Joeyray's Bar

Nov 18, 2015 J.R.B. Online [Community Site] [DONE!!!] Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's finally here! I've pretty much complete our community site! This is the official thread here talking about it and linking to it. Highly rated would be nice :) ... ... ... Here is the site. http://jrbonline.weebly.com/ Also, I need you to stop by here and provide me with some information for the site. http://control.1098167.n5.nabble.com/MEMBER-INFORMATION-REQUIRED-td24.html Also, could I get Zanon to put a lasting link to the site from Zanon's Bar from now on? Use this thread for feedback, compliments, suggestions, and bud reporting. Special thanks to MVP Leviathan for helping me bug scrub! Special thanks to Aldrexus for making this thread a sticky and fixing links! ENJOY THE SITE!!! Duke16 Nov 18, 2015
May 11, 2011 Joeyray's Bar Open for Business There's a war-torn cosmos out there, and the heat of battle can wear on even the most seasoned marshals (or Dominion outlaws if you wanna split hairs). Don't ya sometimes just need a place to go to get away from it all -- a place where you can knock back a cold one and strike up a conversation or two with fellow battle-hardened strangers? Well we're happy to announce Joeyray's Bar is open for business! (You steal ol' Joey's replacement jukebox and you'll wish for a death by zergling ambush.) When you need to step back from the ladder, the achievements, and the action, Joeyray's Bar forum is the place to go to share your own stories set within the StarCraft universe. Dive into the richness of the terran, protoss, and zerg races, the violent political turmoil shrouding the Koprulu Sector, and the (in)famous characters you love... or love to hate. With this new forum, we hope you'll find an outlet to discuss and create your very own StarCraft fan fiction. You have an immense sci-fi universe at your disposal. We want to see your words breathe even more life into it! Original announcement: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2761776Zarhym0 May 11, 2011
May 11, 2011 Welcome: Please Read! Welcome to Joeyray's Bar, a place to share and discuss your own StarCraft fiction! We oblige you to choose whatever platform for sharing a tale or two that suits you best. The denizens of this bar are always anxious for a new story of conflict, calamity, and conquest. Before ol' Joey takes your drink order though, let's cover a few of the basic rules you're expected to abide by while in this establishment. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the StarCraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in the Koprulu Sector!Zarhym1 May 11, 2011
14h Uncertainty So this will probably be more of a 1x1 rp however if people are interested they can join. With that being said, this rp is also going back to before the purge as I have found an unfinished interest is some of my prior characters. If you do not agree with this premises please just ignore this thread. The setting is six months after the final battle with the Splitters. The Splitter army was decimated but with a heavy cost to the sectors defenders. After the battle the group known as Poltergeist has disbanded as much of its resources were spent and the home base was destroyed. Now in regards to characters, I'd prefer that we stick to existing characters that were in Epilogue but new characters could be accepted. Please wait to post.LeKroger216 14h
20h OtH/OtR (IC thread) Link for discussion thread for details. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20753099393#post-18LeKroger111 20h
Aug 9 Whom should Blizz hire to write plot of SC3? Hello friends, As bleak as it may be, some of us - idealistic and naive (speaking of myself) old fans have hope that one day in the not so distant future, a Starcraft game would appear where Blizzard would actually do what they were supposed to do in 2010 and hire a competent writer to write the script for SC2. Alas, back in 2010, Chris Metzen fell into the "George Lucas prequels mode" and did not do that, resulting in a very underwhelming story for the long-awaited amazing sci-fi franchise. Still, sometimes a franchise gets lucky. Force Awakens and Rogue One follow the weak prequels, or Days of Future Past (Rogue Cut) comes out and corrects some damage done by X3, etc. Anyhow, if SC3, or another SC game with legitimately good writing were to be produced, which writer(s) would you feel be good choices to create a solid, epic story that may somehow, potentially, make up for the underwhelming writing of SC2? Examples: (1) Christie Golden - who better than a person who wrote the most SC novels to date? (2) Timothy Zahn - the acclaimed father of the true Star Wars "sequel" novels and the latest author of a SC novel - why not? (3) Gabriel Sorrel - creator of one of the most interesting "sequel" campaigns during the original SC era of late 1990s who created amazing, though unfinished, "War of the Tribes" campaign. (4) James Phinney - the man who probably wrote the story for the original SC. (5) Have one of the "CD Project Red" writers try it out. (5) Gradius from SC legacy website. (6) {your choice here} ~RSBKExecutor5 Aug 9
Aug 6 Nova covert ops soundtrack Just wanna know is there an official Nova covert ops soundtrack? Some of the music during coop missions is really exciting gotta notice! Though I am not sure it is from the Nova mission pack...FrancisWang1 Aug 6
Aug 5 Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 39) Continued from "Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 38) Nova Covert Ops"Zanon396 Aug 5
Aug 2 "The Quote of the Day" "The quote of the day thread is a little tradition of mine. I always start this kind of thread no matter where I go. All that's important is that I become dedicated to that forum and here I am. It may not be the best thread, but it provides a little entertainment for a while, so go ahead. Give your quote of the day and cite the source. Give context if possible. It doesn't matter where it's from. It doesn't need to wise words. Make a movie or game quote if you want. Quote your friends if it pleases you. Leave nothing too obscure out of this thread. Have as many quotes as you want in a day. You don't even need to believe in the idea behind the quote, so go wild." -TheCommander, the Quote of the Day.Zanon353 Aug 2
Jul 9 Darkest Heart Part 4 What had been meant to be a rather short and sweet investigation into the remains of a government fortress quickly turned into a fiasco when the strongest of the Seven Deadly Sins made himself known; Wrath. Tobias and his hunters quickly retreated and fled, though not before a fool-hardy young off-worlder who was with the group attacked the Sin and received a wound as penance. After the group had fled, the Archangel Altun crossed blades with the Sin, clashing with him in a short but powerful battle that forced even Altun to retreat. Upon returning to his mansion, the following week was dedicated to preparing and training by all involved. All that's left is for the threats to resurface and show themselves once more. Table of contents: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/14278268212 PRP: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11537293701?page=1 Part one: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12090629323?page=1 Part two: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12675228789?page=1 Part three: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/14058436875?page=1Zarkun74 Jul 9
Jun 28 Most achievements across 4 servers combined? Hello all, I'm an achievement hunter with roughly 11k achievement on NA and after the release of Stukov in Dec 2016 and the following lull in content released I started playing the other 3 servers for fun to get more "career master finishes" and achievement points. Does anyone in the community know what the highest achievement point total (or master finish total) across all 4 servers combined is? I have roughly 33,000 across all four servers combined now, roughly 11k na and over 7k on the other three. I also have over 100xMaster finishes if counting all 4 combined. I'll count them all up exactly, but, does anyone know? What's the highest Master finish 4 server total and achievement across 4 server total that you guys have heard of?Zolunaria0 Jun 28
Jun 21 4th Dimension: StarCraft Mind Control ... Stay tuned for more episodes!Spartan1 Jun 21
Jun 11 Starcraft:Evolution, the butchering continues You thought the SC story couldn't have gone worse since the epilogue. You thought you were free of that massive torture the SC2 story was. Well, you were wrong. I present to you Starcraft: Evolution ! http://suvudu.com/2016/04/del-rey-books-and-blizzard-entertainment-inc-announce-starcraft%C2%AE-evolution-by-timothy-zahn.html ... Oh my god, I want to cry so hard now. This is even more BS. They're destroying everything we knew about the SC universe. The Zerg are happy and trying to live in peace in a world they rebuilt ?? Wtf ??? Is the writer one of those redheads ??? Oh, and the name is awful too. Dragonball: Evolution anyone ?Urux92 Jun 11
Jun 10 Leovaunt's (unoffical) Starcraft RPG Ruleset Hello, fellow residents of the Koprulu Sector! I hope this is an exciting a day for you as it is for me. I have eagerly been devouring all the information about Legacy of the Void, as I’m sure most of you have. I am Leovaunt. Over the last few years, I have created a table-top roleplaying game for the Starcraft setting. I now want to share it with the world and the community, and let the project grow with the help of my fellow Terrans. All my currently published resources about the Starcraft RPG can be found at the following website: www.leovauntsgamedesign.webs.com. Allow me to first assuage concerns by answering a few questions. ‘Why did you make it?’ Simply, why not? Starcraft was one of my first serious forays into the science-fiction genre. I see it as an optimum setting for a heroic sci-fi roleplaying game. It has a lot going on in the setting: dueling factions, variety of worlds, killer robots, monstrous aliens of all sizes, psychic powers, and enough magical aspects thrown in to make it a science fiction-fantasy hybrid. It is a setting where you can easily have a wide variety of different characters throw in together and start on an epic adventure. I made it so my fellow Terrans could enjoy exploring the universe of Starcraft as I see it, in a zoomed in scale in a manner that is rarely seen by the game. This is not a roleplaying game for the Starcraft games: this is a game for the Starcraft setting. It uses the books, comics, stories, and lore bits from the website to create a game universe that is expansive and real, more than just moving units around a map. However, the setting also allows a view of heroic individuals facing impossible odds and prevailing, like we see in the exploits of great heroes such as Jim Raynor. Of course, this epic project is also my first major public venture as a game designer and a writer. This project is also my resume, so people can see what I can do. ‘Aren’t there already Starcraft roleplaying games?’ Well, yes and no. Obviously, there are plenty of Starcraft roleplaying groups on forums and websites around the world. Some others have even tried to convert other game systems to the Starcraft setting, and there was a little known official Starcraft RPG years ago, if albeit a small one. The way this is different than the forum RPGs, is that this is a structured ruleset. Players can create characters by spending characteristic points to buy skills and attributes. They earn weapons and abilities that have statistical values, and involve dice rolling to make different effects. While the narrative play by post format is awesome, this allows players to roleplay in Starcraft in the classic fashion I grew up with; bunch of fellows around a table with dice, record sheets, and a map. Why is this different from other RPGs that have been put out? If I had to pin a word on it, I would say it’s the scope of the game. Not only is it a zoomed in view of the larger Starcraft universe, but this project covers all angles of game play. Any type of game is playable with this RPG, from detective mysteries, to warfare, to space exploration, espionage, piracy, or simple treasure seeking. The rule set is open ended, allowing players to create whatever type of characters they want, chose from a wide variety of backgrounds appropriate to the setting, and be supported with endless options for character customization. That is the main difference with my system versus the roleplaying games, that this is a set of rules that lays the ground work for a Starcraft setting. It is a set of example game mechanics, relying on dice rolling, which allow a structured yet customizable playing experience. I plan on supporting this project for some time, assuming I have Blizzard’s blessing. ‘Okay, so what is this game like?’ Anyone familiar with d20 roleplaying game systems, such as Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, or Star Wars: Saga Edition, will be able to pick it up fairly quickly, as it uses a twenty-sided dice as its main mechanics. However, it is not a clone copy of such rules. For example, the system ONLY uses twenty-sided dice. Everything in the game can be determined with one type of dice, and usually only one dice roll, making encounters fast and simple. Furthermore, the statistical values of the game are determined in a completely unique manner. More than that, the system is extremely customizable and without a rigid class-like system. Every time a character levels up, they receive a number of statistic points, prowess points, skill points, and a talent. These factors allow complete fine tuning of a character, and the higher level a party is, the more different each character will be from one another. Even better, equipment is varied and adjustable. Almost every item in the game has an equipment tier, everything from flashlights to missile launchers, allowing the character to constantly be seeking better and better items as the campaign goes on. There is no staleness of being stuck with an item for 10 or more levels, as the players will constantly be able to seek out better and better loot. Even vehicles have tiers, so players can upgrade their combat craft as well as their personal items. The game is spread across 20 levels that cover a massive diversity of player power. A level 1 character is little more than a common civilian, and would be quickly ripped apart by a single zergling. A level 20 character is a legendary figure that could take on squads of Dominion Marines single handedly, and can even give pause to the great horrors of the setting, such as terrifying Zerg brood lords and ultralisks. Even psionic powers offer a great deal of flexibility, with every manifestation of a power giving a varied number of ‘power points’ that can be used to customize a psychic power to the exact needs of a character at that moment. But be warned, for there are many enemy psychics in the game, ranging from Terran Ghosts, Zerg Queens, and all manner of Protoss warriors. Only Terrans are available to play as in the game at this moment. I do plan on adding support for additional races as time goes on. ‘How is this going to be released?’ I have created a website where all the details on the roleplaying game will be revealed in a number of files. My first release will be the How to Play Guide, which details the basic mechanics of the game system. This will be followed shortly by the first adventure, the Escape from New Folsom. It pits the players as a group of prisoners trying to escape the planet following that climatic level of the Wings of Liberty Campaign. This will be accompanied by a series of pre-generated 2nd level characters to start on the adventure. The adventures of these escaped prisoners will continue in future adventure detachments that will send them all over the sector and beyond. Also there will be supplement releases so anyone playing the system can make their own characters, and eventually there will be support for Game Masters to create their own campaigns and stories. All of this is a fan-made project, and will be completely free of charge. As usual, all creative rights to the Starcraft setting, including names, locations, and species, are the property solely of Blizzard Entertainment, whom I by no means represent. ‘What other work have you done?’ I have created my own personal universe known as the Stellar Realms, which is the setting for my Heroes of Keshan series of novellas. To learn more about my setting and find links to my published stories, go to www.legacyofheroesportal.com. You can find my published stories on the amazon kindle store. To find my website with my introduction files, go to www.leovauntsgamedesign.webs.com.Leovaunt3 Jun 10
May 23 Austinites here? Anyone from ATX here wanna meetup and play some Star Craft? Teams, and goofing around and etc. My skill level is at gold leagueRivm0 May 23
May 14 hTx VS Confed hTx (Heretics) clan war today will be live on twitch @ 5PM PST / 8PM EST vs Confed! Please tune in on twitch @ www.twitch.tv/tweetotv and https://www.twitch.tv/ragepotayto - There will be commentary overtop of the gameplay and also twitch features such as chat, etc. - Don't be a stranger! come by and support some SC2 good times!Defy0 May 14
May 14 hTx VS Confed hTx (Heretics) clan war today will be live on twitch @ 5PM PST / 8PM EST vs Confed! Please tune in on twitch @ www.twitch.tv/tweetotv and https://www.twitch.tv/ragepotayto - There will be commentary overtop of the gameplay and also twitch features such as chat, etc. - Don't be a stranger! come by and support some SC2 good times!Defy0 May 14
May 10 Roll 2 Dodge: Thombie Apocalithp In this thread, players may in their posts Attempt to do things. An attempt could be anything from trying to Spawn Moar Overlords to eating cake to conquering the earth. All could potentially be fatal, or could make you rich! I (or another qualified person) will roll a die to determine your level of success. https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm Providing example: Bob: I attempt to cook a pot of soup. Roll 1, lethal failure. Bob's soup is so bad that he dies instantly and his body is charred to ashes on the spot. Bob is now ashes: Dead. Roll 2, failure. Bob's soup tastes awful, so bad he begins vomiting violently. Bob is now Vulnerable. Roll 3, grey area. Bob eats a bowl of the soup, but it's not appealing. He leaves the rest. Bob is now either Fine or Vulnerable, dependent on magnitude of attempt. Cooking soup is mundane. He is Fine. Roll 4, success. Bob makes a delicious soup. He eagerly eats it all. Bob is now Fine. Roll 5, great success. Bob's soup is so good he opens a soup restaurant, which is immediately successful. Bob is Good. Roll 6, extreme success. Bob's soup is fantastic! It raises his psionic index by 2 and gives him eternal life. Bob is Great. You may get tags from actions. THis is what they mean. Keep in mind that I might not enforce them if I take pity on you, get irritated by you, or am simply too lazy. Tag scale: Exiled - out of the game unless someone specifically summons him. Cannot roll. Dead - could be revived accidentally or on purpose. -2 to all rolls. Injured - not in the best shape. -1 to all rolls. Vulnerable - off balance. -1 to Dodges. Fine - nothing wrong here. Good - feels pretty good. +1 to all rolls. Great - things are going very well. +2 to all rolls. Giddy - sick with happiness. +3 to non-Dodge rolls. Prepared - ready for anything. +2 to Dodges. Godlike - SOMEBODY STOP HIM! +3 to all rolls. Cannot be Killed, Exiled, or Injured. All players begin Fine. If higher than Fine, will lose one rank each turn. If lower, action must be taken to raise rank. If someone Attempts to do something nasty to you, you have to Roll 2 Dodge. The die will be rolled for you to determine how much damage you suffer, if any. In addition to being a qualified operator of the Dice of Power, I also represent the Celestial Court, to which you can appeal if you are Exiled for a couple of turns or if you feel you've been wronged. Qualified Rollers: The Original Trio Zanon KnarledOne Animus ShadowFury *tentative* *Note that each roller may use a variant of the rules. Anyone else who thinks they have what it takes may apply to the Celestial Court for a chance at Rolling the Dice. If "we" like your work you could become qualified. Make your Attempts.KnarledOne175 May 10
May 2 StarCraft 2: Redux By now, If you've seen some of my posts that is, you probably have guessed that I not what one would call a fan of StarCraft 2. A couple of months ago, I made a post where I laid out a general outline for how I think StarCraft 2 should have gone, and generally people seemed to like me ideas. Someone on another forum who I talked to, who I showed them my idea, said "Why don't you actually make this a campaign using the editor." To which I said "Because my retarded !@# can barely use the internet without something going wrong." I am not tech savvy, to say the least. So he then recommend I try looking for people who are, and ask around for anyone who'd be willing and able to help. And that's what I'm doing now. As of today, since then, I've been reworking my outline, this project of mine would consist on 3 campaigns, Zerg, Protoss and Terran in that order, 12 missions each. I've designed the first 8 maps for the Zerg campaign and have written out, up to the 4th mission, the general events and dialog. But now I need to find the person/persons that can help make this idea of mine into a reality. (I need to find my spirit warriors, A+ to whoever gets that reference.) So if you have even a passing interest, and would like to know more, just to see if what I've been working on is worth your time and effort then let me know here. Let's make StarCraft great again.Scuro119 May 2
May 1 Starcraft 2 streamers Hey everyone. I'm looking for the section where i can post/talk about streams and broadcasting starcraft2. I just want to engage with the streaming community and learn streaming tips to help me grow. I am very new to streaming but i like the pass time. Hypothetically i have already been passing time like streamers do for the last year as a chill, consistent gamer that likes to talk and watch games. I'm a university student living away from home so i have more opportunities with my time to engage and develop a stream. I think there is a lot of fun to be had and i'm already having fun. - a redirect to the proper forum or some streamer discussion here would be rad! - if you like starcraft2 and broodwar streams please follow my channel! it's free and easy! - Join in on hTx clan observing with us as we talk starcraft strategy and have a few laughs over some 1v1 melee matches from clan members!\ https://www.twitch.tv/tweetotvDefy1 May 1
Apr 23 Making Starcraft II Great Again (This post is a transcript of a (fictional) recorded phone interview that took place between an anonymous Starcraft II balance team member and an anonymous Bronze-level player (operating under the alias John Miller), who offered a large sum of money in return for several minutes of the employee’s time and the guarantee that his demands would be passed on to the game’s lead balance designer David Kim.) Blizzard Entertainment: Alright, let’s get this over with. Who are you, and what do you want? John Miller: Let me tell you. I know a lot about games, alright? I should know; I’m a member of the Gaming Hall of Fame. Now, I think Starcraft II is a good game. It’s a good game, but it’s not a great game, if you know what I mean. But I think that I could help make it a great game. Blizzard Entertainment: How? John Miller: Let me explain. I’m someone who is a big fan of the franchise. I have been for many years, and I like to think that I know quite a bit about it. I played Brood War back in the eighties, and let me tell you; that was a great game. I’ve had a lot of experience with it; I’ve had a lot of experience with both Starcrafts. I think Starcraft II’s designers could benefit from my experience. From what I’ve seen, they need all the help they can get. Blizzard Entertainment: Okay. John Miller: Let me start by talking about deathballing. Don’t get me started about deathballing. It’s bad news. You don’t want to talk to me about deathballing. It hurts the game; it hurts the gameplay. I’ve seen it happen. There was a game I played about a few months ago where my entire army massed itself into one giant deathball and was just wiped out by the enemy Colossi. Completely obliterated. You wouldn’t have seen that happen back in Brood War, I guarantee it. That I can guarantee. Blizzard Entertainment: And splitting your Marines didn’t work? John Miller: There were too many of them. There was nothing I could have done. Just thirty seconds, and it was all over. It was all over. There wasn’t any time. If you don’t mind I’m going to talk about Colossi for a little while, is that alright with you? Blizzard Entertainment: Sure, but– John Miller: Now, the Colossi, the Colossi are the real problem. They’re the perfect example of bad unit design. Apart from maybe the Disruptor. Yeah, the Disruptor’s pretty bad too. Maybe worse. Probably not, though. Now Reavers, if you added Reavers back in, that would fix everything. Here’s my suggestion: remove the Colossi and the Disruptor, and add Reavers back in. That’d be guaranteed to fix everything wrong with Protoss at the moment. I don’t know. Maybe not. Blizzard Entertainment: Alright, but what about– John Miller: You know, Protoss suffers from a lot of problems right now. It’s simply too powerful. I guarantee, every singe game I’ve had to play against Protoss, I’ve lost. It needs a nerf. The race is simply too powerful. You can’t win against them. It’s impossible. I should know; I’ve tried. Blizzard Entertainment: Actually, Protoss balance is pretty good right now. There are some thing’s we’d like to try, of course, but– John Miller: Wrong! That’s not true. Protoss is grossly unbalanced, and you know it. Everyone knows it. I assume that David Kim knows it. He just can’t admit it, because then it would be an admission of guilt. Blizzard Entertainment: Actually– John Miller: I’m not afraid to admit it. I’m not afraid to admit it, and that’s what makes me perfect for the role of lead balance designer. David Kim is a terrible balance designer. I were in charge of balancing this game, I would balance it so well, you just would not be able to believe how well the balance would be. David Kim hasn’t balanced a game in his life. It’s time for people to open their eyes and see who’s really cut out for this job. Just you wait. I’ve got all kinds of ideas for what to do with the balance; great ideas. In fact, I just had another one right now. Blizzard Entertainment: Uh-huh. John Miller: First thing I’m going to do when I become balance designer is give both the Zerg and the Protoss nukes. It’s a good decision; the Terran race is simply too powerful in that respect without giving the nukes to everyone else. Everyone except Protoss. It makes sense Lore-wise too. I think it would be in the Terrans’ best interests to give the Zerg nukes, because it’s a bad universe out there and you have no idea what might happen. That way if something else were to happen like, say, the End War, then both races would be better prepared to deal with it. I happen to know that a lot of people are asking for this. Blizzard Entertainment: I... Don’t think I’ve ever heard that request before. John Miller: Let me just get this straight: I have lots of friends who are Zerg and Protoss players. I know what I’m talking about. And I happen to know for a fact that they all want this. Blizzard Entertainment: There aren’t currently plans to give Zerg nukes. Zerg balance is in a pretty good place right now. Of course, that doesn’t mean we won’t be considering drastic balance changes for future iterations of the game, but– John Miller: Wrong! The Zerg race is currently in state of terrible, terrible imbalance. It’s too weak. I’ve been playing Zerg for years now, and I’ve lost nearly every match. Zerg needs a major redesign if it’s going to proceed as a viable race. If I were balance designer, the first thing I would do is give Zerg the Leviathans and Brutalisks from the campaign. Blizzard Entertainment: Thanks for the suggestion, but those units were never designed to be in multiplayer. If they were added now with the current game balance, they– John Miller: Now, to conclude what I was saying: There’s a lot of problems with Protoss right now. There’s a lot of problems with Protoss, and it’s going to be very difficult to sort them all out. It’s not the kind of thing where you can just make a single change and fix everything; it’s the kind of thing where it’s going to take months of developing and testing to sort it all out. Blizzard Entertainment: But you just said that putting Reavers back in would fix everything. John Miller: That’s not true. I never said that. What I did say was that replacing the Colossus and the Disruptor with the Reaver would fix everything. And it will. But I’m done talking about that.Nedia2 Apr 23
Apr 17 Starcraft: Enumerate The Concept of SC:EN is to be one based off of the ideals of establishment and rewriting a universe completely of its outcomes and history. Following the concepts of the First Game and the Manual, with some elements of the Brood War Expansion, the entire thing follows a change of history, where the outcomes of the Three Races, the All Resilient Terrans, the All Powerful Protoss, and the All Mighty Zerg, as the combat each other in the Korpulu Sector and beyond, reaching towards an endless war where the Three Races strive for their own goals, reaching towards a change that will inevitably change not only the three races, but the stars themselves. This is not a campaign, rather a ‘universe that holds a large amount of different campaigns’. With there being plenty of things to tell of Pre-Great War, Great War, Brood Wars, and Beyond. There will be many settings in which the Three Races will be part of, with the first being majority wise Terrans and Zerg, and later the Protoss becoming also a major part of the story in terms of higher quantity. This is to tell of the different changes and settings established for all three races. Timeline Ideals - http://acidiccook.deviantart.com/art/Starcraft-Timeline-536455615 Table of Index Post #2 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#2 Zerg - The Overmind - - Psionic Capabilities - - Biological Capabilities - - The Knowledge it Holds - - Personality of the Overmind - - Outcome of the Overmind - The Cerebrates - - Individual Cerebrates - - Coma State - - Psionic Potential Post #3 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#3 - The Cerebrates (cont.) - - Classes of Cerebrates/Broods (Umojan) - - Classes of Broods (Confederacy) - - The Connection - - Feral Zerg - - Feral Brood - The Overlord - - Senses - - Transportation - - Connection to the Cerebrates Post #4 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#4 - Overlord (cont.) - - Endurance and Control - - Aged Overlords - Queen - - Hive Structure - - Classes of Queens - - Parasite Types - - Powers of the Queen - Defiler - - Use for the Swarm - - Chemicals based on Strain - - Consumation - Mutalisk - - Different Morphs (New Units) Post #5 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#5 - Scourge - - Short Flight - - Ground Bombardment - Creep Colony - - Creep Colony Metamorphosis - Hatcheries and its Kin - - Relationship to Overlords - - Different Hive Structures - Hydralisk - - Lurkers and its Cousins (New Units) - Scyllisk, Stactling, and Morralisk (New Units) - - Scyllisk - - Stactling - - Morralisk - - Other Special Strains - Assimilated Terran - - Conexus - - Commisceo Page #6 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#6 - Assimilated Terran (cont.) - - Pararius - New Overmind(s) Page #7 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#7 - TL;DR Zerg Page #8 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#8 - Terran - Powerhouses of the Korpulu Sector - - Confederacy - - Umojans - - Kel-Morian Combine - - Newfound Dominion Kel-Morian Combine - Pirate Subfactions - - Jolly Rogers - - Rebellions - - Mercenaries - - Conclusion Page #9 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#9 - Kel-Morian Politics - - Conducator - - Overseer - - Assistant Overseer - Kel-Morian Security Forces (New Units) - - Marines - - Enforcers - - Goliaths - - Vultures - - Larua - - Formido - - The Following Page #10 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#10 - Kel-Morian Military Force - - Reapers - - Dreadnaught - - Vindicator - - Nuclear Missile - - Kelanis Orbital Mine - - Morian Orbital Mine - - Generals of the Military - Kel-Morian Structures - - Command Centre - - Refinery - - Supply Depot - - Engineering Bay - - Barracks - - Icehouse - - Academy - - Factory - - Armoury - - Starports - - Physics Facility - - Missile Turret - - Bunker - Kel-Morian Miners Page #11 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#11 Umojans - Marine Corps (New Units) - - Sword Marine - - Shield Marine - - Mace Marine - - Rule of Left Suits - The Armoured Core (New Units) - - Aleksandrushka UGV Miniature Tanks - - - Leopard Variant - - - Jaguar Variant - - - Cheetah Variant - - Fyodor Orlov Siege Tank - Naval Core - - Valkyrie Frigate - - Freyja Starfighter - - Yorith Battlecruiser - - Dropship Page #12 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#12 - Specialist Core - - Shadowguard - Scientific Establishment - - Pro-Chemical and Physics R&D - - Bio-Mechanical R&D - - Mechanical and AI R&D - Research & Advancement Accomplishments - - Proto-Synethetic Apathon (New Unit) - - Caballero Walker (New Unit) Page #13 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#13 - Research & Advancement Accomplishments (Cont) - - Larvae's Metamorphosis - - - Aberrant - - Different Researches during Pre-Great War - - - Zergling Strain Pens - - - Zergling Breed Manipulation - - - Spawning Pool Research - - - Drone Mutational Process - - - Overlord Research - - Biological Weaponry - - - Anti-Hive Cancer - - - Anti-Hive Necrosis - - - Anti-Hive Spores - - Hivemind-Related Devlelopment Tech - - - Psi-Collar - - - Psi-Overlord - - - Confederate's Tech - - Psi-Tech Development - - - Cyberlord - - - Metalord (New Unit) - - - Psi-Disruptor - - - Psi-Collars - - Establishments made by Bio-Mech R&D - - - Overlord Farms - - - SCHMD-G4 Experiment - - - Slave Fleet - - - Mobile Science Fortress - - Mechanical and AI R&D - - - Predator (New Unit) Page #14 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#14 - NF Standalone Turrent Division - - Nuclear Reactor - - AC-AA Turret - - AH-AA Turret - - AL-AA Turret - - Siege Turret - - AL-AU Turret - - AH-AG Turret - - Ion Cannon - - Sentry Martyrs - Umojan Protectorate Structures - - Command Centre - - Supply Depot - - Refinery - - Engineering Bay - - Barracks - - Physics Centre - - Shadowhelm - - Factory - - Remote-Control Satellite Station - - Armoury - - Starport - - Turret Battery Core - Umojan Protectorate Miners - Umojan Protectorate Leaders Page #15 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#17 Terran Confederacy - Old Families - - The Beauregard Family - - The Breckinridge Family - - The Buchanan Family - - The Buckner Family - - The Cleburne Family - - The Cockrell Family - - The Duke Family - - The Forrest Family - - The Hampton Family - - The Mahone Family - - The Mengsk Family - - The Pemberton Family - - The Ramseur Family - - The Wheeler Family - Korpulu Squadrons - - Alpha - - Beta - - Delta - - Gamma - - Epsilon - - Omega - - Zeta - - Nova Page #16 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#18 - Colonial Magistrate - Confederate Armed Forces - - Marine Corps - - Vulture Boke - - Goliath - - Siege Tank - - Siege Battery - - Wraith - - Dropship - - Leviathan-Classed Battlecruiser - - Behemoth-Classed Battlecruiser - - Ziz-Classed Battlecruiser - - Science Vessel - Nuclear Weaponry - - Ghost - - Armageddon-Classed Nuclear Missile - - Apocalypse-Classed Nuclear Missile - - Cataclysm-Classed Nuclear Missile - - Holocaust-Classed Nuclear Missile - Terran Covert Ops - - Ghost Program - - - Electronic Soldiers - - - Psionic Assassins - - - Secret Police - Confederacy and Science - - Confederate Psionic Research - - - Psi-Emitter - - - Neural Resocialized - - - Psi Disruptor - - Electronic Research - - Nuclear Research - - As a Whole Post #17 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#19 Terran Dominion - The Old Families - Confederate Remnants - Deal with the Kel-Morian Combine - Umojan Restrain - Enforcing Law - Extermination of the Ghost Program - Raynor's Raiders - Capital and the Dominion - The Concept of the Terran Post #18 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=1#20 The Protoss Protoss of the Void - History of the Outcasts - Argus Crystal - Tresu'loth - - Tresulla - - Flosklish - - Barrgurgon - - Stra'loth - Xel'Naga Artefact - Void Language - Xel'Naga World Ship - - Circles of Truth - - Circles of Fight - - Circles of Meditation - - Circles of Knowledge - - Circles of Flight - - Circles of Skin Post #19 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=2#22 - Void Tribes - - Boros - - Bor'Ichu - - Bor' Bastruga - - Bor'Rychanga - - Bor’Isallar - - Bor’Nyon - - Drashaka - - Grothsamar - - Groth’Kasarr - - Groth’Dag - - Groth’Dag’Hassatar - - Groth’Claggoth’Carro’Passolon - - Lenassa - - Lena’Drasha - - Lena’Grasso - - Lena’Hassoloth - - Lena’Krath - - Lena’Strass - - Zuroth Post #20 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=2#23 - The Void - - Tenants of the Void - - The Schools - - Meditation - - Self-Severance - - Tribal Leader - The Unity from the Great War (New Units) - - The Serf - - The Acolyte - - The Sentinel - - - Walker Form - - - Battery Form - - - Turret Form - - - - Electricity - - - - Plasma - - - - Storm - - - Shield Form - - - - Cloaking - - - - Shielding - - - - Hallucination - - - Warp Form - - Lenassa Warrior - - Lena'Drasha Sorcerer - - Lena'Krath Fighter - - Lena'Grasso Raider - - Lena'Grasso Corsair - - Drashaka Maro - - Lenassa Starseeker - - Boros Warrior - - Bor'Ichu Link Master Post #21 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=2#24 - Unity from the Great War (cont.) - - Drashaka Hunter - - Groth'Dag Rider - - Groth'Kasarr Knight - - Zuroth Meditation Orb - Structures of the Void - - Vorota - - Gur - - Servant Factory - - Furmigator - - Circles of Truth - - Circles of Fight - - Circles of Meditation - - Circles of Knowledge - - Circles of Flight - - Circles of Skin Post #22 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=2#25 Protoss of the Khala - Castes - - Judicator Caste - - Templar Caste - - Khalai Caste - Conclave - Khala - Khaydarin Crystal Post #23 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=2#26 - The ProtossMass - - Nexus - - Assimilator - - Pylon - - Gateway - - Stargate - - Robotics Facility - - Forge - - Cybernetic Core - - Citadel of Adun - - Robotics Supply Bay - - Observatory - - Templar Archive - - Judicator Assembly - - Fleet Beacon - - Arbiter Tribunal - - Photon Cannon - - Warp Cannon - - Shield Battery - Protoss Warriors - - Zealots (Unchanged) - - Dragoons (Unchanged) - - Praestes - - High Templar - - Sactraton - - Vicilian - - Scout (Unchanged) - - Carrier - - Aquila - - Noctua - - Scrix - - Arbiter Post #24 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=2#27 - Protoss Warriors (cont.) - - Sentry - - Observer (Unchanged) - - Shuttle (Unchanged) - - Reaver (Unchanged) - - Adherent - - Super Carriers (Unchanged) Protoss of the Pre-Aeon of Strife Post #25 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=2#29 The World of the Korpulu and Beyond Terrains and Doodads - Resources - - Blue Mineral Field - - Yellow Mineral Field - - Red Mineral Field - - Green Mineral Field - - Black Mineral Field - - Brown Mineral Field - - Silver Mineral Field - - Large Vespene Geyser - - Medium Vespene Geyser - - Small Vespene Geyser - - Organic Vespene Critter Post #26 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=2#30 - Worlds of the Milky Way - - Orange Desert World - - Blue Desert World - - Volcanic World - - Ice World - - Asteroid Belt - - Lunar Moon - - Gas Planets - - Khala Space Platform - - Terran Space Platform - - Terran Installation - - Protoss Installation - - Terran Terraformed World - - Protoss Terraformed World Post #27 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=2#31 Critters - Terran Critters - - Alpacon - - Callux - - Camullin - - Dreedhorn - - Gout - - Gayulla - - Water Buphaloon - - Yackayack - - Bysadon - - Koya - - Honey Bee - - Addux - - Boarkyn - - Rhynadon - - Vermoon - Protoss Critters - - Bengalaas - - Tipacurra - - Calgorrianu - - Corwulocks - - Leck'Ruugu - - Ta'Ta - - Gr'rothbag - - Crassitudino - - Crassitituu - - Spissuu - - Credcrab - - Turror Post #28 - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/17606004934?page=2#32 Terrain Effects - UI/Gameplay Changes - Reasons for ChangesToxicDefiler73 Apr 17
Mar 30 Corporate Law, Redux, (OOC) (Credit to Artificial For original, he came up with it, I'm just changing it some and redoing it.) The year is 2360, Earth. The planet is, well, its pretty much a hurricane of political figures, firebrands, and, the main players, Corporations! Corporations have seized control of large areas, with outlands were they don't control, and Technology has advanced. Theirs a Lunar colony, consisting of three Large interconnected cities, Alpha, Beta, and Theta, Who are independent and responsible for a lot of minerals and materials, Zero Degree freezers, Psychics, Commercial space flight, Advanced A.I, its there. But the granddaddy of weapons, Antimatter, is hotly debated and controlled loosely by a clause of a U.N treaty that The corporations respect.... So far. With global Warming already done and over with, scarce earthly rescources, and wars... Its a powder keg. (Clause, for reference: IX: No country Or corporation shall use Antimatter on Another country's civilian Population Without Due Warning.) Anyway, The main flashpoint now, is Demigods. They are massive expenses, whole cites worth of money and manpower put into make them, but there worth it. They take human ingenuity and creativity, The Power of a Superhero from a comic, and Whatever Advanced technology the corporation has, And They throw it all into a Blender, mix it up, let it age for a few centuries like a fine wine, then add in some illegal stimulants. That's my best way to describe what a demigod is, other than this: Most corporations have one, some are still developing theirs, And One Outlands Nation (To either be chosen by me if no one makes a outlands Char and controlled by me, or Randomly picked from among Outlands Players through some procceses I come up with) Has managed to procure one. So, lets get down to business Corporation App: Corporation Name: History: Corp Leader Name: Could be the charimen, CEO, pres, whatever. Your main Guy.(Or Girl) Country: Pick a non claimed country to control, or specifiy a Area, ill work up a map when we have a lot of applicants to show who has what. Demigod: Explanation On what Your demigod is our will be, has to align with the corps Area of expertise, Ex: A Robotics Corp Will have A super robot cybernetic warrior demigod, or someone with telepathic control over Cybernatics. Area of Expertise: What services the Corp provides, what tech its specializes in, stuff like that. Government: How its ruled, Meritocracy, Democracy, Etc. Flag: Optional Outlands Nation App: Country: What the outlands nation is, you can either pick a country that no one has, and be that country, or you can pick a area of the globe that no one has and Either make up a country for it or make it the remnants of a Present day Country. Leader: Self-Explanatory History: Demigod: Put what your demigod would be, if I chose you for it, you have lots of freedom for what it is, since your not restricted by Your Area of Expertise, but It has to be Less powerful then The Corporate ones. More versatile but less powerful. Flag: Optional Stance: What its stance on Corporations and other outlands nations is. Government: How its ruled, Meritocracy, Technocracy, Democracy, Etc. Okay, That should be all, My first time hosting on here, but I did some on the wow rp forums, so hopefully I can Do this. Ill get my Corporation up on the Accepted page, and edit it to have those corporations and outlands Accepted.you49 Mar 30
Mar 24 Unit Sizes, Rough Estimates I am using this chart as a reference: http://xiaorobear.deviantart.com/art/StarCraft-to-Scale-575265589 It is in the Field Manual and is Blizzard approved I believe. It's the closest thing to "official" we have. Credit to xiaorobear aka Robert Rose for this image, being the artist and the Field Manual written by Rick Barba. So I was bored and decided to try and extrapolate the sizes of all the units. So for the ground and air units, I basically used the Warhound as a reference. I believe it was stated to be 7 m tall, so going off of that, I came up with these: Ground Units (These are heights unless otherwise stated): Marine: 2.1 m SCV: 3.5 m Hellion: Length: 4.2 m, Height: 2.8 m Arclite Siege Tank: 4.2 m Goliath: 4.2 m Cyclone: 5.6 m Siege Tank (Siege Mode): 4.9 m Viking (Assault Mode): 6.3 m Warhound: 7m Thor: 16.8 m Probe (Length): 3.15 m Zealot: 2.4 m Dragoon: 2.8 m Stalker: 4.2 m Disruptor: Length: 5.6 m, Height: 4.9 m Archon: 6.65 m Dark Archon: 7 m Colossus: 46.2 m Reaver: Length: 14 m, Height: 6.3 m Zergling: 1.4 m Broodling (Length): 2.8 m Drone (Length): 3.5 m Hydralisk: 3.5 m Queen: 4.2 m Infestor: Length: 7 m, Height: 4.9 m Lurker: Length: 9.8 m, Height: 6.3 m Ravager: 7 m Swarm Host: Length: 12.6 m, Height: 8.4 m Ultralisk: 19.6 m Air Units (These are lengths unless otherwise stated): Banshee: 8.4 m Viking (Fighter Mode): 8.4 m Wraith: 11.2 m Liberator: 23.1 m Valkyrie Missile Frigate: 25.2 m Medivac Dropship: 25.2 m Observer: 2.8 m Interceptor: 7 m Oracle: 14 m Corsair: 14 m Phoenix: 19.6 m Scout: 22.4 m Warp Prism: 25.2 m Shuttle: 25.2 m Overlord: 15.4 m Overseer: 14 m Brood War Queen: 6.3 m Scourge: 4.9 m Mutalisk (Height): 4.9 m Corruptor: 16.8 m Brood Lord: 28 m Viper: 17.5 m Guardian: 14 m Devourer: Length: 7 m, Height: 11.2 m Now of the capital ships, thankfully they have a 1 km reference line, so going off of that, I came up with this: Capital Ships: Raven: 62.5 m Arbiter: 125 m Science Vessel: 500 m Void Ray: 625 m Tempest: 1 km Carrier: 1.5 km Battlecruiser: 1 km Mothership: 3.25 km Leviathan: 10.5 km Spear of Adun: 74.5 km Anyways, sorry for the big post, but that's just some food for thought. As you can probably tell, I didn't do every single unit, just the ones that stood out or I found to be the most common (like Marine or Zergling). Just found it interesting, and hope others do to. Like I said though, these are just rough estimates, I know Blizzard doesn't really have any "official" numbers, and these can be changed or retconned anyways in the future. Well, hope you found this interesting. =)Collater2 Mar 24
Mar 23 Samuel Duran. Where did he go? Soooo Forgive me if this is played out in the campaign, (I haven't finished HOTS and LOTV)But what ever happened to the mysterious Samuel Duran from Brood War? Let me know if the answers I seek are in The Campaign!GrimReaper7 Mar 23
Mar 23 Table of Contents - Darkest Heart My attempt to set up a decent table of subplot contents in the Part 3 thread failed due to the character count limit. I will attempt to maintain a complete list of major subplots and a literary map assisting any who wishes to read them in this thread. This thread has some other purposes, too. 1. Zanon and Zarkun have both endeavored to create Monster Manuals for Darkest Heart. They may post and maintain them here, to maintain a center of information on Darkova. 2. Character biographies can be stored here as well by any who wish to add their character to this database. Clarification: NOT character sheets. Biographical entries only, please. 3. The PRP thread is used for character creation and plot-planning activities, and the RP thread is used (naturally) for RPing. This thread, then, is the perfect place to put other Darkest Heart related discussions. Anyone who appreciates the literary talents and efforts of their fellow DH authors should feel free to say so here. Anyone who finds a particular plot interesting should feel free to discuss its nuances here. Finally, anyone who writes for Darkest Heart and wants to know how they can improve should request feedback here. That is all. Hopefully this will provide a single, centralized location for all activities not directly related to the plot or the PRP thread. Table of the Table of Contents' Contents. Inquisition of a Liar: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/14278268212#2 A Tale of Two Blades. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/14278268212#3 Chronicles of Hunger. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/14278268212#4 Monster Compendium (v.4). http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/14278268212#8KnarledOne28 Mar 23
Mar 7 SAPICE VIATUSSE TUN ( space conducting ) What about some new era thinking ??? make a profit out of a stable thought by your own way by visualizing what you want with your head and put some of your own knowledge and whats economy worthy to put in the concept that you are vizualazing !!!!! THEN KEEP CONCENTRATE and think the only F***CK WORDZ THAN GOD GIVED TO ME !!!!!!!!! CREATE --- ( i mean when your done vizualising just say create..... then youll see the difference of good old wisdom from me and myself and everything i have that comes to you as the Creator of the realm... ) ENJOY CREATING HUMANOID FROM EARTH !!!! ¨ this was a message send by Davie Pelletier from Québec to uprise vizion about what you can do by yourself with a little of bit help From Me... THX and have a nice weekFulGOr2 Mar 7
Mar 4 On the Hunt/ On the Run (OtH/ OtR) So rebooting this RP to see if it will last a little longer and tap some people's potential. It will be as before but limited to 2 ghosts for the hunters per group of 5. For active non-npc runners I would prefer to not more than seven at a time but if need be we can have more. There will be an open position for a merc company under employ of the Dominion and limited to a group of no more than 6, not including the commander, for the time being Merc commander will be determined before the any others for the group will be accepted. Merc commander will have some input on who is in and who is not. This Rp will be taking place probably around five years after the great war which should put it right around the time of WoL and HotS, so all points of lore up to HotS is acceptable. Any further questions feel free to ask. More to be posted please wait to post.LeKroger20 Mar 4
Feb 16 Ursa Academy. So this rp take place six months before the UED assault on Ursa. Characters are ghost trainees between the ages of 13 and 15 all just starting at the academy. Your PI shouldn't be higher than 8 and obviously no lower than 5. Your gear will be basic ghost gear. You may have some personal items but nothing like personal weapons or armor. The set up for their training is as a team, and unless we have enough people there will only be one team. There is one open slot for an instructor that will be working with my NPC, but can be made an NPC if no one wants it. Later when the UED is nearing the assault, probably two months before, there will be openings for positions there. With the trainees back story I would like to see how they came to the academy. Did their parents send them? Were they caught by a wrangler? Did someone turn their parents over for trying to hide their child's gifts? I will reserve the next three spaces then I would like to post your ideas on this and character sheets if you are participating. [Edit:] Changed the time from ten months to six due to timelines.LeKroger9 Feb 16
Feb 14 The Fists of Animus (short story) Updated Weekly! I swear I'll be consistent! ======== “Prelate, we have received word from the Hierarch. He has authorized this mission.” Razuc’s eyes opened slowly. The dark templar sent his thoughts through the ship’s communicator. “So, he has made his choice. I pray it is the right one. Azora, are all my warriors accounted for?” “Yes Prelate, all of them are inside the ship. If there is nothing else, shall we head for our destination? “Set our course. I will give the order to set off. The sooner we bring in our target the better.” Razuc paused for a moment. Rare was it that he felt so restless upon meditating. Such a delicate mission entrusted to him by the Hierarch himself weighed heavily upon Razuc’s shoulders. Yet, for the sake of peace for his people Razuc knew he could not fail. Razuc left his room and made his way towards the ship’s bridge. The crew had already assembled; most of them anyway. Razuc knew them all, he fought alongside many of them and they were all experienced and skilled fighters. He sat down on his seat and nodded towards Azora, his second in command. “Setting course for Mar’desa. We are off the ground. Estimated time of arrival will be half an hour. Cloaking fields will be engaged once we are on the other side” Azora stated, turning to him. Razuc pressed a button on his terminal, popping open a screen for everyone in the room to see. “You have all agreed to this rather dangerous mission,” began the Prelate as he began to link his thoughts with all the personnel in the room, “and I am sure you all know what we are going to be dealing with. However, let me go over the situation once more.” The screen showed the image of an immortal operator. What stood out the most out of the warrior’s shattered body was his eyes. They were bloodshot, unrelenting and furious, with a gaze so intense it even disquieted the Prelate when he first saw the image. “An immortal by the name of Animus has gathered a significant number of followers for his xenophobic and militaristic shilling. His dogma harks back to the days when the Protoss Empire was in its Golden Age, not as explorers but conquerors. Those dissatisfied with our current administration more…diplomatic ways have all flocked towards him.” “The Hierarch has offered many times to try and work things out but each time, it was rejected harshly. The last straw was them raiding a Protoss shipyard and making off with several of our warships. Luckily, no one actually died in that incident.” “Now what makes this particular Protoss hard to catch is that he and his followers don’t stay in one place for long. If I had to describe it, the Fists of Animus are more akin to space pirates. Yes, I think that’s a fitting description for them. We’ve recently got a tip that he is staying in Mar’desa. For what reason, I do not know. But this is our best chance to apprehend him. Without their leader, it is our hope that his group falls apart without their leadership.” Razuc was silent once more. Spilling Protoss blood was never easy. When the Dark One took control of the Khalai, he had slain several close friends in self-defense before realizing he could cut their nerve cords to sever their connection to the Khala. Then there was the final battle at Aiur… “The Hierarch is hesitant to spill more Protoss blood. Truthfully, so am I. However, if things go wrong, be prepared to fight against our brethren once more. Those in the council are worried he can plunge us back into war, be it against the Zerg or Terran or even with ourselves.” We cannot have someone like Animus threaten the peace we have worked so hard to achieve and maintain. Not when his movements suggests a mobilization for a possible war. And so we will take him in, dead or alive.”Animus0 Feb 14
Feb 7 Corporate Law Redux (IC) The World was On the brink, of War. Politicians Raved, corporations schemed, and the common person Suffered, Mused Morgan O'Neil At Corporate HQ In Belfast. He picked up the picture of him, his son, and his grandson smiling outside of Tara, taken just one month before he perished.... He sighed. "Maia, Buzz up My Grandson, and make sure we are not disturbed." "Yes Sir" "Its Morgan Maia, I told You. "Okay Sir". He sighed, and waited. "Yes Grandfather?" Morgan turned around from his balcony, smiling. "Yes, thank you for coming. I have a plan." Cormac smiles, though He's slightly Confused. Morgan sighs, "There's a war coming, and I'm not sure we will survive it. So, here's the plan." Morgan waves his Hand, and with a slight crackle of electricity a Electronic Data pad Constructs it self from spare parts, links itself to the Wireless Net, and displays a Dossier. "The Shadow. A Corporate espionage agent, does anything for the right price. But that's all we have. I want to learn more about him, but, I received word that the last person that tried to hack into the net and Uncover anything about him, Well, He's Still in a coma, and it'll be a bit before they figure out what computer virus Caused his Cybernetic implants to rip themselves out of his body. So, Cormac, Keep watch, and if anything happens.... Make sure I survive." Cormac nods, determined and goes behind his grand father, who sits down at a desk, waving his hand and watching as a series of fiber optic cables connect to his implants and a visor slides down onto his face, as he immerses himself into the Net, and attempts to uncover more about This... "Shadow". (Okay, Zarkun, ill Put a post describing how he's trying to uncover his backstory after other people have had a chance to post. Lets get this started.you9 Feb 7
Jan 27 StarCraft:Spectre Shado hey guys, just wanted to share what little bit of a fanfic i wrote, anyone is welcome to comment and who knows what happens from here maybe it evolves into a open rp. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ A man who stood six foot wearing black ghost armor however this man was different aswell, he didn't use any guns, instead he'd worn Protoss Psi Blade focusers like a zealot would wear, this made since Terrans were at peace with the Protoss for now, These wrist mounted devices enable the feirce warriors of Auir to shape raw psionic power into deadly close combat weapons by harnessing the wearer's violent psionic energy, Psi-Blade focusers generate incandescent blades that can cut through any material regardless of density over time, the Protoss have further refined these devices allowing Psi-Blades range and power to improve during the heat of battle. The four or five marines weren't much comfort either they wore black armor similar to the Ghost, these men were lead by Shado, the man wearing the Ghost armor, he often didn't show his face but when he did it mean't trouble as his Psy abilities increased by ten fold when breathing the air without assistance, this wasn't typical for just any Psion, however this wasn't a typical mission or a typical team these guys were some of the biggest baddest guys out there and Shado wasn't even Military when not in combat he was a cooler boy at a local fuel station in his home town of New Haven on Earth. Shado looked back at the marines and stared them down "we're here to investigate rumors of Zerg running amok in the area, more specifically we haven't heard from the Mar-Sara magistrate's office in three comm cycles, be prepared for anything." He said and turned back around hitting the button to open the door, as the door opened Shado was tapping at the com pad on his wrist a holographic map after getting a sat-link established with the orbiting satellite Shado had progressed to walking onto the surface of the colony, the dropship/medivac which brought them down from the battlecruiser had taken off to provide a support type role incase they needed a quick exit. He looked around getting a good reading from this deserted colony "it's a giant waste of time if you ask me." one of the men said only to get Shado to look back at him and put his finger up to his helmet " a man speaks foolishness is a man that is dead from the beginning." He replied quickly and quietly he than looked around again as the warmth of the breeze ran across his armor. He looked around and closed his eyes for just a moment to the marines nothing had changed, he'd just become very still. "we need to find a place that we can not be watched from." Shado quickly spoke as the marines looked around they saw an abandoned bunker near by "that way." one of the marines said as he pointed to the bunker all five men began to run towards the bunker, Shado leaped into the air and activated his psi blades and looked back as he landed to see one of his marines being devoured by a zergling. He instead quickly grabbed the rifle of the now dead marine and fired at the zergling to give the other three marines time to make it to the bunker, Shado jumped into the air and fired around the zergling keeping it contained as best as he could , looking at the marines for a quick second he'd formulated a plan to keep them safe " adjutant recognize, Ghost Shado nine eight six." he said speaking into his comm link located in his helmet , "what are ya doin sir?" one of the marines shouted as he already knew what the ghost had planned "get yer rear in here." he added to his comment , "Bunker adjutant recognizes Shado nine eight six, voice command ready." the computer said as Shado dropped the rifle much to everyone's unknowing he'd attached a grenade to it and rigged the power supply on the rifle to feed into the grenade to create an unforgettable explosion. "adjutant,close bunker door and activate shield." Shado had ordered as he began running as the zergling crawled over to the rifle and began to sniff it, the scent of human on it made the zergling more hungry. Shado had ran as fast and hard as he could even with his psionic powers he couldn't augment himself enough to escape the explosion but he could become intangible however this would also cut him off from communications while he was in this state, as the rifle began to explode he rendered himself intangible, inside the bunker the marines could feel the explosion and see blood and body parts flying everywhere, "Shado report." one of the marines said but there was only radio static, "adjutant open the door and deactivate the shield." he ordered the computer, "Unable to comply this bunker is under attack only a status green indication or Ghost Shado can override and open the door, otherwise it is suggested to man a fire station and prepare for combat." the computer said, this statement only served to infuriate the Sargent whom went on to use a string of curse words before ordering the computer to open the door again " open this door or i'll rip out yer power core and use it to light my cigar." he said however the computer was silent and non compliant to the Sargent's order. The screen displayed a scanner screen and then finally displayed a green light on the panel " no immediate threats detected shield deactivated and bunker door unlocked, door open" the adjutant said as the door opened, the dust from the explosion settled and the three marines walked out of the bunker one at a time, the first of the marines had his rifle at the ready followed by the second and finally the Sargent, they looked around the bunker seeing blood and body parts laying across the ground "Shado?." the Sargent said quietly as he looked around the landscape, however there was only radio static again, he let out a sigh of disbelief as the radio crackled " Ghost Shado Nine Eight Six, anyone that is receiving, I am alive." the Sargent looked up as he heard the message and then looked around the battle zone to see Shado walking out into the open de-cloaking. " how the bloody hell did you survive that one?" the Sargent said , Shado smiled under his helmet and continued to walk towards them with a light airy breath he replied " forget you, that's how." he chuckled as he was caught by one of the other marines as he collapsed from extreme energy loss.RevCross1 Jan 27
Jan 14 Dang, this place got slow. We're all like old folks now. Glad to see I recognize most of you still! Can you believe this place has been running near 7 years!?Duke3 Jan 14
Jan 3 Clan (OD)-ObsidianDragon Recruiting!AnyLeague We are re-recruiting for SC2 US members for fun and friendly games, and also tutoring for any who wish to get better :D, but overall we only want to have fun ^^ Join our Clan Chat Channel on SC2:ObsidianDragon and chat with everyone else in the clan! sooner or later we will be using the OD site for official recruitment and for better organization purposes once the SC2 clan gets large! visit it here if you want ^^ http://obsidiandragon.net/forum/content.php gl hf gg ^^ Starcraft2 ftw DeceiveR1 Jan 3
Jan 2 Quest To Masters Welcome to my thread, since I bought this game I wanted to stream, I wanted to be a personality, I wanted to make this game my career. However I was unable to complete that quest due to being a broke colledge student and unable to afford non-copper/non-cable internet. So I have created this topic to attempt to sastify my hunger with a blog style thread where I will post my replays and discuss them. Each replay will include what I find to be the three areas I did well in, and the three areas I did poorly in, as well as my thoughts on the game in general. I hope that anyone who stops by will enjoy the read, and maybe even improve their own game play from it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Day 1 Today I achieved Diamond Teir 3, but entering my first tournament after achieving such great heights I played a very tough competitor. Ranked 1 Masters Teir 1 he seemed to know my every move and have the army carefully positioned to counter them. He finished me off with a swift drop into my base and I found myself out of position on his side of the map. This is the closest I have ever been to GM, I can taste the golden cup from across the battlefield, and I want it, I want to drink from it, I will drink from it, it will be mine to hold and to own. http://sc2replaystats.com/replay/3262341Kiaph5 Jan 2
Jan 1 War Pigs: Freelancers, I "Hello?" "Get me Commander Norman." "Yes, sir." A few moments of silence ensued while Makins stormed through the military base. His pace was fast and his mind was racing even faster. It was going so well, so damn well. Makins thought about the interview he had just been put through by the leader of the Sons of Korhal. He and his cerberus troops were accepted, of course, his presentation was flawless and his product priceless. But one off-hand comment by the soon-to-be-crowned Arcturus Mengsk sent Vince into a full on panic. "This is Commander Norman." "Commander!" Vince barked in a loud voice, but quickly hushed it before looking around his surroundings as he walked, "Give me a status on project Clean Slate." "The Silico hasn't docked on any Confederate ports. Thanks to you breaking into SoK databases, we can also determine that they haven't docked on any SoK ports either." "Damnit. So no leads, then?" "Affirmative." "What about that ghost the brass sent, has he reported anything?" "High Command hasn't given you access to their operation or operative, but I took the liberty of acquiring it anyway." "Good. And?" "Well, his vitals are strong, but his GPS would have me conclude he's been reassigned by High Command." "Screw High Command! There won't be a High Command by the end of the week – you contact that ghost and tell him to finish the job!" "Yes, sir. Norman out." Vince shook his head and swore again as he stepped into the wing where his personal shuttle was docked. Cerberus troops met him and proceeded to escort him to his craft. He looked nervously around to determine if there were any SoK troops on his tail or waiting for an ambush. How the hell does that primordial slime ball know that my last project tried to assassinate him? "Fire up the shuttle, we leave as soon as I'm on board. And get me a wraith squadron to see us out of orbit." Vince demanded into his comms. It's okay, Vince, calm down, you don't know what Mengsk knows and doesn't know. Still, the military leader's words kept ringing in his head. "We wouldn't want this project to find itself firing at the wrong people, now would we?" He had said with a devilish look in his eyes. Mengsk said this just after Vince explained how loyal his Cerberus troops were, and ever since, Vince had assumed his words were an allusion to his first project: the War Pigs. And now Vince knew that all people, places, things or events that could tie Vince back to his attempted assassination of Mengsk had to be destroyed as soon as possible. War Pigs, Discussion – http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/9973137692?page=1#1 War Pigs: Origins, I – http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/10039054090?page=1#1 War Pigs: Origins, II – http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/10311551537?page=1#0 War Pigs: Origins, III – http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11580768290#1HektorOfTroy143 Jan 1
Dec 31 Welcome to the Jungle... (a PRP) Setting: The Grand Scale: To the galactic Southeast of the Triangle and the Northeast of the Separatists lies the a swath of space simply known as The Reef. A navigational nightmare, the Reef is made up asteroid fields, nebulas, rogue planets and stars; dense enough to make FTL travel straight though suicidal. Still, there is a warren-like series of twisting open paths though the Reef, which make it "safe" to navigate, if you discount the pirates. Hidden in amongst this interstellar quagmire there are habitable systems, around which the galaxy's outcast gather. Yet the despondent, lost and unwanted are not the only ones who find their way into the Reef. The affluent come seeking to escape the rules and laws of more civilized worlds, carving out their own personal kingdoms through wealth alone. Others come to make their fortunes, prospecting for valuable minerals and gases among the asteroids and nebulas. Mercenaries of all kinds abound, doing as they are paid. The Midway System: Named for it's roughly central location within the Reef, the Midway System is home to about half-a-dozen planets. M1, commonly referred to as Hell, is the innermost planet in the system. Little more than large ball of rock with a few valuable ore veins, M1 is close enough to Midway's star that the daytime temperatures are enough to melt the surface of the planet. Further out, at the edge of the Goldilocks Zone is M2, otherwise known as Pandora. Very earrthlike, M2 would have a sizable population and industrial center if it weren't for the planet's incredibly toxic atmosphere. As a result, the only non-native lifeforms on Pandora live in small scattered pockets under sealed environmental domes. Still within the Goldilocks Zone lies M3, a particularly average gas giant, if a little on the small side. However, it's solitary moon Night Haven is without a doubt the most heavily populated celestial body in the entire Reef. Named after the Mega-city that takes up the entire dark side of the moon, Night Haven is a very earthlike planetoid about the size of Mars. It's sunward side is entirely dedicated towards agriculture in order to feed the mega-city's massive population. On the outside edge of the Goldilocks Zone lies an asteroid/nebula belt (known as the Vapor Belt) which is home to a majority of the systems mining operations. Past the Vapor Belt is M4, another gas giant, albeit a good bit bigger than M3. The gas giant also has a series of rings, which are home to a small mining colony. (quick notes:) - M5: Frozen ball of rock. Little of interest (subject to change) - M6: Far enough out that's its debatable as a rogue planet. Has breathable atmo. Has particularly hot core; hot enough to support complex life on the surface without sunlight. Popular exotic retreat w/ limited (and expensive) access. Attractions include: hot springs, minimal light pollution, exotic jungles, extreme/exotic big game hunting, etc. (subject to change) Night Haven: - - - See here for additional 'verse info: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/19021892151 - - - For pesonal reference: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/15699483289#3Warhawk99 Dec 31
Dec 1 Totally New Cutscene Idea Now hear me out here... It starts with a hydralisk is panting in fear while shooting at the rampant human invaders, but to no avail as he is quickly overcome by their numbers. A roach arrives on the scene to burn them all with it's corrosive acid unfortunately killing the hapless hydralisk as well. The roach is caught in and perishes in an unexpected explosion. Another hydralisk shoots at the humans emerging from the flames of the explosion but runs out of spines soon after! Fortunately a spore crawler saves him from a grisly demise. The hydralisk aproaches another hydralisk sitting in the trench seemingly unconcerned with the war. hydralisk 1: "WHERE'S OUR AIR SUPPORT!?" hydralisk 2: *points up at a Leviathan in the sky* The hydralisk looks up in awe at the huge space beast and the scene cuts to two Zerg observing the conflict from above. Abathur: So... Zagara... I suspect you have a good reason to pull me away from my... "duties". Zagara: Your Sequences can wait my good Abathur. Come! Stand here, you need to see this. Abathur: I know all about the humans Zagara! We've seen the tapes a hundred- Zagara: YOU'VE SEEN NOTHING! Dissecting a dead human in an evolution chamber is one thing, unleashing them on Zerg is another! You must go into this with both eyes open... Once started, there is no going back. Zagara:...Are you prepared to go all the way Abathur? Abathur: Yes... Yes I am prepared to go all the way, my good Broodmother. Zagara: Good. I knew i could count on you! Anonymous Zerg: Broodmother, the hive cluster will be overrun in a matter of minutes, shall we intervene? Zagara: Take us into orbit. We've Seen enough. The scene then changes back to the hydralisk that was hoping for the air support they needed. As the Leviathan leaves the atmosphere, the hydralisk stares into the sky in disbelief and resignation. The screen pans out from the trench, and a lightning flash reveals a horde of humans rapidly approaching from both sides...TideHunter4 Dec 1
Nov 3 The Hunt [A briefing room, you see two ghosts besides you. You introduce yourself through your call sign as X2312. The two of them do the same. The male's callsign is D9399 and the female is W3124. You hear a dink and the hologram of the commander for the operation appears] Let me get you all to speed. Talmar is an outer planet and the governor has two psionically gifted children that he has refused to give up. We were generous enough to give him the option to choose but he has forced our hand with his seditious actions. In the time we gave him to respond, that's 3 days by the way, Mr. Henks has managed to shore up the capital city. Not only that, he has called for the populace to rise against the Dominion. It's the usual propaganda. He is endangering the lives of civilians to protect his children. The only reason why the civilians will have any reason to believe him is that he is immensely popular and charismatic. We've already told the populace of our true intentions and ordered them to stand down as we have no business with them. Frankly, we aren't too sure how much resistance we will encounter. However, because Talmar is a manufacturing powerhouse of military hardware and the capital is responsible for 25% of the planet's output, we want to keep collateral damage to a minimum. Our course of action involves a lot of surgical strikes rather than a full scale assault. Your mission is very simple. Find and capture both of the children. We want the governor alive too. When this operation begins, you will be flown as close as possible to the governor's residence. Decide among yourselves if you want to go in together or as separately.Animus0 Nov 3
Oct 30 Wrote a parody song, looking for a singer. So I was listening to music and Hall of Fame by The Script came on, and for some reason I thought "Hey! How cool would it be if there was an SC2 parody of this?" So this is the result. Hopefully you enjoy and please tell me if there was an error in grammar or something that doesn't really flow. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy! If you don't happen know what this song is: ... Anyways, here's the script I wrote: ... Tweet at me @fusionstorms if you think you can sing.Azzerxzz0 Oct 30
Oct 10 Separatist Space Redux, Discussion, II The first discussion thread can be found here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/16953655893?page=1 ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– Introduction to Separatist Space... Separatist Space began when the far off distant colonies controlled by the abusive Old Earth government rebelled and declared themselves independent of their former owner's control. Old Earth didn't like this very much and started a military campaign against the Separatists to eradicate their distant cousins and retake control of their prosperous worlds which supported the populations of Old Earth and her allies. Before it was launched, however, the Separatists discovered something that would change humans' view of the galaxy. Other forms of life and civilization apart from their own. This caused the Separatists to immediately seek allies. Though militaristically formidable, the Separatists would be crushed against a full campaign launched by Old Earth. If they joined a galactic community, however, they could find the allies they needed to stave off a war better characterized as genocide. The Separatists found the allies they needed and together the galactic community formed the first Galactic Council founded on peace, prosperity and shared scientific and militaristic power. The seat of this council was a new Separatist colony who invited all other council races to colonize on the same world, that together they may create a shared culture and planet. This planet was called Thenis. Together, the council races erected their own cities, colonies and companies based on inter-racial relationships. The capitol of this world was the seat of the council called Serene, the human word for peace. There were still others, however, who refused to join the council. It was feared that Old Earth would seek alien allies of it's own. A war was averted with the Separatist's alliances, but trouble still brews. The hearts of Old Earth leaders are still set on rapid imperialistic expansion and Separatist Space, and one hundred-fifty years after The Separatist Pact, which unified willing races in a single council, the Separatists may once again be thrust into war. ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– A note to old-timers... Hello fellow RPers, and welcome to the redux of Separatist Space! You guys suggested this would be a fun one to retry, so let's give it a shot. I look forward to reorganizing the system and plot and manufacturing the premise and creativity this RP produced originally in a way that actually produces good writing. While this redux will take the same basic plot and universe, please remember that I'm going to try and really apply standards to this. As such, this RP will not be a replay, but a redo. Therefore, different ideas, races, subplots or even characters accepted last time I could deny this time. Conversely, things I didn't accept last time could be accepted this time. I hope this time we are able to introduce things the last RP was missing (like logic, a coherent plot, reasonable OP levels, etc.). Shall we begin? ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– Custom Race Application: Tell me everything there is to know about the custom race/faction. The race or faction dives into the story and you're ready to go! Remember to note whether it is a council race (and thereby needs a council member as a character), a friendly race (and therefore needs an ambassador as a character), or a hostile/neutral race. Also please note the different factions the race is in and the form of government it has. ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– Company/Corporation Application: In Separatist Space, you can also have a corporation or a company of some sort. This can be a team of scientists, a product-based company, or a mercenary organization. Whatever it is, feel free to submit that into our universe, too! Include everything you think is important and we'll go from there. ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– Character Application: Characters that are going to have a place in this RP are going to be people of power. Whether that be a general of an army, an admiral of a fleet, a captain of a ship, or a freelance smuggler/pirate/mercenary. Other characters that are going to have a place are characters that are under said characters of power. Don't be afraid to make an average soldier, just make sure he is in another RPer's army so that he has relevance to the plot. Also, if you want to make a character but are unsure how he will fit into the universe, I can make him front and center of a Separatist lieutenant who will be a primary character of mine. (Who you guys might remember from last time... Hehehe) <Your B.net ID name> Name: Age: Race: (Don't be afraid to be someone else's race!) Profession: Political views: (Include views on other races, Separatists, peace with other races, war with Old Earth, etc) Equipment: Backstory: Defining Characteristics:HektorOfTroy258 Oct 10
Oct 9 Starcraft 2 - Cyan vs Showtime PvP - #57 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxJoPV9DX0UMrsotko0 Oct 9
Oct 8 Separatist Space Redux ... New Parthenon, Separatist World of Solovei March 14th, Galactic Solar Calendar 9:02am local time Admiral Yahn straightened his coat jacket as was his habit after rising from his seat on the stage and approached the podium. His medal-decorated chest gleamed in the morning sunlight so frequent this time of year on Solovei. The thunderous applause caught him off guard as the theatre's occupants honored their leader. Yahn was an experienced and capable admiral, and somewhat of a known and respected man among all ranks. "Today we celebrate the 150th year anniversary of the Separatist Pact. An agreement made by our forefathers on this very day, which wiped the borders of neutrality and hostility, and created a unified front against our oppressors." Yahn's voice echoed throughout the Greek-inspired theatre's large walls in the serene countryside with the city on the horizon behind the stage. Over 100,000 active-duty armed serviceman and veterans filled New Parthenon's walls. "Those who stood up for freedom and democracy, our brave leaders who abolished their petty differences to unite against a common enemy, will forever reign as the guardians of hope. And we are the preservers of their ideals..."HektorOfTroy40 Oct 8
Oct 5 Runling Run: the Story - by [RLA]Jables Hello! I want to share something I wrote a while ago. I've played the arcade game Runling Run for a couple years, and decided to create a background story for fun. Let me know what you think! ℜunling ℜun, the Story by Jables This realm of the universe has always been influenced by the events and tragedies that take place between the Terran, Zerg, and Protoss races. The wars begin and end, there is frail peace, and the wars resume once more. Far from the news that is reported to the universe’s inhabitants is a little known war that once caused tremendous casualty to the Zerg. Over a decade has been spent fighting back the drone onslaught caused by Terran espionage. The Zerg had discovered disabled yet functional drones machined by Terran corporations. They found these drones deserted close to a newly formed hive on an island far from the war fronts and major Zerg populations. Abathur, the powerful mind behind countless DNA mutations within the Zerg genetics, was able to infest the drones and create workers for this new colony in lieu of spending precious larvae needed for defense on the Zerg’s natural drones. What was Abathur doing on a remote, new colony while wars were being waged? According to the Zerg Overmind, this was not Abathur physically but an Abathur clone who could be controlled and whose brain was that of Abathur himself. Long had this cloning ability been known throughout the Nexus, a home to gladiators across the galaxy, but none had ever seen Abathur clone himself until this point in history. With the presence of the clone and their infested drone structure, this new Zerg colony quickly reached a paradise-like state. The drones were able to replicate Zerg structures, a physical phenomenon. If a structure was no longer needed, the drones could be reverted to their natural state. Soon Abathur’s clone was cloning drones until a dozen or so became hundreds. New types were imagined, and then designed. One Zerg colony had almost come to resemble a Terran city in a short amount of time. The Specters, an elite team of Terran ghosts that reported directly to Emperor Mengsk, were on a classified mission when they stumbled upon this new colony. No sooner were transmissions sent back to the Emperor than were orders returned to infiltrate and overtake the colony. Terran scientists quickly sent psionic towers to tamper with the Zerg’s natural chemistry, specifically their detection capabilities. With no detection the fight was anything but, and the colony was all but dead. What remained of the Zerg retreated and set up an emergency hatchery without the drones they had come to rely upon. The island was not small; nonetheless, there was no escape. The Specters imbued the recovered drones with psionic energy, installed unwavering patrol programs, warped in a custom production facility thousands of meters in the sky, built an outside wall and many, many inside walls around the island, and set the drones loose to forever wander and destroy any Zerg they reached. The Overmind knew not what to do. To send reinforcements would be to take from the fight for the entire race’s survival. It chose to cut its losses, though the pain in doing so would prove as catastrophic as sending help. On the island, the remaining zergs were few but strong. Because of the infested drones’ uses, the colony’s queen was able to birth much more intelligent, agile, and motivated children. She and her children knew they could fight back and wait for the Overmind to send help. They prepared for another battle, this time without elite, cloaked snipers involved. For the first time the queen and her remaining children stepped off their creep and onto the path. She quickly spotted a drone, wandering as though aimless in his direction. As she made her way into range of her deadly spines, hope quickly fleeted from her mind. Her body began weakening, and her already slow pace became less than a crawl. Every queen that has ever perished did so fiercely, as much anger in her expression as there is loyalty in her heart: this queen turned and looked to her children with a fear in her eyes that forever burned an image into their minds and calloused their hearts. The psionic energy emanating from the drone was so powerful it had consumed her entire being. The rest of the colony fled back to their hatchery, now a body without a head. Though brought up fierce and intelligent, they mourned for their mother for days. But, one by one, each picked its head up and remembered what the queen had instilled in their minds while still infant larvae – never give up, never forget your brethren, always survive. They knew they could shred the drones apart as there was no combat mechanism to them, if only they could get close enough to fight. It was decided, then, to learn to protect themselves from the psionic energies of the drones. Though it took time, the colony began to evolve in a unique way. Forsaking much of their combat potential, natural defense mechanisms were pushed to go above and beyond their complete potential. Like senses in a human, when one is weakened another is strengthened. Time was spent in meditation, something standard Zerg species have almost never spent any time doing. It was soon time to learn what they had become. The first to test the drones were the zerglings. This type of Zerg was the swiftest in the colony, and indeed in the entire Zerg race under the control of the Overmind. As the first zergling left the creep, he felt confident. Soon he had spotted a drone, and without hesitation moved forward. Closer and closer he got to the drone, who continued to wander and softly deflect off the walls of the built path. The zergling was nearly touching this drone yet had felt no effects of the psionic energy. It was time to strike. Slash! A furious swipe was taken. As though frozen in time the zergling stopped moving and quickly fell to the ground. When their comrade had not returned another zergling was sent out to find him. When found and approached, there was not despair but hope. Quickly running back to his colony, a baneling was requested to join the run. This zergling was brighter than most Zerg ever become. He did not understand why, but his brain seemed to know that the magnificent acidity of the baneling was a counterbalance to the psionic energy that so harmed the zergs. The baneling grasped his comrade, and the zergling raised to its feet as fast as it had fallen. Amazing! The ability to revive lost comrades was discovered. The zerglings began calling themselves Scouts, and the banelings fondly named themselves the Guardians, both in memory of this moment in the fight for their lives. The colony began altering their evolutionary focus from defense mechanisms to form genetic acidity, though that of the Guardians was never going to be attainable for the rest. One thing that was understood about this mutation was that it would not prevent forceful contact as the drone’s psionic resistances were just too cataclysmic. There would be no fighting these drones. And where was help? Surely the Overmind knew this plight, especially considering one of his queens was no longer living. But the colony understood: there was no help. The Overmind had left them, too far away and not important enough. Ashamed at their master, they forsook the Overmind. There was no way off the island, nowhere but the creep that drones were not roaming. They could not fight, but they could revive each other. So long as one was alive, all could survive. Were their lives some sort of game for the Terran that set this travesty into motion? The more the colony experimented with their unique chemistry and its effects with the drones, the more they learned they were having fun. A name for their colony and their island was chosen. These are the Runlings, and this is Runling Run.Jables1 Oct 5
Oct 3 Offering FREE Voice Overs: Starcraft Projects Hello fellow Terran, Protoss, and Zerg! Should you (or someone you know) be needing voice talent for a Starcraft themed project, then perhaps I can assist! In truth, I am open to any cool project (Blizzard or otherwise) that you may require voice talent for - be it for a video game, Youtube video, podcast, or etc. Basically, I'm looking to start a serious voice over career. And figured this might be a fun way to get exposure and experience. Though I play a lot of different computer games, I've been a long time player of the Starcraft franchise and am familiar with the various characters. I've set up a soundcloud page with over thirty sample clips showcasing my vocal and topic diversity. Within them are Hero and Villain dialog samples, as well as narration for trailers/promos. Obviously, if you can offer paid work then I would be even more thrilled! But it is not expected at this point. I know most fan projects are done for love, not profit. I'm able to do my own recording and can email the wave/MP3 files to you.  Just send your dialog/lines with any directorial notes. Please include a synopsis of the overall project, so I can get a better idea of the intended final product. I also have a background in dramatic writing, so if you needed help with the script/dialog, I may be able to lend a hand there too. Please feel free to pass this information on to anyone you think may find it of interest. Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/saint_tan Thanks so much for your time.SaintTan0 Oct 3
Sep 24 Any good Overmind fanfiction? In case anyone doesn't know about it, some regular guy or girl gets control of the zerg swarm. It started here, I'm pretty sure: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6982984/1/The-Zerg-Swarm This kind of stuff is popular to write, but a mary sue breeding ground and a lot of what I could find was terrible or incomplete. So, anyone got something? Just so you know, you CAN suggest "mary sue" fanfiction. I'll read it AND enjoy it, but the good stuff is better. So yeah. Anyone got anything?BigJ0 Sep 24
Sep 12 Darkest heart Redux PRP (Take Two) Tobi Van Helsing walked the halls of the New Hellsing Mannor alone, having just finished a hunt in the small town of Hergon. There had been three banshees, two Barrow Wights and a small horde of Zombies. This was not a good thing. "The creatures are getting restless. This is the third horde attack this week alone." Heading to the armory, he grabs more ammunition for his pistols, carefully replacing the nearly empty ammo belts missing clips and then appraising the half finished pair he was smithing himself. "I can't do this alone, not with this many in one week. Alistair!" Out of the darkness, a man who looks to be in his late thirties , wearing a set of casual clothes with a black duster and black warlock's hat, appears, a pistol of his own on his waist and a sword across his back. He had a slight crazed look and feel to him, and his aura was darker than even the most evil creatures most hunters had met, short of a Greater Demon. "You called master?" "Pull up a list of the descendants of all the greatest monster hunters of their time." Noticing Alistair's confused look, he levels a gaze with Alistair. "There are too many hordes and not enough hunters, Alistair. I need help." The man simply nods in understanding and vanishes back into the shadows of the manor's halls, leaving Tobi to contemplate what he was doing. It's time things began in earnest... When Alistair returns with the list, Tobi nods. "Good, now either send a letter or visit each family personally. I want no mistakes." Alistair gives an excited nod and vanishes once more. This is still pushing the boundries, but you'll understand once we get going. I will be DMing this one as well as having a character, similar to how PKA was done, and I hope you have fun with it. You are Terran only, though if you so chose and I approve, you may later become a creature of the night. Name: Age: Weapons (At least one melee is required, can have family weapon, or I can give it to you. Family weapon will not require blessing.): Abilities: (No more than three, please clarify passives and actives) Backstory (Must include how Alistair contacted you and how your family is related to Darkova): Appearance: (There will be an archive) Yes I'm giving this another go because, well, we can do SO MUCH with this if people will stay interested and I can stay focused. If this in turn kills off another RP, so be it.Zarkun451 Sep 12
Aug 31 Anybody with experience with the SC2 Editor Hello, first time here. Name's JurunceNK I am looking for people with any experience with the StarCraft II Editor, as I am creating a custom campaign for the Arcade (e.g. StarCraft Subjection). Specifically how can I create and use custom models for a custom-built campaign, and how should I approach map design in relation to the setting for the campaign. If you are wondering what this campaign is called, it's StarCraft Black Ops: Viper Squadron.JurunceNK6 Aug 31
Aug 15, 2016 On the Hunt. On the Run So rebooting this RP to see if it will last a little longer and tap some people's potential. It will be as before but limited to 2 ghosts for the hunters per group of 5. For active non-npc runners there is a limit of 2 for every 7. There will be an open position for a merc company under employ of the Dominion and limited to a squad of 4, not including the commander, for the time being Merc commander will be determined before the any others for the group will be accepted. Merc commander will have some input on who is in and who is not. More to be posted please wait to post.LeKroger16 Aug 15, 2016
Aug 15, 2016 Hello JRB, allow us to introduce ourselves. Welp, looks like the merge went though. So I thought I would make a thread for all of us to get to say hi to each other. I'm TheBentOne, Stalwart defender of the honor of the protoss race. I also enjoy making sarcastic quips in my spare time. I've been posting on these forums for entirely too long. Nice to meet everyone.TheBentOne50 Aug 15, 2016