Joeyray's Bar

Aug 15, 2014 Objective: Survive Reboot PRP This is sorta an honoring of a decent RP that both Mark and I were in last year started by BcAce. Here's a link to the original: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6369047855#1 System: Sarcarion Planet: Unknown Location: Unknown Time: 0400 Hours Shipboard Objective: Find The Distress Beacon Sent By The A.A.S. Ship Eternal "Hello, I am Dropship XZY700091253's, or Zeus' Wrath's, AI, but you may refer to me as Maria. At 1600 hours shipboard time on the A.A.S Ship Guardian, a distress beacon was detected on an unknown planet in the Sarcarion System. Your mission is to find the source of the distress beacon and secure it for pick up by Dropship BRI8000498375. You will-" Maria's voice cuts out as the pilot can suddenly be heard cussing rampantly and seen fighting with the controls, attempting to level the ship. Something had forced the ships into a 90 degree drop and could now be seen heading straight for the ground. As the ground slowly grows closer, the power in the ship slowly begins to fade, indicated by the sudden flicker and then failure of the lights in the passenger compartment. The last thing you see before the world goes dark is the pilot hit his eject button. Character Options: Marine: Equipped with a full suit of CMC-300 or 400 armor and the new C-15 Staker, which has a 2 spike burst with a fire rate of 120 gauss spikes every five seconds. Assassin: Equipped with AMY-200 Survival/Infiltration armor and the Crucifix Sniper Rifle, which is equipped with a thermal scope, armor piercing rounds, and the new Heavy Spike round, which can tear through a line of Roaches with little issue. Grenadier: Equipped with full explosive and acid proof suit of CMC-600 armor, Death Dealer grenade launcher, Rocket launcher, Frag grenades and Acid grenades created from studying banelings. Fencer: Equipped with XMR-100 CQC armor and melee weapon of their choice Custom: Your own character, must have: Armor, A weapon, and description of the weapon. Cannot have: OP Armor, more than one weapon (Except dual pistols and such are allowed), an OP weapon, and a machine. I don't care if it's Terran, Protoss, or Zerg. Registration Form: Name: Age: Class: Weapon(If custom): Armor Description (If Custom): Gender: Personality: Physical Description: Backstory: Notes: All applications must contain a character name, age, description and back story. Custom characters also require armor description.Zarkun80 Aug 15, 2014
Aug 12, 2014 The Shattered (OpenRP) Background The Shattered Private Military Group is hired by the Moebius Foundation to find and infiltrate a Dominion Research facility. The facility contains research on Protoss, Zerg, and humans alike. Possible reports of [DATA EXPUNGED] as well. The team’s main objective is to land in the desert of the planet, dubbed Euclid III, away from any sensors or outposts. The facility is heavily guarded from the perimeter itself, but scattered along the jungle and some parts of the desert are outposts, that function as full fledged bases, able to create quick response forces, and dispatch Kill-Teams quickly at one sign of trouble. The team will have to rely on stealth, and fast-hard attacks to infiltrate the facility without being overrun by the Dominion. The task is not impossible, but it will be hard. The team will be dispatched vehicles and equipment as needed. Briefing “Alright, Shards, this is your mission.” The burly commander points at a holographic globe of Euclid III. The globe rotates to the desert portion of the planet, the dead center to be exact. “This will be your designated landing point, here you will have a mobile operations center, also known as the MOC-9 Command Ship.” The hologram changes the schematics of the ship. (for a visual reference, here’s this: http://www.deviantart.com/art/SC-8-Platypus-cargo-ship-359703407) "This ship functions as a cargo ship, command center, and an attack vessel. This is a new prototype piece of equipment, so if you lose it, well, you won’t be leaving that planet. Anyhow, this is how you will keep in contact with us, store any spoils of war, and essentially carry out your mission.” The Hologram changes back to the planet, now marked with x’s scattered along the surface (mostly concentrated in the jungle area, very few in the desert) and one big circle in a dense, mountainous area of the jungle. “Your mission, is to infiltrate the main facility, get any intel, specimens, or whatever, and bring it to the Moebius Foundation without compromising us, or the client. Or dying, but that's a given. I will warn you. These x’s are outposts, most are capable of creating quick response forces to aid one another, nearly all have Kill-Teams housed inside. You’ll have to disable comms, obliterate them before they know what’s going on, or kill em’ in their sleep, but that last one probably won’t work. The jest is you do not want to have to deal with the kill teams, but take note, some are housed inside the outposts. Those teams normally have Ghosts, elite Marines and Marauders, and Combat Medics. Those medics are trained to kill you by the way. And I mean, murder you but anyways, you all should be able to do this right? Right. Any questions, you can ask the intelligence department about, because this is all the intel they gave me. One more thing, you'll all be dressed as Raiders, or wear their emblem in some form or manor. Dismissed!” Details: The jest of the background of this roleplay is you are an elite team of Mercenaries. You have been a team for a while (unless you decide to be newbie to the team and/or the organization) so you should all be comfortable with one another and understand eachothers' strengths and weaknesses and tactics etc. You will be landing on the planet Euclid III, specifically in the middle of the barren half of the planet. Your team will need to destroy outposts to acquire resources, better gear and overall control of the planet. You will periodically receive Your ship is your mobile command center, if it is destroyed, the mission will be much harder, but not impossible. You will be fighting armies made on the dot so stealth is a good factor here, dodging kill teams and overall nearly constantly fighting with few days of rest in between long periods of fighting. This RP utilizes a dice system. Depending on your characters abilities, gear and the environment will depend on how many dice is rolled, the more rolled, the more chance in your favor. However, if you are a CQC expert, using a sniper rifle, expect results to not be in your favor. This system will be used primarily for environmental events and chances for loot. Only sometimes for major battles. Link to PRP: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12878378227Korozain153 Aug 12, 2014
Aug 11, 2014 My Galatic Conquest I finally made it to Elite!!!!!! I am so happy lol http://oi59.tinypic.com/2rh1mrr.jpg I have struggled so long and so hard to reach this accomplishment, I can now say I have reached Elite status ( at least versus the A.I ) I have reached Diamond 1vs1 on League but this A.I has proved a far superior opponent, I think now I will relax and enjoy myself an ice cold beer at Joeyray's :)xLilypadx2 Aug 11, 2014
Aug 8, 2014 The Phantom Files “Older men declare war. But it is youth that must fight and die.” ― Herbert Hoover "Standby for landing," came the pilot's voice, echoing from the PA. The children were quite unhappy in their bouncing seats; their minds focused upon their memories. Be the memories about their separation or some other event, none of it was able to be pleasant with the constant reminder of where they were going. They were going to school. Not just any school, though. A school that is the definition of hell to young children. Hardens them from varying personalities to a single, cold killing machine. Harnessing their gifts for the 'benefit' of mankind. Very few of them understood this was what was happening, and those that did, they were damn near in tears. One older girl even began bawling for what she knew; which caused a domino effect that caused the younger kids to begin crying. The shaking stopped as the large ship touched its belly down. Slowly its ramp lowered, and its guards unbelted. It was a good thing everyone was wearing a psi-screen on the ships, otherwise the telepathic energy would have been overwhelming to all in range; sadness, regret, hatred, and the lack of hope would have forced the guards to their knees. Perhaps even cause suicidal thoughts to run rampant. The four guards had unbuckled the eight children that travelled with them with haste, as the ship was already behind schedule. There was no 'sorrys', nor any gentleness. These men, each with minds as solid as rock, and biceps twice as strong, shoved the children along. They moved along quick enough they didn't get to be able to observe the scenery; not like there was any. It was all smooth white walls, likely made of marble to give a blank and sterile appearance, yet still look nice. As the guards learned their first day of transportation, these walls were also very good at reverberating the sounds of sobbing as well. A door slid open slowly, as if to build suspense, to reveal the next room. The boy at the very front, eyes red and puffy from his sobs of torment, could catch a glimpse of the last child from the previous group leaving. The group they should have arrived alongside. As the eight children went in, guards holding back at the door, one visibly shaking through his light armour. It nearly sent those who noticed into a panic. Soon after they saw the reason, and he wasn't scary. Not yet. A middle-aged man with a lithe build stepped out from the shadows, staring at the guards with a piercing gaze. "S-sir, we underwent some trouble w-with one of the children," said the shivering guard. He must have been the captain, which made it seem odd to the little ones that he was scared; being captain means you are tough! This man had good reason. Captains who upset the headmaster were often times punished. Harshly. The unwavering gaze kept steady, slitting ever so slightly as the captain felt a growing pressure inside his head. Soon this whole glare disappeared, the force relieved. With a warm and welcoming smile, the headmaster looked over his new students. The last part of the fifth in the long line of his graduates. Although hidden, he was sizing each one up, trying to find out who would survive through it all, who would succeed, and who wouldn't. "Welcome to Ursa, students. You all are here because you have a very special gift. One of great power, and we are here to help you control it. However, because of your gift you also have a great responsibility. When you graduate this school in four years, you will be working for the Dominion military, in order to better mankinds tomorrow. I am your headmaster, or principal if you will, Thomas Jennin," the man says, his voice full of warmness. "If you will, follow Corporal Ken Todds for your assignment of rooms. He will also retrieve you from your rooms once we are ready to help you to take your first step into controlling your ever so grand gift!" As Ken gathered up the group and lead them down a hallway, allowing them to talk amongst themselves as he did so, they could hear a faint order from their new director, "Sergeant Harris, please report to my office," it was a voice ever so innocent, with sinister intent. They all could hear Ken gulp.ShadowFury189 Aug 8, 2014
Aug 7, 2014 Day Infested V "Well we may have to if this keeps up." Anton calls from his seat next to kain. "Sir we need to hope the Umojans get here soon." "You are right Anton. Anything else to report from anyone?" Kain asksSteelwolf499 Aug 7, 2014
Aug 2, 2014 From the planet of Azeroth if you like http://youtu.be/F2eabfDIlz8?list=UUk-QSDbwzOYPTams1ELATkg This is a freshly made wow RP video, hope you guys follow the upcoming one. Our Roleplaying community needs some support.Caw0 Aug 2, 2014
Aug 2, 2014 The Lost Articles PROJECT GUTTERHULK Location : At a secret high orbit Terran research facility near Braxis. SPOILER LOGS :- Magnus :- Greetings. Welcome to the Imperial Science Vessel, a designated research platform dedicated for the most demanding researches. I am Magnus Evans, the designated Head of this project, and I would like to extend a warm welcome to all members of this Project. Dr. Norris :- Norris here. Reporting for duty. Magnus :- Ah, Norris. It was a long time since we last met. You haven't changed much since then. Dr. Norris :- Well, hopefully as you said. Really looking forward to the research prospects this project is offering. Sometime later, Dr. Norris :- I do not understand why the Kel Morian confederate assign us to this freezing planet. Greg :- Me neither. My assumption is that a rebel called Arcturus Mengsk from The Sons Of Korhal plans to overthrow the government? There must be some plot here but what I do not understand is why involve people like us? Greg :- Also, the freezing conditions greatly reduce our experimental chances. We need a fusion reactor the equivalence of half a battlecruiser's reactor to conduct our energy-consuming experiments plus nullifying the freezing effects. Moments later, Magnus : To start with, to associate myself, I am the Defense Analyst from the Ministry of Defense. Of late, there have been rampant battlecruiser wreckages and losses caused by unknown fighter jets emitting a strange photon energy. The images of these fighter jets are as follow :- Stanley : These jets are absurd. We have never seen one of these. Greg : Or it could be an experimental prototype created by one of the sophisticated labs. Magnus :- I suggest you refer to the Procyon lab. We have ransacked and studied all their prototype fighter jets but so far, there isn't any data or evidence to prove their guilt. Stanley :- Ot it could be a remote lab somewhere in deep space secretly developing such prototype fighters. Magnus :- That brought us to the purpose of this meeting, and each of you have been hired to develop the countermeasures for these traitors. A bounty will be rewarded and their names will be encarved on the Prestigious Tarsonis Grand Hall of Fame for those who have developed the best countermeasures against those traitors, and for the start, we will begin with a brainstorming session on how to void off such mysterious photon energy. Dr. Norris have just broken his silence. Norris :- I suppose you mean the coherent scattering effect and Compton scattering effect that were founded through X-rays observations. These effects deflect photon energy through a free electron state ( free in this sense where this additional electron is bound to discharge itself from its ionic state ) interaction whereby the deflected photon energy becomes scattered radiation and there is a kinetic recoil to the electron itself. Magnus :- Very well, Dr. Norris. Please proceed with these scattering effects as you suggest? Norris :- But there is a price here. To bring photonic-electron interaction into success means there must be an element of control over the electron. We need a detailed and vigorous study on how electrons can be controlled, specifically by matters. Magnus :- By all means. Greg :- But first, Minister, we need a reactor. Magnus :- Your request is granted. Some time later, after various experiments with universal matters. Dr. Norris :- A certain X-Alpha quark matter is found to interact with an electron. Greg :- Explain X? Dr. Norris :- It is a certain matter classification of the Alpha-matter family. Mass Size : 1/10 of an electron mass. Charge : +0.1358. Spin : Non-linear 5/8 or 3/8 Spin ( A deviation in the 1/2-spin dynamics that obey the rule of quantum mechanics for fermions ). Therefore, this matter is classified as a Skyrmion. It generally follows a differential or non-linear equation Spin of 5/8 or 3/8 in an infinite square well potential. Greg :- This is an important discovery, doc. Will catch up with you soon. At a brainstorming session later ..... Norris : After various attempts and years of experimental failures, I have discovered a new matter that interact with an electron. Stanley : And how does that bring to light? Norris : Now, I'am suggesting that this new Alpha matter classified as X in one way or another be brought under a specific methodology for interaction with an electron, and including photonic-electron interaction. Something practical in usage. Stanley : In other words, killing two birds with a stone? Norris : Practically. Stanley : In other words, an extrapolating effect from a source which affects quark-electron and photon-electron interaction. There is only one source I could think of. Harold : What is it? Magnus : Cool down, Harold. Let the qualified researchers explain. Stanley : An extrapolating beam. Harold : That's cool. I haven't for once thought of it. Magnus : Again, Harold? Don't jump in the boat. You only got here by chance and leniancy. Harold : Ok. I won't utter a single word. Greg : I guess that's the only thing that makes sense. Magnus : Now, assuming the extrapolating beam takes into effect, how are we going to deploy such principle in defending the battlecruisers? Any suggestions, Keith or Dr. Narud? Both of you have been very quiet since your arrival. Keith : I have no objection, sir. pretty much agreed to everything. Narud : If the main objective is clear and there are no objections, then there is a clear indication we are in the right direction. Magnus : Yes, the objective is clear, but I'am asking for suggestions. The discussion went on for hours, until finally..... Magnus : All the discussions here come to a mutual conclusion, that the battlecruiser should be encircled in a matrix of drone-beam emitter to defend it against the photons. Now is the question of cost. What is the most cost-efficient solution for combustion propulsion for drones maneuvre? Stanley : By synthetically manufactured fuel for propulsion? Harold : Wait. What about electromagnetic induction? Magnus : Harold, one more suggestion and you are out of here! Stanley : Wait, he may be right though. It may be more cost-effective over the long term by means of induction. Magnus : I cannot think of a more lucky fella here. Alright then, proceed to drone design and operation. I will call in more engineers to get this done quickly. We will dismiss here. Moments later, Greg : Something about Dr. Narud and Keith, both of them are strangely quiet. Norris : Probably they are both worried about other personal matters? Greg : But that shouldn't be an excuse here. I personally don't blame Dr. Narud though as he is the Assistant Head, but the Keith guy does seemed to be really bogged down by something. Norris : I will talk to him in a private discussion. Norris froze upon hearing an official announcement. Magnus : Greetings, dear esteemed colleagues. It is of my displeasure to announce the resignation and departure of Dr. Keith. Amid speculations of his resignation, I hereby announced that his departure is due to some undisclosed personal matters. His position will be overtaken by Dr. Alice Springs, a distinguished nuclear physicist from the Tarsonis University. Many months later, Magnus : What are the drones state of progress, Dr. Stanley? Stanley : Great. With the adaptation of the Skyrmion matter as discovered by Dr. Norris, we have been able to reduce the bulk of electrical instrumentations by about 20%. Magnus : In other words? Stanley : Which means the skyrmion matters aid to the field of spintronics whereby the spin degree of freedom of electrons instead of, or in addition to - the charge of electrons for device functionality. Additionally, devices such as Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR) are required for passing spin-polarised current in metals. Magnus : And about the development of the beam projectors? Stanley : I am adding the rotary flexibility of the projectors with servo motors coupled with advanced controllers. Magnus : To get to the point, how do we control the electron orbiting paths in a quantum manner? Norris : The numbers here should do the trick. While it is impossible to control the electron orbiting path with a single projector due to various factors, it is possible by manipulating the beam with a number of projectors. In simple terms, sharing the beam with a number of projectors. Imagine the extent of beam manipulation if we have tens of thousands of these projectors? Stanley : To add to the point, each beam consists of hundreds of minute beams, where a group of these minute beams share plates which are controlled by means of inward retraction ( where plates of opposing charges create an attractive force ), outward retraction ( where plates of the same charges a repulsive force ), or interchangeable positively or negatively charged plates through advanced switches. All the above mentioned changes or alter the beams' deflection path. Additionally, these beams could also be amplified through various amplification devices. And finally, through programmed advanced extrapolation analysis, each minute beam is calculated to enhance quark and free electron interaction ( whether they are the electron's velocity ( speed and direction ), beam deflection to extrapolate interacting points or amplification which increases the momentum between or including quarks and free electrons, and etc. To be contined.....William9 Aug 2, 2014
Jul 30, 2014 The Challenges of Starcraft http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/2ahmzj/the_challenges_of_starcraft/ Article on Reddit worth a read :D! So the first day I saw SC1 was when I was pretty young, I looked at it as a masterpiece of challenges. I was super excited to pick my race. I told myself "Ill look at every race and pick" Started with protoss, quickly passed over the noble space aliens onto zerg. I loved zerg, I practically picked it before going onto the meching terran. I started some of my first games and played my heart out. I got pretty good with the swarm. I was excited and waiting for SC2 for many years. I finally seen the spoiler for sc2 i dont know how many years later. I watched banelings rolling over the ground into terran units. I watched colossus poor over the cliffs shooting its epic laser beam at zerglings swarming below. I was super excited. I started playing with the attitude " I want to win, I want to be one of the best" To no ones surprise I quickly lost many games verse my ladder opponents. I didn't give up, i kept going, I pushed more and more. I soon started realizing that I wasnt winning my games at all, I swapped a few races to see if I felt the style of another race better. I ended up playing the humans, the terran. Watching Polt, watching Bomber with the tri medivac harass. Watching there hands flow across the keyboard like a professional piano player. I thought about my piano skills, my blues. I thought to myself "I can do that" I started playing Terran, I quickly realized that I had to be very careful with my squishy high dps units. I would look back at my base quickly to check my building placement only to realize banelings have connected with my bio. I was playing comfortable game against my protoss opponent only to realize that 10 stalkers are in the back of my base... somehow... they got there and now im losing. Why am I losing... what am I doing wrong... I thought to myself. I pushed on, I started picking up builds and strategy , I started watching the amazing casters Rotti, Day9, Nathanias, Bitters and more! I was intrigued , I was taken in with the hype. This isn't League of Legends.. heck this isn't even Dota .... This is !@#$ing Starcraft! My current rank is gold, and I am not happy, I will keep pushing, I will keep playing. The reason why is because it is challenging, because it is hard, because it is strategy, because I am a starcraft player! So I ask you, Why do you play starcraft!? I love the ESL , I love Team liquid, I love the casters, but most of all... I love the thrill that is Starcraft. Much love! A starcraft player.waflz1 Jul 30, 2014
Jul 30, 2014 Operation Nightfall A distress signal originated from the Omega sector was discovered. The vessel responsible for the signature was the battlecrusier, Eridanus, which has been out of contact for several weeks now. Eridanus' mission was to assert Dominion supremacy over the contested space claimed by the Protoss. Thanks to the distress signal, it is safe to say that the mission was a failure. Nonetheless, it is crucial to learn what has happened during the weeks it has been out of contact with us and why there is a distress signal now. As part of a 150 man operation, you will investigate the Eridanus, secure any valuables and survivors, and learn what has transpired. Once the Eridanus is determined to be safe, your mission is complete. ================================================================================= 1. Each fire team consists of 5 members, meaning that there are 24 fire teams in total. The remaining 10 members consists of Ghost operatives 2. Your call sign will be Alpha-... 3. No die system in place. 4. No psionics available to players. Notes about the Eridanus: At the time of its deployment, 4563 personnel boarded the Eridanus. It was accompanied by 3 destroyer class ships and a fleet of fighter class ships. The total personnel within the fleet was 7752. Preliminary probes have determined the location of the Eridanus. The battlecruiser is intact, though there are signs of burnt neosteel all around its armor. What is left of the other ships is unknown as they are not with the Eridanus. =================================================================================Animus14 Jul 30, 2014
Jul 30, 2014 An SCV and a marine walk into a bar... Like so many other tales, this tale starts with Phil, a young SCV operator, walking into a bar. This bar, identical to any other campaign headquarters bar, is the place where marines, technicians and pilots drown their sorrows and try to forget the horrors of their daily lives. The bar is nearly empty. In a table on a dark corner a man with the body build of a soldier, full of marks and scars, fell asleep over the table. Behind the counter the barman clumsily washes a glass. Phil notices that the barman has two noisy robotic arms, and then sits next to the only client at the counter, a marine who is looking to the empty space while he drains his glass. Phil calls the barman in a loud voice so that everybody can hear. “Barman, repeat the dose to my friend here at the counter and to our colleague at the back. This round is on me!” The barman smiles while he places two glasses on the counter, one in front of the young SCV operator and the other in front of the marine, and starts serving the contents of a bottle. The liquid is viscous, with a phosphorescent green color. When he is about to serve Phil’s glass, Phil smiles, placing his hand over the glass, and says: “I will have just a drop-cola, thanks. I don’t want to arrive drunk at my first day of service.” While the barman walks to the back of the bar to bring an extra dose to the sleeping soldier, the marine next to Phil raises his glass and slightly nods his head, in a discrete acknowledgement of the generosity of the newly arrived. With a naive enthusiasm typical of the young, Phil starts a conversation with the soldier. “My name is Phil. I just graduated from the Technical Academy of Augustograd and today is my first working day on the field as an SCV operator”. The marine drinks in a single gulp the green substance from his glass and shows a smile full of rotten, yellow teeth while he answers. “My battle name is Wright, though you will have a hard time trying to find me in battle.” “I am so excited about everything. I found out that being an SCV operator is my true vocation and I am dying to help on the war effort.” Soldier Wright makes a gesture to the barman to fill his glass again, while keeping to smile at Phil. “Are you sure you don’t want a shot? This is what helps me to survive another day out there.” “No, thank you. An SCV is an expensive machine and demands a great responsibility from the operator. I can’t operate under the influence of alcohol.” “Ok, that’s your loss”, soldier Wright answers while raising a small biscuit from a jar. “Barman, gimme some butter for my biscuit.” While the barman spreads some blue paste of synthetic butter on the biscuit, Phil starts talking again. “What are you drinking? Is it some sort of lemon or peppermint liquor?” “Ha, we haven’t seen a lemon in Char for months. The trip is too long and expensive to waste with the transportation of anything that can make the life of the soldier any more bearable. You will learn that, in campaigns such as this, we are ‘encouraged’ to use any locally available resources in creative ways. For example, this drink is called ‘Baneling Bust’ and is a strong distilled beverage made from baneling poison. Way better than the vespene vodka, if you ask my opinion. Phil drinks from his drop-cola and continues with his endless babbling. “On the briefing I was told our mission is to end the zerg infestation in Char. I admire the courage you soldiers have to face these abominable creatures.” “It isn’t courage, it is stupidity. My only consolation is that, though here the life expectancy of a soldier is really low, an SCV’s is lower yet.” Phil’s smile fades for a moment. “What do you mean?" “These are dirty wars. Yes, it is the soldier who pulls the trigger, but it is the SCVs that keep the war machine turning, if you get what I mean. The zerg and the protoss learnt that a long time ago, that is why they always go for the SCVs first.” Phil looks horrified. Soldier Wrights keeps on. “The barman used to be an SCV operator before coming to take care of the bar after a forced retirement. His arms where ripped off during a stealth attack from the Dark Templars. Have you ever heard of them?" Phil shakes his head. “They are some freakin’ religion fanatics from the protoss. The bastards are invisible to the naked eye and slaughtered the barman’s team while they where gathering minerals.” Phil looks at the barman’s horrible mechanical protheses. “I’m not finished yet. The barman’s legs were torn off during a roach attack. I don’t know if they taught you on the academy that the roaches can move buried in the ground as if they were swimming in water. The barman managed to hide while the roaches finished devouring his legs and slaughtering the rest of his team. Phil looks down as if a roach was about to appear from the ground. “Last but not least, his throat and half his face where severely burned during a raid of that stinkin’ Raynor rebels. They keep doing those raids to delay Emperor Mengsk’s military operations. Have you ever heard of the ‘Hell Drops’?” “Uh, no.” “Don't you worry, you will learn about them very soon. As you are going to learn that widow mines create widows on both sides of the battle.” Phil can’t control his body, which starts to shake violently. “But, how can you survive to so many dangers?”, asks Phil. “You have to face the facts and admit that, in a war such as this, you either become a hero or you survive. In the real world the life expectancy of a soldier is five days. I stayed alive for so long because, how may I put this, I have sort of a fragile constitution and I am always recovering on a medivac.” While saying this, soldier Wright drinks another shot and discretely winks at Phil. “I have a pilot friend that always manages to avoid offensive missions. We have had a long lasting partnership.” While Phil reflects upon what he has just learned and feels his expectations breaking apart, a soldier in his combat armour enters the bar. Soldier Wright waves to him and exclaims: “Howdy, Hank! This round is on my new friend Phil!” ...continues in http://patineteavela.blogspot.com.br/2014/07/an-scv-and-marine-walk-into-bar.htmlKalmanAvngr0 Jul 30, 2014
Jul 29, 2014 Project Gutterhulk recruiting Any members interested in this Project? Purpose of this Project :- To study Protoss technology and to counter them. Location : At a secret Imperial science vessel at high orbit over the planet Braxis. Reference : You can refer to The Loss Of A Scientist thread. Field of this Project :- 1. Deflection of Photon energy through Compton scattering effect. Objective : To prevent Protoss air fighters or ground stationary Photon cannons from inflicting deadly photon charges to Battlecruiser fleet. 2. Space-Time Distortion Objective : To delay Protoss warps whenever possible though inflicting a powerful energy blast. Other Fields :- Please suggest. ( Must be scientifically sound ). Current Members :- Head of Project :- Dr.___________ ( Please suggest ). Must be a Kel Morian Confederate affiliate and highly educated. Dr. Norris - Quantum Physicist (PhD) + Nuclear science (PhD) Greg ( refused the honorary doctor title ) - Quantum Physicist + Head Engineer Harold - Junior Engineer (Masters - Mechatronics) Dr. Keith - Nuclear science (PhD) Dr. Stanley - Nuclear science (PhD) + Associate Head Engineer ( PhD - Robotics Engineering ) Dr. Emil Narud - A respected honorary doctorate in ___________ (Please suggest) + Protoss Archeology (PhD). Or probably the Head of Project? Recruiting New Members :- 1. Expert in Protoss Archeology and artifacts ( Anybody interested? ) 2. Security Personnel ( Preferably a Ghost - Anybody interested? ) 3. Protoss Technology Experts ( Anybody interested? ) Others, please suggest. Please submit your resume if interested. Awaiting your beautiful scientific scripts and suggestions. Thank you and have a nice day.William3 Jul 29, 2014
Jul 29, 2014 The Long Voyage Home There was silence on the bridge as the warp drive powered. Between the fact of the Dominion's pursuit, the tug-of-war over the chain of command, and the loss of almost a dozen crew members, there was so much to be said that there was simply nothing to say. The silence was broken by Mike's voice. {Sir, we should be good to go. Warp drive's powered, and we ran a patch job on the hull. It needs more work, but it should hold long enough for one jump.} "Good work," Ian responded tonelessly. "Mr. Wamer, take us out of here." With any luck, the Dominion won't be able to follow us any further, he thought. It was possible that his suspicions had been unfounded. Perhaps the only way the Dominion scouts had been able to pursue was by locking onto the Viking stowaway's position. He hoped so. They could use all the luck they could get. They hadn't been sailing for a day, and already they'd suffered relatively massive casualties, including the ship's Science Officer. That was unfortunate, because it left only one person qualified for that duty. Ian frowned and shook his head. Nolan Beller had just perished in one of the most horrible ways known to man, and all he could think about was the inconvenience his replacement would cause. "All hands brace for warp, all hands brace for warp. Jumping in ten," Chris said. Ian sat back in his chair, waiting. A few seconds later, the walls groaned as the engines thrust the old ship forcefully into warp. Later. The warp jump had been significant. Dale was exhausted. Warping for several hours straight took a toll on the mind. He forced himself to remain alert, focusing on the captain's words. "Just say what you think, Mr. Jackson. I'm listening." The Chief Engineer hesitated, then cleared his throat and spoke. "We just can't warp in this condition. One time, sure. Twice? Dangerous. Twice in a row? No. Absolutely not. I hate to say it, but even I couldn't keep this ship from falling apart if you try to make another jump." "How soon can you repair the ship sufficiently?" Ian asked. "I don't think I can," Mike admitted grudgingly. "It's not the job itself," he said hastily when Ian raised an eyebrow. "I'd love to tackle to job, it's just... we can't We don't have the supplies." "So we're dead in the water," Chris said grimly. "While I'm sure we all appreciate your ancient nautical references, they're totally irrelevant in this situation." Chris and Dale each cast an angry glare at the speaker, the new Science Officer. "The situation is about a third as bad as you think, if that. Look at this," he said smugly, displaying a readout on his datapad. "I took the liberty of doing my job, an old Earth tradition that, evidently, the Koprulu Sector causes some people to forget about, and found some interesting facts. First and foremost, the fact that we are (gasp) in a solar system, one with planets! We're even orbiting one! Amazing, isn't it? More to the point, I scanned the nearest of them. Intrigued by the readings I got, I pulled everything our database has on this system. As it turns out, this solar system and in particular this planet has been scouted before. I mean, that was fairly obvious (at least to me), it's one quick jump away from Dominion space, naturally someone would have come out here sooner or later, especially with what the planet has to offer." "Dr. Carter, get to the point." Ian's tone indicated he did not enjoy dealing with the man. "I was just doing that, sir. You see, the planet we're orbiting has an abundance of rich mineral deposits and vespene geysers. My scans indicated something of the sort was true, but by looking up the information recorded by a previous expedition I was able to determine it for sure. Whatever you need for your patch job should take a matter of oh, say, five minutes to grab. To indulge myself with a reference to long-outdated technologies and practices, you're not exactly 'dead in the water,'" he said, waving his fingers in the air as exaggerated quotation marks, "when you're in a friendly port where they hand out free lumber and fuel for high-powered nuclear fusion reactors." "I don't like it," Cronus put in. "You say there was a previous expedition. If the planet's so rich, why did they leave?" Carter shrugged. "The records only touched that briefly, probably for personal reasons. There was some sort of incident with one of the colony overseers. Two wealthy Confederate families funded the expedition way back, hoping to make their fortune a bit bigger. This overseer was from one, and killed someone from the other. Big family dispute, squabble over ownership rights, planet gets abandoned. Of course, in typical Confederate style, they prohibited colonization so nobody else could reap what they sowed." "I still don't like it," Cronus repeated. "It could be dangerous down there." Rolling his eyes, Carter replied condescendingly. "Then send some of your big bad Marines down to the mining site I already picked (again; doing my job) with the SCVs, if that makes you feel better. It's just a random planet with an abandoned colony on it." Ian focused on the readouts. He had to admit, they were all in order. Carter knows what he's doing, he told himself. I don't like him, but he knows how to do his job. He made his decision. "Mr. Jackson, get a team in SCVs and ready to go. Let's make this as fast as possible. Mr. Flint, get together a minimal security tea to escort them, just in case. There may be some automated defenses still online." Dan frowned. "I'd prefer a full squad, sir. I agree with Cronus' assessment." "That won't be necessary." "Still," the man insisted, "I'd like to lead the team myself. I want everyone down there to know in advance if anything unusual is about to happen." Ian considered a moment, then nodded. "Very well. That makes sense. But remember, minimal team. We need as many people up here as possible in case of an emergency." "I'd like to bring the Firebat." Ian breathed a sigh of resignation. "Bring it, but no more than a full person team. We still have -" He hesitated, then continued, glancing slightly to his sides meaningfully. "- we still have need of security aboard this ship." Dan nodded in understanding. "Three Marines and a Firebat will be more than enough," Carter said, oblivious to the unspoken portion of the conversation. "After all, what's the worst that could happen?" The Long Voyage Home continues. Notes: Mike Jackson and Dan Flint are aboard a dropship, along with the needed equipment and their hand-selected teams. Jester and LeKroger should each select an appropriately sized team to accompany them. LeKrog can pick out three (one will pilot a Firebat instead of using standard Marine armor), while Jester's team has no specific designated size. Jester, figure out many you think you need based on the amount of guards and SCVs. Keep in mind we will be coming down in the abandoned colony. It's up to you whether or not we attempt to salvage anything. If you decide to do so, size your team appropriately. Both of you: prioritize picking player controlled characters. If you run out of those, you can formulate your own minor chars or have me create NPCs for you (if the latter, specify what kind of skills you want me to give them). Cronus is exempt from being picked for the away team. He still needs to debrief his pilots. ShadowFury has a Marine char. He doesn't seem to be participating in this. You may pick his char, LeKrog, and one of us can control him if SF doesn't. I think that's everything. Let's get this boat moving again.KnarledOne175 Jul 29, 2014
Jul 24, 2014 Grab and Go: Mission Conclus K0-0RG 1P_WRL-TAG_PRD-IMP1 - Guildship Bridge. Rktya-Makeen 14 stared at the footage streaming from the planet's surface with something akin to horror. A thousands thoughts sifted rapidly through his brain as he tried to make sense of what he was looking at. There was a brief flash of chaos, then a brief flash of blue light, then the attack squad standing there in stunned silence. He managed to regain some semblance of sanity. "Captain," he hissed. "What's going on down there? What just happened?" "I..." There was a pause. That was disturbing indeed. Nok-Choth 3 was the best of the best, a hardened warrior who never lost his composure... and he was struggling to find words. "I am afraid I am uncertain as to what has just occurred, Administrator," he said, his usual monotone restored. "The technology involved in this event is beyond my level of awareness." "Then simply give me a status report, captain." The Administrator had officially run out of patience. The captain responded instantly this time. "The target has vanished along with three members of my team. I believe some form of warp device was employed. All resistance has been eliminated. We have several civilian prisoners." "Return them to the ship for categorization." Something of this operation had to be salvaged. "Spread out your team. Find them. A warp like that couldn't have been long-range." "On the contrary," the unwanted guest said. "It was long-range. Very, very long-range. This is an interesting development." He pulled out a computing device about the size of a notebook and began tapping away at it. "Very interesting indeed. It may surprise you to hear me say this, as it's certainly surprising me to hear me say this, but you're entirely without blame in this situation. The operation went perfectly, but this has officially escalated out of your league, Mr. Riktya." He removed a cigarette from his mouth and exhaled a plume of smoke. Riktya-Makeen was speechless to the point where he wasn't even capable of complaining about the smoke. This man? Saying it wasn't his fault? Surely there was a trick here. "My employer is going to be very interested by this," the human continued. "I shall have to depart now. You may breath your sighs of relief, or whatever you bugs have that passes for sighs and relief. Any possible responsibility you could have for this failure will be punished by the loss of investment, I'm sure." Painfully true. "Inform me," the Administrator demanded. "What has happened here?" "A bit of action from a possible competitor we've been watching for awhile. Looks like we may have to look into them a bit more closely in the future. It's been a pleasure, Mr Riktya. Hopefully we won't have to meet in person ever again." The human's feet burst into flames. The orange fire rose and spread until he was gone, leaving only a faint shimmer in the air. "I share the sentiment," Riktya-Makeen hissed at the empty space where the man had just stood. "Farewell, Mr. Dragon."KnarledOne0 Jul 24, 2014
Jul 24, 2014 Mission 1: Grab and Go. The two mercenary teams were inserted into the target universe. Raven Cronus, Noctalus Dare, and Yzzrya G'nyyyr have made it to the lower levels of the Hamalian facility. The Hamalians are on full alert, and Nareld Wun is loose somewhere in the building causing excessive levels of Chaos. Seraphim Dante and Derek Walters have been separated and are working their way through the Yngols Spire to rejoin one another and complete the mission.KnarledOne160 Jul 24, 2014
Jul 24, 2014 StarCraft Unit Interview III I was bored, so have another! http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2650315826#1 First one. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6294549533#1 Second one. Interview with the characters of StarCraft, gone wrong. A StarCraft unit quote tribute. Has some language, so bear with me. Me: Come in, come in. Have a seat. Out appointment was scheduled for an hour ago, what happened? Queen of Blades: Here I come, ready or not. Me: Erm. Okay? Why were you late? Queen of Blades: The past is dead and buried. Me: What...did you hit traffic or something? QOB: Who asked you?! Me: Easy now, this is exactly what I mean. You have anger management issues. QOB: I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last. Me: Come now, there is no need for violence. We are all here to get the help we need, right people? Gabriel Tosh: Damn straight. Tychus Findlay: You can't fix stupid. Me: Tychus, there is no need to be mean here. Tychus: I'm a bad man. Gabriel: Let's just see about that. Tychus: Don't provoke me. Me: Easy fellas. We're in the company of a woman. Nova: Nova here. Me: Yes Nova, we know. T: Don't waste my time. Egon Stetmann: Take me back to the lab. It's icky here! Tychus: Let's see what this baby's got. Me: Now Tychus, there is no need for name calling. I'm sure you can both work out yo- Egon: Back off man. I'm a scientist. Me: ...back on topic. Miss queen !@#$% of the universe, why are you still trying to wipe out civilization, even though Jim saved you? SCV Pilot: "Oh, my cousin Lester saw a Zergling, once"... QOB: How stimulating. Me: Jason, please don't interrupt. Please answer the question. Peasant (from WarCraft 3): We found a witch! May we burn her? Me: How did you get in this building? I thought we told you to never come back...? -Tychus gives Peasant a wedgie- Peasant: Help, help! I'm being repressed! Me: Tychus! Put him down! Footman (WC3): It's only a flesh wound. Me: How did you get here... Thor: THOR IS HERE. Me: No...no! NO! NOT YOU! Thor: I AM HERE, CLICK ME. Me: NO! N-...click you? Tychus: It's about damn time! Me: You *KNEW* he was coming?!? Tychus: I like it. Thor: RIDE DA LIGHTNING! Me: I thought you were dead?! Thor: Sue me, dickhead. It's over you idiots! Firebat: FLAME ON! Me: Oh God...his stupidity is contagious... SCV Pilot: *looks at Kerrigan* Say...you got a reeeeeeal pretty mouth.. QOB: You pig! Me: Please, can we please try to keep order? We still have an hour left of this session, and I th- Immortal: Khala Dora. Me: What? Immortal: Mundorum malacai! Me: I don't understand. High Templar: Khassar de Templari! Me: Sure? High Templar: *smiles at me* Our minds, are as one. Me: *nervous smile back* High Templar: Ride the lightning! Thor: RIDE DA LIGHTNING! -Thor shoots and kills Tosh- Me: What the hell?!? -High Templar uses a mental attack on the SCV pilot- SCV Pilot: ...what's goin' on? Void Ray Pilot: There is no greater void than the one between your ears... SCV Pilot: Huh? -I pinch the bridge of my nose- "He's calling you stupid." SCV Pilot: My cow died last night, so I don't need your bull. -Cool Ade man entrance- Tauren Marine: COWABUNGA! Me: Oh lord... Tauren Marine: FOR THE HOR...Wait. QOB: So predictable. Tauren Marine: -checks out Kerrigan- FOR THE SWARM! QOB: You're even more desperate than I thought. Me: ...does anyone care that Tosh is dead? Yeah it's real short, but I only made this as a distraction from my paper. I got a writer's block on both, so yeah. I guess I'll play some SC and give the middle finger to my rough draft.Iri1 Jul 24, 2014
Jul 24, 2014 A New RP Thread, in the works So. Hello everyone! School is starting to come to a close, and I'm returning to see that things are falling apart, ever so slightly. So, I propose a change to the rules a little bit. I propose a new style of gameplay, of roleplay, of storytelling and of heritage. I propose a game of Shadowrun for you all. This game is incredibly wonderful, and all dice rolls and DM-ing would be managed by myself. Trust me, there would be a LOT of dice rolling involved. However, there would also be a HUGE number of things each of you would have to learn to be able to play it correctly. So, as it were, there is a rulebook for this kind of game. A rulebook for which I have a copy of, and will /loan/ to those of you who are interested in playing. The game itself is simple: You are a Shadowrunner, a mercenary trying to make a living on the streets in the Sixth World, or, as we would know it, Earth in 2075. Magic has returned to the world, and with it, Metahumanity has risen. Orks, Elves, Dwarves, and Trolls all coexist with Humans, and all live under the jurisdiction and rule of the Big Ten. They are Megacorporations which control every major market in existence, and continue to pioneer and control the majority of the wage slaves that make up the metahuman race. The Matrix serves as a world-wide information hub, and technology has allowed for many to experience this virtual reality in ways more real than the one we inhabit now, and around every corner, in every shadow, lurks a possible friend, or a fiendish foe. The new question is, do you have the guts to take to life in the shadows? DISCLAIMER: If you do decide to play, I as the DM will be aiding you if you need help at any stage in the game, however I have some expectation that you guys know the general way that things happen. Most of what you need can be found in the rulebook, but there are definitely some things that need further explaining. So. How do I get myself this rulebook? Well, just tell me you're interested, and if you guys have a deviantart account, send me your email on a note. If not, just... idk, post it here and just edit it once you get the email notifying that I've sent you the pdf? (It'll be on google drive so you guys just need to be allowed to view it {and download it}). Well, that's about it! I'm looking forward to DMing, and seeing what wacky things you guys can get into! SIDE NOTE: I'll also need to have your guys' character sheets on file, so I'll need all the priorities, attributes, skills, qualities, what you bought, lifestyle... etc. I'll make a character sheet when people start to join.SlnderBurito39 Jul 24, 2014
Jul 23, 2014 Objective: Survive Reboot (RP) System: Sarcarion Planet: Unknown Location: Unknown Time: 0400 Hours Shipboard Objective: Find The Distress Beacon Sent By The A.A.S. Ship Eternal "Hello, I am Dropship XZY700091253's, or Zeus' Wrath's, AI, but you may refer to me as Maria. At 1600 hours shipboard time on the A.A.S Ship Guardian, a distress beacon was detected on an unknown planet in the Sarcarion System. Your mission is to find the source of the distress beacon and secure it for pick up by Dropship BRI8000498375. You will-" Maria's voice cuts out as the pilot can suddenly be heard cussing rampantly and seen fighting with the controls, attempting to level the ship. Something had forced the ships into a 90 degree drop and could now be seen heading straight for the ground. As the ground slowly grows closer, the power in the ship slowly begins to fade, indicated by the sudden flicker and then failure of the lights in the passenger compartment. The last thing you see before the world goes dark is the pilot hit his eject button. Link to the original: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6369047855#1 PRP: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11042104565?page=1Zarkun84 Jul 23, 2014
Jul 19, 2014 The Official Unofficial Official RP Wiki Yep. This is my first actual contribution. It is still WIP for most of my characters (Usually if it's not finished, it's probobly mine) out of laziness and having to remember the stories I used... Anyway, the link: http://sc2-roleplay.wikia.com/wiki/SC2_Roleplay_Wikixer4 Jul 19, 2014
Jul 18, 2014 Livestream MASTER zerg www.twitch.tv/EngageePein playing zerg on MASTER LEVEL check out!Engagee0 Jul 18, 2014
Jul 18, 2014 Phantom Files (Cleaned-up Sign-up/Discussion) So, here we are again. The originally planned RP for after the "Purge", which... well, succeeded is a strong word... Anyways, here is what's going on with it: ================================================== It's 2499, and the Confederacy has just fallen. Sons of Korhal set itself up for this day, and they have become the new ruling tyranny identified as the Dominion. Your place in this universe ravaged by war and strife? An insignificant one. You are but child, taken into the Dominion Ghost Academy located on Ursa by a wrangler. Be it because your parents sold out, or you were taken by force, your place is here. And chances are you are bitter. You are referred to Spooks, and you aren't getting any special treatment just because you are Psionic or more important. No one knows, or even suspects, what's right around the corner. The UED have started their journey to this sector not too long ago, and when they get here, you will suffer through trials worse than most. For you are the next generation of Ghosts, and you are being sent through a brutal machine. Trials are dangerous and filled with failure. This story is yours, and you may have trouble with the ending. ================================================== So yeah. There will be no skill trees as initially planned (pain in the !@#, that is).You do get special abilities, such as Pyrokinesis and such, but there aren't skill tree for them. Like said up there, you are going to be the Spooks, our name (very sensible one) for Ghost trainees (so much damn easier and catchier than that, isn't it?). Just consider this as a good origin story for some Psionics. I promise, none of you will die because origin story was a main goal as this. However, if you are an idiot with your character, they will die. You send someone charging into a group of hostile Marines? You're $%^-ed. Additionally, the way Psionics work here is that you are essentially going to level up. You start at PI 5 and you gain points for obedience, which works towards them loosening controls on your Psi-inhibitor (which we've done to explain this), and lose points for disobedience. At -1 point you go down a level. Everyone starts at 0. At PI 5 you cannot go down, so that's not something to worry about. Oh, and proper punishment every time you show disobedience and such. If you wish, you can make a non-Spook, but you need a damn fine explanation for this. Here's the Character Sheet: ^Name of Yourself^ Character Name: Age: (Spooks are preferably 10-13 in order to keep one class) Occupation: (Outside of Spook, explain why they are relevant here) Physical Appearance: Personality: Special Capabilities: (Telepathy and Stealth are already included, as those are base Ghost traits, Telekinesis OR Awareness are freebees if you want one of them. You get 2 custom specialities.) Background: (can just be basic if you're a Spook, as not much has happened in your life) So yeah, that's what I can say for that. Please put up a character if you're interested. Or resend your character, just edit a little to fit this better.ShadowFury9 Jul 18, 2014
Jul 17, 2014 I've seen the first war... and BEFORE! Confederate Marine Special Forces, Alpha Squadron; A notorious Terran strike team based on Chau Sara. MISSION UPDATE: Distress signal received on the more desolate Vespene Refinery sector of Chau Sara. Alpha Squadron deploys nearest patrolling units in the area to investigate the signal originating from the Security sector of an orbiting Science Vessels. The boarding party learns way more than they had anticipated. FIRETEAM LEADER: Corporal Saffarian - CONFEDERATE CONVICT forced into military life as an alternative to death. At this point he has seen much action, and even lost his eye warring with rebel Terran factions. He and his men of Alpha Squadron have quickly learned that nothing is stable, and no mission is easier than the other. how long did this take to create: 5 months what factions are fighting: Alpha Squadron Response Team (Along with planetary Confederate Security forces) and Umoja supporting Sons of Korhal rebel faction... as well as sightings of Xenomorph activity... Just before the beginning of the first war, Confederate military planet Chau Sara recieved the first taste of what would be known by Terran as, the "Swarm". Confederate politicians were too stubborn to communicate with the other Terran power factions, and too heavy-handed to even care that Koprulu space was becoming occupied by the first of a nightmarish alien race. Full of suspicion and concern, Umoja, though on a shakey alliance with Terran Confederacy, managed to fund a great deal of technology and resources to a prominant new rebel faction known as, "Sons of Korhal. Word spread throughout the sector of Mengsk and his wild rebel soldiers saving Colonists while planetary Confederate forces focus full efforts on instillation and military sites. With a full on Sons of Korhal attack operation unfolding, the nearest patrol team of Alpha Squadron picked up emergency signals from local surveying Science Vessels, orbiting the stratesphere. Within minutes the corporal and his men are thrown into a battle that will change the course of history, and begin.... STARCRAFT *insert epic blizzard sounds* heres the trailer, follow if this interests you... if not, carry on soldier, zergs-a need killin!ChugLife0 Jul 17, 2014
Jul 14, 2014 Community presence in MT? I'm just curious as to how many people from the area (... big area I suppose) actually lurk these forums. If you're not from Montana, I enjoy a good chit chat with people regardless. Reason for asking: I've not seen a gaming event in the state ever. But there has to be SOMEONE out there right?!AltTab24 Jul 14, 2014
Jul 13, 2014 WHC RP part 2 The squad is currently in the middle of storming a simulated Dominion Stronghold so they can retrieve some 'data' from the central tower. Their final obstacle will be their CO. Can they all come together and beat her? Link to PRP: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11914021645?page=1 Link to first thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/12248665131?page=1TheLostMorph78 Jul 13, 2014
Jul 13, 2014 Darklight Chronicles PRP Redux So, this is my RP that I threw out there to replace Dark Blade. Here are the auras: Black-Strongest Auric energy and always ready for the unexpected, varied tendencies, though focus on dual sided weapons is common Red-Aggressive and quick to anger, tendency for large caliber weapons and large blades Blue-Calm and calculating and decisive, tendency towards precision weaponry Yellow- Funny and carefree, Tendency for up close and personal weapons to allow mocking of opponent Green-Wary and cautious, tendencies toward more defensive weapons You will be either a young child just on your way and starting out on your training at the top secret Project: Northern Lights academy, or a one year veteran, assigned to assist a new student. A story post will come eventually. Black requires a really good reason as to why they have the black, and must be a new student, no exceptions. I will have a slightly older character and, well, you'll see. Just a side note, training starts at age 13 and only one color tint for balance's sake. Armor is modern sets, some minor medieval sets, like leather. Kevlar that's been customized for newbies. Your powers and weapons that you get ARE affected by your aura color, so choose wisely.Zarkun11 Jul 13, 2014
Jul 10, 2014 An SCV and a marine walk into a bar... Like so many other tales, this tale starts with Phil, a young SCV operator, walking into a bar. This bar, identical to any other campaign headquarters bar, is the place where marines, technicians and pilots drown their sorrows and try to forget the horrors of their daily lives. The bar is nearly empty. In a table on a dark corner a man with the body build of a soldier, full of marks and scars, fell asleep over the table. Behind the counter the barman clumsily washes a glass. Phil notices that the barman has two noisy robotic arms, and then sits next to the only client at the counter, a marine who is looking to the empty space while he drains his glass. Phil calls the barman in a loud voice so that everybody can hear. “Barman, repeat the dose to my friend here at the counter and to our colleague at the back. This round is on me!” continues in http://patineteavela.blogspot.com.br/2014/07/an-scv-and-marine-walk-into-bar.htmlKalmanAvngr1 Jul 10, 2014
Jul 9, 2014 An SCV and a marine walk into a bar... Like so many other tales, this tale starts with Phil, a young SCV operator, walking into a bar. This bar, identical to any other campaign headquarters bar, is the place where marines, technicians and pilots drown their sorrows and try to forget the horrors of their daily lives. The bar is nearly empty. In a table on a dark corner a man with the body build of a soldier, full of marks and scars, fell asleep over the table. Behind the counter the barman clumsily washes a glass. Phil notices that the barman has two noisy robotic arms, and then sits next to the only client at the counter, a marine who is looking to the empty space while he drains his glass. Phil calls the barman in a loud voice so that everybody can hear. “Barman, repeat the dose to my friend here at the counter and to our colleague at the back. This round is on me!” continues in http://patineteavela.blogspot.com.br/2014/07/an-scv-and-marine-walk-into-bar.htmlKalmanAvngr0 Jul 9, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 UFC fighter is one of us! Can you find it? http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Bubba-BushHunter0 Jul 4, 2014
Jun 28, 2014 Looking for friends to practice with Hello everyone, I'm returning to the game after a year of inactivity. The only problem is none of my RL friends are interested in playing Starcraft with me and it gets awfully lonely just playing anonymous ladder matches. So I'm looking for new friends in the community to play practice games with me, help me get better or just screw around if that's what we feel like. I'm a silver league player but welcome players of all leagues (nothing teaches you to wise up like a solid thrashing). Player code 373 if anyone wants to drop me a line.BlueLitning18 Jun 28, 2014
Jun 20, 2014 Brave World ... King Adanos placed the letter face down and closed his eyes, exhausted. The embers of the candle flicked softly on the desk. His son, after eight very long hours, came to this world. What was to be a celebration for such an occasion was pushed to the back of his head. The letter's timing couldn't have been any worse. The King sighed. What he had long suspected was confirmed. The Coven made their plans to infiltrate Adanos. Short of an all out attack on the Coven, how would it be possible to disrupt the Coven's plan? "A strong King is loved and has the support of his subjects." he muttered. Those were the last word his father told him at his deathbed. To retain the loyalty of his subjects, to what end? The door opened and a woman, dressed is gossamer, with a sleeping baby in hand, came in. "My lord, what keeps you up this late?" she asked quietly. Adanos rested his chin on his hands, "...Helen, am I a good king?" The woman set the baby in his crib and made her way to Adanos, wrapping her hands around his neck. "Why such a question? This isn't like you to be so doubtful. You are a good husband and a good and just ruler!" King Adanos lightly grabbed Helen's hands. They were warm to touch. Helen took her arms off Adanos and made her way to the bed. "Come and sleep, it's been a tiring day for both of us. It isn't something so urgent that you have to stay up all night pondering is it? Don't neglect your health Adin." "I'm grateful you're here. You and our son." "Of course you are, who else would keep your sanity in check?" she said cheekily. King Adanos made a small laugh, stowing away the letter in his drawer and blowing out the candle before heading to bed. Tomorrow morning, he would make his decision.Animus78 Jun 20, 2014
Jun 19, 2014 IMPORTANT NOTICE. ATTENTION: ALL INDIVIDUALS WHO SIGNED UP TO WORK FOR KAY-OH! INC. SHOULD NOW REPORT TO OUR HEADQUARTERS. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/13204320319#5 YOU WILL BE GIVEN YOUR ASSIGNMENTS AFTER A BRIEF INTERVIEW. AND YOU SHOULD PROBABLY MAKE IT QUICK, SINCE ANOTHER ONE OF PLANET EMPLOYMENT'S ELECTRICAL STORMS IS CLOSING IN FAST.KnarledOne0 Jun 19, 2014
Jun 19, 2014 Return of the UED reboot (Discussion, Signup) Alright. This time I mean srs bsns guize. Original Preplanning - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6079708046 The thread - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6079610100 Part 2 (which only has a few posts) - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6521332966 I have a soft spot in my heart for this story, mainly because of how magnificent it seemed in my head. However, when transferred into writing it was no where near what I intended. I plan to change that. Originally, things seems a bit rushed, forced even. This time around I'll be taking it slow, staying in one story arc at a time. All events will transpire at least on the same planet, or any spaceship within that vicinity. No more singular stories or ride-alongs. Everyone will be actively participating in the events of the story. However, the overall scheme of things will hardly be affected by player's decisions. I do not plan for this to make character's decisions and actions meaningless. I want this to be immersive and exciting, and I may even have to change the storyline I'll have planned out if someone does something drastic enough. Right now I plan to use up an entire thread (or two) on what only took me a few pages in the first go around. We'll start off events on Earth and it's colonies, there will be little action here, but you may participate in politics and everyday life in the UED. If your character is UED, then you'll develop the majority of your backstory here. There will be little interaction with other players until the construction of the grand fleet that will be used in the invasion of the Koprulu sector. There will be several years of training and preparations. This is practically open world, you'll be free to do almost anything you want so long as you don't create your own High-lords of Earth type or World eating machines and things of that variety. Ideas and stuff go here. Who's ready?Avikon43 Jun 19, 2014
Jun 18, 2014 Obscurity (RP) The world was dark, it’s sun having died long ago. It was a place devoid of life, a shell, of what was commonly thought to have been a world much like Earth. The former solar system was made up of similar spheres of rock and dust, floating aimlessly in the vacuum of space. It was here that a large vessel searched for something extraordinary. The Galaxy’s End. Dominion Minotaur-Class Battlecruiser tasked with observing and researching the Extra-Terrestrial threats that plagued the Terrans since their arrival in the Koprulu Sector, and hoped to return with some new method of securing the Dominion’s survival. It had a crew of several thousand, and carried many more experiments. It’s crew worked tirelessly to keep the ship on it’s course throughout space, in the nationalistic search of new assets to aid in the ongoing fight with the Zerg and Protoss. Captain John Cardinal looked at the dying solar system from the bridge, distant stars seeming to look back at him. The door to the bridge opened with a hiss, light pouring in. The captain tended to keep the lights dimmed, with the exception of the monitors needed by the navigators and helmsmen to fly the ship. At times, when he was dozing off, it helped to have new light get in his eyes, so he could attend to more captainly matters. The intruder to his peaceful and relaxed bridge was none other than his Head Scientist, Dr. Albert Macross. He had a very boney, skinny frame, balding head, grayed hair, and a small beard growing on his face, his round-rimmed glasses shone in the light of the stars. The voice escaping from his lips was raspy, as if he hadn’t drunk anything in days. “Captain, we have the next status report. The subjects are in cryostasis, and will be for at least another 48 hours.” The captain nodded, sighing softly. The experiments Albert was referring to were not the kinds that he would have preferred to have heard about first thing in the morning, but as it were, it was still good news. “Great job. Tell the Science Staff that they’ll get priority at lunch today. You guys have been working hard.” Albert smiled and left the tablet he was carrying on the chair the Captain was sitting in. Kicking back, placing his feet on the panel in front of him, covered in various gauges and dials. He opened up the tabled and looked back at the Scientist, now starting to walk out. “Hey Al.” The older man turned around, raising an eyebrow. “Tell your kid to go first in line today. It’s been hard for him these past few weeks, He needs some time to relax.” The doctor’s face lit up, and he exited the Bridge. “A.I. give me a status update on Cryopods 1215-1337.” He said, listing off the numbers in the report that Albert had just left. A calm, robotic female voice came over the speakers in the back of his chair. [All Subjects Are Stable. Pods Requested Are Well Within Standard Cryopod Protocol.] John nodded, smiling. “Good. That is all.” He continued to read the report, and between the large words that took him a few minutes of searching in the tablet’s built in dictionary (thank God for technological advances), and reading the same report for every single subject, the good captain had dozed off. In his dreams, he saw his family, running away from a shapeless form, alarms going off all around him, fires and bodies surrounded him, as the wreckage that had been his home was torn apart around him. He was startled awake by alarms ringing in his ears. Looking down at the control panels below him, he looked around in shock as red lights flashed all around the bridge. “Helmsmen! What is going on here!?” Several of the crewmembers below him exchanged glances. “SIR! We’re reading something nearly off the charts in terms of energy! It’s about to hit it’s climax, and we’re not sure what’ll happen when it does!” His look was one of terror. The crewmen looked at him in panic. “Sir! What are we going to do!? Sir..! SIR!” He blinked, trying to get his thoughts together. As he contemplated his actions, the entire ship shook. It was only now that he looked out of the bridge, looking out as a high pitched, mechanical screech came from everywhere around them, over the intercoms, and then, slowly, the lights in the front of the ship started to go dark, as lights slowly started to die throughout the ship. Section by section, the lights started to go out. As the bridge lost power, the only light was from the stars above. He looked over his ship, and a very startling, terrifying noise alerted everyone in the bridge. A small noise, like a scratch, was audible to all of them. The light from the stars glinted off of the cracks, now forming on the thick windows keeping the crewmen from the cold grip of space. More cracks began to appear, slowly, and horrifyingly. The crew started to scramble to the doors, trying to pull them open, but they were unable to budge without power. It only took but a few minutes for the windows to give way, and for the cold grip of space to carry those that were unlucky enough to have been so close to it, barred away from it by mere inches of simple glass. The Computer, with the intention of keeping as many crewmen alive as possible, with it’s last bit of power, shut down the blast doors on all of the windows in the ship, as well as diverted the emergency generators to maintaining the life support systems. Gravity wasn’t as important as that was, it determined. It would have to trust the crew to be able to restore everything else on the ship. ======================================================= SIGN UP: You have two main options here. You may either choose to be a Human Crewmember, or an Experiment. As Crewmembers, you can be anything from an Engineer, to a Chef. A scientist, a guard, whatever occupation you can think of that a Battlecruiser would need. Your skills come with what you can salvage, and your occupation would obviously make things a bit easier for you to do certain things.rather than others. You will wake up where you where when the blast rocked the ship, after an unknown amount of time has passed. You will have next to no recollection of what had happened, besides the power going out, and soon after blacking out. As Experiments you will find yourselves cold, in bodies you're not used to. Your memories will have nearly been wiped, and as you emerge from your cryopods, you will remember only your names, and that at one point in time you were once human. Zerg Hybrids will find a form of exoskeleton covering most of their bodies, as well as a rapid regeneration ability, and Protoss Hybrids will find surgically attached tendrils to them, as well as a form of 'sixth sense', able to detect danger, though not to precisely pinpoint it. Your Sign Ups should include name, age, general physical description, a small idea as to their personalities, occupation (Experiments should just list their hybrid state [Zerg/Protoss]). Character Lists shall be put up once everyone signs up.SlnderBurito320 Jun 18, 2014
Jun 17, 2014 "....and Tarson HOLDS!!" Please tell me how to upload replays so I can show you this awesome replay.SVRTKNKR0 Jun 17, 2014
Jun 17, 2014 Korozain's Quote of the Day Plaza Come one come all! Post your most witty, funny or enlightening quotes here! Nothing is too vulgar or too intelligent here. Anything in quotes will do! But that doesn't mean be a general idiot. History: Granger makes the first Quote of the Day thread Topic gets full, anarchy for a minute Korozain commandeers the thread. Post away. friends!Korozain2 Jun 17, 2014
Jun 16, 2014 Shattered (RP Discussion) This is an open RP, most of the character creation will be very custom, you can be very original about it but noting Overpowered. You can use any race, any gun, and any armor as long as they are balanced well (and I will do a lot of moderation of this). Background The Shattered Private Military Group is hired by the Moebius Foundation to find and infiltrate a Dominion Research facility. The facility contains research on Protoss, Zerg, and humans alike. Possible reports of [DATA EXPUNGED] as well. The team’s main objective is to land in the desert of the planet, dubbed Euclid III, away from any sensors or outposts. The facility is heavily guarded from the perimeter itself, but scattered along the jungle and some parts of the desert are outposts, that function as full fledged bases, able to create quick response forces, and dispatch Kill-Teams quickly at one sign of trouble. The team will have to rely on stealth, and fast-hard attacks to infiltrate the facility without being overrun by the Dominion. The task is not impossible, but it will be hard. The team will be dispatched vehicles and equipment as needed. Briefing “Alright, Shards, this is your mission.” The burly commander points at a holographic globe of Euclid III. The globe rotates to the desert portion of the planet, the dead center to be exact. “This will be your designated landing point, here you will have a mobile operations center, also known as the MOC-9 Command Ship.” The hologram changes the schematics of the ship. (for a visual reference, here’s this: http://www.deviantart.com/art/SC-8-Platypus-cargo-ship-359703407) "This ship functions as a cargo ship, command center, and an attack vessel. This is a new prototype piece of equipment, so if you lose it, well, you won’t be leaving that planet. Anyhow, this is how you will keep in contact with us, store any spoils of war, and essentially carry out your mission.” The Hologram changes back to the planet, now marked with x’s scattered along the surface (mostly concentrated in the jungle area, very few in the desert) and one big circle in a dense, mountainous area of the jungle. “Your mission, is to infiltrate the main facility, get any intel, specimens, or whatever, and bring it to the Moebius Foundation without compromising us, or the client. Or dying, but that's a given. I will warn you. These x’s are outposts, most are capable of creating quick response forces to aid one another, nearly all have Kill-Teams housed inside. You’ll have to disable comms, obliterate them before they know what’s going on, or kill em’ in their sleep, but that last one probably won’t work. The jest is you do not want to have to deal with the kill teams, but take note, some are housed inside the outposts. Those teams normally have Ghosts, elite Marines and Marauders, and Combat Medics. Those medics are trained to kill you by the way. And I mean, murder you but anyways, you all should be able to do this right? Right. Any questions, you can ask the intelligence department about, because this is all the intel they gave me. One more thing, you'll all be dressed as Raiders, or wear their emblem in some form or manor. Dismissed!” Details: The jest of the background of this roleplay is you are an elite team of Mercenaries. You have been a team for a while (unless you decide to be newbie to the team and/or the organization) so you should all be comfortable with one another and understand eachothers' strengths and weaknesses and tactics etc. You will be landing on the planet Euclid III, specifically in the middle of the barren half of the planet. Your team will need to destroy outposts to acquire resources, better gear and overall control of the planet. You will periodically receive Your ship is your mobile command center, if it is destroyed, the mission will be much harder, but not impossible. You will be fighting armies made on the dot so stealth is a good factor here, dodging kill teams and overall nearly constantly fighting with few days of rest in between long periods of fighting. This RP utilizes a dice system. Depending on your characters abilities, gear and the environment will depend on how many dice is rolled, the more rolled, the more chance in your favor. However, if you are a CQC expert, using a sniper rifle, expect results to not be in your favor. This system will be used primarily for environmental events and chances for loot. Only sometimes for major battles. Any questions or concerns may be asked or stated in this thread. Character Sheet: [Rper Name] Name: Appearance: (This planet is hot, also you'll be dressed as Raynor's Raiders so you need at least their emblem somewhere.) Weapons/Armor/Equipment: (for weapons please type a weapon class [DMR, Pistol, shotgun, machine gun, sub machine gun, sniper rifle, assault rifle, etc.] and melee like knife or sword) For weapons try to describe armor as light, medium ,or heavy. Abilites: Bio:Korozain106 Jun 16, 2014
Jun 7, 2014 JRB Animated Shorts??? I foresee something on the horizon, though I'll make no promises... Maybe a couple JRB based animated shorts.... hmm? http://www.weebly.com/uploads/1/8/4/9/18493424/1729303_orig.png I threw a little something in there for Zarkun.Duke32 Jun 7, 2014
Jun 5, 2014 New caster - Hairy Starcraft Check out this caster he makes replays every day and he is dedicated towards entertaining you https://www.youtube.com/user/xHairymuppetxSecondSmile0 Jun 5, 2014
Jun 5, 2014 Everyone gather around... It's been... a long time coming, to say the least. Most of you will probably not even remember, or even know about, the many times I've toyed around with this idea. The few who have, I can safely say that I am comfortable enough to finally go through with this. I would like to draw the 'cast' of the JoeyRays Bar community, as their most 'iconic' character. I mean this as a general guideline, a starting point, if you will. If you so choose whichever character is your favorite, then so be it. If you don't have an iconic one, or even if you just came up with one, as long as it can be, or will be implemented on these forums, it is valid to me. And I would like everybody to give me a short physical description of their characters so I'm able to actually draw them. undergroundbydesign.deviantart.com should provide as a good idea as to the quality that this will be, and WIPs and such will most likely pop up on my tumblr, though they may be lost to an amount of other reblogging and posts, but I digress. I would like to recommend a 1 character limit, and whether or not these will be simple busts, or headshots... I have yet to determine. But I would like to call all of you to make an input. I'll try to keep an up to date list of who's completed, who's character is being drawn, etc. So yeah, comment away. ^^ LIST AS OF NOW: Naitsrich: Captain Whatshisface Troy Harvard: The sarcastic Battlecruiser captain. Battlecruiser currently, at peak operating capacity, since you're about to bring us to the ground, commander. Zarkun: Cayl: Needs a bit more detail..? Or are you all leaving me to my creative lisence? MechaGhidorah, Ghidldrah? I'm going to have trouble spelling. Anyways, Destron the Decepticon Hydralisk CrymsonRaven: The... twins? Before they were twins..? So... an... impregnated egg that has yet to split..? LeKroger: Choose something eventually. Smylez: Razagra: AKA Hybrid "No freaking clue how to draw" Annihilator. Korozain: Kain, who almost seems like one of the assassins from Dishonored. Zanon: Aximus, the Immortal with enough Terran weaponry to look like a Chromehound. Four Gauss Rifles, a pair of Goliath Missiles, and some unique plating all over... Hmm... this'll be interesting. Return, to Serve. http://undergroundbydesign.deviantart.com/art/Aximus-the-Immortal-393009501 ShadowFury: Rak'Nashal AKA the Demon: I'm envisioning something akin to the Dragon Priests in Skyrim at the moment, humanoid forms, but ghastly bodies. TheLostMorph: Kit, short for kitsune I presume, AKA the only 'furry' I've seen on the forums. Draconus: Agent Shadow, Still going for the badass cloak. Owlfeathers: Ceas, whom has a picture reference already. =u= ThaneKrios: How about... Tonya Devroy? Best of both worlds? *bricked Jester: Athazual, The Brood Mother with an obsession with Flails. KnarledOne: Kah-Oh! Mascot, AKA the cybernetic alcoholic roach. Jake: Hale Carmine, Reaper whom I'm going to give total badass Desert Camo. Yeeeeeeeah =u= HALE IS FINISHED: http://undergroundbydesign.deviantart.com/art/Hale-Carmine-391725289 Nukester: Jones Commervac: Basically Mr. Badass himself. HowBabysRBrn/SlnderBurito: Anderung the Changeling.SlnderBurito130 Jun 5, 2014
Jun 2, 2014 Thundercrash's dimensional PRP Bar - vs. 32 Welcome back, stranger, to the Roleplay Bar Dimension. JoeyRay’s Bar is an excellent place to come to relax, to let the strain of obliterating your opponent in honorable combat drain away. I have been coming to this fine establishment for some time, and though I have enjoyed myself many times, I have noticed something lacking. Drinks! So, being the considerate man that I am, I have taken it upon myself to serve this much needed necessity. Patrons may partake from our fine range beverages, some only found here. Drink menu: A Jim Raynor -- Cheap, harsh, and served up warm in a filthy glass. A Tychus Findlay -- You’re not actually sure what it is, but you spilled a few drops and the counter is still smoking. The Zeratul -- It isn’t served to you, instead it appears from the shadows. Then, when you try to drink it, you experience weird visions and the glass disappears. Zergling “Special” -- “Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my rag-time gal…” Firebat -- Burns goin’ down AND comin’ back up. Psi-Storm -- Hits so hard you’ll remember what happened tomorrow, yesterday. Grounds for Divorce -- Matt Horner was drinking these when he “won” a fateful card game. What He’s Having -- Kachinsky always seems to be in here, so whatever he’s having must be pretty good. Baneling Body Shot -- Are you sure this is a good idea? I’m not sure where to put the lime... A Glass of Milk -- “Whaddya mean there aren’t any cows in Koprulu? Where’d this come from then?“ The Solar Shot -- For those looking for a good time. Flame-proof clothing recommended, cuz you’ll be shining brighter than the star of Typhon. Korhalian BackStabber -- Good for the recently betrayed and left for dead. The Jail Breaker -- new from the recently opened New Folsom Prison Bar. The Bloody Medic -- kills the pain, but we still say you should have a doctor check that out. Redstone Mixer -- expensive, but I can guarantee it’ll be served in a clean and sterilized glass. Careful, that lava’s hot. The Broadcaster -- You’re not ready for the raw $ex appeal this sucker brings. A favorite of a certain ex-convict. The Hellracer -- suspension of sobriety is an integral part of any drinking experience, but this experience requires suspension of sobriety and inhibitions. The Maelstrom Shocker -- Only served here, a 40% bigger hit than standard Shockers, guaranteed. Psionic Cooler -- yes, I know it feels weird. Don’t worry, the energy coming out of your body should wear off in a couple days. I think. (insert generic letters to indicate gibberish) -- I don’t know what’s in it either, but that guy down there had one. He started screaming and thrashing for a while, and now he hasn’t gotten up off the floor in over an hour. The Judicator -- Perfect for influencing the minds of the intoxicated. Prismatic Void -- Gets better with every drink. Has been known to be lethal. Mind Shredder: perfect for those wishing to forget everything and start a new life. For anyone not wishing to do this, this drink isn’t advised. Scotty Bolgers old no. 8: the good stuff Andorian Ale: Can’t tell you how I got this, its a trade secret. Charge: Made using stim and several other ingredients. Side effects vary. Mjolnir (Thor’s Hammer): If you really want to feel hammered, this is for you. Served with a side of hot lead. Enlightenment: tell me when you get there. Marine: may cause you to see the counter vanish Feedback: served cold. All those annoying voices in your head start telling you what you did wrong today. M.U.L.E.: Good buzz, but may cause a break down later. Haven Splitter: you’ll either feel warm, safe, and content, or depressed, paranoid, and possibly like injecting yourself with random serums. 50/50 shot. Ace Suicide: I don’t actually know what this does. Nor do I recommend it. Alcoholic Projector: Ever wanted to know what you’re actually like when you get totally trashed? Take a few sips of this, and all the alcohol in your system will condense into a ‘party’ version of yourself, where you are completely wasted, have no inhibitions, and are just out for a ‘little’ fun. The more you’ve drunk beforehand, the better the projection. Have fun! The HBRB: however crazy you think you are, this will make you worse. Yes, that includes you, namesake. The Noodle Incident: we all know what happens when you drink this. It needs no explanation. Little bit of everything: Exactly what it says. I’ve taken everything I’ve got, mixed it together, and put in the laser accelerator for a few hours. There’s no telling what will happen. Slicer: Has the unique property that it changes effect depending on the drinker's personality, amplifying any traits they have a good thousand times over. Buzzes in the back of your skull begin after three drinks, amplify slowly, and you randomly sprout wings after the 11th glass. The Scoutmaster: May result in the drinkee feeling experiencing high levels of Trustworthiness, Loyalty, Helpfulness, Friendliness, Courtesy, Kindness, Obedience, Cheerfulness, Thriftiness, Bravery, Cleanliness, and Reverence. Not Recommended for parties. Mar Sara Black: need a pick me up, or something for radiation poisoning? Or jut something to get a good buzz going that doesn’t break down? Then say good night, because we won’t be seeing you until the morning. The Candy Cane: Our first ever seasonal beverage. There's no candy, but you will definitely be needing a cane. The Smylez: This beverage is delicious, trust me. Drinking it will have absolutely no harmful effects on you (please ignore the green smoke), and your liver and kidneys will not be damaged in the least. Seriously. The Nukester Supreme- Don't mind the green, glowing mist coming out of the straw. Very sharp and stinging taste, very critical repercussions. Comes with a complimentary led cup. The Lightyear- This drink will take you the distance Justice Juice- Definitely not recommended for people with a... questionable history Drink accessories: pylon shards (for those that need that extra crunchy glitter) hydralisk spine umbrella (not for the more bubbly drinks) Mentos: you’ve seen that experiment with Coke? Wait till you see what happens with my stuff. Laser accelerator: Heh heh, you think you’ve had it all? Time for a little ‘randomosity’. Pylon Powered Jellybeans- A classic now made available to the public. The extra energy may make you a little skiddish. Popsicles- Served frozen. Use to get those oh-so-elusive creative juices flowing. The menu will updated every so often, so check back to see if there is anything new you might like to try. There are only two rules here: If anyone starts a bar fight I will either: throw you into the pen of Roaches I keep in the back. I feed them regularly, but you know how voracious Zerg are or personally blow your head off, and use your dead body to make new drinks (these are one of the few fates that are permanent here. I did create this place, after all) and 2: what happens in the bar, stays in the bar. So come. Drink. Enjoy. Chat with friends. Make new ones. Pick up a date [or a one night stand ;) ]. Drown your sorrows. Bi*ch about your life. For those of the literary bent, use this opportunity to get the creative juices [among other things] flowing. As long as you pay your tab, and don’t break anything, I really don’t care what you do. And the best part is: no hangovers! On an extra note: Due to the recent conflicts involving trolls, flash-mobs, and nuclear activity (pointed look at Zanon), I’ve moved the Bar to its own pocket dimension. Don’t worry, nothing has really changed, this is just for structural stability.Thundercrash499 Jun 2, 2014
Jun 1, 2014 Starcraft II expansion: A Cerebral Return Cinematic Name: Zerg *A voice speaks, while we view the corpse of Tychus Findley being infested by what looks like a Cerebrate. This voice sound like a cross between Daggoth, Zasz and the voice of the Tyranid Hive-Mind from warhammer 40k.* Voice: We are the swarm. The REAL swarm. *shows the Overmind's destruction.* Voice: Years ago, our master was destroyed, and our sister, Kerrigan, betrayed us. Luckily, we survived the Brood War. Daggoth, Kagg, Zargil, Nargil, five unnamed cerebrates and Myself are the only survivors of Kerrigan stupidity. *shows trillions of zerg Hive Clusters beneath the surface of Zerus.* Voice: We hid in the Darkness, feasting on nearby planets and growing our Primal Swarm is size and power... *Shows all of the planets in the Zerus system, as well as other nearby planets, being overrun and consumed by the Zerg.* Voice: Our spies infiltrated our enemies... *shows a changeling on Kerrigan's leviathan, on Korhal, and on Shakuras* Voice: And a brood on Aiur have kept watch over our dead master... *shows a Zerg Cerebrate coordinating the Zerg on Aiur.* Voice: Now, the time has come to reap what we have sown......revenge. *Shows a massive Zerg Fleet, 3 times larger than Kerrigan's entire swarm, appearing over Korhal. Because of the devastation done by Kerrigan, Korhal easily falls. Show an Infested Tychus Findly pointing a Gun at Jim Raynor.* Voice: We shall burn those who defied us... *shows Zerg invading Tarsonis.* Voice: and The Overmind shall rise again. *shows 3 Cerebrates an 500 Drones merging into the corpse of the Overmind.* Voice: For I am.. *Shows the Zerg invading Shakuras* Undermind: The Undermind. StarCraft II: A Cerebral Return Lead the Swarm. The REAL Swarm. Coming whenever Blizzard sees this and decides to make it happen. For The Overmind.TheUndermind18 Jun 1, 2014
May 24, 2014 Day Infected. IV Omega team is now relaxing in base after they sent a message to the Umojans but made it seem like a fail transmision. If you want your Character(s) to do something just check in with Kain in the CC, Charlie/David in the Civ hall, Dr. Schmitt in Labs, Scarlet in the Armory and yes Isaac who is still in the CC but you need to ping him on your PDA. Boris is also round if you want some Loyalty missions to do just look around for him in base. Current Moral 24% Current Loyalty 25% Might post character information below this bout doubtful as I am forgetful.Steelwolf499 May 24, 2014
May 24, 2014 For the Swarm http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6554772/1/For_the_Swarm This was my entry for the 2010 blizz writing contest. Description: In the darkest depths of a Zerg hive, a lone Terran Marine--captive and subjected to the horrors of infestation--battles the Hive Mind for possession of his sanity.CheezDip6 May 24, 2014
May 23, 2014 How the Zerg are better than the Tyranids Hello. I know you might think I'm a complete doofus by saying the Zerg are better than Tyranids, but hear me out. 1. Zerg have centralized control. They are commanded by the Overmind, which keeps the swarm at peak, savage efficiency. The Tyranid Hivemind is decentralized. What is to stop one Hive Fleet from attacking another? Where is the unifying will that directs and IS the hivemind itself? 2. The Tyranids just consume worlds. They literally make worlds unable to harbor life ever again. At that rate, the Tyranids would simply exhaust their food supplies, and die out. On an evolutionary standpoint, they would be genetically flawed in that way. The Zerg, however, consume all the life on a planet, but leave the oceans and atmosphere intact, allowing more life to re-grow, thereby allowing the Swarm to feed indefinitely. 3. As far as I know, Tyranids don't assimilate DNA, and just consume biomass. Zerg assimilate DNA AND Consume biomass. If I am wrong about this, please tell me. Well, there you have it. The Zerg are smarter than the Tyranids, because they don't destroy their own food supply. Also, the centralization of the Zerg Hivemind, manifested as the Overmind, ensures that the zerg remain at peak, savage efficiency, while a Hive Tyrant could take a Hive-Fleet and rebel against the Swarmlord any second now. Anyone with more Warhammer knowledge, please leave constructive criticism.TheUndermind60 May 23, 2014
May 14, 2014 Writing prompts This thread is simple. You will be given a prompt and you will attempt to complete it to the best of your writing ability. The prompt stays for one week. Once a week has passed, a new prompt will be given and the process will begin anew. In the event I do not issue a prompt, anyone is free to do so. For now, the prompts will be Starcraft related. Length at a maximum of 500 words (but can go a little longer) If you really want to write a longer piece, feel free to... You are a Dominion general in command of a fleet. Victory is at hand; the Protoss fleet is warping away. You order your fleet to follow the retreating Protoss. What happens after?Animus5 May 14, 2014
May 13, 2014 The Undermind: The Eternal Fury of The Swarm (NOTE: This topic simply explains my RP character in vivid detail, since I have incorporated this character into a RP before. If you do not want your brain to be filed with Zerg fanfic, don't read this topic. Also, I am not going to incorporate the Amon plot into this because 1) it's bull!@#$ and 2) The Undermind is not at all in the events in StarCraft 2, with 2 exceptions.) The Undermind: The Eternal Fury of The Swarm It all began on Zerus. After The Overmind assimilated the Xel'Naga, and before they departed their homeworld, The Overmind collected the primal essences from every Essence Pool, even the First Spawning Pool, and packed all of those essences within a Chrysalis. The Overmind believed that, after 1000 years of growth and evolution, the chrysalis would hatch, unleashing a Supreme Being that would benefit the Swarm in battle. As the Zerg consumed more and more species in their interstellar rampage, The Overmind added these genomes to the Chrysalis. Rather than assign a Cerebrate to watch over it's prize, The Overmind decided that it would watch over the Chrysalis itself. The Chrysalis continued to grow, and it finally hatched during a conflict known as the Swarm War (the basic rundown: 3 Xel'Naga survived the Overmind's attack, and decided to make a second Overmind with it's own swarm, giving it a primary directive to destroy the Zerg and peacefully merge with the Protoss, rather than assimilate.) The Undermind helped the Zerg destroy the False Overmind of the Xel'Naga Swarm, thus assimilating the second swarm into the original one. The Undermind was given 3 primary directives: to evolve the Swarm, to ensure the Survival of the Zerg species, and to assimilate the Protoss. The Undermind had the ability to instantly morph into and Zerg unit or structure, like a changeling. It's preffered form was that of a Defiler, and it was The Undermind who invented the Defiler strain in the first place. At first, The Undermind resided within the depths of the Tiamat Brood, but it soon created it's own Brood. The Plague Brood had 2 primary directives: to evolve the Swarm and to produce more warriors. It would harvest as many resources as possible, spend all of them on units and upgrades, and then it would distribute the produced warriors evenly to all the other broods. Because it was made to provide reinforcement, the Plague Brood was more of an Industrial Brood than a Combat one. The Undermind constantly worked to further evolve the defiler strain, believing it's bio-plagues to be the most powerful weapon in the Swarm's arsenal. Though it was not like the other Cerebrates, The Undermind had the same power and intelligence of the Cerebrates, probably even more. The Overmind described the Undermind's strain as a Metamorph, a unique Zerg that could guide it's own evolution. When the Zerg arrived in the Koprulu Sector, The Undermind led the zerg invasion of Tarsones, and personally slaughtered the Confederate Council. The Undermind then continued to serve it's part in the Swarm, and was even re-born with the energies of the mythical Argus Stone. (see Starcraft: Retribution) The Undermind was the Cerebrate you play as for the last 2 missions of the Zerg Campaign, because the Cerebrate you played as in the rest of the campaign is with Kerrigan on Char during the Fall of Aiur. The Undermind then oversaw the manifestation of the Overmind, and then set out to assimilate the protoss. The Overmind was made manifest so that it could digest the biomass of the Protoss that fell on Aiur. This would make the Assimilation process easier. Though the Undermind did what it could to defend it's Master, Tassadar succeeded in destroying the Overmind. The Undermind was lost without it's father, and thus sided with Daggoth and the other Cerebrates, which Kerrigan called renegades for some reason. (she is the renegade who rebelled against the Cerebrates, not the other way around.) The Undermind believed that if Kerrigan succeeded to control the Zerg, then the Swarm would be doomed to extinction (he thought little of Kerrigan, believing her a "Stupid, filthy Human.") Unfortunately for The Undermind, his efforts were in vain. The UED invaded, and The Undermind's brethren were defeated. The Undermind himself is actually the last Cerebrate defending the New Overmind from the UED in the mission "to chain the beast." The Undermind then thought of a cunning plan. It disguised itself as just another Cerebrate, and pretended to be Kerrigan's pawn. The Cerebrate you play as in the Zerg campaign of the Brood War is The Undermind. During the interbellum, the four years of silence from the Zerg, Kerrigan ordered the extermination of the remaining Cerebrates under her command, but soon realized that they, and their Broods, had vanished without a sound. She was then contacted by The Undermind, but was unnable to locate the origin of the signal. The following is the conversation they had. This conversation is shown in the Zerg briefing room from SC1, and The Undermind is portrayed with a Defiler portrait. Undermind: Hello, Kerrigan. Kerrigan: What? who are you? Undermind: I go by many names, little girl. You may best know me as the Cerebrate who "served" you during the Brood War. By the way, I will give you some credit. Your cunning was greater than what I thought you humans were capable of. But, I have been dying to tell you that your efforts to rule the swarm are futile. Kerrigan: I see. And how do you expect to stay alive without an Overmind? Undermind: You humans are so simple-minded and predictable. The Zerg adapt, The Zerg thrive. Like I said, your efforts are futile. One day you will be what you were born to be. The Overmind's little %^-*!. Kerrigan: And what is to stop me from finding you? Undermind: I have taken the majority of the Swarm from you. Even if you find us, you would be easily overcome by us. You don't seem to understand the situation your in right now. We will not be stopped. Not by you, or the Terrans, or the Protoss or anyone! We will revive the Overmind, and we will complete the Grand Experiment by assimilating the Protoss. You may search every nook and corner of the Koprulu Sector for even the slightest glimmer of our presence, it will do you no good. For I have seeded the Swarm on many, many worlds. You will not find a single one before we are ready. And when we are, we shall reap what we have sown......revenge. *End of Briefing* Since then, The Undermind has renamed his Plague Brood the Zerus Brood, and has named his Swarm the Primal Swarm. His Cerebrate brethren all pledge allegiance to him, and they are helping him consume and plunder new worlds in preparation for their return. Their swarm was in fact viewed on Aiur and on Haven. The Zerg than infested Haven's colonies were commanded by a Cerebrate, and all the Zerg on aiur are commanded by a large group of Overlords, which keep a constant psychic link with the Undermind himself. The Undermind has a spy among Kerrigan's Swarm: Abathur. The Undermind himself was the Giant Queen you fight in the WOL mission "Belly of the Beast", spawning an army to seemingly support Kerrigan, but to later overthrow her. However, his plans were foiled and he was temporarily slain by Jim Raynor. during and after the events of HOTS, the Underminds swarm is about 3 times larger than kerrigan's, and by far is more efficient and effective in combat. It is only a matter of time before the Primal Swarm returns to the Koprulu Sector. And because of the damage Kerrigan has done during HOTS. Korhal is vulnerable to attack, and would be a prime target.TheUndermind4 May 13, 2014
May 12, 2014 WOLF's Head Commando RP(WHC RP) You are one of a new group of 'Pups', as the recruits are called, for the WOLF's Head Commando's. You've spent the last three weeks aboard the Battlecruiser Defiance a Hurricane-class variant Battlecruiser. Three good square meals a day, none of those old MRE's, and decent camping arrangements in the main hangar and cargo hold of the Cruiser. There was a decent parade field in the middle of the hold that you have spent countless hours on learning military drill and basic squad maneuvers. Basic hand to hand and CQC has also been taught. Sometimes the M3A5 Courier and the Apollo would be brought out and groups would be shown basic operation and maintenance of the two vehicles. The field would also be modified to provide various terrain for 'laser tag' exercises where participants were given modified CMC Light suits and modified versions of the WHC standard weapons. Out the port side hangar door you can see the Romulus and out the starboard the Remus is visible. Both are Behemoth-class Battlecruisers and positioned slightly behind the Defiance. Ahead of the three ships is a small blue-green world with a space platform and two more battlecruisers in orbit. The three battlecruisers proceed to the station and dock in a large open hangar. from there you are directed to a Sergeant. you don't know most if any of the other people that come to the Sergeant(PC's. will let you lot decide who knows who). He is wearing a WarWOLF suit with the helmet off and clipped to his waist as he reads from a data pad calling off your names to make sure you're all there. "Alright everyone load up on the Hermes." He says gesturing to the dropship behind him. You all file into the dropship and stow your duffle bags before taking a seat. The sergeant walks to the front of the ship and turns to check that everyone is strapped in. After everyone is strapped in, he bangs on the door to the cockpit with an armored fist. As the ramp closes a woman in full ShadowWOLF armor runs up and onto the dropship. "Sorry I'm hitching a ride." She says with a soft but experienced voice as she removes her helmet to reveal a cute but scared face with shoulder length orange-red hair. The sergeant only nods to the woman before addressing the rest of you. "That was Neema Station. You'll probably end up going there for the majority of your R&R. Of course your CO might also authorize a group sojourn to Dominion or Umojan space for some leave. Next stop is Olympus Base and then off to the firebase your squad is stationed at." He says over the growl of the dropships engines as it lifts off and exits the hangar heading down to the planet below. ShadowWolves are not a part of this intro due to their extensive training. Any ShadowWOLF characters will be waiting at Olympus Base for the rest of the group to arrive. I'm restricting the number of ShadowWOLF characters to one per squad. so if we have 7 other characters that means one ShadowWOLF. 12-16 characters will mean 2 ShadowWOLF characters(They count as part of the 12-16 total characters). I would like at least 8 characters and 4 RPer's for a nice sized squad. Available races are Terran, Protoss and Mozan. I may allow some other humanoid custom races but I would need a good reason for why/how they are a part of the WOLF's Head Commandos. Also please keep it to mostly Terran Characters if possible please. Except for some fatigues, jumpsuits and the standard pistol you do NOT have any of the gear for your class yet. you will be issued it at Fire Base ColdHarbor. which is where your squad will be based out of. Most of what you have with you is anything you brought with you from home. Link to PRP: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11914021645?page=1TheLostMorph499 May 12, 2014
May 12, 2014 Oh, Fantasy... I'm on to your little game. I know you're still watching, and I should warn you: the Brotherhood is not pleased. Knowledge is vanishing. Things that were once concrete history are ceasing to exist. Time itself is beginning to be wound in knots of Gordian proportions. They blame you. Tread carefully, and read page 1, post number 8. I don't know how you knew I'd figure it out, but I'm on your side... for the moment. Trust no one.KnarledOne22 May 12, 2014
May 12, 2014 Looking for friends/help Hey with summer coming along i need some friends to play with because none of my RL friends play SC2. I'm looking for some friends too play with. The last time i played was 3 months ago. I'm willing to learn the game soon enough. My id is Modrez #730Modrez4 May 12, 2014
May 11, 2014 Name of Song? Can someone please tell me the name of the song that plays when you begin the custom game Penguin Warz. This is a youtube link to the song in the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLXc1A1CJpU&feature=youtu.be Me and my friends want to know the name out of curiosity and it's killing us now. Also, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but this is the off topic forum, I think, so I think it's alright?Scalifs1 May 11, 2014
May 11, 2014 Zerg Overmind meets Tyranid Hivemind What would happen if, by chance and/or coincidence, the Zerg Overmind gained a psychic connection with the Tyranid Hivemind? Would they A. Talk about the most effective way to consume worlds and assimilate species B. Go to war, considering that there can only be one Hivemind or C. merge their 2 species into an even greater, more terrifying swarm.TheUndermind4 May 11, 2014