Joeyray's Bar

Dec 21, 2012 Shut up, or Cuffed up RP Shut up, or Cuffed up It was early morning in Korhal City. Just before the sun comes up, those with paper subscriptions get theirs delivered. A man in a trench coat walks down the street. It was cold during the hours the sun was down, and his breath could be seen. He was walking down a street, lined on both edges by large and fine houses, with large lots. He stops in front of a particular house, and stood at the gate, there he waits. It was not long until the paper speeder came by, and he turns. He acts like he’s unlocking the gate. Once the speeder was close enough he raises his hand, and the paper is thrown at his feet. He bends down to pick it up. The man pulls the paper out of its sleeve and combs through it. upon finding a specific add for a barber shop, the man takes the page, then replaces it with a similar, but different add. He crumples up the old add and stuffs it in his pocket, he then put it back in its sleeve, and threw the paper to its usual spot over the fence. The man walks away, and takes his gloves off. He searches the inside of his coat, and pulls out a radio. “I've planted the add, boss, everything ready down there?” -5 Hours later- 43 year old Trent Benson exits his house, all ready for the day. He picks up his paper, and heads to his garage. The butler is standing there, waiting, and opens the door for Trent. “Going somewhere sir?” “Yes” Trent pulls out the paper, and looks for a barber shop add, he finds the planted add, and shows it to the butler. “It’s been a month, I’m going there.” ____________________________________________________________________________ -Lore- 2 months after char is taken by the Raiders. There is political unrest, and much of the police forces are occupied by citizen uproar over the recording that the Raiders played. Organized crime on Korhal is busy. -Signup- Name: Korhal police, or member of the King Pin's crime organization: Age: Description: Back story: Weapon: (make it reasonable) Skill set: (cleans up dead bodies, does the killing, investigates crime, etc...) ____________________________________________________________________________Duke12 Dec 21, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Ke$ha, can she sing? Ke$ha, can she sing? Post a comment.Stormshout3 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Shadow Valley Pre-RP/Sign-up After being knocked out by a dominion rifle, Joshua Steinbeck was rushed to the hospital, but was in a coma and couldn't be revived. He was put on a machine, and, by will of his parents, was left to try and survive. Meanwhile, in the young mans head, many things were going on. _______________________________________________________________ Shadow Valley is an experimental RP where anything, and I mean anything is possible. Reality and physics no longer exist, and the oddest of things can and will occur. You're a person/thing/object that has been put into a squad, you may choose between the two squads. They each have their own agenda, "Silvers" wanting Josh to wake up, or "Greens" wanting him to perish. You can be any somewhat reasonable living thing, but I would prefer if you all kept it to Sci-Fi (Terran, Human, Zerg, Protoss, Reasonable customs) or Fantasy (Human/Elven/Dwarven/Orcish/Reasonable customs). You will be assigned different missions to do try and do your squads bidding, but the RP will largely comprise of various sub-plots. Another thing, THE SQUADS ARE FRIENDLY!!!! They don't hate each other, and probably are friends, but secretly with different missions. So don't feel as though you can't interact with someone if they're in a different squad, it's just that your missions will be different. This RP will have a combat system based on PKA (Statistics based system) rather than a "logical end" to fights. Note: Nothing realistic applies to this, a "unstoppable" fleet of ships could be destroyed by a magical rainbow of ice cream, for all I care. You may not attack someone using these methods, though you can defend yourself, and can use this twice a fight to escape an impossible to escape situation. You may or may not die in this, so be careful with your actions. Application format: ^(Your name)^ Name (Feel free to be creative): Species: Squad: (Greens or Silvers) Appearance: Combat Statistics: (HP [50-100 start], Shields [30-40 start], and Reflexes [1-10 scale, start at 1-6]) Weapons: (Name/type, Range [Melee-15], Attack Speed [5 RPS to .1 RPS], Damage [15-25 start]) Bend-skill: (How you can bend reality, be creative but not vague, a specific ability such as flight as opposed to something like "physics") Backstory: (Anything is acceptable, as long as it doesn't kill the RP somehow) Happy posting!Dacder14 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 20, 2012 Odd Sightings... I wan't to see how creative you guys can be at creating sightings of a faction I invented a while back. Name of faction: Shadow Legion Origin: Unknown Race: Unknown, but notably humanlike, no sightings of one without a full suit of armor Appearance: Depending on the suit, decently Bulky, ranging from as thin as a Terran Spectre, to bulkier than a Firebat. Colorscheme is Black, with all energy conduits glowing red, and lines (similar to spectres or protoss) being red also. Their armor is slightly unorthodox with sharp plates and corners, no rounded ends really. Their suits look like they were built from the inside out, with plating placed and designed after the inside of the suit was assembled. Traits: Silent, will not speak unless ordered to by their leaders, will typically use a voice filter. They are shielded, shields glow red with a hexagonal pattern similar to an Immortal's hardened shields. Weapons range from bullets to ion cannons. They will avoid combat, and will instead watch from a distance, learning about the natives of the Koprulu sector. Their armor is strong, and will shake even a Crucio Shock Cannon blast. Good luck writing your Sightings.Rikkmaery1 Dec 20, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 The King of Pirates - Story EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE... ESPECIALLY THE NAME... Please Take note: Those who keep up with this story will have an advantage in the RP series to come! Scene: Let me fill you in a little before you dive into the story. The story takes place in "Separatist" space. Which is past protoss space. Some Terrans were exploring and found even more intelligent lifeforms then they could imagine. With some funding from many governments and organizations, hundreds of thousands of colonists were being exported out from terran space and into distant space. The colonists got tired of being bossed around by all of their shareholders and pretty much announced themselves separate from the Terrans in Terran space. Hence, the lands they colonized became, "Separatist" space. Obviously it was a lot more complicated then that but to summarize it in a few paragraphs... there ya go. Our story picks up in a state of the art frigate carrying extremely valuable resources from one small colony to a large city. Official Story posts are: #2 #7 #15 #20 #41MarkusDaWise178 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 A Desert Nation of Glory and Sand (Story?) At the helm of the bridge, there stood a large man smoking a cigar. He had the brown skin of one who lived in the desert, along with a long brown beard, and large brown eyes. He was known as Omar. He had decreed long before that all shall call him Omar the Great, but his demands had not been met, for the soldiers and common people of Sindaria had another name for him. “People, let me tell you that this is a glorious and wonderful day for our glorious kingdom! For no-” He said, but a man from the small crowd below bellowed out in a hardened voice, “Can’t you think of any description other than glorious? Try great, or beautiful...or don’t, because our kingdom looks terrible.” The man stuttered, then continued his speech as the man was whisked away by the guards. “Ahem. So anyways; For now we have this ship! It is to be our nation’s flagship, and forever it shall make our foes fear us, for we shall be a great military power!” Omar put emphasis on this last part, trying to burn it into the conscience of his men and women. He’d spent the greater half of his life as king, and had always stayed determined to make his followers love him. The problem was, though by no fault of him, that he was a terrible king. So awful was he in fact, that almost as soon as he’d taken power the unemployment rate went up from 5% to 17%. “How did we afford this ship sire? We don’t even have enough to feed all the men bread, so how did we make a glorious ship that’s probably worth more than the entire rest of the kingdom combined?” Another random voice in the crowd bellowed. Omar hadn’t been the greatest king, but he was proud of his military. It ranked in the top 25 militaries in the galaxy in the previous year, which was unheard of for a small desert nation that, quite frankly, had nothing but sand and incompetent people to use for the job. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Spiderman leapt from the shadows, “I do think that you’re unfair to this man. He isn’t THAT bad. I mean, he is smelly, and stupid, and inbred, and-” He spat out, before being cut off by Omar, “You’re not helping!” Omar said quietly to Spiderman. “-But at least he isn’t a camel!” Concluded Spiderman, and with that, two things happened. Firstly, about half the crowd got up, left, and wept that they had to live such awful lives, under such an awful king. Secondly, the other half began cheering wildly, for they were all drunk. You see, the people of this kingdom loved but two things...cold beer, and warm brew. “I SAY, WE SHOULD GO KILL THOSE DAMNED SANTARS!” One of the drunken men shouted. Of course, the Santars were among the most powerful nations in the galaxy, and could crush this desert nation of 500 thousand like Godzilla crushing an ant. But, a mans mind changed once he drunk the warm brew of the desert nation, that, and well, he was probably stupid to begin with. Either way, Omar caught up with Spiderman as he was leaving, for he wanted to ask him why he’d come to the rescue of this poor desert king. “Because everybody gets one.” Replied the Spider-man hybrid before swinging a web back to some unknown tropical paradise in which everybody danced and surfed all day, Hawaii, basically. The kingdom of Omar though did not enjoy these recreational activities, but instead could only play stupid Volleyball, because that’s all there really was to do with the sand and all. Anyway, people went back to their stations, and Omar went back to his palace, to say hello to his ugly wife. Who he married only because she was slightly less ugly than the others in his kingdom.Dacder2 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Fade: The Rise Prologue The mighty king strokes his beard, watching over Bation from the castle tower. It was a large city, sitting on the coastline, giant structures made of gears constantly producing goods. Airships filled the sky, nearly blocking out the sun. People busied themselves in the street, enjoying the celebration. The king's bodyguard, Ki, was besides him. He was a mysterious man, always blocking his face with a metal mask. "My lord. Why aren't you enjoying the celebration?" "It is a grim day for me. You know why." Ki walks over to a window, opening it. It was beginning to be quite hot in the room. "You must not let such things bother you today, Uther. Your family is waiting in the court yard." Ki waves at the royal family below. He had promised to get Uther involved in this celebration. "I wish I could stop bothering myself with such things, as it is the Shore Festival. But is a grave matter. It's something I can't let go." The king turns around, looking at Ki. "Get an assembly prepared for tomorrow at noon. And bring your pupil with you, he needs to be there as well." As the king passes by, Ki bows. "As you wish." Ki watches the king leave, heading to meet his family. He does a quiet chuckle, as he was quite pleased. His pupil was going to be involved in politics at last. ----------- At this point, the RP has started. Have fun! P.S. I will post the "intro" tomorrow, if I can. All I will post tonight is some dialogue. It's going to be hard typing the entire thing on a phone.Naitsrich500 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 18, 2012 Separatist Space, VII Please keep the majority of OOC posts in Separatist Space, Discussion. Thank you http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7200051805 Separatist Space, the story so far... The RP takes place in "Separatist" space. Which is past protoss space. Some Terrans were exploring past protoss space (which is illegal might I add) and found even more intelligent lifeforms then they could imagine(all those custom races and such). With some funding from many governments and organizations, hundreds of thousands of colonists were being exported out from terran space and into distant space. The colonists got tired of being bossed around by all of their shareholders and pretty much announced themselves separate from the Terrans in Terran space. Hence, the lands they colonized became, "Separatist" space and the colonists became "Separatists" because they supported the separation of separatist space and Terran space. Many more events caused the separatist movement, but to sum it up in a few paragraphs, there ya go. Separatist Space, Backstory Entire colonies have been going missing, frigates carrying valuable cargo, gone. Terrans are still new to Separatist space and the Separatist Military is doing little to stop investigate. IMPORTANT NOTE This RP is extremely open, if you want to not engage in the main plot, that is totally fine, I would not recomend it but I will still allow it. Also keep in mind that at first you will have to pursue the main story, you will not start according to the main story. You will start out however you wish, wherever you wish.MarkusDaWise500 Dec 18, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 RP thread in the Established Universe. Hey there! This isn't quite the rp thread. I've been looking around, and I"ll admit I'm new to the forums, but not to Starcraft. Now that that is out of the way, would there be any interest in an rp in the established universe? No custom made factions with doomsday weapons. Just controlling and rping a single, or at the most a handful of characters. Preferably limited to humanoid characters. If I can get a few participants we can decide which part of the timeline we want to start in, and play out some minor roles in battles, or just use the timeline events as reference points. Anyways. If anyone is interested, please, just let me know and I'd be happy to get a thread started. Just need a few signatures to know if I should. Also, if there is already something like this, please, point me in the right direction. Glhf all. -KrOzatagKrOza67 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 17, 2012 Darkened Skies I am lucky to be alive, I was the only one spared. Could I have fought the Chrome, I would be a hero. I am but a measly colonist. But, even the most stupid and wreckless colonists have stories, and this is mine... "What... Who... Where am I?" I staggered, in some kind of stasis cell. I look around. The planet I am on has lush greenery and an oddly pleasant feel on your feet as you walk. The grass is short and seems to only have grown a small bit, then suddenly stopped for the rest of eternety. I hear an odd voice. "Steve... Your soul is worthy... Step out of the cell..." "Who are you?" I ask, and out steps a Zealot. Wait, that's not a Zealot, its weapon has 4 blades arranged in the shape of a windmill. "Are you protoss?" I ask. It doesn't reply. I step outside of my cell... We are the Chrome - An ominous telepathic voice tells me. As I look at the Protoss-Like aliens, I see technology far beyond what the Protoss could ever harness. "We are a mere colony, on the run from a corrupt empire. I'm sorry to scare you. My name is Xet. I lead the colony," The alien said. "I'm not sure why you want me, but you don't seem tempted ti kill me," I said in releif. Suddenly, a massive fleet came out of seemingly nowhere. "The empire? But how?" Xet muttered, confused how its colony was a target, as thousands of streaks came to the planet from nowhere. I tried to run to a nearby starport, but ran into an opposing alien commander. "A terran?" An empire commander yelled, confused about what was truly going on. Shortly after, massive weapons of destruction were being unleashed onto and from both sides. "Help me..." I muttered, as I passed out from a rapidly beating heart. --------- I woke in a hospital. A medic was telling someone something over the transmitter, but I couldn't hear. Later, I was told I was lucky to be alive. I went off doing things I normally do, and life was good again. Yeah, life was good.FXPetLing7 Dec 17, 2012
Dec 16, 2012 Learn how to optimize your computer Hey guys, as you all (should) know, I'm sort of a tech geek, and have a profession in this kinda stuff. I had some time today, so I'd like to give you some knowlage. This thread serves 2 purposes. FAQ - ask my anything Optimization, and some facts - Make your computer faster, and learn how care for it. I'll make this brief and simple. Note, these will mainly apply to windows users. Using ReadyBoost Take a flash drive, preferably 4GB or more, and stick it in your computer. Follow these steps. Vista and above (If your file system for the flash drive is already NTFS, just skip to step 6.) 1. Copy all contents of the flash drive to the desktop. Then delete it from the flash drive. 2. Go to my computer, then right click on the flash drive. Then click format. 3. Change the file managing system to NTFS. 4. Click start, and let it format. 5. paste all the files you took off back onto the flash drive. 6. View how much space you have left on the flash drive. 7. Right click the flash drive in my computer, and click properties. 8. Go to the ReadyBoost tab. 9. Dedicate as much to ReadyBoost as you want, more is better, I recommend over 1024MB. ReadyBoost lets the computer use your flash drive as cheap RAM, thus freeing up the good RAM to do the more important stuff.Duke35 Dec 16, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Help wanted!!!!! Ok I want to do a roject Ressurection Redux but until Christmas break im baned from the comp on weak days so would someone start it for me ORR help me DM (you would be a major scientist most likely)MechaGhidrah7 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 Mecha's Karaoke. Since the bar has been destroyed I have decided to start a new establishment. All songs provided by the Jukalisk. Shoot him and you go into the ravenous kitten pit. Playlist: Pylons: YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL MOTHA!@#$IN PYLONS!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Ox2t5c4As Nyan Cat: NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4 The Touch: You got the Touch!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764 Hunger: My need to feed gives me the will to survive!!! (what they thought the cars of 2005 would look like in the 80s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGwEiiVyPwA Dare to be Stupid: Dare to be Stupid!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElokgCX37-4 Transformers Theme by Lion: Transformers!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOhnKIVLzOw Beast Wars Opening Theme: Had to put this in the their. Kickass guitar solo!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FKpU0pnne8MechaGhidrah6 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 15, 2012 PKA follow up RP I can't let PKA finish the way it did, so I vote someone comes up with a follow up RP with new characters, story line, and sub plots. I mean, there will be mentions, but following the same characters as in the original PKA? It would get boring. So, I guess I'm asking for a vote.Zarkun35 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 14, 2012 A Rift in Shadow Valley (Story) In late fall, 2342, a pair of babies, twins, were born. One was a boy, he had blond hair, rosy cheeks, and blue eyes. They named this boy " Joshua", though he would later be called Josh. The second the two twins....she was different. She had glowing green eyes, and dark, silky black hair, unusually long for such a littl'un. She was named Alexandria, and she was to be special. ____ Three years passed, and the parents were as happy as could be. Josh was developing normal, perhaps a little slower than average, but normal. Alexandria, however, was not. She was maturing and learning far faster than any other child in the large city of Williamsburg, where their parents, Michelle and Jason, had been living together for 13 years. Alexandria, as it turned out, was psionic. Michelle and Jason grew fearful, for they had heard of the things that the dominion did to her kind, forcing them into the military. So, they decided to isolate their children, and so Michelle and Josh grew to be best friends, and Josh knew to tell nobody what was up with his "weird sister". _____ Josh was fearful, he was scared that he'd let it slip that his sister was psionic. She was by this time 16, as was he, and they'd, for the most part, lived a normal life. That was all about to change. A few dominion officers came into the small community in which the family lived, and this always meant something bad. The family had not yet moved, and the children still loved their little 2 story house. They were home-schooled, though they had made friends. Well, Josh had anyways, it was on that one fateful day in which he hung out with his friends, playing football, when the thing that was to tear his family apart happened. "Ready...set...HIKE!" Shouted a large boy, who was about 17 years of age. His receiver, Josh, went out long, beat the coverage, and caught the ball which was so perfectly spiraled towards him. As they celebrated, Josh received a call on his phone, and the person on the other line, who was easily recognizable as Michelle, said in a solemn tone, "You've got to come home." He turned and explained to his friends, and said goodbye to the big one, whose name was Austin. _____ As Josh arrived at the house, he saw the thing which he'd eternally dreaded. A pair of dominion marines stood outside the house, and were talking to Josh's parents. He overheard the conversation. "I'm sorry ma'am, but she's got to go." Said the first faceless Marine. "You can't...you can't take her!" Said Michelle hysterically. In the backround he saw his father, hugging with his daughter and crying, and she was crying as well. She'd never wanted to be a Ghost, and had told him once that she'd rather die. "Oh god...poor Alexandria!" He said, then swore to himself. "Listen miss, she's got to go now, we're running on a schedule." Said the remorseless Marine. Josh felt nothing but hatred and spite for the Marine, and wished for him to go to hell. He came running up to the door, and quickly one of the Marines turned to him. "What the hell are you doing?" "She's my sister! You can't take her, you demon!" He shouted. The Marine, filled with rage, hit Josh in the mouth, and Josh was out cold for a few minutes at least....Dacder51 Dec 14, 2012
Dec 13, 2012 Official Note of Surrender. It is with great sorrow and regret that I, CEO of Kay-Oh! Incorporated, U-local Brotherhood supervisor, and businessman extraordinaire, announce that our glorious movement has failed. It seems that the tradition of ruthlessness, barbarism, and general cutthroated ruffianism established by Thundercrash's PRP Bar has won out. Despite the loyalty and valiance of all those that have fought to end the years of tyranny, we have been defeated. To you, Zarkun, heir to Thundercrash and Zanon, I admit my defeat. My Inn and the culture it represents have been proven inferior to your originality. Sir, I doff my hat to you, and have but one thing to say... DRINKS ON ME! TO FAAAIILUUUUURREE!KnarledOne1 Dec 13, 2012
Dec 12, 2012 Area 27 The door opens and there is a single man looking at you, bored. He looks up from his newspaper and with several strokes of a key, the wall behind him disappears and an elevator train awaits. You step inside the train with others, anxious. The wall closes behind you and the train lurches downward. An announcer piques up through the loudspeakers, "Greetings and welcome to Folrum Research Facility. This automated tram system is provided for the convenience and security of the Folrum personnel. The time is 8:47 AM. Current topside temperature is at 85 degrees and an estimated high of 97 degrees. This compound is comfortably regulated at the pleasant temperature of 67 degrees at all times. This train is inbound from level 3 dormitories. If your intended destination is a high security area beyond sector C, you will need to return to the central transit hub in area 9 and board a high security train. If you have not yet submitted your identity to the retinal clearance system, you must report to Folrum personnel for processing before you will be permitted into the high security branch of the transit system. "Due to the highly sensitive materials routinely handled in the Folrum compound, no smoking, eating, or drinking are permitted within the Folrum transit system. If must engage in these activities, please head to designated areas located throughout the compound. Please keep your limbs inside the train at all times. Do not attempt to open the doors until the train has come to a complete halt at the station platform. In the event of an emergency, passengers are to remain seated and await further instruction. If it is necessary to exit the train, disabled personnel should be evacuated first. Please, stay away from electrified rails and proceed to an emergency station until assistance arrives. Have a nice day." >>>>>>>>> Words appear on the screen as the announcer continues: SUBJECT: EDUCATION: POSITION: ASSIGNMENT: CLEARANCE: ADMINISTRATIVE SPONSORS: DISASTER RESPONSE PRIORITY: >>>>>>> Notes: The highest clearance level is 5. Everyone will start out with a clearance level of 2. In case you have not noticed, that is your application format above. For our purposes, you are newly assigned to the job and know little of the facility save that it is "extensive". This RP is realistic in the most hardcore sense. At any point in time, you will die with no warning at my discretion unless you can brilliantly write your way back to life. Even the most carefully planned action may backfire on you. You are all humans and will recieve ZERO enhancements throughout the RP. Basically, whatever training/experience your character has will be just that at the start although experience is always gained. Gear and equipment do not count towards this. In addition, any guards will only be limited to a measly pistol at the start. The basic unit archetype you can be is anyone that will be needed in a facility. This takes place in the SC2 universe. >>>>> Are you ready to unlock the secrets of Area 27? Props to those who got the reference...supaflyz15 Dec 12, 2012
Dec 12, 2012 Thunder's and Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 4) The code of conduct remains unchanged my friends, what I say goes, and the roaches in the back haven't been fed recently. (Please excuse me while I fix that) Now to the important stuff... Drink menu: A Jim Raynor -- Cheap, harsh, and served up warm in a filthy glass. A Tychus Findlay -- You’re not actually sure what it is, but you spilled a few drops and the counter is still smoking. The Zeratul -- It isn’t served to you, instead it appears from the shadows. Then, when you try to drink it, you experience weird visions and the glass disappears. Zergling “Special” -- “Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gal…” Firebat -- Burns goin’ down AND comin’ back up. Psi-Storm -- Hits so hard you’ll remember what happened tomorrow, yesterday. Grounds for Divorce -- Matt Horner was drinking these when he “won” a fateful card game. What He’s Having -- Kachinsky always seems to be in here, so whatever he’s having must be pretty good. Baneling Body Shot -- Are you sure this is a good idea? I’m not sure where to put the lime... A Glass of Milk -- “Whaddya mean there aren’t any cows in Koprulu? Where’d this come from then?“ The Solar Shot -- For those looking for a good time. Flame-proof clothing recommended, cuz you’ll be shining brighter than the star of Typhon. Korhalian BackStabber -- Good for the recently betrayed and left for dead. The Jail Breaker -- new from the recently opened New Folsom Prison Bar. The Bloody Medic -- kills the pain, but we still say you should have a doctor check that out. Redstone Mixer -- expensive, but I can guarantee it’ll be served in a clean and sterilized glass. Careful, that lava’s hot. The Broadcaster -- You’re not ready for the raw $ex appeal this sucker brings. A favorite of a certain ex-convict. The Hellracer -- suspension of sobriety is an integral part of any drinking experience, but this experience requires suspension of sobriety and inhibitions. The Maelstrom Shocker -- Only served here, a 40% bigger hit than standard Shockers, guaranteed. Psionic Cooler -- yes, I know it feels weird. Don’t worry, the energy coming out of your body should wear off in a couple days (insert generic letters to indicate gibberish) -- I don’t know what’s in it either, but that guy down there had one. He started screaming and thrashing for a while, and now he hasn’t gotten up off the floor in over an hour. The Judicator -- Perfect for influencing the minds of the intoxicated. Prismatic Void -- Gets better with every drink. Has been known to be lethal. Mind Shredder: perfect for those wishing to forget everything and start a new life. For anyone not wishing to do this, this drink isn’t advised. Scotty Bolgers old no. 8: the good stuff Andorian Ale: Can’t tell you how I got this, its a trade secret. Charge: Made using stim and several other ingredients. Side effects vary. Mjolnir (Thor’s Hammer): If you really want to feel hammered, this is for you. Served with a side of hot lead. Enlightenment: tell me when you get there. Marine: may cause you to see the counter vanish Feedback: served cold. All those annoying voices in your head start telling you what you did wrong today. M.U.L.E.: Good buzz, but may cause a break down later. Haven Splitter: you’ll either feel warm, safe, and content, or depressed, paranoid, and possibly like injecting yourself with random serums. 50/50 shot. Ace Suicide: I don’t actually know what this does. Nor do I recommend it. Alcoholic Projector: Ever wanted to know what you’re actually like when you get totally trashed? Take a few sips of this, and all the alcohol in your system will condense into a ‘party’ version of yourself, where you are completely wasted, have no inhibitions, and are just out for a ‘little’ fun. The more you’ve drunk beforehand, the better the projection. Have fun! The HBRB: however crazy you think you are, this will make you worse. Yes, that includes you, namesake. The Noodle Incident: we all know what happens when you take this. It needs no explanation. Little bit of everything: Exactly what it says. I’ve taken everything I’ve got, mixed it together, and put in the laser accelerator for a few hours. There’s no telling what will happen. Slicer: Has the unique property that it changes effect depending on the drinker's personality, amplifying any traits they have a good thousand times over. Buzzes in the back of your skull begin after three drinks, amplify slowly, and you randomly sprout wings after the 11th glass. The Scoutmaster: May result in the drinkee feeling experiencing high levels of Trustworthiness, Loyalty, Helpfulness, Friendliness, Courtesy, Kindness, Obedience, Cheerfulness, Thriftiness, Bravery, Cleanliness, and Reverence. Not Recommended for parties. Mar Sara Black: need a pick me up, or something for radiation poisoning? Or jut something to get a good buzz going that doesn’t break down? Then say good night, because we won’t be seeing you until the morning. If you wake up. The Smylez: This beverage is delicious, trust me. Drinking it will have absolutely no harmful effects on you (please ignore the green smoke), and your liver and kidneys will not be damaged in the least. Seriously. Nukester's Supreme - Some said he was crazy, he said they were right. After much struggling, he added this drink to the menu. Crimson red and transparent, this steams, and condensation will gather on the glass. Take a sip, and go for a ride, anything could happen. Side effects may vary; depending on weight. Only consume in shot glasses. Nukester is not responsible for any changes in behavior, or appearance. See your doctor if it gets in eyes. Drink accessories: pylon shards (for those that need that extra crunchy glitter) hydralisk spine umbrella (not for the more bubbly drinks) Mentos: you’ve seen that experiment with Coke? Wait till you see what happens with this stuff. Laser accelerator: Heh heh, you think you’ve had it all? Time for a little ‘randomosity’. Maximum time of one week. The menu will updated every so often, so check back to see if there is anything new you might like to try. There are only two rules here: If anyone starts a bar fight I will either: 1) throw you into the pen of Roaches I keep in the back. I feed them regularly, but you know how voracious Zerg are 2) personally blow your head off, and use your dead body to make new drinks and 3: what happens in the bar, stays in the bar. So come. Drink. Enjoy. Chat with friends. Make new ones. Pick up a date [or a one night stand ;) ]. Drown your sorrows. Complain about your life. For those of the literary bent, use this opportunity to get the creative juices [among other things] flowing. As long as you pay your tab, and don’t break anything, I really don’t care what you do. And the best part is: no hangovers!Zarkun500 Dec 12, 2012
Dec 12, 2012 This Is Their Story: Chapter V Continuing... Previous Thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7006343146?page=1 Story Page: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7004453015#3 Character List: >Korozain< Name: Kain "Korozain" Orin Build: Light Descendant: Orin Family, "Korozain" Orin, Shade Gheist Legend Description: Tall, moderately muscled. Black, short spiked hair. (Uses a natural tree sap for "hairgel") Dark Tan skin, mild facial hair (thin beard around mouth). Wears a thin, durable metal obsidian like armor. Armor is ornate, and a sacred model to the Orin Family. Starts with an obsidian polearm(ornate sword tip much like a Naginata) with a dark metal tip. Personality wise, he is very distant from other people but once he trusts you, he'll speak to you. He tends to tell jokes a lot, mainly very dark sense of humor. Mercy, love, compassion. All are lost concepts to him. Known mental issues in the past... Skills: Dark Arts, long melee weapons(staffs or spears), Agile. [Dark Arts is a fighting style used by psionics of the Shade Gheists that normally involves kicks or joint(like elbows and knees) attacks, also allows the fighter to use a dark energy and cast attacks (requires alot of energy and willpower to do.] >Zarkun< Name: Jared "Slasher" Rios Body build: Average Descendant: Rios, Cayl Rios-Lord Knight of Loria Description: Brown eyes, Scar on left eye and arm, brown hair, thin and muscular, leather armor with mithrite reinforcment and Lorian nanites in blood stream, goatee, solemn, but loyal to friends and family. Likes to train in all shapes and forms, including working out. Wields a single edged long sword and VMN-300 Submachine gun Skills: Weapons master, namely with single edged long swords, marksmen, and hand to hand combatant, quick and agile, not unlike his ancestor. >Warhawk< Name: Stefan "Hawkeye" Alexander Body build: average Descendant: Honor Alexander - High Admiral Description: - Appearance; about 6 foot, muscles like a swimmer, eurasian decent with a solid tan, green eyes, longish dark brown hair kept back in a ponytail, some stubble, hunting boots(black), military cargo pants(green camo), tee shirt(white), reenforced leather bracers(brown), armored vest(green camo). - Personality; suspicious of those he doesn’t know, hard to befriend, trusts friends to watch his back, despises traitors. - Behaviors; formal with all he doesn’t know, far more open with friends, highly protective of the weak, to betray him is to sign your death warrant. Skills: well trained in mixed martial arts, near expert marksman, wide array of survival skills. Weapon: high-powered bolt action hunting rifle w/ retractable 6” bayonet and removable scope. Also has a set of brass knuckles. >ShadowFury< Name: Jordan Raksin Build: Light Descendent: Raksin, a powerful Field Marshall. Description: Appearance: Is about 5' 7" and is almost without muscular build. Is pale white skinned with brown eyes and brown military style haircut. A clean shaven face. He wears camouflage fabric and hard brown leather boots. He wears a kevlar vest just under his shirt. Personality: Doesn't give sh!t about others. Though other than that he's a happy go lucky. Behavior: Often wanders into situations where he has to end up running away while randomly firing. Skills: Is a grand marksman as well as very stealthy. Weapon: High powered rifle with scope. Name: Cole Davin Build: Heavy Descendent: Kofrin Davin, the biggest human to walk the universe. Earned a place in history simply by being able to kill several Zerg hives by himself. Description: Appearance: 6' 10" with tons of muscles. His skin is tanned with brown eyes and bald. He has no facial hair. He wears black muscle shirt with black sweat pants and a kevlar vest. Personality: Friendly and will do anything for a friend. He is very trusting. He is a complete idiot. Behavior: He will often accidentally destroy an object. Sometimes of great value. Skills: Can use anything that he can hold as a weapon. Weapon: A Flanged Mace. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Maza_de_armas.jpg >Jester< Name: McKenzie Huntington Build: Light, Lithe Descendent: Max Huntington, infamous Mercenary Leader Description: Appearance: Roughly 5' 10" with tanned skin, blue eyes, short red hair. Uses a black light armor with stripes of red around her armor. Doesn't like wear a helmet. Personality: Realistic person who likes people, and charismatic. Usually well-liked, even to people who don't know her. Behavior: Enjoys combat, but tries to find a peaceful solutions to stop fights before they start. Skills: Good with Automatic rifles and psionic abilities that allow her to summon a projection of a creature who fights. This creature lasts for about 8 minutes. Weapon: Exotic automatic rifle with a bayonet. Has twin serrated knives >CrymsonRaven< Name: Jen Stukov Devise Body build: Average, Lithe Descendant: Devise and Stukov, Rebecca and Leon during their times and they led a group of Terran's of their own on a planet that was nowhere near the Dominion after something happened on a certain planet. Description: 5'11" palish skin to a tanned look, orange eyes, very dark brown hair, hair is long and slightly wavy. Wears a leather vest along with chaps and a cloak. Hard to sway, hunter, thoughts of adaption. Can be quiet and is hard to trust others at first but once there is respect and trust along with friendship then she will help them in need. Skills: Good psionics since the first people that started the bloodline were a Shadow and a Valkyrie. Is adapt at a hunting spear that can be used for multiple uses, fishing, hunting, killing, leverage... Weapon: Hunting SpearKorozain500 Dec 12, 2012
Dec 12, 2012 Sundered Earth The sand shifted under the weight of the columns of siege tanks rolling across the great arid dunes. Companies of infantry marched alongside the tanks. Overhead, a squadron of vikings flew ahead of the battalion. Several battle hellions guarded the rear. Near the center of the group, the visor of a marine opened, revealing a burly man with a scar running diagonally across his nose. He lit up a cigar and placed it on his mouth. "Major Shawn, remind me why we are moving out in this hellish desert?" The major tilted his head slightly at the lieutenant. "Lt. Kennedy, the commander has told us to move out in order to erect a fortified position on the Zerg forces before commencing an attack. That means we are moving out to create a defensive position near our enemy. You of all people should know this." Lt. Kennedy gave an audible sigh. "It''s just the Zergs are always so damn mobile and this environment is perfect for those buggers. Have you heard what happened to Gamma company? They went first and they were annihilated before they made it halfway across the battlefield. Only some five percent of the company made it back and many of them where wounded. "I heard what happened and I lost some good friends there. They won't catch us twice with the same tactis. We follow orders and our orders are to secure a suitable area to attack. It's only a few more kilos away. It should not take us more than half an hour at our pace." "I hope you're right major." "Me too Lt."supaflyz0 Dec 12, 2012
Dec 11, 2012 Separatist Space, VI Please keep the majority of OOC posts in Separatist Space, Discussion. Thank you http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7200051805 Separatist Space, the story so far... The RP takes place in "Separatist" space. Which is past protoss space. Some Terrans were exploring past protoss space (which is illegal might I add) and found even more intelligent lifeforms then they could imagine(all those custom races and such). With some funding from many governments and organizations, hundreds of thousands of colonists were being exported out from terran space and into distant space. The colonists got tired of being bossed around by all of their shareholders and pretty much announced themselves separate from the Terrans in Terran space. Hence, the lands they colonized became, "Separatist" space and the colonists became "Separatists" because they supported the separation of separatist space and Terran space. Many more events caused the separatist movement, but to sum it up in a few paragraphs, there ya go. Separatist Space, Backstory Entire colonies have been going missing, frigates carrying valuable cargo, gone. Terrans are still new to Separatist space and the Separatist Military is doing little to stop investigate. IMPORTANT NOTE This RP is extremely open, if you want to not engage in the main plot, that is totally fine, I would not recomend it but I will still allow it. Also keep in mind that at first you will have to pursue the main story, you will not start according to the main story. You will start out however you wish, wherever you wish.MarkusDaWise500 Dec 11, 2012
Dec 11, 2012 Dramas of the Copper League Hello there! Many of your probably don't know who I am, and that's because I haven't really posted in Joeyray's Bar before. Anyways, a conversation I had once upon a time in the General Discussion forums inspired me to make this thread. Basically what you do is pick a matchup of 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4, think of some bizarre strategies (cheeses work, too) that would never/rarely work against high-league players, and merge them into a drama. If you think you can write a really good prequel or sequel to another person's drama, then you may -- otherwise you can come up with your own or simply provide feedback for others. You can also link to videos and/or replays that illustrate something that happens in your drama. Here is mine: --- The Zerg was on his last leg as he took his third base at the 37 minute mark. The enemy Terran had moved past the Lair at the Zerg's natural, deciding rather to attack the main base of the Zerg. The force of Marines was taken out by some Banelings that had been burrowed around the Zerg's main Hatchery, but not before significant damage had been dealt. The Spawning Pool was gone. The Hydralisk Den was gone. Roaches were useless as the Terran had covered half of the map with Planetary Fortresses -- it would take forever for Roaches to burrow their way through the maze of structures. The only remaining useful combat unit against ground he could produce was the Mutalisk. This was it. For the most efficient strike, he would have to mass as many Mutalisks as he possibly could. After a good 10 minutes worth of mining, he had successfully accumulated 10,000 gas and 15,000 minerals. He was ready. The next process was a horrible one filled with sacrifices and supply blocks. Once the Zerg realized that more Overlords would be useless in providing supply, there was only one thing he could resort to in order to make more Mutalisks -- he selected the Mutas he had, and painfully targeted one of his faithful Drones. He did so again. After this, he selected his Lair, selected his Larvae, and built another Mutalisk. He was then supply blocked again. "Why, oh why can't I just morph two Drones into a Mutalisk like the Protoss can morph Templar into Void Rays?" he cried. He winced as he thought of the nightmare of mass Void Rays melting everything in their path, including his Zerg armies. He continued to repeat the same process of killing two drones, selecting his Lair, selecting the Larvae, and building another Mutalisk. Each Drone scream made him shudder, but this had to be done. --- MEANWHILE, the Terran was about to execute a very specific timing, using music he was playing on a personalized playlist consisting of one song to help him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uFIXCDCfDENinjaDuckBob1 Dec 11, 2012
Dec 10, 2012 Wait, what? Nukester got the boot. I went to my Computer guide thingy to add a bit more, and noticed something... Nukester is completely missing, after a search, I've found that hes been completely erased from history..... Huh. Interesting, guess he got the boot for good this time.Duke12 Dec 10, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 May look at some of the older RPs........... And start a new one based of a few of them.... Considering how interesting RPs are in short supply and im doubting ill get into Reaper and since CPOK and FS died................MechaGhidrah4 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 In Glory We Return “It is my great honor this day to present Colonel Wells with the rank of Brigadier General. He has served the Terran Dominion since its founding, and in that time he has distinguished himself by earning three Imperial Shield Metals, four commendations for valor, a Purple Heart, and The Banner of Terra for holding the lines against insurmountable odds. Unfortunately, to fully list his accomplishments on the battlefield and while in command would take more time to list than we have today, so that will have to do. Colonel Wells, please step forward.” There was a sudden applause as Colonel Wells stepped up to the podium. His black dress uniform was perfectly pressed and situated as required by regulation, the gold and silver awards in stark contrast with the rest of the uniform. Colonel Wells came to attention and saluted the Major General in charge of the awards ceremony. The Major General returned the salute and picked up a fabric box from the podium. He opened it to reveal two stars. With deft motions the Major General removed the two eagles that represented the rank of Colonel from Colonel Well’s lapel. He set them in the box and removed the two stars. The Major General placed these in the positions once held by the eagles, took a step back and saluted again. Brigadier General Wells returned the salute. “Allow me to be the first to congratulate you Brigadier.” Said the Major General as he extended his hand. Brigadier Wells grasped the extended hand and shook it. The Major General returned to the podium. “Brigadier Wells has a few words for us now.” He stepped aside to allow Brigadier Wells to take the stand. Brigadier Wells took the stand, took a deep breath and began. “First off I would like to thank…….” --------------------------------------------One Year Later------------------------------------------------------------------ Brigadier Wells sat behind his desk filling out the paperwork that had become his life now that he no longer had a field command. He wasn’t discontent exactly, but he did miss the action of being deployed into a combat zone. Once again, he found himself wishing he was back on the field. Wells shook his head to chase the thoughts away and returned to the paperwork on his desk. Fate had decided to play another one of its tricks that day. Brigadier Wells didn’t know it, but his wish had been granted earlier that morning. The messenger was on his way even as Brigadier Wells contemplated the personnel report in front of him. He had just put his signature on it when there was a knock on the door. “Enter.” There was a hiss as the door slid sideways to allow a Major in. He took five steps into the office and saluted. “Major Dent reporting sir! I have deployment orders for you.” Deployment orders? “At ease Major. Let me see them please.” Brigadier Wells took the letter from the Major’s outstretched hand and opened it without ceremony. Brigadier Well’s eyes flew back and forth as he read the letter in its entirety not once but twice. He tossed the letter onto his desk and leaned back in his chair with a sigh. He spent a moment contemplating the ceiling. “Be careful what you wish for.” Wells whispered to himself. “Sir?” The Major inquired. “Be careful what you wish for Major. You just might get it.” ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sign up rules: Terrans only. No psionics. You are an infantryman in service of the Dominion. Your character will be almost special ops quality and have something they are better at than almost anyone else. Examples: Demolition, Sniper, Sharpshooter, Heavy support, etc. User Name: Character name: Character rank: Character equipment: Character specialty: Character description: Character history: I do not plan to officially start this for several days.Zanon500 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Politics and Peoples Part 1 Backstory: Nearly 100 years ago, the last great war ended. The humans had gained control over the sector, and had exiled the Zerg and Protoss. Originally, it was decided that all should be put into one, giant, Galactic Empire, however, this lost favor and instead many smaller states were made. A Great Council was made, for all diplomats in the galaxy to meet at and discuss major issues within the galaxy, however it could only make limited decisions, and had no military power other than an alliance with everyone in the galaxy. Surprisingly though, it held on, and has held on for one-hundred years, maintaining near-constant peace and making swift decisions to all issues. But recently, the small fringe nation of Mirlt went dark, and when an investigation showed that it had been utterly destroyed, it was abandoned and it's representative killed himself. Could it have been a Zerg? A Protoss? Something else? Nobody knew, and so a council was scheduled to be called in... Description of RP: This RP will be....different. It won't work as most do, but rather will work by making war, political talk, and the occasional war/fight. You may have several different types of characters, free characters of your nation who are free to do whatever, and may engage in subplots if you wish, a Leader, and a diplomat. Having all three are recommended, but only a diplomat is required. You will have an entire nation at your disposal, and may do with it as you please. Discussion Thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7199029893Dacder500 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Hey Dacder, Riderdouble's Back Just saying. Go see for yourself on General Discussion.blitz1 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Final Stand (Open RP) Humanity has been pushed to the brink of extinction by the Zerg and Protoss. For three decades, they have been waging a merciless war against the Terrans, glassing and infesting every planet that fell, and leaving the Terrans without a way out. Slowly but surely they were forced to a single planet in the Koprulu Sector and then they set out for Earth, finding more established resistance, but nothing they weren't able to whittle away at. Three bastions of human resistance remain, Earth, Korhal IV and Mars, which was finally made habitable three years before the Fall of Humanity began. In those three years, it was turned into a military bastion, armed with ever upgraded weaponry, and is also the place where Project Final Flash was carried out. This project is the reason Humanity is still surviving. It produced the Artemis soldiers, genetically altered and modified super soldiers that could stand toe to toe with the most elite of Protoss warriors and put them to shame. You are soldier among the human ranks, Artemis or otherwise, and you are part of a force dedicated to helping humanity rise again, not just continue to exist. However, things look bleak. First you must reestablish communications with the other two planets, a dangerous task with Infested and Zealots prowling the halls of the long range communications towers, and who knows what else. Then you have to rebuild your fleets, but the shipyards are overrun with Zerg and Protoss forces, including things never before seen. Both tasks are extremely dangerous, but possible with a proper amount of teamwork. Pick up your weapon, show your heart of courage, and lead the charge to reclaim Humanity's future, or make your final stand. The choice, is up to you. Restating that you are not allowed to derail the main plot in any way shape or form. Link to the PRP: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7199029942?page=1#1Zarkun296 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 6, 2012 Separatist Space, V Please keep the majority of OOC posts in Separatist Space, Discussion. Thank you http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7200051805 Separatist Space, the story so far... The RP takes place in "Separatist" space. Which is past protoss space. Some Terrans were exploring past protoss space (which is illegal might I add) and found even more intelligent lifeforms then they could imagine(all those custom races and such). With some funding from many governments and organizations, hundreds of thousands of colonists were being exported out from terran space and into distant space. The colonists got tired of being bossed around by all of their shareholders and pretty much announced themselves separate from the Terrans in Terran space. Hence, the lands they colonized became, "Separatist" space and the colonists became "Separatists" because they supported the separation of separatist space and Terran space. Many more events caused the separatist movement, but to sum it up in a few paragraphs, there ya go. Separatist Space, Backstory Entire colonies have been going missing, frigates carrying valuable cargo, gone. Terrans are still new to Separatist space and the Separatist Military is doing little to stop investigate. IMPORTANT NOTE This RP is extremely open, if you want to not engage in the main plot, that is totally fine, I would not recomend it but I will still allow it. Also keep in mind that at first you will have to pursue the main story, you will not start according to the main story. You will start out however you wish, wherever you wish.MarkusDaWise500 Dec 6, 2012
Dec 5, 2012 World's End IV Lore taken directly from UaSD in the link below http://www.cortexrp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1826 Please use the other thread for character creation or comments. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6759235913?page=1 The Great Continents of Corinth and Edeyn: Corinth is a massive landmass that is home to many unique lifeforms. This great continent is home to various species of creatures and races. Races govern their own lands selfishly from one another but trading is fairly common between the three planes. Corinth is bound by laws of nature that affect the land the same time and the same manner. A cycle of four seasons is used to measure the passage of time. Day is determined by the rise and set of the sun while the same goes for the moon. Across the three planes, all of its inhabitants share a similar fable in that a higher being created them in their image. Scholars across Corinth hypothesize that this is likely why all sentient life looks humanoid. The floating paradise of Edeyn lies above Corinth in the sky plane which stretches above the land and sea and they are also subjected by the natural laws that affect Corinth. Its landmark is a series of highly elevated mountains that is surrounded at all times by endless clouds. A massive gateway somewhere within the mountains acts as a bridge between the two land masses. Land is kept afloat above the clouds through arcane means. It is the home of winged beings called Sylt'ar who built great floating cities and forts by bounding arcane power. While they still call the mountains their home, many of them migrated to Edeyn. Most of the wildlife are domesticated. Much of the scarce land in the plane of sky have been used as living space for the Sylt'ar. It is said that the plane of the skies is the most beautiful of the three planes. Streams of energy flow through the planes of the sky. Corinth has many diverse geographical features, ranging from the vast plains to the scorching desert to the great forests. Many different types of species are found across the lands. In addition, the plane of the land is divided into major races. They are the Humans, Beastmen, and Krynar. They guard their borders zealously and rarely do they interact with each other except for merchants who travel on trade routes. News rarely travel fast. Although there are occasional skirmishes for territory, the leaders of each nations learn to coexist with one another. Rare creatures like giants tend to keep to themselves in remote areas of the continent. A great sea surrounds the continent and though the races of Corinth do not like to travel by water, ports do exist for the purpose of commerce. Empyrean Relics: The Empyrean Relics are said to contain the powers of the planes themselves. They are powerful artifacts believed to have existed since time's beginning. There are two relics and each one is present in a plane. The relics change their forms depending on their surroundings with respect to their planes. Although their power is immeasurable, it is drawn from the determination and strength of the users. In the wrong hands, these relics can cause misfortune. As such, they are used only in times of great emergencies. Each race in possession of the relics uses them differently. Presently, the Sylt'ar is in possession of a relic that takes the form of a scepter. It is a symbol of leadership that is passed down to a new line of succession to prove their right to rule. The relic of the land was split into four pieces after events that occurred long ago. Each race in the land of the planes has a shard of the relic. The Beastmen's shard takes the form of an amulet while the shard of the Krynar takes the form of a ring. Considered to be their most prized possessions, these shards are locked away safely by both nations. As for the humans, the shard is that of a sword who chooses its wielder randomly. The last shard is lost to the ages, waiting to be found once more. The Sylt'ar The Sylt'ar are winged human beings whose strengths lies in their speed and agility. They perceived themselves as the direct descendants of the gods. As a result, they believe themselves to be better than the other races. This attitude give them little reason to interact with “lesser races” and it is rare to see one in the planes of the land. They have a central governing body lead by nobles from various city states. Sylt'ar looks exactly like a human but their white wings are the only thing that makes the difference. Due to their wings, the average Sylt'ar is physically weaker than a human. However, their military is formidable. Well trained in the uses of ranged combat and spears, they are a deadly agile and strong force to reckon with. In addition, they have a natural affinity for magic. Thanks to a period of peace and prosperity, the Sylt'ar's military is being scaled back but a well trained sizable army is still trained nonetheless. On average, they mature around 10 and live to 40 years old. In death, they will become join with the energy stream in the sky plane. However, if they die and bear a burden, they are able to manifest as spirits and communicate with the living. With a stronger mind, they can physically interact with the real world. When they find peace, they will eventually join up with the energy stream. Humans: Humans are among the most resourceful and ambitious among all the races. Years of wars with one another has kept the human race strong and steadfast. On the technological front, they are among the most advanced with airships and cannons. Adhering to a class system, humans place great emphasis on birthplace and nobility. Classism is quite common and accepted. It is legislated at times. Those who find the means to learn topics such as engineering and magic often show an astute ability to learn, practice and advance into new frontiers. They are also among the must industrialized and their trade routes are quite comprehensive. City-states everywhere experienced a population boom when the late ruler united all the lands of humanity under one banner. The former kingdom of humanity prospered but during it collapse, numerous warlords rose to take advantage of the chaos in their quest of power, splitting the area into numerous fractions. Only recently the lands were reunited. Humans are the jack of trades in terms of their attributes. Calvary supported with infantry present a challenge to any foe. Organized warfare is favored but tactics used by the Beastmen are proving to be troublesome with this philosophy. Beastmen: Many believe that the beastmen are savages who live deep in the forest homes. This belief kept most humans from ever venturing into their lands. While they are seen as primitive, it is far from the truth as they are civilized. Traditionalists by nature, they have lived and prospered far longer than any other race. Due to territorial expansion by other races onto their lands, Beastmen have a particularly strong hatred for them especially humans. The Beastmen through some means are highly evolved than their lesser brethren. They developed a written and verbal language. Social with one another, they have knowledge of tool making. They are capable of standing upright and utilizing their animal instincts. Beastmen can be found in all forms from deers to the more predatory lions. Matriarchal, all subsequent rulers were queens who ruled under a single house without interruption. Although they are fierce and impulsive individually, they are lost as a race without someone to guide them. While some evolved to Beastmen, many did not. These lesser beasts cooperate with their more evolved counterparts out of mutual bonds even though they cannot communicate with each other efficiently. Militarily, they use hit and run tactics especially in their forest home. Magical prowess is rare among Beastmen. Krynar: Powerful mystics whose powers are concentrated in the west, the Krynar look similar to humans but they become scaly and greener in appearance as they mature. An ancient gate separates the nation from the human and beastmen. Some say they came from dragons of old but many dismiss it as nonsense. Both genders have an affinity for magic but females are generally more powerful than males. Magical powers physically change the beholder and auras can be seen by the most powerful Krynar. They live exceptionally long lives and they age very slowly. They are prideful and independent folks and choose to spend their lives in solitude, traveling and thinking about intangible things. The Krynar are not as great in numbers as the other races. However, there are artisan builders and crafters, the best and efficient in Corinth. As such, their cities are large, magnificent and well defended. Their standing army is nothing to sneeze at either. War beasts, magical users and a powerful array of infantry ensures they are a potent force. Their council is very conservative and they take a long time to make decisions, preferring to plan first before acting. Arcane Animals: These are animals generally influenced by magic and they differ from normal wildlife in that they may have an innate control of magic they are born with and as a rule, they are much more intelligent than normal wildlife. Whether they are respected or hunted out of food or sport, their number dwindle as the years pass. Some arcane animals are gryphon and basilisks. Celestials: Through dark magic, the spirit of the dead can be brought back to the realm of the living. How they are seen depends greatly on the potency of the spell and the skill of the caster. They are rarely seen, let alone studied as all the races outlawed the summoning of celestials and the amount of power to summon one is massive. They are malevolent entities in all cases.Zarkun215 Dec 5, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 The Vault of the Ancient RP Setting: Around the timeline of Heart of the Swarm Objective: The three races are fighting over for control of a Xel'naga artifact. Protoss: The star maps found on several Xel'naga temple points point to a specific coordinate on the fringes of Koprulu space and translations suggests that an artifact of great power is there. Seeking to utilize everything to turn the tide of war, the Hierarchy has taken no chances and dispatched nearly a fifth of their Great Fleet to secure this artifact. The Dominion: An insider tip has provided the Dominion leadership information about the artifact's location. Seeking to gain an monopoly on alien technology and reverse engineering them, a potent specialized strike force has been sent to retrieve the artifact for Dominion research. Zerg Swarm: Sarah Kerrigan is still continuing her quest for vengeance on the Koprulu sector. Through various attacks on Dominion facilities, she has learned of the Dominion's plans despite their efforts to purge the data. Though she is not personally leading the attack as her attention is demanded elsewhere and the size of brood is significantly smaller than it was when she was the Queen of Blades, her brood is still very large. She has sent several powerful broods lead by various Broodmothers to seize the artifact so she can utilize it against Mengsk. Notes: Any questions can be asked in the RP. There will be several COs for each race that will inform you of what they know. Your character will likely lead a small squad of NPCs. Broodmothers do not show themselves in the open and work behind in the shadows because their deaths signifies a feral Zerg brood that will consume any living thing unless someone controls them. So you will be working through "pets" for the most part. Application: Standard application. I will review and give the OK.supaflyz12 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 World's End, Discussion Lore taken directly from UaSD in the link below http://www.cortexrp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1826 The Great Continents of Corinth and Edeyn: Corinth is a massive landmass that is home to many unique lifeforms. This great continent is home to various species of creatures and races. Races govern their own lands selfishly from one another but trading is fairly common between the three planes. Corinth is bound by laws of nature that affect the land the same time and the same manner. A cycle of four seasons is used to measure the passage of time. Day is determined by the rise and set of the sun while the same goes for the moon. Across the three planes, all of its inhabitants share a similar fable in that a higher being created them in their image. Scholars across Dyllena hypothesize that this is likely why all sentient life looks humanoid. The floating paradise of Edeyn lies above Dyllen in the sky plane which stretches above the land and sea and they are also subjected by the natural laws that affect Dyllen. Its landmark is a series of highly elevated mountains that is surrounded at all times by endless clouds. A massive gateway somewhere within the mountains acts as a bridge between the two land masses. Land is kept afloat above the clouds through arcane means. It is the home of winged beings called Sylt'ar who built great floating cities and forts by bounding arcane power. While they still call the mountains their home, many of them migrated to Edeyn. Most of the wildlife are domesticated. Much of the scarce land in the plane of sky have been used as living space for the Sylt'ar. It is said that the plane of the skies is the most beautiful of the three planes. Streams of energy flow through the planes of the sky. Corinth has many diverse geographical features, ranging from the vast plains to the scorching desert to the great forests. Many different types of species are found across the lands. In addition, the plane of the land is divided into major races. They are the Humans, Beastmen, and Krynar. They guard their borders zealously and rarely do they interact with each other except for merchants who travel on trade routes. News rarely travel fast. Although there are occasional skirmishes for territory, the leaders of each nations learn to coexist with one another. Rare creatures like giants tend to keep to themselves in remote areas of the continent. A great sea surrounds the continent and though the races of Dyllena do not like to travel by water, ports do exist for the purpose of commerce. Empyrean Relics: The Empyrean Relics are said to contain the powers of the planes themselves. They are powerful artifacts believed to have existed since time's beginning. There are two relics and each one is present in a plane. The relics change their forms depending on their surroundings with respect to their planes. Although their power is immeasurable, it is drawn from the determination and strength of the users. In the wrong hands, these relics can cause misfortune. As such, they are used only in times of great emergencies. Each race in possession of the relics uses them differently. Presently, the Sylt'ar is in possession of a relic that takes the form of a scepter. It is a symbol of leadership that is passed down to a new line of succession to prove their right to rule. The relic of the land was split into four pieces after events that occurred long ago. Each race in the land of the planes has a shard of the relic. The Beastmen's shard takes the form of an amulet while the shard of the Krynar takes the form of a ring. Considered to be their most prized possessions, these shards are locked away safely by both nations. As for the humans, the shard is that of a sword who chooses its wielder randomly. The last shard is lost to the ages, waiting to be found once more. The Sylt'ar The Sylt'ar are winged human beings whose strengths lies in their speed and agility. They perceived themselves as the direct descendants of the gods. As a result, they believe themselves to be better than the other races. This attitude give them little reason to interact with “lesser races” and it is rare to see one in the planes of the land. They have a central governing body lead by nobles from various city states. Sylt'ar looks exactly like a human but their white wings are the only thing that makes the difference. Due to their wings, the average Sylt'ar is physically weaker than a human. However, their military is formidable. Well trained in the uses of ranged combat and spears, they are a deadly agile and strong force to reckon with. In addition, they have a natural affinity for magic. Thanks to a period of peace and prosperity, the Sylt'ar's military is being scaled back but a well trained sizable army is still trained nonetheless. On average, they mature around 10 and live to 40 years old. In death, they will become join with the energy stream in the sky plane. However, if they die and bear a burden, they are able to manifest as spirits and communicate with the living. With a stronger mind, they can physically interact with the real world. When they find peace, they will eventually join up with the energy stream. Humans: Humans are among the most resourceful and ambitious among all the races. Years of wars with one another has kept the human race strong and steadfast. On the technological front, they are among the most advanced with airships and cannons. Adhering to a class system, humans place great emphasis on birthplace and nobility. Classism is quite common and accepted. It is legislated at times. Those who find the means to learn topics such as engineering and magic often show an astute ability to learn, practice and advance into new frontiers. They are also among the must industrialized and their trade routes are quite comprehensive. City-states everywhere experienced a population boom when the late ruler united all the lands of humanity under one banner. The former kingdom of humanity prospered but during it collapse, numerous warlords rose to take advantage of the chaos in their quest of power, splitting the area into numerous fractions. Only recently the lands were reunited. Humans are the jack of trades in terms of their attributes. Calvary supported with infantry present a challenge to any foe. Organized warfare is favored but tactics used by the Beastmen are proving to be troublesome with this philosophy. Beastmen: Many believe that the beastmen are savages who live deep in the forest homes. This belief kept most humans from ever venturing into their lands. While they are seen as primitive, it is far from the truth as they are civilized. Traditionalists by nature, they have lived and prospered far longer than any other race. Due to territorial expansion by other races onto their lands, Beastmen have a particularly strong hatred for them especially humans. The Beastmen through some means are highly evolved than their lesser brethren. They developed a written and verbal language. Social with one another, they have knowledge of tool making. They are capable of standing upright and utilizing their animal instincts. Beastmen can be found in all forms from deers to the more predatory lions. Matriarchal, all subsequent rulers were queens who ruled under a single house without interruption. Although they are fierce and impulsive individually, they are lost as a race without someone to guide them. While some evolved to Beastmen, many did not. These lesser beasts cooperate with their more evolved counterparts out of mutual bonds even though they cannot communicate with each other efficiently. Militarily, they use hit and run tactics especially in their forest home. Magical prowess is rare among Beastmen. Krynar: Powerful mystics whose powers are concentrated in the west, the Krynar look similar to humans but they become scaly and greener in appearance as they mature. An ancient gate separates the nation from the human and beastmen. Some say they came from dragons of old but many dismiss it as nonsense. Both genders have an affinity for magic but females are generally more powerful than males. Magical powers physically change the beholder and auras can be seen by the most powerful Krynar. They live exceptionally long lives and they age very slowly. They are prideful and independent folks and choose to spend their lives in solitude, traveling and thinking about intangible things. The Krynar are not as great in numbers as the other races. However, there are artisan builders and crafters, the best and efficient in Dyllen. As such, their cities are large, magnificent and well defended. Their standing army is nothing to sneeze at either. War beasts, magical users and a powerful array of infantry ensures they are a potent force. Their council is very conservative and they take a long time to make decisions, preferring to plan first before acting. Arcane Animals: These are animals generally influenced by magic and they differ from normal wildlife in that they may have an innate control of magic they are born with and as a rule, they are much more intelligent than normal wildlife. Whether they are respected or hunted out of food or sport, their number dwindle as the years pass. Some arcane animals are gryphon and basilisks. Celestials: Through dark magic, the spirit of the dead can be brought back to the realm of the living. How they are seen depends greatly on the potency of the spell and the skill of the caster. They are rarely seen, let alone studied as all the races outlawed the summoning of celestials and the amount of power to summon one is massive. They are malevolent entities in all cases.smylez311 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 4, 2012 Politics and Peoples Discussion/Sign Up Hello! This will be my First attempt at DMing, and hope it goes quite well. I was at first discouraged to do this RP due to SS, but I realized they're actually very different. Anyway, enough about that. Backstory: Nearly 100 years ago, the last great war ended. The humans had gained control over the sector, and had exiled the Zerg and Protoss. Originally, it was decided that all should be put into one, giant, Galactic Empire, however, this lost favor and instead many smaller states were made. A Great Council was made, for all diplomats in the galaxy to meet at and discuss major issues within the galaxy, however it could only make limited decisions, and had no military power other than an alliance with everyone in the galaxy. Surprisingly though, it held on, and has held on for one-hundred years, maintaining near-constant peace and making swift decisions to all issues. But recently, the small fringe nation of Mirlt went dark, and when an investigation showed that it had been utterly destroyed, it was abandoned and it's representative killed himself. Could it have been a Zerg? A Protoss? Something else? Nobody knew, and so a council was scheduled to be called in... Description of RP: This RP will be....different. It won't work as most do, but rather will work by making war, political talk, and the occasional war/fight. You may have several different types of characters, free characters of your nation who are free to do whatever, and may engage in subplots if you wish, a Leader, and a diplomat. Having all three are recommended, but only a diplomat is required. You will have an entire nation at your disposal, and may do with it as you please. Sign up example(s): Nation- ^(Your name)^ Name:(Can be anything) Leader(s): Galactic location: (Fringe, Inner, or Outer) Government type: (Be specific! Use "Republican Democracy", not just "Democracy"! Economy Type: (Capitalism, Socialism, Communism, or other.) Money: (Nothing overboard, based on current U.S.D) Military Strength: (Number of troops) Military Tech: (Either custom units, or a 1-3 scale {3 being highest} based on Terran in sc2.) Worlds: (Custom names preferred!) Population: Political Respect: (1-10 scale on how much other nations fear and respect you, be reasonable. I know that may seem slightly excessive, but it's necessary, trust me. Character: ^(Your Name)^ Character Name: Age: Gender: Occupation: (Leader, Diplomat, or other.) Weapons/Armor: Description: Backstory: Feel free to make as many characters as you want! DO NOT POST YET!Dacder104 Dec 4, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 Darkest Heart X Mission Accomplished! With the conclusion of the first hunt, a tournament has been declared to help determine the teams. Who will win? When applying, please use this format: Name Age Abilities (two maximum, one active, one passive) Used Weapons (Must include family weapon and at least one ranged and one melee) Special Notes Mentors ^Zarkun^ Tobi Van Helsing (250 HP) Armament: Argost, Blade of God {Melee, 50 damage [+30 v Light, +300 v monsters, +200 v heroic]}, Chaos and Order, the Justice Bringers {20 range, 60 damagex2 [+40 v Armored, +200 v monsters, +100 v heroic]} Abilities: Monster's bane (Passive), Sixth Sense (Passive), Slayer's blow, Master Monster Hunter (Passive) Valencia Van Helsing (210 HP) Armament: Ragnarok, Shield of Faith {melee, 70 damage [+30 v monsters, +200 v Herioc]}, Etro, Ender of Darkness {9 range, 48 damage [+45 v Light, +70 v monsters, +60 v heroic]}, Ignitus, God's Rage {1 range, 70 damage [+200 v monster, + 50 v armored, +400 v heroic]} Abilities: Monster's Bane (Passive), Sixth Sense (Passive), Master Monster Hunter (Passive), Rapid Stike, Killing Blow, Wall of Flame, Heavy Blows (Passive) Alistair (300 HP) Armament: Heretic {20 range, 60 damage [+60 v monsters, +100 v Heroic, +50 v Armored}], Arbiter {melee, 50 damage {+70 v monsters, +150 v Heroic, + 40 v Light]} Abilities: Unleash Hell, Vampire King (Passive), Raise Undead, Drink Blood Zarrath (450 HP) Armament: Andilite {melee, 80 damage [+400 v monster, +250 v heroic, + 60 v Light]}, Heavyshot Shotgun {8 range, 50 damage [+120 v monsters, +200 v heroic, +70 v Armored]} Abilties: Captain of the Guard (Passive), Heaven's Lightening, Demonic Flame, Smite, Fallen Essence (Passive), Essence of Gods (Passive) Hunters ^BcAce^ Edward Livi, The Flame (105 HP) Armament: Flamethrower {4 range, 12 damage[+12 v Light]}, Fire bombs {6 range, 20 damage[+30 v Armored]}, Oil tanks (about 2 feet long){6 range, 0 damage}, Inferno Shotgun {7 range, 30 damage}, Ragnos, the Purifying Flame {2 range, 15 damage[+90 v monsters]} Abilities: Blue Flames, Thermal bomb (passive) ^MarkusDaWise^ Chris Vict (75 HP) Armament: Standard Issue Hunting Rifle with enhanced scope{8 range, 13 damage[+10 v Light]}, a Buck knife {Melee, 6 damage}, Zeus, God's Lightening {melee, 25 damage [+80 v monsters]} Abilities: Hunt, Endurance (Passive) ^Nikola^ Entrent Oliver (65 HP) Armament: Spiked Gloves {melee, 23 damage [+10 v light]}, Spiked Chains {5 range, 26 damage[+13 v Massive]}, Twin Pistols with Armor-Piercing Rounds {7 range, 15 damage [+45 v Armored]}, Hades, God's Death Bringer {10 range, 35 damage [+75 v monsters]} Abilities: Vengeance (Passive), Deadly Grasp, Death's Embrace ^wfawwer^ Adrammalech VII (100 HP) Armament: Hauteclare {Gun-9 range, 16 damage; Sword-melee, 25 damage}, Scion Seal Launcher { 8 range, 23 damage [+80 v monsters]}, Gladius {Gun- 7 range, 20 damage, Sword- melee, 30 damage}, Abraxas {13 range, 20 damage [Various elemental abilities allowed]} Abilities: (Passive) Hunter of Adrammalech, Empyrean, Summon Adrammalech ^ShadowFury^ Toria Vorias (150 HP) Armament: Ares and Athena, twin daggers of God's Wrath {melee, 25 damagex2 attacks [+40 v monsters, +20 v Light]}, Heaven's Light and Shadow Hunter {15 range, 23 damagex2 attacks [+45 v monsters, + 30 v Armored]} Abilities: Vision of the Shadows (Passive), Call of the Huntress, The Hunt (Passive) ^CrymsonRaven^ Graal (100 HP) Armament: Bayonet Swords {melee, 11 damage}, Hermes, Bringer of Light {12 range, 26 damage [+80 v monsters, +20 v Light]}, Keeper, Balancer's Blade {melee, 45 damage [+85 v monsters, +25 v Armored, +15 v non-balancer]} Abilities: Bayonet Storm, Oath & Faith(Passive), Way of Balance(Passive) Linnzie (155 HP) Armament: Claws {Melee, 23damagex2 attacks [+14 vs light]}, Teeth { Melee, 40 damage [+15 vs Biological]}, Hunting Bow {12 range, 15 damage}, Vanalia, Love and Balance {15 range, 27 damage [+75 vs monsters, +12 vs armored, +10 vs non-balencer]} Abilities:Shadow Walk, Vision of the Pack (Passive), Slayer's blow, True Form (Active) ^oBsLumamastr^ Name: Michael Rondey (110 HP) Age:22 Armament: Athos and Armads {6 range, 19 damage [+12 v Light]}, Solareon, The Purifying Light{melee, 29 damage[+70 v monsters]}, Long range sniper rifle {15 range, 20 damage [+25 v Armored]}, Athos and Armads {15 dmg, 7 range, [+15 vs monster]} Abilities: Fatal Hit (Passive), Mental Strike, Enhanced Vision(Passive with active function) ^morrjo^ Noct (180 HP) Armament: Night's Edge {2 range, 40 damage [+35 v monsters]}, Shards {7 range, 20 damage [+28 v Armored]} Abilities: Shards (Passive), Precognitive vision, Overclock ^Warhawk^ Seraphim Dante (120 HP) Armament: Avenger {melee, 40 damage [+55 v monsters]}, Soul-storm Revolvers {range 7, rapid-fire, damage 20 [+15 vs monsters]}, Rift Warden Gauntlets {melee, charged, 5-30 damage [+15 vs monsters]} {ranged 12, charged, 5-30 damage [+15 vs monsters]}, Medical Kit, Hood of the Stranger (stealth) Abilities: Psi Boost, Advanced Training(Passive), Psi Mastery LV1, Twilight Warden ^Zanon^ Archangel Altun (165 HP) Armament: Archangel's Blade {melee, 30 damage [+70 v monsters, +35 v light]} Abilities: Holy Light (Passive), Smite ^KnarledOne^ Ravener (155 HP) Armament: The Blackrune sword "Lifeswallower" {melee, 28 damage [+75 v monsters, +23 v Light]}, Blackrune knife "Fleshgnawer" {melee, 15 damage}, Modified C-10 Canister Rifle {10 range, 16 damage [+36 v Armored]} Abilities: Engulfing Hunger (Passive), Blackrune Tatoos (Passive), Consume, Blackrune Writing ^TheLostMorph^ Kit Eler (185 HP) Armament: modified proton rifle {ranged 12, 45 damage}, Hos lIngwI' {melee/ranged 3, 25 damage} Abilities: Nano Reflex Replication armor (Semi-passive), various psionic abilities (Semi-passive) ^Dacder^ William Qin (75 HP) Armament: Qin-Ting model 13 {4 range, 18 damage[+30 v Light]}, Qin-Ting Combat Knife model 2.7 {Melee, 14 damage}, Shantra {Melee, 20 damage[+90 v monsters]} Abilities: Engineering mastery (Passive), Smoke Bomb ^dragonbreath^ Tyone (100 HP) Armament: sniper rifle {20 damage, 10 range[+ 40 v Armored]}, pistol {5 damage, 4 range[+15 v Light]}, Patracan {Melee, 15 damage[+85 v Monster]}Zarkun234 Dec 2, 2012
Dec 2, 2012 Just bought the game I'm loving it so far..I have only played like 4 missions in the campaign, I want to start multiplayer but without anyone getting mad at me or something like that since I'm new to starcraft. So I'm wondering if anybody wants to play just keep in mind I'm new. And if i posted in the wrong place I'm sorry, I looked at all the forum titles and this looked like it be best to post in.Primarch9 Dec 2, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 A letter to the past I present an interesting proposition to you forum goers: in 50 words or less give your past self some advice. at the very bottom, tell to what time you would have sent it (this doesn't count against your word count) One last thing, please try to avoid telling things like the winning lottery numbers or sports scores or other such items (they are boring lol)Vecen4 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 30, 2012 Final Stand PRP Humanity has been pushed to the brink of extinction by the Zerg and Protoss. For three decades, they have been waging a merciless war against the Terrans, glassing and infesting every planet that fell, and leaving the Terrans without a way out. Slowly but surely they were forced to a single planet in the Koprulu Sector and then they set out for Earth, finding more established resistance, but nothing they weren't able to whittle away at. Three bastions of human resistance remain, Earth, Korhal IV and Mars, which was finally made habitable three years before the Fall of Humanity began. In those three years, it was turned into a military bastion, armed with ever upgraded weaponry, and is also the place where Project Final Flash was carried out. This project is the reason Humanity is still surviving. It produced the Artemis soldiers, genetically altered and modified super soldiers that could stand toe to toe with the most elite of Protoss warriors and put them to shame. You are soldier among the human ranks, Artemis or otherwise, and you are part of a force dedicated to helping humanity rise again, not just continue to exist. However, things look bleak. First you must reestablish communications with the other two planets, a dangerous task with Infested and Zealots prowling the halls of the long range communications towers, and who knows what else. Then you have to rebuild your fleets, but the shipyards are overrun with Zerg and Protoss forces, including things never before seen. Both tasks are extremely dangerous, but possible with a proper amount of teamwork. Pick up your weapon, show your heart of courage, and lead the charge to reclaim Humanity's future, or make your final stand. The choice, is up to you. This RP is going to very story driven, but subplots are allowed. Just, try not to derail the RP. Here is your application sheet. ^RPer^ Name: Age: Soldier type: (Artemis or something you make. Use your imagination.) Appearance: (Terran only. No exceptions. I mean it.) Armament: Abilities: (As many as you feel you need, but be reasonable.) Backstory: Starting planet:Zarkun82 Nov 30, 2012
Nov 29, 2012 Separatist Space, IV Please keep the majority of OOC posts in Separatist Space, Discussion. Thank you http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7200051805 Separatist Space, the story so far... The RP takes place in "Separatist" space. Which is past protoss space. Some Terrans were exploring past protoss space (which is illegal might I add) and found even more intelligent lifeforms then they could imagine(all those custom races and such). With some funding from many governments and organizations, hundreds of thousands of colonists were being exported out from terran space and into distant space. The colonists got tired of being bossed around by all of their shareholders and pretty much announced themselves separate from the Terrans in Terran space. Hence, the lands they colonized became, "Separatist" space and the colonists became "Separatists" because they supported the separation of separatist space and Terran space. Many more events caused the separatist movement, but to sum it up in a few paragraphs, there ya go. Separatist Space, Backstory Entire colonies have been going missing, frigates carrying valuable cargo, gone. Terrans are still new to Separatist space and the Separatist Military is doing little to stop investigate. IMPORTANT NOTE This RP is extremely open, if you want to not engage in the main plot, that is totally fine, I would not recomend it but I will still allow it. Also keep in mind that at first you will have to pursue the main story, you will not start according to the main story. You will start out however you wish, wherever you wish.MarkusDaWise500 Nov 29, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 help the StarCraft community fight hunger! Please join the StarCraft community's group on http://freerice.com/content-group/starcraft-community-end-hunger and answer a few questions to help people in hunger. When the group gives a total of 100,000 grains, i will be giving away a HotS beta key to the person who donated the most grains. Thank you all who helped!VDmatu0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Separatist Space, III Please keep the majority of OOC posts in Separatist Space, Discussion. Thank you http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7005438069 Separatist Space, the story so far... The RP takes place in "Separatist" space. Which is past protoss space. Some Terrans were exploring past protoss space (which is illegal might I add) and found even more intelligent lifeforms then they could imagine(all those custom races and such). With some funding from many governments and organizations, hundreds of thousands of colonists were being exported out from terran space and into distant space. The colonists got tired of being bossed around by all of their shareholders and pretty much announced themselves separate from the Terrans in Terran space. Hence, the lands they colonized became, "Separatist" space and the colonists became "Separatists" because they supported the separation of separatist space and Terran space. Many more events caused the separatist movement, but to sum it up in a few paragraphs, there ya go. Separatist Space, Backstory Entire colonies have been going missing, frigates carrying valuable cargo, gone. Terrans are still new to Separatist space and the Separatist Military is doing little to stop investigate. IMPORTANT NOTE This RP is extremely open, if you want to not engage in the main plot, that is totally fine, I would not recomend it but I will still allow it. Also keep in mind that at first you will have to pursue the main story, you will not start according to the main story. You will start out however you wish, wherever you wish.MarkusDaWise500 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Separatist Space, Discussion Gwahaha! I'm excited for this RP and I hope you are too! Reading the whole OP isn't necessarily necessary, just skim it and read the bolded points that apply to you. Please keep in mind that I am no genius, I cannot remember every custom race you throw at me, so you will have to submit them here once again, thank you! Introduction to Separatist Space... Separatist Space is an incredibly open RP that allows for subplots of all sorts. You are encouraged to submit every custom race and to have as many subplots as you want. But please, make sure I approve of the subplots, I do not want subplots taking control of the real plot! To submit a custom Race or Faction... Tell me everything there is to know about the custom race/faction. I will discuss it a little bit with you, then boom! The race or faction dives into the story and you're ready to go! IMPORTANT NOTE ON CUSTOM RACES You have opportunity to have a counsel member, or an ambassador, in the supreme counsel whichever you choose. The supreme counsel is a government used to keep the peace between all the races. (If you've ever played mass effect you will know what this is... kinda) Please ask if you have any questions, as this is extremely important. To Join this RP... Fill out a character sheet and, make an entry, or if you prefer, allow me to enter you! <Your B.net ID name> Name: Age: Race: (Don't be afraid to be someone else's race!) Profession:(Some some ideas could be: Pilot, Computer Specialist, Droid Specialist, Mechanic, farmer.) Equipment: Backstory: (Must include how the character got associated with Separatist Space) Defining Characteristics: (Optional) If this character is a captain, make it obvious, also put the ship's name and stuff. Separatist Space, the story so far... The RP takes place in "Separatist" space. Which is past protoss space. Some Terrans were exploring past protoss space (which is illegal might I add) and found even more intelligent lifeforms then they could imagine(all those custom races and such). With some funding from many governments and organizations, hundreds of thousands of colonists were being exported out from terran space and into distant space. The colonists got tired of being bossed around by all of their shareholders and pretty much announced themselves separate from the Terrans in Terran space. Hence, the lands they colonized became, "Separatist" space and the colonists became "Separatists" because they supported the separation of separatist space and Terran space. Many more events caused the separatist movement, but to sum it up in a few paragraphs, there ya go. Separatist Space, Backstory Entire colonies have been going missing, frigates carrying valuable cargo, gone. Terrans are still new to Separatist space and the Separatist Military is doing little to stop investigate. IMPORTANT NOTE This RP is extremely open, if you want to not engage in the main plot, that is totally fine, I would not recomend it but I will still allow it. Also keep in mind that at first you will have to pursue the main story, you will not start according to the main story. You will start out however you wish, wherever you wish. --- this thread is also used for the Discussion of the RP.MarkusDaWise500 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Who do you think..... is the most d!ckish RP character(s) you have seen so far. My say goes for the Jukalisk.MechaGhidrah3 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 26, 2012 Temporary resign I've had some issues with carpel tunnel lately. So after speaking with a doc, I had my arm checked. The check revealed the obvious carpel tunnel, as well as an unneeded muscle build up near the bottom of my forearm. This unneeded muscle is built by extensively using a mouse and keyboard. This restricts the movement and reaction speed of my wrist and finger joints. Along with cramps that it can cause. It also attributes to putting stress on the median nerve (helps cause carpel tunnel.) The doctor decided to have this muscle removed, along with the necessary operation for carpel tunnel, doing them both at the same time saves money and time. But the downside is that after the operation, I've got to take at least 2 weeks off, taking it easy so to speak. I'll be mostly absent from the forums until then. (To much SC2 over the break :/ )Duke3 Nov 26, 2012
Nov 26, 2012 From Order Comes Chaos PreRP Alright it is time for me to try again to run an RP. I have made this thread here to start setting the story and the plot. It will also be used for character sheets to keep the main thread from being cluttered. This RP will take place fifteen years after the events of Techsuit warfare just to give an idea of when the timeline is. All of Koprulu is under one government known as the Collective Triad, which replaced the KSA a few years after the plague had ended. There are two sides that can be joined in this RP and the is the fore mentioned Collective and the Poltergeist Mercenaries. Now in regards to the character sheets. The format is as follows. Name: Age: Race: Loyalty:(Collective or Poltergeist) Class: SubClass: Abilities: (This is more for unique abilities since your class and subclass will determine your other abilities. You only get three.) Armament: (Again for more unique weapons. Class and subclass will determine your weapons.Only three additional at most please.) Backstory: Classes will be posted shortly.LeKroger142 Nov 26, 2012
Nov 26, 2012 Meaning of "lick" I see people "licking" troll / bad / qq posts recently. What does that mean? -PkBLUEPkBLUE10 Nov 26, 2012
Nov 25, 2012 Drinking game anyone? Hello all! New to the forums/SC2 in general. A buddy and I like to play Starcraft at the apartment on the weekends (we just moved in and now it's a ritual), we're looking to make a drinking game out of Starcraft online. Sounds silly but it's great fun! We've made a drinking game out of a deck of 3D Star Wars cards and now we're looking to expand our game collection. Any ideas of what rules to take shots/drinks could be? All ideas are open and awesome!EzCombat10 Nov 25, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 Separatist Space, II Please keep the majority of OOC posts in Separatist Space, Discussion. Thank you http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7005438069 Separatist Space, the story so far... The RP takes place in "Separatist" space. Which is past protoss space. Some Terrans were exploring past protoss space (which is illegal might I add) and found even more intelligent lifeforms then they could imagine(all those custom races and such). With some funding from many governments and organizations, hundreds of thousands of colonists were being exported out from terran space and into distant space. The colonists got tired of being bossed around by all of their shareholders and pretty much announced themselves separate from the Terrans in Terran space. Hence, the lands they colonized became, "Separatist" space and the colonists became "Separatists" because they supported the separation of separatist space and Terran space. Many more events caused the separatist movement, but to sum it up in a few paragraphs, there ya go. Separatist Space, Backstory Entire colonies have been going missing, frigates carrying valuable cargo, gone. Terrans are still new to Separatist space and the Separatist Military is doing little to stop investigate. IMPORTANT NOTE This RP is extremely open, if you want to not engage in the main plot, that is totally fine, I would not recomend it but I will still allow it. Also keep in mind that at first you will have to pursue the main story, you will not start according to the main story. You will start out however you wish, wherever you wish.MarkusDaWise500 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 Pikachu's (Cough) PRP Bar (Part 3) The code of conduct remains mostly unchanged my friends, what I say goes, and the Hybrids in the back haven't been fed recently. (Please excuse me while I fix that) Now to the important stuff... Drink menu: A Jim Raynor -- Cheap, harsh, and served up warm in a filthy glass. A Tychus Findlay -- You’re not actually sure what it is, but you spilled a few drops and the counter is still smoking. The Zeratul -- It isn’t served to you, instead it appears from the shadows. Then, when you try to drink it, you experience weird visions and the glass disappears. Zergling “Special” -- “Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gal…” Firebat -- Burns goin’ down AND comin’ back up. Psi-Storm -- Hits so hard you’ll remember what happened tomorrow, yesterday. Grounds for Divorce -- Matt Horner was drinking these when he “won” a fateful card game. What He’s Having -- Kachinsky always seems to be in here, so whatever he’s having must be pretty good. Baneling Body Shot -- Are you sure this is a good idea? I’m not sure where to put the lime... A Glass of Milk -- “Whaddya mean there aren’t any cows in Koprulu? Where’d this come from then?“ The Solar Shot -- For those looking for a good time. Flame-proof clothing recommended, cuz you’ll be shining brighter than the star of Typhon. Korhalian BackStabber -- Good for the recently betrayed and left for dead. The Jail Breaker -- new from the recently opened New Folsom Prison Bar. The Bloody Medic -- kills the pain, but we still say you should have a doctor check that out. Redstone Mixer -- expensive, but I can guarantee it’ll be served in a clean and sterilized glass. Careful, that lava’s hot. The Broadcaster -- You’re not ready for the raw $ex appeal this sucker brings. A favorite of a certain ex-convict. The Hellracer -- suspension of sobriety is an integral part of any drinking experience, but this experience requires suspension of sobriety and inhibitions. The Maelstrom Shocker -- Only served here, a 40% bigger hit than standard Shockers, guaranteed. Psionic Cooler -- yes, I know it feels weird. Don’t worry, the energy coming out of your body should wear off in a couple days (insert generic letters to indicate gibberish) -- I don’t know what’s in it either, but that guy down there had one. He started screaming and thrashing for a while, and now he hasn’t gotten up off the floor in over an hour. The Judicator -- Perfect for influencing the minds of the intoxicated. Prismatic Void -- Gets better with every drink. Has been known to be lethal. Mind Shredder: perfect for those wishing to forget everything and start a new life. For anyone not wishing to do this, this drink isn’t advised. Scotty Bolgers old no. 8: the good stuff Andorian Ale: Can’t tell you how I got this, its a trade secret. Charge: Made using stim and several other ingredients. Side effects vary. Mjolnir (Thor’s Hammer): If you really want to feel hammered, this is for you. Served with a side of hot lead. Enlightenment: tell me when you get there. Marine: may cause you to see the counter vanish Feedback: served cold. All those annoying voices in your head start telling you what you did wrong today. M.U.L.E.: Good buzz, but may cause a break down later. Haven Splitter: you’ll either feel warm, safe, and content, or depressed, paranoid, and possibly like injecting yourself with random serums. 50/50 shot. Ace Suicide: I don’t actually know what this does. Nor do I recommend it. Alcoholic Projector: Ever wanted to know what you’re actually like when you get totally trashed? Take a few sips of this, and all the alcohol in your system will condense into a ‘party’ version of yourself, where you are completely wasted, have no inhibitions, and are just out for a ‘little’ fun. The more you’ve drunk beforehand, the better the projection. Have fun! The HBRB: however crazy you think you are, this will make you worse. Yes, that includes you, namesake. The Noodle Incident: we all know what happens when you take this. It needs no explanation. Little bit of everything: Exactly what it says. I’ve taken everything I’ve got, mixed it together, and put in the laser accelerator for a few hours. There’s no telling what will happen. Slicer: Has the unique property that it changes effect depending on the drinker's personality, amplifying any traits they have a good thousand times over. Buzzes in the back of your skull begin after three drinks, amplify slowly, and you randomly sprout wings after the 11th glass. The Scoutmaster: May result in the drinkee feeling experiencing high levels of Trustworthiness, Loyalty, Helpfulness, Friendliness, Courtesy, Kindness, Obedience, Cheerfulness, Thriftiness, Bravery, Cleanliness, and Reverence. Not Recommended for parties. Mar Sara Black: need a pick me up, or something for radiation poisoning? Or jut something to get a good buzz going that doesn’t break down? Then say good night, because we won’t be seeing you until the morning. If you wake up. The Smylez: This beverage is delicious, trust me. Drinking it will have absolutely no harmful effects on you (please ignore the green smoke), and your liver and kidneys will not be damaged in the least. Seriously. Nukester's Supreme - Some said he was crazy, he said they were right. After much struggling, he added this drink to the menu. Crimson red and transparent, this steams, and condensation will gather on the glass. Take a sip, and go for a ride, anything could happen. Side effects may vary; depending on weight. Only consume in shot glasses. Nukester is not responsible for any changes in behavior, or appearance. See your doctor if it gets in eyes. Drink accessories: pylon shards (for those that need that extra crunchy glitter) hydralisk spine umbrella (not for the more bubbly drinks) Mentos: you’ve seen that experiment with Coke? Wait till you see what happens with this stuff. Laser accelerator: Heh heh, you think you’ve had it all? Time for a little ‘randomosity’. Maximum time of one week. The menu will updated every so often, so check back to see if there is anything new you might like to try. There are only two rules here: If anyone starts a bar fight I will either: 1) throw you into the pen of Hybrids I keep in the back. I feed them regularly, but you know how voracious Hybrids are 2) personally lock you up in my dungeon and make a drink out of you. and 3: what happens in the bar, stays in the bar. So come. Drink. Enjoy. Chat with friends. Make new ones. Pick up a date [or a one night stand ;) ]. Drown your sorrows. Complain about your life. For those of the literary bent, use this opportunity to get the creative juices [among other things] flowing. As long as you pay your tab, and don’t break anything, I really don’t care what you do. And the best part is: no hangovers! Seriously...smylez182 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 Thunder's and Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 3) The code of conduct remains unchanged my friends, what I say goes, and the roaches in the back haven't been fed recently. (Please excuse me while I fix that) Now to the important stuff... Drink menu: A Jim Raynor -- Cheap, harsh, and served up warm in a filthy glass. A Tychus Findlay -- You’re not actually sure what it is, but you spilled a few drops and the counter is still smoking. The Zeratul -- It isn’t served to you, instead it appears from the shadows. Then, when you try to drink it, you experience weird visions and the glass disappears. Zergling “Special” -- “Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gal…” Firebat -- Burns goin’ down AND comin’ back up. Psi-Storm -- Hits so hard you’ll remember what happened tomorrow, yesterday. Grounds for Divorce -- Matt Horner was drinking these when he “won” a fateful card game. What He’s Having -- Kachinsky always seems to be in here, so whatever he’s having must be pretty good. Baneling Body Shot -- Are you sure this is a good idea? I’m not sure where to put the lime... A Glass of Milk -- “Whaddya mean there aren’t any cows in Koprulu? Where’d this come from then?“ The Solar Shot -- For those looking for a good time. Flame-proof clothing recommended, cuz you’ll be shining brighter than the star of Typhon. Korhalian BackStabber -- Good for the recently betrayed and left for dead. The Jail Breaker -- new from the recently opened New Folsom Prison Bar. The Bloody Medic -- kills the pain, but we still say you should have a doctor check that out. Redstone Mixer -- expensive, but I can guarantee it’ll be served in a clean and sterilized glass. Careful, that lava’s hot. The Broadcaster -- You’re not ready for the raw $ex appeal this sucker brings. A favorite of a certain ex-convict. The Hellracer -- suspension of sobriety is an integral part of any drinking experience, but this experience requires suspension of sobriety and inhibitions. The Maelstrom Shocker -- Only served here, a 40% bigger hit than standard Shockers, guaranteed. Psionic Cooler -- yes, I know it feels weird. Don’t worry, the energy coming out of your body should wear off in a couple days (insert generic letters to indicate gibberish) -- I don’t know what’s in it either, but that guy down there had one. He started screaming and thrashing for a while, and now he hasn’t gotten up off the floor in over an hour. The Judicator -- Perfect for influencing the minds of the intoxicated. Prismatic Void -- Gets better with every drink. Has been known to be lethal. Mind Shredder: perfect for those wishing to forget everything and start a new life. For anyone not wishing to do this, this drink isn’t advised. Scotty Bolgers old no. 8: the good stuff Andorian Ale: Can’t tell you how I got this, its a trade secret. Charge: Made using stim and several other ingredients. Side effects vary. Mjolnir (Thor’s Hammer): If you really want to feel hammered, this is for you. Served with a side of hot lead. Enlightenment: tell me when you get there. Marine: may cause you to see the counter vanish Feedback: served cold. All those annoying voices in your head start telling you what you did wrong today. M.U.L.E.: Good buzz, but may cause a break down later. Haven Splitter: you’ll either feel warm, safe, and content, or depressed, paranoid, and possibly like injecting yourself with random serums. 50/50 shot. Ace Suicide: I don’t actually know what this does. Nor do I recommend it. Alcoholic Projector: Ever wanted to know what you’re actually like when you get totally trashed? Take a few sips of this, and all the alcohol in your system will condense into a ‘party’ version of yourself, where you are completely wasted, have no inhibitions, and are just out for a ‘little’ fun. The more you’ve drunk beforehand, the better the projection. Have fun! The HBRB: however crazy you think you are, this will make you worse. Yes, that includes you, namesake. The Noodle Incident: we all know what happens when you take this. It needs no explanation. Little bit of everything: Exactly what it says. I’ve taken everything I’ve got, mixed it together, and put in the laser accelerator for a few hours. There’s no telling what will happen. Slicer: Has the unique property that it changes effect depending on the drinker's personality, amplifying any traits they have a good thousand times over. Buzzes in the back of your skull begin after three drinks, amplify slowly, and you randomly sprout wings after the 11th glass. The Scoutmaster: May result in the drinkee feeling experiencing high levels of Trustworthiness, Loyalty, Helpfulness, Friendliness, Courtesy, Kindness, Obedience, Cheerfulness, Thriftiness, Bravery, Cleanliness, and Reverence. Not Recommended for parties. Mar Sara Black: need a pick me up, or something for radiation poisoning? Or jut something to get a good buzz going that doesn’t break down? Then say good night, because we won’t be seeing you until the morning. If you wake up. The Smylez: This beverage is delicious, trust me. Drinking it will have absolutely no harmful effects on you (please ignore the green smoke), and your liver and kidneys will not be damaged in the least. Seriously. Nukester's Supreme - Some said he was crazy, he said they were right. After much struggling, he added this drink to the menu. Crimson red and transparent, this steams, and condensation will gather on the glass. Take a sip, and go for a ride, anything could happen. Side effects may vary; depending on weight. Only consume in shot glasses. Nukester is not responsible for any changes in behavior, or appearance. See your doctor if it gets in eyes. Drink accessories: pylon shards (for those that need that extra crunchy glitter) hydralisk spine umbrella (not for the more bubbly drinks) Mentos: you’ve seen that experiment with Coke? Wait till you see what happens with this stuff. Laser accelerator: Heh heh, you think you’ve had it all? Time for a little ‘randomosity’. Maximum time of one week. The menu will updated every so often, so check back to see if there is anything new you might like to try. There are only two rules here: If anyone starts a bar fight I will either: 1) throw you into the pen of Roaches I keep in the back. I feed them regularly, but you know how voracious Zerg are 2) personally blow your head off, and use your dead body to make new drinks and 3: what happens in the bar, stays in the bar. So come. Drink. Enjoy. Chat with friends. Make new ones. Pick up a date [or a one night stand ;) ]. Drown your sorrows. Complain about your life. For those of the literary bent, use this opportunity to get the creative juices [among other things] flowing. As long as you pay your tab, and don’t break anything, I really don’t care what you do. And the best part is: no hangovers!Zarkun500 Nov 24, 2012
Nov 24, 2012 With Respect, Sir... Your goal is simple: advance. You will begin as a child (P/T/Z), and mature/grow/evolve, respectively. Credits will be earned each day, like in ZZ. 50 a day, with +5 for every longish (Paragraph or more) post. Use your good judgement. Ask me for upgrades, and I'll tell you the cost. You are a little one, living in a small community of P, T, or Z. When you grow to be about adolescent, something special will happen. For now, just be a good little one and flesh out your character. One we get a suitable amount of people, the fun will begin. Examples: Protoss: X was in XXY, a small mining settlement. Life was...boring. X wanted something more. X had dreams, dreams, and more dreams. For now, his only life was learning how to mine. Eventually, eventually... Terran: Tom was in school one day, when he realized something... he could suddenly "Hear" everyone, even when they weren't talking. He kept this to himself, though, and used it to spy on people. Tom was shy, but he knew an advantage when he saw one (Or so he thought...) But his "gift" may turn against him, especially with the Terran Local Forces looking for new recruits... Zerg: Narz (me) was a philosophical little Zergling. When his Queen told him to clean the Creep off of him, he did it, but he thought little indignant thoughts while doing it. Later, he knew, he would be something great, like a Hydralisk. He had always respected Hydralisks. Or maybe even an Ultralisk! For now, though, all he could do was muse... This can be an RP or a group of stories. Up to you all. Note: If you want to be a cat, you ca be a cat. Maybe you can Mind Control a human vessel or something. As long as it works, it works.Vultureling106 Nov 24, 2012