Off Topic Dicussion

Feb 23, 2012 How to make it so i can play this game. My girlfriend just got a external heart drive for her mac (ya a mac -_-) because hers was full and she couldnt play sims. How can i transfer all of her stuff to the heart drive? She doesnt mind losing saves but i dont know how to run it through the new heart drive (macs -_-)RainyDays3 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Post your Computer rig! Hey guys, I seen a lot of computer talk here, but no actual thread of what computers we actually use. So post what you play on, custom built or not, here! I will admit I'm just entering the custom built world myself,ordering the parts for my first home-built PC yesterday ^_^. Can't wait to get my hands on it and build it. I've been playing on a Dell XPS laptop, but its seen its day, and can't even run sc2 on low without overheating within 20 minutes. Here's the parts for it: Corsair Graphite Series 600T case Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) ASRock P67 EXTREME4 motherboard CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX750 (CMPSU-750AX) 750W modular power supply EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB video card Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB RAM Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive Koutech IO-RCM621 All-in-one card reader ASUS 24X DVD Burner Linksys WMP600N PCI Wireless Adapter with Dual-Band Going to cost me around $870 after the 4th of july sales and mail-in rebates. I'm prepared to be completely blown away by maxxed out settings once this thing's done. All brought to me by good 'ol Newegg.com :D I'll be going to best buy soon to pick out a monitor I want. Looking for a 23" or 24" LCD/LED with 2ms response time. I'll eventually go dual screen, but that's for another time.Mav105 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 3D PC what his required for a 3d pc? like what glasses, monitor, graphic card? any1 know good build for 1400$ max? is it possible?PotatoHunter12 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Something about Metroid This might be random but does anyone think they should make you play as Ridley in the next Metroid Game? I mean Samus is cool and all but i wanna see our dragon friend more :D Like you fight against Humans and other things as you gain more power. Good idea? Or am I just being an idiot?UltraNoob8 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 23, 2012 Cooling Fans Hey everyone, this is probably a really stupid question, but are cooling fans suppose to be faced in the direction to blow toward or away from the mobo, cpu, gpu etc.? Over the summer I built my first desktop and I had a friend help me, and he's the one who put the fans in. It seems like the rear fan draws heat out of the case, and the front draws cool air in. Idk if he made a mistake or what, but I just got a new 140mm fan which I have to put on the side of the case and because of this I'm confused which direction to put it. Right now I have it blowing out of the case, is that right? ThanksFishMonger2 Feb 23, 2012
Feb 22, 2012 HEY! We made music for SC2- check it out! Check this out and let us know what you think! www.soundcloud.com/nova-sounds We write music for the games we love. -Nova SoundsChaos3 Feb 22, 2012
Feb 21, 2012 Decent earbuds? http://www.amazon.ca/Skullcandy-Inkd-Black-Earbuds-S2INCZ-034/dp/B003GIJTR8/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1329433320&sr=1-5 I found this and seem promising, but I heard skullcandy earbuds are overrated though so I am asking if these earbuds are worth the price or there is better ones. If this headphone sucked please suggest me a decent one but make sure its on Amazon.ca :DNeakoIzuhOG5 Feb 21, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 close lockqxpGodless0 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Gunnar optiks for 24 bucks for 12 more hours http://imgur.com/4FE9n image of selection on fab.com you register and get $10 credit ONLY FROM THIS LINK http://fab.com/vgbjzy gunnar optiks help you stare at screens all day erreday here is a picture for the non believersFuture1 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Dear Esther http://youtu.be/7xd8x5Esf48 This guy reviews it really well. I picked up this game for $10 on steam, it is brand new. If you have ever enjoyed a MYST game or anything similar, I recommend this for the immersion factor alone (since it literally has no puzzles). I'm on my 3rd play through trying to explore parts that I missed and piece together the story. If you have not played it and don't want to, I am still curious to see what you think after watching the review.Desukan0 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Why fix it when you can buy a new one? Okay so last September I learned a life lesson that may benefit you. Either way, I already know I'm stupid and I already fixed the problem. But this was my first /second custom desktop build :P gimme some slack. Leveled up from drone to zergling lol. http://grantnakagawa.blogspot.com/2011/09/computer-problems-holy-4.html Scroll down to the bottom to see the specs on my computer.Darkanthrax0 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 20, 2012 Dice is making 2143 guys! The LAST great battlefield game was 2142 anyone agree? Totally looking forward to 2143!SeriusBizNis0 Feb 20, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 Gaming Rig for 1k I can buy everything needed in http://www.newegg.ca/ (make sure its .ca) I can spend about 1k on it... I would need a monitor+case though mouse+keyboard can be handled by meNeakoIzuhOG1 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 Limited budget and needed a gaming computer. OK so i don't have anything good at all right now i am running everything at the lowest settings and it just pretty much sucks a lot and lags a little bit still sometimes. I only have a budget of $700 and my highest would be $800 I've looked at a couple of dell and I'm not quite sure where else to look but so far i really like what i have seen with the Alienware X51 i like the few perks it has and it is small... that is also nice because i don't have a lot of space right now. So any suggestions would be nice right now.Silver13 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 First YouTube Video Ever Hey I made my very first youtube video using windows movie maker. it shows off some gameplay from my app. any suggestions would be great :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLQFocjEqC4WadeArcade0 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 Stop Reading and Play Mass Effect 3 Demo I highly recommend this demo to anyone out there who hasn't tried yet. Yes, its on Origin, but I didn't have any problems with Origin (I don't know why people seem to hate it so much.) No I'm not a Bioware fan boy, I just really, really enjoyed the demo. The singleplayer is cool with more new powers. In multiplayer you have limited powers, but more teammates so still super fun.Elite2 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 Warcraft 2 Casting Deleted PostBru0 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 Teach me Technology I'm going to be applying at this Tech Store pretty soon, which doesn't have any education requirements, I'd still like to be a Technology gosu. Now, I don't mean just computer tech, I'm pretty savvy when it comes to Hardware, but I'm also interested in learning things such as what types of wires are used for what, differences in quality of cameras, and really anything you know about technology in general. Also, I only know about computer games and XBox games, so knowledge about the Nintendo and Sony systems would be amazing. (Nothing against those companies, just so happen to go with XBox) Thanks for making my knowledged :DGreasy12 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Rig to play on max settings with 60+ fps Hey guys, I recently made a rig I thought would play starcraft 2 on max settings with 40 - 60 fps at all times. I have: 3GHz quad core i5 Asus EAH6850 4 gig ram And my resolution is only 1440 x 900 While initially the FPS is great, in huge battles (particularly 2v2) I get down to 10 - 20 FPS. Is it my computer, or some setting I have? What kind of upgrades will I need to make in future to get what I want? Thanks very much.FoxTrap19 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 New equipment Hey ive got a job and im getting a new mouse and keyboard... can yall let me know of any that are really goodmatthew5 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 New Laptop So I just a few months ago finished my first desktop and am very happy with it, and really enjoyed picking out the hardware and putting it together, I'm so glad I did it yay! Anyway, I'm a college student and so for the next few months I'm going to try to save enough to buy a new laptop for school, since the one I'm using now is a good 4 years old and needs to be replaced. Since I'm playing most of my games on my desktop I don't really need anything very powerful for my laptop. The only games I'd like it to run would be SC2 (doesn't have to be ultra graphics) and possibly D3. But like I said I'll mostly just be using it for writing papers and web browsing. Since I'm not going to be buying it for about 5 months there's going to be different laptops on the market then there is right now, but what's a good brand? I heard Lenovo makes good Laptops. Also I'm someone who always likes having more RAM than I probably need on a computer, so would having 6gb be a waste if I'm pretty much not using this for gaming much? Like I've heard that HP laptops have a lot of problems with overheating does Lenovo have any commonly present problems with it's laptops? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246221 I figure something like this in 4-5 months should be very reasonable. Anyone else here have any other suggestions? ThanksFishMonger3 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 I'll just leave this here... If people are looking at a computer to play at extreme settings (even in customs aside from final battles of Desert Strike), but are unsure of parts... here's what i have currently to do this: 2x Seagate Barracuda 320 GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0 Gb/S (Purchased at $50/ea)* Set up in Raid 0 2x Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 HMz (Purchased at $115/ea)* LITE-ON 4x Blue-ray Reader (Purchased at $60)* MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 Motherboard (Purchased at $164)* Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1 GB (Purchased at $170)* AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE CPU (Purchased at $176)* Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (Purchased at $34, now $35) Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Purchased at $110, now $100 ASUS VW246H 24" 2ms response monitor (Purchased at $220, now $200) Cool Master Silent Pro 700W Power supply (Purchased at $110, now $90) Antec 900 Case (Purchased at $100, now $90) The parts with an "*" by their name are no longer stocked by newegg, which is where everything was purchased. For replacements to those, I'd recommend: Motherboard: With an AMD CPU get the bells and whistles since the boards are cheap anyhow nowadays. With intel I'm not qualified to answer. CPU: There's a couple AMD Phenom IIs available under $130, if the intel i5-2500K isn't in your budget. I'd by them OEM since stock fans tend to be under powered anyhow. Blue-Ray player: This is obviously optional. I usually just get the cheapest. To each their own. Hard Drive: I don't know... things in Thailand messed market up. My hard drive has actually gone up in value... RAM: Had a bad experience with the memory I bought, but now it's gone down in price significantly. There's 8 GB (4x 2GB) for about $50. I've heard Corsair and G.Skill are good brands. Video Card: There's a sapphire HD 6770 now available for $100. I'd go with that. I am still happy with the 5770 from them.CSmith7 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 What Total War game would you like to see? I'm sure many of you strategy fans enjoy the Total War series! What game would you like to see come from them next? I want World war 1 or 2!Tom2 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Laptop on a Budget I'm looking at upgrading from a desktop to a laptop. Though I'm hopefully aiming at a budget and was wondering if there is any good laptops at a budget lower than $700, and is capable running Starcraft 2 and other games like it without hiccups? If there's not a laptop under that budget, what desktop would you recommend under that same budget?Oblivion4 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Can this Computer run Sc2? I was wondering if this computer can run SC2 at minimum of High Graphics, and no lag. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229270 Please tell me if this meets the qualification, or if ther eis something that can Run SC2 with different system properties that are cheaper.! thank you!Frostwind9 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 I was just thinking... I was reading a magazine about gamepads for the future, and was wondering if it was possible to instead of having clickable buttons on a controller (Xbox, PS3). Why not have the buttons be touch sensitive? Like tap the buttons to get the desired functions instead of clicking them. What do you think? Will we be seeing this soon?Knox0 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Anyone know a good non-Blizzard RTS? Preferably one that has a decent online community and is at least making an attempt to be balanced. I was thinking Dawn of War 2, but I'm not sure which to get (Retribution, Chaos Rising, vanilla). Apparently Chaos Rising and Retribution are both standalones? I'm not really sure. Also Company of Heroes, which from what I read/saw is like Dawn of War in WW2 times. Anyways, anyone know any others?Delmin38 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 i5-2500k Core Temps Question Hey everyone, I built a new rig about two months ago. My CPU is an i5-2500k and I'm using a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo as the cooler. The motherboard is an ASRock Extreme 4 Gen 3. I have not overclocked anything yet, and I had a question about the temps Hardware Monitor is displaying for me. These are my idle temperatures. Core#0 26°C (78°F) Core#1 35°C (95°F) Core#2 25°C (77°F) Core#3 35°C (95°F) Package 34°C (93°F) I have not run any stress test programs like Prime 95, so all I have are these idle temps. I'll run some tests later and post those results. In the meantime, how are these temperatures? Did I do an okay job with setting the cooler? Let me know. I would like to make a moderate overclock if my temperatures are acceptable, something like 4ghz. Note: I used the thermal paste that came with the cooler. I have some arctic silver 5 (or the most common one I forget) around here somewhere. My friend told me I would only see virtually no difference so I just used the thermal paste that came with the cooler. I am also considering adding a second fan to the cooler, in a push-pull configuration. Worth the extra $10 do you think? Thanks again everyone!Schwartzwald1 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Selling Computer; Buyout Price Check? Hey, I'm thinking about selling one of my extra systems. I wonder what you guys think about a used price on a computer that's not even a year old. I built it for my girlfriend, but it turned out she likes laptops much more (enjoys sitting in the chaise while doing things). Here are the computer's specs; - 6 Core 3.2 (AMD Phenom II x6 Black Edition) - 16gb Ram (4x4 DDR3 G.Skill) - Motherboard (ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD) - 1tb Hard Drive (SATA 6.0gb/s 7200 rpm) - 1GB GDDR5 Grahpics (Radeon HD 6870) - DvD x24 Burner - 850W Power Supply (Corshair Enthusiast Series, 80 plus certified) - Windows 7 Home Premium - Full Size Tower (Thermaltake Element V Black Edition Steel Red/Green/Blue/Mix LED) (pic of tower: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133178) I can include an older mouse I had, an older keyboard, and 19' monitor if the buyer so desires (figuratively). Let me know guys, and thanks! :DYujiza2 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 To LoL players: I have never played League of legends, but I just watched a video of it's gameplay due to recommendation from a friend. But I just want to ask, aside from having worse graphics, what's the difference between LoL and SC2 Custom maps such as Storm of the Imperial Sand/Hero Attack?Mediocrates43 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 14, 2012 Anyone know this font plz help??? The font on the J does anyone know the name of it? Thanks in advance http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/jamesk.gif/ Thresher4 Feb 14, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Building my first computer! I am just curious what people think. Any advice would be appreciated :) Case - Antec Lanboy - http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0351738&gclid=CKjFv9aCmK4CFUff4AodyU3rHg Graphics Card - EVGA GTX 560 Ti DS - http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0365382 CPU - Sandybridge 2600k I7 - http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0354587 Motherboard - Gigabyte lga 1155 - http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0364085 Now all I need is a PSU, Ram, and a HDD. Wont be buying these parts till next week though. My ideas atm are... PSU - Antec Gaming Series - http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0361182 (I'm getting the 750w version) Ram - G.Skill Ripjaws (BC they support SC2 and the GSL!) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231402 HDD - No ideaSchweickart2 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Building my New Rig Hi guys! im buying all necessary for my new gaming rig. this is what i have (i still need to buy a couple of things CPU: Intel Core I5-2500k MOBO: Asus P8P67-M (need to be bought) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD6870 CPU HS-Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ RAM: Corsair 8 Gb DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair Tx650W (need to be bought) Case: TBD Anything you could help? :D .. what would you change?... (I'm a single GPU player, not thinking in crossfiring for now)ElvisTek11 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Trying to Set-Up HDMI And there's this 1 inch black margin bordering my display, is there a way to fix this? Also, I temporarily have switched back to DVI, since HDMI was just a little fuzzier, yet the border is still here. It wasn't here before hand.Greasy1 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 12, 2012 Need a $400 Laptop For a friend of mine, she plays SC2 every night for about 5 hours. Maximum graphics isn't a thing, just the best bang for her buck. Any takers?Greasy10 Feb 12, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 How does the SC community feel about CoD? Do you own any of the games? Do you play often? Which is your favorite?Archangel41 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Horizontal lines of doom? Heyo, recently my laptop has been experiencing these...lines across the screen. Just horizontal, black lines that won't go away. Depending on how much I tilt my screen, they can get better or worse, but they won't entirely dissappear anymore. I've had them for about a month, but they used to disappear with a little tilting action, but this is no longer the case and I'm getting worried of them now. I'm not terribly computer savvy-I can operate one fairly well, but I'm ignorant when it comes to parts and opening it up. Thanks for all your help! As a side note, if anyone has any idea how to improve my computers performance, that would be great. I can't play Star wars: The Old Republic past tattoine because my framerate drops to hell.Arlyne1 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Who makes the best quality laptops these days I'm talking about other than what's inside the computer. Screen quality Keyboard quality Battery life Laptop Cooling Higher quality not breaking plastic and of course, Price.FinalBoss17 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Computer for 1000-1250 my final decision is, i'll build myself part from newegg and make it myself. i know have even more money. Plz tell me a good build for 1000$ - 1250$ its to play all kind of game, not only sc2, so i need big thing :D saying, so far, i have a monitor. (only) so i need evrything else. also, include shippin. that why it get so high.PotatoHunter20 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Upgraded CPU but still low to zero fps... Hey I basically upgraded my entire m8457c hp PC but am seeing almost little to no difference in performance, it now has a GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboard, with AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 Ghz processor, and Geforce GTS 450 video card. I keep the original 5GB RAM, and hard drive. I see the same gaming performance as i had before and i don't know why. Everything has still been on the lowest settings and I would still get near zero fps in big battles... What's wrong with my CPU? Would over clocking help? If so how would I do it?Tieny35 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 CM Hyper 212 Evo - 1 fan or 2? This is my preferred choice for an aftermarket CPU cooler. Rated very highly, cheap and lightweight for coolers of this size. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099 Should I get an additional fan? Would it make any noticeable difference? No need to worry about RAM getting in the way; getting ones with low profile heatsinks.Hypersonic5 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 What is your opinion of Handhelds (3DS/Vita?) Do you like handhelds or do you think they are pointless since you can just play the games on a big screen? I personally love them. I currently have a 3DS and will be getting a Vita when it comes out. Besides just games, 3DS has a lot of cool downloadable stuff and features like netflix, 3D Camera/video, activity log, AR games etc. Plus it has games like SSFIV, Starfox, Zelda OOT, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil Revelations, Metal Gear Solid 3 (in like 2 weeks) and a bunch of stuff coming out like Paper Mario, Luigis Mansion, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts etc. I've played a Vita and it is an awesome system too. Touch controls work great, the screen looks amazing and the graphics look incredible. Dual analog sticks, so shooters will work well for once etc. Also LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Resistance, Bioshock etc. on the way. Also NEAR is really cool, cross game parties on a handheld is awesome as hell, trophies etc. I was just wondering what people think of the 3DS and Vita. Maybe it is just because I am on the go a lot, but I love having such awesome games on the go, even when I could play them with limited mobility on a big screen. I usually just PC game at home and 3DS and soon Vita on the go.Capslock1 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 What should i get to run starcraft better? New graphics card, new processor, what? I run vista, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz Memory: 3070MB RAM I can get about 30 frames of lowest settings, except textures on medium, but generally i play low low low, etc, because i record occasionally. What would you recommend? (let me know if you need any other stats, i'm not much of a hardware guy..)ConTact7 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 i got d3 beta and i can't post feedback in their forums lol, so unfair *sad face*Blackheart6 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 Star Wars the Old Republic dislike of WoW So I'm considering buying SWTOR to play for a few months to see how it plays and I ventured on their forums yesterday to see how they are. In many threads they compare SWTOR to the main MMO in the market, WoW. -However, this is the funny thing. Whenever they should say WoW, they say "the other MMO." LOL. They say "the MMO which shall not be named." I'm not poking fun at them or anything, but how could you dislike WoW so much so as not to even write its name on a forum? I only played WoW for 3 months a few years ago, but I still think its a great game. -I just don't understand why all the bashing and disliking of similar games is going around.Cajuntiger13 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 College Okay, so I am going to college, and with college comes a laptop, I would LOVE to not only have a laptop that gets all of my basic college needs done, but at the same time, I want to have an AWESOME stream on twitch.tv with great quality, I want my fps to be awesome, and I want to play on pretty good graphics settings, with all of that being said, should I go alienware? Will they only be good for gaming as opposed to school as well? Tell me what kind of computer, or specs I should be looking at, and the cost this will probably run me. -Thanks so much, GrizzlyGrizzly22 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 dilemma Hey everyone First off a little introduction/story/background so you understand where im coming from and hopefully see from the angle im see things from First of all, my names doug walch, im 18 years old, i live with my parents at home, i am a highly functioning autistic child. I have gone through alot in my live, i have even been bullied into considering suicide because i am "different" was the reason the kids gave. I didnt because, when i thought about doing it, i would think about the people im leaving behind and the people i have yet to meet. Now i love my parents DEARLY i would die if it would save them. people often tell me "why dont you move out and away from your parents" or they say something like "LOL YOUR LIVING WITH YOUR PARENTS YOUR A VIRGEN NERD YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE" or a bunch of other mean stuff, i tend to just shrug it off, and the reason i dont move away is because i love them too much (dont worry ill get to the point of this story soon). On my 18th birthday my parents got me a laptop, its just a simple intel core i3-370m processor 15 in screen, 500gb HDD, 4gb ram. My mom and dad bought it for me even though they couldnt afford to pay it all off. (my family is having financial difficultys because my dad broke his back almost 4 years ago) Now im considering buying a custom built desktop, and when ever i talk to my parents about it, i almost have the feeling that they are a little dissappointed in me, for getting a better PC than the one they got me, now i love them too much to go and buy one if they think that i dont like this PC, and thats not it, i LOVE it, i have been using it for almost 1 year now, its been able to run every game i play. Now my question is, am i worrying about hurting my parents feelings for nothing over getting a new PC and i shouldnt worry about hurting them and just buy a better PC, or are my feelings towards them right, and if i do get a btter computer will they be dissappointed in me? Thank you for all the responses!Fate10 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 9, 2012 New Keyboard Problems I recently bought a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 from Newegg. Everything works fine on it but for some reason the "2","4","5","6","+", and "enter" key aren't working on the numpad. Has anyone else had this problem? What should I do about it? I re-installed the drivers and everything and set the keyboard back to it's default setting. I really don't want to send it out to have it replaced or what-ever, I've only had the thing for a few hours =(.Averik0 Feb 9, 2012
Feb 8, 2012 Advice on new computer 3.4GHz Intel Core i7 2600K Processor with Liquid Cooling Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full Version CD - 64 bit 16 GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory 2TB Hard Drive 24X DVDRW drive Nvidia N550 GTX-TI 1GB GDDR5 Video Card 10/100/1000 Network LAN 6-channel 3D Premium Surround Sound Available drive bays left: External four 5.25, one 3.5; Internal two 3.5 those are the specs of a computer I am purchasing for my "gaming unit" Ive always been a sony loyalist but I have discovered over the past few years pc is the "master race" anyway I figure It will run starcraft 2 a lot better than my i5 processer 640 hard drive 6 gb ram laptop does with a ati mobility radeon hd 6370 does. As i am someone who is becoming a avid starcraft 2 player and a moderate star wars the old republic player i was wondering if you guys think this is a wise purchase? itll run me about 1k. just looking for some advice, thanks in advanceEarthMover22 Feb 8, 2012
Feb 6, 2012 Help upgrade my comp!!! processor 2.50 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core 64 kilobyte primary memory cache 2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache 64-bit ready Multi-core (2 total) Not hyper-threaded Main Circuit Board Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G41M-ES2L Bus Clock: 200 megahertz BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F1 02/03/2009 Display ATI Radeon HD 4650 [Display adapter] Hanns.G HW173 [Monitor] (17.2"vis, s/n 738NH3NA00900, September 2007) Drives 320.07 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity 112.92 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H54L [Optical drive] 3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive] Disk drive -- drive 5 Disk drive -- drive 4 Disk drive -- drive 3 Disk drive -- drive 2 Generic STORAGE DEVICE-A USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1 WDC WD3200AAKS-00L9A0 [Hard drive] (320.07 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WMAV29144418, rev 01.03E01, SMART Status: Healthy Multimedia ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01 Realtek High Definition Audio ok people I got $300 to upgrade this . Can anyone help me pretty plzzz? now i know that there will be few that say my comp needs a whole revamp BUT i can play SWTOR on low settings and Sc2 on high settings. A tech guy told me once all i need to do is upgrade my processor and graphics card for a 40% boost in gaming experience. However I cannot get a hold of him and I don't know how to judge hardware compatibility thru newegg.enVtheUSA4 Feb 6, 2012