Off Topic Dicussion

Jun 17, 2012 NVIDIA Geforce 9600 gt? Has anyone have experience with this graphics card? my friend says he can play on ultra no problem with it, i just wonder if its THAT GOOD of a video card? does it give you some awesome FPS? i currently have the 8500 gt. I really want to upgrade, my fps is around 65 - 72 on low graphics, i just have random stutters sometimes on starcraft will this greatly improve it? thanks!Unlimited3 Jun 17, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 SSD + HDD I recently bought a SSD so i can store my OS and maybe a few other things on it and everything else onto my HDD, but i am new to SSD and do not know how exactly to set it up. I was wondering if someone would be able to help or link me a guide so i can read it and hopefully set everything up correctly. I wont have the SSD for another day or two, i just wanted to be prepared and ready for when i do have it. Also as a gamer what else besides the os should be on the SSD, an example of games i play are Sc2, WoW, little D3, and a couple Steam games.Caliburr2 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 Buying a New Laptop Hello Starcraft Community, I am about to buy a new laptop for college, and although I'm going to be doing work on it, I also want to be able to play Starcraft 2 on low graphics settings (I prefer low, dunno why) at a decent fps. So my purpose in this thread is to 1) Check that the laptop I am looking at can run SC2 and 2) Ask if any other laptops (from a list I've been looking at) would also be able to run Starcraft 2, at a cheaper price. This is the laptop I'm looking at at the moment is the HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 : http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-Pavilion/A3F49AV?HP-Pavilion-dv6t-7000-Quad-Edition-Entertainment-Notebook-PC It has, basically, 8 GB RAM upgradeable but is probably enough), 1 TB Hard Drive, Quad-Core 3rd-Gen Intel i7 2.3 GHz (upgradeable to higher GHz), and its graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 630M with 1GB GDDR3 Memory. Would this be able to run Starcraft 2 smoothly? Here is a link to a list of similar HP Pavilion dv6-series laptops. Some run on an AMD processor, and I'm not sure if that is better for Starcraft 2 or not: http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/search-SimpleOfferSearch?PageSize=15&search=&SearchTerm=pavilion+dv6 One that has caught my eye (because they look as if they could run Starcraft 2, and are cheaper) is the HP Pavilion dv6-6c40us (AMD processor, Quad-core, 2.5 GHz). Any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks very much, DG.ZeyaDGZeya2 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 Are these better graphics cards? I have the Ge-force 8600 and want a new graphics card but have very little money. Are either of these better? Nvidia Geforce4 MX440 DDR 128mb: 20$ or ATI Radeon 7500 DDR 256mbRainyDays4 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 "Post PC era" This is a term used by Apple CEO Tim Cook during the launch of the new iPad. It is a grossly premature comment considering that tablet computers are many years away from being capable of running the workstation software and games that are found on the PC today. It is also a deliberate (but veiled) marketing ploy to convince buyers into thinking that the traditional desktop/monitor/keyboard/mouse is old school, that the tablet computer is the way of the future and you can get it right now with this all-new iPad. Note that the iPad is Apple's cash cow, accounting for the majority of their revenue. Apple claims to have sold more iPads than any other PC vendor. This is true, 15 million+ iPads to 14 million desktops and laptops by 2nd-placed HP in the last 3 months. If you look behind the spin, according to research overall 92 million desktops and laptops were sold compared to the 15 million iPads in that time. I've got friends who use Macs and even they think this "post PC era" comment is absurd. Sure smartphones and tablets have hurt desktop/laptop sales, but they are a long way from directly replacing the old school style of computing, if at all.Hypersonic18 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 15, 2012 Moving to another state? I'm moving from Missouri to Texas in a month, just a big change that I need in my life. Anyway, I will be living with my best friend for a month or two until I have the money to get my own apartment, etc. The few questions I have for people who have done this are - How soon should I switch over my license plates to texas plates? When should I update my drivers license to texas license? What are the process steps of dropping my residency of MO to TX? Then with that out of the way, a long with getting a job, etc. I planned on attending college (probably community) Will I have to wait a year for my residency to be to TX before I can get the tuition fee knocked off so I don't have to pay out of state tuition because it's expensive as hell. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated - Thanks ;)Tunack3 Jun 15, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Can't watch certain videos. Hello all, I've noticed recently my computer is having trouble loading and playing any of the episodes from day9's website. I can still run videos off of youtube fine, but does anyone know why none of the videos from the website are downloading? I've uninstalled and reinstalled flash player, shockwave, and java, but none of those things seem to work.pedobearftw0 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 What makes Starcraft II! Was having a discussion with some friends the other day regarding some of the key elements to an RTS. Here's my thoughts on the role of a meta-game within an RTS and a brief overview of how to achieve it. http://pqumsieh.com/?p=420 Would appreciate some feedback/discussion. Cheerspqumsieh3 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Activision Blizzard for sale? http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6381404/activision-blizzard-for-sale http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/07/vivendi-consider-selling-activision-blizzard/ Honestly, this would be a horrible idea.Ferox4 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Hey Guys i need some help im looking to buy a good but cheap desktop to play SC2 on. Can some one please helpTurtle7 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 9, 2012 Should I Buy This Monitor? I just saw this Dell Ultra-Slim at best buy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260057 <<-- this is the 1 on newegg its the same at bestbuy (store). For 150$ AT BEST BUY but according to its specs and what not is it worth buying? 2ms GTG idk its refresh rate... is there a big diffrence in refresh rate tho? if its 60, 75, 120? or do you guys reccomend a diffrent monitor im looking for a monitor under 200$ preffrable 150$ tho thx BTW: I Do digital art(so color matters), and im a hardcore gamerPapersea3 Jun 9, 2012
Jun 9, 2012 WOW!!! I need a scroll of resurection tdcman92@yahoo.comThomas6 Jun 9, 2012
Jun 9, 2012 Looking for a new gaming mouse. My Deathadder, after 5 years has now failed on me. I am looking for a new mouse that can bring me the awesomeness that was the Deathadder - Willing to splurge.Light4 Jun 9, 2012
Jun 9, 2012 mouse/keyboard for sc2 what's a good gaming mouse and keyboard for sc2? preferably less than $150 togetherSiphon9 Jun 9, 2012
Jun 9, 2012 is this better then my old one? (processor) AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz Old AMD Athlon II X2 260 Regor 3.2GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor ADX260OCK23GM - OEM (new) I currently Have the AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz and it does not work to well for guildwars 2 So I am looking for an improvment My motherboard is an Msi. So can someone tell me if this new one will let me run guildwars 2 and if it will work on my motherboard. Motherboard is MSI MOTHERBOARD V CLASSIC.IMMvp6 Jun 9, 2012
Jun 8, 2012 I need to increase perfermance. Hello guys! I need some help increasing the performance of my computer. I can run the game but only on low and even then it still lags. As I'm sure you all know lag is very annoying. The specs of my system are: CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz RAM: 2.1 GB Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series Windows 7 The game says that based on my graphics card I should be able to run medium but that is a total lie so I thought "what if its something else?". So guys do you know a way I can increase the performance of my computer without buying something super expensive.Phantom11 Jun 8, 2012
Jun 6, 2012 teach me about processors! I'm going to get a laptop for sc2 and school...is the i5 2.5ghz or i7 2 2ghz better for sc2? geforce gt 610m or intel integrated?YAMINASHI11 Jun 6, 2012
Jun 5, 2012 Can this run starcraft2? i have a laptop: Model: HP Pavillion dv6 notebook PC Processor: AMD Turion(tm) Dual-Core Mobile m500 2.20GHz 6GB Ram/ 64bit operating system Desktop: Model:HP pavillion Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3800+ 2.40GHz 960MB ram Is that enough information? I need to know if they can run sc2 and which one is better im guessin the laptop but unsure....CeReBraL2 Jun 5, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Need A Diablo 3 Guest Pass I'd like to try out Diablo 3 if you have a spare pass please email me one? Dreamcaseal@msn.comDreamcaseal5 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 4, 2012 Architecture So I'm a code monkey type person and I've been wondering for a little while: what is the high level design of the Blizzard game engine? Anybody know? If you don't know about that feel free to discuss any of your architecture related notions here as well :D I myself am taking my first steps into game programming and am planning on making a space shootery type thing (in full 3D! OOOOOH [lulz]). Right now I'm leaning towards a classic MVC type design that uses observers (don't make the pun, I can feel you making it, stop) to notify the view of important events in the model. Seems to make sense to me! So, now that I've shared, what are your thoughts on game architecture?Metro1 Jun 4, 2012
Jun 1, 2012 Random Gaming Youtube Channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/SCiMoDoomerX/videos It sucks so bad it might be good!DoomerX0 Jun 1, 2012
May 31, 2012 Command & Conquer: Tiberium Secrets Mod Hello guys, as a member of both communities, I'd like to extend an invitation to anyone here to check out this mod in development. Themes range from an aI that thinks it's the messiah of mankind, to a virus Alien faction(similar to Zerg) to an Area 51 inspired faction (similar to Terran). We will also be updating the original factions of GDI, Nod and Scrin. If you enjoy Starcraft, and similarly themed high tech Science fiction, I believe you guys will also enjoy this mod for C&C3. I encourage you guys to take a look, and contribute to our forums, Closed Betta Access, although far away, will likely be offered to those who participate in fostering a community of creativity. I hope you guys will find it interesting. http://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberium-secrets This is General Jist, writer & PR manager, thanks for your timeGeneralJist4 May 31, 2012
May 31, 2012 I am technologically illiterate Hello all. I welcome your input, as I am seeking to buy (or have created) a high end PC. What I am looking for is a machine that is able to play games like WoW, Tera online, SC2. I want whatever setup to be able to chew up games with maximum settings, and also to stay ahead of system requirements and performing well for several years. To this end I have several thousand dollars set aside in savings. Would the SC2 community be able to advise me of decent manufacturers? (ie: is Alienware a prudent investment?) or an easy to assemble rig with a list of components? I prefer to buy from a manufacturer, simply because "I NO COMPUTER". Any advice, things to watch out for, or whatever comes to mind is appreciated (even if it's simply to save my money till good computers depreciate in price, as they do).Draconic23 May 31, 2012
May 30, 2012 Internet Backlash Syndrome This thread comprises my thoughts on a phenomenon that seems prevalent in recent game releases: Internet Backlash Syndrome. This refers to a situation where forums dedicated to a game become filled with posts by angry users declaring they will "never play X game series again" or that "Y developer is only about the money". I want to examine some recent non-Blizzard-related instances of this phenomenon, and their causes. Feel free to skip to the section that most interests you, as this is a lengthy post. Valve (Portal 2): To the Moon! For Science! This is probably the controversy I know the least about, having not personally played Portal 2. I am however aware that there was/is some controversy regarding the moon and the game's ending. Please provide details if you have any. BioWare (Mass Effect 3): The END???!!! (also Day[1] DLC) Another ending controversy. I have not played all the way through ME 3 as yet, but I plan to. It's my understanding that many people were dissatisfied with the ending of ME 3 as being too dark or not fulfilling enough (basically not a neat "happy" ending). I do know for a fact, via an article in Game Informer magazine, that many fans have petitioned BioWare to release a DLC alternate ending. My personal opinion is that this is a strange thing to expect from a company. When I read a book series with an ending I don't like (for example, the Inheritance Cycle or Karen Miller's Innocent Mage books), I don't write a letter to the author demanding that they release a new edition of the book with an ending that I like, or even an alternate final chapter in ebook form. That would be silly. Also, some have complained about the availability from launch of paid DLC for ME 3. If it was ready at day 1, why was it not packed into the game? This is like asking why auto dealers don't throw in options like heated seats, electronic locks, and electrically powered car windows for free. Deluxe content is extra. Nintendo (Skyward Sword): Fi, Ghirahim's Tongue, Fi, Dungeons, and Fi Many people found problems with Nintendo's latest Legends of Zelda title, Skyward Sword. Some found the game's main antagonist to not be (ahem!) masculine enough. Some said the new dungeons were too easy, contained too many hints, or were too similar to each other in design. But by far, the majority of complaints seem to revolve around Fi, Link's new companion (which makes sense, since she is present for most of the game). Frankly, even I find things to dislike about Fi. Her weird robotic demeanor (she talks like HAL from Space Odessey) was off-putting to many people (and humorous to others). Her wooden facial animation while singing was...disturbing. Most of all, her dousing feature, over-obvious hints, and obnoxious low battery and health warnings were a distraction to many gamers. Bethesda (Skyrim): FUS-RO-....DARN! COME BACK HERE, DRAGON! Many gamers have bashed Skyrim on the basis of its many bugs, most notably those surrounding dragons (especially the ones flying backward at warp speed). I have been fortunate to encounter no serious dragon glitches and relatively few others in Skyrim. That said, I have crashed to desktop 4 times, had the entire world turn Pepto-Pink, and, on one notable occasion, had two broken quest NPCs follow me, zombielike, endlessly chanting "For Kodlak!". I nearly went insane before I finally decided there was no way to repair the quest and loaded an earlier save, losing 3 hours of progress. That said, gamers (somewhat irrationally) held up Morrowind, of all titles, as an example of Elder Scrolls Nirvana: perfectly designed and free of bugs. Apparently they forgot that there were more design flaws, exploits and bugs in Morrowind than can be counted. At level 2, a character with a levitate potion and basic fireball spell could kill maybe the 3rd most powerful person in the game (Umbra) and take his epic sword (also Umbra). Locks would resist any attempt to open them with magic or skill. Drinking too many potions at once would cause the game to crash. Guards could approach you to make an arrest, and all you had to do was drop stolen items at your feet to avoid confiscation. Etc, etc, ad nauseum. Firaxis (Civilization 5): Protest ALL the things! I cannot list everything that was complained about at Civ 5's launch. More notable complaints include: Bad diplomacy AI, bad combat AI, 1 unit per tile, no religion, no espionage, policies OP/UP/Not fun, global happiness. Some of these complaints were legitimate concerns. It took about 4 months of patching to make Civ 5 truly enjoyable (even for me) and about a year for it to begin to reach it's true potential. Clearly a longer play-testing session or beta was needed before launch. That said, some of the comments about Sid Meyer on the CivFanatics forums were over the top, practically blaming him for every evil since the Fall of Man. Serously, go to the CivFanatics forum and look at some threads from shortly after launch. The moderators eventually merged all the complaints into a single "rage" thread, from which comments were deleted once the thread reached maximum capacity. Some people literallly made a thread saying that Civ 6 would be a first-person shooter, because Firaxis hated their fan base. Since then, things have improved. Firaxis has announced the return of religions and espionage in their upcoming expansion, and many problems with the AI and general balance issues have been resolved through patching. In summary, Internet Backlash Syndrome is hardly limited to Blizzard, Starcraft 2, WoW, or Diablo 3. It is a phenomenon that pervades the Internet, sometimes legitimately but always vocally, and will probably probably remain an inevitable part of the gaming landscape in the future.Daerbon44 May 30, 2012
May 30, 2012 C:\WINDOWS "eating" folders I turned on my pc (win xp), for the first time today, at midday. To my suprise, it took a lot more time than usual to boot, and the theme was changed to windows classic (win98's), although I never downloaded custom themes (never chanced the Themes folder) and always kept the standard "Luna". I tried to get it back via preferences, but the theme wasn't there. I redownloaded to put it back in the folder, hoping to fix the problem. Surprise: the C:\WINDOWS\Resources (where themes are kept) just wasn't there. I made another one and tried to rename to "Resources", but it gave me an awkward error about "cyclic redundance". I tried to run scandisk, no problems found. Then i created another folder (to try renaming it, again), but its name was "new folder (2)" instead of "new folder" (which didn't exist in C:\WINDOWS). Poof, "new foder (2)" disappeared. I made a third one, which also disappeared. I made a fourth one and tried to rename it to "new folder (3)", giving back the "this folder already exists" error. I'll format this thing and put win7 in it once i get my hand on a boot CD, but anyway, does anyone know wtf is happening with the folders? Note: "Show hidden folders" is ON, so that can't be the problemHuMoDz3 May 30, 2012
May 29, 2012 Weird colors on StarCraft 1 SO today I updated the multipayer for the very first time the moment it finished all the colors messed up I mean ALL the colors on EVERY screen how do I fix this?RedRupture7 May 29, 2012
May 28, 2012 Processor issue, or Graphics card? I just recently bought SC2 and it runs terribly. My system meets the minimum specs, but it lags even on the lowest graphical settings. I have a HP Pavilion a6200n with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ running at 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150SE built in graphics, and a MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) motherboard running with 32 bit Windows Vista. I was wondering what I could cheaply do to upgrade it in order to play without lag on the lowest settings. I was thinking of getting the GeForce 8400 GS 512MB GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card. Will this clear up the issue, or is this a problem i can only fix with a processor upgrade?contracrow9 May 28, 2012
May 28, 2012 Will this GPU work? Hey I'm going to be buying a new graphics card today, or tomorrow and I just wanted to make sure that the gpu which I'm planning to buy will for sure fit in my mobo. The gpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521 My mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128495&Tpk=gigabyte%20z68ma-d2h-b3 I just wanted to ask because the gpu's requirements says a 2.1 x 16 pci slot but it looks like the mobo has 2.0 x 16s, my friend says it will still work but I just wanted some more opinions since its a pain to have to send it back and pay for shipping and then wait to get another one that will work. Thanks.FishMonger8 May 28, 2012
May 27, 2012 Quick Graphics Question Is a high quality 750W PSU able to power two HD6950s? I can buy an 850W but I don't look forward to paying extra. Thanks!Averik11 May 27, 2012
May 26, 2012 How do you get rid of Trojan.ZeroAccess.B? How? I have norton and everything I try to do it stays there. I found the file that has it in it but it won't let me delete it because it says I'm not an administrator even though I am.IMMvp7 May 26, 2012
May 26, 2012 Free MMORPG/MMORTS like the title says do any of yall know of good Free MMORPG/MMORTS??? specifically i'm looking for something like the War3: TFT Orc campaign....i really enjoyed that and would like to find something similar to thatxDRxCptHavok0 May 26, 2012
May 25, 2012 Lower then lowest settings? There any way to make the graphics even lower do we can play on old laptops? lolAegis7 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 Building New Computer, Will This Work? I currently have the Dell Dimension E520, had it for several years, but now I'm tired of this terrible lag and I believe it is finally time to move on. I think I'm getting a good deal here, however this is my first time building a computer of my own and I'm nervous that I am forgetting something here; HIS iCooler H775F1GD Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card $109.99 CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply $69.99 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL $42.99 BIOSTAR H61MGC LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard $49.99 Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I32100 $119.99 and a Broadway Com Corp A3728-Series A3728-Blue Glossy Black SECC Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $35.99 ------------------------------------ After I buy those I just put them together and move all my valued old memory onto my new computer? Also, would it be at all possible to save any money by using old parts from my Dell Dimension? Or is that thing just too obsolete. Any help greatly appreciated!Rapeling2 May 25, 2012
May 25, 2012 I challenge you to upgrade my laptop! http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/L650/L655D-S5050 this is my laptop, can i upgrade it in ANY way, i would like to know if any video card or ram upgrades could be used i have also heard some talk about ram u can put into a usb port is that viable? im off to work hope to see some good news when i get home!RealisM3 May 25, 2012
May 24, 2012 [Suggestion] WC1, 2 and Diablo 1 Digital DL Well I asked for opinion about this a long time ago and after searching a little I found some other threads asking for this and a looks that a lot of people would like this to happen: Classic Battle.net Forums http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=15859385870&sid=3000 WoW Forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657429217 WoW Forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3053676290 Starcraft 2 Forums http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2267589803 (Yes, this last thread is mine) I repeat I see a lot of people wanting this to become a reality so I won't ask again what do you think about this, I'm asking to Blizzard and the community if you think this is ever going to happen? - Maybe if a Blue could answer if this has ever been discussed? I would like to clarify some doubts: Warcraft 2 Bnet Edition and Diablo 1 should be able to run in Vista and 7 without using a DOS emulator (according to what I read), this is kind of logical since they are very similar to SC1. I only see problem with WC1, but maybe they can add an executable file/installer of an emulated version, I mean the game is pretty old how long could it take, they do almost the same for the Mac versions which is actually more complicated than a DOS version. Now, if Diablo and WC1 don't require a CD-Key maybe they can add it for free for those who add or already have Diablo 2/3 and Warcraft 3/WoW (maybe even the same with WC2 Bnet Edition), or sell a digital version I would buy it I'm not asking for free games :)DemonicLink8 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 StarCraft II's competitors? When it comes to ARPGs and MMOs, Blizzard doesn't lack competitors, i.e. Runic, Obsidian, BioWare, etc. In the 90s, there were such rivals as Westwood, Gas-Powered Games, Ensemble Studios... Nowadays, however, aside from maybe The Creative Assembly (Total War), I'm having trouble finding worthy alternatives to StarCraft. So who's competing with Blizzard for the RTS market now?JohnnyZeWolf7 May 24, 2012
May 24, 2012 Warcraft Hello folks, I am just sitting here, playing the original Warcraft series since my computer is a laptop and since it was a gift, has not a video card in it to play Diablo 3 8(. Nonetheless, this is the only forum I seem to be able to post in. It won't let me log on to the Warcraft forums so I will post this here. And maybe I will get some help from RTS pros too! Anyways, I started Frozen Throne up and I am completely stuck, playing hard on the Night Elf campaign. It seems that it is way harder than the other two besides the first and last mission of the Undead campaign and maybe closing the portals since I always seem to run out of gold. Here I am, playing the second mission The Lost Isles or something of the sort and I am getting my butt kicked by naga. I wonder is it because Huntresses were changed to Unarmored and take added damage from piercing? I mean I am seriously spending majority of the time protecting my base from the Naga flyers and always seem to lose troops to them. I guess I should throw in my play-style too. I am one who loves to save troops if I can. Granted I know it is on hard and I should lose some but I still try to save as much as I can. So any help? It just seems that The Frozen Throne really picked up in difficulty ThanksPreie1 May 24, 2012
May 22, 2012 pc games in 10-20 years? i was just wondering... it was such a monumental effort being able to play simcity 2000 in my current machine, i was never able to make theme hospital work, i could only play lemmings on a portable rom... lord of the rings 1 just can't be played on my pc... etc it's very different than the console games, you keep the console and you can play your games forever (my snes still works :D) ... but with a pc, i doubt that everyone just keeps their old machines around, i've been upgrading mine as needed since 7 years ago (it a completely different pc now xD) I've spent like a 1000 dollars on steam games, and i also have sc2 and diablo 3... and i'm pretty sure that not all the games will be playable by the time we have windows 12... will we just lose the games to the ages? what do you guys think of this?Sargas2 May 22, 2012
May 22, 2012 Graphics card for StarCraft 2 I am building a tower on a budget. i am currently looking at getting a AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card mainly because i could get a pretty sweet deal on it. Do you think i would be able to run starcraft 2 on ultra graphics? i will also have a amd 4100 quad core processer 3.6ghz. Thanks a bunch for the help./Papa1 May 22, 2012
May 20, 2012 What Graphics card should i get??? I want to get a new graphics card that can run Sc2 on High or ultra. im not very good with computers so if theres another other upgrades i need to do plz let me know. i have a Acer Aspire X1300 my budget is around $100Vekk14 May 20, 2012
May 18, 2012 Space Quest creators are making a new game The Two Guys from Andromeda, creators of the Space Quest adventure game series (from Sierra in the '80s and '90s), have opened up their Kickstarter campaign for their new space adventure game. And they've got some nice voice talent lined up as well, including: Robert Clotworthy – Jim Raynor from StarCraft 1 & 2, Senator Evran & Supreme Chancellor from Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Narrator of The History Channel’s Ancient Aliens series, Big Bang Theory, etc. Gary Owens - Narrator from SQ4 and SQ6, voice of Space Ghost, Laugh-in, and many many others in a long and distinguished career. Rob Paulsen - Pinky from Pinky and the Brain, Yakko from Animaniacs, Raphael the Ninja Turtle, and multiple characters from Monkey Island among many other characters he has voiced. Ellen McLain - GLaDOS from Portal 1 & 2, Overwatch from Half-Life 2, Administrator from Team Fortress 2, Witch from Left for Dead 2 and many more. John Patrick Lowrie - Sniper from Team Fortress 2, Sword Control from Halo Reach, Citizens from Half-Life 2 and author of Dancing with Eternity. Check out their Kickstarter now at: http://www.tgakick.com Also be sure to check out their website: http://www.guysfromandromeda.compcj0 May 18, 2012
May 17, 2012 Someone send me a scroll of resurrection. in wow tdcman92@yahoo.comThomas0 May 17, 2012
May 17, 2012 Need help with new processor Right now I have a AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz What im looking at upgrading to is AMD - FX-8150 3.60 GHz Processor - Socket AM3+ which is an octocore What my question is do you think my comp will be be able to handle this I have a AZZA cyberpower Thank you.MvpJIM17 May 17, 2012
May 17, 2012 It's Here! (D3) With the release of Diablo III, Customer Service has been swamped with tickets, phone calls, and negative threads about the game. I, however, am excited for the new game and hope Blizzard fixes any problems that they may have, with the speed and quality that Blizzard is known for (I know them that way). The reason this is on a Starcraft II forum is because: 1) I have yet to get Diablo III. 2) This has severely slowed down the rate in which tickets can be handled and phone calls can be answered. Hopefully soon everything will be back to normal. The best of luck to you Blizz.Frost6 May 17, 2012
May 17, 2012 How well will this help my computer run SC2? Currently I have a standard i5 processor, 4GB ram, a Radeon 6770. I can play the game smoothly with about medium/low graphics. I was just wondering, how big of a difference would it be if i upgraded to 8GB ram, and a i7 processor?Frosty7 May 17, 2012
May 17, 2012 Virus deletion problem So I downloaded Microsoft security essentials and it discovered some virus's so it says in order to clean them up you must restart your computer, so when I do that The comp gets this message saying "%hs file missing" Now this makes it so I have to recover from a recent download, so the virus never gets deleted. How do I get rid of this problem and get rid of the virus's?MvpJIM5 May 17, 2012
May 17, 2012 Diablo III - Bye SC2 !!!! Tomorrow Diablo III is coming and I like many others will be saying goodbye to Starcraft 2 until HoTs comes out!!! Great experience, will miss this community :(Gabz13 May 17, 2012
May 16, 2012 gtx 670 or radeon 7950? saince gtx 670 is 400$ and 7950 is 400$, i would like to know wich one is the best for the price (ordering tommorow so be quick!)BobTheHacker16 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 Laptops SSD I've been needing to get a new laptop for school since mine is like 5 and half years old and really just a pain to use lol. I have a gaming desktop so I don't need some awesome dedicated graphics card, but I'd still like to play a couple games even if it's on like medium (SC2, D3). Anyway, I thought I'd wait until SSD's became more prominent and slightly more affordable, I kind of like Lenovo, but I only saw a couple Lenovos that have an SSD and it's like $1500 which I'm not wanting to spend. I thought I'd buy it near the end of summer right before school starts again, so do you think they'll have laptops out with SSDs (I only need like a 200-250GB one) for like the $900 range? Within like 3 months? I'd think manufacturer's would really be pressing hard in transitioning to SSDs fairly soon but was wondering what you all thought. Thanks.FishMonger8 May 16, 2012
May 16, 2012 Recommendations for gaming gear. Being an Avid gamer i have been wearing down hard on my current gear. I currently have a logitech g510 keyboard and a logitech g500 mouse, but the keyboard is wearing starting to sqeak after only 5 months that i have owned it! Time for some new gamer gear guys! Post any advice/recommendations for Headset: Keyboard: Mouse: Mousepad: or anything else that you think that people may be interested in for those with money to spend and a gamers itch to tend!Plunderwondr13 May 16, 2012