Off Topic Dicussion

Jan 11, 2012 What GPU is required to run sc2 on high? I am currently in the market for a new laptop. I want to be able to play sc2 on high smoothly. I looking at 2GB Discrete GDDR5 Graphics AMD Radeon. Is that a good enough GPU?? I can afford either i5 of i7 but that shouldn't make a huge difference with sc2 right. Do I need to get a NVIDIA NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M or better ??funnyfinn4 Jan 11, 2012
Jan 11, 2012 Building a computer $500-$600? Okay, so im looking to build a computer (my friend is going to help me build it, hes built a few computers on his own). This is really just a placeholder computer as im in my senior year of high school with no real time for a job, so im just planning on spending around 500-600 dollars on this computer. It is just a placeholder until the summer when i can actually get a rob and raise some money. Im not looking to make anything super pro, just something that can run games like WoW/Skyrim/SC2 on at least mid-range graphics. Is this possible? Can any1 help me come up with a specs list? I have absolutely no knowledge on this kind of thing, so i really am just reaching out to the community. I know i am asking for a lot, please refrain from posts that tell me i should get more money before doing this Thanks a bunch guys.Shikipride8 Jan 11, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 Want to buy a headset, I require assistance. As I have only recently begun skyping so I never felt a need to have a mic until now. I have borrowed one to skype for now. But I'm looking to buy. So if you have a headset can you tell me what you think of it and what you would recommend when buying one? What kind of local stores would carry good headsets? Fairly well known places please. Links and sites are appreciated.Kelsier0 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 SW:TOR A Huge Disappointment If you have not bought this game yet, my advice to you is to hold off on it unless you're really bored. The game has some really fun aspects, such as some of the story at the start, and some of the class story-lines in general, but overall, the game is not very fun. It feels recycled, rushed, and not complete. - There's not much end-game content at all. - Getting to level 50 is fairly quick, and I did it within 1 week with relatively moderate playing. I did not rush my way by any means. - Warzones feel stale after a few days, and have much less replay value than WoW battlegrounds. - Voice chat can make some quests feel like a chore. I do not want to listen to a 5 minute lecture just to ultimately go collect some womp rats for some woman. just my $0.02.Vorps14 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 10, 2012 nvidia gt 240 for starcraft 2 Hello all, I am going to buy me a low-cost computer to play starcraft 2. It comes with a Pentium E6700 @ 3.20 GHz and a pretty beefy 300W PSU (at least as far as 300W psu's go, it has 18a on the 12v rails which is not bad for a $300 computer) and a pci express x16 slot. I am looking to upgrade to a dedicated graphics card but am on a budget and don't want to go overkill. I don't want to replace the PSU and would like a solid, low-end card that can play sc2 on High with smooth framerates. Nvidia says they recommend a 300 w psu for the gt 240 and I can get one on sale for around $35 at tigersdirect.com. I found a youtube video of a guy with a gt 240 graphics card playing on ultra and was surprised to see such a low-end card playing so seamlessly. I was wondering if anyone who has used this card could give me some feedback. I can play very smoothly on low or acceptably on medium with my crappy integrated graphics on my compaq presario laptop with an E-series and integrated graphics so anything would be an improvement over what I have! I only play 1v1 and 2v2 so I don't care if it can handle big 4v4 battles. The resolution I'll be playing at is 1440 by 900. Here is the video I was looking at..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQSE8bfVbbY Thanks for any feedback you can give. Also, anyone with experience using this CPU? It's got a good clockrate but its not a very high-end CPU. SC2 isn't a demanding game and I don't want to overdo it, at the same time I'm looking for solid performance on high and COULD go for a 9800 gtx and a psu upgrade if I had to. I'd rater save my money if the GT 240 can take this game though. KwangHwaSu5 Jan 10, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 RROD (Red Ring of Death) I'm sure that many people have had this happen to them with their 360s. Have any of you NOT had to deal with a RROD? I've had my 360 since March 2009. I got the red, limited edition one by the way. I had to get it for Resident Evil 5. (Yes, I now know, the game is rubbish) but at the time I was excited because I'm a RE geek. Anyway, there has been no problems with it whatsoever. I look at people who can't even take care of their expensive electronic equipment and they always complain that it stops working. The first excuse is that it's the developer's fault, blah, blah, blah. Yes, I understand the reasoning behind that but I find it impossible to blame the developer for every RROD that happens. Another thing I hear is that, well, "you don't play your xbox as much as I do". I respond that I play more than enough and for some reason, it STILL runs flawlessly. I'd love to say I'm a lucky son of a gun but in reality, i take GREAT care of my equipment and that's the reason why my xbox has been running smoothly this whole time. Imo, people need to take better care of their stuff.Umbrella3 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Star Wars Battlefront 3! I think I've found it! Seriously! I feel the need to tell someone! Here goes, brace yourself for this might get ugly/confusing. So all companies that have tried making Battlefront 3 have either failed or crashed because of money, Pandemic (bankrupt), Free Radical (bought by Crytek), Rebellion (never made the right game). So you would think since Free Radical got bought by Crytek that the Crysis gearheads must have some say in it right? Wrong! LucasArts is was trying to find a new developer worth trying out for the project and I think they found one. What company is that you ask? It's a little firm in California called Spark Unlimited. http://www.sparkunlimited.com/index.html If you read some of the job descriptions carefully it says things like: "We are in production on an unannounced high-profile, popular game sequel for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC release." "The Senior Combat Designer will be responsible for collaborating on developing game design systems, AI behaviors, player mechanics, and game balancing, tuning and timing for a third-person action shooter on current-gen consoles." "As an experienced senior character artist, you will work together with the character and animation groups to create the best looking creature, human and non-organic character models to life." non-organic = robots = droids? Could be ghosts/energy beings but it clearly says sci-fi So what other game has been released before that has robots, is really popular with a critical audience, and it's third person. O also, the company's wiki isn't long but read the last line. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spark_Unlimited "Spark unlimited is currently developing their fourth game, a 3rd Person Action-Adventure based on a high profile Sci-Fi IP, for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC, according to recent job postings at LinkedIn. The game will be powered by Unreal Engine 3. Many people speculate it is Star Wars: Battlefront 3" Also, get a load of this! The game engine that Spark is using for supposedly BF3 is the Unreal 3 engine. Look at this on the Lucasarts website itself! http://www.lucasarts.com/company/release/news20110426.html I've heard that they (LucasArts) like things happening at the same time too. Guess when the blue-ray trilogy releases? September 16! http://www.starwars.com/themovies/saga/preorder_bluray/index.html If we don't see something by then I think I'm going to cry a little. I am a SC2 fan too, but I've played Star Wars before I ever heard of SC.CaptainHelo4 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Good rts+fps games? I'd like to play games that are both genres (rts/fps), but I don't know any good titles The only one I know is pretty old, I can't even launch it windowedHuMoDz5 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Recording HD on a mac Hello, I was wondering if there was any good software such as Fraps, that is compatible with the mac to record HD game play and commentary? Thanks. TommyLove1 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 What Mouse was MMA using during Blizzard Cup? Title.DzK0 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 8, 2012 Starcraft 2 at max settings Will this card run sc2 at max settings at about 60 -100 fps? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121424xXSegaXx8 Jan 8, 2012
Jan 7, 2012 Looking for a new keyboard Interested in buying a mechanical keyboard. I have ideas in mind, but the problem I have is my hands are small. Are there any keyboards out there with the function keys closer to the 1-0 keys and a similar size/spacing. I just hate how every keyboard places function keys in awkward positions with awkward sizes and spacing. Any ideas? Also would you guys recommend blue, brown, or black cherry keys?Chimera3 Jan 7, 2012
Jan 7, 2012 SC2 > MW3,COD IN CoD and MW3. 4 things are determined by who wins. 1. He who shoots first (this is by far the least important of the 3) 2. Equipment (which is attained by level, the gun makes the player.) 3. Map knowledge (possibly the most important, The ability to exploit areas that are advantageous) 4. Camping ability (By far the most needed "skill" in MW3. all you need to do is find a corner then wait to shoot anyone who comes into your sights.) All in all it makes for a horrible multiplayer. EDIT: i made this thread in response to the MW3 > SC2 threadKingCrAZee15 Jan 7, 2012
Jan 7, 2012 minecraft help o.o so i recently bought Minecraft and its a really great and :D. but im all confused... like i have a question, where does Yogcast/bluexephos get those special map like the ones they show on youtube for example: "deep space turtle chase." and how do you create your own server? i downloaded the thing on the website to create a server but i don't understand it -_- and does minecraft have a forum? o.oMelody3 Jan 7, 2012
Jan 7, 2012 Razer Imperator vs. Razer Specter I'm wondering which would be the better mouse for Sc2? http://store.razerzone.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=razerusa&Locale=en_US&ThemeID=26460500&Env=BASE&productID=199816600 vs. http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/ThemeID.26460500/productID.171793100 or does it just come down to personnel preference? Also does the Razer Mamba have anything besides wireless capabilities that make it 40$ more? PS - If you have a suggestion for a different mouse that's better than either of these two please feel free to suggest it.Valor10 Jan 7, 2012
Jan 7, 2012 PSU help i just ordered http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233 and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561 and like a dumbass didn't do much research on my current PSU. Was wondering if this unit will do for now till i have the means to replace it when tax money comes. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817339009 thank you for any feedbackSuperunknown4 Jan 7, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Need a $100 gaming headset Keep in mind I wear glasses, so big ear cuffs is a plus. (Otherwise the metal from of the glasses and the cuffs will pinch my ear :( ) Reaver7 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 HD Radeon 7970 Okay so I am thinking about this HD Radeon 7970 graphics card as it is coming out in a few days. The benchmarks that have been shown have been amazing, and it tops out every other card out there except the hd 6990 and gtx 590. My question is -How long do cards like this usually keep a steady fps with games getting more gpu intensive every year? By this I mean if I buy this expensive gpu, will I have to upgrade again in like 1 year, 1.5 yr, 2 years...? Here is my system I just bought myself from Newegg -CPU-i5 2500k http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072 (yes I know ivy bridge comes out in April but estimated 10-15 increase in cpu performance doesnt appeal to a 3 or more month wait) -Motherboard- ASrock z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271 -RAM-Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Low Voltage http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233199 -PSU-Pc power and cooling silencer mk III 600W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703036 -CPU cooler- Cooler Master Hyper N 520 92 mm http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103057 -other stuff is just case, standard hard drive and dvdrw and other stuff not rly important to gpu Price is somewhat of a concern as the gpu is $550 (not a huge concern though). I want to buy it but is it a better idea to buy a cheap hd 6870 and wait for the price to drop on 7970? (which it may never do) Thank you for reading wall of text.Cajuntiger3 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Battlefield 3 So... I haven't touched Starcraft 2 in a while and have been spending my time with Skyward Sword and Battlefield 3. I want to ask people on what the best relatively cheap mic is? I feel like a mic is almost necessary for me to have a consistent source of fun since unfortunately playing with randoms is a bit of a 'hit or miss' deal. I also want to ask about your thoughts on the state of the game if you happen to have it. And for people who haven't or anyone really, how's life treating you? Oh, btw, I'm a PS3 Battlefield 3 player so my experience will differ from those who play it on PC. I'm jealous of PC Battlefield 3 players but damn my old computer? :PYearOfThePig1 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 Sony Vaio 15.5" e series I just got my new laptop in the hope it could trash my old one with better graphics. It has an i5 core processor and an intell graphics 3000. Does any one know if this is sufficient for playin sc2? i will post additional info if asked...ANSRHyperion16 Jan 6, 2012
Jan 5, 2012 New Computer http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/cyberpowerpc-cyberpowerpc-gamer-dragon-amd-phenom-ii-x6-1055t-computer-gda8200-english-gda8200/10170692.aspx?path=78583e77e06d1114b0bb44a0bac55715en02 Would this comp be able to run low settings with high fps? Like 70-100? Consistently? Thanks. And please dont tell me about building my own computer because i honestly dont want to do that. Thanks :DNeurotic11 Jan 5, 2012
Jan 4, 2012 Headset suggestion? Hey I am looking to get a headset for gaming that I can use so I can play while my room mate doesnt want sound on. I do not really know much about headset and was looking for one that has some sort of surround sound but read most headsets that say that do not actually have good surround sound at all. I am looking to spend around 50-60 dollars probably but if the quality is worth it i would be willing to spend more then that. Edit: Oh forgot to mention I would also like to have a mic in the headset.Thadis3 Jan 4, 2012
Jan 4, 2012 Starcraft Commentary Hey there the names Brandon and i just started doing starcraft 2 commentary. If you wanna check it out come to my youtube channel. I also to playthroughs and gameplays on alot of games. http://www.youtube.com/user/thehohox3 I do any commentary from the pro's to noob cheese xD. I even do my own games sometimes. If you have any replays i should just email me at brandonho5@gmail.com or msg met at youtube. so yea come check me out xDHohoxS0 Jan 4, 2012
Jan 4, 2012 Processor wars... who is better now? Hello, I haven't been a big buyer of computers since it was AMD XP vs Intel Pent 4 but I was wondering about the state of processors asthey are now. I guess I am curious, because in 2 or 3 year when my computer tragically melts I am going to have to get a new one. At that time, AMD was more economical per unit of performance and Intel was more expensive. But I also recently bought a new computer with an i7 CPU so that I can play games. But I didn't really focus on the state of the processor development market. I have seen that, on pricewatch.com, there arent many expensive AMD CPUs, which leads me to believe they have fallen way far behind (if I remember correctly, to way back when, AMD was first to make 64 bit and this was gonna be big, but then I stopped gaming/caring). So who is better now?Isaac8 Jan 4, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 2 minute survey on mobile phones Hi all, I'm testing out some new software that we're using for work and i put together a little survey that we're doing on mobile phones. Greatly appreciated if you can take the survey (real answers please) and if you ahve any feedback on the questions themselves or the design of the survey. Survey can be found here: https://surveys.qualtrics.com/SE/?SI...DwXeZqZeXPfdKQ The survey is hosted on www.qualtrics.com and this is not spam or a trap or anything of the sort :) Thank you much!SeanCarlos0 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 League of legends this game is so boring, I hate everyone trying to make comparisim with Starcraft 2 ! LOL; where the noob,unskilled gamers all go! ¯\_(LOL)_/¯Ike18 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Video Card question Is a nvidia gtx 460m 1gb gonna run sc2 with good quality (ultra settings) and good amount of fps or will i only be able to play like on medium-high settings to mantain fps on a high number? thanksTunzak3 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 New laptop, was this the best choice? I just ordered a new laptop and i wanted to play SC2 on the highest graphics possible. So i was just wondering if this laptop was a good choice, the computer wont get to me until another 2 weeks. XPS 17;XPS Processor: 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.50 GHz Memory: 12GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Keyboard: Standard Keyboard - English LCD: 17.3" FHD (1080p) 3D Display with 2.0MP HD Webcam Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M 3GB graphics with TV Tuner Hard Drive: 500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive Color: Elemental Silver Aluminum Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit, English Integrated Network Adapter: Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card Adobe Reader: Adobe® Acrobat® Reader CD ROM/DVD ROM: Tray Load Blu-ray® Triple Writer (reads and writes CDs, DVDs, BDs) Sound: JBL 2.1 Speakers with Waves Maxx Audio 3 Wireless Plus Bluetooth: Intel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6230 and Bluetooth 3.0 Office Productivity Software (Pre-Installed): Microsoft® Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word and Excel w/ ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook Anti-Virus/Security Suite (Pre-installed): McAfee SecurityCenter, 15-Months Battery: 90 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery Hardware Support Services: 1 Year Basic Support Peace of Mind: DataSafe 2.0 Online Backup 2GB for 1 year Mobile Broadband: No Mobile Broad Band SelectedGrievous7 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Laptop graphics card What would be a good graphics card for my laptop? I currently have the ATI Radeon 5470. I would like something that can possibly run Sc2 on ultra? I'm not interested in price range at the moment, I just want to see some options. Thank you in advance. :)Umbrella18 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Last Day For Steam Sales Okay I know I already made one thread about it a week ago or so but today is the last day. I just scored Skyrim, Left 4 Dead 2, GTA IV, and Bioshock 1 and 2 for $60 total. Heck of a deal if you ask me. I basically bought Skyrim and got 4 old games for free.Cajuntiger1 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 1, 2012 New Build, will it work? New to this, but will these specs work for sc2? how well? amd phenom II X4 970 Quad 1tb hard drive 8gb ddr3 ram 1gb radeon hd6670 gddr5 thanks =DParahSalin8 Jan 1, 2012
Jan 1, 2012 Instead of "WoW 2"... Give us StarCraft Universe! I unsubbed from WoW, but I'd pay $100 for a Sci-Fi MMO that was heavily centered around the endgame experience and had "3" factions!Reaver8 Jan 1, 2012
Jan 1, 2012 will that run max graphic with high fps? (50+ CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive) MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Kingston HyperX) MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard LucidLogix Virtu and Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID,2 3 PCIe Gen2, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 3CI (All Venom OC Certified) SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+0] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA) already have a copy of windows 7PotatoHunter7 Jan 1, 2012
Dec 31, 2011 Looking For Budget Gaming Mouse / Keyboard Alright I got a gift card to eBay for $50.00. I can't spend over. I'm looking for a decent gaming mouse OR keyboard that I can buy. Limit is $50.00. I'd prefer a mouse. I was looking at the Razer Spectre, which I thought looked pretty cool. I realize there are probably mice just as good as the Razer Spectre that aren't advertised as a "gaming" mouse so any mice suggestions are fine. I'm looking for something with buttons that I could hotkey for in game play. I want two buttons, but if it has to be, just one button is fine. Remember this can be from eBay only :(. I saw some decent ones on Newegg that run for more on eBay.painTRAIN6 Dec 31, 2011
Dec 31, 2011 Warhammer 40k Space Marine review! Come check out my review for Warhammer 40: Space Marine! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Clgv1pv6SE Thanks for watching - Hope you enjoy! UVXwarCatUVXwarCat3 Dec 31, 2011
Dec 30, 2011 Is there a "Thin" version of this keyboard? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109191&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Keyboards-_-Microsoft-_-23109191 So that keyboard in another thread and I simply must have a gaming keyboard now. The only problem is I can't stand using keyboards that have very tall keys (You know, standard key height) I'm only used to thinner keyboards. Theres an infamous Mac Keyboard I see from time to time that's paper thin, and I don't like that either. Something in between that mac keyboard and a standard keyboard. Anyone know of anything? I know I'm confusing lol...Reaver1 Dec 30, 2011
Dec 30, 2011 Skyrim Ok I'm calling it right now. Skyrim isn't going to live up to the hype, I am choosing not to buy it (for 1 because I'm not blowing 60 bucks on it, 2 my comp can't run it, 3 it's going to be buggy or stupid or both) Pluto29 Dec 30, 2011
Dec 30, 2011 Newegg, do you purchase warranty? im gonna buy from newegg for first time... and i'd liek to know if the warraty is safer, (for 1 years) You guys alrdy broke something you buys (desktop comp.)? i know thers a 30 day refun warranty, but i wanna be sure, cause im buying soemthing arouns 1000$PotatoHunter20 Dec 30, 2011
Dec 30, 2011 Zotac Nvidia GTX560 not working? I got this new graphic card for boxing day, but it when I install it into my computer, windows won't boot, and the screen is blank. The card's fan seems to functional as well. Any solution to this? Can't seem to find it on google. I'll be more then happy to provide any additional information.Powa4 Dec 30, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Purchasing a new graphics card So about 4 months ago I built a new gaming rig. The only thing is that I ran out of money to get exactly what I wanted (lol) and the only thing I wasn't able to buy was my graphics card. Lately I've been having to play the games that I can that can run of my mobo's graphics (which surprisingly handles SC2 pretty well). Anyway I can buy my graphics card now, I've been planning on getting a Radeon 6870, but I just found out today that the Radeon 7xxx series is suppose to come out Jan 9th. I'm going to wait for the 7xxx series to hit since I figure the 6xxx series will lower in price. Now I'm not the most savvy person when it comes to computer hardware so I want to ask should I just pick up a 6870 still or should I dish out the extra cash for the 6970? I mean, how much better is it? This is assuming the pricing will drop at least $70 on the 6970 otherwise it will be too pricey and I'll just go for the 6870. Thanks for any suggestionsFishMonger6 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 New laptop (drivers) Hi, I got a new laptop for x-mas and was wondering how to update the drivers on it. It's a Toshiba satellite but I don't know where to go to get the drivers and how to install them any help would be much appreciated thank-you.kyuubi1 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Fluctuating internet speeds Whenever I download Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition I recently purchased on Stream my internet randomly stalls. Any advice? Edit: speed tests are normalEragon4 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 new CPU worth it? atm i have a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103903 My MoBA is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131656R is it worth upgrading to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103894 or is there a better amd cpu i should consider.I know most will say go intel im just trying to save a few bucks and trouble atm by keeping the moba i haveSuperunknown1 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Graphics card upgrade for stock computer My computer is a stock gateway DX4200-09 Here are the specs AMD Phenom X4 9100e / 1.8 GHz Quad-Core, 64-bit 4.0 GB of ram hard drive: 1.0 x 640.0 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-300 - 7200.0 rpm video card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 video memory: 256.0 MB my monitor is dope and is capeable of super high resolution, but it's not neccesary. Basically, I play a ton of starcraft, but I really don't care how it looks. I do not need to run this game on ultra, 3d units, or with physics. I do not need ultra high resolution. I really don't care. The game never crashes or freezes ever, it simply just has a poor frame rate. The more units on the screen, the worse it becomes. MOST custom games are completely unplayable. 4v4 is unplayable. 3v3 is bearable which is what I play most, but gets bad on 200v200 battles or whatever. It effects my performance, which is all I care about. I just want my game to have a high frame rate, and be responsive, even on low graphics settings, since it can't even do this now. Any ideas? WackyDelly9 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Computer StartUp Time. Hey i was fiddling with my startup for my comp because after i downloaded and installed some drivers my comp seemed slower (cant prove it just seems longer) so after changing a few things on my Windows 7 laptop from pushing the power button to typing my password in to being able to use my computer it takes 1.13. Is that good/normal if not what can i do?Insomniac11 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Is this Hard Drive a good deal? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136950Reaver2 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 SWTOR - 1vs1 Battle So there I am, trying to mind my own business, when some Republic Jedi guy named Siujioh tries to gank me. Being that we are both level 40, an epic battle ensues, I am Merc specced healer. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSP6AeCK9cTerrito0 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Last Check In Before I Buy Everything NewRig Here are the links to the exact items (Or scroll down, I'll post everything later) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271 - MOBO http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072 - CPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161372 - GPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104244 - RAM x 2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065 - CPU Cooler http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817194086 - Power Supply (I know the 7000 serious is coming out soon, I'll just buy it then) So there's the exact items that are linked, and here is a few of my questions I have about this stuff. (((<<<WARNING>>>))) ---------------------------- This is my first time building my own computer so please be patient with me, I've been learning EVERYTHING from scratch. ---------------------------- (((<<<WARNING>>>))) ___________________________________________________________________________ So my first question is how well do Radeons and Intel CPU's work together? I hear things about other GPU's being more compatable with Intel Technology, but will it make a significant difference? And if so, could someone link me to another, equally affordable GPU? ___________________________________________________________________________ Second question: How does getting an operating system for a brand new computer work? Do I really have to fork out an extra $199.99 for Windows 7? I occasionally glanced at the website but that's for upgrades only, and this is all going into a brand new computer. I'm probably going to end up recycling my hard drive, so should I just upgrade? I'm at a total loss when it comes to this ___________________________________________________________________________ Third Question: I'm attempting to build a great gaming machine. I visualize myself streaming and some day casting and uploading videos onto YouTube, so will any part of my current build hinder my progress towards being able to do that? ___________________________________________________________________________ Fourth Question: Does a CPU Cooler come with it's own gel that attaches it to the CPU, or do I have to buy that seperate as well? ___________________________________________________________________________ Final Question: Does anyone know of any equally good or even the same Hardware, but on another site, or another section of the site that is more affordable or compatable with this current build? ____________________________________________________________________________ Thank you SO MUCH for helping me out with this (whoever does help me out) Please, if you want to invite me to Vent or something and talk about it I'd be more than happy to listen to you teach me about computers. Thank you!!! ====_________________________System Specs____________________________==== :::ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard::: (((MOBO))) :::Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K::: (((CPU))) :::HIS IceQ X Turbo H695QNT2G2M Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity::: (((GPU))) :::Kingston HyperX 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3/4G::: (((RAM x 2))) :::COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7::: (((CPU Cooler))) :::ENERMAX NAXN 82+ ENM750AWT 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply::: (((Power Supply))) ====__________________________________________________________________==== Like I said, first time building my computer. I've already purchased the MotherBoard, CPU, and Case, as I know those will all work fine so far. I'm just looking for any problems before I dump more money into this project, thanks :DReaver4 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 A short review on SWTOR. SWTOR is like gears of War, not extremely revolutionary and does have its faults, but its level of polish and detailed execution makes it one of a kind. "SWTOR IZ WOW WIT LIGTSABERZ"- Both right and wrong, yes it may be the same basic Traditonal EQ style, but it is a lot more fast paced and kinetic than WoW. In swtor animations are so much more detailed and not as repetitious (WoW has like 8 animations for 124324145123451 different spells), and they feel like every move matters, you see sabers collide, the falling down motions feel lifelike, you actually HIT the character with sabers or lasers. This game I can comfortabely say is better than its predessors (EQ, WOW, RIFT) in every aspect, except UI (that will change when they soon allow addons). Another thing I constantly hear is that the graphics are bad, well define bad, it isn't the highest fidelity game in the world (but that's a good thing, more subscriptions), though the character models look a bit cartoony, the environmental artwork and the artwork on gear and weapons are all very impressive so the graphics will age well. Overall this is a very polished and very well done MMO, its faults are small and insignificant and easily fixed, and this game will only get better as it goes on. Do not blow this game off because you have a distaste for WoW or are tired of that game, you would be surprised how many I hear in general chat talking about they have always hated MMOs before this game and how their WoW subscriptions are going in the toilet. Give this game a shot, it is a very good game with the potiental to be a amazing game later on.eeeK2 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Help before deciding on a gift [laptop] Will this run Starcraft 2 with a stable frame rate? The gfx benchmarks on other sites put it at around 30fps on medium, but I could manage playing on low. ... I'm mainly concerned about the processor, I don't know much about it, but what I do know is that SC2 will only take advantage of two of the 4 cores. If not, can anyone point me to a laptop 500 and under that will run it on medium?OVkhaz9 Dec 26, 2011