General Discussion

Mar 7, 2012 Shame on Blizzard for taking Valve to court All I can say is I am disappointed.Drune68 Mar 7, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Solution to Terran's snipe nerf! ..maybe? I'm tired of every patch being about nerfing Terran! Ok OK OK, Blue Flame Hellions WERE pretty damn OP, I'll admit that. They got nerfed. Bunker rushes.... We had to actually pull half our workers off the line at 2 minutes, drag them across the map, and then still pay 100 minerals per bunker, AND repair it! Sure, that was SLIGHTLY OP, I guess... Even though in reality, if you stop an all in bunker rush, the Terran is so far behind they might as well leave. BUT ALAS, bunker rushes were nerfed, not only by increasing the time it takes to get your Barracks up, but maps now ALSO have buildings, or special terrain in the way so that you can't even wall with bunkers. Then you guys went and made Ghosts cost more minerals, which IS really the limiting factor in a late game Terran army, as we're spending all our minerals on PFs, repairs, MARINES, TURRETS, etc. And if that wasn't enough, you went and reduced Ghosts EMP radius by about 45%, however, that change wasn't much of a big deal vs. anything other than Infestors and Archons. And even before all of these changes, in 1.1.0, you took already nerfed siege tanks (they did 75 in BW!) from 50dmg down to 35(+15 vs. Armored), in 1.1.2, you killed reapers all together, in 1.3.0, you destroyed Stim timings.. I'm more worried that eventually Terran will be so underplayed that they'll either have to scrap it from the game entirely, or completely revamp it. Because as it stands now, the only viable unit composition vs Zerg is either an early 3fact mech push, or Marine/Tank/Medivac with some Hellions if they mass lings, until they get Infestor and BL, then it all comes down to the Ghosts with .5 more range than the BL's to run up into the middle of the battle and somehow (whilst being shot at by Fungal, Broodlings, Banelings and also our own tank fire) snipe each BL 5-6 times before they get incinerated. IMHO, Blizzard, Snipe is something that could be worked out in the meta game, a simple maneuver like sending BL's to attack from a different, less wide-open area (Not a-click across the middle of the map, like I see every single Zerg player doing) perhaps, so then the ghosts can't just waltz right up under the a-click'd BL's and kill them. Also, if Zerg started using Overseers, which are HIGHLY underused, they wouldn't even need to worry about cloak because A) Changelings can go see if there are ghosts so you can react to it, and, B) You wouldn't have to QQ about how the only way to kill cloaked ghosts is to Fungal them.. Because you have a detector with your army. Sort of like how I either have to get a raven or scan when moving out my marines so I don't get destroyed by 2 burrowed Banelings sitting in the middle of the map... TL,DR: Cutting snipe damage in half is the worst "balance change" I've seen in all my years of Crafting, and that includes Starcraft and Brood War. It's just way too drastic. I'm not even QQ'ing because I use Ghosts, because I don't, the snipe micro is already wayyy too hard for me to do effectively, and you've just made it at least 50% harder. And to all those who are about to post and say something like "you're crying because you suck at Terran" dude, why should I have to click an ability, hold shift, and click each unit that's currently destroying by base/army 10+ times while microing my marines/tanks/whatever else just to kill it when all my opponent did was a-click into my area of the map then go back to macroing.?! * Let's just switch to Toss/Zerg! We could call it "Occupy The Other Races!" *JuneauWho12 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 How many accounts does accuseme have? How do we get this kid banned?LadyRedBush9 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 should snipes nerf only vs massive. should snipes Nerf only be vs massive or against everything that isn't a caster? I read the reasons for the changes and it seems to be so Terran are using them against brood lords and ultra to much and there to strong. so my question is why make the Nerf against everything? I trust blizz has its reasons but what are they? and is this a bad or good change?aramil8 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Movie !!! Would love if there was a SC - BW to SC2 - HOTS movie... imagine how epic that would be :D it would be like Matrix * LOTR but so much more epic XDRinmorinkasi9 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Keep snipe damage, make it do half vs massive Way less of a change. And achieves the same thing they're trying to do. edit - I do not care about the snipe change one way or another. I just wanted to point out this is a million times more elegant way to do the change than what blizzard is proposing.GhostFall20 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Terran NEEDS to become UP that way they get buffs. :DFinalBoss6 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Patch 1.4.3 --- TvZ Anybody else think that TvZ is going to become heavily Z favored at the highest tier? Yes, I agree that Snipe seems ridiculous when I watch pros play and absolutely destroy Broodlords/Ultras with Ghosts... but this will definitely force a meta change for the Pros. Won't effect me any... I don't have the micro for snipe vs broodlords/Ultras and nobody has ever used it against me as far as I can tell. Just trying to keep a discussion for the top tier pro-level of play. What do you think?Protostitute15 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Did any terrans know this? the 2 upgrades in the engineering bay to increase missle turret / PF range and give buildings + 2 armour effects point deffence drones and auto turrets of the raven? i just found this out by trying to figure out how to change upgrade costs in galexy editor >_>Madrox8 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Have you ever seen a smurf? I'm silver league, so I'm pretty low down there, and I play mostly bronzes (why can't I play some more silver guys, and maybe a few golds? I'm trying to get better to work my way up!) I was wondering about smurfs. Are smurfs real? Are they just legends? How do you spot a smurf? How common would they be? What always sketches me out is when people ask what league I'm in. It might just be friendly convo but it just doesn't feel right. So tell me, where are the smurfs? Oh, and I am NOT Gelgamar.Celestine4 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 ah, this new patch brings back memories QQing rampant, even if the changes aren't final AND the patch isn't on the PTR yet. good ol times :)DaFuZzMasTeR2 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 people switching races? so now since nerf the is going to go into effect, most terrans will be switching races what is the most common matchup now since there are so little Terrans on ladder now? more ZvZs? more PvZs? or more PvPs? VPDroid22 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 new patch, no more protoss QQ? this new phoenix buff, it makes mutas a nonexistent problem for protoss if they can micro around it. PvZ is balanced for protoss players if they can micro. i still can see that the gravity thing will be abused so much AznSwag13 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 How to cope with unsportsmanlike players? So recently I have been in a game of PvP (I'm only bronze) Where a found myself against a silver player who cannoned my entrance and started to DT harass me early-game, he constantly said "lol how could u be so bad u scrub?" And I let the battle drag out ( I won't go into detail ) But the battle dragged on only because he was such a stuck up little !@#$%^- that I knew I couldn't let win, but alas, he won, by having a DT stationed at every expo point so I couldn't go anywhere. I tell you, when I lost that match is was the first time I ever raged, I raged so hard a broke my keyboard (Luckily I have 2 spares) Thinking "How could I have let that *!@#er win?" So, how do you deal with these kinds of players? What drives them to be the little !!*!s they are?NeedMoPylons14 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Team Games Everyone says that team games are easier in terms of league placement, and for the most part, people agree. So what I'm wondering is are the proportions of teams in leagues the same as the proportion of 1v1 leagues, within a few percentage points? If so, I don't understand how this can be, as almost anyone in 2v2 placement is higher in league than their 1v1 placement!!Seabass3 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 11, 2012 Snipe 1.4.3 Does it still only work on bio units, or will we see Archons and sentries popping left and right? I've been reading a LOT of zerg perspective on the change to snipe, but I'm curious how the protoss players feel about HT and DT taking 50 damage from a snipe.Maazak22 Feb 11, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Will 1.4.3 Phoenix buff encourage Carriers? The buff to phoenix will encourage carrier play in PvZ where P FFE and Z responds with two-base mutas. As grounds for this premise if P opens with a FFE and Z responds with mutas as opposed to base trading the Z, P will have the option to turtle in their base until they can get the range upgrade and once this is done Z will have to transition out of mutas. Of course Z will be on >4 bases and P will have to respond. With the fleet beacon already created it seems natural that P will choose carriers over collosi in their push to establish a third base. Obviously it won't be 10 carriers but having 4 Carriers with a ground army might be more viable than cranking out a robo support bay and 3-4 collossi. What do you think would this be viable?Resipsa12 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Possible Terran Buff Ok, i'm gold and haven't played for like two seasons. I have however been watching plenty of vods and reading the qq on this forum for awhile. I've noticed that most terrans are complaining about how hard late game tvz is. Obviously the only real solution to this would be the new units and balance in HotS. However, I was thinking about a buff to the seige tank. This buff would simply be a couple new commands to the seige tank command card. These new commands would be as follow. 1. Prioritize armored 2. Prioritize support 3. Prioritize light. 4. Prioritize buildings. or something like this. Basically this would be different modes which would make the tanks focus their shots onto units which are different unit types. So lets just say the zerg is maxed with ultras, Broodlords, banelings, lings and infestors. This change would force the tanks to focus on the unit type which they are set to. So some tanks wouldn't waste their fire on zerglings when they should be focusing on infestors, or trailing queens. Same thing with the other options. This would allow the terran to focus their micro on the marines, vikings, hellions, and other units while still providing that powerful cover fire from the tanks. The terran would still have to micro the tanks for certain things such as picking out the banelings from the zerglings or focusing all their fire on one particular ultra. However, I think doing this would lessen the ridiculous micro that terrans have to have in the late game to counter every unit type which the zerg can throw at them in a massive rush. It would just make sure you get the first shot from the tanks not blowing up some stupid zergling when that shot should be going to the infestor which the zerg player allows to get too close.Kingofnee1 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 High Masters Zerg stream www.twitch.tv/lmntmasaLMntMasa0 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Concerning patch 1.4.3 Blizz, why no buff for HSM? :(LightThorn1 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Ghost Snipe Change... This has to be fixed.... Just like how the NP nerf was outrageous, this is pretty outrageous too! First of, snipe will be to weak. And the bonus damage will only effective vs ghosts. With the extra damage vs psionic you still would 2 shot HTs, 2 shot infestors, 4 shot queens. Ghosts will be changed from 3 shoting to 2 shoting. The nerf may be necessary, but I believe this nerf is a tad too much. maybe 45 damage but 25 damage vs massive? ghosts' sniping is the problem in TvZ so i think making snipe: 45 damage but 25 or 30 damage vs massive.. This I beleive won't break the ghost snipe.PJKill3 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 EMP does specific damage to Protoss And now snipe does specifically additional damage to... "Psionic". Why such specifics to the protoss race. I'm not pissed that it exists, just that it's so bluntly said. It's like someone who's "not touching you". The fact that it's there is irritating, but in of itself it is not. Don't know if this makes said, but please at least change the wording on Snipe to not be so damn biased towards Protoss.Greasy7 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Not buying expansions There is no way I am putting any more money into blizzard until the matchmaking system is fixed. I know I am not the only on making that choice.DTemptation22 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 New Maps So a friend and I were playing the new maps, testing them out some in a PvZ (despite my portrait I play P again now). Cloud Kingdom: Interesting map, easy to FFE on (similar to Taldarim). The problem I see comes when you try to take a 3rd base. The 3rd is really open making attacks/counters easy for Zerg. There is also a lot of space on the map so mutalisk play will be strong (or perhaps not with the upcoming pheonix buff). Korhal: Another interesting map, but harder to FFE on (like metalopolis). Perhaps I just misplaced my cannon (I'm still bad at FFE building placement) but I had to cancel my nexus several times as zerglings could attack it from outside the cannon's range. So what are everyone's thoughts on the new maps and does anyone want to try them out with me?GolDRoger5 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Please help me and I will help entertain you. Hey guy my name is Lothaite and I am getting started with youtube and I kindly for some support and please check out my youtube channel www.youtube.com/worldoflothaite and subscribe, just added some new LoL footage as well as WoW adn will start playing D3 and SC2 and Guild Wars 2!!!!Lothaite0 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 blizzards mistakes.... http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/unit/dark-templar vs zerg Use an Overseer to Fungal Growth shimmers, which will temporarily drop cloaked units out of stealth so you can finish them off. Use an Overseer to Fungal Growth shimmers am i missing something here?? SslikK11 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 New snipe change creates problem for casters? This is just something that I thought of when I saw the new snipe change. With it now being 25 (+25 psionic) this could potentially cause a problem for casters, because casters are basically the only units that hold the "psionic" trait. This means that casters are going to be the most viable targets for snipes. And with snipe already having range of 10 (which is 1 more than the other casters) and with the other casters only having enough health to survive one snipe, ghosts have to potential to kill casters before they can even get a spell off. Now I realize that they could already do this before, but I don't think that changes my argument. For example, a Terran masses ghosts vs a Zerg is going to want to save his energy for broodlords. Now that it's not going to be a viable option, the only units that snipe will be able to take full advantage of will be the infestor and the queen. So what's your opinion?Zelkam3 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 best birthday present ever!!!!! :D phenoix range upgreade 4 to 6 YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMagikcarp12 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 A Slight Change to The Snipe Nerf I am ripping this straight from reddit because this guy has a great point - ... http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/pjk2q/situation_report_patch_143/ A very fair criticism. This snipe change is intended to fix how damaging ghosts are to massive ghost units. But as this change is right now, it will also significantly weaken snipe VS smaller, weaker units too. Snipe won't even 1-shot banelings anymore! So just change snipe to be weaker VS units that have the "massive" trait. That will weaken snipe VS Brood Lords and Ultras while leaving it untouched VS the other units.SharkWLazors9 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Why do people blame buffs/nerfs on QQ? Maybe the game is ACTUALLY Imbalanced! Y'know, what patches are to FIX? So if you don't know already 1.4.3 has, more or less, come out. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/4448820/Situation_Report_Patch_143-2_10_2012#blog Or, in a nutshell: Teran -MULEs harvest the same amount on gold and on normal -Snipe changed from 45 to 25(+25 vs Psionic) Protoss -Phoenix range upgrade (Yay for range, boo for upgrade. But whatcha gonna do?) General -Reverted APM change. -Added new thing: CPM (commands per minute) It's basically the current APM.iDontKnow4 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Nvidia Hey, I am wondering if any of the new Nvidia beta drivers have performance increases in SC2 over the WHQL drivers that they have not updated since october? Trying to squeeze every last bit of performance out of my PC.HONAW1 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Character name change To;BLIZZARD im just wondering when the next name change is avaible i want to change my name and i always keep checking and it always says coming soon so please tell me when the next name change is avialible thank you very much all appericatedMikeyTheTrex0 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 how do i play the ptr? hao.Magikcarp2 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 BliZZaRd DuZ Not Want TerrIn To wIn?! plz stop nerfing terran. not a single buff in long time need to overhaul protoss and make terran better kthxAllAboutYou2 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 What is the failest rush you've ever seen? Mine was a cannon rush, the dude, rand into my base 5 minutes into the game >.> attempted to build a pylon in my base, however he didn't do a good job of keeping it secret... then he built 3 cannons.... I was like "wtf is this kid doing....." destroyed all 3 cannons and the pylon, on top of that, he didn't even cancel......... waste of minerals... it was Gg!BomberBoy7 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Nydus Worms + AI pathing Just throwing out an idea here to improve the utility and usability of the nydus worm. I personally don't use nydus worm because it require to much APM. The only use I see for the nydus is a sneak attack and retreat move and it is really hard to pull out because 4 harvesters can kill the head before it pop out. Using a nydus to reinforce an attack or to link bases is annoying to do because you have to load and unload the units from the nydus which takes some time.. and forgetting to unload the units inside a nydus for a certain time can have huge consequences. For 300 gas it is not worth it. So my solution is : make units use the nydus if they see it is the shortest way to reach their destination, like, automatically. The AI should take the decision alone to take the nydus. Maybe as an "autocast-kinda-option" for each head individually, so if you don't want it to happen you can "disable" it. That would make nydus so much more useful and i believe people would use it a lot more. Think about it, Instant reinforcement or super quick drone transfer to hidden expo. What do you guys think?BigBadBill3 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Coaching from diamond or higher player. Hey everyone i am a rank 11 - silver zerg player looking for someone to coach me and give me tips via reply's or in game. also looking for a silver level practice partner. add me: 358 if interested.Zukatami0 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 How to Win ZvP With 8 Lings Hahahah check out this replay...Beat a masters lvl protoss with 8 lings because I went to scout his front door with them and I got 6 past his Force field and than killed 2 sentries with them and kited away from 2 zealots while I decieded to mass ling reinforcement. I also took the plyon out controlling his gatway and cybo core, he then BMs really hard calling me a noob and what not even though I was just scouting... Check it out really funny game ( just x4 until my lings go in) http://drop.sc/108051Anubis12 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Mouse Wheel I don't know what I'd like the mouse wheel to do but having it be zoom is rather useless. Is there any way to use it as a hotkey or define it to be something other than zoom? (I realize that you can turn off the zoom but then it seems to do nothing at all).pedz4 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Fix ghosts snipe queuing failed AI Slightly disheartened by the recent snipe changes but it was needed. Since they are fixing snipe why not fix what should have been fixed a long time ago.... As of now when you queue ghost snipes one ghost will walk forward and shoot and deplete its energy and when the energy is out it will another ghost will walk forward and do the same. Fix ghosts so when you queue snipes they can all shoot. not just one. the current ai is terribleBrotoss5 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Playing During Season Lock? So we can't be promoted or demoted during this lock until Tuesday, which will require a placement match to place us. However if I switch to a different race than what I currently play (Zerg) and do absolutely dreadful while trying to learn a new race, is there a chance I could be demoted during my placement match, even though during the full length of this season I had like a 75% win / loss ratio? I don't mind being replaced in my current league, but really don't want to go down because I was trying to learn a different race. Thanks all! <3Bitcly2 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Abusive offensive FF, Pro Video + Solution Here is a perfect example of offensive forcefielding ramp abuse. This was not the original design or purpose for forcefield, so yes, it is an abuse of the mechanics. TWO, just TWO sentries, hold off a ramp for 2 real minutes, and nearly 3 in-game minutes. Don't say it should get scouted, because there is no 100% guaranteed way to see something like this coming in any given game. Zerg was ahead in supply, econ, macro, workers, and army size. Due to this abuse, Zerg suffers tremendous losses. And the real kick in the knee, is when Grubby hops back up into his warp prism and escapes with his sentries. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m38RdUGqBPM 6:36/9:15 8:29/11:50 Unit's lost: Zerg - 45 - 3075 resources Protoss - 11 - 1200 resources Suggested Solution: Give queens the warstomp ability. This will not effect any other match up, nor the defensive capabilities/necessities of forcefield for the Protoss player. Warstomp does no damage, stun, or any other effect to any other unit. Costs 25 energy, and breaks forcefield. This way, queens can be used to break abusive forcefields. They will have to have the energy, have to be specifically microed to do it, and forcefields can be dropped down again anyway. Warstomp will not effect any other MU or race/units, so it cannot be used or broken in any other way. And will not make queens "massive" and vulnerable to voidrays. DISCUSS!TKiNewbie423 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 What's coming out first? Diablo 3 or Heart of the Swarm?Billy17 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 High Master Zerg stream www.twitch.tv/LMntMasaLMntMasa0 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Artesian, where are yooooouuuuuuu? It's sad. Eleven weeks ago, I ran into a guy named Artesian while in a map lobby called $Everything is instant-build map$----... . That puts this at around 11/25/2011 according to Wolfram Alpha, but in checking my replay list, that puts it specifically at 11/21/2011 at around 8pm. It was his first time on battle.net multiplayer (you could see his progress in single player being logged), the map wasn't balanced. Most maps aren't. So his first perception of StarCraft II multiplayer was watching 20 infestors (burrowed so he didn't actually watch them) unload an infinite number (wasn't balanced I tell you) of infested terrans in his base. I then realized who's base I was in... He logged off and was never see again. His single player progress carried on a few days more and ended on 11/25/2011 with completing the Tosh storyline. Only 1 game was played in battle.net, and there is nothing more from him. - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - -- --- -- - This is not a kind of post I post often (or ever for that matter), but it's sad to see people just fall off the face of the game like this, and it felt like something interesting to post. If you're new here, don't give up. Don't look at one map for one game and think it's not worth it. There's so much you can miss out on. I would have used sc2replayed to upload but it failed to parse my file. Mediafire appears to not having huge waits to download, so it should work find. http://www.mediafire.com/?jim59z9l8hfgvcmLykos0 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 when will this patch hit anyone know when it comes out? Terran1 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Phoenix Buff = less likely to see Tempest xp? I have a feeling Blizzard, which most people know, that most of the units showcased for hots were only their current ideas and nothing permanent, may not be implementing the tempest that we saw in hots, which leads me to my point. It makes more sense to make the phoenix the viable unit/counter to mutas by giving them necessary buffs and not have them essentially be replaced by the Tempest making the phoenix useless and people never building them. It makes more sense to rework the carrier and not give the protoss an oversized Corsair. I think with these patch changes this hints at the possiblity that the Tempest that we saw may not become simply "the muta counter" anymore but something more balanced.LeGeNDz4 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 When will the ladder reset? Anyone know of an exact date // time now that the patch notes are out? KHole2 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 A Tier 2 Roach This is not a thread questioning balance, it is meant to open discussion on improving gameplay mechanics and centered on the zerg tech-tree. During the Alpha, the Roach and the Hydra flip-flopped with their position in the tech tree. When the beta launched the final decision had been made (horribly) to keep Hydras in tier 2. Many problems were immediately evident during the beta-testing. The roach was clearly a tier 2 unit crammed into tier one - 145 health, 2 armor, 1 supply. Mass roach became the only real early game play and it was enough to end game after game after game - Toss and Terran alike were horribly abused - unless they did some abuse of their own. To this day, dedicated and well-controlled air play has ended many a bronze and GM's match because of Zergs paltry tier 1 AA. It is true that a few Spores and Queens are capable of fending off air <harassment> strategies - but dedicated air-aggression is another issue all-together - as a Zerg it SUCKS going up against it. At the end of the day, it's possible to hold it off, but its equally as likely to crush us out-right. Should we defend successfully, we feel like we just held off the worst cheese EVAR but still arent ahead - and should we lose we feel ruined by a gimmick. Neither one of these scenarios is "fun" and FUN IS WHY WE PLAY! After a series of nerfs and a range buff, the roach became a proper tier 1 unit - the same can not be said for the Hydra. Despite being terrible already, the hydra has only been nerfed twice during and since the beta but why is it terrible? The Hydra fills the roll for "direct-engagement" unit in our tier 2 tree. Ill expand on this more so we are all on the same page. Every race, upon opening up tier 2 units has a choice to make; shall I build support units for my pre-existing army, shall I build harass units, or shall I make direct engagement units? Examples for Terran/Toss: - t2 Support units: Ghosts, Medivacs, Observers, Warp-prisms - t2 Harassment units: Helions, Reapers (speed boost is factory), Phoenix and obviously drop tech units like the Prism and Medivac open up a different method of harassment as well. - t2 Direct Engagement units: Siege Tanks, Immortals, Voidrays, Banshees Now Zerg follow the same general options: Infestors for support, Mutas for harass and....... Hydras as a direct engagement unit??? For those who dont know, since Broodwar, Hydras were made much less cost-efficient; for 5 more health and a decent damage boost we pay DOUBLE the supply, DOUBLE the gas and 33% more minerals AND took a permanent speed reduction. This was not a buff, it was a nasty nerf, despite being forced into a higher tier. Its true that Hydras have a limited role in fending off Stargate/Starport aggression but let me ask you: couldnt a tier one Hydra (appropriately balanced for tier 1) do all that better? So then we put our Roach back up into tier two and take a look at some of its beta characteristics (your mind can feel free to fill in any balance gaps you feel exist): Its now got a base armor of 2, the potential to have HIGH above-ground-regen and all this with its health, speed and burrowed movement capabilities still in-tact - now THATS a tier 2 direct-engagement unit! If I felt like making a two-base push with a solid ground army, now I can. Now mutas or infestors arent my only tier two options and Ive opened up a whole new play style (already available to the other races) Now the 7RR isnt a massive pain in the !@# for Terran and Toss. Now Toss can ACTUALLY have Immortals out in the same time period as the opponent is making the decision to go roaches, rather than having 1 out in time for a massive push. Now Mutas arent 70% of the tier 2 unit-selection that Toss and Terran see. Now, mass-roach isnt a build. Now it makes sense that Roaches scale better than Hydras with upgrades. Now Zerg dont get auto-rolled by well-positioned early-game force-fields. Now Guardian shield has serious use vs Zerg in the early game. Now Terran and Toss dont have to feel dirty for crushing Zerg with early air (I know some of you felt dirty - I KNOW YOU DID) TL;DR: Tier 1 Hydra makes Zerg happy, tier 2 Roach makes EVERYONE happy because it's just better game design in the above context. GL HF GUYS!Anderson63 Feb 10, 2012
Feb 10, 2012 Gold league balance idea give zealots most hp total (shield plus health) but make most of it shield meaning nerf the current hp part but give it more shield. emp does more to zealots, but zealots deals more to zerg. ofc zealots do little to solve muta problem but it makes early game pressure a lot more dangerous so perhaps buff the combined hp by only like, 10.Kunell12 Feb 10, 2012