Off Topic Dicussion

Dec 27, 2015 Monster Hunter Online Just wondering if anyone here has been playing in the open beta like I have, and just looking for some opinions on it. I personally hate it. -.- I think it has ironically too many MMO features to it, and it ruins the Monster Hunter feel of it to me. If the graphics weren't damn amazing, I would have stopped playing after the tutorial. But, that's just me, and I haven't hit max level yet, so it could get better.DhangusKhan0 Dec 27, 2015
Dec 20, 2015 Help with Jurassic World: The Game I started playing Jurassic World: the Game, and I am getting absolutely wrecked. I was wondering if anyone can help me with the concept of the battle, cause it's like the most confusing thing ever. So the battle progression goes, I attack first.. and I always do 1 save, cause usually no dino is going to kill mine in 1 round. Now, theoretically, the AI should only get TWO moves during that first turn because he went 2nd... and that should be the end of round 1 right? Well, what I am finding is that... comp will also save 1 move, but then attack twice... meaning the AI is actually getting 3 move for round 1. Which is like... WTF? Then there are rounds where the comp will switch to a dino type that counters you, which if you switch in game, you lose all your bonus "saves" and lose a turn, right? Not for AI... they switch to dominant dino, and immediately hit me 4 times from advantage type. WTFFFFF??? This makes no sense. It's like they get twice the moves I do, for no raisen. And also some ridiculous rounds where they can "save" and attack in the same round, and I am getting killed by 8 attack moves for no raisen. I just don't understand this game. I can fight if given equal battleground. But it's not fair if I am only getting half the moves AI do. (Against players, this seems to be less of a problem, and aside from fighting common against rare and 5 levels higher, I can hold my ground with what I assume is the correct strategy... relatively.) Anyone else also play this super rigged pay to win game? I feel like even if I have the type advantage, I am getting killed for no raisen. Help please? -----------razen0 Dec 20, 2015
Dec 15, 2015 Licensing Question I am not really sure where to put this question so I will put it here. I am at with this federally recognized 503c not for profit in Indiana. We help to improve the quality of life for people with mental illness by providing psycho social rehabilitation skills. Our computers are starting to show signs of age as we have circa 5 year old core 2 quads that could probably run StarCraft 2 or Hearthstone, if I put forth a bunch of labor to rebuild them for like 200-300 dollars each (rough estimate of cost), with my labor being free. As there is not really anything like this in the area I am hoping to get a lot of interest, especially with Legacy Of The Void having just released. If there are significantly more people that want to play than there are computers available to play on, we could give priority use to people pursuing in demand computer skill sets at one of the local higher education schools. These skill sets may be something like Cisco Certified Networking Associate or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate. Basically my question is this: If we allow people to be members of our organization for free ( pending mental illness requirements among other things), we allow people to use our computers for free ( pending our judgment on their use), we only allow people to play StarCraft on our schedule, and they have to buy their own copy of StarCraft 2, would that be in violation of the user agreement?bluescourge0 Dec 15, 2015
Dec 10, 2015 Gamers Needed We are developmental psychologists at North Carolina State University and we’re looking for gamers to participate in research. We at the Gains Through Gaming Lab believe that a lifetime of playing videogames has helped us grow stronger in certain ways than our non-gaming peers. First though, we need to see if gamers really are different. To do this, we’ve prepared a survey that will only take about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. In exchange for your time, you will entered for a chance to win a $50 Steam© gift card which you can use to download Steam© content of your choice. One in every twenty respondents, chosen at random, will be awarded a $50 Steam© gift card. All responses will be anonymous and confidential. Identifying information (i.e. name and email address) will kept separate from the survey responses and only used to send you your gift card code. If you think you are interested, please follow this link to begin taking the survey through Qualtrics survey software: https://ncsu.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_3vDg076g6T1Qt7v Additional information about our lab and our research can be found at GainsThroughGaming.orgRezcobain0 Dec 10, 2015
Dec 8, 2015 My CM Storm Devastator Mouse Just Broke! I'm wondering about a replacement. what could be a good replacement that someone could suggest? also my hands are very small. my bro has a Death Adder which I find too big for my hands. something that's also got buttons on the side?TCLegacy0 Dec 8, 2015
Dec 5, 2015 Heroes Tactics friend referal help Hi all, I have been playing this turn based strategy game on my phone and I noticed there is a free 3 star hero if I can get 30 friend referrals in game and some other bonus along the way. I am hoping some of you gamers can help out! What you need to do is 1) download the game (if I recall, it does not ask for any odd permissions) 2) when you get into the game click your portrait in the top left (I don't think there are any long tutorials to get to this point) 3) click the button that says "Friend Rewards" 4) click the button that refers your friend (mine is gone since it needs to be done 48 hours after joining) 5) enter the player ID 114980. I hope you can help a fellow gamer out and good luck in your adventures!Glassfist0 Dec 5, 2015
Dec 4, 2015 Cherry MX Red, Blue or Brown (VOTE) Hi, finally it comes to an end that I wanted to replace my keyboard, and I just wanted to hear some opinion, whether MX Red, Blue or Brown, just for game, no typing, and please atleast cite why, thanks!GTA1 Dec 4, 2015
Dec 1, 2015 CSGO $7.49 (limited time only) 8+ million active players alive eSport low entry price micro-transactions for customization blizzard take note http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/serotonin27 Dec 1, 2015
Nov 27, 2015 GAMERS NEEDED We are developmental psychologists at North Carolina State University and we’re looking for gamers to participate in research. We at the Gains Through Gaming Lab believe that a lifetime of playing videogames has helped us grow stronger in certain ways than our non-gaming peers. First though, we need to see if gamers really are different. To do this, we’ve prepared a survey that will only take about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. In exchange for your time, you will entered for a chance to win a $50 Steam© gift card which you can use to download Steam© content of your choice. One in every twenty respondents, chosen at random, will be awarded a $50 Steam© gift card. All responses will be anonymous and confidential. Identifying information (i.e. name and email address) will kept separate from the survey responses and only used to send you your gift card code. If you think you are interested, please follow this link to begin taking the survey through Qualtrics survey software: https://ncsu.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_3vDg076g6T1Qt7v Additional information about our lab and our research can be found at GainsThroughGaming.orgGameLabUser0 Nov 27, 2015
Nov 27, 2015 Next? StarCraft II/III Revenge of the UED Seems to be that this is the end of one story, where as Kerrigan saves the galaxy by becoming the QoB and help of the ancient power. But isn't the humans on earth are going to hate the Zerg? Doesn't matter if Kerrigan's its queen or not. UED is just going to sit tight and welcome the peace as Amon's destroyed? UED is going after the Zerg, maybe Kerrigan too regardless of her status. I think that will be the main story and it was the main story isn't it? How it all started? It's been a long time and I need to revisit sc1&exp. Lastly, NOVA~~~Blue3 Nov 27, 2015
Nov 22, 2015 advice needed about graphics card I cant have evrything on ultra and i think there is little more room on my graphics card to upgrade other than replacing my mother board. I wuld need sugestions on a graphics card and if someone wuld tell me how much better it is than existing one or if its worth to get two graphics cards for that mother board. -Asus p5k pro motherboard -4x2 gigs of ddr2 Ram -Int core 2 duo CPU E8200 @2.66GHz -Asus Nvidia GeForce 9600GT -Antec power suply 430 w max I wuld like to play gta5 also, but i dont think it will run it couse i culdnt get gta4 all the way up when it camf out. Tnx for all your help :DZile0 Nov 22, 2015
Nov 21, 2015 Fallout 4 hype!! This game is gonna be good and im going to get it on release.Warmaster22 Nov 21, 2015
Nov 21, 2015 Starcraft Tabletop RPG: Updated Files Hey folks. I announced my Starcraft Tabletop RPG here some time ago, and I wanted to give out links to my updated files. Also, in celebration of the release of Legacy of the Void, I’ve released my newest supplement, Monsters of Koprulu. It’s a bestiary and guide to creating creatures in the RPG. Next up is some touch ups on the protoss supplement. Big shout out to these deviant artists who contributed creature concepts to the newest supplement. phill-art.deviantart.com nicknightshade.deviantart.com Anyways, the updated files (hope you all enjoy them): Main Site: www.leovauntgamedesign.com Core Rulebook: http://www.leovauntgamedesign.com/L.Starcraft%20RPG%20Master%20Ruleset.pdf Supplement 1: The Zerg Swarm http://www.leovauntgamedesign.com/Starcraft%20RPGS1%20The%20Zerg.pdf Supplement 2: The Advanced Terran Training Manual http://www.leovauntgamedesign.com/Starcraft%20RPGS2%20The%20Advanced%20Terran%20Training%20Manual.pdf Supplement 3: The Protoss (alpha) http://www.leovauntgamedesign.com/Starcraft%20RPGS3%20The%20Protoss.pdf Supplement 4: Monsters of Koprulu http://www.leovauntgamedesign.com/Starcraft%20RPGS4%20Monsters%20of%20Koprulu.pdfLeovaunt1 Nov 21, 2015
Nov 20, 2015 Overwatch Closed beta... i got my beta weekend client today and went to play a game and saw a bug. went onto forum to report it and found that i only have temp access. some of us really should get full beta access because some of us( the community ) have fine eyes for glitches and buggs. like a wallbreach.... anyway does anyone know who i can talk to about getting full beta access for the duration of overwatch beta because i feel that i would be a great help for finding these things.... and im sure there are others that have found things but havent be able to post any kind of bug report... ty for reading and all replies are appreciated. :P glhfNewberWareSC0 Nov 20, 2015
Nov 20, 2015 Remote Desktop SC2 Has anyone here ever played sc2 using a remote desktop connection? I connect to my computer using a remote desktop application (usually to do some 3d modelling) and wanted to play some sc2 while traveling. I use an app called Splashtop THD which has been shown off by nvidia and was able to play Skyrim with good fps remotely using an Asus Transformer Prime. I was just curious what you guys think (and to see if anyone has tried this). A good ping seems like the main thing that affects lag when connecting remotely. Umm yeah. Any opinions? some info: http://www.splashtop.com/category/tags/skyrimHitmanJo12 Nov 20, 2015
Nov 18, 2015 Starcraft Mission Pack 2 - UED I am a korean user of sc2, and I have an idea- that is SC2 MISSION PACK 2- UED!!!!! Setting is Earth in future, and it isn't beginning of another story, it is story that we played before (It means SC1, SC2.) but we can play again with viewpoint of Earth or UED. Quantity of mission will be 15 missions. GameClearing1 Nov 18, 2015
Nov 15, 2015 Overwatch E-Sport ? What you guys think, does overwatch have the makings of a E-Sport? Is it fun to watch ? also Happy B-day to me ! ill be waiting for that overwatch beta key blizzard =]Xnub0 Nov 15, 2015
Nov 13, 2015 Upgrade to digital deluxe for WoL? So with the announcement of Legacy of the Void I began looking in to the options available to buy it, I personally will get the Collectors Edition, but I noticed something that spiked my curiosity. In one of the pre-order options you can get the entire trilogy, not only that, but you can get the a digital deluxe bundle, which includes the the digital bonuses for all three games including Wings of Liberty. Which is awesome! Because I want the bonuses that were given with the Wings of Liberty game, but i you can only get them if you get the entire trilogy. Meaning that if you couldn't afford the Collectors Edition because you were poor when Wings of Liberty came out, but want the digital bonuses now when you have a stable income, that you have to make a new blizzard account because they don't offer this option to older players. So it is kind of like putting new players above devoted fans, which is unfair because it should be equal. So what I am asking is, will Blizzard allow me to spend twenty bucks (or whatever it would be) to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition of Wings of Liberty? Or will it be an option when you finally get the entire trilogy to upgrade using the entire trilogy option?Shadorin4 Nov 13, 2015
Nov 13, 2015 How can you honestly look forward to WC4? Arguably the best ARPG of all time was Diablo2. Arguably the greatest single player RTS of all time was SC:BW. Consider the direction Blizzard took both games with their latest iterations, and tell me how you can honestly be looking forward to the butchering of the Warcraft franchise. Please.HoneyBadger26 Nov 13, 2015
Nov 12, 2015 (idea) SC2 meets EVE online Hey everyone, I have an idea that I find to be extremely interesting, so I thought I'd share. With a little bit of luck, someone already made something like it. Basically, connecting a background world to Starcraft in form of an MMO. You basically start out as a commander of a ship (or leviatan), with certain resources etc. within a huge galaxy, where you can travel to different planets and then besiege them to gather more resources and increase your army, without having to follow any given directions like in the campaign. Once you siege a planet, you go into the typical Starcraft 2 gameplay and fight. Once the fight is over, you can continue to build up your army, maybe create alliances and what not. So, basically Starcraft 2 with something like EVE online in the background. What do you guys think? Probably a huge load of work, I guess. But I'd play the !@#$ out of that! :D warm regards, SunTzuSunTzu3 Nov 12, 2015
Nov 11, 2015 Will i be able to run ultra on my laptop? Hey guys just got an Alienware 17 1T HDD 80GB SSD 750gb, i7 4710MQ, 8gb ram Gtx860m nvidia card. I was wondering if any tech pros can tell me if I will? :)VeNoM17 Nov 11, 2015
Nov 10, 2015 Pylon Coffee Table Centerpiece Where can I get a Pylon coffee table centerpiece like I saw on the 2015 Grand Finals cast table? http://imgur.com/HnmUz2sBuBu0 Nov 10, 2015
Nov 6, 2015 GAMERS NEEDED We are developmental psychologists at North Carolina State University and we’re looking for gamers to participate in research. We at the Gains Through Gaming Lab believe that a lifetime of playing videogames has helped us grow stronger in certain ways than our non-gaming peers. First though, we need to see if gamers really are different. To do this, we’ve prepared a survey that will only take about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. In exchange for your time, you will entered for a chance to win a $50 Steam© gift card which you can use to download Steam© content of your choice. One in every twenty respondents, chosen at random, will be awarded a $50 Steam© gift card. All responses will be anonymous and confidential. Identifying information (i.e. name and email address) will kept separate from the survey responses and only used to send you your gift card code. If you think you are interested, please copy-paste this link into your browser to begin taking the survey through Qualtrics survey software: http://ncsu.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_3vDg076g6T1Qt7v Additional information about our lab and our research can be found at GainsThroughGaming.orgGameLabUser1 Nov 6, 2015
Nov 6, 2015 MAKING A WOW type VERSION OF STARCRAFT make a wow version of starcraft letting your pick from a high temp or dark or marine or any of the units available in starcraft and create a Universe of Starcraft...i think that this type of game would be very popular for WoW and starcraft fans and create a whole new game with the same basis of a MMO or RPG but in a StarCraft version I would love anyones idea about this and how they feel and maybe we can get enough of the battle.net community support this could happen and a new blizzard game that in my opinion should of been being worked on alreadyBuddahLuvah0 Nov 6, 2015
Nov 6, 2015 Gamers Needed We are developmental psychologists at North Carolina State University and we’re looking for gamers to participate in research. We at the Gains Through Gaming Lab believe that a lifetime of playing videogames has helped us grow stronger in certain ways than our non-gaming peers. First though, we need to see if gamers really are different. To do this, we’ve prepared a survey that will only take about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. In exchange for your time, you will entered for a chance to win a $50 Steam© gift card which you can use to download Steam© content of your choice. One in every twenty respondents, chosen at random, will be awarded a $50 Steam© gift card. All responses will be anonymous and confidential. Identifying information (i.e. name and email address) will kept separate from the survey responses and only used to send you your gift card code. If you think you are interested, please follow this link to begin taking the survey through Qualtrics survey software: https://ncsu.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_3vDg076g6T1Qt7v Additional information about our lab and our research can be found at GainsThroughGaming.orgRezcobain0 Nov 6, 2015
Nov 5, 2015 A Classic Command & Conquer: Tiberium Secrets Greetings everyone, Our project: http://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberium-secrets We're nearing Alpha for our 1st faction. Thanks for your time, -JistGeneralJist0 Nov 5, 2015
Nov 5, 2015 Overwatch point system for pro scene I think time based point system TF2 vs Blizz devs scrim are using is not good for the audience, its very anticlimactic and kills creativity, like for example if you know the enemy team has finished all the objectives faster than what your team is doing now, whats the point on pushing for the final objective?? Also there no other legit attacking strat other than a Rush Tactics . My suggestion is make it a Points system like for example, Objective A is worth 1 point , Objective B is worth 2 points and then it should be Best of 3 maps, if it's still a tie, then go for a tie breaker map and you could do a timer based points on a tie breaker just to save time for the audience or whatever. So yeah what are your opinion guys?? Plz pass long to Overwatch forums cuz i can't post on it yet : /BlitzKaiser0 Nov 5, 2015
Nov 3, 2015 is "Refurbished EVGA GeForce8400" good enough http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130884 i'm not really looking to play on max settings, i just wanna be able to play without lag and have a pretty decent FPS on low settings. do you think this card is good enough? do you have a different recommendation? thanks for your help.cgheezey0 Nov 3, 2015
Oct 25, 2015 Anti aliasing question. Desktop Rig specs: Intel i7 930 2.8 GHZ, 9GB RAM, 1TB HD, Nividia GTX 970 4gb 256bit. USing these specs is there an obvious difference using anti aliasing, all recommended graphic settings are extreme and ultra...would i see a difference with Anti aliasing in SC2????VeNoM0 Oct 25, 2015
Oct 22, 2015 Question regarding my new Alienware 17 laptop Ok guys so i had just bought a used Alienware and decided ehhhh and sold it and just bought a brand new model- New Alienware 17 R3 8gb RAM, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1TB 7200 HD SATA 6GB,INTEL I7 6700HQ 3.5 GHZ. My question regarding my rig specs is i know with Starcraft it isnt just your gpu that matters when it comes to 60fps at ultra settings. The 860m i had before i had to put most at high and few things on ultra so there wouldnt be any resource stalls and stuff, so will i able to this time around to achieve everything on ultra with this cpu??VeNoM0 Oct 22, 2015
Oct 21, 2015 960M vs 970M for SC2 Ultra settings? I travel a lot and I am looking for a gaming laptop to play StarCraft 2 while I'm on the road I am willing to spend 1000$ and up to 2000$ if needed, however, I'm noticing the two biggest differences between most new gaming laptops is that they feature the 960M or the 970M. I assume if I want an 980M I'd have to spend 2000$+ (but that's not reasonable for a travel computer, at least at this point in my career). Can anyone tell me how well the 960M runs SC2? I see videos on Youtube for the 860M but not many for the 960M, it states that 1v1 can run 60 FPS at most times except in big battles, but is the experience not worth the -200$ price tag of 970M? Just curious if anyone has any experience with these two cards.ElectrO2 Oct 21, 2015
Oct 20, 2015 Motherboard question Hi guys! Im about to upgrade my pc in order to play the latest(witcher 3) and upcoming(the division,battlefront) games, i wanted to now if you guys had good recommendations for a motherboard. Mi current one is a really old one(there is no need to say the model), so im gonna write down the build i have in mind so you guys can see. Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k 4.40GHz Ram: Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR3 8gb(maybe 16) 1600MHz GPU: Nvidia GTS 450 1Gb DDR5(this is my current one, i think it can hold a little longer) So far i have put my eyes on the MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Z97-G45 Maybe you guys got a recommendation, ill be glad to hear it, cheers! note: my current power source is enough to hold thisXcilion0 Oct 20, 2015
Oct 19, 2015 Extreme Graphics - 2.4 GHz CPU & GT 740 Would a 2.4 GHz i5 and a GT 740 be enough to play StarCraft with Extreme grahphics, at least at 30 frames per second?Jfblagden5 Oct 19, 2015
Oct 19, 2015 amd fx cpu does anyone have the fx cpu I was thinling about getting the 8350 oneMrjellop35 Oct 19, 2015
Oct 16, 2015 Thoughts on this PC for SCII and Heroes? http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2433181 I need to get a new computer, and want something that will look at the requirements to play SCII and Heroes of the Storm at the highest possible settings, and throw its head back in derisive, scornful laughter. To that end, how does this PC fare? My more PC-savvy friends say it looks pretty good aside from the fact that "it's AMD and not Intel." Please speak to me as if I were dumb, because this is uncharted waters for me. Thanks ♥Zessei2 Oct 16, 2015
Oct 16, 2015 Help on matching CPU/motherboard Hi! I'm trying to get my first "gaming" PC, and I can't decide on which one should I buy. At this time, I have 3 options: a cheap one, and the other two are very similar in price. So, any advice on this, will be welcome. The cheap one is a AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz in a Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-S1, G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4Gb DDR3 1600, and no GPU card. The other two are: - AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz Black Edition Eight-Core, in ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS, G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4Gb DDR3 1600, and a GIGABYTE GeForce GT 730 2GB 128-Bit DDR3. - Intel i7-4790K 4.0 GHz in ASRock H81M-VG4 1150, and 4Gb DDR3 1333/1600, no GPU card. The thing is that I want to avoid this "bottleneck" thing, and at the same time, being able to play SC2 without worrying about FPS going down. Also, if I buy the cheap one, maybe I could be able to put a GPU card on it, or get one for the Intel configuration when I have the money. Thanks in advance.Aragork1 Oct 16, 2015
Oct 16, 2015 Grey Goo Petroglyph's would-be StarCraft killer is currently available for free on Steam until Sunday 1PM Pacific Time. For those of you who are interested in trying out an alternative to StarCraft, there is your chance. I started playing it and boy, is it a tough one to judge. On one hand, the gameplay strikes me as very weird; I cannot say I enjoy it very much, but then again, it is very reminiscent of Command & Conquer, which I have never really cared for. For those of you who are interested in trying out an alternative to StarCraft, there is your chance. Also, so far, the soundtrack is surprisingly forgettable despite being composed by the legendary Frank Klepacki; even Universe At War had a more memorable sound. On the other hand, the lore is just as fascinating as I thought: the story mode opens with the Beta, which are a rather neat subversion of your typical "space cowboys" faction. Although their technology looks rather similar to the Terrans, their species is far more reminiscent of the Protoss: they have been driven away from their homeworld by an unstoppable extraterrestrial force called the Silent Ones. They also have a language of their own, but when you play as them, they will speak in English with a rather unusual accent; I am not sure what Petroglyph's inspirations were, but it sounds like a mix of African and Middle-Eastern accents to me. Best of all, they are not goofy caricatures like the Terrans or the factions from some of Westwood's previous works. Another interesting subversion: the very first contact is done from the point of view of the Beta rather than the Humans, whom the game depicts as an "alien" invader - at least, initially. It is interesting how this faction relies on the type of advanced technology you would expect from the Protoss, such as robots and automated machines. Oh, and these cutscenes... Just wow! They may be short, but they are definitely the most gorgeous cutscenes I have seen outside of a Blizzard game. Even the characters' facial movement - alien or human - is just a feast to the eye!JohnnyZeWolf0 Oct 16, 2015
Oct 15, 2015 SC no longer recognizes my video card The 3.0 patch ruined the game for me. It used to fly on full resolution with my HD 7730m. But now the game does not recognize it anymore. It goes automatically for my lower end card. I had to bring down both the graphics and resolution, and it still lags in the late game. Tried fixings with Switchable Graphics, nothing changed.Xenon2 Oct 15, 2015
Oct 15, 2015 GAMERS NEEDED We are developmental psychologists at North Carolina State University and we’re looking for gamers to participate in research. We at the Gains Through Gaming Lab believe that a lifetime of playing videogames has helped us grow stronger in certain ways than our non-gaming peers. First though, we need to see if gamers really are different. To do this, we’ve prepared a survey that will only take about half an hour to complete. In exchange for your time, you will entered for a chance to win a $50 Steam© gift card which you can use to download Steam© content of your choice. One in every twenty respondents, chosen at random, will be awarded a $50 Steam© gift card. All responses will be anonymous and confidential. Identifying information (i.e. name and email address) will kept separate from the survey responses and only used to send gift card you your gift card code. If you think you are interested, please follow this link to begin taking the survey through Qualtrics survey software: http://ncsu.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_3vDg076g6T1Qt7v Additional information about our lab and our research can be found at GainsThroughGaming.orgGameLabUser1 Oct 15, 2015
Oct 10, 2015 Getting a Delux Version of Wings of Liberty. I would really like to get the Thor skin from the collectors Edition of wings of liberty. Could Someone help me figure out a way to get it without having to buy all the expansions again.DummyHalf1 Oct 10, 2015
Oct 9, 2015 [Q] Don't have card to prepurchase LOTV I saw that there are 20$ battle.net cards at wal mart or best buy, Can I use 3 of these to buy the deluxe edition? (59.99$) ? Also, does Fry's Electronics or Gamestop carry these cards? I only have cash and a savings account, what other options are there?SpoR1 Oct 9, 2015
Oct 6, 2015 Should i buy Starcraft-2 ( I'm limted so that explain why im posting here) Well i play WoW MoP, and i got D3... I barly knew SC-2 existed till last night, and i just did my first starter edition match ( Me vs the computer).. I had a blast, it just reminded me of my C&C: Zero hours daysBut i keep reading the SC-2 forums, and i hear ton of peoples complaining, talking about "Cheese" tactic (whatever that mean), and such and such. A RTS i don't really play for the story ( i would do story-mode just to finish it), but i mostly play to test my skills against the computer or another player, now there only so far i can go with the computer between i just crush them every match. I guess im just a little worry about the online community because i would hate to buy this and boom there just ton of cheap tactic and such and such, or everyone play as the same race ect.So Do me a favor... and convince me to buy this :D... because that starter match was a blastMrAnarchy7 Oct 6, 2015
Oct 6, 2015 digital purchase and discount So i am willing to buy the HOTS which has discounted and may i ask in the future does the legacy of the void will have a discount after the release date ? if so how much of the percentage. If i buy the digital purchase of HOTS, my account will upgrade immediately from WOL to HOTS ? thanks . I hope blizzard staff can answer this .jacksison1 Oct 6, 2015
Oct 5, 2015 Question about GPU So I used to have a nvidia GTX 560, but the card didn't work anymore so I got a nvidia GT 740. Now here's the thing, evidently, no one sells the GTX 560 anymore, so I had to get the GT 740 instead, and I noticed something changed within SC2, with my old card, I was able to run everything on extreme with no problem whatsoever, with my new card however, I can bearly put it on medium without it lagging like crazy, not to mention STILL lagging when I try to place a building, is the main problem SC2 or my new graphics card?Voidwalker16 Oct 5, 2015
Sep 18, 2015 GAMERS NEEDED We are developmental psychologists at North Carolina State University and we’re looking for gamers to participate in research. We at the Gains Through Gaming Lab believe that a lifetime of playing videogames has helped us grow stronger in certain ways than our non-gaming peers. First though, we need to see if gamers really are different. To do this, we’ve prepared a survey that will only take about half an hour to complete. In exchange for your time, you will entered for a chance to win $50 Steam© gift card which you can use to download Steam© content of your choice. One in every twenty respondents, chosen at random, will be awarded a $50 Steam© gift card. All responses will be anonymous and confidential. Identifying information (i.e. name and email address) will kept separate from the survey responses and only used to send gift card you your gift card code. If you think you are interested, please follow this link to begin taking the survey through Qualtrics survey software: http://ncsu.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_3vDg076g6T1Qt7v Additional information about our lab and our research can be found at GainsThroughGaming.orgGameLabUser0 Sep 18, 2015
Sep 3, 2015 Upgrade my Video Card First time posting after chatting with some of the blizzard SC2 reps. I of course am getting lag in some of the big custom matches where we'll have 1500 troops on the page. Carriers especially lag me, and I don't want that since I use protoss a lot. I used to be all into computers when I was younger but now I have no clue about the hardware. I was wanting to find a good graphics card I can upgrade to in order to reduce lag, but I have no idea what to look for or what kind is compatible. I've been researching for hours now and haven't really come up with any thing on it yet that is 100% sure. My computer was custom built about 4 or 5 years ago, since then my job has been extremely busy so I haven't been on SC, now I have some time and I'm like woah, I think it's time for some upgrades. Motherboard: A880G+ Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4250 Dedicated Memory: 252 MB I found a forum where someone said "any PCI will fit," but I'm not willing to bet purchasing a video card and it not fit or working properly. When I type "Radeon 4250" in google images, it looks nothing like these nice video card with the fans and the nice little pictures on them. it looks like a square chip. I am confused. Any help, links, advice is welcome. I'm not really wanting to buy a whole new computer or mother board, but I'm open for any opinions. ThanksRamPar2 Sep 3, 2015
Aug 26, 2015 Stop buying expensive PCs to play SC2 Too many posts in this forum can be summarized by the following: "Hey guys, I have x budget, and I want to build a PC that can play SC2 at max settings." Well, here's your answer: SC2 was RELEASED on July 27, 2-0-1-0. Decipher the meaning of what I'm trying to say to you. ... I'm saying you could buy just about anything on the market today and play SC2 at max settings. Now the problem is are YOU asking the RIGHT question? Did you want to play SC2 at max settings AND that new game that's coming out this spring? Well that's a whole different story. Yeah, that $200 video card might make a difference. The video card I have now (and truth be told, the ONLY thing that's gonna bottleneck SC2 is the video card) isn't even manufactured anymore and I can run SC2 at max settings doing a comp stomp FFA. Anything you buy or build today that includes a standalone video card, will run SC2 at max settings. I'll bet that even most onboard video chips will SC2 with little to no issues. So go ahead and buy that $1200 gaming rig, but don't do it SOLELY to play SC2, because if you are, you're wasting a ton of money.xsv19 Aug 26, 2015
Aug 26, 2015 Chromium? Please tell me that Blizzard plans on releasing Starcraft 2 on the Chromium OS. Chrome OS is only available with Chromebooks. But I truly believe that most of the worlds computers will eventually be running Chromium as an OS. Windows and Mac are going to fade into the past, and Chromium is the next generation of computers.Stickemup1 Aug 26, 2015
Aug 26, 2015 Where is my HOTS -delete-QWRTZ0 Aug 26, 2015