Off Topic Dicussion

Jul 21, 2015 Swarm Hosts...what's the trick behind them? They seem extremely overpriced for what they do. The concept is really cool, but spawning 2 locusts briefly every minute just doesn't seem worthwhile when they can be blown up so fast. Is there a trick to them that I'm not seeing. Oh yeah, as for why I'm posting this here....limited account. Been playing starter edition to see if my computer can run SC2 for when the final expansion releases.Green0 Jul 21, 2015
Jul 19, 2015 Abandon WoW: Time for a new MMORPG Abandon WoW. I have a much better MMORPG idea. Dune: Lost Houses. The time is during the War of Assassins and as a house falls it is not uncommon for the survivors of the extinct family to escape to remote worlds and one of those worlds is Arrakis, the desert planet. Here you find yourself alone, dumped off in the deep desert among smugglers learning to make a basic living mining spice, smuggling into the cities of Dune and learning the planet. As you gain levels you choose your path, you develop skills of a warrior, or a mentat, the weirding way, or other methods of combat. You forge alliances, gain rank among the smugglers, or become trusted by the Fremen, or try and forge your own path to regain status as a Great House. Compete against other players all with a rich background, form alliances or guilds with other players, gain access to technology and explore a vast world of beautiful desolation. The night skies are populated by brilliant lights and stars. The environment can have the desolation and serene music of the sand and wind swept expanse. Feel the fear of your running along side a massive Sandworm learning to ride. Get lost or blown apart in a dreaded sand storm. Hike the vast dunes. Die exposed to the endless heat and sun as your character without a stilsuit finds the true meaning of thirst. The motto can be. "Hunted by assassins, the greatest challenge to survival is Dune."IDNeon0 Jul 19, 2015
Jul 18, 2015 How come dragoons took up so much space? In Starcraft 1 obviously. They took up the same amount of space as Siege Tanks, Archons, and Ultralisks when you board them in shuttles. They never came off as particularly massive units to me. Was it a balancing decision or what?Green0 Jul 18, 2015
Jul 16, 2015 960M vs 970M for SC2 Ultra settings? I travel a lot and I am looking for a gaming laptop to play StarCraft 2 while I'm on the road. I am willing to spend 1000$ and up to 2000$ if needed, however, I'm noticing the two biggest differences between most new gaming laptops is that they feature the 960M or the 970M. I assume if I want an 980M I'd have to spend 2000$+ (but that's not reasonable for a travel computer, at least at this point in my career). Can anyone tell me how well the 960M runs SC2? I see videos on Youtube for the 860M but not many for the 960M, it states that 1v1 can run 60 FPS at most times except in big battles, but is the experience not worth the -200$ price tag of 970M? Just curious if anyone has any experience with these two cards.ElectrO0 Jul 16, 2015
Jul 11, 2015 Starcraft miniatures and figurines Anyone know where I can get some high detail miniatures for a tabletop game idea I've got!?!Mnemnock0 Jul 11, 2015
Jul 8, 2015 plz ? I want to know the difference between the heart of swarm the digital edition and the standard one to buy the standardBOGy1 Jul 8, 2015
Jul 5, 2015 Is it possible to limit the frame rate? I know that World of Warcraft and Diablo III, which are made by Blizzard, have a user-configurable frame rate limit, and I'd like to know if it's possible to limit the frame rate in StarCraft II. I ask because my laptop(MacBook Pro) only has an integrated graphics chipset, and as a result, I'd like to lower the frame rate in an effort to lengthen the life of the CPU, as well as lower the fan speed without subjecting the CPU to excessive heat, which would shorten the life of the CPU. It would be great to be able to lower the frame rate to 30 frames per second.Jfblagden1 Jul 5, 2015
Jul 5, 2015 So will LoV have the previous 2 campaigns? So will Legacy of the Void have the previous 2 campaigns bundled in or is it going to be the protoss story only? Or will Blizzard release like a boxset with all 3 campaigns bundled together? I held off buying SC2 all this time as I didn't want to make 3 separate purchases. Just one clean little packages, no waiting for years for the next part of the story to come, etc. Now that the final part of the story is about to come out, might as well as now then. And if you're wondering why I'm asking this here and not somewhere more relevant...well..."Limited"Green0 Jul 5, 2015
Jun 29, 2015 My Game :: Horizons Light Hey guys, new user here - just thought I'd say hi, introduce a bit of myself and go from there! So I guess like everyone else here we're all fans of SC (or other Blizzard titles). Star Craft has probably been my fav RTS aside from AoK, but they are both amazing strat games so hats off to them both. One thing about SC I've always kept that in mind was the Zerg race. I loved how brutal, raw and natural they were designed, always kept that in the back of my head, not sure why. Finally, I have reached the point in my life where I'm game developer working and I'm working my first title, Horizons Light. Horizons Light Fulfill the role of a C.R.D (Combat Rescue Droid). Designed to rescue any personnel trapped in any environment. Find and extract any survivors from the crashed ship, Horizons Light. Explore expansive alien environments, rescue the survivors using an array of weapons, abilities and stealth! Steam GL Link :: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=469517656 Thanks for taking the time to check out my post, and nice to meet you all! JaimeOberstJunker0 Jun 29, 2015
Jun 27, 2015 Diablo 3 starter edition Hey guys, I just wanted to know something. If I download the starter edition of D3 and I choose then to buy it, are the demo files sufficient to play it (meaning the bnet client already download the necessary files if you choose to buy the game). Thanks!Laphroaig0 Jun 27, 2015
Jun 20, 2015 I Give A Sh!t About what you think or have to say about the following: If there were a way you could press "follow" on a couple sites and be permanently entered into a giveaway every Monday (You could increase your chances of winning for any given week by deciding to visit the site and participate, 'participating' would involve downloading a free or cheap game or simply following a link, weekly 'xtra entires' would be wiped after every monday. 2-3 Winners/week) ... would you be interested in involving yourself? Giveaway items theoretically would include -your choice- of 1 of the following: (You wouldn't have to track anything to claim rewards, only respond to a message if you are chosen.) -$20.00 Battle.net Gift Card -$25.00 Xbox Giftcard -$20.00 PlayStation Store Card -$20.00 Steam Wallet Card -$25.00 Riot Point Card -$20.00 G2A Gift Card I am a full-time student, and nearly work full-time hours, however it is my desire to create another potential stream of income creating a structure on the foundation I just described. I would like to know your thoughts on how you would react if media pages operating under this format existed. Thanks to the ^9001st power for reading! I look forward to your feedback Vote on my Strawpoll! http://strawpoll.me/4690012CuddleParty0 Jun 20, 2015
Jun 18, 2015 . http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/StateSC2IIIIIIIIIIII3 Jun 18, 2015
Jun 18, 2015 God of StarCraft streaming (online) Shut up and support our God! http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/FlashTheSky4 Jun 18, 2015
Jun 16, 2015 Ultra or extreme graphics with this setup? Hi, I would like to know if with these specs I could play SC2 with a good frame rate in Ultra/Extreme. I am tired of playing in Low 30 FPS... Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-D3H CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6 GHz GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 RAM: 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Power Supply: Thermaltake V2 450 Watts I have seen videos of playing SC2 in Ultra with this card, but I wanted to be sure. And what about the CPU? Is it good? Some people say CPU is more important in SC2.Megacarl1 Jun 16, 2015
Jun 16, 2015 geforce gtx 960 i recently upgraded my gaming rig. i have a i7 4790 non k cpu and a geforce 960. i get great playback on all of the highest settings. anyone here have any issues with a geforce 960?spaceghost2 Jun 16, 2015
Jun 14, 2015 Starcraft 2 > League of Legends It always baffles me how LoL is compared with Starcraft 2 as some kind of competitive game. Starcraft 2 requires an astounding amount of strategy, skill and experience to play. LoL does requires some knowledge about positioning and ambushing, but when it comes down to it you only have to control 1 unit and concern yourself with the positioning of 9 other units. Comparatively, SC2 makes LoL look like a game for children. And, if you go watch a LoL event, you will indeed find that mostly children appear to be playing. I have not watched a lot of LoL, but from what I have seen it appears to appeal to 8-12 year old "pro gamers." Now, there are a lot of games which seem silly compared to Starcraft if you are just considering the skill required in the pro gaming scene. The reason which these other games do not bother me, is that they aren't constantly grouped in with or compared with SC2. They are a separate community for the most part, which is probably for the best. League of Legends should not be compared to Starcraft because it is a completely different kind of game. My opinion is that it is extremely inferior to Starcraft, but that's just one OPINION. Please, stop treating these two games like they are in the same genre or appeal to the same kinds of competitive gamers, because they DO NOT.Ghost71 Jun 14, 2015
Jun 13, 2015 Grey Goo is on sale apparently RTS for the year that is not made by Blizzard :) http://store.steampowered.com/app/290790/BabySteps0 Jun 13, 2015
Jun 11, 2015 How do you play? So, I just bought a new headset and I've been playing with different settings and I've become curious... How do you all use your headset? Do you listen to everything through the headset or just your team and have the game sounds from other speakers? I'd love to read your set-ups to help find my ideal play settings when it comes to headsets.ShadesX0 Jun 11, 2015
Jun 10, 2015 starcraft 2 wings of liberty upgrade okay so i actually pre-ordered this game and played for a little bit and was able to access the full game but due to computer problems i was unable to play it and i just got a new computer...when i loaded the game it said i only had the starter version and that i had to buy the upgrade to play the full game...any thoughts as to what happened??Smiley29 Jun 10, 2015
Jun 8, 2015 The Death of Solo Gaming This is part rant, part legitimate question to developers, part "What the hell dude?" post. Be prepared. Question: WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. HELL. IS. YOUR. PROBLEM. WITH. SOLO. PLAYERS? Seriously. Since the launch of the last console generation, it seems like developers have been on a crusade to belittle, drive away and insult people who play by themselves. And I'm not talking about the sub-par campaigns - that is a topic for another time. I'm talking about multiplayer games. It used to be that developers understood that a good portion of their playerbase was playing by themselves and even if they didn't cater to them, they didn't actively try to make them miserable either. But here we are today, and every single major franchise, and even most of the smaller ones don't give a damn about solo players or actively try and antagonize them. Call of Duty? The 2 most current CoDs have NO Mercenary/Solo playlists (and neither did Black OPs 2, if memory serves) at all, and have no problems constantly matching solo players vs. teams of Clans and Premades. Halo? Halo 3 was the last game to have strict party requirements in its MM; Reach and Halo 4 were a bloodbath of Parties vs. PUGs. Same with the MCC. Battlefield pre-Battlefield 3 even with its server system was pretty decent towards solo players, having many servers that used force Auto Balance and had anti-stacking rules on many servers. Today? I hope you like getting your %^- pushed in on every single server, because they're all going to be stacked and barely anyone uses any sort of effective balancing anymore. Team Fortress 2? Not a chance anymore; TF2 admins love stacking teams even harder than Battlefield admins do. Counter-Strike? You might find some relief if you play Ranked...except the game can't figure out how to make a balanced match to save its life. MOBAs are pretty much a feasting ground for party teams to eviscerate PUGs at will with the developer's approval in many cases - even here on League. FFA gametypes are basically afterthoughts now in games; playing any of them usually shows you pretty quickly that the developers only added it as an "Oh, we almost forgot this" and didn't give a damn about balancing, spawning or anything like that. The one saving grace is probably League' SoloQ, where they only allow up to a party to 2 to enter, so at least there is that. But that is one gametype, in one game. Not a whole lot of options. So seriously. What the hell? I know they were never the most popular servers nor the most popular playlists, but those Solo-player settings and playlists were important for people playing by themselves. Places/gametypes were they could play without having to worry about being crapped on by Party teams who even if they're mechanically far worse have the immense advantage of basically being telepathic and having multiple sets of eyes. It'll be a dark day when they figure out a way to make Fighting/RTS games have teams that play vs. PUGs.ParagonFury1 Jun 8, 2015
Jun 8, 2015 Imperator 2012 not configuring Greetings, Im playing on a 10.8.5 mac and my mouse(imperator 2012) is working smooth, but i cannot manage to add the side buttons as command and as shift. I cannot also bind the scroll down on the hotkeys section. They seem to work outside the application but not for starcraft 2. Any suggestions?Shackwell0 Jun 8, 2015
Jun 7, 2015 barrow beta account? So I have hoped and hoped to get into the beta. I worked hard to get into diamond so I could but still haven't gotten in. Are they letting in lower league, is there going to be more wave inv?? I'm going stir crazy over herewinters27 Jun 7, 2015
Jun 4, 2015 MSI GT 740 2 GB - GDDR3 vs GDDR5 Will the GDDR5 version of the GT 740 provide a improvement which warrants its higher price? Or does the level of improvement depend on the application? Is the difference in performance between the GDDR5 and GDDR3 versions of the MSI GT 740 worth the extra money? Would I see much of a performance difference in StarCraft II? Could it make iMovie export movies faster? Would it make video transcoding faster? Does it also help with frame rates in games?Jfblagden0 Jun 4, 2015
Jun 3, 2015 Why do you play video games? Do you look forward to the social interactions? The bonds that are created in-game versus real life friends? Have you met up with some of the friends you made online at BlizzCon or some other event? It's something that just came to mind so feel free to respond~ :)CowsGoMoooo3 Jun 3, 2015
May 31, 2015 Grey Goo is terrible Worst RTS ever. I bought a few days thinking it seemed promising but its awful. Units move painfully slowly, the whole building system is terrible, all the units are boring and samey and its the most unresponsive RTS i've ever played. To top it off there are no lobbies, no chat rooms and no clan support. If you're thinking about buying it, don't.Technique34 May 31, 2015
May 30, 2015 Warcraft IV Ideas? Comments? I'm bored of SC II. Too much competition too much same o'l "OP"Bug2 May 30, 2015
May 30, 2015 Anyone else playing Felisfire? Ive been playing a game called felisfire, super addicting browser game where you create, breed, and design, your own alien cats. (Seriously its fun) Its got pretty complex game mechanics, and is basically just a fun game, with an epic community. Seriously needs more players. http://www.felisfire.com/?ref=23347Dendariis0 May 30, 2015
May 24, 2015 Toxic players:( I've been playing a lots of Starcraft for fun. Also there was a time i played some LoL. But i decided to quit League forever because of a thing that bothered me personally: Toxic players. Poeple that yell the stupidiest kind of things, make threats and it just doesn't feel like you are playing a team-based game. It feels like you are playing this soccer match trying to win and in stead of helping each other trough some rough times your whole team is bringing you down and being unsportsman-like. The community in Starcraft always amazed me. Always the good luck have fun! Even when you are being cheesed or cheesing it's like: 'well okay, should have scouted that'. And now we know cheesing is maybe not exactly cheesing, but more of a 'mate, you just didn't see this coming or scouted so it's not strange you lose to this' Still there is this neverending wich race is IMBA discussion, but that doesn't bother me as much as players from each race seem to amaze me in Tournaments where you can learn from. I always tought the ZvT matchup was hard in HOTS as Zerg, but then i saw an amazing Bomber vs Scarlett game and i tought. Well you just need to focus on some points and improve that matchup. But now straight to the point, the starcraft community Rocks most of the times! But.....Today i got that feeling that made me completely into quitting the immature League scene (This is just my opinion). I encountered some very toxic players in an Starcraft arcade game called Micro Arena Eu. They were with two and clanmates, but i decided to split them up for some nicer balanced team comp. Well they weren't happy about that, they where shouting all game long. I said sorry for splitting them up and said just have fun. But then they went very toxic saying things like: ''You should kill yourself'' ''and if i see you in real life i'm gonna bash you up. I must say behind a computer, that doesn't feel as threatening or scary but it just takes away the fun in a game:( And they were killing my units with friendly fire, wich costs you points in that arcade. My head was like, hmmm where have i seen this amount of hatred before. Ow yeah League! and what seemed: Both the guys were league of legends players. Seeing their profile showed like only 10 starcraft games were played in their career. I know there are very polite League players, and maybe some very toxic starcraft players. But i'd like to hear from you: Do you encounter toxic players?, and in my case extreme toxic players? Do we have to fear that also Starcraft becomes hunted by immature players who ruins just the general feel and fun of the game? I personally stick to Starcraft this long because it feels so gentle, but this encounter today kinda Smacked me in the face(digitally). It really ruins the game experience in general for me. Cheers!Seraph6 May 24, 2015
May 21, 2015 [OFFLINE] Streaming some Zerg. Masters level. http://www.twitch.tv/advocate1234IIIIIIIIIIII9 May 21, 2015
May 18, 2015 Umbra: The true evolution of ARPG's is coming It is happening. This game just unleashed itself on kickstarter after an initial 4 years in development. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1062682568/umbra/ Feast upon it's magnificence. The more you read about it and study it the better it gets. D3 and Path of Exile are about to get run over. Even D1 and D2 will be shadowed by this. Check it out, it's the real deal. No more tryharder(poe), or shallow(d3) arpg's. Now it is time for essence once again. Unleash your true apocalyptic form! Remember to share it and tell all your friends, as i am doing now, i want them to have a damn good start so they can fund the remainder of the game, so we can get as close to their full vision as possible.Omniplasm0 May 18, 2015
May 16, 2015 About overwatch Whether it can link to UED of Starcraft?swarmblade0 May 16, 2015
May 16, 2015 Wario Ware D.I.Y. Is Wario Ware D.I.Y anygood? I've been thinking about buying.Skincarver0 May 16, 2015
May 1, 2015 Should I buy Warcraft III The game and its expansion are half off on battle.net. Ive never played any WC game besides hearthstone and I'm pretty interested in the storyline and characters. How big is the campaign? How is its replay value? I also like pvp in RTS games (former Plat Protoss/Terran in SC2). How is the online community? Are there a lot of hackers online like SCBW? Are there still plenty of people online so that matchmaking is easy to find?CrazyBread6 May 1, 2015
Apr 12, 2015 BlackWidow Stealth 2014 Tournament Ed vs 6gv2 i buy BlackWidow Stealth 2014 Tournament Edition but i can return the goods and buy Steelseries 6gv2JustinBieber1 Apr 12, 2015
Apr 11, 2015 Reducing lag/Video Card Advice Hi, I have an Acer Aspire laptop (model: 5736z-4016) and its decent to play on the lowest graphics settings but lags badly in any game size once maxed out on units. This is making it pretty hard to win games that get past 15 mins and I was wondering if 1) upgrading the video card would help (I don't know much about computers) 2) what video card I have to begin with 3) what type of card should I get 4) are there tutorials on how to replace it for my type of computer Might it not be a video card problem but a processor issue? Any way to boost that? Also, I have a normal computer mouse and want to upgrade to a decent, but not too pricey, gaming mouse. Any suggestions?Sweatpants9 Apr 11, 2015
Apr 7, 2015 Metal Arms: Glitch in the System Has anyone ever played this? it looks like so much fun. It was made by Swingin Ape Studios, who Blizzard bought out. Swinging Ape Studios was making a sequel as well as working on Starcraft Ghost. both were put on hold. Would be awesome if someone published Metal Arms on PC. Id love to play it.Goose1 Apr 7, 2015
Apr 7, 2015 Why isn't there a Total Warcraft Activision owns both the total war and Warcraft franchises, two of the most successful pc franchises. Seems like a slam dunk idea. Warcraft is tailor made for a total war game and there is room for big new innovations like (limited) magic during battles and monsters. Blizzard wouldn't even need involvement, just send some consultants over and let total war make the game. The rights are already shared via the parent company. Why hasn't this already been made?Obamarauder1 Apr 7, 2015
Apr 7, 2015 What pushes you away from games? If you are drawn to a few specifc titles, what keeps you playing those particular titles? I have given this some thought : 1)DLC. Anything but cosmetics makes me immediately get a bad first impression. No matter how you do it if you give something gameplay related with money that cannot be gained otherwise , you are making games pay to win. Example: Evolve 2)New players intimidation. If there is not a good tutorial or some way you van ease into a well established multiplayer the intimidation really keeps me from getting initiated. Example: C&C, SC2 .. 3)If it is a teamgame a lack of somehow punishing toxic players. Example: Original Dota 4)Any obvious imbalance even if it is not PvP. Example: Diablo 3 5)Waiting in game. Example: Hearthstone What are yours?Khas3 Apr 7, 2015
Apr 5, 2015 PC games you own Thought it would be a fun post! My list of PC games: -Starcraft 2 -WoW -Hearthstone -Heroes of the Storm -Counter Strike Global Offensive -Dota 2 -Just Cause 2 -Just Cause -Orcs Must Die 2 -Alan Wake -Team Fortress 2 -WarframeDags1 Apr 5, 2015
Apr 4, 2015 Zerg Minecraft Mod/Plugin I've had this idea kicking around in my head for a while and I've wanted to do it myself but I'm no good with this sort of thing even though I know alot about it. Anyone who has the kind of knowledge and experience to help me PLEASE do. This is what I would like to see added to minecraft and below I will explain how they should work. Mobs: - Drone - Zergling - Queen Structures: - Hatchery - Spawning pool - Evolution chamber Tiles: -Creep (purple snow with added properties) Like the zerg, it all starts from one drone that spawns randomly at a low chance both night and day. The drone can attack other mobs after it makes its first kill it will move around to find a place to morph into a hatchery. The hatchery produces a few more drones at a continuous slow rate to a maximum number (maybe 3-10) which will look for mob victims to consume and after they do so, they will all look for a place to morph into a spawning pool. When the spawning pool is created the hatchery will start to produce zerglings aswell as drones with a larger capacity. (Overlords could be optionally added which increase the hatchery max mob.) After the zerglings make a few kills collectively the drones will attempt to morph into an evolution chamber which enables a queen to spawn. Once the queen is spawned, the hatchery can produce faster and the queen itself is a large threat. tl:dr? Zerg grow by killing monsters and the swarm develops in tiers of accomplishments.FireDylan6 Apr 4, 2015
Mar 31, 2015 I just got mine I loooooooove Mario Party Happy that my mom gave me Mario Party 10 on Wii U :DNoctosphere3 Mar 31, 2015
Mar 30, 2015 Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Low Load and FPS I built my computer last year in may, and had a HIS r9 270X GPU, and decided to upgrade the GPU today. I installed all the drivers correctly as well as the latest drivers. I entered in game to test out my new GPU and I noticed first of all it said recommended settings for me were Medium. When I had my 270x the recommended settings were at High. This at first confused me. When I had my 270x I usually on low settings ran about 180 - 210 FPS. And with my 970 I get about 160 on average. Why is this? The 970 seems to be a much more beefy GPU and I definitely feel like I should be getting more out of it. I monitored the GPU load as well and noticed that in a game I averaged about 25% load on ultra settings with my 970. and averaged about 50 - 70 FPS. Anyone have a solution? This card is almost $200 more expensive, and I feel like I should definitely be getting more out of it. I know it is a more CPU intensive game but That doesn't explain why i got higher fps with a worse gpu. Build: CPU: AMD FX-6300-Six Core ~ 3.5GHZ. Ram: 8GB. GPU: Nvideo GeForce GTX 970. Resolution played at: 1920x1080.IamSane2 Mar 30, 2015
Mar 28, 2015 need advice on my build here is my build for gaming: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P7By7P im going to Microcenter tomorrow, please help me check if there's anything needs a change. I mainly play all Blizzard games and Dota2. Thanks!creo0 Mar 28, 2015
Mar 24, 2015 Grey Goooo! Stream Links: - www.twitch.tv/incubus1993sc2 - http://maegis.net/incubus/ (No delay/less bandwidth stream) Today's Stream: Getting back into 1v1 ladder. Bio: Sup everyone! I'm Incubus, a Terran player who plays for Maegis, a European based clan. I've been active in the scene since about early 2012. You might have seen me around before, I'm an avid community member who has hosted numerous tournaments and posts on the B.Net forums a lot. For those wondering my real name is Roy, I'm a 21 year old Canadian who is currently in college for a 1 year Primary Care Para-Medicine program. In my off time I'll be streaming some Sc2 ladder for you guys. I'll be listening to music a lot but I'll also have days where I'm doing commentary/analysis and occasionally "try hard" mode where I'll only listen to game sounds and show my strongest play. Stop by, chat, and let me know what you think! If you like the stream make sure to follow so you can see when I'm on. +1 this thread if you enjoyed and post any feedback you have. Thanks! Computer specs for those who are interested: Processor = AMD FX-6300 3.5Ghz 6-Core Memory = A-Data XPG V2 8GB (2x4) DDR3-1600 Graphics Card = ASUS GeForce GTX 750 1GB Motherboard = ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Storage = Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Power Supply = Antec 450W ATX12V Optical Drive = ASUS DRW 24F1ST DVD/CD Writer Case = Enermax ECA3212-BL ATX Mid TowerIncubus162 Mar 24, 2015
Mar 24, 2015 Evolve What do you guys think about the new evolve game and most importantly on its DLC controversies? I am both fed up and sympatising with the DLC system. The thing is I thing DLC are mostly used to milk the community but i really do not mind them when they are cosmetics only. As for evolve people are really unhappy with the first day DLC but i have found out that it was all cosmetics and content later on , when they create it. I never liked DLC content because it really effects peoples play and it is kind of pay to win. I did not liked buying new characters in fighting games , i did not liked buying weapons in fighting games and i do not like buying hunters or monsters in Evolve What is your take on the DLC content storm?Khas1 Mar 24, 2015
Mar 23, 2015 Hearthstone.... So far I'm liking it. I just started it over night and was playing practices against the ai missions. The game mechanics seem almost guaranteeded to create mostly fair an balanced games, in comparison to MTG which has mana screw issues and just crappy "one card reverses a 20-3 lead into a 0-20-something loss" gimmicks. I don't know how good that is, but it was implied you were supposed to lose against Illidan on first try, apparently due to his surprise token generating hero ability, but I whooped him on first try. Hero abilities are much more fair than MTG Plainswalkers too, because they COST MANA, while stupid Plaineswalkers give you super powered abilities for free. Overall, I like Hearthstone now that I started playing around with it. Have a lot to learn, but This has to be a better game than MTG just from the mana system alone being guaranteed fair.... Blizzard DEFINITELY got that one right. MTG needs some sort of over-haul to fix the mana rules to be more fair like this. like maybe guarantee each player gets to play at least one land each turn, or something, until they have at least 6 to 10.... Anyway, good job Blizzard on that call. PS: I was shocked when I re-started MTG and realized that even at tournament play roughly 3/4 of all games are not decided by skill at all, but by mana screw (too much or too little) even in very, very well designed decks. That's not good gaming IMO. I'm not going to say too much, but I'd pay to play this game.Wade20 Mar 23, 2015
Mar 22, 2015 Fx 8350 + R9 290 FPS problems Hello guys, I noticed that I'm getting somehow low fps on my pc running starcraft at medium, when I first installed sc2 it said my computer should run it on extreme but I lower the settings to medium and still in mid-late game Im getting 30 - 40 constantly, in low settings its almost always 60, but shouldn't I be able to run it at least at medium constant 60fps with this setup? amd FX 8350 stock speed 4.0 ghz r9 290 stock 8gb of ram I read on another topic from 2 years ago that there was a time when this cpu could run sc2 at 100 + fps on late game, but it got bad after a patch. what should I do? Sorry for my bad englishCleanerTax1 Mar 22, 2015
Mar 17, 2015 4K @ 60hz vs. 1440p @ 144hz I have heard both arguments. I'm really torn between getting Asus's ROG Swift [1440p @ 144hz w/ G-SYNC] or Dell's P2415Q [4K @ 60hz w/o G-SYNC]. The thing is, I have heard a lower frame rate but higher resolution allows for easier unit distinction. I've also heard that the higher refresh rate but lower resolution allows for greater map efficiency and smoother unit tracking. I have the PC to support either, I just wanted your thoughts. I think games like FPS's benefit better from the latter and games like RPG's benefit better from the former, but StarCraft I can't really tell.MarineRey1 Mar 17, 2015
Mar 13, 2015 CS:GO has 10x the number of viewers Actually more than 10x... IEM Katowice numbers: SC2: ~24k CS:GO: 300k+ (source: teamliquid) =( Edit: and climbing... The sad thing is that this game was disastrous at launch, and had nowhere near the numbers as SC2.Defenestratr13 Mar 13, 2015