but ctrl-alt-delete and the windows key do nothing. So I maualy restarted my comp, and then I got the same damn thing. NOTE- this started after I installed 1.1.1, It installed properly but then I closed the install window because I had other things to do. EDIT- ah wait, I found the problem. nvm...Minus0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Voice chat in/out sometimes totally disabled This is a situation my friends and I keep having. I use a Logitech USB headset. (Can't find the model # so not sure exactly which one, but it might be the H530. I don't know what headsets they have.) Anyway, 80% of the time, it works fine. But, decently often, one of us would have our sound totally disabled. For example, if there are 4 people. A, B, and C can all hear and talk to each other fine. No one can hear D, and D can't hear anyone, despite seeing his own bar move and being able to hear himself on the voice chat test. Sometimes, it's fixed with an entire computer reboot. I don't remember a SC 2 restart or USB replug ever fixing it, but I could be wrong. But it's not always fixed. Yesterday, 2 of us had the problem. We both rebooting, mine was fixed for the night, my friend's didn't fix, so we had to go on without it. Anyone else experience this issue? Anyone know if there's any self-fixes or etc, something that's hopefully easier than restarting until it works? My other system specs, just in case: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Intel Quad Core, Q6600 4 GB of Ram Geforce GTS 250 Thanks in advance all =)Melchior3 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Custom Games black screen okay, as far as I know alot of people have the same problem while playing - Black Screens. I have the g73jh-x1, which surpasses every game requirements: i7, 8g RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5870... And yet, i get black screens while playing. I dont know if its due to the maps or anything, because it seems completely random, It never happened to me before, when I was playing the campaign, but sinceI had to formatmy computer and reinstalled Starcraft 2 to try out the Custom games... and I can't play them correctly. I paid a great deal of money to reduce computer poblems and I can't even fully enjoy Starcraft 2! Oh and when I installed Starraft 2 or the first time, it told me that my graphics card was not recognised, I tought it was weird, and I get lag when playing on High quality, which gets annoying. Those crashes just freezes my screen, wether its plain black or its gray vertical lines, and sometimes it converts to a -TUN TUN- blue screen of death. Well, I hop there is a way to fix this, I've tried to set frameratecap=60 in variables, but it did not change anything, I also tried to put the delay of my graphics card's "ping" to 10 secs, a possible fix I found on another forum, but it didn't work either. Thanks for reading, I'm expecting answers by some brains out there that could fix this!Leirbag0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 New patch freezes at 96% Pretty self-explanatory: I try to open SC2 and go through the patching process only to have it lock up my entire computer at 96% while installing "XelNaga_somethingorother.m3" I get no error message, nor does the program ever crash or exit on its own. I'm not sure what to do, I've searched the forums for similar problems but haven't really found anyone experiencing the same time of issue. Again, I get no error message because my whole system simply locks up when the install hits that file. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. SysTray9 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Game Crashes! When I click connect... Please Help! My game was working perfect since yesterday night.Termin1 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Constant drops, and server disconnects So basically, this just started happening 2 days ago, ill get dropped from a game, or the server will disconnect me, and hang, and reload, and say battle.net is temporarily unavailable. Sometimes it will reconnect on its own, sometimes i completely have to log back in, what the heck is going on? This is destroying my gaming experience completely, I'm losing games due to me dropping, and its annoying when every time i try to view my profile it takes forever to load and then disconnects. Its not my internet because i can talk to people on teamspeak and browse while its happening. So i really have no clue whats going on.JumBie3 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 What computer should I buy? I am buying a computer and I was wondering what computer would be good for SC2? I play on a labtop right now and I really hate it. I lag when my unit counts surpass like 30 and cannot micro whatsoever in the midgame. Whenever I select a pylon or try to make a building my labtop lags too! So I was wondering what Starcraft 2 friendly computers are out there? New models prefered with good graphic cards! Please respond if you know anything about computers and computer models! Thanks! Oh and I am also getting a Mx18 mouse, because Psystarcraft has one and he kicks ass :)Penny0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 Friend Requests My friend gave me his battle.net email but i can't add him because the only possibility for adding friends is through the Add a Character function. Could someone tell me why i can't access the email friend request function?Cerber0 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 29, 2010 "A problem occurred while loading the map" Hey, there's this one map that won't load. Here's how it looks in the lobby: http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7923/capturerw.png And here's what happens when I click Join Game: http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2240/capture2qp.png [img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2240/capture2qp.png[/img] [img=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2240/capture2qp.png] [url=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2240/capture2qp.png]Really, no BBCodes?[/url] I've deleted everything in the C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache folder, but it didn't help. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks~ Ruu6 Sep 29, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Constant Crashing At "Score Screen"; HELP! The last two days, I've been having a issue with Starcraft II. It crashes at the end of each game, when I hit the "Score Screen" button, after the game has been decided. Not when I "Surrender" or otherwise. Things I have done to try to fix the issue ---------------------------------------------- - Reinstalled SC2. - Defragged HDD. - Memtest (no issues) - Reinstalled Video Drivers (no update was available for my 8800 GTS) Please help! This is really ruining my fun of the game. :| Well, I guess thats really... pointless info, but HELP! Can't post the entire error :| ================================================================================ StarCraft II (B16291) Time: 2010-09-11 21:46:22.866 Exe: C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Versions\Base15405\SC2.exe Parameters: Exe Built: 2010-08-18 00:23:56.829 User: scootr Computer: BBOX Version: 1.0.3.16291 Branch: branches/1.0.2-replacement Revision: 83913 Locale: enUS ================================================================================ ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) occurred at 001B:6A095AAE. The memory at '0xFFFFFFFF' could not be read. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- scootr14 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Game patcher crashes I know there are more of these threads and i have read some of them ,but the solutions i have tried dont work. For the people who don't know many people are crashing in the beggining before it even starts the patcher. I been waiting for about a week as everybody else waiting for this to be solved. So if anybody knows ways they have tried that fixed this issue please post.Xercise1 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Dropping During Gameplay 1.1.1 I have played about 5 or 6 games and I have been dropped from every single one of them at the 15 minute or so mark right when I was about to win. Is anyone else getting this problem or is it just me? Because from what I can see I don't see anyone posting anywhere this similar problem. Please help, this is getting infuriating!!!!disDain3 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 my game is constantly freezing when playing 2 days ago my game started randomly freezing when playing starcraft 2 for 1 second at a time its incredibly annoying and i have no idea how to fix it. i've tried restarting my modem and ive tried restarting my computer. here are my computer sepcs: nvidia 285 gtx 14gigs of ram vista 64bit core i7 920 @ 2.67ghz how do i fix this?Eon4 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Having troubles with the new patch When i try to install the patch i get this message, "The file "C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Versions\Shaders14513\deltaCache.bin" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Versions\Shaders14513\deltaCache.bin.Trash". If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/3)" I tried reinstalling and still didnt work, any help would be appreciated. Cones0 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Left with Questions I was just recently sent a message from someone claiming to be blizzard staff stating that I will be suspended for an allotted amount of time without any details as to this claim so I'm wondering where I'm suppose to go to review this penalty as well as dispute it. I'm aware this may not be the proper forum for these questions but the options at hand were rather limited. So I'm left wondering if this is some kind of hoax by a player pretending to be blizzard staff and if so what sort of repercussions they will receive or if this is a legitimate claim where I should go to see the details of this penalty. If anyone else has experienced a similar scenario or has some answers to my claims it would be fantastic if they would let me know. I use to play World Of Warcraft and am much more accustomed to dealing with blizzard staff directly and this being my first problem with Starcraft I'm not sure where to go. None the less I would like to get this problem fixed as soon as possible and from reviewing the policy it seems I was suppose to be given some sort of warning before any repercussions were taken...which is why I'm beginning to think this is just a hoax, however better safe than sorry. werewolf2 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Available Mirror for Updated Maps? For those of us still having download errors, is there somewhere that the non-custom maps (with their 1.1 changes) can be downloaded? It's going on a week now that all Multiplayer has been unplayable while tech support tries to figure out what 1.1 did, and if it's just the maps, then manually adding the maps should work as a temporary fix.Backdraft2 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Crashing and Droping. sometimes when im playing in a 4v4 map at the end when i press the score screen it just shows up a crash report. and sometimes im just playing in a game and it just drops me from the game immediately, doesn't even show me lagging or anything. can anyone find out what is wrong? my comp? my internet? my driver?Greg1 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 desync I just attempted to play a game of sc2. I often leave the game running, like this time. I searched for a game, found one, then immediately went to the loss screen with (desync) being the reason. knowing that patch 1.1.1 was coming, I disconnected, then relogged in to see that the patch was updating. how about when uploading patches, you force the disconnect of everyone, instead of letting people take losses because they werent aware of the time you decided to update. YAY undeserved losses.!BADGER0 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 $8000 PC getting 20fps - What the hell??? Hello, Just as the title mentions, I have an $8000 PC and SC2 is unplayble at 20fps. The issue is completely a Blizzard SC2 issue as I can play all other games at max FPS, max AA/AS, and SC2 itself is slow as hell. I can literally blow through max settings Metro 2033 DX 11, as well as max Crysis and everything under the sun. Also I can run 60 WoWs at once (yes, on 1 PC). Yet Starcraft 2 is performing like a pile of steamly brown byproduct that my dog produces. I hit CTRL+F to see my FPS, and it often drops to 16 for no legit reason at all. My 6core/12vcpu is showing only 5% usage, and my GPUs (both in solo mode and SLI, tested both) show around 30% usage only. The FPS slowdown will be anywhere in game, from cutscenes, to gameplay, to navigation on the ship, anything and everything. Note: I did the FPS framerate cap/glue already and it doesn't make a difference. The FPS still sucks regardless of what video resolution or graphic options I select. My specs ~$8,000 PC $600 gpu 1 Nvidia GTX 480 $600 gpu 2 Nvidia GTX 480 $1200 cpu Intel 980x EE $449 6G Corsair Dominator Ultra Block Cooler $449 6G Corsair Dominator Ultra Block Cooler $2036 (4x $509) 128G SSD RAID Patriot $798 (2x $399) 320GB 10k RAID Velicoraptor $129 7.2k 1TB Seagate $80 G11 Keyboard $85 G13 Keypad $60 G5 Mouse $400 APC UPS $140 case Antec 902 $60 cpu cooler Mugen $550 1100w psu Tagan $449 Gigabyte UD6F Motherboard $299 Windows 7 64bit UltimateTim115 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Issues with patch. Hello, Ive been trying to install the 1.1.1 patch and like other people ive been having some issues. Im currently on windows xp. The 2 other roomates seemed to download and install the patch fine, and they have Vista and Windows7. So im not sure if there is a problem with xp or not. I can open SC2 but once the loggin screen appears it automatically closes and no installer opens. Ive tried to run the repair, but that didnt seem to do anything either. So im not to sure what i should do. Thanks in advance. Amarus3 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Help with patch 1.1.1 when installing the new patch i get to 73% and it stops and a patch abort message comes up with ....... The patch "pc-game-hdfiles\StarCraft II Editor.exe" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0x00CAD51B2032A7DB82772EDFD9753680, actual 0x09D1171F0E9DA1B3DA97B8BAFAEFC61A.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply) is there a way to solve this without a uninstall/reinstall please help Enforcer3 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 crash on startup anyone get this. i havent played for about a week but i start the program, it shows the face of raynor and its loading screen then as soon as the log in screen pops up there is a beep noise and it exits out of the game.MrHurtin17 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Patch Problems Yeah.. umm.. i can not download the new patch. the "tracker" does not respond. I can't play offline either because i dont know how to verify my game on battle.net. I can't even play offline when i have my disc in my laptop.McTwistiez3 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Patch 1.1.1 freezes at 70% The downloader stops at 70% and the status box simply says "Waiting for files to close..." I remember reading something about downloads stopping at 70% when I was roaming the technical support threads when I was having trouble installing SC2 a while back but I can't seem to find it now. Anybody have any suggestions? My firewall is down but I don't think that was the issue anyways...MudPuppy7 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 lol @ this message http://i55.tinypic.com/jzjhus.jpg ^ so that just came up when i tried installing.. pretty descriptive i must say.Amarus1 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Patch 1.1.1 Lag Issues Ok so ever since I downloaded patch 1.1.1 I get MASSIVE LAG This didnt happen when I downloaded any other patches. Just this one. I have all programs closed and everything. I mean it runs so smooth at the start. But like 2 minutes later it starts to lag! Is anyone else having this problem??!Mike2 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Stick at 'launcher connecting to patch server Loads up, stays there. I have played SC several times before this, and this is a new error. I don't appear to have any internet related connectivity issues... Ace2 Sep 28, 2010
Sep 28, 2010 Odd Mouse Pointer Problem For some odd reason, the mouse pointer in SC2 is stuck in one spot, even though the actual mouse movement is still working (I can tell by the highlighted buttons when I scroll over them). I reinstalled the game to try and fix the problem, but it's still not working. What can I do here?Dahak4 Sep 28, 2010