Off Topic Dicussion

Apr 29, 2012 Bad video card or driver issue? I bought a radeon 7850 the day they were available. Every other game I've played has run fine so far, but SC2 has some graphical glitches involving invisible units. The framerate drops to 2-3FPS when theres enough of them on the screen, regardless of what the graphics settings are at. http://i.imgur.com/RmrYn.jpg ^ that's what it looks like right now I haven't been able to find anyone else reporting the issue so I'm just stabbing in the dark with this post. I've tried every available driver including the opencl1.2 catalyst 12.4 beta driver, to no avail.mistermiek5 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 29, 2012 Starcraft 2 and other game problems My Starcraft II always worked, and now, it wont start up, it comes up with 'The videocard is not accessible because no display drivers are installed, another 3D application has exclusive access or the machine was locked. Please close any 3D applications or games and try starting StarCraft II again. Rebooting your system may also unlock the videocard. If the problem persists, for more information consult our support wesite at http://starcraft2.com/support' This also happens with Dota 2, where it wont start up when it's supposed to. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, rebooting my computers. However, when I open fraps, it says it failed to initialize directx 9. Any ideas on how to fix this guys? I'm running on a Windows 7 64-bit with a Nvidia GTX560 (NOT ti)Davox1 Apr 29, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 Help regarding pre-built PC choice Hey guys. My 4 1/2 year old laptop with its 2GB RAM, Windows Vista, and NVidia 8400m GS graphics card just doesn't cut it if I want to play team games with over 20 fps, so I've decided to get a decent desktop. I don't have an exact budget, but I'd like to keep it around 1K. Mostly, I want it for gaming and some more demanding music software, like Sonar. I'm not planning on playing Metro 2033 at maximum quality and 2500x1600 resolution, though. The best I can come up with is the Dell XPS 8300. It comes up at $830 if I upgrade its video card to an ATI HD 6770 (RAM and processor not an issue), which is not bad at all for a pre-built. I would opt for a more future-proof card given the choice, like an HD 6870 or GTX 560 Ti. I know how to build a system in theory, but it's a hassle and I don't own a copy of an OS... I'm willing to pay a little extra to not worry about every individual part. I could also get the basic XPS 8300, and replace the video card and power supply but I think that invalidates the warranty. I'm hoping Dell will update their systems soon and offer more decent video cards, because other brands charge absurd amounts for a system with a decent video card. So, what do you guys think? Are there other options I haven't thought of? What would you do? P.S. I live in Quebec, so I don't have access to brands like Cyberpower due to some stupid language restriction, and the Canadian version of the HP site, for instance, doesn't allow for customization.Demento3 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 I need an Audio Nerd. NOW. Okay... So here's my story. I am a headset addict. I cannot and will not venture out into the world of real speakers. I am and have been quite content with my Logitech Headset (http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/gaming/headsets/devices/wireless-gaming-headset-g930) It's got surround sound, pretty powerful bass for any headset i've ever heard. But my problem is. When people come over, I'm tired of using my headset as a makeshift speaker set by putting the volume to max and taking it off my head. And I'm missing out on the joy of cranking my music when people are not home. So, on thursday, I bought http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/speakers-audio/home-pc-speakers/devices/5861... A 2.1 speaker set... Perfect for what I want. Music, and every so often my games. After figuring out i could afford it, and had room. I awkwardly seat my legs on either side of the sub (in a desk/tight space)... Fire up my music... Now my music isn't your normal pop from the radio. I listen to a lot of electronic music. Drum n' Bass, dubstep, drumstep, hardstyle, you name it, but mostly drum n' bass. In these songs there are LOW basslines. I can't recall how low. But it is quite low. Now this is ALL audible on my headset, quite audible infact my headset shakes (hehe). But I can't help but notice during a song, there are specific parts that just literally dont sound /and or feel like they are there. The bassline will start on a high note and in this one song literally just drops out. I feel the subwoofer, it's still workin'. But i compare it to my headset and notice i can hear it fine. So after some reading. I find out that... A: My sattelites are actually dual driver satellites. There's one on the back of each of them too... "360 sound" Is what Logitech calls it... I call it a waste since im in the corner of a room and im sitting in the corner of the room. & B: Frequency response (I have no idea what this is and after google i still dont) The speaker set's response is Frequency response: 35 Hz – 20 kHz ( from the website)... and in Winamp (my music program...) on the stats for the song it says 44kHz... Look I have no idea what im talking about. Why is bass cutting out in my songs at certain parts... Do I return this set and save my money for a better set like http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/speakers-audio/home-pc-speakers/devices/7321 or return it for my money back and stick to my fancy ol' headset... TLDR: Music cuts out with certain bass notes... WAT DO.Infinite0 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 28, 2012 MW3 goes competitive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4IeETXtSXM&feature=g-u-lsb&context=G243ccdcFUAAAAAAADAA So.. yeah. I love how the commentators are trying to explain the ''strategic'' aspect of the game while the players only run and gun. Oh, it's also on the Xbox 360. They must have turned off auto-aim because the players miss a lot of shots.Splinterize8 Apr 28, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Suggested Graphics Settings Question My Specs Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2GHz (3.1 GHz w/ Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache) 6GB DDR3 at 1600MHz 1.5GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M using Nvidia Optimus technology 500GP 7200RPM SATA 3GB/s Ok, to start my Suggested settings say that I can run everything on Medium settings except textures. It says it determines this off VRAM. Why is this so if I have VRAM of 1.5 GB?. All that is required to run at medium texture is 256mb.. What am I missing to have it say I should run on low? Also... my computer is fairly new and I can only run on medium settings... what kind of computer hardware/specs are needed to run on high/ultra? Thank you :)FSMisLORD2 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 26, 2012 Fever Clan is recruiting! Anyone here looking to join a great community of gamers, that spans a wide range of platforms/games/etc? Then join Feverclan, a great group of people who share a common love for games. Interested? Here's how to apply: 1. http://www.feverclan.com/forums/forum.php follow this link to the recruiting section 2. Make an account on the website 3.http://www.feverclan.com/forums/showthread.php/22837-What-is-Needed-To-Join-Fever go to this link and copy the format for the application 4. Go back to the first link and click the Post new thread, and copy the information format there and fill it out. 5. Your done! Requirements There are only 3 -A mic -Teamspeak -Age of over 16 Tell 'em Rattlehead sent ya!Rattlehead1 Apr 26, 2012
Apr 25, 2012 Final desision on new graphics card After about an hour I found a list of video cards I could use to replace my current which in 1v1 past 100 supply battles drops to 3 fps (on lowest setting) and will be unable to run Diablo 3 I have 4 GB of ram and am now looking to upgrade my video card, here are my picks Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB good for 90$ ? or VIDIA GEFORCE 8600GT 256MB PCI-E VIDEO CARD /Graphics for 40$ ? MSI GeForce 7600GS 256MB 42$ Radeon HD 5450 Graphic Card 650 MHz Core 2 GB 73$ XFX Radeon HD 4550 Graphic Card 1 GB DDR2 PCI Express 2 (HD-455X-ZAFR) Image not available Sell one like this XFX Radeon HD 4550 Graphic Card 52$ Radeon HD6450 Graphic Card 512MB 60$ ATI Radeon 5750 1GB Low Profile Half Height PCI-E x16 Gaming Video Graphics Card 130$ (little high for budget) XFX AMD Radeon HD 6570 90$ Sapphire Radeon HD 6750 1GB 95$ nVidia GeForce 7900 GTX 75$ ATI Radeon HD 3650 50$ My criteria is to be able to Run Diablo 3 Run starcraft 2 during battles over 12fps on lowest setting And to preferably do it at lowest cost possible Thank youHirron5 Apr 25, 2012
Apr 24, 2012 Can't believe it. I was told by nearly everyone that I could not play Diablo 3 on settings any higher than low. Here I am playing on the highest settings without lag or anything... My graphics card is the ATI Radeon 5470 too... Any thoughts on why I can play on high settings?Umbrella15 Apr 24, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Buying a new video card I'm a little low on cash and even under other occasions tend to be quite conservative in spending. My goal is to stay under 90$. I've found a video card the NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB DVI PCIe Video Card I'm looking for a card that .Gets more than 3 fps while in combat beyond 112 supply . Can run Diablo 3 If possible I'm looking for other reccomendationsHirron4 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 23, 2012 Done with Tatasciore and Eiding. Both very talented voice actors i will give you that. However its like anything good, use it too much and you will get very ill. Please remember this is personal opinion and not an attempt to troll and id like to hear your opinions. When they are in every other game or show it becomes ridiculous. It is like the same actors being used in the same movies again and again. It gets old fast no matter how good they are. Please, i would just like to see some new talent in both the voicing and the voice modulating. Otherwise it just becomes the same monotonous experience. Thats all i got im just curious to see who feels the sameTyphon2 Apr 23, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Looking at Camera's Nikon D5100 16.2MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm $699 Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm $549 Was wondering if anyone has any advice on the two.Grievous2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Making MvC video series, would like feedback! I'm making a new-player oriented Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 video series and was hoping some people would watch it and tell me what they think. SC2 forums I think are really good for this, as SC2 is also a very intense, competitive game with a lot of depth that would scare off newer players. So if you've never even thought about picking up UMvC3, or a fighting game at all, watch it and see if you can appreciate the depth as you do with StarCraft. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WPR3WLpNBQ LINK ^ ^ ^ Thanks!VirtueFire0 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Warcraft 2 Battle.net crashing I decided to try the old Warcraft 2 Battle.Net and it installs just fine but whenever I try to go online with it the game crashes. Now, the weirdest part is that every time this happens, if I try to log onto any SC1 server I can't because it then says my application isn't recognized. This is only fixed when I reinstall SC1. Anybody have an idea?Bru4 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Laptop for under $1000 Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a laptop and I want it to run StarCraft 2 on at least medium graphics. I would really like to be able to play 1v1's/2v2's without any problems and even some 4v4's as well, if possible. I DO NOT want the game to lag during big battles with lots of units. Here are a few musts: - run at full HD 1080p resolution - built in webcam - at least one mic input and audio output jack - run Windows 7 - under $1000 Please list the laptop model/provide a link to where it can be purchased at and let me know how well it will perform in the various SC2 match-ups. Thanks in advanced for the help, I really appreciate it.Ulrich12 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Help with Rosewill wireless adapter Hi. I recently bought a computer from ibuypower.com Everything is great except the Rosewill wireless adapter, which is plugged in correctly and everything, just it is not being recognized at all when i go into network settings. I have windows 7 and this thing should work on it, and i have no clue what to do. thanksShhabbazz5 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Grim Dawn (ARPG) Kickstarter! Check it out if you enjoy ARPGs: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawnSchwartzwald0 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Can't overclock my 2500k? I've had the chip for over a year, had an overclock for a really long time. When my SSD broke, I heard that it could be a firmware issue and to update the motherboard bios, so I undid my overclock and flashed the motherboard to UEFI 2.1 (ASROCK P67 extreme4). Didn't fix the SSD, and I just got it back from RMA so I went back to redo my overclocking, but when I try and change the multiplier value, my BIOS just sets it to 16 (it is currently at 33) and no matter what I type, it just ignores it and goes to 16. wtf? what is going on here? Also I can't change max tdp either.Capslock0 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Can My Laptop run Diablo 3 with ease? Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Intel (R) Core( TM) 2 Duo CPU p8600 @2.40ghz ATI Mobility Radeon HD3650 RAM: 4GBExMom8 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 New Lap Top, looking for opinions Hi there, I'm planning on purchasing a new lap top for the primary purpose of gaming, but I will also do my day to day web browsing and homework on it. My budget is $1500, and after searching around review sites and various different options, I've found myself wanting to purchase the following computer: MSI GT683 (or perhaps splurge and get the 780 which is basically just a larger monitor)Here's a link to the MSI GT683: http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?cid=6&id=344 It looks like pretty good bang for my buck in terms of performance. Most of the review sites ranked it very high, higher even than some more expensive models. Additionally, it has some cool features like an awesome lit up keyboard with a solid sound system. I'm upgrading from a pretty basic laptop that was designed to be more of an office machine. It doesn't run SC2 very well, so I'm really excited about getting an upgrade! It currently gives me quite a bit of lag in SC2 at the lowest settings during larger engagements, and I'm also planning on buying D3 which I assume will be more graphic intensive. I don't have the space for a desktop, and currently play SC2 at my dinner table, so I won't be purchasing a desktop. Lap top is a must. I don't really know that much about computers beyond the basics, so I thought I'd turn to the SC2 community to see if they had any opinions on the matter. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this particular model, or perhaps other models that may be a bit cheaper/less awesome, but still give me good value for my money. Cheers, RamoneRamone4 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 Previous favorite RTS games Starcraft is really the only RTS I have liked and played. Looking back I find games like C&C and AoE really interesting. What RTS games from the past would you guys suggest checking out? I've been under a rock as far as this genre of games are concerned, hehe.Ren11 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 A new computer for $800 I know people are probably sick of these posts but I would love some help. This is the first computer I have ever built. Basically can I do better with approximately 800 dollars? Processor - Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (LGA 1155) - $210 Mobo - ASUS P8H77-M/CSM LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 - $120 Memory - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 –Cas Latency -9 - $55 Video Card - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready - $110 Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" - $100 Case - Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower – 4 fans - $70 PSU - TOPOWER ZU-650W 650W ATX12V Version 2.0 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Certified - $45 Optical Drive – Any DVD/RW - $25 OS – Windows 7 Home (Student License) - $60 TOTAL: $795 Additional questions: 1) I don’t quite understand the north bridge on the Motherboard. As long as the processor is LGA1155 and the Mobo is LGA1155 they will be compatible right? 2) Are PSUs compatible with all Mother Boards or do I need to get ones that match 3) How many fans is a good number of fans for a case? Size? There were cheaper cases with less fans but I have no idea if that is ok. Thanks in advance!junyamint5 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Skype minimize of loss I wasn't sure where to ask this, but does anyone know how to stop Skype from thinking it is so damned important that it can minimize Starcraft to tell me a call ended?Fawxkitteh1 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Motherboard Question What is the the cheapest motherboard that will support the new Ivy Bridge processors that anyone can recommend without all the unnecessary bells and whistles? I'll be using this rig for playing games and live-streaming. So what are your recommendations?Averik7 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Question I know this should be basic knowledge, but i'm not a computer guru...so i've a question - My friend is building me a new computer and I was just curious if it'd be able to run SCII and Diablo 3 on the max settings - here are the specs: -MSI 870A-G46 AM3AMD 870 SATA 6GB/ s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard -GIGABYTE GV-R785OC-2GD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCD Express 3.0x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card -CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply -AMD Phenom II X4 975 Black Edition Deneb 3.6 GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor -8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM -Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/ s 3.5 Internal Hard Drive -ASUS DRW 24B1st 24x DVD Burner -COOLER MASTER Hyper TX3 CPU CoolerGosugoat2 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Looking to buy a new graphics card. Hello, I'm currently using a Radeon HD 5570 as my graphics card. I would like to upgrade and my budget is $200-$250. I've been looking at the 7850 and 7870 and I find the prices totally appalling. A 7850, being $250, to me is a joke; the 6850 released at $180. A 7870, being $350, is also a joke; the 6870 released at $240. Why are these cards so expensive? As a result, I've been holding out for a gtx 660 or 660 ti. However, I have no clue how long I need to keep waiting or what I can expect to pay. Can someone provide some guidance? Thanks in advance. Edit: typoSchwartzwald4 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Guild Wars 2 pre-purchase today Anyone else get it? Had fun with WoL for a long while now (since season 1), just need something new :).CSmith3 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Selling my Mac, need ideas for custom desktop As int he title I am looking for ideas or advice on building a new desktop. First time builder and I only had my mac for like 3 months LOL. Can spend about 700-800...would like to be on the lower end of prices, but with great quality if available. I would prefer intel, but if amd is just as good as people say, why not? I go to a university so win7 64bit is not a problem. I have a monitor or should I say a TV for a display. I need a mouse/keyboard. I do have a moue, but I would rather have a better one. Please help me and Thank You. Lee Sooyul :)SooyuL6 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 When will Baneling Hat's be available to buy? Anyone seen the Baneling Hat's held in the Tournament in Las Vegas? I wanted to know if there was a link to buy them.Valkian0 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Graphics card upgrade question So i had a 5870 and it pooped out so i sent it back to XFX. They said i can get either a 6950 refurb, a 5870 refurb, or for 30 dollars a brand new 6950 2 GB version. Is it worth the 30 dollars?BeastedOreo5 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 9, 2012 Obama administration is supporting SOPA After the largest online protest in history, the Obama administration is still voicing support for SOPA. We promised to ask for your help if SOPA returned. We're asking now. This kind of backtracking demands a strong, fast response. There is a petition That demands that Obama drop all support for internet censorship. Our goal? Get more signatures than the top petition on whitehouse.gov -- 151,000 signatures.to Tell Obama to promise: "I will never advance legislation that blocks websites or disconnects Americans' internet access." follow the link at the bottom. Obama's internet would let private companies block sites and turn off our web connections. Blocking websites censors free speech, hurts jobs, and breaks the internet. These are tactics used by totalitarian governments and that's never ok. Sign the petition now, then share it to keep the internet strong. Our friends need to know where the President is currently standing on SOPA. http://a.fightforthefuture.org/sign/obama-sopa/?akid=69.563395.TPN_Pu&rd=1&t=3Damy1 Apr 9, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Dell Studio 1749 upgrade performance I'm running a Dell Studio Model 1749. Intel Core i3 2.27 GHz, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit. I would like to run starcraft 2 on low settings, It works okay but still get an occasional graphics hiccup. Is there any graphics performance booster, or some cheap product upgrade I can get? Or maybe some kind of settings tweak? Just to make the game run smoothly, no bumps. I'm perfectly fine with the low settings gameplay as long as I can play the game and enjoy Starcraft again!!! Thanks for any advice!Snackwrap7 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 8, 2012 Streaming and Hardware Upgrades So I recently upgraded some parts in my system to better handle streaming SC2, since my previous specs were insufficient, for enjoyable gameplay AND high quality video on the stream. I am still getting some frame lag when I'm at "Extreme" Settings on SC2, and trying to stream at the same time. Here are my specs: Intel Core i7 2600k Overclocked to 4.4GHz 12 GB of DDR3-1600 G.SKill RipJaws nVidia GTS 450 1GB (192 Stream Processors/ 830Mhz GPU clock) Xplit is set at to capture at 1080p @ 24fps with the following settings: Preset: Medium Quality: 10 VBV Max Bitrate: 2500kbps VBV Buffer: 5000kbps Audio: 44.100KHz 16bit AAC LC at 256kbps Video Samples here: www.twitch.tv/tbomega I guess my question is, do you think that my GTS 450 is really holding me back that much? or is there something that I may have setup wrong, where the GPU is doing more work with Xsplit capturing and streaming. TL;DR Upgrade my GTS 450 to stream better quality? Thanks in advance!omegaBAD2 Apr 8, 2012
Apr 7, 2012 Help regarding Video card/Processor Hey so i have a question for you guys! I recently upgraded my GPU to a Radeon HD 6870, from a crappy Nvidia GTS 520. And i was expecting a pretty big performance boost, but thats not what i got. For reference here is my specs. Computer was a prebuilt: Gateway FX 7026 OS: Windows Vista service pack 2 (Can't afford 7 right now) Mobo: Intel (Schroeder Town) G33 Motherboard PSU: Corsair GS600 (600 wt) CPU: Intel quad-core Q9300 2.5 GHZ RAM: 8 gb DDR2 GPU: Radeon HD 6870 1gb Hard drive: 2x360 GB Okay so now for the question/help. Based off what i know, this set up should be able to run modern games decently at the least. According to the system requirements i surpass the recommended for quite a few games, including SC2. But using Starcraft 2 as an example, I am not seeing the performance that i think i should be. It suggest that i use ultra graphics settings, but when i do, in a 1v1 match, i only get about 20FPS... Now what really weirds me out is that when i drop the settings to the lowest they will go I STILL only get 60FPS in a 1v1... Now on my system, even though its older, i feel it should run MUCH better. As in my 2.1GHZ dual core laptop could run it that well. Its the same case for a lot of games, and i have no clue why.... Like Counterstrike source on max settings i only get 50-60 FPS, and thats a old game and not the best looking now... So my question for you guys is: Do you know what could be causing this? I have a sufficient power supply for my system, decent parts (I think). I thought it might be a bottle-neck of the GPU, but i don't think it would have this much effect on performance... Do you think its a hard/software problem, or a bottle neck maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!Jake15 Apr 7, 2012
Apr 7, 2012 Which Comp should I get? Hey. I was looking into some cheap already built comps for my b-day. I need help choosing which one would run a game better. So far, I've found these three... CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme GXi250 Desktop PC with Intel Core i3-2100 Processor, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Home Premium. CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA220 Desktop PC with AMD A8-3870K Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive. CyberpowerPC Black Gamer Ultra GUA250 Desktop PC with AMD Quad-Core FX-4100 Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive. Which of these should I get? Also if ya have a recommendation, please try and make sure it's under 800 dollars. Thanks!jbari3 Apr 7, 2012
Apr 7, 2012 looking for a bullet hell game like Mushihime Preferable for the PC, but shoot me any games you think is worth it. I really want to play Mushihimesama but it's only for the xbox 360 or ps2 that I can find :(FinalBoss1 Apr 7, 2012
Apr 7, 2012 Building a new computer Hi everyone ^^ I'm building a computer for a friend of mine to play SC2. It can't be that expensive (<$700) and needs to run SC2 at at least medium graphics without lag. Could someone suggest some specs for me? Thanks a bunch :)HungryGeKo1 Apr 7, 2012
Apr 6, 2012 Zergotchis need to be real I'll admit it. I forgot it was April Fools day and was had by blizzard by this: http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/games/zergotchi/ But, these need to be real. It's not very often that I experience a must-have these days. But blizzard could get something like this made and if I want it this bad, I know there are more of you. It might not do everything that was outlined in the above page, but just something along these lines would be amazing. Maybe they could even make them able to fight other zergotchis? Make it happen BlizzardKenjinKell4 Apr 6, 2012
Apr 6, 2012 Help with a Laptop Crash Hello all! Six months ago I bought myself an awesome Alienware M17x R3 laptop. I have had this laptop for six months without any problems until about a month ago. I was playing Starcraft 2 using my laptops GTX580m graphics card when it suddenly and for the first time bluescreened on me! The computer had a bugcheck code of Ox116 After letting the computer restart I launched the same game and it did not crash again the whole night. For about two weeks after the first crash no other crashes occured and i thought it was just a random thing but beginning about two weeks ago my laptop has started crashing more and more frequently. The crashing has also spread from only that game to every game that I own! These games range from StarCraft II and other new games to Older games which require little resources to run. I have noticed though that my laptop will only crash when I run games on the GTX580m card. It will run games fine on the Intel HD 3000 integrated card. The crashes are random and can happen after 2 hours of gaming or right at the games welcome screen. I have called Dell/Alienware Tech support at least 4 times and they have not found the cause of the problem or a solution to fix it. Some things they have tried are: 1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the GTX580m (They used a program to remove all traces of the old drivers) 2. Running tests on my processor, memory, and RAM 3. Reinstalling the operating system ( I thought that would fix it but alas...) Now I have made no modifications to my system or overclocked my graphics card and have never opened it up so I have no idea what could be the cause of the problem but I would like to hear any ideas on what to do to fix this. I'm leaning toward pushing for a replacement graphics card from Dell. I've put this on Dell's forum and gotten some ideas on things to try but I wanted more than one opinion from other forums/people. Thanks so much! -SirRobin (Why/How does someone have the same name as me??!)SirRobin6 Apr 6, 2012
Apr 5, 2012 How decent of a video card can I get for 50$ I'm trying to play Starcraft 2... my computer has integrated video and the fps is really bad even on the lowest settings. Could I get a videocard for 50 dollars that can handle sc2? I only have a 330w psu Any suggestions? The cheaper the better.Mattson2 Apr 5, 2012
Apr 5, 2012 Can I run Diablo 3? My specs are: CPU- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 RAM- 4GB OS- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 64-bit Video Card- GeForce 9300 GE Free disk space- 196.0 GB I'm not sure if this is enough info but ty in advance. If I cannot run this game which parts should i replace?Toasty8 Apr 5, 2012
Apr 4, 2012 Looking for some good ol' nerdy pc help I own a NZXT M59 Mid case and I currently want to install a liquid cooling system, but I don't know where to start.. and by start I mean, which system to buy.Inferno1 Apr 4, 2012
Apr 3, 2012 For android users - Brain Lab Hi Everyone, I wanted to let know android users if you are interested that I made a brain game for android and iphone soon. If you want to take a look here are the links : Google play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sixdead.brainlab Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhX9h91CTak Thank youMxx0 Apr 3, 2012
Apr 3, 2012 Anyone want to use Scroll of Res in WoW on me I got a hunter, and i've been inactive since NovemberPuch0 Apr 3, 2012
Apr 3, 2012 SC1 Bnet Issue I don't quite know what the problem is. I try to log on SC1 with the normal game and it says it can't identify my version. Anyone know whats going on? Of course, my SC1 version is 1.16.1.Templarfreak1 Apr 3, 2012
Apr 2, 2012 SteelSeries SC2 ZBoard Help! I bought a SteelSeries ZBoard (the one with interchangeable keysets) because I was due for a new keyboard. Along with it I purchased the SC2 Keyset. Above the arrow keys are buttons for rotation, default zoom, zoom in, zoom out, max zoom, build structure, build advanced structure, rally point, last event, and show health bars. To the right of it are stop, attack, hold, patrol, idle worker/all idle workers, and then Macro keys where the NumPad should be. I have no idea what to bind to the macro keys (there's 9 of them) and was hoping someone else here would have it and could give me tips. Protoss binds, by the way.RisingSun0 Apr 2, 2012
Apr 1, 2012 Cisco IOS LEARNING GAMES I am here because I am interested or consistently and constantly seeking games that I can acquire knowledge that can be used in the outside world of Networking and Communications management. Now Cisco has made flash games of everything from learning binary to networking physical wiring in network environments. I was wondering if there would be anybody that could re-create these games using the starcraft 2 map editor. Though I could do it myself, It would take time that I do not have (especially when my wife is stressed out and breathing down my back trying to get me to go back into school or go out and start looking for a job). I can list ideas, I just need some feedback as to whoever would support my idea. (please don't troll this post).xNERDxELITEx0 Apr 1, 2012
Mar 31, 2012 Looking to buy a netbook (not for sc2!) Obviously I won't be playing SC2 on it But for college, I'm looking to pick up a gaming laptop (from cyperpower, xotic, etc.) and a tablet, ipad, or netbook. Does anyone have suggestions for the best netbook out on the market right now? or at least some specifications to look for? I'm talking about screen sizes smaller than 12 inches.JusSn3 Mar 31, 2012
Mar 31, 2012 AMD APU and crossfire stuff Does anyone here have any of the AMD APUs? (A4/A6/A8) I'm thinking on getting one and I'm wondering what the performance would be like on Starcraft 2 at medium settings. Also, I'm wondering if crossfiring it with a 6670 would increase the performance that much on medium.Blackrock5 Mar 31, 2012
Mar 31, 2012 Anybody wanna scroll of rez me on WoW? I can get an 80 pally instantly right? That is the only class that I don't have that I still care about, and I need something to play right now.Capslock10 Mar 31, 2012