Joeyray's Bar

Jan 9, 2012 Unit Creator http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/3811497283?page=1#15 an interesting topic with many different ideas, maybe someone can make a custom game or perhaps a balance discussion whether these units are opFantasy0 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 What is best in starcraft life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women!Graboid3 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Getting a friend to play SCII Me: Hey I got a new game Friend: Cool what is it called Me: It's called StarCraft II Friend: Your gay, you know it? Me: Have you played the game? Friend: No, but I played the first one. Me: lol, that one is from the 90's Friend: Nah, looks like it's from 05 Me: Play the second one. Friend: Alright *3 weeks later* Me: What's going on Friend: Playing SC2 Me: Cool, wanna play some BF3? Friend: Nah trying to get into Gold League. Me: -.- Nothing says "I told you so" by making them play a game that they thought was gay. Text messages during Chirstmas FTW!!!DavidSavyer12 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Back from winter break Yay im finally back... will be posting alot more now... school starts up again in a few daysTerrorz1 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 7, 2012 My other short story... archon so if u read my zealot story thank u and this one takes up another writeing style that was inspired by the lore story broken wide FOCUS “Marine one marine one” the comm buzzed with activity. “This is sergeant Will Johnson reporting over” I replied. It was a slow day on Malhala. They were sent to eliminate the zerg but while them helions and firebats were burning down everything the marines get to sit around and do absolutely nothing. I wasn’t really comfortable in my suit, couldn’t scratch anywhere and boy was I itching. “Man I gotta go take a leek can you watch for me man”my partner pleaded, “fine but make it quick” I replied in annoyance. I looked out. All was clear as usual, hills, shrubs, clossi- what!!!! The alarm was sounded barracks started pumping out marauders, marines loaded the bunkers, siege tanks took the high ground, missile turrets surrounded the perimeter . But the pure numbers these high-tech protoss had was blood churning. I was about to get loaded into my bunker when a special transmission was addressed to me “srgt J.Will report to the mission briefing room”. When I got there I was assigned a special mission with the other tip tops. “OK ladies your job is to intercept a group of 10 dark templars. Your objective is to capture them so we can find out how they permanently cloak so our ghost can be even more kicka*ss then you slobs, we are sending you a raven so you can clearly see them. We want them ALIVE I repeat ALIVE now move out!!!” we sat there in position for who knows how long. We were dressed in special marine corps armor and weapons(warpig stuff). Soon a transparent figure appeared before us and we opened fire. It slumped down badly wounded. The others began to circle me and the others like prey. “everyone go to the middle!!” I shouted but not before a marine got picked off. We stayed there back to back, when one strayed too close we shot the living sh*t out of it. Soon only 5 dark templars were still standing while the others were wounded badly. Then we all took a risk “bayonet charge in 3 2 1 GO!!!!” I roared and we took the rest down. We all felt like immortals having ten dark templars slumped in submission in front of us. The 20 marines around me smirked but then the dark templars turned into 5 balls of light. We stood there dazed then one materialized, an archon “WE NEED FOCUS!!!” it bellowed. “We are so dead man!!!” a marine screamed, just then another archon finished merging “DESTROY!!” it bellowed and soon the marine exploded in a flurry of guts and gore. The other archons followed with other shouts “ERADICATE” “ELIMINATE” and soon all five were there. “OPEN FIRE!!!” I barked and a flurry of bullets spouted out of our rifles but the archons did not phase. More marines died and my leg exploded in blood. Pain shot up my body, I was on the ground sprawling. “It was over” I remorsed “these archons would open up a gap and the army would pour in”. I looked up to see one of the powerful beings “ WE NEED FOCUS!!!”, it said once more and then.... Blackness. darkra6 Jan 7, 2012
Jan 7, 2012 My Sc2 Story....the zealot hey guys i appreciate that you are taking the time to read this. it is one of my first works inspired by the lore short stories so i hope you enjoy it and criticism is welcome. so with out further ad du i present my short story. ANTARO TASSADAR For Auir we always said. From thick through thin that was what kept us going. Until the zerg came. Auir fell and Shakuras became our new home. That didn’t stop the dedication that we show to our home worlds. We are the men at the front lines of battle, risking our lives for the cause, we... are zealots. Arcanas was the first and only zealot at this new base. It was him and the zerg. His psi blades crackled and fizzed with psionic energy. His eyes filled with anger and smite. There at the entrance he stood alone. They say the first zealot through is the first casualty always. But what did he care. There the zerglings came, 3 of them lusting for his blood. He lashed with might and the first was down, their petty attacks bouncing off his shields. One two one two, like he always practiced. Then and there 3 bodies lay before him, shields low but not a scratch. The planet they were are wasn’t a welcoming one. It was a barren place with many cliffs and hills, there wasn’t much plant life and when there were it was only little shrubs. The zerg infested this planet not long ago and Arcanas with others were sent to purge the infestation, if they failed then a purifier class mothership would be called and this whole planet will lay waist to its planet cracker beam. It had bean a few hours, charge has bean applied to their power armor and tier 1 upgrades complete. There were 20 of them now, and 2 dark templars. Then he saw what few would see, an archon “WE NEED FOCUS!!!” it bellowed. No one didn’t heed its order. A few more came and zealots warped on through. Then the moment of truth came upon them where all the lives are lost, they were ordered to move out. 50 zealots moved through, in pace with 10 archons. Feeling creep under his feet Arcanas knew they were drawing near. Then as if in slow motion 10 hydras blasted out of the ground shooting spines. 1 zealot fell, then another, contact. Arcanas jabbed his warp blade deep into the jaws of one then spun around and brought both blades down on another. Archon bolts fizzed by him, decimating all in its path. He charged towards the enemy with lightning speed ducked and slashed. Screams of fallen brethren filled the air, soon there was nothing left. 45 zealots remained and all the archons. They moved on. Soon they came upon an expansion the zerg set up. They dispatched the drones quickly and took the hatchery down. Then a nydus worm suddenly exploded out of the ground behind them and unleashed its deadly cargo of banelings. They rolled and collided with the archons, bringing most of them down. These mighty warriors were destroyed by the pure destructive numbers of the zerg. 3 remained but damaged. They laid the dead to rest. If it weren’t for those archons they would all be dead. They moved on, now more determined then ever to make their enemy pay. All was going smooth when they heard the mighty roar of an ultralisk. They stood brave and forged ahead. They came upon a pylon soon after and 2 more archons were warped in with 10 stalkers and 5 zealots. They kept moving, steep hills and cliffs blocked their way but they managed. Just when things were lightening up they saw their doom. “Mutalisks!!!” roared Arcanas as the zealots tried to find cover, stalker phase disrupters fire, and archon bolts filled the air as the mutas glave worms bombarded them from the sky. The battle took a few seconds but to Arcanas it was an eternity. Death from air units is a zealot’s worst enemy. The mutas dispatched 5 stalkers remained and archons unscathed. Then overlords blocked the sun as roaches poured out of their ventenal sacks. They started to spew their deadly acid as the zealots charged. One two one two Arcanas jabbed the roach as its attacks bounced off his shield, he spun around and slashed another one’s underbelly while one of his brethren followed up with a devastating blow to the neck. He brought his blade down on a roach’s head while he kicked another. His shield was low, he saw a roach about to spew at him he threw the dead one. It managed to block the acid, before the attacking one could react Arcanas was upon him uppercutting it in the jaw. Blood squirted out of it then it cried in pain, and it was over. Bodies were strewn on the ground of zerg and protoss. 3 archons remained and 30 zealots. The path forward seemed darker then ever to Arcanas and he knew it was..... Onward they marched, ragged and tired even the archon’s strong glow seamed to be dimmer somehow. The heat, the aching muscles, everything. Soon they saw the main hive cluster and Arcanas knew that it was all for nothing. The hive stretched for miles, mutalisks circled the sky, hungry for blood. Giant menacing ultralisks lumbered on creep crushing all that came near. But for some reason the group wasn’t afraid. Then Arcanas knew. “all this time I thought zealots fought with vengeance and hate... But the true way to win a battle is to fight with honour and pride against all odds for what you believe in....” he realized. As one the group roared “ANTARO TASSADAR!!!” and off they went into the Khala’s waiting arms.... NEWS: i finished another story and if this one is rated well i'll post the other one.darkra13 Jan 7, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Looking for bronze level players for practice I sort of just started playing, but I have been given advice from some good friends (one is in high gold) and i wanted to play with people on a more regular basis. All you have to do is put your character name and code and we can start playing. My hope is to get a group of people together so it can be varied. Thanks VulcanVulcan41 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Clan AnU Looking for Fresh Blood! Opening Word! Hello! As I'm sure you can divine from the title this is a recruiting thread for the clan Archons 'n' Urubuus! There is quite a bit of text here, and most of it is flavor so I put this section for a quick snapshot of the current state of AnU and future plans. -AnU is an old clan, that was comprised of a small group of high-level diamond players. -For about the last six months AnU has been a primarily defunct clan. -I want to revitalize the clan with fresh players, while learning how to play random at a Master league level. -We have an incredibly small player base, but I am hoping to change this. -Message me on SC if you are interested in the clan Character ID: 543 History AnU was originally a group of four players who were enthralled by the game of Starcraft II. SkullBoySKB - The American Protoss player, known for his superb micro and blink stalker plays. Prime - A Canadian Protoss player, the group's mascot, he was either the worst player or the best player on the team, but always fun to watch. Dropshot - A Canadian ex-toss Zerg player, incredible macro player and ridiculously strong mid-gamer. Chives - A Canadian Protoss player, he worked his way up from Bronze league to Diamond league. Incredibly strong in team games, and pioneer of archon templar plays. The quartet decided to create a clan that would prize fun players over UBER L33T players. They expanded to include two more players. AnUIntensity - Token Terran player, favored mech armies over bioballs. Visi0 - The Zerg newbie. And for a long time AnU thrived with their small player base. Everyone (with the exception of Visi0 ) reached Master League. Unfortunately, as is the case with most good things, AnU came to an end. As of now most players are MIA or rarely load Starcraft II. Fortunately; SkullBoy, Chives, and Prime have decided to revitalize AnU. SkullBoy and Chives are incredibly rusty (Especially since SkullBoy decided to switch to Random) Prime is still quite skilled as he continued to play Starcraft after the crash of AnU. Requirements to Join -Have a mic and Skype -Don't BM and treat fellow players with respect. -Most importantly, be fun to play with! This is the main aspect of the clan! We prize fun over skill. -To join all you have to do is friend me and shoot me a message on Starcraft, and we'll play a few games. Reasons to Join -There really is no reason for you to join, we have almost no players and we're all rusty as hell. But, we do value fun so that is about the only reason to join XD Any Questions? Post them below and I'll be glad to answer! AnUSkullBoy8 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 Ranj'ellgio -Pre Conclave Alliance- It was misty... The Dark Templar stalked the Hydra... He lightly put his left foot forward. The Hydralisk turns his head... He fades into a vine and keeps watching the Hydralisk. The Hydra turns his head and goes back to bobbing for snakes. He blinks out from the Vine and drives his Cyan Green blade into his neck. It bleeds out strangling and squirming. The mist creeps out of the room and Lights flash up. The yellow walls of a Protoss Training room flash his eyes. Meanwhile, behind the viewing glass. "I do not accept of this! Dark Templar are outcasts, and they should not be trained into OUR society!" "Calm Huriox. They have helped us before, and they could help us, if we adapt them into us." "These BETRAYERS cannot be adapted back into the Khalai fool!" He stomps out of the room rather dissapointed of being called in. The other Executor rode the Elevator down to the training room, hands behind his back. He stepped out as the Dark Templar was cutting off the Hydra's left claw, as tradition for Phase Dark Templar. "You did good Ranj'ellgio. Very good." "Yes, perhaps..." He continues to cut into the Hydralisk. "What are you doing?" Executor "Nothing... What do you want with me now?" Ranj'ellgio "We are trying to get our people to he--" Executor "I don't care! Why have you called me here? And why have you made me done this?" Ranj'ellgio "The zerg are a threat and togethor we could help eachother..." Executor "You have abandoned us! I do not wish to help you. I will be leaving now." Ranj'ellgio "Rather then, go." As Ranj'ellgio starts to walk out he presses a button on his Wristband and four zealots warp in around Ranj'ellgio. "You see, if you will not help us, then you are well against us. Perhaps Huriox was right about this attempt." He walks in the elevator right after motioning for the Zealots to kill Ranj'ellgio.Roboto0 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 4, 2012 Razer Naga Mouse Hello everybody, Just a few days ago I purchased a razer naga mouse for gaming. Now where the number pad is, it is getting a little bit warm and it wasnt from my hand. Im just asking if this is normal or if i should return it for a new one. ThanksDoctorPuff3 Jan 4, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 How can i message or friend someone i see in these forums? thanksRingoStar1 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Congressional Approval 10-12% http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/congressional_job_approval-903.html yep.....Agnosis1 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 The Secrets of Meta Rough Draft This RP is going to be slightly different from other RPs since there is going to be something called Howard's Journals. Throughout the RP, there's going to be key points of interest that will provide different things (What they provide will be explained later in this), which the journals reveal where they are, what they do, and how to use them. Depending how much these points of interest give will determine how many of the journals you have to read to get the information. Races/Classes/Perks/Spells You select a race, a class, and THREE perks to start with. The classes you can give it a unique name to it, like a Darkflame Firebat. Stat points are assigned at the start and can be changed with certain items and spells. Zerg: Changeling: Starts with a Fourth perk Shapeshifter, which allows them to transform into any creature no larger than itself, but weapons and perks used by it cannot be used. Can use weapons, but cannot wear heavy armor. Perks: Fast Regeneration: Wounds heal faster Hardened Skin: Less Damage is taken, but explosives deal more damage Infestation: Machines and buildings are covered in infestation, causing damage and can transform small structures into small hatcheries Slicer Claws: Attacks with claws are stronger and can slice through slightly thicker metal Protoss: Zealot: Has the strongest shields, which can handle up to a direct blast from a siege tank before failing. Can use heavier armor, but is limited to psi-blades as weapons Templar: Can use psi/warp blades and has stronger abilities. Weaker shields, but can use up their energy to increase its recharge rate. Archon: Can convert energy into shields. Can go into a phase of meditation to in increase its energy power. Can have up to five perks. However, cannot use armor and weapons, only can attack through energy blasts. Perks: Harderned Shields: Shields can absorb more powerful attacks. Zealot only. Psionic Power: Psionic power is increased, allowing to be able to cast Psionic spells Preserver Knowledge: Can call upon the knowledge of ancestors, allowing the ability to use key points of interest without requiring Howard's Journals (Note: Only works on ones of Protoss origin) Shadow Knowledge: Allows to be able to fill empty Stalker shells with a shadow copy and ascess to Dark Templar knowledge, but makes the user a Dark Templar and can only use warp blades and cloak. Templar only. Terran: Marine: Can carry heavy weapons, but can only leave/modify suit at an Armor Station Going to make more, but using an iPhone for this is quite difficult. Feedback is appreciated.Naitsrich3 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Epic. /¯/_____________________ | ___━━____┓━╭━━━━━╮ ____━━____┗┓|::::::::::^━━^ ____━━____━┗|:::::::: |。◕‿‿◕。| ____━━____━━╰O--O----O-O-╯ \_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ NLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!Roboto10 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 1, 2012 Fighting games. Lets talk about fighting games. For examples: Street fighter, Marvel vs capcom, DOA, Soul caliber, and Tekken. Let me just state right off that these things are ridiculous. Why? because its not really about fighting, its about memorizing combos that usually 'juggle' another character into the air and getting them into a position where they cant do anything to abate your beat down on them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy6Em-2uFJo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKygTJ-F-1k Real fights are more like this ^^^^^ You trade blows EDIT: did i mention that the control scheme is F***ing stupid? i just returned street fighter, because it required me to rotate the Movement stick twice to do their best move, all my character did was jump.KingCrAZee6 Jan 1, 2012
Jan 1, 2012 Terraria! Got this game like 4 days ago. Greatest. 5 Bucks. Of my LIFE! Seriously, this game is just amazing. I want to simcity? ITS THERE! I want to raid a dungeon? ITS THERE! I want to tackle endgame bosses? ITS THERE! Its like a 2d minecraft but better :DiMoDoomerX6 Jan 1, 2012
Dec 31, 2011 Creative Writing Tips and Tricks Hello hello! So currently I'm halfway through my next story called 'Dark as Night,' a one-shot about a Dark Templar invasion of an entrenched Terran base, and as I have been working on it I've been thinking about the challenges that I have when it comes to writing, as well as the tricks I have learned to overcoming them. It got me thinking; what kind of ideas to you have to help you when you are having trouble writing? I just thought I'd share a couple of my methods that help me overcome the dreaded Writer's Block, and would be eager to hear some of yours! 1. Have an overall structure of what you want your story to take the reader. My brainstorming process usually begins with an idea; in the case of Dark as Night, it is sorrow, patience, and vengeance. I then will write down very quick notes about how I want the story to proceed; usually just a line or two which I will later replace with several paragraphs. This lets me know where the story is going so I don't get halfway through the story-telling process only to realize that there is no real reason for the Protoss to be attacking the Terran at all. 2. Drawing. I will usually draw (very terribly I might add) a quick sketch of what I want to explain to the reader. Dark as Night started as the back of a Dark Templar standing on a cliff, overlooking a Terran base in a valley, with several observers in the air. From this I was able to expound on the scenery, atmosphere, lighting, and mood, because I had something to anchor my imagination onto. 3. Research. I was amazed about how many things have been written about Dark Templars. I was able to look through the many Tribes, select one that interested me the most, and expound on the characters personality through it. Seriously, research truly boosts the creative thought process. 4. Revision. I will usually write a brief skeleton of my story to begin with, and will go over it repeatedly until it has been fleshed out and I'm pleased with it. Every time I read my previous writings, I always find better ways to word sentences or describe feelings. Reading and changing my writing over and over really helps it to become much more deep and meaningful. Anyway, those are for of the tips I have for you guys. I'd like to know some of your strategies when it comes to writing, and will be happy to share more as I can come up with them. Best wishes to your writing! :)Aradan0 Dec 31, 2011
Dec 31, 2011 Why are Faithful so affraid of god? I never clued into what the fear was all about, seems the more ignorant a people be the more fear they demand of their god. I don't fear your god, I fear you. Watch your step.Agnosis14 Dec 31, 2011
Dec 30, 2011 I'm back, and I would like your help :) Hey guys, I'm back. I had a very busy school year and wasn't able to keep up some of my stories that I had going on, but I have had more time open up for this next year, and I am excited to start writing again! As I have a couple projects that I have been working on, I would like your help of knowing what you want to hear most, and I will come out with that next. So please let me know what you want to hear! 1. The final revised version of 'Despair,' a story as told from the point of view of an Overlord named Starkad, as his family has a fateful encounter with fiendish Terrans. 2. A revised version of Stettman's Zerg Research Journal, where Stettman logs his findings about the individual Zerg creatures that he has encountered and studied. 3. A new project I have been working on called Stettman's Protoss Research Journal; basically the same as the Zerg one, but with Protoss. 4. Dark as Night, a story told from an assasin Dark Templar, who plays a key role in crippling a Terran outpost. Those are the projects I'm working on that I'd love to get your feedback on. Let me know which one you would like to be released first, and I'll get it right out for you. :)Aradan7 Dec 30, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 A Question Raised... I know that someone had intended to 'reopen' the CLOAKED LOVE RP. As one of the major participants in the Cloaked Love RP's I fully support this idea. Regrettably, the Cloaked Love participants Ender, MockingJay, and Thundercrash are no longer steady posters on the Starcraft 2 forums. As such we will have to work without them until the time that one or more of them returns. As I mentioned before, I support this idea. I would now like to know if anyone else would join if I were to create another CLOAKED LOVE RP.Zanon7 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 King Looking down on the ruins of a once sprawling city of the Dominion of man, Declin King could fell the emptiness beneath him. No screaming, no gunshots, no shouts, not even the chittering and sc%!!@!! that went hand in hand with the Zerg could be heard. Not for the moment at least. Through the scope of his rifle he saw countless plumes of smoke rising up from roaring blazes, and broken still-flickering neon lights dotted throughout the city, but no life. The small comm-box at his side crackled “all right King, we’ve got the position locked on”. He shouldered his rifle and pulled up a chair from the rubble of the office room he was currently enjoying the view from. A very rich businessman had once worked here, but he was long gone. All that was left was an overturned desk, a smashed wall, papers strewn on the floor and a very quiet ghost. And soon he, and all of it around him, would be gone too. Declin sat down right next to the gaping hole from which he could see the city and watched as a tiny black dot in the sky tore through the cloudline, glowing red from the tremendous speed at which it traveled, and fell towards the ground. Declin grinned. “You called down the thunder” And he was gone. GreatFluke4 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 And it all comes falling down... (Credit goes to, well...You know who you are. Don't you?) Please choose between Zerg Armor, or Terran Hybrid. You awake in a small, dark room. if Zerg Armor, you awake , hanging upside down (By chains). You cannot see. If Terran hybrid, you awake with steel balls weighting you down by your foot. If Protoss Mage (Me. Only me.), awake with vision (As the DM :P) Zerg armor, you are a human with Zerg exoskeleton, and Katar-like claws.. You were a (Choose Marauder, Firebat) before the Invasion of Kerrigan (Sc2 plotline.) You had invaded Char, but had been knocked out at the cave. Your goal is to make your way out alive. Terran Hybrid, you are a human with a basic gun. You were also in the war, but you were a (Medic, Marine, SCV), and you vaguely remember being tossed into a Dropship, then falling out. Protoss Mage (Me), *hidden.* You have no idea who is here. Time is ticking by. Find a way... (Please state Class, name, etc. IT OFFICIALLY BEGINS AT 7:00 EST.) Please note that I'll be rolling stat averages for Zerg and Hybrid. My rolls (And rolls for luck) will determine some things.Vultureling500 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Amnesia Part 2 Thread for Amnesia, part two of fluppuples RP thread. If you are new and want to join go to the thread Amnesia a new RP. IC: "Hopefully we will get ahold of this artifact. Never seen a planet from space before..." Slim Controlled Ashley looks down at the planet. OOC:What kind of planet is it? Have we decided yet?Terrorz473 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 Ambrosia This is another Open, mainly player-kept roleplay. Please choose Terran, Zerg, Protoss. You are all (Starting base, workers) small squadrons sent by your leaders to harvest a large mineral node on the center of the planet. You are all in your own little base, surrounded by a high rock wall except for a chokepoint near the front. In these bases are a few scarce minerals and a small Vespene Geyser. (Numbercraft!) I'll start. (Zerg) Our Hatchery has completed. We begin mining, with no scouts. Our lone Overlord keeps watch at the chokepoint, wary for any threats to the Hatchery. (50+50=100, 100 minerals, 0+0=0, 0 vespene) Vultureling16 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 A panda walks into a diner... and sits down and orders a sandwich. When he is finished, the waiter comes over and gives him his check. The panda then pulls out a gun and shoots the waiter, and starts walking towards the door. "What the hell was that for?" yelled the waiter "I'm a panda, look it up." So the waiter is rushed off to the hospital. When he's there he pulls out a dictionary and reads: 'Panda - a large mammal of the Asian mountain forests related to raccoons and true bears and characterized by bold black and white markings. Eats shoots, and leaves.'BBW33 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 Shock and Awe "Too much...too much is out there..." The man before you says, before passing out on top of the table. You blink, looking around at the bar at the various patrons. They've finally stopped looking at you and went back to whatever it was they were doing. You sigh and return to your drink. "You need help moving him?" A voice behind you speaks. You turn and see a short looking fellow, mid thirties you guess. You shrug and return to your drink. He moves over to the man, shoving him from the chair and taking his place, you look at him. "Name's Alex, work for the-" You stop him, telling him that most people around here don't talk about their jobs. His face reddens slightly and he sits there a moment, as you finish your drink. Finally, he speaks up again. You note some strange looking scars on his bald head. "Oh these?" He asks, pointing to them, "Nothing much, just something I got in the military." It takes you a moment to realize that they're from a surgical procedure. Worried, you ask him what he did in the military. "Fire support," He chuckles a moment, "not the Firebat one of course. Heavy duty, siege tanks, you know?" He turns to the bar and asks for a drink allowing you to see the scars. They are definitely from a brain panning, you decide to keep this to yourself for now though. The man returns to looking at you, a slight grin on his face, "Retired now, currently working for the shipyards until my application to rejoin gets through." You nod, then ask him what he fought in. He pauses, as if in thought, then replies "Not quite sure actually, " He chuckles again, "Though I remember facing off against those UED fellows a while ago." You nod, then ask him to tell you more about it. Alex shrugs, "Alright, it was about four years ago.." Alex smiled, feeling the deep boom of the cannon push the Arclite back a moment. The spotter, Roger I believe his name was, let out a whoop, "Yeah! Only hit ONE of our marines that time!" Alex chuckled, then called down, "He hurt bad?" Roger shrugged, "Another group, aim a bit to the right." avoiding the question entirely. Our gunner, Luke, took aim, "Got 'em in my sights, the slimy bastards." The cannon let out its roar, and the sound of impact followed not long after. We reset the cannon and pressed forward, running down the zergling carcasses as we passed. "So what do you guy's thinks making them so easy lately?" George asked, looking at the course given. Luke let out a chuckle, "Maybe they realized that they don't like dying so much." Alex laughed, though Roger didn't join in, as a matter of fact, he seemed oddly quiet. "Roger, you alright?" Roger spat onto the ground. "No, there's a problem, a big one." "Apparently the Dylarian shipyards were assaulted recently, and some 'terrorists' managed to steal a whole heap of battlecruisers. Needless to say, we were called back to Korhal." Alex said, the grin wiped off his face a moment at the thought. He sighed, and took another drink. "I guess we were fortunate to not make it to Korhal, you see, our ship had a small...'problem"... The ship captain looked at the rifle aimed at him. "No need to make this difficult on any of us now." Came a voice from the woman wielding the rifle. She was tall, mean, and looked like she would tear his head off at the slightest provocation. "Aha-What do you want?!" He asked, worry crossing his face. She grinned, "Simple, I want what's in the cargo hold right now. If you can't do that well." She grinned, an air of menace around her as the rifle made a clicking sound. "Then I guess we'll just have to take your ship then." The group with her chuckled at this a moment as the ship captain gulped. Alex shook his head. He was watching this from the surveillance room, half a cup of terrible coffee and on his third coffin nail. He saw the group laugh as the captain quickly offered them access to anywhere they wanted. "Thanks for the assistance." She slammed the rifle over his head, and he slumped to the floor. "Two of you, keep an eye on him, the rest, fan out, make sure no one finds out we've been on board the ship." One of the group looked to her, "What if they resist boss?" She chuckled a moment, checking the rifle as she walked towards a ventilation shaft. "Blow their brains across the whole !@#$ing ship." Alex gulped. A soft ringing came from Alex's hip and he withdrew his fone. "This is Alex Bari how may I help you?" He paused, nodded a moment, then closed the fone. "It seems I've been asked to come into the recruitment center, seems they want to say something." He grinned and stood up, "Wish me luck!" Alex left and you finally let out a sigh of relief. Hoping he won't be back, you order another drink for yourself.evilpenguin2 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 The Crash (Part 4) YAY 4 parts. I have nothing, carry on.HowBabysRBrn500 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Do you feel tired after a few games on ladder I am asking this because i feel a bit tired after a few games on ladder. they also say that as you age, your APM should slow down a bit. I am not old, but I am approaching my mid 30s now. Is there such a thing as a "prime age" for playing video games? specially something as attention-demanding as RTS games? I used to play Diablo 1 and 2 after work with my work mates when the games just came out and we can stay for HOURS past midnight, this was around 10 years ago, but I cannot see myself having the same mental stamina as before. I am currently at diamond, I was thinking that if I was younger and my game response time was quicker maybe I can be better at this game. What do you guys think?mightyNewbie9 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Hmm, VERY new to SC2... So I was wondering, Any tips? I don't mind any race I go random, also I still haven't played online yet, feel like I should practive first, so any tips/ maybe someone to mentor? Also lookin for some cool SC2 buds to play with, atm have no one to play with D:Filthypanda33 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 The most important question... Who here reads Memes?Martiny4 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Tears of a Fallen God *The Mystery Rp* File Purged.Firebat150 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Here's a quick game... The game goes like this, It's like fill in the blank. Here's the sentence: Your__________ is like a ___________ Mine: Your face is like a bad car accident. :DDD have funDavidSavyer24 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 21, 2011 KitchenKraft Two: Forks of Liberty Utensils: The basic race of Kitchenkraft, they favor large masses of units and have mostly melee attacks. Spork: The basic builder of Tools. At T3 it can split in two to make a fork and spoon warrior. It mines 5 ingredients per cabinet field. Life: 20 Armor: 0 Damage: 5 Weaponspeed: 2 Range .5 Life Regen: 1 Cost: 50 T1: Fork: The first tech warrior of Utensils. It has a fast melee attack and can later be evolved into knife. Life: 35 Armor: 0 Damage: 2 Range: Melee Weaponspeed: .3 Life Regen: 2 Cost:75 Spoon: The secondary tech warrior. It catapults hot soup at it's enemies. It can later be evolved into a serving spoon. Life: 50 Armor: 1 Damage: 20 Range: 4 Weaponspeed: 4 (Upgrade allows it to be 2 late game.) Life Regen: 0 Cost: 50/25 Knife: The strongest T1 warrior that is evolved from a Fork for 50 minerals 50 gas. Life: 80 Armor: 2 Damage: 4 Range: melee Weaponspeed: .2 Life Regen: 2 Cost (Overall): 125/50 T2: Pepper Shaker: The first air unit in the Utensil arsenal, it flies over creating large splash low damage. It also slows all movement. Life: 50 Armor: 1 Damage: 10 Range: Under Weaponspeed: 1 Life Regen: 2 Cost: 80/80 Salt Shaker: The secondary unit, mostly used to disable other air units while Spoons take them out. Every grain it shoots blinds the enemy fighter allowing it only to shoot one range. Life: 50 Armor: 1 Damage: 5 (Plus Acid Burn which lasts for 5 seconds dealing 1 damage per second and Blind. Does not stack.) Range: 4 Weaponspeed .9 Life Regen: 2 Cost: 40/120 Microwave: A large deployable unit that burns any unit that comes in contact with it. After 10 seconds it shuts down then has to restart. Life: 200 Armor: 3 Damage: 5 Weaponspeed .2 Range: 1 (all around) Life Regen: 0 Cost: 100/100 Toaster a large mobile turret that shoots burning hot toast. Life: 100 Armor: 2 Damage: 80 (Costs 50 ingredients per shot.) Weaponspeed: 1 (Depends on how many shots are stored) Range: 8 Life Regen: 0 Cost: 125/125 T3: Rolling Pin: A suicide unit that is called down by a Spork, it does huge splash and stuns all surviving units. Life: Invulnerable, Once called down cannot be stopped. Armor: Invulnerable Damage: 300 Weaponspeed: Instant (Only one per calldown.) Range: 5 from calling down Spork. Life Regen: Invulnerable Cost: 200/100 Serving Spoon: An evolution from the Spoon, this huge beast gives up its ranged attack, but gains a spell and huge melee attack. Life: 200 Armor: 2 Damage: 45 Weaponspeed: 1.8 Range: 1 Life Regen: 2 Spell: Boiling; It costs 100 spices to cast, but once casted, it creates a huge impassible river of boiling hot liquid, good for holding ramps. Lasts 15 seconds. Any unit that walks into it takes 10 damage per .1 second. Cannot be casted on units. Cost (Overall): 150/125 Oven: The ultimate weapon of war. This flying hulk spits flames at air units and throws heated forks at ground units, these forks die after 5 seconds though. Life: 400 Armor: 4 Damage (V Air): 10 Weaponspeed: 1 Range: 5 V Ground: It launches reguler forks, but due to the heat of the oven, the do plus two damage. Range: 5 Spell: Rad blast. In the dearest of times, this unit overloads, killing itself, but in a radius of 10, it instantly kills all units, friendly or enemy. Cost: 500/500 Lore: In the Third Brocoli Dynasty, when the cuisines were just about to lose to the Vegg, from a hundreds of Paper Bags came pouring the Utensils. They saved the cuisines, burning the Brocoli Dynasty, but in the process, burning many cuisine. The cuisine waged war on the unknowing utensils, and so the still fight now. Ever since the Cuisine Rain of '82, the Utensils have been in mass, when they were cloned to stop the Colliflower Dynasty. The Utensils have the least kitchens, but most likely the most people. Characters: Dug'in Phorc: He led the war to stop the third Vegg dynasty, but was killed in action, he is remembered as the most fearless leader of all, fighting hordes of Vegg with nothing but a few forks, spoons, a Pepper shaker and two microwaves. Spat'oula: The first of his kind, he is of a new breed of Utensil, a spatula. He is currently the only one, but there are rumored to be more. His whereabouts are unknown, but he is said to live on the outer Fridge worlds, helping hundreds of endangered utensils. Furi' Spou'hce: The current leader of the Utensil army. He is decorated greatly and is currently leading a campaign agianst a Vegg dynasty... a new, Vegg dynasty.Roboto17 Dec 21, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 EPIC RAP BATTLES OF SC2!!!! Disclaimer - Starcraft 2 is the sole property of Blizzard Entertainment and it's owners. I in no way claim ownership of any of these characters. Also people featured in this thread are put in a joking manner and is not to be taken seriously, I just thought this would be funny. If you cannot take a joke and/or are offended easily this thread is not for you. EPIC RAP BATTLES OF STARCRAFT TWOOOOOO!!!!! CHRIS.METZEN!! http://images.eurogamer.net/2011/articles//a/1/4/1/2/7/7/5/a_med_Chris_Metzen_Blizzard.jpg.jpg VS. ZERATUUUUUUUL!!! http://images.wikia.com/starcraft/images/8/87/Zeratul_SC1_Cncpt1.jpg BEGIN!!! Chris - Oh look, my my creation decide to rebel I'll make this quick I got a story to tell You better watch what you do, and say as well Or you'll go the way of Nova, developmental HELL! Zeratul- So your the one who wrote this !@#$ You just copy pasted Warcraft 3 you %^-*! This cheesy dialogue, makes me want to hurl And how the @#$% is the story about a boy, and a girl?! C- Hey Zeratul, what do you think of the new script? I'm giving you a mouth so you can suck my !@#* your just a tool, to progress the tale, you have as much depth, as Chip and Dale! Z- Chris, we all know your a Knaack fanboy Hell! You're probably his boy toy! I bet you'll put Rhonin in, just for laughs And if you do, you'll suck my Dragon Lance! WHO WON!!!??? WHOS NEXT!!!??? EPIC RAP BATTLES OF SC2!!!!!!!!!!!!! With 5 votes this will be posted in general discussion. iMoDoomerX11 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 I'm currently dating a girl... and I really like her. We went on our first date last Saturday and it looks like we're going to have a really nice relationship. But, we're only going to be able to see each other on Saturdays since I'm in college and she's currently working. During the week, I feel like I'm only able to do one thing, wait for Saturday to come. Thinking about the whole matter, i decided to write about it and came up with this: "I can't sleep, I can't... do anything really. Anything I do right now just seems... so distant. Does that make sense? This feeling of nothingness, of floating in the same spot and not caring... being contempt with just waiting and thinking. Thinking... thinking's about the only thing that I can do right now but... is it enough? I suppose not but, what else can I do? I don't really mind it and to be honest... it's kinda nice." Have you guys ever been in a similar situation with a girl?JorgitisPR31 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Kitchencraft For starters (seewhatididthere??), in clarification, the hero unit Waiter spawns units, but after you spawn a certain number, he gains a new ability, which allows him to drop plates, causing 50 dps to light, 60 to armor. However, it costs a lot of energy, so dont rely on it too often. IMO, the best Cuisine(race) are the Meats, because they have the amazing unit, Bacon, that just bout owns everything else. Please post your Kitchencraft ideas/games on this threadZalek19 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Infestor RP An RP about the daily life of an infestor, starting from the egg. Don't look at me, you fellas can start it off, then i'll provide feedback (Not like the high templar's). Go For it.EugeneTwo14 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 How many hours of sleep do you get each night I didnt think this was weird until i spoke with some other people about it. I usually sleep like 10-12 hours per night (I need lots of sleep). But my friends told me that is a colossal amount of time to sleep, and that sometimes they sleep for as little as 4-6 hours. So im curious if im wierd. How much sleep do u get?Ironman41 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 The Dominion (Oneshot) "GET IN THE MEDIVAC!" "NO! WE GOTTA HOLD THEM OFF!!" The Dominion numbers were rapidly dropping. The Raider's were pushing forward. "SCREW YOU! EVERY RETREAT! INTO THE MEDIVAC!" The marines loaded into the ship and lost a few more troops as bullets flew past them. "Fekkin' raiders..." "How many KIAs?" "Looks like... 7... seven more lost to those !@#$%^-s." "Fekk! That makes 23 this past week. 7 more damn letters to families." The few remaining sat in silence. Then one spoke up, "You think the rumors are true?" "What?" "You know the ones. Raynor used to be buddied up with Mengsk, Mengsk killed an entire pla- "No." "Why?" "Because, they could be listening,haven't you heard of the ReSocialization Program." "No. What is it?" "They put a microchip in your head, makes you a slave." "No way, the Military may be tough but their not animals." "What do you think happened to Lars?" "The criminal? He went to a camp or something." "Yea, I saw him a few weeks ago, the bastard offered to buy me lunch." "So?" "What do you think. They ReSocialized him." "Well if our superiors are so cruel why don't you join Raynor?" "His little 'raids' for our 'freedom' killed my nephew! He was forced to join the military and he was gunned down like a pig! Hell, the dominion and Raynor are bastards!" "Don't talk so loud." "Oh, so your the one telling me to hush?" "Look man, I doubt he gunned him down with a devilish smile laughing maniacally, he was probably caught in a crossfire or something." "..." "Fine, Simmons, what do you think." "Umm, I think I might join him." "What!" "Look, I don't got nothing to lose, not like you guys, with your families you need to provide for, so I would want to do the right thing." "Ok, well, good for you." "If wasting away on the Hyperion, dealing with a drunk rebel who think he has a cause, and shooting down your fellow man for the sake of 'freedom' is your thing. I ain't stopping you." They rode in silence until they got back to base where they received orders that they were to be sent to different posts across the sector. 1 Year Later Most of the group are dead at the hand of Raids from Raynor's men. Simmons was reported to have been killed trying to recover an Xel'Naga artifact while the base was being heavily overrun by Protoss. The Artifact however was recovered and reports are that his body was inhumanely left there.iMoDoomerX7 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Temp0 This guy is awesome even if he is only platinum. Here is his youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TempOStarcraft Also my favorite song of his: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4w7UZV3NA&feature=channel_video_title Just sub to him.Sparky0 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 18, 2011 Can Computer run the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? The following are the official minimum requirements: Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit) Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor 2GB System RAM 6GB free HDD Space Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM DirectX compatible sound card Internet access for Steam activation And the recommended requirements: Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit) Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU 4GB System RAM 6GB free HDD space DirectX 9.0c compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher). DirectX compatible sound card Internet access for Steam activation My Computer Specifications: Operating System: Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) CPU Type: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000 CPU Speed: 3.02 GHz System Memory: 3.75 GB Video Card Model: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series Video Card Memory: 529 MB Video Card Driver: aticfx32.dll Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 Hard Disk Size: 232.88 GB Hard Disk Free Space: 189.74 GB (81%) Download Speed: 1.65 kB/s (13.5 kbps) LebronJsMom7 Dec 18, 2011
Dec 18, 2011 So when summer comes around and school gets out... You guys wanna do a cloaked love reboot?iMoDoomerX30 Dec 18, 2011
Dec 17, 2011 ¯\_(";..;")_/¯ My friend made it. Scared me to death. ¯\_(";..;")_/¯ wah D:Jshore82 Dec 17, 2011
Dec 17, 2011 Hilarious Video OK, I don't know if this constitutes as spamming seeing as its not an SC2 video, but I want people to see it, so JoeyRay's seemed like the best place to go...Seriously, watch it. Guarenteed to make your day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFA-rOls8YAKalel5 Dec 17, 2011
Dec 17, 2011 Paper OP Ok so I have been playing a lot of Rock Paper Scissors latey and I think Paper if OP. How the hell does it beat Rock? My rock was 3/3 too! Please help.DrGiggles58 Dec 17, 2011
Dec 16, 2011 Any Bronies in the house? Just wondering. Drinking pony is best ponyVader2 Dec 16, 2011
Dec 16, 2011 Who else... ...Is going to find all the people that said the world was going to end in 2012 at the beginning of 2013 and laugh in their face?Kalel15 Dec 16, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 Hatching Day, Ace's RP. A new rp I am typing for Ace because he requested it, I don't know how to help him since all the other stuff has been junk and maybe if I type one up for him it will work out. Eh, worth a shot I suppose. Setting is a planet filled with lush forests. You have three race choices, terran, protoss and zerg. Terran : You are a part of the dominion military personal, you must either destroy the zerg spawning grounds or evacuate the civillians, your higher ups have currently given you the order to hold all borders while they prepare evacuations- if the strike team is unable to kill the spawning grounds in time. Protoss: You are protoss sent to purify the planet. However, your commander was in a slight debt to one of the terran generals for saving him a while back. Instead of purifying the planet, you have set up a base in attempt to aid the terrans in destroying the zerg spawning grounds. However, the general who had been so freindly to the protoss is off-planet and the dominion are getting on all of your nerves. Try to maintain an alliance with the terrans and destroy the spawning grounds before a new batch of zerg hatches. Cont-Terrorz10 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 Using Starcraft in a college essay. I'm aware that the responses here might be a tad biased, seeing as all of you are probably starcraft players. But see, this one college that I'm applying to has the essay question of "Tell us about an interest or experience you have/have had" and my mind immediately said STARCRAFT! I could easily write up to 300 words about how analytical I get when I'm watching my old replays and such, and how I watch pro games to try to better my strategy. What do you guys think?Rafterman17 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Jarge's Adventure It was early one morning. A light fog overlooked the small city of Ladegont on Uriel... The marine known as Jarge was always up early, and just around 7:00 A.M. when the guards are called to their posts, Jarge was there at six. He was resting in the bunker, messing with some cards and playing with some bullets. He heard light footsteps... He lept up from his seat and looked out the window. A large APC guarded by green marines was driving into the perimeter of the city. He picked up his radio and called for reinforcements. "Yes, I repeat, we have unidentified non - Dominion marines guarding a large APC inbound." Other End: "Roger." He held onto the mounted machine gun in the bunker waiting to be contacted back or by the unknown green marines. His hand shakily held onto it. The APC neared. One of the Marines guarding the APC held his hand. The others stopped and so did the APC. The marines got in Ranks and started to march into the city. Jarge put his finger on the trigger, holding it lightly preparing to fire. The APC's back opens and lets out a tall rather fine dressed man. He steps infront of the ranks and promptly states through a megaphone. "We are commendering this base for use of the Green nation. All guards stand down or be destroyed." Green nation... Jarge thinks to himself. You choose to open fire. Bullets fly as you are able to knock off three marines in suprise. They open fire. Your friends run in and open fire with you. You hear a loud explosion. Next to you, the bunker full of six marines, blows up, killing all the marines. You look out and see 4 marauders, they must have come from the APC. 2 more APCs come over the hill loaded to the brim with marines, and you're being overrun. Your bunker explodes, you being the only survivor. A green marine walks up too you and knocks you out. You wake up, inside a APC with 8 guards. From the barred city you see all the civilians being lined up and stuff being spray painted green. They took the city, and you. So, you have 5 choices. A. Sit back. You can't win. B. Try to trick one of the guards and steal his weapon. C. Go Rambo and try to punch out the 6 guards and driver. D. Call for backup with the secret Comms installed in your ear. E. Try to break open the windows.Roboto20 Dec 14, 2011