Campaign Discussion

Nov 24, 2015 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.Psione0 Nov 24, 2015
1h Dehaka’s Future Dehaka is bound to face a problem down the line. Dehaka was promised by Kerrigan to find more essence during their exploits, but their weak Terran foes offer litterally no adaptions that a primal Zerg would find useful. Protoss foes have a similar reliance on technology, but do have a stronger physique and mind. Both Terran and Protoss individuals have very little evolutionary distinction between eachother. So save perhaps sharper mental capabilities from Protoss, neither T or P is really going to offer Dehaka the change he desires. This leaves to the other main threat: enemy Zerg broods. Unlike the others, the Zerg offer essence in unimaginable bounty, yet still, individual warrior strains are mass produced and nearly identical to eachother. The more the Primal Zerg consume Swarm Zerg, the more they are bound to lose their identity, their individuality. They spat upon the mindless meat puppet cousins before, but now after battles with and against them they’re becoming ever more like what they despised. Primal Zerg (perhaps forced) to become meek drones and sacrifice themselves “for the cause” to feed bigger primals which goes against their philosophy. More and more, primal zerg individuals are becoming rank and file Hydraisks, Roaches and Ultralisks who unquestionably obey a central power (Dehaka). Unless Dehaka rebels agianst the Swarm, or other primal Zerg rebel against Dehaka, this is the future of the primal zerg: to be slowly transformed into just another somewhat different brood of mindless pawns for the Swarm.TideHunter4 1h
8h Shadow Wars (again) We don't have a thread about it, so here's one. https://comic.starcraft2.com/en-gb/shadow-wars-part-4 The art is different this time, a bit less clean but it's mostly fine. I do have trouble telling some zerg species apart with this style, and the protoss sometimes have some wonky poses but it's still pretty good It seems like Niadra has joined the fray to personally crack some protoss bones, while she's tricked/diverted the terrans into a trap to separate them (Judging by how only Alms can detect a zerg attack brewing from in the cave, i'd say it's an intentional trap) It's a little odd the protoss could just call in air support since they already scrambled all their fighters to take on the terrans, but they died so quickly it's something i don't particularly mindTogetic184 8h
8h Wings of Liberty in Chronological Order Hi everyone, I was trying to figure out the chronological order of how WoL should be played through. One of the factors I took into account were the UNN broadcasts in the Cantina aboard the Hyperion, and reading the news ticker feed at the bottom of the TV screen (which I'm sure not many people read). For example, Kyla Velassi (she's on Tychus Findlay's armor) is a minor character, but there are events that seemingly happen in chronological order. Based on those events, and reading the campaign quotations page on the StarCraft Wikia, I've determined this is the chronological, canon order in how WoL should be played. The first 3 Mar Sara missions The Evacuation The Devil's Playground Smash and Grab Outbreak Welcome to the Jungle The Great Train Robbery The Dig Breakout Cutthroat Whispers of Doom A Sinister Turn Engine of Destruction Media Blitz Echoes of the Future In Utter Darkness Piercing the Shroud The Moebius Factor Supernova Safe Haven Maw of the Void Char Missions TL;DR: By paying close attention to the UNN broadcasts on the TV in the Cantina and reading the news ticker feed at the bottom of the screen, you can decipher the overall state of events. I hope this helps. Edit: I previously had The Devil's Playground after Outbreak, but after playing it through again, think that it should be after The Evacuation/before Smash & Grab.VampSpartan12 8h
9h Why no Leviathans in LOTV? During the end missions of the WoL Campaign, you are faced with killing the monster zerg flyer. Why did Amon keep his Leviathans out of the fight during the Void campaign when they would have easily won him the war?Volsarex10 9h
17h Blizzard games abridged part 2 Starting a continuation thread of this one. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20769558965?page=26 @RC Our obsession with last post is mostly based on a genuine threat that a thread could be ended with a Redhead post.Bifrost64 17h
2d Heart of the Swam difficulty As massive fan of the starcraft campaign (played through all 3 + nova campaign countless times), I'm repeatedly disappointed by HotS campaign difficulty. It's way too easy on brutal. Even without decent micro and just massing 1-2 units and no army split, it's all a piece of cake. Would REALLY love to see HotS campaign difficulty increase, as it really is tons of fun to play through. Just don't want it to be a walk through the park.TJay14 2d
2d Completing the Cycle vs. Breaking the Cycle Just to bring everything back to Starcraft for brief moment, let's have a bit of fun. What are you're biggest SC pet-peeves that you've seen brought up amongst the community? For me, it's when I see people say that the Protoss briefing room music copied WoW's night elf music. It's like WoW players never seem to remember, or didn't do their research, that Starcraft came before WoW. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- EDIT: Changed the title after the thread turned into a massive debate about completing the cycle in the original games vs. breaking the cycle in SC2.Retloclive244 2d
2d Campaign problems is anyone else having trouble accessing campaign for terran or zerg? I can only get on with protossHank1 2d
3d Battle chest issues Hey guys, i bought the battle chest for starcraft2 finished the 1st campaign but now its asking me to purchase the second (hart of the swarm) and the third works fine , its just the second campaign . Any help would be appreciated.APPELS3 3d
5d LOTV doesn't register as completed Okay, so when I log on my Windows Desktop, it says that I've completed Legacy of the Void, but when I log onto my Apple computer, it says that the last mission completed was Steps of the Rite, and I can't play Master Archives. At first I decided to complete the Campaign on my Mac, and it was okay for a while, but later on when I got a new Apple computer, it went right back to Steps of the Rite, but the campaign still registers as complete on my Windows Desktop. What is going on? Why is it doing this? It makes no sense!SuperMage1 5d
6d Dreadlocks Kerrigan Is the best version of Kerrigan in SC2. (As per usual, take me half-seriously.) She’s canonically with us for a lowly amount of 7 missions (given the canon order of mission in HotS, which I find ridiculous if we talk gameplay. Who plays without Roaches...), but she’s the best version of Kerrigan. Here’s why. She actually feels sorry for Tychus. Raynor is the d^ck hete. Her exchange at the end of the Char arc feels meaningful. Warfield saying she’s not even human anymore actually sounds as an insult not as a statement of a fact since she’s not Primal yet. Tricia Helfer’s unadulterated rockmelting voice. Doesn’t commit atrocities like New Babylon yet. She trolled Mengsk Jr. without killing anyone. Zerg got loose because of the attack, there were only bots in tutorial. Actually feels fragile and struggling. Kerrigan’s only obstacle Raynor’s faked death comes during this phase. Doesn’t commit all that Kaldir nastiness. Does becoming Primal make you an a-hole/bi^ch? Char is full of soldiers, there are no actual civilians, so her brutality kinda makes sense here. Her cutscene with Zeratul is bad because of Zeratul’s writing not hers. It’s quite reasonable for her to expect him to be hostile. Amnesia or not, she has flickers of remaining memory and it is beliavable that Raynor told her what she’s done, she just doesn’t remember. Or she’s lying, which makes loads of sense, because guilt and people being mad at you might not be good excuses, but they are good explanations.Bifrost28 6d
6d Raynor and Kerrigan Am I really the only person who doesn’t see anything wrong with how they characterized Raynor’s relationship with Kerrigan? 1. Let’s address the first point people make: that they were never romantically involved in SC1 in the first place and the “you pig!” bit was the only possible indicator, yet was just shallow, “not related to romance” event. Let me counter this by the amount of concern Raynor had about Kerrigan going on her final mission. He had a feeling something was up and didn’t want her to go. If they were in a “strictly business” relationship, why would he care about her specifically? Why would he not give the same talk to Marine #4058? Why would Kerrigan send a psionic distress call to Raynor while she was in a cocoon? Why would Raynor go to freakin Char of all places just because he had a dream about Kerrigan still being alive? See where this is going? That’s like literally going to hell and back for someone! 2. The second point people make, AKA the “I’m the man who’s going to kill you one day” reason. Do people really think Raynor is going to think the Queen of Blades is the same person (mentally speaking) as Kerrigan? The sudden change of character post infestation really tips that off. Yes, Kerrigan was always an assassin, but one who assassinated under orders. I really don’t think it would be in character for Kerrigan to manipulate and backstab Fenix in such the way QoB did. Clearly Raynor believed the QoB “killed” Kerrigan in much the same way Obi Wan believed Darth Vader “killed” Anakin.TideHunter8 6d
Feb 12 Prebuilt bases are a scorge... In most cases prebuilt bases are a scourge, something highly annoying to work around, I wind up razing merc compounds or moving stuff around because its all in the way...mind you I have issues only one being OCD LOL. I'd rather have the resources a fulled loaded command center with SCV's and a tiny bit more time....that or let me move the damn merc centers around.....ZippyDSMlee20 Feb 12
Feb 11 Blizzcon and Blizzard games abridged : -Sc2 ? Here's Zeratul for ya, nothing else. -Heroes : We dropped any pretense of showing all Blizz characters, we're making new ones ! -WoW : Ready to follow Saurfang against Sylv... wait, why are you upset ? Well, at least Classic comes in 6 months right ? -HS : Mic problems. -Overwatch : McCree rival for ya. -HS : Trolls ! Trolls everywhere ! -Classic : WC3 REFORGED, YIPEE -Diablo : We made Diablo 3 for mobile, except we call it Diablo Immortal, because gameplay will be worse. Morality : WC3 REFORGED IS AWESOME.Marsaro500 Feb 11
Feb 9 Mission packs when? I love co-op and all, but obviously the community wants mission packs now. There has to have been something in development after Covert ops.... everything got sidelined for Co-op. Didn't covert ops sell incredibly well though? Blizzard wants to make money, don't they? I will concede that reskinning assets for co-op is a lot less resource intensive than building an entire 9 misson story arc, but c'mon, there is a demand. Plz blozzerd, halp us out here.Klimpt120 Feb 9
Feb 9 Redheads I think we’ve been too harsh on this beautiful hair colour (in case of females) because of Kerrigan. Therefore, I raise another game. Name a fictional strong female character with red hair who does better job than Kerrigan. (I know, not that hard) My pick - Ygritte from Song of Ice and Fire/Game of ThrobesBifrost46 Feb 9
Feb 8 Role Playing Characters Hey all, A completely off-topic thread, but I know many of you play or have played RPGs, and I'm curious if any of you have made characters based on characters from other games and fiction? I know it's a fairly common thing, but I've actually rarely done so myself. 20-ish years ago I know I made a Paladin in Diablo II called Maximus, and I focused on Roman looking items for him, but otherwise, that's been about it. As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm enjoying The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, and when I'm done my current playthrough, I'm thinking of starting another, and basing the character off of Sylvanas. I've never actually done a "bad" character in "Skyrim" before, and I've never played as a Wood Elf in any The Elder Scrolls title before, and I think that would be fun and interesting to do. The character would focus on Archery, Illusion, Sneak, Light Armour, Speechcraft, and Lockpicking, she'd generally be selfish and self-serving and only aid people if it benefited her or her cause, and she'd join both the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood. She'd also contract Vampirism to become Undead, and to get Life Drain. I'd have her join the Stormcloaks with the intent of fomenting rebellion and putting herself in a position to more control the province, and the Blades would basically be my personal "death guard." I'd also try to kill the Grey Beards after the Main Quest since they'd be of no further use to me and could be a potential threat down the road, and in pursuit of power, I'd collect all the Daedric Artifacts as well as all the Dragon Priest Masks.Juxtapose5 Feb 8
Feb 8 expansion for SC2 like SC? One thing I have seen from SC is that it had an expansion with 3 add new campaigns that being SC Brood war. With that being said it is unclear whether or not SC2 will also have their own virgin of a Brood war expansion. Mostly because of how SC 2 campaigns where given out as its own expansion. There is also the fact I remember a cut scene in SC2 Heart of the Swarm campaign where Kerrigan asked Stukov what will happen if the fleet from Earth came back and whether or not Stukov would join them. Hinting at the possibility of a SC3 or SC2 having their own virgin of a Brood war expansion.STARLORD1 Feb 8
Jan 30 Who do you think is stronger? Alarak or Artanis ? I feel like Alarak coulda owned Artanis if he wanted toLoochi153 Jan 30
Jan 27 Starcraft: Soldiers Starcraft: Soldiers came out a couple days ago with no blizzard acknowledgement because.... uh, who knows, I guess? It didnt stop Starcraft: Scavengers from selling well, so hopefully this one follows that trend. So let's all talk about it in a spoiler-filled way. Anyway it's pretty good, I like it and the story is a lot more about telling the story than setting the ambiance like Scavengers so I imagine it won't have the.... not weird pacing necessarily, but odd slow burn storytelling choice that comic did. I like our protagonist, I like that her "by the books" style is the result of her bad home life and the dominion basically becoming her found-family. I also like that in keeping with the "it's morally gray out here on the fringe" she's not necessarily wrong to be a stickler for the rules: not obeying them gets people hurt and killed, even if her brashness in enforcing the rules isn't really right either. For background details: The officer she's got as a father figure has the symbol for vardona on his desk, and the Defenders of Man emblem is visible on his computer screen. This is set post-covert ops, which makes it all the more interesting. The doctor's office has "UNSC" branded onto it as a fun halo Easter egg, and there's two male background characters holding hands outside the office on the next page, which is a nice little piece of representation that's cool. I also love that they got around having to explain how lurkers attack by just having one sand-shark eat someone from underground. Overall I liked it and I'm happy to buy more Starcraft But Just Doing The Plot Of Tremors as it comesTogetic7 Jan 27
Jan 26 Mastery Achievements on Brutal Regarding the Mastery achievements for Swarm and Void campaigns...the descriptions say they need to be completed in Hard mode. Do I not get the credit if I complete it in Brutal instead? I've only sampled 1 mission, and I'm sure I completed the objective...but not sure if I did not get credit because I did it on Brutal.Enigma5 Jan 26
Jan 20 I'm pretty sure they're about to kill Tosh. -Or at least set up up as the next minor villain. So for all of you that have no idea what I'm talking about, I suggest you go read the Shadow Wars Comics that Blizzard's been making. It's a decent story, in which several (kinda) memorable characters from previous campaign missions show up and make their marks. Niadra, Urun, Nova, and more- But the guy I'm concerned about here is Tosh. Now, the whole catalyst for conflict in this comic series has been jorium- a rare material that spectres use to mix with their terrazine as a sort of mental stability suppliment. It's also worth a small fortune, which is why the Dominion trespasses on protoss space for it in the first place. After aggrivating both them and the zerg, the main character (Elms) heads off to a shady-!@# city to sell it. In the city, one can see a spectre watching Elms as she passes, looking to meet up with Sirius so she can sell her recently-acquired haul. A betrayal and infested outbreak later (in which no spectre corpse can be seen), Reigel, and then Nova herself, shows up and buys the jorium off of them. After they get their pay and Elms decides to leave the other two surviving characters, a Reaper suddenly shows up, apparently having blown their ship open or something. Now, we have several indications of Tosh's involvement here First off, jorium- while Nova blowing up Tosh's store isn't canon, I have no doubt he's constantly in need of more to fuel his spectre army (or whatever he's doing with himself). Next, the spectre- Spectres are solely under Tosh's control. The one here is even wearing one of the suits he'd gotten from the Umojan Protectorate. (While yes, the Moebius Foundation had some, they're all dead or recovered now) Nova- Nova has a long history of not only hunting spectres, but Tosh himself. In WoL she tries to convince you to betray him. Luckily, Raynor isn't that stupid. Her sudden interest in Jorium is very suspicious. The Reaper- When you first meet Tosh in WoL, he helps you with your Jorium mining operations by giving you reapers- they're pretty much his signature unit. This reaper is conveniently attacking the ship in which a large shipment of Jorium had just been contained in. It isn't hard to connect the dots here. Now you may be thinking: "That's great and all, but I doubt they're going to kill him off." Yeah, well -Spoilers- They killed Urun off already. Not only that, but Nova's kinda Starcraft's favorite Mary Sue right now, what with Kerrigan dead (or "ascended", whatever). She's recently singlehandedly invaded and killed everyone in a Umojan space fortress (you know, the guys who're supposedly the smartest human faction around by far), including a shadowguard- Umojan psions so powerful and well trained that surviving an encounter with one was previously unheard of. She also did, y'know, all of NCO, in which she killed and beat the Tal'darim- you know, the hyperagressive warrior faction of a race that's physically, mentally, and technologically superior to humans by a mile- as well as an entire rebelling faction. Tosh has absolutely no chance against her. Not by a long shot. And with the direction they're taking this, I have no doubt that he's about to find himself on the shooty end of her rifle. No doubt they'll make him completely evil beforehand, so no one feels bad when he gets shot. I see two possible plotlines for the remaining comics. A- Nova comes out of nowhere and saves Elm from the reaper after a short skirmish, explains Tosh, and they go out and kill him. B- Reaper takes the three (Or just elms, knowing these comic writers) to Tosh, where he makes some threats or evil monologue before Nova shows up and kill him. Either way, he's probably dead. Which is a shame, because Tosh is one of the few remaining characters in SC lore with real potential to be an interesting character that could effect the later games in a large way. It'll be sad to see him go.Nathaniel66 Jan 20
Jan 18 Campaign editor tidbits Round 1: The Havoc heyo, it's TBO, who has been looking in the campaign editor to attempt some map-making again, and I have stumbled onto some completely irrelevant tidbits about some units, which I will no inflict upon you, the unfortunate reader of this thread. First up the Tal'darim Variant of the sentry: The Havoc. This thread will (Probably) be updated as I find more "cool" stuff. Feel free to contribute with your own interesting tidbits as well. Havoc (Tal'Darim Sentry). - Has two alternate names in the data editor, it's actor being named the Monitor and its passive aura and lock on abilities being prefaced with Observer. - Havoc is definitely a better name for a Tal'darim unit than Monitor so I can see why they eventually went with that. -I don't think blizzard would ever have seriously considered calling the thing observer, the name already being taken. Which bring up the interesting idea that they may have monkeyed around with giving the observer some abilities in the LotV campaign, but wound up scraping that and putting them on the havoc,TheBentOne0 Jan 18
Jan 15 Legacy ruined starcraft I love starcraft, favorite game of all time and I have more hours in this game then any other hobbies of mine. BUT, legacy of the void just ruined the game for me. One thing I loved about the game was the campaign and storyline, this story line just sucks, what happened to 3 races fighting for survival and now they throw an evil god in and expect it to be epic?! Plus, all the characters that you know are not even in the story, Artanis sure is from the original but nothing was known about him. Fenix comes back but just has boring dialogue and what happened to having a hero on almost all missions? Like having raynor and fenix together on most SC1 missions. Basically I hate the direction that they took the story, you make 4 games SC1, SC1 Brood War, Wings and Heart, then you just redirect the whole thing. Would have been a much better story if it was about the Protoss retaking Auir like the trailer showed.Shinobi38 Jan 15
Jan 12 "Friendly Competition" Achievement Has anyone been able to complete it? I feel like it should be "without killing the expedition squads" instead of "without killing ANY Tal'darim" (on Hard or higher) I've tried a couple of times, and it seems you don't have enough time to capture 6 Terrazim altars since your base eventually gets attacked by the Tal'darim directly. I don't know, thoughts?SXGxNiriw19 Jan 12
Jan 10 Top 3 SC Cinematics What are you favorite SC cinematics? 1) Death of the Overmind. I love aliens, and in this cinematic a badass psychic brain alien destroys a giant hive mind brain alien. The music as Tassadar begins to accumulate cosmic psi energy, the aesthetic of the carrier, the feels of Tassadar's noble sacrifice, Tassadar standing on the platform in the otherwordly looking bridge of the Gantrithor. Everything was just awesome. 2) The Inauguration. One of the best speeches in all of video games. More worldbuilding was done here than in any other SC cinematic. 3) Alone. My favorite unit is the high templar, and here Artanis shows their full power. Finally, the protoss get some credit as the most powerful psionic species in the galaxy. At the same, Zeratul narrates with his badass Optimus Prime voice and talks about something actually cool and thematic for once. Also, cools guys don't look at explosions.Gradius60 Jan 10
Jan 7 Does Mengsk have Stukov's lighter? In the closing scene of HoTS, Mengsk has a lighter and a cigar. Mengsk's plan is to misdirect the audience into believing that he's going to use the lighter to light the cigar. Mengsk knows we've seen the Brood War opening cinematic where Alexi Stukov uses a similar lighter to light his cigar. So the question is: did Mengsk somehow get ahold of Stukov's lighter? Are they the same lighter? Or are there multiple gold lighter-shaped objects in the StarCraft universe?Funkmasta12 Jan 7
Jan 7 Zeratul is alive! So I have a theory. It's just a bit half baked but I think it has some merit. In short, Zeratul was not killed by corrupted Artanis and may still be alive. First, lets examine what happens at his supposed death. Artanis is corrupted with the Khala. Zeratul tries to cut his nerve cords to free him, and a badass fight ensues. Eventually, the two of them play a suicidal game of psionic lightsaber chicken and while Zeratul successfully frees Artanis, he is injured. He falls to the ground and utters his final words. "The keystone will guide you to the xel'naga". And with that he collapses. He seemingly turns to dust and sails off leaving nothing but a tattered cloak and his warp blade. The first question I had seeing this was, why did he turn to dust and disappear? Protoss don't do that. Even with his powers, if he's dead he should just lay there and be dead. I then remembered, sometimes Toss do just disappear. In game in fact. Every single time you lose a Zealot, High Templar, or even Dark Templar, they don't bleed out, they disappear into nothing. Why? Well the Starcraft wiki answers that in better words than I could. ... And then ... And the possibility that he was teleported is supported in the cutscene. While some of his gear stays there, the rest of his armor (including his pauldrons, which probably supply his shield and emergency teleporter) also seems to turn to dust. This would be oddly specific unless his armor had to stay on him because it was what was teleporting him. So I believe it can be established with minimal doubt that his body was teleported away. This brings up some questions though. Did he survive afterward? If so, why did the others think he was dead when he could have just showed up again? To answer the first question we need to dive into Protoss biology. First we need to know where and how Zeratul was injured. If you watch his death sequence frame by frame you can see that the following events happen… -They lunge at each other -Zeratul raises his blade to block Artanis and to strike at his nerve cords -Artanis strikes at Zeratul’s head with one blade, and toward his chest with the other -Zeratul blocks the head attack, creating an obscuring blinding light We also see that his face is undamaged as we get a clear view afterwards, and while we never clearly see the wound, we can assume it came from the other blade, and left a stabbing wound through the chest. Now, we can assume that Protoss organs are mostly in the chest (they lose limbs and survive, often becoming dragoons or immortals). We also know Zeratul fell unconscious quickly, meaning his wound probably occurred in his heart. Now when a human is stabbed in the heart, they tend to die quickly, meaning he’d show up at the teleported location a corpse. Good thing Zeratul isn’t a human. According to Starcraft: Queen of Blades [a cannon book], Protoss have three hearts. Even if the blow injured one, there is reason to believe that he could survive for quite some time before brain death. And protoss technology surpasses our own so much that it's more than conceivable that a wound like that could be repaired. And now for the second question, why is he gone the rest of the campaign? Well, a normal protoss would teleport to the nearest safe base, but Zeratul is far from normal. He is a hermit. An exile. His teleporter would be set somewhere more personal (my guess, his sanctuary world from this http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft:_The_Dark_Templar_Saga:_Twilight). He would have teleported there, been healed by waiting medical probes, and most likely stayed there. He would likely need time to recover and even once he did, why return to his people? At last recollection, many wanted to imprison him. Returning to Auir would bring up difficult times for him and his people. I believe that Zeratul, after healing up and watching from afar, pleased with the new found freedom and peace of his people set in motion originally by him, spent the remainder of his days chilling and meditating in some secret hideaway. Or maybe he found another ship and went on some adventures. Or maybe he did just die. Regardless, I think the chance that he survived is much larger than is clear at first glance.axon73 Jan 7
Jan 6 Khas Naradah! In which TheBentOne theroycrafts about an incredibly minute part of starcraft lore. I spent way too much time writing this post, and then the forum ate it. Of course, like a complete noob I didn't have my wall of text backed up, so lets try this again. Edit: It ate it again, but this time I had it saved. Take that battlenet. "Khas Naradah" is one of Zeratuls SC1 unit voice lines, a command acknowledgement in particular for those counting at home. Personally its one of the most memorable pieces of voice work in the game. Most of what SC1 Zeratul says feels like it has some sort of underlying malice behind it, but these two words especially are said with some serious bite, like hes warning or rebuking the executor, and guess what, as far as I can find nobody has ever told us what they mean. Well until today, that right, its fannon time. The first part of the phrase is more than likely in reference to the Protoss hero Khas, who united the Protoss people in the Khala and ended the eon of strife. Now, if this line came from say Tassadar or Fenix I would say we could just chalk it up as another honorific remembering a great khalai hero ala "en taro Adun". However, both the fact that this line comes from Zeratul, a Nerazim (and therefore unlikely to hold the founding of the Khala in great esteem), and the tone with which it was said would indicate to me that this is not the case. So then what tyoe of phrase is it? Clearly the Nerazim wouldn't be huge fans of Khas right? Maybe Zeratul is tossing an old Nerazim curse at the player? It would fit with the tone of the line, but frankly I doubt it, that's not really Zeratuls style, and hes never been shown to insult his allies. So I doubled back to the Khas angle and had a different thought about how the Nerazim may view him. Khas did end the eon of strife and save the Protoss people from extinction, maybe the Dark Templar respect him for that achievement even while despising the khala. With this different take under the belt I decided that Naradah would be a word that could have a dual meaning depending on context. In this case save or destroy. In the case of this phrase it actually would have both, and Khas Naradah literally translated would mean something to the effect "Khas destroyed us by saving us". Now why would Zeratul be saying such a thing to the player? why would this line make any sense at all? Well I'll tell you, much as "Adun Toridas" has meaning and use beyond the literal, so would this phrase. It would be used as a reminder of the need to foresee the consequences of ones actions. When Zeratul is sharply telling the player "Khas Naradah", he is saying "Be sure that these orders are well thought out." and there you have it, a way too long analysis of the meaning of what in all likelihood was just some guy throwing random syllables together until something sounded cool. TLDR version TBO had too much time on his hand tonight and started theory crafting about irrelevant lore details Khas Naradah is a Nerazim phrase thats literal translation is "Khas destroyed us by saving us." Used to emphasize the possibility of actions having unintended consequences.TheBentOne4 Jan 6
Jan 3 Essence of Eternity Ally Protoss AI Since the legacy of the void released, in this chapter, Protoss(Artanis) AI will hardly build anything, something it train one or two unit(s), most of time it does nothing. Why there is no patch to fix it, it's almost impossible to get the achievement that uses Karrigan to kill less than 15 unit to clear the chapter. that was terrible experience to try many times for the same situation that helps Artanis to defend for half game process and he still does nothing, but let enemy slay his units and buildings for free. and in the last game, it's impossible to defend three heavy group of enemies attacking at once(since Artanis was fallen so quick, Zagara cannot hold for long, if I send partial forces to help her, my side will have high risk to fall)Oblivion10 Jan 3
Jan 1 Dank Theory Hey! Glad you could join me! I am here to... aww screw it y'all know whats about to go down. I got a few theories for Sc in general and I need y'all's thoughts on it. By the way, MAJOR SPOILERS FOR STARCRAFT AND STARCRAFT 2 AHEAD! Theory 1!!! Warcraft was a previous universe to Starcraft. Now, hear me out, this was just a wild thought in my head but what if the WC universe is the PREVIOUS universe for SC, which explains several things, actually. Such as "Where did the Orcs come from? Where did the Orcs world go? What does that portal do?" Well, what if I told you that the portal is literally a portal to ANOTHER PLANET!!!! Just a thought :) Theory 2!!!!!!!! The Terrans think Korhal is their homeworld! Now, this one is another thought I had, but what if the Terrans are convinved that Korhal was Humanities original world and that all of history was ON KORHAL? Theory 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could Humanity have been the original species along with the Protoss? Now, hear me out, but what if Humanity was originally supposed to be the 2nd species for the Rebirth of the Xel'Naga instead of the Zerg? Remember that the Zerg had ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to actually get to space at that point, untill Amon made them into "The Swarm" with the OP zerg he found there. Not to mention the Protoss are also Xel'Naga made, so I guess Humanity is the only natural species haha Anyway, what'd you guys think of this? Did you like them? Lemme know what y'all think!Amades31 Jan 1
Jan 1 one day war? i just found out about this... is there a way to play this? or is the only thing about this is just text?navy12 Jan 1
Dec 31 Kerrigan is a Good character. I've noticed that there have been a number of posts on here about how Kerrigan is somehow Kerrigan is a bad (evil) character. I disagree, she only kills her enemies (such as the dominion and certain protoss) sometimes civilians may die during crossfire, but war is war I suppose (plus not every planet has civilians), she lets reynor evacuate civilians when she realized that she should do the right thing, I don't see how a few decisions make her evil when people in the real world have done things similar to win wars (WWII), she didn't remember what she did before WoL, Human Vs Zerg is also a part of the story, Etc. So yes, I think she's good. Anti-hero- maybe Evil/Bad - no I want to see how many others agree. Please, only comment if you agree as I'm in no mood for arguing and it won't go anywhere anyway (as most online arguments do, (I'll ignore if I have too)). Let people enjoy things. Watch this (I don't agree with everything, but that section makes good points): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r0RCLa8crg#t=35m00sKelis156 Dec 31
Dec 31 WoL Kerrigan vs Narud So Narud presumably forms the möbius foundation to get the xel naga artifacts so he can drain "xel naga essence" out of Kerrigan and reform Amon. But why tho? In the möbius factor, Narud is obviously going out of his way to stop Kerrigan from getting the artifacts, but arent kerrigan and Narud both loyal to Amon? (Kerrigan more enslaved, but still) Narud wants to "revive" Amon. Surely kerrigan, a slave of Amon, would do the same thing if she got her hands on the artifacts. Furthermore, Kerrigan wants to destroy (or at least take) the artifact in the final WoL mission. Why would Amon allow her to do this? He's about to be reborn and yet he orders his slave to stop the process? I mean, understandably the artifacts did kinda genocide a lot of zerg, but shouldn't Amon know what the artifacts are capable of? Why pull all the Zerg back to char? Maybe Amon is just really bad at letting his servents communicateRhyme4 Dec 31
Dec 31 What are KMC and Umojan doing in End war? ^^^^NaIL29 Dec 31
Dec 31 (Spoilors) Terrans can hurt Hybrid? So in Wings of Liberty, there was a secret mission you can obtain. In it, when the Hybrid showed up, it was impervious to damage; but in Legacy of the Void, when you go to Korhal, suddenly they're hurting Hybrid. What changed?Badger3 Dec 31
Dec 30 What Games are you Playing Now? Out of curiosity, since I'm sure we all play more than just StarCraft, what games are you guys playing now? For me, I'm currently playing: - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Mortal Kombat XL - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition - Doom 3: BFG Edition I usually play a few Versus AI sets every so often in Mortal Kombat XL; it's fun and is a good short-term burst of fun. My main characters are Mileena (Ravenous and Piercing) and Kitana (Assassin), and I also occasionally dabble with Triborg (Smoke). The discussion @Gradius and I really got into about Half-Life 2 got me nostalgic for older shooters, and I started playing Doom 3 (Xbox) for the first time in twelve years. Picked up the "BFG Edition" on the Steam Autumn Sale this weekend and am starting that instead of finishing an Xbox run. I might actually pick up the Orange Box again down the road. I also had the urge for a good, single player RPG, so I fired up my Xbox 360 version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim a few weeks ago. Was enjoying myself so I picked up the "Special Edition" via Steam this weekend. I'm playing as a High Elf for the first time in the franchise, and I'm playing as a Conjuration Mage (so a Necromancer, mainly).Juxtapose30 Dec 30
Dec 30 Will there ever be another mini-campaign? Its been a few years since Nova Covert Ops was released, and I know Blizzard said they didn't want to make more mini-campaigns at the time, but are they still going with that mindset? Or could we get another campaign in the near future? Personally, I'd want either a Stukov-centric or Alarak-centric campaign. Both are ripe for story, and using only comics and/or novels to tell said story wouldn't do them justice (especially in Alarak's case).darkdill18 Dec 30
Dec 30 Xel’Naga Artefact I know this information base on alternative timeline, but that doesn’t mean we can’t glean anything off of it. So in this alternative timeline, Zeratul survive his encounter with Artanis. It could be because his Void Seeker wasn’t destroyed or whatever. It doesn’t matter. What matters is that Zeratul could find the location of the Xel’naga Keystone. Unless in this alternative timeline they didn’t banished Amon by utilizing the Keystone, is it possible that the Keystone still out there somewhere in our ‘real’ timeline? Just hidden for most Protoss. Assuming that Blizzard still insists that Co-op occurs sometime between LotV and the Epilogue.Time27 Dec 30
Dec 29 No room for Starcraft 3: Aside from Nova style quests all the mysteries in the galaxy really seem solvedHOFF44 Dec 29
Dec 27 Should Blizzard try to make an fps SC game? i was playing planetside a while back and started to wonder if it could work with the StarCraft races. Planetside (for those who havnt played) invloves a 3-way war accross 3 worlds or distinct areas. the goal is to capture bases and outposts and in doing so grants you territory so you can expand even further. the 3 races in StarCraft would be a better option in this type of game as apposed to what planetside uses in 3 human empires with diferent ideologies use of types of ammo. this is just a vague thought that has minor followup thought behind it.Slappy25 Dec 27
Dec 26 Ulrezaj Prison Crystal was on Shakuras... From Ulrezaj wiki: "Despite the cost to herself, she (Zamara) used the nexus of energies which the Alys'aril sat on, similar to those used by Ulrezaj, to trap him in the crystal she herself was transferred into. The crystal containing the dark archon and Zamara was then transported to Shakuras to be guarded." As we know Shakuras was detonated and utterly destroyed on Legacy of the Void so this leaves with many question and hypothesis... Was the crystal destroyed during the Explosion? If that is the case, is Ulrezaj dead because of its destruction? Or he's now free because of it? If he's now free what happened to Zamara? Is she free as well or was easily consumed by Ulrezaj essence when trapped on the Crystal? What if the Crystal instead somehow survived the explosion of Shakuras... Where is it? Was it found by someone that freed Ulrezaj from it? All these speculations leave me with only one thing certain... Blizzard didn't pay too attention when destroying Shakuras, or something like "There's also Ulrezaj imprisoned on this planet" would have been taken in consideration... I don't really think that Vorazun had the time to set a squad to Ulrezaj prison to deal with it while her entire planet was being ravaged by hundred of thousand of hybrids and zergDefilerRulez31 Dec 26
Dec 25 Versus AI Hey all, While not Campaign related, but still Single Player related, do any of you play Versus AI? If so, has it been improved over the last, say, half year or so? I started playing again to warm up for playing Versus proper, and I'm very certain the Elite AI is teching and reacting better than it was when I toyed with it earlier in the year. For example, I've noticed the Protoss AI getting and using Disruptors far earlier and more effectively, the AI will now run workers away immediately from Liberation Zones when trying to harass, and it's also getting Colossi faster than I recall. I've also noticed the Terran and Protoss AI expanding to their naturally at more current meta timings now. If it's improved that's not a bad thing at all, just curious if anyone else has noticed this at all. Thanks!Juxtapose5 Dec 25
Dec 22 Sc2 campaign was pretty fun: a comparison To anyone still monitoring these forums: I got SCRemastered during the sale and have been playing through the campaign. I have to say it's better than I remembered it with the cleaned up graphics. While the unit ai drives me crazy (dragoons please) and I wished they uncapped the unit grouping (balanced for 12 is such a silly thing to say), the game is still great. The difficulty however is a little easy though. Easier than I remembered. Even with my save scumming which I always did, the game never gets too hard because the ai rarely sends threats at you. Even if you don't mass up capital ships, you can just rush with upgraded base units. I'm ok with that. It's on the player to finish the map how they want and in what style. Which brings me here to talk about sc2. While I hated the story (Diablo 3 levels of schlock... Underdeveloped characters. rushed, safe, and a very derivative story, ruining what could have been an awesome continuation to brood war)... Did i mention how bad blizzards writing was during that era?... Except alarak. Wonderful new character . Glad they fleshed him out more in Nova's campaign. The gameplay was excellent. Upgrading your army. The variety of maps and interesting objectives. A nice challenge (brutal had some intensely difficult missions) -- especially with some achievements putting you out of your comfort zone, forcing you to take risks you normally wouldn't have (at least for myself who enjoys massing up giantarmy and chopping down every tree and gold mine)... Really well done. The Nova campaign was a real return to form for the story. I actually enjoyed it. And it had some awesome levels... Sadly I don't think Activision will ever green light another mini campaign, but I would buy in if you made one. The coop missions and different commanders arealso a lot of fun. I would have loved if there was a coop campaign created. Alas,I know sc2 is old now, but i have a feeling blizzard will never go back to rts campaigns like that. Which is a shame. Especially seeing how badly Diablo immortal misses the point, I really would hate to have blizzard do what ea did to command and conquer. Anyway. That's all I wanted to say while I wait for my train. Sorry for bad England, I hate texting on phone (just like I hate playing games on it).QED16 Dec 22
Dec 20 New skin system has lore tidbits The new patch has brought a skins tab, and with that a short lore paragraph like they have in Heroes of the Storm. None of it is particularly new information and mostly just flavour lore, I ironically found the pylon to have the most interesting information, although the revelation that Karax's air shooting adept prototypes are intricate handcrafted by Karax to the point that the Daelaam can't mass replicate them is actually fairly interesting The "'origional" or "default" pylon states that the daelaam has already reconstructed their warp matrix, while the "Judicator" pylons are apparently leftover relics that used to adorn The Heart Of The Conclave.Togetic159 Dec 20
Dec 19 easy normal hard brutal damage modifiers Anyone know? I noticed on easy, enemy units do half the normal damage, and on brutal, enemy units did more (maybe double?). Anyone know the modifiers for normal and hard?hurdler15 Dec 19
Dec 16 I think I screwed up my WoL brutal run... So..... I'm by no means a master but I've gotten to the final mission on brutal in WoL (completed every other mission on brutal as well) but I think I might have put myself into an impossible position to win (at lest for my skill level). I opted to get rid of the nydus networks and receive heavy air attacks. The problem is I just get destroyed by brood lords and cannot build defenses that protect both lanes. I opted for the predition turret, orbital command, and zerg slow ray, I finally broke down and looked at some of the tutorials for this and it seems like they rely on the planetary fortress and mind control thingy which I don't have. So my question is, is there any way to change up the research once chosen? If I complete the mission on say hard can I come back later and complete the mission on brutal and still get the brutal campaign award? Finally say I decide to just redo the campaign from scratch to get the research I want and decide to speed run it through on casual or normal just to get through it. Can I then just do the last mission on brutal to get the achievements (seeing as I've already completed the other missions on brutal previously)? Or am I better off just waiting until my skill improves and keep grinding until I get it?CAPSLOCKSON29 Dec 16
Dec 16 DEATH BATTLE! Episode 1 Sons of Korhal Kerrigan vs Nova during Defenders of Man Insurgency! Who do you think would win? (I’ll rest my pick for now.)Bifrost341 Dec 16
Dec 12 please help hello , this is maybe the wrong place to post it , but i couldn't find any other , the problem is small but frustrating, when i do complete the campaigns on a higher difficulty its not updating on my profile ? why not ? is it suppose to only register the first time you go through the game ? please respondgraphic19 Dec 12