Technical Support

Sep 24, 2010 Real ID Friends Gone After 1.1 Just like the tittle in says... After I installed the recent patch I am unable to see my real id friends at all in my friends list. I can see normal friends just fine its just all my real id friends are gone. I thought this might have just been a problem with real id not working temporarily but its still broken. So today I thought I would log into wow just to check real id and same thing there. Hildolfr0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Steady Crashing after patch-ACCESS_VIOLATION I never had any issues with crashing before the patch. Now my game continually crashes. It has crashed in all modes: ladder games, custom games, campaign, and challenges. I am running Windows 7 64x. I've tried a few things that have worked with other games, setting SC2 to run on only 1 processor, changing priority, nothing seems to keep it from crashing. It seems like some other people have been having this issue as well. I've submitted a crash report each time (probably over 10 so far). Anyone with similar issue found anything that worked?Soilantgreen12 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Patch Download Stopped My download ran its course all the way to 100%. It said "Download completed in 5 min 41 seconds." Then it began the download a second time! The second time it stopped at 68% and gave the message "There were multiple problems saving data." Now it is stuck. Anybody got any advice? Booyah1 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Graphics HELP I am currently running Starcraft 2 on a Digital Storm Laptop. here are the specs Intel i5 processor 2.53GHz 4.00 GB ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 1GB dedicated I can only run on low settings. Anything turned up to medium my framerate plummets My friend is running on medium with this: Acer Aspire 5741G i3 processor M350 2.27GHz 4.00 GB ram 64 bit OS ATI mobility radeon HD 5470 (512 MB dedicated) He can run mostly medium with no framerate issues whatsoever. I am very confused as to why this is. Im not very computer savvy. This Acer is far out performing mine and yet almost across the board has lower stats. Please someone help...Im just befuddled. FunkMafia1 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Login issues after new installation/patch. I just installed SC2 again because I had to reinstall XP SP3 onto this machine. After downloading all the updates, installing all drivers, etc. I installed SC2 and I can't even log into BNet. I type in my name, then SC2 just freezes and does nothing (in which I just open task manager and end the process). I tried looking for some random culprits. It's not my firewall, it's not DEP, and it's not cause my computer can't handle it (seeing as I upgraded recently to play it better). Any ideas? Also, while I did DL this off Blizz's website since I had already activated it, the DL was REALLY slow and maybe might have been messed up, so I used the "repair" tool to see if anything was wrong with the installation and nothing was wrong.Fryhan1 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Patch 1.1 stuck at 70% Could someone please help me my donwloader is stuck at 70% for the past hour and all it says is "waiting for files to close"Kittychugger5 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Graphic problem after patch 1.1 !! i drop my game fps to 0 for 1sec every 10second just after patch 1.1 !! (online, offline , custom, quick match, mission ,challange, all these modes have the problem) before the patch ,i set my graphic setting to low and got 60fps all the time while playing 1v1. (20fps under medium settings) The stutter did not change after i did these: 1,change graphic settings(low to ultura) 2,change window mode,window full or full screen mode 3,cap the fps to 30 4,reinstall the game and update to 1.1 again 5,update my GPU driver 6,update DirectX 7,update my mainbord BIOS 8,intall WindowsXP-KB896256-v4-x86 and WindowsXP-KB936357-x86 9,set the piority of the game process in the task manager to any level 10,disable my Chinese input tool while game 11,shut down any unnecessory progame 12,defarg my harddisk 13,change my mouse 14,change my OS and repeat 1~13(chinese and japanese windows xp sp3) 15,pray i've wast 20hours work on it and still doesnt work, i think the problem comes from the patch 1.1. when i open an old version replay, progame tell me its ganna open a previous version, and under the previous game version ,the replay dont have the stutter problem!! post: every statter takes about 1sec, during this the harddisk LED does not blink(not the problem with my harddisk i think).And i checked task manager, while the game freezes every 10sec,the CPU rate of the game program drops from about 25 to 5 or lower my notebook Intel core2duo P7450 nVidia 9600mgs 512mb 2giga 160giga HD with 10giga free space Windos XP sp3 hope can solve this ASAP! thanks a lot!! i came from SEA battlenet there is the original topic http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/68567018Void1 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 SC2 Editor Where do I download the complete manual for this?Warmonger0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Starcraft main menu tweak? Hey there, I was just wandering if there was anyway to get rid of the moving background portion of the main menu. I feel like it wastes alot of resources to render a video that I'm not even seeing or paying attention to, so I would like to get rid of it if possible. Does anyone know any tweaks to do this? PS: I'v already went through the options menu and looked for a setting for this and found nothingNaughtyPanda4 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Can;t connect to bnet I just got a new laptop to run this game on high graphics and now i can't connect to bnet. I keep getting the msg that something is wrong with either bnet or my connection. But i'm online all the time. I had to download the patch manually as well since the launcher couldn't get through the firewall apparently but i checked the firewall status and the exceptions are made for the launcher and sc2. I connected fine on my old laptop but it runs like crap. Please help. Vin0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Unable to play against AI I have a mac and after updating I'm not able to play against AI... the map choosing menu is completely empty when I try to play against AI and it throws me back to the main menuICoDaI5 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Trojan Detected???? So I go to Download the New Patch and my Anti Virus Software removes what it calls a Trojan from the File Called Artemis!90F2B20435A0 I dont know what the heck this is has any one else had this problem????FmdPunnisher2 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Fix your Damn servers I repeatedly am getting dropped from games tonight, and it's frustrating. I have high-speed direct connection DSL. I stay in Bnet after I'm dropped... Mike1 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Instant disconnect during league game. I was in a 2v2, doing a cannon rush. All of a sudden while I was trailing his units I got 'You've been disconnected'. No time out, no warning, my internet was fine, my house hold was playing wow etc with no drop. Plus normally you get a time out warning. I'd like to know what that was as that just cost me a game. Is there a click limit now for manuvering units or something equally distasteful?Tyr5 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Can't access multiplayer after patch So after the 1.1 patch, every time when I go into Multiplayer and select 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4,4, or FFA, all it does is says "Downloading Content..." then after that's done which takes like...5 seconds, it just shows a blue battle.net symbol and I can't do anything then, which forces me to relog. Please help, thanks. Note, the downloading only shows up once for eachFalita13 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Lockout problems in 1.1? I tried getting mutliplayer tonight but nothing was selectable, even the single player tab was dulled out an unselectable. I tried hitting the single player tab first then go to multiplayer, that was able to let me navigate and hit the join game buttons but afterwards nothing happened and everything reverted to being locked again. ShivanWurm0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 constant crashes, laggy gui and gameplay I have updated all my drivers I have tried 2 sound cards I have reinstalled windows I have rebuilt my RAID I have run full destructive write tests on all HDD's I have run a memory test I have run PC-Check I have turned all settings to their lowest possibilities the GUI still lags, and I still get constant game crashes, usually instead of getting in and starting the game it kicks to windows and the crash sender. It has happened the last 3 games of Retribution TD I have tried to join in a row >.<. These same crashes happened all the time in WoW too. In WoW it always complained about a texture not loading or not being available. In SC2 its a more general couldn't reference a file in memory error. Please Halp!1!Megadoomer4 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Party chat not working Since patch 1.1 my party chat doesn't work properly. My two friends and I were trying to play 3v3ai and each time we try one of us can't hear the other two. We are all using voice activated with high sensitivity to make sure it's not our mics... which clearly it isn't since the other person can hear them just fine. I did notice that it seems to be the third person to join the party, though it may have been coicidence. Any suggestions or solutions?Nibiru0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Mouse Icon not moving at all. My mouse icon is stuck in one place but I can still click on buttons by moving the mouse and clicking when the buttons are highlighted. The icon stays in one place. Obviously it detects where my mouse is, but its just not making the mouse icon move along with my movements. Very frustrating. Anyway to fix this? This just happened it 1.1Phufufoo4 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Old Replay Issues I play an an alienware laptop with all my settings on low and am now getting really low fps on my old replays. It's to choppy to bare watching.Alien2 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Is Blizzard shtting on Mac users? what's the deal? I'd like to play now.AcediA2 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 crash crash crash ever since 1.1 patch my sc kept crashing non stop even its in-game or login screen everywhere, is there a solutiion to this??DARKROCKET0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Trying to patch 1.10 and crashing? Anyone else getting this problem.. It will open the patcher window and then about 5 seconds in crashes to desktop.. I was able to load it once, but after that it crashed within 20 seconds... ?? Varzul2 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Patch Installation Help I'm trying to update my game and I get this message when it gets to the end of installation--- The file "C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Mods\Core.SC2Mod\Backup.MPQ" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files\StarCraft II\Mods\Core.SC2Mod\Backup.MPQ.Trash". If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/3) I've uninstalled and reinstalled it already and it still gives that error.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!Adam4 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Patch Problems Help plz... Ok after the patch was installed every time i open up starcraft2 it shows a thing saying connecting to patch server... does that for a bit then the game opens up. Everything seems to be working in the log in screen but when I enter my account name to log in and click on the enter button the screen closes and it goes back to the connecting to patch server display... Then nothing happends. Ive checked my firewalls/routers all is fine, I ran program as admin but yeah still not working... could use some help (me=noob). -thanks- BearRuntGuy0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Achievements - update First off, thank you for the fix of most of the meta achievement issues. I received all of my mission ones when logging in today as well as my missing solid gold. Supreme Being also updated the completed list. However, there are a few achievements that failed to update. I have 28 hard mode missions completed as per the list in "Liberty Completionist: Hard" but have still only been awarded up to "Wings of Liberty: Hard 10" while the tracking bar states 0/15 for my next achievement. this should be a finished track at 25/25. Three Way Dominant also has not updated for the 3 Zerg section, at least not retroactively. Just looking to make sure you are aware of the issue and possibly a time line as to when we can see this fixed. Also curious as to whether other people have ones that have not updated or if these few were even intended to be fixed at this time. thank you blizzard!Tanis0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Avast detecting BlizzardDownloader as Trojan Hello, my avast is detecting the file BlizzardDownloader.exe as a trojan. 23/09/2010 15:33:08 C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support\BlizzardDownloader.exe [L] Win32:Trojan-gen (0) Durante a movimentação do arquivo para a Quarentena, ocorreu o erro: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process Durante a exclusão do arquivo, ocorreu o erro: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process Is my file infected or is it an avast error?Elvenfoot11 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 flux veins i tested this, and it seems to be affecting carrier accel and speed as well as void accel and speed.....maybe im just seeing thingsThrawn1 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Team Players Quitting Very Early in Team Game Dear Blizzard: I am certain this has been posted before but so far - to the best of my knowledge - nothing has been done about it yet so it needs to be brought to your attention until it is fixed. In about 20% of all SCII Games one of the players will quit after about the first 20 seconds into the game for no apparent reason. I am guessing that they leave because they don't like the map. Losing a player early on like that hugely changes the balance of power and the odds of winning. There needs to be some very serious penalties for players who do this other than a score decrease because not only are they affecting their score but incorrectly affecting all the other players involved. Some penalty like not being allowed to play a team game for an hour afterwards and double points loss if their team loses. Every time they do it within a 24 hour period the penalties should re-double again: ie after the second time: 2 Hour Lock Out and Quadruple Points Loss; 3rd Time: 4 Hour Lock out and 8 x Points Lost. At a certain point - the account should be suspended and if they still continue the player banned. It's like folks who use their cell phones during a movie in a theatre - they won't do the right thing until their is a penalty involved. And by the way - when was that name change going to take place? -PPekPek0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Trojan Warning message post 1.1? I didn't have any problems install patch, or playing in the same session last night. When I launched game today blizzard gave me a warning that a trojan was found. MSE and Spybot could not locate it. And I fixed some things after scanning with HighJack This and blizzard still gives the same warning. Anyone have any suggestions?Reyseph0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Patch problems? Whenever I start the game up to patch, it instantly skips to 100% and just sits there. Running in administrator does not work, and for some reason whenever I run it and then try to close and run it again, the updater does not close and I have to go into task manager and end the process. Anybody know why? P.S. checked all ports and they are good, turning off firewall does not help. Re-installing didn't help either.Wisnic1 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Low FPS solved I thought I would post the thing that actually worked for me. After sinking in the technical support forums with no answer whatsoever, updating all my drivers, deleting SC2 files so the game would re-build them and none of these working, I took a close look to my computer while playing. Turns out, the game practically lits my GPU in fire, increasing its temperature by a LOT (I don't understand why this game particularly does this at this level, though). Anyway, I followed some of the posts in the forums such as lowering my graphics a bit from the game menu and manipulating the variables.txt found in the Documents/Starcraft II folder, I was able to lower the amount of heat my GPU is receiving. I used a program that came with my GPU to keep track of my cards temperature, and the game would start to lag horribly when it reached a certain amount of heat. I set my GPU's ventilator to 100, made room for my computer so it could breathe better and I have not seen any of the low FPS problems so far. I have been playing for nearly 4 hours straight and It has been a success, so I recommend all you people who suffer from this, to keep a close eye to your computers temperature, I also thought my computers temperature was not the problem but watching closely I discovered that IT WAS the problem. Hope this was of some help to someone.Amaakir0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Taking forever to find 1V1 games Is it normal for the game to hang on 'waiting' for at least 10-15 minutes when trying to play a 1V1 game? It didn't used to do this but now that 1.1 came out it is taking FOREVER to find a game. I am busy and only have time for a couple of games most nights, this is making it impossible for me to play at all. It isn't pulling up the 'looking for opponent' thing, it just says waiting. I am just trying to do 1V1 as zerg in silver league. Nothing weird. help! :(Inyo2 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 can't load campaign saved game since 1.1 when I try to load a game that was saved before patch 1.1 I have a message that tells me " this saved game can only be loaded with a previous version of starcraft 2 " now I try that but the load bar never finish and the game stop responding. Help plzKarlOrff5 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 need help ...crowKAKAWWW0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 What settings run best? I was wondering what setting my laptop could run best I would like to have the general setting like low, medium, high. My Specs Are: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00Ghz RAM: 4.00 GB Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 Gaming graphics: 2301 MB Total Available Graphics Memory Hard Drive space: 194GB free Thanks ahead of timeKylanor0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Coop games just stay on "Waiting" after 1.1 coop games won't start. It would try to download something then button turns to "Waiting" and gets stuck there. On OSX 10.6.4MeatPopsicle1 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Can't Download Patch 1.1 Im trying to download this patch but it keeps saying The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support\BlizzardDownloader.exe.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support\BlizzardDownloader.exe". If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. Then at my bottom right hand corner it says McAfee has removed a Trojan CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE.Syztex0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Patch 1.1 McAfee Trojan Removed I went to update my SC2 but everytime it tries to install I get this pop up from Blizzard The update could not be applied. The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support\BlizzardDownloader.exe.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support\BlizzardDownloader.exe". If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/2) The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Support\BlizzardDownloader.exe.temp" could not be deleted. (ConflictManager::UncreateObjects) Shortly after my McAfee pops up and states: Detected: Artemis!90F2B20435A0 (Trojan) Quarantined From: C:\Program Files (x86)\Starcraft II\Support\BlizzardDownloader.exe.temp Any ideas? Dnizzle3 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Won a game but it isn't appearing So I just won this game on Scrap Station against another protoss. I killed all his buildings, got the Victory screen, popped out and it said the match was still in progress, which was rather odd. I checked my history and it isn't appearing. Played another match and won, and that one is correctly showing in my history. How can I get those points back?Anauel0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Stuck on waiting when game found Half the time when I join a game, I am stuck on waiting and it wont stop unless if I log out. If it is a custom game, I am stuck on a black window with the waiting circle, and I cant back our or do anything besides look at my profile and ladder and etc. And when I join a real game, I am stuck on "player found!" What can I do to make it stop?Rapier1 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Won't let me finish patching The patch "pc-battlenet-hdfiles\Support\Battle.net.dll" could not be applied. (MD5 mismatch: expected 0xC7EEFE5D057E19C447DEF228C1F4F229, actual 0x92582E79806B0E2D3EB4EAD75EAA4F04.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply) I'm running Win7 64 bit, had installed patch previously but used a system restore before the patch for reasons unrelated to SC2. I don't have access to my original install disc, is there any way to fix this?Theblindsage2 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Your Tech Support Forum Blizzard if you are going to route players with problems to your tech support forum you should at least have people here to answer thier questions. I don't expect you to answer EVERY post that comes up as that would be absurd. But for the last 36 hours you have been getting posts with multiple pages. Example: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/628260506 Multiple people have called your company about this problem only to learn none of them even knew about it. Please give these people some information. If you have read the topic you know that almost everything possible from their end has been tried. And yet you remain a ghost in the situation. And if all else fails and you don't wish to be included in fixing this on the customer relations level. At least don't recommend people to your forums so they sit around wasting time looking for help that won't ever come. You shouldn't have questions with blue posts about "Character Limits on forum search boxes" When you have posts with multiple pages about how some of you users can't even play - not one blue response. Or a sticky for that matter, those are great too.Reavis7 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Endless Loop I have tried the repair util twice once before reinstall and once after and I have reinstalled the game rebooted numerous times. Still I am stuck in the endless loop of the game launching and telling me I need to update I hit OK and it starts the game again. I have tried running the update manually and it says there is no update. plz help Id love to play SC again.Veldiggle22 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 24, 2010 Can't play campain after patch 1.1 PLZ HELP After I downloaded patch 1.1, I hit continue campain. Then, it asked me to go to the old version and i said yes. But after that, it shows the loading screen then just crashes. It almost never loads and when i does it crashes when i press a key to conintue. PLZ help!!! Scott0 Sep 24, 2010
Sep 23, 2010 Campaign reverts to old version Jsut a couple questions about this. If I say yes, and try going back to the older version of SC2 to carry on my campaign, can I still get all the achievements that I was working on? If I save in the old version, will it update to the new, so I dont have to constantly switch back and forth between old and new? FireGryph1 Sep 23, 2010
Sep 23, 2010 really excited for the next patch! i can't wait for the next patch. i heard they are going to be doing some really innovative stuff like allowing me to play the game again.Spaghettiman4 Sep 23, 2010
Sep 23, 2010 Can't connect to Starcraft 2 Sorry could not find my old post but I can't connect to Starcraft it says to check my internet connection if im not connected and that battle.net might be temporarily down. I am currently on a PC running Windows Vista, does anyone know how i can fix this, i know i need to allow it through my firewall but im not sure how to do that so if you guys can help thanks.Syztex0 Sep 23, 2010
Sep 23, 2010 Patch 1.1.0 in an endless loop After the 1.1.0 patch finishes installing it starts to download the patch again. Over and over. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game with same settings Anti-virus (avast) disabled so I don't get the virus false positive that we got today from the patch. (I'm told it's a false positive from avast but it's acting like a virus). No firewall software and windows is set to allow blizzard access to update files. This is the second new system I built today with the same problem. Any suggestions? Oohhoo3 Sep 23, 2010
Sep 23, 2010 UHHHHH YAAAAAAAAA can't change meh profile pic. the portraits screen wont load. HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED THANKScrunchychewy0 Sep 23, 2010