Joeyray's Bar

Apr 17, 2013 Looking For Friends Simply put, I'm just trying to get to know and make a few friends around the place. People who I can talk to, joke around, and play a few games occasionally. With Summer coming along and me being out of college, I'll have a lot more free time on my hands, so I'll probably be spending a bit more time just jamming out in SC2. I'm not amazing, but I can improve quickly. If that even matters. Please and thank you.Leonov2 Apr 17, 2013
Apr 16, 2013 Fade Info Collector Post anything: Character sheets, ideas, extra info, etc. I'm using this so that I can make the reboot much easier to do. I'll be posting the rough drafts here too so everyone will have an idea of the story before hand.Naitsrich47 Apr 16, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Role play ideas anyone? So I've decided I'll be the one who does it. Anyone want too post rp ideas or something and discuss than place them here.SilverWolf25 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Zarkun Evolution Mission Have acquired brain of organism Zarkun. Flawed. Anger paths overactive. Sensory receptors damaged, causes hallucinations. Require enhancement. Two possible enhancements. Require volunteers to acquire useful sequences. Await volunteers.KnarledOne29 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XXII Things are beginning to look interesting. With a tournament around the corner, you can bet student rivalries are heating up. This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later). Note on Applications, Zarkun does the damage figuration, range, and damage bonuses, so just list your weapons and he'll work out everything appropriately. Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Phoenix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante & Yoshi Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas & Calek Room 9: Shirinar & Teldarix Room 10: Terance & Alicia Room 11: Room 12: This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but I will not DM. I simply help around and is the Emergency DM when CR and SF aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.Zarkun500 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 Okay, MAYBE this is a little late... But HELLO! I am your friendly reaper fanatic, come to invade your little RP forum and harass some workers, if you know what I mean. XD I promise I won't be much trouble. So, introduce yourselves so I can see which of you I will avoid, and which I will become friends with.Yoshi130 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 14, 2013 I don't understand RP threads... Can someone explain them to me? I know they are popular but that's about it. Is everyone just taking turns writing an improv story or what?DeadViper5 Apr 14, 2013
Apr 13, 2013 Show off your StarCraft collection. I'll start: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/MarioFanticXV/StarCraftCollectionM1_zpse2d94d70.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/MarioFanticXV/StarCraftCollectionM2_zps2815908f.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e210/MarioFanticXV/StarCraftCollectionM3_zps77b811c7.jpgMarioFanXV8 Apr 13, 2013
Apr 12, 2013 bring back the good old stuff hey guys,remember the "join the dominion" quiz released a few months before wings of liberty? well, i felt like doing the quiz again, just for fun, and after almost 2hours looking for it i discovered it was taken of from blizzard site. well, too bad i didn't understand much of computers a few years back, I didn't download it when I had the chance so, have anyone by any chance saved/downloaded the quiz and be willing to share it with me?MDSS0 Apr 12, 2013
Apr 12, 2013 Is it illegal To use peoples SC2 replays w/o asking them in videos you post on youtube?Aqua6 Apr 12, 2013
Apr 12, 2013 Calling All Writers I had an idea while eating, why doesn't someone do a crossover story of Starcraft and Halo? So the challenge is to write the best Halo/Starcraft story possible, bonus points for a sword fight between Zeratul and the Arbiter (the one from Halo obviously,) winner gets bragging rights and my eternal respect.DarkZelot89 Apr 12, 2013
Apr 12, 2013 Shadow Viral Infection So this isn't my best story rather a few years old actual. But I figured I'd give this one a try hope you all enjoy what I did write. Typical things would turn out this way. I stood in the middle of a horde of flesh eating monsters created by man kinds mistakes and why? Cause I loved my friends and my family and so I was now the bait to make sure everyone got away. May god save my soul if I even had one anymore. Being what I am, you would think it would drive me away from being the hero, at this very moment I so was going against all the rules. My name was Travis, still is to some, but to everyone else I am known as... Shadow Viral Infection This all started out like every typical day. First the basic information. My name is Travis, I'm 21 years old and work at a deli in a local supermarket. I'm not the greatest son my parents ever had, rather a big disappointment among my family. Being the eldest son and one of the smartest grade wise they expected me to go to college and make all this money and be rich. Instead I skipped a few years after I left high school and choose to get a job. I figured responsibility would make me a better student one day plus I could pay for my own stuff for once instead of relying on others. Well nothing ever turns out that way and I ended up in a job that most likely wouldn't get me anywhere and still living with my parents. I didn't get my license yet so I had to walk two miles back and forth between work everyday. Which in this heat is a pain. It didn't help my black hair had gotten longer than normal and now pretty much covered my face causing the heat the be intensified. I was tall so I doubt that helped much either and I was slender to go with my height. You could say I was very average. Lately I wasn't feeling to well but because I couldn't afford a doctor I ignored it and pretended it was just my imagination. So today was no different than any other day, beside the fact it was senior day at work. Which meant every elder in the universe converged at one place to buy lunch meat. So after eight and half hours of hell I was on my way home to do even more chores and probably get yelled at for something or another. Mistakes now that was the one good thing I was a expert at. I made quite a lot except at work. My usual track home involved using the old abandon railroad tracks that ran behind the city I lived in. If you wanted to get somewhere, this was the best way to get there fast and without any interruptions what so ever unless you count the occasional bums or drug dealers who if you ignored them they ignored you, most of the time. Once and a while police would make a run down this way but otherwise a rather peaceful walk. This particular night was clear and you could see the full moon as clearly as you can see the ocean while standing in it for lack of a better phase. I was in no rush to get home so I was taking my time. My shirt a dress shirt untucked for a more comfortable walk home and my navel blue pants pulled down a bit they were two sizes too small so they felt uncomfortable all day and I needed to breath at some point and time. I had left my tie and hat back at work as I had work tomorrow and figured it would be a waste to bring it home. I hated wearing ties to me it was so pointless. So taking my sweet time not even paying attention a stranger came up behind me. Now I would say she snuck up on me but the moaning sounds gave her away and I quickly turned too see this creepy lady with what looked like blood running down her entire frame and her curled hair encrusted in mud and some other form of dirt running at me with bloodshot eyes pale as the skin of a vampire in some old vampire movie. I admit I froze up for a second there. When I finally recovered she had already closed the distances between us and lunched at me this crazed look on her face. I was freaking out as she grabbed my hand and took a rather large and painful bite into my arm. I screamed and pushed her off me but not before the nearby neighbors what few did live by the tracks came running. Seeing the strange lady attacking me and the blood rushing from a large area on my arm they quickly pulled her off and moved me away. Last I thing I remember is a dark red haze cover my eyes and the sounds of snarling as the lady took a bite from her captives as they restrained her. The first thing that came to mind when I finally woken up was, damn it I was having such a nice nap. It really was a nice nap at that I found out later that said nap was actually a month long. I remember waking up to nothing but death silence. Silence you never know it but it can be such a bliss. For someone whose last memory was being bitten and passing out to find himself awake in a strange white room I reacted the way any good man should. I screamed and than I screamed some more, by the time I stopped my screams were ringing off the walls. Made me feel better. After calming down I took a look at my surroundings and found that I was in what looked like a hospital room. But if that was so, why was it so quiet. Not a single sound not even a bird could be heard in the silence. Truth be told it frightened me a little. Okay a whole lot. The second thing I took notice was the fact that in the mirror beside me stared back a different person than what I'm used too seeing when I wake up in the morning. First sign something was wrong, pale, very pale. Second and most unsettling thing were my eyes. Normally I have a average hazel eye color now my eyes were almost as pale as my skin. Clearly I was either dreaming or I was dead. Shaking my head I jumped out of bed and when I say jumped I literally mean jumped, I surprised myself when I easily moved from the bed to the floor and landed gracefully on my bare feet right onto broken glass. That is when I noticed that I wasn't bleeding at all or for that matter I couldn't feel any pain. While that may have been a good thing my attention was attracted to the person limping toward me at the entrance of my room. When you say rotting corpse what I had in mind was skeleton of some sort. This was more of a half naked old lady her breast drooping over the side and her eyes dead to the world. Moaning was all I could hear from her and she was rapidly moving toward me. So what I do, I ask if she needs help. “Ma'am do you need anything?” Nice guys finish last right? Said lady growled at me and did a bull rush right at me. The fact she had blood all over her and reminded me of a bad horror flick caused me to panic and as she launched herself at me I raised my leg and felt my foot connect with her body. In a literal snap I not only felt but heard every bone in her body break one by one before her lifeless body hit the floor hard making a loud squashing sound as blood slowly dripped from the spot where my foot had connected. At this point I started freaking out. I thought I had killed her or injured her. That is of course before she started moaning again and with blood all over her and the floor and the fact every bone in her body was broken made me think she wasn't human. At that point a flashback to the night I was bitten came into mind I remember the way the lady looked and compared to this my first thoughts, were zombies. I wasn't far behind think more like zombies who could actually figure out how to use a doorknob which I found out the next second as a horde as you would call it of these undead super people ran at me full blast. What was the one thought that went through my mind at that was. What the holy hell was going on half a second before I jumped out a six story window. Smart move, at the time I was thinking who cares, die by being eaten or die by crashing into the ground. I choose the ground. What I wasn't expecting was to land on my feet and not feel a thing or the fact that the ground under me was cracked. But saving my wonderment for later I took off running down the street in my hospital robe. Thank god I still had my boxers on. I didn't know how long I ran but by the time I stopped I found myself on a street I knew from driving by on the way to visit my step mother when she had her surgery which meant I was at the same hospital where I had just woke up at. I was confusing myself at this point when I heard a growl. Rolling my eyes I sigh and turn around to see a small child this time. Somehow I knew this wasn't just some incident where the hospital was the only one infected with what ever these things were. I kept hoping this was a dream to, but that didn't seem to be happening. This little girl was something of a bewilderment to look at. Dark hair, small of course, what scared me the most was the fact her eyes were the same as the old ladies at the hospital and on a side note the same as mine. The fact she was moaning and stumbling toward me didn't help me be any happier about the situation. I was not about to be a child murder, but she wasn't giving me much of a option. I would have run at this point but the sound of more moans behind me discouraged me from that option. So using the only other option I had left was to fight my way through. I still didn't know my situation or what my new found abilities were but to deal with the move forward not backwards. Taking a deep breath I made a funny sounding noise meant to be a growl and rushed the little girl. The zombie child moaned and her lifeless eyes looked into mine as it reached toward me. Hoping to do some sort of drop kick as I jumped in the air instead I jumped completely over the girl and landed hard behind her. The force of my landing caused the road to crack. Apparently zombies weren't as smart as I believed the girl didn't even notice I wasn't in front of her anymore. Taking the chance I took off running again down the street as fast as I possibly could and considering that for some odd reason I was no longer pure human it was pretty fast.SilverWolf23 Apr 12, 2013
Apr 12, 2013 SC2:HotS Blog As part of my university media production assessments I had to create a blog, ive chosen to do it on Starcraft 2, Mainly on Heart of the Swarm. http://banelingnest.tumblr.com - The Baneling Nest Come and take a look, give me some feedback, you might find a few interesting bits in amongst it all. Ive named it The baneling nest after my love of Zerg. The actual look of it is still a work in progress(ugly) but I'll be getting to that soon! Leave me feedback on this forum post or on my blog. Happy Hunting!ProtossBaws8 Apr 12, 2013
Apr 12, 2013 Perditus Dea Rising from the Depths The unfolding of genetics was believed to be a genetic blueprint to one’s past… and one’s story. Each stories its own as it crossed several sights of the past and future, but more importantly the present. Each story showcased the survival of one as one tested the strengths of their cunning and strength. Never resting, never stopping, never ceasing too… Kill. One must choose wisely between the choice of dyeing and the choice of living. Many chose living to survive… too change is to survive. One must not be a tree, or a rock, or a bush. One must be a river. One must be the sky. Ever changing it's story as the other stayed the same. The depths of their upcoming were told across their offspring. Survival through creation, and change. This story is about one such individual. A story told through her children that survived. Creating new life themselves as they to, changed. Lost…. Lost forever as that precious essence… that story was lost forever. Creating a new story… The survival that kept them safe for so long… lost in an instant against an opponent that hungered essence. Their strength and cunning surpassing their own… Their story. The untold victories in the past through the creation of a newborn… A new threat… a new creator… a new story from an old one… a new Dea… The Goddess is born. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Eggs squirming against the warm earth, the breeding grounds crowded with untold life. Countless eggs hatching… but one was more prominent than the other. It’s awakening told a story… the first story of fear… the first new story after Amon left. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is my first segment of my story. If would appreciate any comments if you have them or any ideas. It could help me become better or etc. I decided to do something interesting about the Primal Zerg. A story told through their genetic history.CrymsonRaven19 Apr 12, 2013
Apr 11, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XXI In the last two days, sh!t has hit the fan. What will happen? This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later). Note on Applications, Zarkun does the damage figuration, range, and damage bonuses, so just list your weapons and he'll work out everything appropriately. Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante & Yoshi Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas & Calek Room 9: Shirinar & Teldarix Room 10: Terance & Alicia This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but Zarkun will not DM. He simply helps around and is the Emergency DM when Crymson and I aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.Zarkun500 Apr 11, 2013
Apr 11, 2013 Just looking for some friends. So not sure if I'm in the right place but since my gf dumped me on my birthday last week I've had a lot more time too play Starcraft and just bought the HoTS expansion and was looking for some friends too play with or talk too and such.SilverWolf117 Apr 11, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 The Roach Approach - Public RP Rules: Add your in-character portion to the tale of the short-thinking feral zerg, Roach. Plot below, discuss! Terrain: Mountainous-terrestial region. Dominion base nearby. The rest of the information is gathered below. Terran nuclear test, forced burrow. Fully regenerated. Feral. Psionic bond temporarily diminished. Follow pheromone trail to the fallen hive cluster... Darkness falls. Enter ravine for shelter and food. Bright light everywhere! Terran voices. Panic. Run to high ground. Wire, caught! Spit on wire. Melt. Marine bullets, carapace protection. Can survive. RUN! OOC: New to SC2, minor experience in roleplay. Thread is directed to meeting new faces out there and casual entertainment. Good luck, and have fun!RoachRyan4 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 Worm Now, Worm Forever. “Do you hear me, worms? You will move, or you will die!” You flinch away from the harsh, croaking voice that comes from just behind you. You hear the crack of a whip. “Go worms, go! Faster! Little time!” You feel the biting pain in your back as the voice’s owner deals out blows to all its charges equally and furiously. One of the others reflexively strikes back, trying to grab the whip from the grey skinned brute wielding it. The creature deals him a blow with its heavy fist, knocking him down. It laughs painfully, then begins whipping the fallen one mercilessly. “You fight me, you fight your Lord! Traitors must die!” Crack! The whip slashes violently through the air, cutting into the unfortunate victim’s back, arm, and side. “Beg forgiveness, worm!” The man tries to shield himself with his arm, but the blood spattering from the driver’s blows can be seen even in the darkness of this tunnel-like gulch. He tries to speak, maybe to “beg forgiveness,” maybe to curse his assailant, but is cut off by another vicious blow. The twisted creature swinging the whip cackles gleefully, striking faster and harder, which moments ago seemed impossible. “Kahaa! You fight for his Lordship! Worms must move now! Go, worms! Maybe this one’s punishment make you run faster! You glance around. The train of wretched humans and Waeits struggles through the alternatively dusty and muddy darkness of the Gouge, a canyon marring the surrounding plains like a knife wound. Six particularly unfortunate conscripts labor through the muck with a large cart containing weapons to be distributed just prior to battle. Three Waeits and a human wielding spears and hatchets guard it. The Waeit with the whip, the driver, continues hacking gleefully at the fallen man, hideous strength rippling in the muscles of its narrow arms. It has finally found an outlet for its pent-up violence and cruelty in this man, the first so far who has dared fight back. Most remember their conscription and “training” with fear, and do not dare resist. What will you do? This is another of my attempts to do a RP in a new way. This is a fantasy RP, but instead of tediously explaining the lore over time, I will begin it with a text adventure that introduces players to the world before the game begins in truth. Let us begin. Make your suggestion for the conscript's action.KnarledOne11 Apr 10, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Bartender, I need a drink... One of my best bros just asked my crush to prom. What's the strongest stuff you have?TornadoXIII2 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 My friend wont go to Europe with me :( she's mean and wants to go on another trip.MacOssim10 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 I don't think North Korea will be a threat South Korea probably have a mass Raven ready to deploy PDD and auto turrets in case North Korea goes crazy.Mikeferdy0 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Arbiter 19 RP-Text Adventure This is to be edited soon, stupid blizzard ate my post that I spent a freaking hour and a half on setting this RP up. Grrrrr Prologue: Pain. Fear. Blood. Death. Your eyes flicker open as the sound of scraping comes from the ventilation above. You shiver. It's cold. The smell of copper fills your head, drifting in from a pool of warm liquid that drips from a body ahead of you. *Cough* "H-Hey" You choke out. You feel parched, and in pain. You look across to the body ahead of you, a few feet away, slimed against the opposite railing. The emergency strip lighting flickers off, then fades back in, then flickers again. "Hey." You choke out again, followed by another cough. This time you taste blood in your mouth. Looking down, you realize there are three slashes in your abdomen. They look deep, and painful, but you don't feel the pain. You realize you can't even move your toes. You survey your surroundings, and notice a corridor to the left, the airlock leading to the next section looks like the hydraulics broken. At any rate, the door is wide open. On the right, the door is curves to the left and a small viewport is placed a little above the center of the door. You begin to drift back into the darkness as the lights flicker again, no point in staying awake when you can't even move, much less defend yourself. How It Will Work: After a section of the story has been posted, people (The readers/viewers) can make a suggestion as to what the character does next. I will be choosing what suggestion to write out, as I don't want certain people to try and hijack this. [Hint: His name rhymes with Pukester.] Anyways, on to the story!NickDaMan8 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Insurrection *Receiving incoming transmission. Comm-link established:* ... ==================== Application: Only Terran Name: Age: Backstory: Personality: ===================== smylez: The "Commander" A man with an enigmatic past, he is simply known as the "Commander" and he is a stoic, resourceful and resolute person. Infamous around Deadman's Port as the "Man who does not bleed", he has taken assignments that even the most hardened mercenaries considered suicidal and succeeded in completing them. This reputation makes him feared and respected at the same time. Currently, he is leading his group of mercenaries known as the "Iron Wolves" His magnum bears the faded mark of the Sons of Korhal.smylez24 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 9, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XX The rescue is over and everyone is home. I'd say safe but...not everyone made it in as much of one piece as they'd like. This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas & Calek Room 9: Shirinar & Teldarix Room 10: Terance & Alicia This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but Zarkun will not DM. He simply helps around and is the Emergency DM when Crymson and I aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.Zarkun500 Apr 9, 2013
Apr 8, 2013 Darkest Heart Tobi Van Helsing walked the halls of the New Hellsing Mannor alone, having just finished a hunt in the small town of Hergon. "The creatures are getting restless. This is the third kill this week alone." Heading to the armory, he grabs more ammunition for his pistols, looking at the pair he was still working on and sighing. "I can't do this alone, not with this many in one week. Alistair!" Out of the darkness, a man who looks to be in his late thirties , wearing a set of casual clothes with a black duster and black warlock's hat, appears, a pistol of his own on his waist and a sword across his back. "You called master?" "Pull up a list of the descendants of all the greatest monster hunters of their time. It's time we began the hunt in earnest." He looks at Alistair. "Find them all."Zarkun500 Apr 8, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 I'm Not Dead! 'nuff said. Who even remembers me? Will be starting something soon(TM).Vultureling104 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 6, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XIX This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas & Calek Room 9: Shirinar & Teldarix Room 10: Terance & Alicia This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but Zarkun will not DM. He simply helps around and is the Emergency DM when Crymson and I aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.Zarkun500 Apr 6, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 21) Continued from Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 20)Zanon500 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 3, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XVIII This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas Room 9: Shirinar & Teldarix Room 10: Terance & Alicia This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but Zarkun will not DM. He simply helps around and is the Emergency DM when Crymson and I aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.Zarkun500 Apr 3, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 Write a story, one sentence at a time. If you can't guess by the title this thread is to write a story one sentence at a time, when this thread dies/reaches max I'll put the story in one post, so one sentence per post, lets start! It was just a typical, swarmy friday.DoomerX113 Apr 1, 2013
Apr 1, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XVII Students have succeeded in the mission and are no enjoying themselves in some well deserved R&R. This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas Room 9: Shirinar & Teldarix Room 10: Terance & Alicia This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but Zarkun will not DM. He simply helps around and is the Emergency DM when Crymson and I aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.Zarkun500 Apr 1, 2013
Mar 31, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: The Second Class XVI Students have succeeded in the mission and are no enjoying themselves in some well deserved R&R. This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas Room 9: Shirinar & Teldarix Room 10: Terance & Alicia This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but Zarkun will not DM. He simply helps around and is the Emergency DM when Crymson and I aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.CrymsonRaven500 Mar 31, 2013
Mar 31, 2013 Roll 2 Dodge Original Roll to dodge thread created by entity Mr. Random. Successful strain. Reconstituting for Swarm. Rules of thread: state attempted action. Will roll die to determine success level. Listing possible success levels, example system. Providing example: Bob: ... Roll 1, lethal failure. Bob's soup is so bad that he dies instantly and his body is charred to ashes on the spot. Bob is now ashes: Dead. Roll 2, failure. Bob's soup tastes awful, so bad he begins vomiting violently. Bob is now Vulnerable. Roll 3, grey area. Bob eats a bowl of the soup, but it's not appealing. He leaves the rest. Bob is now either Fine or Vulnerable, dependent on magnitude of attempt. Cooking soup is mundane. He is Fine. Roll 4, success. Bob makes a delicious soup. He eagerly eats it all. Bob is now Fine. Roll 5, great success. Bob's soup is so good he opens a soup restaurant, which is immediately successful. Bob is Good. Roll 6, extreme success. Bob's soup is fantastic! It raises his psionic index by 2 and gives him eternal life. Bob is Great. Tag scale: Exiled - out of the game unless someone specifically summons him. Cannot roll. Dead - could be revived accidentally or on purpose. -2 to all rolls. Injured - not in the best shape. -1 to all rolls. Vulnerable - off balance. -1 to Dodges. Fine - nothing wrong here. Good - feels pretty good. +1 to all rolls. Great - things are going very well. +2 to all rolls. Giddy - sick with happiness. +3 to non-Dodge rolls. Prepared - ready for anything. +2 to Dodges. Godlike - SOMEBODY STOP HIM! +3 to all rolls. Cannot be Killed, Exiled, or Injured. All players begin Fine. If higher than Fine, will lose one rank each turn. If lower, action must be taken to raise rank. If someone Attempts to do something nasty to you, you have to Roll 2 Dodge. The die will be rolled for you to determine how much damage you suffer, if any. Make your Attempts. Players: DoomerX Appreciates a good bagel. Newly rich. Smylez Allergic to cream cheese, as he found out the hard way. Knows all about the practical applications of lemon juice. Knows when someone is incapable of hanging onto stolen dice, but also failed to calculate for shifts in reality. He failed to calculate for Owlfeathers' sword, too. A ghostly lawbreaker who did some time in NOthing. He got out, fortunately. We'll see how long he stays out. DarkZelot Attempted to set fire to the sun. Nuff said. Not very good with dictionaries either. Loyal to the Swarm... loyal, but not very useful. Owlfeathers Hated by probes, but a skilled thief nonetheless. Also skilled at space/time manipulation. Easily provoked, but has the sword skills to back it up. Zarkun A wannabe cloner. He found out you can't control the Zerg. Or Cerberus, for that matter. Has benefited from Smylez' misfortune, but only briefly. Was logicked out of existence. DacderOvilor The King of France. That's right, you heard me. He lost to the British, but France has never been much use against England. Proved, in that he took down the Protoss easily, though they got their revenge. laughup Leader of the Golden Armada. Retreated from the French... paradox? He later returned and made himself some French Fries. Zanon Spreads bad tidings even when people don't want to hear them. Fortunately for him he's a Glorious Dictator. THese things help. CrymsonRaven Attempted interplanetary domination. Ha. Later had his brains blown out by Zarkun. He managed to possess a girl with... uh... french habits, later.KnarledOne387 Mar 31, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XV This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas Room 9: Shirinar & Teldarix Room 10: Terance & Alicia This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but Zarkun will not DM. He simply helps around and is the Emergency DM when Crymson and I aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.Zarkun500 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 The Ghost in the Darkness: Text Adventure Cody Ross stood up, fumbling around for the rifle he knew had to be there. He held his head, before looking up. His squadmates had to be around somewhere. The wind blew hundreds of droplets of water in his face, and he pulled his mask back down. What a mess. He checked his radio. No signal. The Conditions are awful, and he slips on the soaked granite, barely catching himself with his rifle. The visibility is close to zero, but hoping for shelter, he moves towards a dark mass near him, thinking about where the other might be. Had any of them bailed out of the dropship as well, or had they crash-landed? He shook his head, and finds himself at a sheer face of nearly 40 feet. The Zerg have to be around somewhere, but could they even be out here, in the horrific weather? He doubted it. Somewhere else were his squadmates, and they might need help, but what if he was lost? He suddenly spots a cave, and thinks of rotting, starving, dying of exposure before finally a Hydralisk puts him out of his misery. The Dominion wouldn't care too much, naturally. He didn't think they cared about anything. He thinks for a moment, the others would be south, further from the alleged Zerg base but further into this damn storm. Cody Ross Options: 1. Go south and look for your squadmates. 2. Take shelter in the cave and try to wait it out.Dacder33 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XIV This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas Room 9: Shirinar & Teldarix Room 10: Terance & Alicia This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but Zarkun will not DM. He simply helps around and is the Emergency DM when Crymson and I aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.Zarkun500 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 The Battle of Augustgrad: P2 A Viking Account This is continued the account Tyr Viking pilot of the 36th Wing of Vikings I remembered the first time I had reentered the atmosphere in the sim. The g forces had caused me to go unconscious, I had almost been washed out of training then and there. Now I barely noticed. "Stay tight" Freya cautioned. We broke through the clouds and descended quickly, Odin had marked the area on our huds to show the place where the Hyperion would be landing. A Dominion base was located there armed to teeth with bunkers and air defenses, and we were barreling strait for it. "All squadrons break formation, attack pattern War Master take out those defenses. Heimdal get your squadron over here we're heading for their airfields" Odin barked. "Tyr you see those siege tanks?" Freya said over the comm. My imaging system painted the cluster of siege tanks clearly on my screen "I got em". No more words were needed Freya and I pulled out the stops on our engines and rocketed forward. We streaked low and straight flying towards the siege tanks cluster. When we were a thousand feet away we fired our missiles in unison blanketing the entire cluster with our lanzer missiles. A warning light flashed on my screen "Freya they got Goliaths" They fired their payload of Hellfire missiles and we peeled up and away avoiding the dangerous weapons. "Launch flares" Freya radioed. "Flares launched" I looked at my controls hopefully. One of the four missiles blinked away leaving three that were only chasing me. I cursed "They're still on me" we were flying straight for the Zerg base which caused me to curse even more. Then suddenly in the distance I spotted something I could use "Freya break off, I've got a plan" "Your cra-" "Freya I'm going to lose these missiles in that mass of overlords" I said with all the calmness I could muster. "You mean in our allies?" "Whatever you can't follow me and I am going to do it" I said as powered up my engines. I think she said something before peeling off my wing but I didn't pay attention. I kept powering up my engines to max, the engines howled like a deranged demon in response to the stress. The Overlords were coming fast, I could see their loose formation clearly now. Navigating through them would be dangerous but not impossible. The missiles wouldn't be able to keep pace with me not with the complex maneuvers I would be doing. I slowed my breathing as I closed inside of a thousand feet, eight hundred, seven hundred, six… If I had blinked when I entered the pack I would have missed it. Things happened so fast I barely saw them, the world around me became a blur of dirty brown carapace and then I burst into open air again. "Yes" I yelled in my cockpit in victory upon seeing no missiles following me. I didn't linger over the Zerg base I rocketed away in fear that they I might have angered them by destroying a few of their Overlords. "Freya you there?" I called over the com. Silence was my answer, after a few seconds of quiet I tried again "Freya you there?" No answer, I circled back towards the LZ. I saw my Viking brothers laying waste from the air on the ground fortifications. No air support had come yet to aid the Dominion forces, a testament to Odin and Heimdals skill. "Has anyone seen Freya" I radioed. No one got the chance to answer before Heimdal broke in "Mayday, Mayday all Vikings fall back to the LZ the dominions counter attack has begun" "Heimdal I can't find Freya" I said unintentionally letting my anxiety show. "You'll have to worry about that later" Odin said sternly "fall in with me for now" "I thought you trashed their airfield" I heard another Viking named Baldr say. "This must be the reserves" Odin said calmly. I fell in behind Odin as he peeled around and coming to face the oncoming reinforcements. I had a hard time believing these were the backups; I saw Battle cruisers Wraiths and their own Vikings coming in. "Hyperion we got wraiths down here we need anti stealth tech down here" Odin said a little anxiously. A hardy laugh came on over the comm "I can do better than that for you son" I recognized Commander Raynors voice. Suddenly the sky began to dark over us; I looked up and saw the Hyperion coming into the atmosphere. A moment later the massive batteries vomited plasma down towards the Dominion base. "Well let’s get to work" the Commander said in a very relaxed voice.Hyperion7 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 27, 2013 What Can Time Do? (RP) Set at a point in time long ago. The exact point is your choice. You will be RPing an event (Something significant enough to remember thousands of years later), be it canon lore or not. Events can be no earlier than the end of WoL (My knowledge ends there, have not played newfangled campaign). Please tell the event, canon lore (if there is any), and any other references (books, this website, other Rps, etc). If all goes well, we'll be crosschecking somewhere every 10 seconds. After selecting your time and describing it, we're going to write the history books (over a LONG time). How will the stories change as different races/cultures get a hold of them? One race's horror story may be another's nursery rhyme may be another's ancient book in a dusty library, etc. Malicious changes are allowed, but they MUST be for a GOOD reason. The so-called "winner" is the one who's history has changed either the least, or has evolved into something greater. If yours inspires a group of rebels to keep fighting more day, or it corrupts a nation, it's done something. Don't let it die. Players will also control key figures throughout time and space. If you're using, say, Kerrigan, stick to her canon personality (no, she cannot suddenly want to save every Protoss nursery rhyme just because that's your story). Good luck, and I'll have an example "soon". Expect rule changes to make things easier. P.S: Making important characters is fine. Killing canon characters is fine. Telling stories from different points of view is good as well. "First Contact Humanity first learned that it was not alone in the universe when a gleaming fleet of protoss warships emerged over the Confederate planet of Chau Sara and incinerated its surface without warning. On Chau Sara’s sister planet, Mar Sara, Marshal Jim Raynor found evidence of a second alien presence. Attacks broke out across the planet, and it took the Sons of Korhal to mount any kind of organized resistance to the aliens, which had now become known as the zerg. Jim Raynor and the rebels evacuated as many people as possible from Mar Sara before the mysterious protoss fleet reappeared and incinerated the planet." Zerg - Xe'Ka, a Queen with opinions " First Contact^2 Humanity first became aware of other race's existence when the Xel'Naga tryhards eradicated the "lesser species" in a routine sweep of the solar system. Observers had been there for thousands of years, but the psychic humans had only seen them as "ghosts". The humans became very scared and started killing both races before any hope of assimilation was possible." Aaand now I get to wait.Vultureling23 Mar 27, 2013
Mar 25, 2013 My youtube channel! Hey everyone, I'm David or Xi0N84, I've been playing Starcraft since the Original. However I'm trying to grow a Youtube channel, the game I'm mainly featuring is Starcraft. I'm currently doing a Brutal Let's Play/Commentary of Heart of the Swarm. I will be also playing the original campaigns and the Broodwar campaigns. I also play games such as Black Ops 2, Planetside 2, Dota 2, I am trying to grow my subscriber base so if you wouldn't mind checking it out over on: www.youtube.com/Xi0N84 and while your there check out my friend Logan's (Game High) channel.XiON1 Mar 25, 2013
Mar 25, 2013 Help me hammer out a story line for campaign Im working on a coop campaign and have an outline for a story. My intention is to do voice overs and such at some point. The intention is to produce a portfolio piece which I can show for a future employer. Here is the core mod: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7923993763 Here is the current plot: The Commander (inspired by the baneling short-story) https://docs.google.com/document/d/15NeJKvEBjlkCZ-By9BPDpasPg6ZayICI6l3uOUmq-1c/pub I decided to skip the collaboration through drop-box. It got too confusing.Monkalizer19 Mar 25, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XIII This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas Room 9: Shirinar Room 10: Terance & Alicia This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but Zarkun will not DM. He simply helps around and is the Emergency DM when Crymson and I aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.Zarkun500 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 No Hope - Fanfic Story NOTE: This story is fan fictional and is my first story in the Starcraft universe. I plan on increasing my vocabulary and sentence structure while maintaining a good storyline for your entertainment on reading. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A feminine silhouette walked across the frozen landscape with a slung C-10 Rifle on her back exhaustingly and continuously walked forward. The distant stars above the area twinkled and the air smelled similar to that of death while the echoing screams in the background - zerg most likely - signalled horrifying death was impending. Halting to take a break from fatigue and exhaustion, she analyzed the area with tearful eyes. All was sighted in the environment was inhospitable, blinding winds and treacherous, crunchy snow. At times like these, radio communications tend to be out-of-reach and sooner, there would be no hope left. "Does anyone read me?" She looked around; two fingers kept on the earpiece. "I repeat, does anyone read me? I'm stranded out here and the recent units within my squadron are now deceased. I need immediate evacuation!" She screamed into the earpiece, appearing to be screaming over the loudness of the wind. Her tone of voice cracked with a mixture of heightened fear but bitter aggression. A few seconds passed and a man coughed over the radio before beginning to speak with a calm, relaxed voice. Samantha pressed her two fingers across her earpiece, beginning to listen over the words and at the same time, ignore the sound of the wind. "You are in dangerous boundaries whereas both Dominion personal and zerg life are configured there. Just get somewhere safe and be sure to state where you are. The weather is hell out there. Be safe and I ensure you that my luck will be at your side." The message ended with a short beep like it taunted right at her. As she took her fingers off the earpiece, she could hear his voice repeating over and over in her ears. Samantha took in a long breath of fresh air before exhaling, letting her chest slowly flatten. Under preparation, she gripped her weapon in a more readied way and smirked. "This will be fun." Night was soon falling and the lights managed to shine through the progressively dangerous winds. Samantha leaned upon the wall near the cave entrance while scanning the base from the cliff hangar. There was a few marines wielding the basic assault rifle and looking around while others managed to their own business. One of the SCVs began to repair the large structure which looked like a Barracks as the dead, decaying corpses of the zerg laid nearby. There was no movement from their corpse but it would surely cause a bad reek. Following the path with a suppressed rifle raised, she gritted her teeth. There were three marines analyzing the area infront of them. Their conversations were blurred by the wind but it was loud enough for her to hear it. "What do you think about this base we are in? I find it pretty good. The armory is a hella' lot better than the base that I was deployed in yesterday." One marine said, his rifle pointed to the ground. "It's pretty good. There is a larger amount of ammunition so I could fire more bullets into them zerg! Aha!" He threw his weapon to the ground and bent down, appearing to grasp ahold of a package filled with cans of beer. "Well, I managed to get these babies from the armory. One bastard must've drank too much and left his pack of beers in the corner before heading to sleep so I managed to grasp ahold of three before heading here. Drink up and remember, not too much!" He laughed while the other marines opened up their visors, beginning to grab ahold of their drinks. Their shenanigans created a good distraction for a couple of assassinations, she thought. With the cloaking device still activated, she crouched down and slowly moved, gritting her teeth. With a rifle raised, a laser emitted from the barrel and touched the marine's forehead. The other's stopped drinking their beer, looking over at the tagged marine. "Holy !@#$. There's a laser on your forehead." One said, dropping his can of beer. "What. Your kiddin' right? Ahahaha!" He continously laughed and slurped down more of the liquids while the other marines ran for their dropped weapons. Samantha squeezed down the trigger to release a poundful of thunderous rounds into the marine, penetrating his forehead and piercing through his chest piece. In a split second, the man was dead before they knew it. Crimson blood painted the snow while more suppressed rounds cursed through the air. One of the marines fell to the ground, groaning in pain while Samantha de-cloaked as a trail of blue smoke tainted in the air. With no words, the ghost leaned down and grabbed ahold of the can of beer. The marine started to cough up pints of blood while maintaining eyecontact, looking in fear at the ghost. Samantha had a blank emotion and shaked the can once more, nodding to him. "It's better to take a one last drink before you die, pal." She grinned in a cute way, putting the tip of the can near his dried lips. He took a slurp of the cold drink and smiled, revealing blood stained teeth. The Dominion marine managed to choke out some words. "Hit... h-hit... 'em hard... an-and... and... thanks." His smile soon faded to a fearful way like he doesn't appreciate death. In a few seconds, his corpse laid there lifeless and it didn't dare to move. Samantha threw the can of beer to the side and advanced torwards the Dominion base. Was there anything to achieve? No hope is what's left to achieve.Alkaline7 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 Neural Parasite Evolution Mission (RP) Have made important discovery. Two valuable enhancements for Neural Parasite. Strains mutually exclusive. One must be chosen. Other must be discarded. Volunteers required. Minds will be transferred to appropriate hosts. Volunteers must locate essence, acquire, test. Will use Bar personas integrated into various hosts for tests. Awaiting volunteers.KnarledOne40 Mar 24, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 I have these special stims... And I don't know what to do with them. They have rocket fuel and alcohol mixed in with the regular stuff. I stabbed one on a siege tank.... it started firing faster and moving faster.... so... vehicle stims? what should i do with them?xer6 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 The Battle of Augustgrad: P1 A Viking Account Hey guys I'm pretty new here but I enjoy doing this kind of stuff. I consider myself an Amateur writer and I like to get feedback and tips on things I could do better. So read enjoy and tell me your thoughts. Five hours before the battle of Augustgrad "All wings listen up pre fight briefing begins now" Odin’s voice blasted over the intercom like a clap of thunder making me jump slightly. Freya my wingman smiled at me mockingly "What’s wrong cherry, Odin scare you?" I cringed at the novice Viking title, thankfully Odin stepped in "The plan is not complicated; The Hyperion is going to land off the right flank of the Dominions forces. From there troops will be launched to attack the Palace fortifications" a bout of static ripped through the comm suddenly but then died away. likely a product of war torn nature of the Hyperion. "Our job begins much earlier. The Commander has ordered that the Vikings will spearhead the Incursion into Augustgrad while the wraiths stay back to support the ship" A roar of approval went up from the flight deck "LETS RAID" came the battle cry of the Vikings. Pre Battle Flight "Our orders are to clear the LZ, we have latitude to allow ground transformations on this mission" Odin paused "In short my brothers and sisters we got ourselves a good old fashioned raid" "LET’S RAID" "You still with me Cherry?" Freya said over the com mockingly. "Loud and clear Freya" I responded. Looking out of my cockpit I saw Freya in her Viking, she flew without a helmet. It gave her no advantage in fact most believed that it was a disadvantage to fly without the helmet, but I'd come to realize it was just an expression of her veteran status. "When can we get this party started" I said in the general comm channel. "Getting anxious cherry?" Heimdal said with the rooky nickname. I hated that nickname; it was a name for a Viking who had not yet completed the dangerous Viking transformation to Assault mode. "I'm a Viking I need to Raid" I responded curtly. "Aye it's in our blood" Odin interrupted "Unfortunately patience is a virtue we must observe" "Aye Odin" I responded to my senior. "What name were your christened under Viking?" Odin inquired. "Tyr sir" "Tyr, that's an old and venerable name, do it honor Viking" Odin said with solemnity. I gazed down at Korhals surface sighting the Metropolis of Augustgrad. I zoomed in with my imaging sensors on the area of Augustgrad. Looking at the enhanced image I saw the Zerg in combat with the Dominion forces. At that moment I couldn't tell you who I hated more, the Dominion or the Zerg. I set the controls of the Viking to autopilot and sat back in the seat. Swann had spared no expense in his Viking design. Compared to other Vikings I was riding in Davidi speeder with all the bells and whistles. One thing it didn't have was a bathroom though, I stroked my chin thoughtfully remembering a rumor I had heard a while ago about the Odin having a bathroom it in. I'd have to ask Swann about that when I got back. Besides that my vehicle was without flaw, the Viking was naturally a large and ungraceful machine compared to other flying vehicles but that didn't deter our master mechanic. Swann had merely upgraded the systems added boosters and made things more efficient. The man truly was a genius. I lay back in my seat reading through my comics when Odin finally came on the comm line again "All Vikings look alive we have clearance to begin, Vikings steal yourselves the hour of Wrath is upon us". I heard Heimdal gravely laugh "We have but an hour before the land lubbers touch ground, Vikings let that be our red hour" The next moment was sundered as hundreds of Vikings roared their battle cry over the com "LETS RAID"Hyperion5 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 23, 2013 Hello! Hello guys! My name is Ken Mitsui, I am 20 years old, I'm from the Philippines. I started playing Starcraft 2 on January 2012 and stopped playing completely on March 2012 because of Dota 2. I don't have a favorite race since I only play random, I was also able to reach Diamond league. By this week, I'll be purchasing Hots and play again. I will be trying to relearn and learn build orders because of the changes in Hots. I hope I'll be able to get some help and tips here because I've always wanted to reach Grandmaster, I know it's very hard but I'll do my best haha. Sooo yeah, that's about it. GLHF!KenMITSUI8 Mar 23, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Hi everyone! Hello everyone, my name is Tect. I'm 15(yeah blah blah blah), I'm from the US, and I play Protoss. I've had the game since it came out back in 2010. Got placed into Bronze at first(whoopdeedoo). But, now I'm in gold. Yeah thats right, took me 3 years to reach gold. Anyway, I love this game, it's awesome. I hope to eventually, like many years from now, be recognized professionally. That is my dream. -Tect :DTect1 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Pankoprulu Academy: Second Class XII This is a new day. We will be starting a mission relatively soonish. Be prepared to be interrupted. This is simple. A school-esque setting will function here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof. We allow custom, but must be reasonable: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Widow Mine Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Changeling Swarm Host Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes Vehicles In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Tempest (Modified) Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank Diamondback Campus Layout: Basement: CLASSIFIED Section A: Classrooms, Lab, Eco-System, Bathrooms, elevator to surface Section B: Cafeteria, Phones, Library, Gymnasium, Firing Range, Section C: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) Section D: Chemical Testing, Main Computer Network Room Surface: Hangar, Warp-pad Rooms: Room 1: Sahlk & Destron Room 2: Dante Room 3: Omicron & Kelly Room 4: Jen Room 5: Stefan & Greggor Room 6: Tarioshi & Sam Room 7: Eric & Peter Room 8: Ceas Room 9: None Room 10: Terance & Alicia This is a follow up to the original PKA, and will be run by Shade Ravius and Zaros. Zack will make the occasional cameo, but Zarkun will not DM. He simply helps around and is the Emergency DM when Crymson and I aren't around. Please follow format. Also, you are arriving on a desert planet. The rest will be explained later.Zarkun500 Mar 22, 2013