Joeyray's Bar

Jul 3, 2012 Bacon is Delicious. Bacon tastes really good. Discuss.DivineSalmon45 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Random Stories! Since some people in this forum are inconsistent with posting, I've decided to start a thread where you can post stories (Of any length really, I don't care if it's one post or fifteen). If you want to RP and no one else seems to be in the forums right now, then have a go at your own little story here, and let others admire it (Or hate it- But haters gonna hate.) Guess I'll start one: (Separate from SC universe) Descending Twilight He shouldn't be alive. Not because of some self-loathing or guilt-ridden reason, but because he's simply defied probability. He'd been shot, thrown from heights, hit by vehicles of all sorts, blown up on several occasions, lost an arm at one point (swiftly replaced by a mechanical one), infected with deadly viruses, inside spaceships that have crashed- These are spaceships we're talking about. Those things aren't even designed to land, barely even enter atmosphere, and certainly not crash. -and the list goes on and on and on. Hannibal Lenin didn't have an "average" name, but he sure as hell doesn't live the average life either. A soldier of the Intergalactic Trade Company for 12 years, he's seen more combat than almost every other soldier in his unit combined. There were no official ranks in the IGTC (some sort of illusion of equality), but there were different levels of squads. Ghosts being the lowest, then Phantoms, above them are Spectres, then Revenants. The Spirit names weren't coined because they were stealthy, but because they strike fear into their enemies. Even low grade Ghosts were specialized killers. Despite being employed for twelve years, he's only made it to Phantom level. He and everyone on his squad (which are all given names from an alphabet from a long dead civilization- His squad's being Epsilon Gamma)had never seen a Revenant level soldier, and there were rumors going around that there was actually no Revenant squads, or that the Revenants were rumors in the first place. "Seven, what are you doing?" One of his squad mates inquired. "Seven" was Lenin's codename. The IGTC discouraged socialization one the grounds that it hinders combat abilities. Lenin realized he had been standing still for the past 3 minutes, and that was valuable time when preparing for a deal. "Oh, I- Uh..." "Just get back to doing something, alright" Five interrupted him. "Our buyers will be here soon." Lenin began a systems check while manually inspecting his weapon. Epsilon Gamma had been assigned to trade off weapons to a probable bandit clan. 'Probable' because the IGTC doesn't officially deal with Bandits, Rouges, or Pirates. But they don't check their buyers very thoroughly. Money is money, right? His squad was waiting in a desert, no trees, some small shrubbery organisms that somehow thrived here, and the planet seemed as if it was barreling toward the sun and everything on it was about to be incinerated, and Lenin almost believed this, due to experiencing one fo teh small shrub plants simply bursting into flame. (Though the effects couldn't be felt through their sealed environment combat armor)This is were their "clients" said they'd make the deal. In a valley, with little to no cover, and low visibility (due to sand being blown all over the place). But that's what the IGTC troops were famous for. Equipped with state of the art armor and weapons, the do a deal on your terms, and 70% of the time it was a trap. But only 12% of the time is it actually successful. You'd think that people would learn by now, but the bounty provided by both the soldiers and their cargo is just too enticing for most low-lives. The soldiers were gathered around a large crate with a tarp d@!@%d over it. The tarp's purpose eluded Lenin, because the crate was made out of metal and there was absolutely nothing this desert could do to harm it. It had been dropped off with the squad about three hours ago. The dust began to settle around Epsilon Gamma, and revealed several dozen bandits setting up gun emplacements, sniper posts, and bunkers. One spoke over the Squad COM "Okay, who the hell missed this?" Three was in charge of an ultrasonic scanner, and responded "Uhhh, well, I guess that would be me, I still have no damn clue how to work this thing." Lenin spoke up "What is that, Fiftey-Five of em'?" Nine got on the COM channel "Against nine of us? I almost feel sorry for the poor bastards." He did have a point. In their advanced combat suits, their reflexes were improved by almost twice as much, and their strength was almost ten times as greater. The suit had about 20 minutes of recycled oxygen and experimental power cells. They brief you on your suit's capabilities and how it works. But it was practically useless explaining it to anyone but the best engineers and scientists. It's just standard protocol that protects the IGTC from legal repercussions if the suit failed in anyway or had somehow caused the death of it's wearer. And their standard issue Atlas MAR-550 rifles were more than a match for a meager bandit force. The Magnetic Accelerator Rifle had to be hooked up to the suit in order to maintain power, and acted as an assault rifle and sniper rifle at the same time, and eliminates the need for explosives. It fires fifteen 12mm Titanium rounds per second at supersonic speeds, easily penetrating battleplate armor, not to mention human flesh. Lenin raised his rifle and observed his foes through his scope. It was confirmed, they wouldn't be much of a fight. Lenin saw that the bandits were alerted by the sudden stop of the sandstorm, and were no where near prepared to take them on. A few made the decision to flee, knowing that they couldn't win this fight. One was the unofficial leader (as by custom) so he gave the command. "Fire at will." Each squad member made a circle around their cargo package, and designated the targets above by marking them with their corresponding number, which appeared in their helmets HUD. Doing this avoided the soldiers from overlapping their lines of fire and wasting time killing the same targets. Several controlled bursts of fire came from each marine. Then some more. A few more rounds were fired off, mopping up stragglers. Three's voice came in over the COM "Uh... If this thing is right... I don't think we have any more problems..." he started muttering something about how complicated it was to work. The troops started getting into an argument over who had been the most effective in the fight, but One's authoritative voice broke through the chaotic chatter and rose above it all. "I'll get command on the line. The rest of you start looking for something of value among the corpses." The squad broke apart and began their ascent through the rolling sand, as well as their long wait for a ride.Avikon0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Neatherae's Tomb. This is an open roleplay (SEPARATE from Zling and Zlot thread). Your objective is to find the lost tomb of Neatherae, a most peculiar Protoss. You will need to keep track of A-Money. AVAILABLE CHARACTERS... Scv, Probe, Drone. Marine, Zealot, Zergling. (With luck) Marauder, Stalker, Roach/Hydralisk. Updating momentarily. For example- If you are a Zerg creature, you are of Zerg allegiance. You are in a small encampment of your race. It is a modest base, not too many defenses. I need some people, before I go any further. I made this because the original RP is getting a bit old. If it gets more people, I will return. You can grow stronger and evolve as you gain experience, and move about the storyline. Here is my character... Zergling, name- Ker. (This rp is CLOSED for the day. It will open again "soon." Perhaps 5:00 est?)Vultureling146 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 what's ur favorite video game? my TOP 5: 5. mortal kombat PS3 - just so bloody and awesome 4. starcraft 2 PC - nuff said just fun to mess around with, cheese, and move up in rank. 3. super smash brothers N64/GC/Wii - a game with more depth than you think. really fun party game aswell. 2. Barney sega genesis - great games like hide and seek kept me alive as a kid. and my number 1 game is RATCHET AND CLANK! PS2/PS3 - get this game nuff said. the last 2 sucked tho.DonkeyKong80 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 realm of the mad god I was just playing this game and suprisingly good. I love the idea of it and everything Anyone else played it? And if you have do you think permadeath is a good idea?geras6 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Our Pro's are in trouble. (maybe) So today while at physical therapy for my back, which i hut playing basketball, I got into a conversation with my physical ther.apist, Adam, about multitasking. Apparently there really is no such thing as multitasking; your brain just switches between tasks incredibly fast. Proof: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95256794 Now I know several things are going through your head right now, "why does this matter", "What do I care", and many more things. The truth of this is, is that this fast switching of tasks your brain does hurts your brain over time with heavy use. Just like the Starcraft Pros do. Lots of actions per minute and constant vigilance around the game, watching worker production, unit production watching for harasses, doing harasses double pronging attacks while using spell casting watching the mini map. There brain is under a tremendous amount of stress as the peak performance of your brain task switching is only 2-4 tasks depending on the training you have had. Proof: http://www.pnas.org/content/106/37/15583.abstract?sid=ce74d4c4-6e72-4e00-b773-148c54034709 Now i would hate to say that the game is causing all of this, I just wanted to bring up and interesting subjet for the community to discuss and see if the 'multitasking' of players’ drops off after years of intense play and practice. TL:DR... Multitasking isn't really multitasking it is your brain switching between tasks and it can hurt you. edited for spelling.OwKking7 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 A shop. Everybody's opening a shop. So I opened one. It has nothing for sale. Feel free to browse my selection of nothing.BcInFinitY166 Jul 1, 2012
Jun 30, 2012 The Crash (Part 7) ---Continued from The Crash (Part 6)---Zanon496 Jun 30, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Cloaked Love V2 P3 Okay, so here we are on page 3. Here's a summary: Moirana, Gabriel, The Changeling, Zanon, and the characters made by wfawwer, Nick, and I believe Knarled have moved to Bel-shir. Moirana, Gabriel and Zanon have met the Changeling's clone, though they currently believe that the clone is a Terran woman named Laura Wolf. We've also discovered Selene, a separate personality living inside Moirana's head. Nick and Knarled are pursuing the Changeling in order to learn about it (please confirm). On a separate note, Marcus has been captured by the Changeling's Chimera brood, and his buddy Jason is trying to find him, having been recently equipped with new armor (please provide names, it's been awhile since you posted them). Jason has also met Infinity, who was also injured while fighting the Chimera brood and hiding out while he recovered. If I missed anything, please state, and I'll add it in here.Thundercrash392 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 29, 2012 Protoss Text Adventure You are a zealot that was a part of an elite strike force of the Aiur survivors. You were sent by your high templar commander Mel'har'zu to take control of the base that was established by the Dark Prelate Zeratul. You and your strike force, who were your squadron that accompanied Zeratul to the Warp Gate during the Invasion of Auir, find the base torn asunder. You sense a presence nearby. As you look around you see a Protoss civillian running away. You follow it with all your strength. Perhaps he could provide answers to why the base is out of operation. Then you hear Mel'har'zu call out "Where are you going young Zealot? There is much to be done here. You can now either follow the civillian or carry out with your squad and Mel'har'zu. You... (Names for you are still up in the air. Go ahead and take a vote. Shout out to LiquidDeath and Aradan for inspiring me to do this!)Chesty56 Jun 29, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 PanKoprulu Academy, Seventh Chapter This is getting interesting. I'd like you all to know I've given up on the grades- at this point, f**k it. This is simple. A school- esque setting will fuction here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank I mentioned modes earlier. There are four. Jester- Protect a special unit (30 hp, 2 damage, 3 range) until he gets to a supercomputer to hack files for you. Invasion- Your units travel with 12 supply of in-game units (no, not each) to achieve a goal. Vehicle Chase- All of you have one goal- destroy all of each others' vehicles! (only vs.) Space Conflict- Enemy Stargate/Starport/Spire units will try to kill you. Kill them first. Basement: CLASSIFIED Ground: Classrooms, Lab, Grass field, Parking Lot, Bathrooms 2nd Floor: Cafeteria, Phones, Library 3rd Floor: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) 4th Floor: Gymnasium, Firing Range, Chemical Testing Roof: Gun Batteries, Warp Pad, Broadcasting TowerDraconus500 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Politcal Question: Birthers So, people think Obama wasn't born in the US and is therefore not a citizen, but, since his mother was a citizen, does it matter where he was born? Doesn't that make him a citizen anyway? Am I missing something here? I don't want to start a whole political thing, I'm just wondering about the citizenship laws.Prophet14 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 28, 2012 Project: 0R1G1N (IC, breaking 4th wall) Well everybody, It's the friendly neighborhood Changeling here, and I've been in Texas for a few days, and most of that time was spent on scheming. I've decided to begin to work out some of my own backstory, and I find that this would make me a more... 'in depth' creation. Now, if you would please turn your attentions to the Terran walking down the hall. *Lights Dim, Spotlights turn on, and the Story begins* The man walked down the brightly lit metal corridor, his face scrunched up in thought. The subject dominating his mind at the moment was a new specimen that had been transferred into the vessal for study. The Battlecruiser <i>Ascension</i> was at it's forefront a military warship that prowled the space that surrounded the planets in the Terran Dominion's section of the Koprulu sector, where they settled after the human colonists lost contact with Earth, stranding them in the isolated sector. Almost a decade ago the Terrans came into contact with the feral and violent Zerg Swarm, and the Religious Protoss that followed in their wake, each on a path of conquest to destroy each other. The specimen in question was one of the lesser known Zerg strains, nearly unknown by human science- a Zerg Changeling. He walked towards the large slab of thick metal they called a door, it slid open with a hiss, sliding against the doorframe. His footsteps echoed throughout the room, accompinied by the beeping of several monitors, tracking the subject's heart rate and brain waves, which were surprisingly low for such an advanced creature. Every day the scientists on the Ascension learned new things about the mysterious creature, but one mystery still hadn't been solved, by the Terrans nor the Zerg that created the creature: How to keep them alive for longer than a few weeks, after which they violently implode, their usefullness outlived. Another interesting sample had come from an unknown source, and this one was equally exciting- A sample taken from the late Overmind, the entity that controlled each and every Zerg's movement through psionic powers, until it's demise at the hands of the Protoss. Unfortunately, nothing of use could have been gathered from the sample, and one of the scientists had suggested something ludicrous afterwards. To inject the Changeling with the sample. Nothing like this had ever been attempted, much less recorded, by Humans, or Protoss. The thought of what could happen excited the scientists in the ship, and they became abuzz with possible theories and hypothesis. The procedure was about to begin, as the man looked around the room. It was circular, everything covered in metal plates, creating a sterile atmosphere inside the lab. In the middle of the lab was it's main light source, the cryo-tube where the Changeling floated, in stasis. It was roughly eight feet tall, covered in thin purple skin that revealed most of it's skeletal structure, it's elongated rib cage easily visible with the green light from the bottom of the tube, which cast it's light on the machinery and scientists around it. It's arms were long and thin, it's upper arms revealed that they were comprised of two bones, much like Human forearms, and met in a carapace that too was covered in thin purple skin. It's torso ended in blobs of purple liquid, that were parts of the creature, although it was not forcing them into any form at the moment, hence the seemingly liquid state. As the door shut down behind him, the room was plunged into darkness, and all attention was turned to the tube. A robotic arm, which ended in a large syringe, came down from the top of the tube, the sample stored inside. Somewhere on one of the consoles a red light turned green, the same color as the tube, and the arm moved in, embedding the tip of the needle into the creature's neck. Soon after a whirring noise became audible as the sample was injected, and the creature's head jerked. Seven orange eyes, arranged in a star-shape, opened, and scanned the lab, followed by a large opening of the vertical slit, lined with fangs, it called a mouth, the four barbed mandibles surrounding it's mouth stretching outwards. It's motions were more fluid, and shocked gasps were exchanged as the creature crossed it's arms, the fluid lower half of it's body reforming to form two legs, double jointed, that ended in boney clawed feet, it's kneecaps extended to give it a more menacing appearance. Rolling it's shoulders caused a strain, and it regarded it with disgust. It had become Self-Aware. This was unprecedented, no Zerg besides the Overmind and the newly-coronated Queen of Blades had been truly Self Aware. Some of the scientists fled from the creature, their fear beginning to spread through all of the others in the room. The Zerg were feral, ruthless killers, out for blood, mindless... but now... who knew how intelligent this one had become? Part One. =4:31PM 6/25/12=HowBabysRBrn35 Jun 28, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Maelstrom. Time has passed. Too much, in fact. Zamara had seen it all... from the flying Bar to the dungeon, she had seen it all, and recorded it forever for her fellow Protoss. She was a prophet to her people. She knew all that had been. Zamara, as she was called, was also dying. Not so long ago, she had been called to another planet to attend a Counsel meeting with others like her, to discuss what had been. However, she was ambushed (really a common occurrence as a Seer). However, her Protoss ship was overcome MUCH faster that normal. Her escape pod was gunned down as well, leaving her to crash on a nearby planet. Once she landed, she realized she was in a temple... but Zamara was dying. Using the crystals in this temple, she, after a few preparations, froze time, surrounded by her own blood, face contorted in pain... and all went silent. (Zamara is Protoss.) (Protoss do not know of her. She is merely another of you, unimportant. her name is vague at best.) Choose a Race and Name. You are part of the (Your race's) expedition onto a newly discovered planet. The place is uninhabitable for Terrans without first making some preparations, or being in a Crawler (all-terrain digging unit.). You were sent to explore strange pulses from the planet, that aren't associated with any race. Good luck. (There are no resources. There is, however, initiative and luck to whomever gets the gist of this... [Swann].) (On a second note, Hi Korozain, Nick, and Jay. Anyone else I should be greeting? I forgot...) (Be right back for a while. I want to see where YOU take this.) (By the way, you're grunts. One last thing: It's just a pulse, you think. Maybe a few lost trinkets in this rocky sand, a few bugs to assimilate, a few gold pieces abandoned, but as far as YOU'RE concerned, just another combat-less planet.) (Any race.)Vultureling56 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 27, 2012 Little squares all over my screen I didnt know where else to post this but I've had this problem for a while and i decided that it's time to fix it. but i have no idea of why this is happening. http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558693454564229671/55E496EFF8EF947B1A9054AB055FA89EB81262BE/ Here is a picture and you can see how bad it is. This happens in random games not all for ex. crisys 2 is filled with them and all of sc2 snow maps are too, and with HOTS coming up i don't want to play the game with all this squares pls help.geras8 Jun 27, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 The Outbreak The year is 2499, the Dominion was in desperate need of resources, so they sent out 15 mining ships, massive ships that were able to house thousands of people. All 14 other ships mysteriously went dark, but 1 remained, uncontested and began mining for 5 months. However after those 5 months, something happpened, a sabotage took place, someone destroyed the engine core with bombs, and planted a transmitter in the communication tower. Nobody knew who did it or what the transmitter was for, but in less than a week, Zerg showed up. In less than a hour, 90% of the people on board, died a brutal death. The few who survived, holed up in the ships armory, and awaited for extraction. Ok, describe your character as such: Name: (Codenames allowed) Gender: Race: Posistion: (Survivours, or Rescue team) Job: (Doctor, Engineer, Security, etc) Appearance: (Optional) Weapon: (Optional) Personality: Background: (Optional)Soldier19 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Just Digging around the Forums and... http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2973387396?page=2 I found this. Its an old thread text adventure I had made back in the day. It died out when there were only two people ever participating. I just kinda wanted to see if anyone would be interested in gettin back up and running. Read and tell me if its good or if its terrible.Chesty9 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Fun rpg for zergs and terrans only! you can be a other race just go with story. during the brood war some zergs drifted off into the dark reaches of space only to behold a new star system with only 2 populated planets the mass was pulled by one planets gravitational pull. Due to this planet having no contact with other aliens this intelligent population hadno idea if this visiter would be a friend of foe without any warning after crashing into a city street within a city called Arovi 5 zergling tunneled their way out of the mas of fluids to attack ta gathered crowd of terrans allowing one undetected larva to the city sewer systemTibalt17 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Outbreak-A Story OOC: No longer a Text Adventure I awaken, my back against some sort of cushion. My body feels strange, light as a feather. My thinking feels a bit hazy. My eyes wanders left to right. I was in a pod of sorts. The pod suddenly opens and I stumble out. I shake my head, adjusting my eyes for the surprisingly dark lighting of the area. Looking to my left, I see a whole row of pods. A faint red light blinks on and off on each of the pods. To my right is a innocuous looking door. In front of me is a door with a sign too dark for me to see in this darkness.smylez55 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Quick question Okay, what is purple (sometimes green), turns into wine, and grows on a vine?Guilt3 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Complaining lol Anyone notice that if you look through the Terran, Protoss, and Zerg threads there is a trend! Terran, and Protoss are constantly whining about the other two races yet in the Zerg threads you hardly ever see any complaining. Whats up with that?MadMax3 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Soldier of Misfortune "Are you absolutely sure about this?" "Yes. I verified my sources . . ." "Do not presume anything about your sources. Remember last time." "Damn it, I apologized for last time." "How in hell is 'oops' a damned apology?" The two officers kept up a rapid pace as they moved through the labyrinthine hallways of this hidden Tarsonian complex. One swiped a gold pass-key at every doorway they passed, and security was loosening the further they walked. Eventually, they both came to a massive neosteel door. "Ready, Jenkins?" "Whenever you are, sir." The older officer swiped his pass-key one last time. The door slid up. There was an escort of several soldiers, all carrying this new arrival to the complex. "Box is smaller than usual." One of the soldiers replied dryly, "Recruit's younger'n usual." As the soldiers route-stepped into the complex, they set down this small stasis container. "Identification?" "Negative." "His name is . . ." "No. The kid was never named." "Shame. What to call him?" "Your job. Not ours." The officers looked suspiciously. "He's . . . an infant." "Highest psionic reading to date, sir." The younger officer, Jenkins, let out a low whistle. "This whole affair has been kept from the higher-ups, right?" "No one knows about this kid but us." The older officer felt a smile creeping up on his face. "Six . . ." He raised a pistol, and squeezed off four shots. "Down to two." Jenkins looked at his senior officer. As he carried the child, he got a spark of an idea. "This kid practically exists in the shadows." The older officer looked at him. "Go on." "Why not call him that?" "What? Shadow?" "Why not?" "Good point. Shadow he shall be." The infant took a liking to this new name, and his forest-green eyes glowed briefly. The officers looked at one another. Jenkins sighed, and brought this one next to the other psionic that had been brought in yesterday, a two-year-old named Marco. The mechanical nursemaids would be programmed to deal with the infant Shadow. He typed in the entry's age into the computer, and a rough estimate as to his birth date. His senior officer stood waiting for him. "Now, onto more pressing matters. What are we going to have the chefs prepare for lunch?"Draconus3 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Joey Ray's Legends This thread is meant to immortalize legendary stories/rps in the form of links and stickies. If there's a story/RP/text adventure/oneshot/random crap you feel should be remembered forever request sticky and link it.DoomerX40 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 PanKoprulu Academy Character Descriptions Making a drawing from the PanKoprulu Academy RP, just created this thread so that everyone can post their character descriptions without wrecking the original thread.Owlfeathers68 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 How would it be to have a pet zergling? I see that you guys have great knowledge and imagination so I tought about asking you how it'd be to have a pet zergling in your house, right now, in 2012.Jeremie40 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 The Thaw (A Narrative.) PG13 So recently I have been spending time on deviant art chat rooms. It's interesting to RP in real time, but like with every RP, people are not always interested in what's going on or there are just no people around. So occasionally I make narratives for anyone to read. Jeff and Sarah are the only two characters I use. I have them interact with each other, but there's a twist. You know how Sarah is bloodthirsty and has a strange suffixation with blood? Well, in this version, Sarah has become a vampire (it's better than it sounds AND it makes sense). She must feed every so often or else she will die. However, she won't just attack people randomly. Drinking blood of a person is a very intimate act (like in a lot of vampire stories, sorry about the cliché). Sarah is a very cold and distant person therefore she won't drink the blood of just anybody. However, the only person around that she cares about a tiny is Jeffrey! Jeff willing lets Sarah feed on him in order to keep her under control. Now if you know Sarah, you know she is a dysfunctional person, but besides that, she has feelings for another one of my characters, Henry, and she may be doing Elder Joseph, another one of my characters who leads my spectre group. However, it's becoming weird between Jeff and Sarah. Sarah is actually starting to grow attached to Jeff and Jeff has been able to get Sarah to stop harassing the local tenants of the hotel. Jeff believes in Sarah's strength and yet he defends her. Sarah views Jeff as a valued member of the group, so she defends him all the time as well, but she's also starting to have feelings and her feelings confuse her. The story goes wherever I need it to go, but it follows a general pattern. Jeff and/or Sarah get into it with one of the residents and either talk to or fight them. That's what happens when other RP'ers are on. (Sarah apparently has a sister now... I have no idea where that came from...) However, interesting stuff happens to them while they're alone. For instance, one of the other RP'ers has a Diclonii, a mutant species member that is similar to humans (from Elfen Lied, that anime/manga). This Diclonii is pursued by the government like all the others. Sarah had to confront governme- You know what just read the story. This is what happens when Jeff and Sarah are alone in this RP.Thecommander25 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Wrath of the Firstborn V2 Luthen 4- A planet with many secrets, Dominion mining operations began inside 2505. A small base was established deep underground, a small garrison of marines and marauders appointed to defend it against the nonexistent dangers. Then the Zerg came. No one knew what caused it, but Luthen 4 caused the Zerg to go crazy. They reproduced at an alarmingly fast pace. The planet is so infested now, it has seas of creep. One could consider it alive. The miners calls for help go unanswered. They are trapped, fighting against an endless wave of zerg. A protoss fleet sits in orbit around the planet. Even the planet cracker of the mothership barely affects the living planet, for when some of the creep is burned away more rushes in to fill it's place. They have managed to clear a hole within a mountain range to serve as a base. Be Terran, and help your colony hold out against the Zerg and escape, be protoss and serve the Zerg or be zerg and fight for the swarm...or your own purposes. Status of Mining colony: The colony is essentially an underground dome. The dome is split into three sections. The surface of the dome is neo-steel wall. The Zerg have penetrated the surface of the dome, filling the many passageways. The miners guard the entrance to the inner part of the dome zealously. Inside the outer part of the dome lies a broken shield generator, some rusty tunneling equipment and quite a few Zerg. In general he miners stay away from this area, around every corner something could be waiting. The inner part of the dome is where everything essential to life is kept. Rations are stockpiled in the "kitchen", the rooms for miners and soldiers are kept here and a small armory is located in this section. Inside the armory are the marine and marauder suits and several Goliath mechs that lack a power source. Finally, at the bottom part of the dome is the mining area. Strangely, the Zerg stay away from this area, and Terran mining operations cannot go on past a certain line. Unknown to all 3 sides, an ancient Protoss base lies underneath the mining colony, although it is unreachable for now. The Protoss base consists of the landed mothership, surrounded by a Nexus and several pylons. Most of the warping in takes place through the 6 or 7 carriers that accompany the mothership. Character set up: Name: Faction: Age (optional): Role (for Terran): Ranking (for Protoss): Unit (for Zerg): Additional Information/Backstory:wfawwer215 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Last Harvest There was blood and chaos everywhere, people dieing all around me. A swarm of monsters coming from every direction, even from below the surface they came at us. The monsters just kept coming, even the military of the Confederacy couldn't slow them down. My family was slaughtered right in front of me, and I could've done something but I ran. I tried to tell them that it was to dangerous to hide out at our farm but they didn't listen. The cries of the damned started to follow me, they would never quit. _________________________________________________________________________________ I awoke once again very early in the morning. I have been having that dream for the past week so far but I decided to not tell anyone about it. The time was 4:26 AM, in one and a half hours we would be planting the wheat. _________________________________________________________________________________ "SCHWANN, IT'S TIME TO GET UP." My father yelled for me. Today I'll be 16 years of age. "Coming father!" I replied back, I changed into my work cloths and headed down stairs. Once I was down stairs I saw my 2 brothers and my sister, they were all younger than me, the youngest was 7 and my sister was the second oldest at the age of 14. My mom was down with a sick relative in New Gettysburg, so she couldn't be here today. "Schwann I need you to take the truck to town today to buy some feed for the cattle and chickens. The shop wont be open until 10:00 so we should be able to get the wheat planted before you have to go." "Ok dad." I head out the door with my brothers, my sister will be accompanying with me into town today. _______________________________________________________________________________ We had gotten all the wheat planted by 9:14 so my father went ahead and sent me and my sister out. Before he sent us out he told me that he had a surprise at the hunting store, I was excited about it. The road was quiet today for some weird reason, it didn't matter though. "I'm excited about this surprise." I told my sister. "Must be special."Lillie replied. We arrived to town and it was a little busy today, they must be here for the auction today. We went down to the market and bought 4 bags of animal feed, we then proceeded to the hunting store. Frank was in today. We walked up to the counter and started to talk to Frank. "My father sent me here for a surprise." Schwann replied. Frank was searching through the storage and came back out with the present. "Well here it is, it is a compound bow that came with 20 practice arrows and 10 real arrows. And here is this knife, this knife can cut through flesh and bone like it was nothing. Your old man and some of the other towns folk, including me got this for you so you can protect yourself whenever you need to if you are alone or if there is ever an emergency." Schwann was speechless and thanked him. "Thank you Frank." Frank nods his head. _______________________________________________________________________________ Lillie stared at the bow. "Why do you think he wanted to get you that." Schwann replied quickly with. "I don't know, but all I know is that he thought it was important for me to have one." We approached our farm and parked by the barn. OOC: If you have any advice or tips I will gladly accept them, if you have any ideas as well I might think about it. Any comments would be nice.CrymsonRaven4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Cold Hearted RP part 2 continued from part 1darkra183 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 18, 2012 Sixth Portion of the PanKoprulu Academy I have regained control of my own Academy, and things are running smoothly again. Special thanks to KnarledOne for the memo. This is simple. A school- esque setting will fuction here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank I mentioned modes earlier. There are four. Jester- Protect a special unit (30 hp, 2 damage, 3 range) until he gets to a supercomputer to hack files for you. Invasion- Your units travel with 12 supply of in-game units (no, not each) to achieve a goal. Vehicle Chase- All of you have one goal- destroy all of each others' vehicles! (only vs.) Space Conflict- Enemy Stargate/Starport/Spire units will try to kill you. Kill them first. Basement: CLASSIFIED Ground: Classrooms, Lab, Grass field, Parking Lot, Bathrooms 2nd Floor: Cafeteria, Phones, Library 3rd Floor: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) 4th Floor: Gymnasium, Firing Range, Chemical Testing Roof: Gun Batteries, Warp Pad, Broadcasting TowerDraconus500 Jun 18, 2012
Jun 17, 2012 Twinkle Twinkle... little... star... Don't be afraid of the dark... GRAVEYARD SHIFT! COMING SOON!IraqLobster8 Jun 17, 2012
Jun 16, 2012 Trying to Kick Start the Diablo 3 RP commun hey guys is Darkra here and just wanted to let you know i'm trying to get an RP community going in Diablo 3. problem is its not going so well so if anyone knows stuff about the games please join. i feel D3 has a lot of potential for RPs so if some hardcore Rpers like you are willing to put the time maybe some people from D3 might open up. RP is called Journey from Ashdem, its kinda a rough sketch so any opinions on stuff i should change is welcome P.S. for the last time for all you people who keep talking bout my caps i only get legit with that stuff when i'm actually Rping. when its just chat and other stuff i'm kinda lazy.darkra2 Jun 16, 2012
Jun 16, 2012 Poetry Club [Please Read Sign When You Enter] This is a poetry club and we will make some poetry like the title implies. I point to the sign of rules. I copied some of the rules from the bar just because you pretty much covered them all. 1. No trolling 2. No QQ 3. No offensive posts 4. No disgusting material 5. No links to anything inappropriate 6. Have Fun, and make sure you listen to all of these rules. Wait I forgot one. 7. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS _______________________________________________________________________________ You better all behave or I'll get a hold of the sheriff of these forums.CrymsonRaven3 Jun 16, 2012
Jun 16, 2012 Stupid cough... Does anyone know how to quickly cure a cough? It's been wrecking my gameplay...Guilt7 Jun 16, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 Any Good Role Plays? I have been looking throughout Joeyray's bar and I can't seem to find one rp without it being dead, trolled, or started and you can't join. Can someone help me out to find a new roleplay that isn't the things stated above?Soldier27 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 ... -.- Does anyone here have an idea as to why PAPACHOU is so anti protoss? His statements are so ridiculous that I'm not entirely sure if he's intentionally trolling or not. us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4216981932 us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4079875565?page=1 (post #4 here)Owlfeathers10 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 Universal discussion thread I've created this thread to facilitate discussion. Basically, if there is any subject that people want to have a serious, civil, reasonable discussion, about any topic, put it here, and hopefully, we can talk about it without things getting out of hand. Notes: Number one, given how touchy moderators can be, and we all know this, if you don't have anything useful to say, which means nothing ad hominum, please, please, PLEASE, stay reasonable and civil. No insults, and if you can't be nice, get out. Number two, and this is directed to Blizzard: I know that there are some subjects that are rather sensitive in content. We will try our best, but please be lenient. (I don't have high hopes for this. As anyone who has looked at the random word thread may know, I recently broached the topic of the different types of relationships. I imagine that everyone is familiar with the concept of monogamy (a form of relationship with only two participants). The concept that I am focusing on right now, is polyamory. Now, just in case there is somebody looking here who doesn't know what it is, I will explain it, but polyamory is a very complicated, broad-ranging subject, so it may take a while. Polyamory is defined in the Oxford Dictionary as having a romantic, emotionally based relationship with multiple partners, with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. There are many different types of polyamory, or 'poly' as some practitioners have shortened it to, and it is a common saying that there is as many ways to do poly as there are people who do it, the number of which is probably larger than you think. To clarify, I will present a common quad example. There are two guys, who for simplicity will be named M1 and M2. There are also two girls, whom we will call F1 and F2. In our example, M1 and F1 are dating each other, as are M2 and F2. Like so: M1 M2 l l F1 F2 Now, in our example of a !@#$%^-*!@#$ quad poly relationship, M1 and F2 are also dating each other, as are M2 and F1. Like so: M1 M2 l \ / l l \ / l l X l l / \ l l / \ l F1 F2 Now, a key concept of polyamory as the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. This means that M2 knows that F1 is also dating M1, F2 knows that M1 is dating F1, and all other possible ways of knowledge, and everyone agrees to it. It is even possible that M1 and M2 have met, and that F1 and F2 have met. If this relationship were limited to M1, M2, F1, and F2, then this would be a type of polyamory called polyfidelity (polyamory that is exclusive to the core members involved). This would not be polyfidelity if it were the following: M1 M2- - -F3 l \ / l l \ / l l X l l / \ l l / \ l F1 F2 In the above example, M2 is dating F1, F2, and F3 (whom is otherwise uninvolved). Just to supply more information, here is a list of the different major types of polyamory: Polyamory (basic version of relationship) Polyfidelity (a type of polyamory, where the members of the polygroup agree to only be involved with the group) Swinging (this is a matter of dispute. Swinging and polyamory share certain things in common, in that multiple consenting partners are involved. However, swinging is based upon a physical relationship, whereas polyamory is based upon committed emotions) Polygamy (where one person has multiple marital spouses. One should note the polygamy itself is gender neutral. The only connection that the spouses have is the fact that they are all married to the same person. Can be split into polygyny: one man having multiple wifes, and polyandry: one woman having multiple husbands) Group marriage (similar to polygamy, except everyone involved is all married to each other)Thundercrash22 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 What does zerg need to research... ...to make poetry with his units?HuMoDz5 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Want practicing partners, possibly more Hi, I've been playing SC2 since soon after it was released to the public. I once ranked in Gold, but ever since Blizzard introduced the new ranking system, it knocked me back down to silver. Since then, I've been messing around with Zerg. That being said, my main race is Terran, and when I've had my fill of getting slaughtered as a zerg, that's the race I'll play. Right now, I'm looking for a bevy of people to practice with. I only play 1v1 ladder matches (no real interest in team play). I'm willing to play people of all skill levels, but would prefer those closer to mine. I'm also open to the possibility of joining a clan (sorry, already used my free name change). The point being is that I want an active group of players to be a part of. I'm usually on from afternoons into late evenings/early mornings MST. If anyone is interested, please look me up: Patriot code 772. Thanks! :)Patriot3 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 8, 2012 The Ghost Chronicles Hey guys, this is my first Starcraft story, so any recommendations would be nice. All I can say is I hope you like it! _________________________________ 1st Lieutenant Ghost Michael Hawkins sneaked silently through the wreckage of the forward Dominion lines. Actarctius was never meant to handle this type of assault, he thought. He could hear the battle still raging, but he was deep in enemy lines and had yet to see his target among the city-scape. He looked around for any sign of the target, then continued east in hopes of finding it. Then he saw what he was looking for, creep. The mere bio-goo that helped power the Zerg. He stepped on it and found that it didn't react much to him being on it. He did a visual look around to see if any signs of burrowing were around. There were none - he exhaled a breath. Thermal imaging didn't work well on creep because of the heat it produced. He then continued forward - his suit always changing to help adapt with his cloak. He then found his target, the Hive of the Swarm on this planet. He found a somewhat intact building nearby and started up the stairs. It was almost five stories tall and gave him a good vantage point. He activated his laser and found the weakest spot in the structure. He then sent the signal to launch the nuke. "Target in sight, lazing now," he whispered over the communicator in his helmet. He heard movement behind him and set the rifle down so it could target the structure until the nuke hit. He then spun around with an SMG in hand and open fire on the three zerglings. The first one dropped quickly while the second ran at him. As he adjusted to hit the second it tore his gun away from him as he shot it through the mouth. The third jumped at him and pushed him to the ground. He quickly ducked as one of it's claws pushed downward and nearly hit his head. He kicked it off and pulled out his combat knife. The zergling lunged at him again and he dodged and stabbed downward, stabbing it in the brain. He pulled the knife out after it landed and set back to lazing the target. The nuke flew over head and impacted the structure - he looked away as the explosion grew and the mushroom cloud began to form. The Hive was destroyed. "Mission accomplished," he whispered," Heading back." ________________________________ A few hours later he was at the evacuation point. The zerg had made a big offensive push since he had nuked the hive. Two marines were there guarding it, they said nothing. He then felt something psionic touch his conscious. It then stopped and retracted. He didn't know what it was but it wasn't good. He turned, cloaked, and ran away from the point just as a swarm of zerg turned the corner of the city. The marines, with nowhere to run, opened fire, shredding many of the oncoming zerg. But two roaches sprayed acid that covered their helmets and eight zerglings tackled each. "Requesting evac," Michael said over the comms. No response. "Requesting evac," he repeated. Still static. "Dang it," he said. He looked for life signs in the area, one, a green blimp with an M on it stood out on his radar. "Great, a marine," he mumbled to himself as he headed north west to the Marine's location. ________________________________ "Hello?" Michael asked over the comms," Anyone there?" The marine turned around and said," Private Dylan Morris." "I'm over here," Michael responded, tapping him on the shoulder plate. The marine spun and said," Startled me." "We need to move out, they left us behind," Michael said. "Figure, my squad died back there, sent me to get to the Admiral with a message. There were no dropships at our evacuation point," Dylan said," So they held the line until they couldn't and then," Dylan looks around," Well you know the rest." Michael nodded and put a pair of binoculars to his helmet. He saw a small house about a mile away on the hill with a good vantage point," Let's move." _______________________________ Michael took off his helmet as Dylan started a fire. They were lucky to find this unharmed house, much less one with supplies. He checked his magazines and then set them back in his belt. Hefting one of his two remaining weapons. He then nodded at Dylan and motioned him to do the same. A few hours later, it was dark. The zerg could be heard in the distance, destroying various hiding holes of Dominion Troops. He then pulled out his knife and put it under the chin of whatever was walking towards him. "Woah there, calm down," the ghost decloaked," Names Shad." "Michael," he said putting his weapon in it's sheath. "Weren't you the guy that nuked..." Shad began. "Yes," Michael said. Dylan, still silent, saw the fire dying and went around back to go get some fire wood. Not surprised by Michael's quick reflexes or another ghost. They waited for him to return. One minute, two minutes, three minutes.... "I think it's time to see what your friend is up to," Shad said, pulling out a pistol. "Agreed," Michael said as they both stood up and walked out the door.Paladin19 Jun 8, 2012
Jun 8, 2012 Practice Partners If anyone is interested I am looking for some people to be able to be able to practice with on a somewhat-regular basis. I am getting a bit bored just laddering and feel this would be a much more effective way for me to practice/improve. I am a Masters Zerg player by the way.ScoobySnacks9 Jun 8, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 ... Deleted This was far too similar to something. I will rewrite it, and make it unique to my own writing.Fantasy169 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Taking a Vacation from RPing as you know i have been away from joey rays. now i am making it official that i am in fact on vacation, i've been running low on ideas and there's just been a lot on my mind. i will be back but after i get those creative juices recharged. so for any of the RPs i have going on they will have to choose a new host. sorry for the inconvenience. Darkra, signing out :)darkra5 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 PanKoprulu Academy Volume 5 This is simple. A school- esque setting will fuction here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank I mentioned modes earlier. There are four. Jester- Protect a special unit (30 hp, 2 damage, 3 range) until he gets to a supercomputer to hack files for you. Invasion- Your units travel with 12 supply of in-game units (no, not each) to achieve a goal. Vehicle Chase- All of you have one goal- destroy all of each others' vehicles! (only vs.) Space Conflict- Enemy Stargate/Starport/Spire units will try to kill you. Kill them first. Basement: CLASSIFIED Ground: Classrooms, Lab, Grass field, Parking Lot, Bathrooms 2nd Floor: Cafeteria, Phones, Library 3rd Floor: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) 4th Floor: Gymnasium, Firing Range, Chemical Testing Roof: Gun Batteries, Warp Pad, Broadcasting TowerDarkZelot75 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Thundercrash Bar Dimension (continued from Zanon's Bar thread) Welcome, stranger, to the Thundercrash Bar Dimension. JoeyRay’s Bar is an excellent place to come to relax, to let the strain of obliterating your opponent in honorable combat drain away. I have been coming to this fine establishment for some time, and though I have enjoyed myself many times, I have noticed something lacking. Drinks! So, being the considerate man that I am, I have taken it upon myself to serve this much needed necessity. Patrons may partake from our fine range beverages, some only found here. Drink menu: A Jim Raynor -- Cheap, harsh, and served up warm in a filthy glass. A Tychus Findlay -- You’re not actually sure what it is, but you spilled a few drops and the counter is still smoking. The Zeratul -- It isn’t served to you, instead it appears from the shadows. Then, when you try to drink it, you experience weird visions and the glass disappears. Zergling “Special” -- “Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gal…” Firebat -- Burns goin’ down AND comin’ back up. Psi-Storm -- Hits so hard you’ll remember what happened tomorrow, yesterday. Grounds for Divorce -- Matt Horner was drinking these when he “won” a fateful card game. What He’s Having -- Kachinsky always seems to be in here, so whatever he’s having must be pretty good. Baneling Body Shot -- Are you sure this is a good idea? I’m not sure where to put the lime... A Glass of Milk -- “Whaddya mean there aren’t any cows in Koprulu? Where’d this come from then?“ The Solar Shot -- For those looking for a good time. Flame-proof clothing recommended, cuz you’ll be shining brighter than the star of Typhon. Korhalian BackStabber -- Good for the recently betrayed and left for dead. The Jail Breaker -- new from the recently opened New Folsom Prison Bar. The Bloody Medic -- kills the pain, but we still say you should have a doctor check that out. Redstone Mixer -- expensive, but I can guarantee it’ll be served in a clean and sterilized glass. Careful, that lava’s hot. The Broadcaster -- You’re not ready for the raw $ex appeal this sucker brings. A favorite of a certain ex-convict. The Hellracer -- suspension of sobriety is an integral part of any drinking experience, but this experience requires suspension of sobriety and inhibitions. The Maelstrom Shocker -- Only served here, a 40% bigger hit than standard Shockers, guaranteed. Psionic Cooler -- yes, I know it feels weird. Don’t worry, the energy coming out of your body should wear off in a couple days (insert generic letters to indicate gibberish) -- I don’t know what’s in it either, but that guy down there had one. He started screaming and thrashing for a while, and now he hasn’t gotten up off the floor in over an hour. The Judicator -- Perfect for influencing the minds of the intoxicated. Prismatic Void -- Gets better with every drink. Has been known to be lethal. Mind Shredder: perfect for those wishing to forget everything and start a new life. For anyone not wishing to do this, this drink isn’t advised. Scotty Bolgers old no. 8: the good stuff Andorian Ale: Can’t tell you how I got this, its a trade secret. Charge: Made using stim and several other ingredients. Side effects vary. Mjolnir (Thor’s Hammer): If you really want to feel hammered, this is for you. Served with a side of hot lead. Enlightenment: tell me when you get there. Marine: may cause you to see the counter vanish Feedback: served cold. All those annoying voices in your head start telling you what you did wrong today. M.U.L.E.: Good buzz, but may cause a break down later. Haven Splitter: you’ll either feel warm, safe, and content, or depressed, paranoid, and possibly like injecting yourself with random serums. 50/50 shot. Ace Suicide: I don’t actually know what this does. Nor do I recommend it. Alcoholic Projector: Ever wanted to know what you’re actually like when you get totally trashed? Take a few sips of this, and all the alcohol in your system will condense into a ‘party’ version of yourself, where you are completely wasted, have no inhibitions, and are just out for a ‘little’ fun. The more you’ve drunk beforehand, the better the projection. Have fun! The HBRB: however crazy you think you are, this will make you worse. Yes, that includes you, namesake. The Noodle Incident: we all know what happens when you take this. It needs no explanation. Little bit of everything: Exactly what it says. I’ve taken everything I’ve got, mixed it together, and put in the laser accelerator for a few hours. There’s no telling what will happen. Slicer: Has the unique property that it changes effect depending on the drinker's personality, amplifying any traits they have a good thousand times over. Buzzes in the back of your skull begin after three drinks, amplify slowly, and you randomly sprout wings after the 11th glass. The Scoutmaster: May result in the drinkee feeling experiencing high levels of Trustworthiness, Loyalty, Helpfulness, Friendliness, Courtesy, Kindness, Obedience, Cheerfulness, Thriftiness, Bravery, Cleanliness, and Reverence. Not Recommended for parties. Mar Sara Black: need a pick me up, or something for radiation poisoning? Or jut something to get a good buzz going that doesn’t break down? Then say good night, because we won’t be seeing you until the morning. If you wake up. Drink accessories: pylon shards (for those that need that extra crunchy glitter) hydralisk spine umbrella (not for the more bubbly drinks) Mentos: you’ve seen that experiment with Coke? Wait till you see what happens with this stuff. Laser accelerator: Heh heh, you think you’ve had it all? Time for a little ‘randomosity’. Maximum time of one week. The menu will updated every so often, so check back to see if there is anything new you might like to try. There are only two rules here: If anyone starts a bar fight I will either: 1) throw you into the pen of Roaches I keep in the back. I feed them regularly, but you know how voracious Zerg are 2) personally blow your head off, and use your dead body to make new drinks and 2: what happens in the bar, stays in the bar. So come. Drink. Enjoy. Chat with friends. Make new ones. Pick up a date [or a one night stand ;) ]. Drown your sorrows. Bi*ch about your life. For those of the literary bent, use this opportunity to get the creative juices [among other things] flowing. As long as you pay your tab, and don’t break anything, I really don’t care what you do. And the best part is: no hangovers! On an extra note: Due to the recent conflicts involving trolls, flash-mobs, and nuclear activity (pointed look at Zanon), I’ve moved the Bar to its own pocket dimension. Don’t worry, nothing has really changed, this is just for structural stability.Thundercrash500 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 Has anyone else seen this? Just today as I was logging into Brood War, I noticed a new server called U.S. Test. Can someone explain to me what this is for? It wasn't there before.sYgmata0 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 3, 2012 PanKoprulu Academy, Volume 4 Hello to the fourth page! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!!!! This is simple. A school- esque setting will fuction here. There will be a short monologue, followed by every "student" (people who apply) going into a unique mission. You will all be one of the following units, or any combination thereof: Marine Firebat Marauder Reaper Medic Ghost Spectre (side note: your posts must reflect slight insanity) Zergling Roach Hydralisk Lurker Queen (SC2) Zealot Stalker Dragoon Sentry High Templar Dark Templar Be forewarned: the more diverse your pool, the more nerfed you will be. After each mission, the Board (my next post) will be updated. All applications must follow the following format: Name Age Unit Mix (the one you are most of first, least of last) Abilities (two maximum, kapische?) Used Weapons Special Notes In Special Notes, if Protoss or Terran is part of your mix, you may include their personal transport. It will be used in one of the two mission modes- Space Conflict and Vehicle Chase. IF AND ONLY IF YOU ARE PURE ZERG, you may use one of my custom vehicles (I'll throw 'em in later) Vehicle List (Space Conflict) Void Ray Scout Wraith Pheonix Corsair Viking Banshee Valkyrie Vehicle List (Vehicle Chase) Vulture Hellion Goliath Immortal <None needed for Stalker/Dragoon> Reaver (modified) Colossus (modified) Siege Tank I mentioned modes earlier. There are four. Jester- Protect a special unit (30 hp, 2 damage, 3 range) until he gets to a supercomputer to hack files for you. Invasion- Your units travel with 12 supply of in-game units (no, not each) to achieve a goal. Vehicle Chase- All of you have one goal- destroy all of each others' vehicles! (only vs.) Space Conflict- Enemy Stargate/Starport/Spire units will try to kill you. Kill them first. Basement: CLASSIFIED Ground: Classrooms, Lab, Grass field, Parking Lot, Bathrooms 2nd Floor: Cafeteria, Phones, Library 3rd Floor: Dance Hall, Bedrooms (everyone has a roommate, decide for yourselves) 4th Floor: Gymnasium, Firing Range, Chemical Testing Roof: Gun Batteries, Warp Pad, Broadcasting Towerwfawwer492 Jun 3, 2012
Jun 2, 2012 Graveyard A Graveyard for all dead characters. They will never be forgotten, (BTW let the authors create the graves for their characters, unless The author asks someone to write it for them. Visiting graves are permitted, but no firebombing the graveyard)Fantasy72 Jun 2, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Kay-Oh! Entertainment (RP/Business) Welcome to the headquarters of Kay-Oh, the Koprulu Sector’s finest source of entertainment. You can come here to engage in a plethora of activities, sign up as an actor, or just come watch the shows we put on. Time for the OOC explanation. Remember the Roach Warren? You could play as a character, or you could just be yourself (Bar style). This is similar. You will either show up and enjoy, or… sign up as an actor. You will RP your actor between the filming for scenes, and during the scenes will RP your char. Back to the IC parts. We utilize a revolutionary new form of moviemaking – I, the almighty director, will tell you basically what I want, then the actors will totally improvise all the details. There’s a sign-up sheet below: Actor Name Actor Race Actor Physical Appearance Actor Personality Actor Brief Backstory Note that actors don’t have to be actors by profession, they might have just completed their first audition. You will be staying here at the Headquarters, room and board are provided (sorry Draconus, but I’m stealing this idea from you. I think it’s why the RW died while the Academy succeeded). You will be given spacious, luxurious quarters as befitting an actor, of course. Once a few people have signed up I’ll show you to your rooms and possibly map the place for your convenience. I will soon announce our first project, and you will be allowed to create character for your actors to play (within the movie’s parameters, of course). Thank you all for reading! -KnarledOne, director, producer, and owner.KnarledOne10 Jun 1, 2012
May 29, 2012 Share an epic screenshot So, me and my friends decided to do a 3 vs 3 in ladder. My whole idea was to go massive ghost with massive nukes. However, my friend decided to push and went with level 3 3 3 on marines only. Taking out 2 out of 3 while 1 of them was fighting to win for their team. Even tho they left, knowing it was a GG. But, then he left because he ran out of minerals. So, I stayed in the game and decided to mine everything (except for Gas). Lift all my buildings and put them in the middle. Screenshots. http://i.imgur.com/pRjt8.jpg http://i.imgur.com/96kuD.jpg http://i.imgur.com/UvV52.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wDjMp.jpgGOFORBROKE0 May 29, 2012