General Discussion

Jan 9, 2012 Best Worker rush race? What is the most-effective race for worker rushing and why?Ice4 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 was code s round 32 delayed? pretty sure I checked yesterday and it said "10 hrs" until the next live broadcast... and it has been 20+ hours and I don't see any videoKobe7 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 To win in Starcraft II, you must macro hard and micro soft. Duh duh duh. Am I funny?Tala15 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Multiplayer Team Games with an Objective Blizzard: develop team games in multiplayer that have an objective besides just killing the other team. You guys are the masterminds behind World of Warcraft. The PvP in WoW can be applied to SC2 team games as well. Some basic objectives in team games can be: 1) Attack and Defend; one team has to defend 1/3 of the map while the other team has 2/3 to attack the other 2) Holding resources; each team has to strategically hold a certain artifact or mineral patch (doesn't matter) and whoever holds it for x amount of time wins (could be multiple holding areas worth multiple points) 3) Destroy the other teams "King" or leader/whatever, you can even throw some npc's in there 4) Capture the flag; each team has to pick-up and transport something to their side 3 times to win The list can go on and on. Custom games already have enough good ideas that you can apply their principles to obtain decent ideas. Show some creativity, you guys are world leaders for this stuff. No offence to custom games but Blizzard could do much better imo and it could go towards ladder.Cesario8 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Can this computer run SC2? http://www.liquidnitrogenoverclocking.com/zeus_hurricane.shtml I don't know I think the CPU is too slow.Towelie9 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Diablo 3 strategy game! A diablo 3 strategy game would be pretty cool! :D Could have cool lava maps and minions and maybe even heroes of some sort Base building style but with a mixture of stuff Whats everyone think? Classified3 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 get rid of xel'naga towers sc1 didnt have them. I think they can lead to a boring game. Without them players have to scout better with zergling spreads etc. Hiding things makes for more fun gameplay.McRib13 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 increase armor for tumors I do think they get destroyed way to easily, especially by low tier units. I think raising armor high enough where hand full marines still would have hard time, or zealots or lings for that matter to destroy them. Everything else that does above 10 damage should have no difficulity to kill them. SaintSkippy27 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Can my computer Run SC2?? -.- Here are my specs: Processor: Intel i7 930 OC'ed @4.1GHz RAM: 6GB DDR3 Graphic Card: nVidia GTX 480 SLI >Superclocked MoBo: MSI Big Bang-XPower Hard Drive: Samsung 830 Series SSD @256GB Soo... can I run SC2? Please... I need to know before I buy a copy of this game even though for some inexplicable reason I can't test the fact by myself by actually running the game considering I already own it and wouldn't be posting on the forums if I didn't. I am also unaware of the great thing called Google where I can type something like "can I run" and am magically provided with the website "http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx" where I can test this for myself. So please tell me if I can run this game or not. Thanks...qtrScorp2 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Highest APM Spike Ever What was your highest APM ever achieved and which race were you playing with? Mine was 253 with zerg. As a side note, does anyone know how high the A.I.'s APM can spike? I know i've seen 1440ish on very hard, haven't look at how high insane A.I.'s APM spikes.Cesario11 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Ladder Issue-5 Placement Matches Option Anyone else have this happen to them? When SC2 first came out, I did my first 5 placement matches in 1v1, was put in Platinum. Played maybe 10 - 15 games, 50 % win rate, decided I didn't like 1v1 as much as teams. I stopped playing 1's for a while (months). I play 2 or 3 more 1v1's maybe season 2 or 3, I win 1 lose 2, get demoted to silver (???). Ok, stopped playing 1's again. Now I played my first 1's match in season 4, almost a year after I really played 1's for more than a few games, 1 match to put me in my league as silver. I think Blizzard should allow you to optionally choose to play 5 placement matches at the beginning of any given season to see how you rank up against the ladder instead of just playing your one match to put you back where you were before the season ended. I think this would be fair and may actually cause people to lose rank as much as gain rank. TL;DR - Have an option to play 5 placement matches at the beggining of every season to see where you stack up on the ladder instead of the mandatory 1 match to put you back where you were. Cesario8 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Why do i lag in anything over 2v2? Enclosed is my Windows experience index ratings, processor, ram and graphics car rating. All drivers, bios, firmwares are up to date. Quick Reference: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB Radeon 5850 Black Edition Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor 7.3 Determined by lowest subscore Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 7.3 Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 7.8 Gaming graphics 2815 MB Total available graphics memory 7.8 Primary hard disk 333GB Free (466GB Total) 5.9 Windows 7 Ultimate Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group Model N61PC-M2S Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM System type 64-bit operating system Number of processor cores 4 Storage -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Total size of hard disk(s) 466 GB Disk partition (C:) 333 GB Free (466 GB Total) Media drive (D:) CD/DVD Media drive (E:) CD/DVD Graphics -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series Total available graphics memory 2815 MB Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB Dedicated system memory 0 MB Shared system memory 1791 MB Display adapter driver version 8.920.0.0 Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050 DirectX version DirectX 10 maxwell9 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Who wants a piece of me!?!?!? (Part...2? 3?) Get in line to get at me bro. I'll play anything up to low masters (rank 50 or higher). Bring the rain.LiaSiri16 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Another league? I feel like it would be nice to add another league, people already separate players into low mid and high (especially for masters) as there is such a large skill gap between different stages of the same league. It also kind of feels like after you hit masters you are stuck there, even if you greatly improve, unless you among the very best players. I feel like an expert (or some other name) should be added either before or after masters to further separate the good from the very good from the great, and the league before grandmasters (either expert or masters, depending on ordering) should consist of like the top 1200 or 2700 (- the 200 for grandmasters, so the next best 1000 players or 2500 or somewhere in between). I also think it would be nice if it only contained active players (kicked out if bonus pool gets to high, like grandmasters, but you can be promoted/demoted from it like normal, I also feel the promotion/demotion should apply to GM, but that's beside the point of this thread...). I feel it should be like this because it would be great to have another prestigious league similar to GM. Masters has kind of lost meaning with people being able to "cheese their way there", there are a large number of people in the league, the skill levels vary greatly and nearly half of every division is inactive... So what do you think? yay? nay? Or do you feel there should be another league but what I suggested isn't where it should go (like would you prefer a copper league)?reteP30 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Music of the Roach: Party in the Underground! Hey guys, recently composed a new starcraft song based around the unit of the Roach: Party in the Underground! Party on! www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlAa_QgZAk Enjoy! Let me know what you think!DoubleReed5 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Terran stopping expos Ive about had it up to here with terran and the fact that they can drop an engineering bay/supply depot at your nat... ..just saying Danimosity13 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Option to turn off League Display I think it would be a nice answer to all of the threads discussing the ideas of practice ladders or casual ladders. The entire point of the ladder system is to match people of equal skill. Its not so the entire bottom 50% of ladder can compete with each other. We all pretty much suck. It doesn't matter where you fall in the bottom 50%. The league and point system is really only for people at the top of the ladder. The option would make it so you and others can't see your league. Also, you can't see anyone else's league (atleast in game, the forums are another issue). Maybe you could be excluded from the division and point system so no one can look you up on scranks. I don't know how this could be accomplished, but maybe if the system never put you in a division while keeping track of your MMR? With this option these people could use the ladder for what its intended for. A way to play an evenly matched game. Personally I like to keep track of my league, but I know its not for everyone. I think it would be a fair option to have.Abstraction21 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Problems With Terran Race I'm not here to troll, nor complain about Terran, I just need some help: I hardly ever can beat Terran as Zerg. The last ZvT game I played (I was of course Zerg), my enemy went mass Thor, so I went mass zergling which is the hard counter to thor but shortly before I was about to move out, he scanned my base and got a lucky scan, right on my army. I had some hydras in there to but not that many. He quickly then went streight into battle cruisers and I lost. :( His tanks also tore through my zerglings like butter.... The only time I stand a chance against Terran is when he/she does not mass up on one type of unit, but sadly here in Bronze legue, that happens a lot... What is the true hard counter to mass thor and tank? What can I do when he scans my entire army? Help please!bjpiersII18 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Code S right now (1/9/2012) OMFG...JJAKJI IS INSANEWardeath29 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Burrowed surprises not very often do i see burrowed banelings.. i saw them a few times in bronze and silver but not since gold...actually ever.. even playing team games in diamond i rarely see banelings used in a burrowed fashion when i say burrowed fashion, i mean: leaving a few at an expo and detonating underground once workers arrive or leaving a few on a high traffic route waiting for enemy's then detonate underground to encourage retreat or weaker forces yeah, like i said, i dont really ever see anyone using the burrowed detonate anymore. Is it, like, not good or something? I dont play zerg so i dont know but i would assume it has its place..really just asking lolwawacrates9 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Explain this to me Why are all the really expensive tier three units always slow bulky and not micro-able? Does this seem backwards to anyone else? Is it just because Blizzard fills in the harassment part of the game in the second tier? Remember flux vanes? OP right? Well I suppose but what if every race had a unit that could move real fast and deal loads of damage?Drawde10 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Tim Tebow If Tim Tebow played SC2, what race would he be and why?Moranall24 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Return of the Terran Emperor Boxer is about to play his first code S matches! (in about 1 hour 30mins) Who else is out there supporting the Emperor!?!BHFBERSERK1 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Where can I find a"Save the Carrier" petition I was actually excited about the new expansion until I saw the unit changes. Lordy say it aint so!! I bet you're removing it because it's too strong now and you don't want more people learning of it's awesome power. On a fairly related note, whats with the new protoss units being so shiny? please tone it down a bit for our eyes' sake? :) Also! Where are the lurkers for zerg!? It's their expansion, and they're getting two lousy units? Not even lurkers?!!? for shame. Ok the units aren't that lousy they're actually pretty brilliant. I guess I just want to see those lurkers.. I don't mean to bring on an agressive tone, but you should really reconsider some of the multiplayer units that will be in HotS, and try to stay a little more true to the original, like you did with Wings of Liberty. yours truly, a (temporarily) happy sc playerMares0 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 The official Support GulDhor thread Hello all, as you may or may not know, Baconlord GulDhor will be having surgery done to him tomorrow morning. It will most likely that he will need three weeks to recover. Plz send him Bacon in support. Get well soon GulDhor. *gives bacon* ... ... wow I cannot believe Daxxarri would show his support, wow this is incredible, that is like 10 pieces of bacon XD much appreciated http://lifestyle.nykola.com/images/BaconIsBetter_Fullpic_1.gifFLSquirrel119 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 FF Ramps ? I'm curious as to why this hasn't been addressed? Especially with some of the new 1v1 maps added in the map pool; the ability to FF a ramp and cut off Zerg (my main race) from the natural is astounding. I'm not a balance Guru but this strikes me as being a major problem for the game; that a single FF can cut entire army / race in half so easily. How has this not been addressed by Blizzard? The only suggestion I can think of to help with this is to have it being impossible to place a FF on a ramp. Instead have it so that the protoss has to either FF the bottom or the top of the ramp and have it set so that it takes ~3 FF to block ramp movement. All this does is make it more energy demanding to cut off bases so that 3 sentries can't hang back and troll ya essentially. Actually if a FF is placed on a Ramp i want the animation to be a troll face; that way i can get a laugh out of losing my nat and spines and drones and not just rage. Tl;DR How the hell hasn't Blizzard addressed FF being placed on ramps?Momentum193 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Name changes for starcraft 2 Blizzard we are begging you , so that we can take advantage of having the ability to change our names even after using the two free name changes that come with the game.TheTHC3 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Just won 2 games and got losses (hack/glitch) I just played two 3v3 games and won them. After the game, the match history said we got a loss, and the score screen says RESULTS DISAGREE! Also, those games were placements. We now played 6 games and we're still not placed, just like those 2 games didn't count (the losses still show on my profile though) Both the games were against the same guys, so I suspected them of using some kind of hack, or abusing a big glitch. Someone in my team says he asked juicipen (one of the kids in the other team) and he said he is abusing a glitch... Not sure if its true, but he said it. I think it should get fixed asap before it becomes too popular... :/ here are 4 screenshots of the losses and scorescreens (the points clearly show that we won the games too) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Alteena/Screenshot2012-01-0817_00_13.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Alteena/Screenshot2012-01-0817_00_25.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Alteena/Screenshot2012-01-0817_14_29-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Alteena/Screenshot2012-01-0817_14_33.jpgBenji7 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 How to recover when you lose 8 in a row? I was a top platinum and then got smashed by many diamonds and top platinums. I feel really confused about how to proceed. I even got scv rushed when i was FEing and lost...Need comforting hahaRagnarok8 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 THE WORST CHEESE!!! Yesterday i went to a farmers market, and bought some cheese which looked really good. When i came home i opened the cheese. it was starting to mold, and gave off the smell of a dead skunk. i would not recommend anyone to buy this cheese, as it smelled and looked disgusting (of course i did not try it, i was afraid of dying from just inhaling the smell)BigDaddyV10 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Results Disagree! Has blizzard done anything about these hacks? What happens is that the person is about to lose, so the hack makes the game invalid and says the results disagree. Therefore, the game is NOT counted as a loss and the person loses no points. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1898982/1/nGsSojU/ ^ is an example of a person using this hack. I saw it live on NSH Tassadar's stream.Ovechkin16 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 We Hate Blizzard With A Passion It's very cold, you're stuck indoor and, can't see two dip! If you're sane, you'll agree.Sky6 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 SC2 on Ubuntu? My Windows is whining that it isn't genuine, so I was wondering, is it possible to just boot up and play StarCraft on Ubuntu? I know Ubuntu is like Linux, and Linux is pretty similar to Mac OSX. So, is it possible?Brutal5 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Everyone should just realize That no race is OP and neither is the guy who just beat you, because chances are you beat his race as well. What it more comes down to is mechanics, micro, macro and decision making. The game is more of a outplay your opposition, you can tell by who's won GSL's Mvp(T), MC(P) and NesTea(P). Everyone should just stop being stubborn and realize you need to outplay your opponent and figure out how to beat what he did, not call it OP and hope Blizz. nerfs it. Just saying.SoMCrazed8 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Vromrig Streaming! http://www.twitch.tv/vromrig Diamond random, gogo.sGMario10 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Why Haven't Gold Expo's Been Removed Yet? I mean, it was obvious how imba they were since this game's release...Greasy13 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Casting Recording Questions I've been looking into casting SC2 and want to know the best software to use to do so. I currently have Fraps, which run great and has a great quality to the picture, the problem I have is with a noise in the background. I have a Sager gaming laptop with three fans built in and was wondering if this is the cause. If it is the fan that's making the noise, how do i get rid of that in the cast? Also, Fraps can only record on 3D animations like youtube videos and SC2, so when I minimize, it doesn't record. I wanted to know how other people record their screens as well as their SC2 games in the same cast.Ragnarok1 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 New player looking to develop strategy Hey, I've been playing SC2 for a month or two and I've mastered the basics of each race. I can usually beat the A.I. on Hard settings, but I am getting thrashed in multiplayer. I need to learn specific builds, and strategies for each race so I can compete and actually win some matches. Battle.net is basic stuff and Youtube has a lot of Master level play. Where can I learn advanced beginner tactics and strategy?draconis8 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Atk or Def when facing X race Do you go +1 atk or +1 def when facing X Race? For me I always go +1 atk as Terran vs. anyoneMTE9 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 3 wins placement and bronze? Okay, im lacking to understand this at all. For when i first started playing like 2 weeks ago i won two placement for 1v1 and got put in silver, downgraded since. Just did 2v2 with a friend and we won 3 out of the 5 and got put in bronze? This doesnt make any sense to me at all. We are playing all silver so i know we on verge, but like 3 wins usually is gold for most of my friends. Why did we get bronze Blackmetal4 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 So hypocritical Protoss Every map this easily able to be FFE and walled off i have been cannoned by a FFE toss and no matter how many drones i pull im always behind, they deny the expo and are so far ahead its stupid. How do you stop it, or should it be fixed because imo it should be fixed because of how stupid it is to be 3 pylon walled and cannoned.Calamue45 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 QQ post someone please explain Ok first post on the forums guys. I need someone to explain something to me cause im qq'ing hard right now. Over the past weekend ive been 1v1'ing and going up my silver ladder. (I know im a silver noob) I started at 29 and today i got up to 6 in my division. I was going on an 8 game win streak when i played a even match protoss on one of my bad maps. I did my standard build vs protoss and killed his main but he didn't get revealed so i went and scouted up to find his other base. He was at the gold base and transitioned into mass zealots with charge and wiped up my army and ruined my 8 game streak. After the game I got a message saying that I was demoted down to bronze. I just am curious how a rank 6 silver player can be demoted down to bronze after one loss. I'm ranked 3 in my new bronze league so i shouldn' be that hard to get promoted but if someone could just explain the system where the choice to demote me seems logical I would appreciate it. Thanks guys and please no making fun of my silver now bronze :( league level.SickZergBro5 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Chrono upgrades sigh... I lost a match some 2 days back and I spent sometime reviewing what I could have done to avoid the situation. The protoss was behind on upgrades 0/0 to my 2/2. I scanned to confirm. Roughly 3-4 minutes later I push out expecting a no contest and the guy was on 2/2 with 3/3 only seconds away from completion. How do I even compete with that. I emped his army and we exchanged forces all over the map. In the end I lost the 30 minute game. I really think I had the game in the bag if it wasn't for those upgrades. I watched the replay and he chronoed all the way through 1/1 and 2/2. (mostly) Any tips?Roach15 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Terran Tank Pushes hey forum i am a silver league protoss player and lately i have had some problem with siege tanks. if the terran sieges outside of my ramp and slowly pushes up how can i prevent him from comming up because the more way i give the closer he comes to my production. (i use forcefields and snipe flying units ie: medivacs) i want to know how to fight this. i am being expo blocked and the tanks shell my units when i try to fight him. my usual reaction to this is to build a robo and send a warp prism to put pressure on his base since all his units are at my front door but unfortunately it doesnt always resolve in him in a full retreat or a game win? how can i stop the siege tank push?Inadzay7 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 season 6? when does season 6 start? if anyone knows....crayfish4 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 OMG Really!? I'm finally out of bronze in 1v1!!!!! It's a miracle! I thought the day would never come! Thank you StarCraft Gods!Scorch13 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 FFA, why not have it ranked? Okay im going to make this short and sweet. I think FFA should be ranked. Like, why shouldn't it be? It takes skill to win, you have same chances as everyone else, and the best will progress just like in the ranked matches. There is no reason why FFA shouldnt be ranked. This is why you have custom games, for unranked.Blackmetal9 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 Mid-High masters zerg LF practise partners I'm a high masters zerg (top 1000 in NA) looking for players of similar skill of each race to play some practise games and test some/practise against multiple builds. Add me, Lotsofpie 664 or post right here in this thread.Lotsofpie2 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 LADDER MMR AND LEAGUES Can blizzard make some addition to battle.net where it helps us in some way tell us how close we are to achieving a promotion or a de-promotion? I have been in plat league forever with many people telling me I should be higher, and myself feeling i should be higher. It is quite aggrivating to play many games not knowing if they are going to place me in a higher league or not.Zamber4 Jan 9, 2012
Jan 9, 2012 "There are 20 Zerglings afk at the third." That line by cloud really made me crack up during that last game as JYP was killing Violet in the Homestory Cup third place match ;P The players have done a great job casting this tournament.SharkWLazors20 Jan 9, 2012