General Discussion

Mar 5, 2012 State of PvT Ok imagine a scale with two places to put weights. As weight is added to one side, it imbalaces the scale because it is unequal. Now, put exactly 5.0kg on each side. This effectively represents this match up.BananaKing9 Mar 5, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 what is toss counter to marauders? with slowJaliy239 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 [High Masters Zerg Stream] LMntMasa http://www.justin.tv/lmntmasaLMntMasa0 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Plat-Dia tournament tonight! 3/3 !! Let's make this quick- To sign up for VPL sign up to http://vplstarcraft.enjin.com there you will receive information on events sooner (tournament information released 2-3 days before public informed) and meet a community of low-mid level players (gold- mid masters so far) that are all great fun and willing to practice. The list is growing and we are working on incorporating some higher level players as well as lower level players. Tournament details- Date and time- Saturday March 3 at 9PM Eastern US coast time. YOU MUST SIGN IN 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE START OF THE TOURNAMENT. (if you unsure what this equates to, check a time zone map :P) Where and when to check in- You must sign up on http://www.z33k.com/games/starcraft2/tournaments/5846-vplcraft-plat-dia-double-elim. Once you have signed up, you need to be aware of check in times on the site, which will start 30 minutes before the actual start of the tournament. YOU MUST ALSO BE IN THE CHAT "VPL" IF YOU ARE NOT IN "VPL" AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF THE TOURNAMENT, YOU MAY NOT GET TO PLAY. YOU SHOULD ALSO BE AVAILABLE, NOT IN A GAME, AND NOT OBSERVING A GAME!! Sorry about the caps lock, but we have sooooo many issues that could be easily resolved by having players in the chat and available so they can read exactly what's going on. If you don't abide by the above bolded text, you might not be able to play. It seems @@##ish for us to do this, but it isn't fair to the other 25 people who followed the rules to wait for the 7 that are screwing around, and don't know what's going on. Anyway.... Coverage- http://www.livestream.com/losscraft (my channel) http://www.livestream.com/vplsc2 (valryn's channel) http://www.twitch.tv/extragreasy (Greasy's channel) Based on our success for last weeks weeknight tournament, I expect a great turn out and a great tournament :) GL HF everyone! <strong/>ProbableLoss117 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Comp Specs So...I just wanted to get some professional opinions. What is the highest graphical setting I could put StarCraft 2 on with what I have of this system: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20, 2.20 GHz NVidia GeForce 8500 GT 2 GB RAM That's all I have. Any suggestions on how to squeak out some better graphics?JRaynor8 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 I have lag help? I have pretty bad lag when I'm joining a 1v1 game no matter if its a custom or ladder, my units have a 1 to 1.5 second delay when I'm trying to command them to do something but when I play any other custom I do not lag at all any reason why this is happening?Apprentice4 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 fight to protect the carrier Even though I am a terran player, there is still some sort of feeling bout the carriers that makes me wanna see em more often this is a thead on Team Liquid Firstly, I would like to bring up the Protoss late-game army and how 1-dimensional, 1 size fits all it has become. We are all very familiar with the deathball. A few zealots to talk, a lot of stalkers, 3-5 colossi, 3-5 high templar, few archons, perhaps a mothership, perhaps a immortal or 2, observer. This army can be seen as the 200 food army in nearly any match up. It doesn't need to be this way. The Carrier poses a new playstyle, as seen in BW. In BW, Carriers allowed Protoss to play the game in a way that was more about securing territory, then using the carriers to fortify that territory, then eventually slowly pushing your way forward. Carriers were not a unit that you would get enough of, then charge across the map, as we typically see with the Protoss deathball. Sure, in PvT we dance with Ghosts and in PvZ we dance with infestors, but it is more or less the same thing. The Carrier provides the capability to launch air assaults, cliff-hugging harassment, etc. I don't think I need to describe to everyone the sort of play styles that were available in BW. Carriers present those who play SC2 more ways to enjoy playing as protoss as well as against Protoss. No matter what the strategy is, when its the same thing every time, it gets boring for everyone. There are many avenues through which the deathball comes to be, but it is the 200 food Protoss army. It took a very long time for the Infestor to get the use it gets now, and that's while being a good unit. There is no telling what sort of creative uses for the carrier professional players could come up with if it were tweaked to be more viable. you can read more on TL http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306311 +1 fight for it or -1 lose itTAJustTris0 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Will we get a diff BNet background come HotS? Similar to how Warcrat RoC's background changed to Frozen Thrones can we expect a zerg themed back ground for BnetShadoWMatriX6 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Loking for Co-op Partners Looking for 1-2 partners who will help me get some very hard and insane achievements. Send me a message if u are interrested. I always try and play co-op but in just seaches for 10mins with no luck. someone please help .MNJ0 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Why is TvP so easy in gold and below? I've won most of my TvP's so far since ive got used to the silver league and gold. One kid got 6 colo and 7 ht and a lot of stalkers and I just responded with a 200/200 army of 3-3 ups and attack at 18 with 8 vikings, 3 ghost, 2 medivacs, and a lot of marines and marauders, I just emp'd away at his HT and sniped them, and emp'd his army as well, stim, split army up to minimize colo and storm damage. One protoss he claims he lost because he could of "easily" sniped my vikings with his stalkers and said it'd be gg for me, he also said if I hadn't of emp'd his HT he would of steam rolled me, i dont see how good a split up army does vs storm, especially when you have a 3-3 army vs a 1-0-2 army. I saw mistakes in his play which was; He amoved and lost his HT's before he got to storm; he never blinked ontop of my vikings, adn the etc of micro problems. Is TvP hard in higher leagues or easier? Because i find TvP ez in silver. TheGreatOne22 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Watch Boxer vs Ret now Live http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/IronSquid You don't want to miss thisFearest4 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 The first IRL Wraith Prototype: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji9oTAONTdI&feature=related Its got the wings the sides, now it just needs the laser underneath. And no Boeing is just an aircraft company not a galaxy-spanning spacecraft industrial empire.... not yet anyways.FockeWulf3 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 about the scmaster portrait. does anyone else feel it should have been earned through beating all 30 of the challenges?COGRetroFax15 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Quest to diamond. Things are going well, supplies are scarce and the hellions are running out of gas. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/3213568/1/NoVaDragon/ The zerglings are hungry and the zealots sad. Today is a brave day for the almighty emperor of space.BcDragon12 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 How to make "StarCraft Master" Challenging This is a fun contest me and a friend did. You can do it with any number of people, the more people the more fun it is. Play "StarCraft Master" and see who can do all the challenges in order first. But here's the twist. If you fail a challenge you have to go back and start at the last checkpoint. There is a check point every 5 levels and at level 28, once you reach the checkpoint you start at that challenge every time you fail. CHECKPOINTS: Challenge #1 Challenge #5 Challenge #10 Challenge #15 Challenge #20 Challenge #25 Challenge #28 Challenge #30 NOTES: You do not have to beat that checkpoint challenge to mark it as a checkpoint. Once you reach it, it counts as a checkpoint. Challenge #28 is a checkpoint because of it's difficulty, hey if Blizzard puts in a challenge were they admit that the Ghost is useless without the 45 damage then we deserve a checkpoint. There would be a checkpoint at #21 because of it's difficulty but since #20 is extremely easy, we left it at #20.It took me and my friend 2 hours to complete this. Feel free to adjust the rules, and make up your own. Tweak it and make it your own. In the words of waiters all around the world: ENJOY!TheProgramer3 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 This forum needs a new rule For every thread created to whine about balance, you must do several things: 1) Provide replays. 2) Explain in detail why said replays show imbalance. 3) Your explanation must exclude statements such as "I would have won that engagement but Forcefield/Marines/Broodlords are OP", and leaving it at that. Posters who do not follow these rules should be smited by the almighty Banhammer and be given a vacation from the forums for a week or so for polluting our brains with their mindless whining. Ganthor9 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 ZvP - Base trade to win 7gate blink? I picked up in the pre-GSL article that even players like DRG consider this to be one of the scariest attacks. The one time Genius used it in the finals he won (with some scout denial). It's all over the Master and GM streams and Zergs are losing left and right. People tout perfect macro with roach/ling but with any sort of shenanigans to disrupt your macro this is gimmicky defense at best. Some spout that Hydras are the way to go with Lings or with roaches (I never ever see this happen in pro games). Some say Infestor/ling shows promise, but its very vulnerable to just a +1 zealot timing if scouted. It seems like base trades are the most even endings in this situations. It's the only time I can win as a noob:) Can anyone please link any vods/replays that are specific examples of this scenario: Toss FFE > 2 base blink allin, hits around 10:30+ Zerg took early 3rd in response then....???....and wins. I really need to get into the guts of this MU and figure it out before I lose all faith in the legitimacy of a PvZ that allows this to happen. Phoenix8 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Wrongful account ban/closure my account was recently closed due to blizzard claiming that I used "Unauthorized Cheat Programs ("Hacks")". I appealed twice but both times I got similar responses saying the account closer was accurate. However, no details or proof of any hacking was provided. I do not believe my account was hacked by someone else as I was on every day and monitored my activity closely. If anyone has gone through a similar experience or can provide any insight on what (if anything at this point) I can do to gain my account back I would appreciate it very much.DaShortGirl19 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Heart of the Swarm? When does the expansion heart of the swarm come out?XERXES7 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Upgrade to chat channels Similar to how battle.net one were. Please? The gameplay is great, but you got to follow through with the user interface. Not only on aesthetics but basic commands /w and pretty much get the community going without leaving the Starcraft 2 screen to go to some fan site. Clan support would be great as well. You could just have a system similar to Warcraft 3 clan ranks, and let it build itself up from there. Yes I know there's a part 1.0 -> 5.0 currently, but people argued down the line and it went off on a tangent. Just keeping this nice, short, and simple =)Voltraxis0 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Starcraft Master Portrait The new portrait looks amazing, kudos to blizzard! But I'm starting to think it isn't worth it anymore seeing as everybody will have this after a week or so. But I would really like it is Blizzard did more of these kinds of things :)Homesliceboy16 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Decals keep resetting My decals keep resetting to the default decals and i don't know....... Also when i go to my profile page it says i have 1505 achievement points but from the home website, it says i have 1435. In the client it says that i have 1505 achievement points as well. I was just wondering why this is............ Thanks... Another problem is that my BlizzConquerer and Cataclysm achievements keep updating their date...as in the date in which they were unlocked keeps updating to the latest day i log in...MleTempS1 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 How Do You Beat This Koreany Strategy? http://drop.sc/126623 How do I beat this strategy? It started off with a weirdish bunker rush which I promptly destroyed, then turned into a 1 1 1 which I fought back, then became a marine/tank/viking push which killed me. What did I do wrong and how do I beat it?Pisces2 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 APM in Replays The APM in the Bar at the top(Ctrl V) is different than the Leftmost APM(M) Is this just for me or for everyone?ShreyaSSSSM0 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Greg Canessa are you going to Fix battle.net? Across SC2 and D3 so they dont give me the feeling that I'm in the wild west with tumbleweeds rolling around everywhere?MissBella0 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Why TvP is unbalanced http://replayfu.com/download/WQjBXk This a joke? For all the Protoss that say Terran is OP check this out. Constant A-moves from the toss must be hard playin toss. Why hasn't Blizz done anything about this matchup? QoGxManifesT500 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 overlord needs to be reworked at. I find them have couple problems 1. they are slow 1.8 why? for ability to transport this is kinda like going backwords where most ground forces is at speed 3 and bonus on creep is 4. but you put them in transport and they become half the speed that they are. 2. they give pop 8 and can carry 4 units that is pop 8 or pop 6 or pop 2. This becomes huge problem especially when your drops move at 1.8 speed. The ideal to transport your whole army is insane. because the risk to be pop blocked is too high. because you never cary more then units you have, and unless your all ready sitting at 200. Their is no way of knowing how many over lords you have. say excaple you have 120 pop and want to drop 5 over lords with 20 hydras. So you will need to be 120/160 to be safe of not being pop blocked. but doing the whole time you really can't make any units. For making any units will cause you be pop blocked of remaxing your army. so any units you make you need to add almost 5 overlords to be safe. lings and blings become even worse, because can only hole 8 lings 4 pop, and 4 blings 2 pop. to do raid would almost make you have to use all your overlords. which almost gaurity you be pop blocked. Because I feel the risk of useing overlords drops such huge risk vs medivacs or warp prisin. on top of costing 300/300 for speed and cargo which is way over price it seems. yes it transforms all your 1.8 overlords into transport but can only hold poor amount units that would requires an whole army to be even a threat. So doing nothing change to overlord then it should be unlock tech from spire. I really dont see any change should really ever make it cost price tag it has on it. Even speed of 3.0 and double its cargo (might be worth 300/300)SaintSkippy11 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 New Desktop - Help Hey guys, Looking to buy a new desktop. I'm not highly tech savvy (only know what I can understand when I research) so when its time to buy a new comp. I generally ask my friends within the blizzard gaming community to help me out. The last time you guys steered me in the right direction so I am coming to you once again.... Give me your input on whats good, what should I look for and any certain combination of specs to watch out for. (keeping price in mind) Not really wanting to go over $1200. I would like this new desktop to play SC2 on High settings with a good frame rate. I also play games like Company of Heroes and Dawn of War. (Trying to get back into WoW, but concentrating on the rest of the SC2 trilogy) Other than those games I just go back to the basics with WC3 and SC1 and they are not as demanding. Here are some that I have been looking at: Dell XPS 8300 $910 Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor(8MB Cache, 3.4GHz) Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English Memory 8GB3 DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz Hard Drive 1000GB2 SATA hard drive (7200RPM) Video Card 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 545 the NEW Alienware X51 $900 - $950 Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2320 3.0GHz (6MB Cache) with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English Memory 8GB4 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz Hard Drive 1000GB3 SATA hard drive (7200RPM) Video Card 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 545 OR 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 555 240W External Power Supply or 330W iBUYPOWER Gamer Paladin D858 $1199 (the most I am willing to spend) Processor intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English Memory 8GB DDR3 1600 Memory Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB Hard Drive 1TB SATA-III 7200rpm HDD Liquid CPU cooling 700W power supply iBUYPOWER X79 Configurator $989 Processor Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Processor Memory 8GB DDR3 1600 Memory Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 520 1GB Hard Drive 1TB SATA-III 7200rpm HDD Liquid CPU cooling 450W power supply I am completely open to comments. You can call me a dumbass for thinking these four are good platforms, but as long as you steer me in the right direction I don't mind in the least bit. So... tell me what you think.Tuefelhunden11 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 How do you post a replay? Sorry for the dumb question I just don't know how.thanos1 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Live long, and prosper. Goodbye, star trek. Hello enterprise. Hello, Star Craft Two. Rawr. I would like to be the very best, the one that no one ever was- but- if I can only get to the level of flash, or maybe even jaedong, I know I will be among gods. Live long and prosper. You have made starcraft what it is. Hello Boxer. You are the best. ROAR.Spock5 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 how to complete round 30 with ease no hotkeys required. no loading/unloading crap. here's how you do it at start, hold position medivac quickly highlight the tank, right click medivac to dodge the first volley of shots. if you get hit by the first volley, reset. after you load the tank, click the portrait of the tank inside the madivac to unload. DO NOT PRESS D. when you see the next volley of shots coming, right click medivac again to load. repeat until you kill the first stalker. you should have taken barely to no damage on your tank so far. now do the same thing for stalker 2. it gets easier cause there's less volleys coming at you. when you get the 2nd stalker down to half hp, your medivac should now be gone. just kill the rest of the stalkers. i beat it with 4 hp left on the tank. the trick is not to press D to unload. YOU CLICK THE TANK PORTRAIT INSIDE THE MEDIVAC TO UNLOAD. with this method, only the mouse is required.Jaliy0 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Warhoud Fix Instead of the warhound, give the Viking (ground version) the warhound's stats. Make it available from the Factory in addition to the Starport, and it not able to transform to the air version untill a Starport is built.TheProgramer5 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 starcraft master? EZPZ that was such a joke. appearently im a master at starcraft. pfft, im bronze, but im still a "master" at starcraft. cool right? all of them were so easy except for the last 3, those require being korean or something.... ... btw, in the "Let's Dance" challenge, if you just /dance all your units you complete it.shadowhawk49 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 OMG Random is OP/UP again. How shall we as SC2 players fix this problem? Proof: * http://imgur.com/a/1aAfu *hippopotamus0 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Starcraft Master cheaters i think blizzard wanted to people to have the change to practice their micro and to get better....for some reason some people ask for help "how to beat this round". please do not write down "tutorials", you are not helping people to improve. how would you be a better player if you read and follow the steps like a robot? you are not a master...because you didn`t think "how would i defeat this" you just copy paste a strat Thoughts? ps: i suck i barely defetead some rounds, some rounds i do not have a clue how to defeat them tryng to figure by my selfVranx30 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 New Starcraft 2 replay podcast Hello all! I've decided to do a simple set of replays from my ventures in the lower leagues. If you like watching the game played, like giving tips or advice, or just feel like wasting time, please visit my you tube channel sometime. Replay #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQP5k5GhWAE Replay #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXxCmzyQSTgHypersonic2 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 DongRaeGu WINS GSL '12 Season One Congratulations DongRaeGu! Great matchesEdge28 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Can't find master challenge Can someone please direct me to where I can play the master challenge for the new portraits/achievements etc? I have looked all over the web but its crowded with tutorials - cannot seem to find it. Thank you,paradox1 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Promotion!? I'm rank 5 in platinum, I have a 70 % win-rate in my last 20 games (14/20). Promotion soon?sGvDaemon10 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Ghosts haven't been changed in challenges Blizzard- Since you changed the damage that snipe does, I think you should alter the snipes in challenges, so that people don't think they can rely on snipes in multiplayer the way they do in the challenge. You might even have to change the way the challenges are balanced, but I don't think that it is good to just leave it untouched.jodudeit19 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 lol wow master portait is lame. pretty much everyone has it now it makes me feel like what i did was easy. so my question is how long do you think this trend will last? i give it 3 weeksgeras38 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Thoughts on Starcraft Master Alright This is probably the best micro related game i ever played, i think i finally decoded what level of skill is really required for the rounds and its quite funny when my friend and i thought about and how this is probably one of the only portraits that portray some sort of skill, well here goes (i already beat all 30 rounds if anyone is wondering) 1-24: easy typical starcraft micro, beat these with easy, bump everyone once in a while but nothing bad 25-29: pro player micro (keep in mind you get many tries to complete them while pros get one chance during a tournament, so just cuz u beat it doesnt mean your pro) 30: Automaton 2000 micro, i survived with a 4hp tank after many,many...many,many tries Pretty awesome game, being a terran player i did pretty bad when i had to use zerg or toss but sniper practice, baneling vs baneling, and lets dance were probably among my fav's so just wondering how did you guys do in this game that teaches you how to abuse units abilities edit: any reason why portrait was for 25 rounds completed and not 30, my friend got stuck on 29 and said even he shouldnt get it cuz the first 25 were easy modeToastyrat0 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 What race is easier to play? Mine or yours?Brianisgreat21 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Laptop with external keyboard? For those of you that play SC2 on laptops, do you play with an external keyboard?Jokim13 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Comp specs for SC2 Ultra? So my computer got stolen, and I'm about to buy this new laptop and have no idea what specs mean what and if it will be able to run the game. Computer specs are a foreign language to me. Intel Core i7-2630 QM 2.00GHZ 8 gigs of ram Geforce GTX 560M Windows 7 Its made by Asus. Is that enough info? Can anyone tell me if these specs will be enough to run SC2 on ultra without any issues? Thank you in advance to anyone with any information. Mortivore34 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Please Implement!-Good Interface Suggestions I know starcraft is trying hard to make their interface one of the most robust ones, and it's already really good, but these additions can make it even better: 1. On terran production buildings with reactors, if health bars are enabled, they also need to show 2 production bars instead of just 1! 2. In replay mode, they need a buildings tab, like the units tab, this helps users and casters to know what is already up, because sometimes they are built in hidden areas and are hard to find 3. In replay mode, all the icons in the tabs (unita/buildings/upgrades) SHOULD BE CLICKABLE. Clicking it will center the view on that unit or building. If there are multiple ones of the same unit/building type, it should cylcle through them as u keep clicking it. (Edit/Added) 4. The data that shows on the fancy on-screen panels (only available in 1v1) should also be available on the normal tabs. Stuff like workers killed and total worker count made in the entire game This will also be a great help to casters and replay viewers Please implement these ideas! It won't imbalance the game, it will just make it betterUType7 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 what I dont understand Is why the same topics which are reposted every single day consistently make it back up to 10 plus pages. We all have already read that people dont like the snipe nerf, we all have already read that your race is UP Vs the other OP race, we all have already read that mutas require specific defense, that people hate colossus, and that terran think they are the only race which require skill. Who keeps posting them over and over, and why do people read them over and over? Aren't there other things worth considering in this game that deserve attention?ThBuffaloMan3 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Problems launching SC2? 03/03/2012 Is anybody experiencing problems launching SC2 today? I just get a black screen and the "loading" spinner...Rufinazo3 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 Thoughts on Random? What do you think when you start a game against a random player, and why? I'm just curious.Scurvy15 Mar 4, 2012
Mar 4, 2012 why zerg is underpowed http://i.imgur.com/WNmIC.jpgEclipse11 Mar 4, 2012