General Discussion

Jan 25, 2012 Maintenance Question Do you think if it is possible to not have both SC2 and WoW servers to be under maintenance on the SAME day?Fonix1 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Ultralisks I like Ultralisks :D How do you guys think their burrow charge ability will play out in Heart of the Swarm?TNacuskev21 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Behold The mighty baconlord shall rise once again DollarS0 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Zerg de-evolved from SC1 to SC2 Ive been thinking it IS funny that the zerg actually de-evolved, hydras were so much better in SC1 as you could have them earlier and they had 2 upgrades, and now? well they require lair and have only one upgrade. This is not a balance-rant, (I do know Hydras are in a bad position right now) that is not the point, i just thought this was funny enough to point it out, youknow cuz zergs are all about evolving and adaptingMiguelAMT17 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 I got my SC2 battle.net name changed! I want to thank Ikarimekki who was the Blizzard Customer Service Representative that made it happen. I'm honestly shocked so that's why I am telling you guys my story. First off I started by reading this which was on reddit a few weeks ago: http://hijinksinc.com/2010/08/05/how-to-change-your-battle-net-name-in-starcraft-2/ "Looking for a way to change your name in Starcraft 2? While Blizzard has stated they won’t allow vanity name changes currently, under certain circumstances you can have your name changed by contacting their customer service department." -True You have to click the link on that site which takes you here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit?locale=en_US (Please notice that the layout of the screen shot on the guide, is now a different looking form to fill out on the Blizzard ticket support page. Select: 'I have an issue with my account or payment billing' -> 'I want to change something in my battle.net account. Then there's an text box below where you explain your case. Now I noticed in the guide by "Fred" the Blizzard representative emails him back asking for the following information: In order to proceed with this requested name change, and before I can move forward I will need to know the following information: ----------------------- A) Your Full name as it appears: B) Battle.net account name: C) Your Current Character Name: D) Your Character Code (Which may be verified by scrolling over your character portrait with your mouse): E) Five character names that you would be happy with typed out exactly how you wish them to appear: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - ----------------------- So I decided, as a Technical Professional myself (IRL) to include this information in the initial email as it might only be a few clicks away on the representatives side to changing the account information once they verified all my information. So here is my support ticket that I sent word for word: ----------------------- Justin R########## Greetings, I am requesting the chance to change my battle.net account name. My current battle.net starcraft 2 name has my old "clan/gaming team" name in front of my gaming handle which is just 'Nizzy'. At the time of this name change in November I did not know how rare they would be. I thought paid name change would be implemented by now. I am requesting to have a name change, and I promise I will never change my handle again. I want to be known just as "Nizzy". If I join a clan I will wait until clan support on battle.net is ready and show that I'm in a clan that way, while still being just "Nizzy." xiNizzy -> Nizzy Thanks for understanding and your time. A) Your Full name as it appears: Justin R########## B) Battle.net account name: jr##########@gmail.com C) Your Current Character Name: xiNizzy D) Your Character Code (Which may be verified by scrolling over your character portrait with your mouse): 652 E) Five character names that you would be happy with typed out exactly how you wish them to appear: 1 - Nizzy ----------------------- I sent this at 8/16/2011 12:01 AM Eastern time and was pretty much like 'whatever', 24-48 hours, yeah I know the drill blizz... So I went to bed earlier then usually and in the morning I saw I got an email from my droid phone from Blizzard and that the ticket was already 'answered.' A quick click and scroll down in the email and I went: JNCDAD823NDI2U3D89023NDUI2 FD3J890DNRETUVNFDJVN489HFBIJHDSBVFJHDSBVJNDSF JKDSNBV FDVKFDVJKLFDNVJKFDVFDVDFVDFSV FD GFDGFDG BDFVFDV BHGFDGBFD WHAT!!! I never ran to my computer so fast and logged onto battle.net. Surely, enough after putting in the login/password there was my new corrected account name! Here is there message back: ----------------------- Ikarimekki Customer Service Representative Account Name: SC21 Old Character Name: xiNizzy New Character Name: Nizzy As a special courtesywe have changed your StarCraft II character name. When you next login, your name should be selected. :) If you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket. If you would rather speak with a representative directly, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs. ----------------------- This message was received at: 8/16/2011 2:09 AM, Just 2 hours after I sent the ticket request! I was really happy and had to leave a thank you response to Ikarimekki. ----------------------- Ikarimekki, You are the fastest CSR for Blizzard Entertainment in history! MY name is now changed! Thank you so very much for changing my account name so fast. Why are you working at 11PM on a Monday night in California? I thought Blizzard Representatives were only open until like 8PM. Thank you thank you thank you! :) Too fast <3 This means so much to me, even though its such a small change. I recently started streaming myself playing SC2 off and on 7 days a week. www.twitch.tv/nizzysc2 I am a top 8 Masters Solo/2v2 Terran player. Message me at Nizzy.### on battle.net and I will be happy to provide you with some training if you are not high masters or greater and interested. You're the best, Thanks. Take care! -Justin "Nizzy" ----------------------- The the ticket was closed. Make sure you write a nice survey after! At the start of the summer I called Blizzard support and talked to a live representative and asked for a change and the guy was cool but basically said we can't do that. I was very frustrated just like everyone else that wants a name change for the multiple reasons (old clan tag, made your name some pro's name to be funny, sick of your account name, etc) I don't know why it is so hard to get name changes for this game. I wish everyone luck. Maybe you have to get the right person at the right time. I know it can be frustrating, and after seeing how this was done and resolved so fast I'm even more confused of why something is not implemented yet. I was seriously willing to pay 100 dollars right from my credit card for a name change because I didn't want to lose all my games played statistics (even though they aren't that great) with buying a new account. Goodluck with the name change HuK, thanks Ikarimekki!! -NizzyNizzy12 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 MPA wants YOU if you are +30 yo Hey there Clan MPA is still open to new members. Only requirement is being 30 yo or more. So far, oldest member is in EU and he is 65. Come hang out with your peers, get some practice and play some games with us, no matter if you are Bronze or Masters, competitive or casual, there is room for everybody. Find us in-game by going to the chat channel MPA or add me if you want more info. Waiting to hear from ya.MPAiznogood52 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Proposed change to Broodlords They now fire two Broodlords.Internet7 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 This actually frustrates me.. Just note I'm actually not bragging in this thread, and I'm not one to boast. I was thinking about my match ups today (I play protoss) and was considering which matchups were strongest, and which were weakest. My PvT is SO ridiculously strong, I basically win 1/3rd of my match ups (I scrimmage vs Terran Masters players). My PvP is also remarkable, (I've beaten a low level GM.. which may not matter because GM is screwed up), but I win about 50% PvPs because the matchup is so prone to all in 1 base plays. (I FE every other matchup cause I like macro :)) Now every PvZ game I play I lose. I think it may have something with not being able to scout the units they have, because usually thy don't make units until they need it, and then proceed to make a whole bunch of them, whereas in PvT I can scout what they have, estimate my advantages, and either attempt at a kill or expand. For some reason I lose every PvZ I play. I was just curious if other Protosses have this problem? Is it just that PvT is imbalanced? or am I not understanding the PvZ matchup? I feel like if PvP is fixed and I fix PvZ I have potential to get into masters (instead of low diamond :S) MeowMaster29 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Back into things I was high diamond Terran. And I havnt played in about 4 months. Whats the best way to get good again without losing tons of games online?Fearless9 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 How to balance game... Give stalker smart fire, make siege tank cost 2 supply GG.PoWeR12 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Thors and repairing scv's. I have but one question.... Why is the game designed in a way that I can actually not see nor select/box units (thors specifically) to see if there are scv's behind the thors that are attacking me? How am I supposed to make banelings in preparation to kill scv's, or even target fire the scv's with any other units if I can't see them... at all.... The only possible way to see them is if you tilt the screen... Which is quite ridiculous.... Or when the thor doesn't die... at all.. when you target fire it.Rockstar26 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 I'm back, and not finished with the stalker. PLEASE, I don't want to hear anything from gold or lower. Stalkers don't kill mutas. If a zerg missmicros mutas vs stalkers, you only get 1 or two extra stalker volleys before they leave (even with blinking forward). Give stalkers the same dps (damage per second) but increase the attack speed. NOW LISTEN, FOR ALL OF YOU PEOPLE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND, THIS IS NOT INCREASING THE DAMAGE PER SECOND, OR ANYTHING ELSE. THIS IS JUST INCREASING HOW MANY VOLLEYS YOU CAN GET VS MUTA, SO YOU DON'T MISS ANY VOLLEYS BEFORE THEY GET AWAY, MEANING THEY WILL DO MORE DAMAGE VS MUTAS, BUT NOT A BIG CHANGE VS ANYTHING ELSE.MeowMaster31 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Does anyone know the funday monday topic for next week?wawacrates3 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Online tournaments I'd like to maybe get into some low profile online tournaments.. i dont know how they work, but im not particularly looking for anything with prizes or recognition and, obviously, nothing out of the gold-ish area. Just looking to participate. does anyone know of any sources or websites i could use in finding some? im sure there are weekly ones i just dont know who would run them or where to look wawacrates0 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 How to handle a traitorous ally? I just finished a 3v3 match unlike any other I have played before. Out of curiosity I want to know what Blizzard or I can/will do about the following situation: You join a 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 and you begin to play your match just like you would any other. You would attempt to do your best to better your rank and simply have fun. Unfortunately sometimes you encounter an immature player that decides he wants to kill his allies purposely. Obviously this is infuriating when you are trying to win a match and there is no way to eliminate your traitorous ally other than individually attack his units one by when all the while you have to focus on actually winning the match against your opponents. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see players like this banned from such a great game. I hope to see an answer on this problem soon! Thanks!Zealous6 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 How can I watch pros play from their screen? I know there are streams which are great, but these guys aren't quite pro level, plus I can't really watch their videos any time that I want. Is there a big collection out there of really good players? I find I learn 10x more from watching a player play than watching a broadcast that jumps around a lot trying to cast 2 people. Seeing little micro tricks they pull off. How they ready themselves. How they balance their play. How they react when they don't know what the enemy is going. There is much to learn, and unfortunately in-game replays don't really show you exactly what is going on.Raseru5 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Master LEague 4v4 Stream! twitch.tv/imbrzyantQuark1 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Does changing things affect you? For example: I changed my name, Zalek->Elemental, and my game's improved a lot. I went from 50 something apm to 69, terrans dont scare me, etc. So, does anyone else notice anything? Random thread XDElemental6 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 You have to see this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbAT1wzS8U Do it boyeezUmadbro208 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 why low fps AND low GPU/CPU usage? When a game gets crowdy, my fps drops substantially while CPU/GPU usage stays as low as 10%. This happens on large, crowdy custom maps typically, such as desert strike. At the end when there're thousands of units on the map at once, my fps drops to a single digit, and only 20% of my cpu and 10% of my GPU is being utilized, less than in a normal lag-free situation. Why is this happening? =/ p8z68-v pro2700k @ 4.5ghz 8gb ddr3 1600mhz gtx 570 2.5gb x 2 I posted this on the tech forum but got no help, so ill try again here.Asurastrike0 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Shrink masters league If masters is supposed to be top 2% but actually represents 5% or something similar i think it's time for some regulation These are the win ratios for the bottom players in my league: 100th - 0w 1L 99th - 0w 1L 98th - 0w 1L 97th - 1w 5L 96th - 1w 0L 95th - 0w 2L 94th - 0w 1L 93rd - 2w 17L (OKAY WHAT IS GOING ON HERE) 92nd - 4w 10L it goes on. Basically the bottom 40% of my league has negative win rates or doesn't play. I understand inactivity. But this isn't inactivity. This is people sitting in leagues they don't belong in. I have started to play on another account but next season, assuming i play no games from now until then, i should be demoted from masters and put by default in to diamond league. I find it stupid that a league that is supposed to represent the very best has expanded by 150% capacity, especially when it was created out of community griping (you couldn't tell low diamond from the masters players, etc) Maybe change inactivity rules and make it more harsh? I honestly wouldn't even be opposed to dropping the lowest 50% of masters MMRs and reclassifying them as diamond. It would be great, even if it means i have to spam a few games to get back in :)Cosmonaut19 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 starcraft vs dota2 who do you think will be the bigger ESPORT game?Scythe91 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Posting a Replay Whats the easiest way to get your replay on the net only then to link ur replay to others via sc2 forums?Anubis2 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 C-14 Rifle is it 8mm or .50 ammunition. i'm confusedDemoylition30 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 hiding command post I was playing a terran and destroyed his base and thought I won. So I sent a zerglings to all the minerals and he wasn't there. Is it possible for him to have a hidden command post floating somewhere and the game doesn't reveal it? Btw I surrendered lolanthony7 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 250 supply = more epic i love watching sc2 games but i wanted to check out sc1 to see where it began and first thing i thought was this game looks bad with bad graphics limited amount of guys u can select bad pathing, the annoying fact that u have to click ever scv to mine or u cant select muti buildings. sc2 is way better. but then as i watched more i started to love how action packed it was how cool and epic the battles were. and even with this bad game there is something missing in sc2 does not have. and there are a lot of ways to get that really cool sc1 feel into sc2 but i think a big one is supply. units needed less of it in sc1 so capping was less common and when supplies capping leads to problems. i don't like seeing pros money get really high. i don't want to see players sack one type of unit or worker to leave room for a other. i don't like a maxed player losing a battle do to the fact he has to much supply in workers. i don't want to watch turrdeling on 2 base to get a giant death ball. i don't like Terran having a late game advantage by sacking there workers and just mass muling to get more supply. obviously there would be no early or mid game balance issues to this and i think it would make late late game a little more exiting. aramil21 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 State of the Union, Tune in! http://www.youtube.com/WHITEHOUSE?feature=inp-lt-SOUGTNSX7 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Masters Protoss Livestream! High guys this is vtinems livestreaming protoss at a masters level again. I'll be laddering and I will answer any questions you have :) http://www.twitch.tv/vtinemsVtinEX24 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Whatever happened to Terran 'innovating'? I'm only Diamond so this is not going to be about the current state of balance... But whatever happened to 85% of the time a protoss or zerg complained about balance... every terran player would say, "just adapt and innovate. Terran never complain, we just figure it out blah blah blah..." How many times have you guys seen this? Not a single terran player complained before a few months ago allegedly. Now it happens all the time, every post is about how they can't MMM/stim/a-move to victory. I just want everyone to remember terran whine just as much as everyone else, but sadly the tournament statistics don't justify their whining!Pokerface66 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Zerg army Being too good. I feel like terran's army is over whelming. I have played against players who went mass tank/mass viking/mass ravens, i countered with hydras/baneling/roaches, And no matter what i do, i always gets overwhelmed.JesuzMaster12 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Terrain tank glitch Fix this blizzard come on, not even 7mins into match this guy had 2 siege tanks 10 marines, all he did was the stacking tank glitchDoDConerz5 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Viking idea. what are your thoughts on a possible speed upgrade for vikings from the fusion core or tech lab? vikings are one option for dealing with late game zerg going broodlord. But corruptors make this option not as practical as ghosts. I was thinking that with a researchable speed upgrade for vikings at least you could try to out micro the corruptors this could also change the midgame muta play as vikings would be able to fall back to reinforcements if caught too far out. once again.. not thinking of it as an overall speed change but as a researchable item. what do you think?Gogira22 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 HotS War Hound Ok, so I watching a video about the HotS map but then I noticed it did 10dmg 20dmg vs mechanical. I know this is most likely to help stop the protoss death ball, but look at it this way, the stalker is mechanical and armor.. the colosi is mechanical and armor.. immortal is mechanical and armor.. zealots light. Those are the most common units in a protoss death ball and most of them are mechanical so the war hound will effect them all.. but all of them are armor too, so isn't it basically another marauder? Marauder does 10dmg and 20 vs armor. The only unit that the war hound will affect that the protoss has is the sentry not including the air units. My suggestion is that the war hound will not do extra dmg vs anything and have a straight up 15 dmg to every thing.. (Its been a while since ive played the HotS map or watched a vid about it so I maybe wrong)JurzyCowz10 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Why kill your own team? I'm not complaining, I don't even play nVn (where n > 1), but I see a lot of threads where players complain a member in their team killed them and I was wondering: Do they benefit somehow or they do it just for lulz?kromak36 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 achievement issues I have beat the game using 3 of each race 4 v 4 and I HAVE BEATEN IT ON INSANE yet, the game does not, does not show that the achievement has been completed for example, when I click on the achievement, the 4v4 insane all-kin under it, it shows blacked out or grey and if it was highlighted then it would show that I have completed it, so Im asking if I had beaten a 4v4 insane all-kin game using all terran vs all protoss why does it not show that I have beaten it vs all protoss? also do I set the game up as a "melee" game or a "custom" game when creating the game? I have created both instances of the game and beaten it and still it does not show I have completed THAT ASPECT of the achievement. . . Im on megaton map and thats a co-op, melee, custom map BUT when i go to game type there is "melee" option and "custom" option I have used both options I played 2 games both the same being 4v4 insane all terran vs all protoss, 1 game being "melee" and another game being "custom" I have beaten both types of games on the megaton map. . .and still the achievement is not highlighted blue when i click on the achievement, in the drop down section there are greyed out "V protoss" and "V terran" but when i have beaten it against 4 insane protoss opponents it remains grey. . .why is this? why does it not highligh blue to show that I have completed that portion of the achievement? obviously I wont get the actual achievement untill I have beaten it vs all terran and all zerg but im asking why it doesnt highlight blue when I've beaten it vs all protoss. . . xxVanquishxx0 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Hi Hi, I'm new, I played a few matches at release then got busy with real life and forgot I even had this game. I'm really interested in doing some campaigns and playing a few multiplayer modes. Are there any good sites that I can read to enhance my gaming experience?davitron6 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Map Hacking Consistently on Ladder Matches When is blizzard going to do something about the map hacking ladder matches?RedLeader0 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Fungal Growth The new big endgame Zerg strat is Broodlord/Infestor. Toss in some Lings for runbys and expo denial. The Broodlords creep in and the Infestors chain-Fungal (to death) air units and Fungle ground units so they can't move. The Infestor is, right now, probably the single best unit in the game. It has the only root and the ability also does very good damage - no Psi Storm gets it's full damage on any target. Fungal Growth has to be nerfed - preferably in one of three ways: - reduction in size - reduction or removal of damage - change the root to a snare Because as it is now, no Zerg ever needs to make Hydralisks because Infestors provide more than adequate anti-air with FG and Infested Terrans. Don't get me started, I don't like IT's either, but the utility of FG cannot be underestimated. The worst part of it is that there's no counter or strategy - the only thing you can do is don't get fungaled, but hey guess what it's not always up to you.Etra39 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 How to unhotkey? Ok, I've been searching all of the forums and all other forums (team liquid, etc.) about how to unhotkey a whole control group, but I'm getting nothing. I main zerg, but for this I am just going to use toss as an example. Say I want to 4gate, and I hotkey the first gateway to 4. When I get warp gates, I don't need the hotkey for any of the gateways, because I can just press w to warp stuff in. I can't take all of the gates away from the control group, because it won't let me. It can take away the other ones, but one has to stay there. It would be a waste of time to have to hotkey something else to 4, then unhotkey the gate, because I would still be left with the same thing, and it also wastes my time and won't let me do something else. Is there some way I can unhotkey a WHOLE control group without having to leave one building or unit there?scout16 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Saints Row: The Third? So I just wanna know if anyone has SR3 and a computer that doesn't lag while playing. Main reason because there's a glitch on The Belgian Problem on laggy computers where the brute loads normal, but the player who has a laggy comp lags and you die immediately before you can fire a shot. This supposedly doesn't affect the faster player so if anyone has some spare time to help I'd really appreciate it. [copied from Gaming thing because I'm impatient]iDontKnow5 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Save/Load during multiplayer - implemented! I have created a Starcraft2 mod which allows a players to be able to save the game and then later load back to the previous point in a multiplayer game. The mod is called SALT (Save And Load Tool). The idea being that I think this will be a great training tool to streamline practice with a buddy for everyone from bronze players to masters+. Some examples of ways in which this mod can be used are: Practice a build order If you are not sure if you are vulnerable at a certain point in a build order you can go through it with a friend and test it against different responses without having to start a new game each time If you are having trouble with a certain BO you can go back and practice that part of it without having to start a new game every time. Practice holding timing attacks have a friend do a marine SCV all in or 1-1-1 on you and save the game just before it hits, practice holding it off and then load the game back and practice it again and again. redo battles Have an epic 200vs200 fight? relive it and see which one of you can tip the battle in their favour better than the other person. Lose 15 zerglings to a single baneling in ZvZ? Just load to before it happens and do better this time. practice different spawn positions Some maps have advantages to races in different spawn locations. This map lets you chose both race and spawn location, then load back to the start and chose again. I created a thread on TeamLiquid custom games when the project was still in its Alpha stage of development asking people what they thought about it and it recieved a lot of very positive feedback. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=297534 I have released 5 maps so far with this mod Blizzard maps: SALT Antiga Shipyards SALT Xel'Naga Caverns SALT Shattered Temple GSL maps: SALT Crevasse one of my own (NOTE: has not been balance tested, just one of my early attempts at map making): SALT Bel'Shir swamp If there is a map you would like to see have this mod then feel free to request it in the replies HOW TO USE IT: It is very simple to use. 1) In the "multiplayer" tab under "custom games" click on the button "create game". Search for "SALT" and there will be a number of maps with the "SALT" prefix. 2) set the game speed to what you are comfortable with. 3) Get another player to join or add an AI opponent and start the game (note: It's better playing against a person as the AI gets really confused sometimes cause it doesn't know whats going on) 4) Once in the game there will be icons at each spawn location on the map. Chose your race and starting location by clicking on one of the race symbols or Xel'naga tower to chose random. (AI location is chosen automatically) 5) You are now free to play a normal game :D 6) Type "save" any time to save the game state and select which slot to save to. Unfortunately control groups cannot be saved automatically but you can press the keyboard keys '0-9' to manually select which control groups to save. Click the button that says "done" and your game will resume as normal. 7) Type "load" any time you want and you can chose which saved game slot to load to. You and your opponent will now be back at the exact point as when you saved the game earlier! Short comings / Where is this mod going in the future? Please keep in mind that this is only the first publicly announced release of this mod. I will continue to work on it fixing problems that may arise and making it better. ... I sincerely hope that people find this to be a useful training tool. I do not have the connections to know if top players would find this to be useful as I would like to know how they would improve it. But whether you are a bronze or GM player and either love or hate it (as long as you can give constructive reasons as to why you hate it) then I look forward to hearing your responses. Thank you for your time, Turtles. character code = 734 (US) / 601 (SEA) turtles0 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Anyone else lagging like hell? im playing sc2 and i cant play a single thing, my internet connection is fine, ic hecked with other games but this is just terrible.Future7 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Enhanced - Live Player Stream! Name: Enhanced.238 Races Played: Zerg Rank: High Plat Description: I'm a 17 year old gamer playing as Zerg in Starcraft 2. Looking to improve my play and skills in the game and rise up in the ranks on the NA server. Currently streaming practice games and ladder sessions, feel free to tune in to some commentary, "In-Side-My-Head" and good conversation with myself and friends on Skype and Mumble. Will also stream and play games such as Skyrim, WoW PvE/PvP content and FPS games such as Crysis 2 and MW3. Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/EnhancedZ Twitch: ]http://www.twitch.tv/shadowbitesEnhanced5 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 are own personal stats program Idk about everyone elsa but id like to see my own stats in my sc2 profile page, such as win/lose for each race and win/lose for each map with win lose ratio of the races i played on that map. I think this would give me a better idea of what i need to work on. what do you guys think?greenfean2 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 What units have never been nerfed? Directly or indirectly, and not counting beta nerfs: Marine: Stim timing nerfed Marauder: Stim timing nerfed Reaper: Nitro packs requires factory Ghosts: EMP radius Tanks: Damage lowered Thors: 250 MM requires energy (Can be feedbacked) Hellion: Blue Flame damage lowered Viking: None Banshee: None Raven: None BC: Air attack lowered Technically everything was nerfed since rax build time was increased (and thus indirectly made everything come later) but I think that can be ignored. Zerg: Zergling: None Roach: Burrow move changed to a separate upgrade Baneling: None Hydralisk: None (Not that it would matter) Infestor: Fungal damage lowered, NP made useless Mutalisk: None Corruptor: None Brood lord: None Overlord: Ovie speed made more expensive Overseer: Ovie speed made more expensive Ultralisk: Splash greatly lowered Protoss: Zealot: Edited: Build time increased Stalker: Blink research time increased (?) HT: Amulet removed DT: None Archon: None Immortal: None Col: None (?) Observer: None Warp prism: None Void Ray: Range reduced Phoenix: None Carrier: None Mothership: Archon toilet weakened Missing anything?BDPOrpheus34 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 How does Protoss counter EMP? I'm not QQing, I don't play Protoss or Terran. As a matter of fact, I barely play Zerg -- I watch much more than I play. My question is, realistically, how does Protoss counter EMP? EMP has 10 range, which outranges colossi, feedback, psi storm, literally everything Protoss has is outranged by EMP. The only reason for Terran not to land an EMP on the Protoss army is if he makes a mistake. Now, hypothetically, let's say TvP is perfectly balanced. If this is the case, then TvP is balanced around EMPs hitting the Protoss army 100% of the time, and Protoss units just being strong enough to stay in the fight anyway. Is this how it works? I'm being completely serious with this thread, and I hope someone can give me some insightful responses. EMP is instant-cast, outranges every Protoss unit, and can only miss if the Terran player misclicks. It damages every Protoss unit, reveals cloaked units, and removes energy from casters. What is the expected response from Protoss when facing an opponent who builds ghosts?Yaksha56 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 How the state of balance as of now? Just got back after 6 months, love the game. Just wondering how balance has changed. Edit: Yes I know I messed up the title, sorry!RufusKing44 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 24, 2012 Update the League System I really would like to know how close and what I have to do to be promoted. It is unreal that I am plat in random 2z, get a gold ally, and beat a diamond arranged team. All being considered an even match.Zamber10 Jan 24, 2012
Jan 24, 2012 race change I cant seem to change my race color when i play the AI. I am always green. But after the game is over my stats ect are in the color that I picked. Can anyone help?FLASHGORDON1 Jan 24, 2012
Jan 24, 2012 Photon Cannon Idea As an upgrade from the Cybernetics core, which only takes roughly 30 seconds, Photon Cannons can do additional damage vs Mechanical. And as an upgrade from the Fleet Beacon, Photon Cannons can hit two air units at once. The goal behind this is to fix PvP slightly so that 4Gating isn't as viable, and so that muta harass isn't a problem. Please don't just say "No" work with me on this idea or explain to me how things work perfectly fine how they do. I just want to be able to fast expand in PvP and I believe doing damage to stalkers is a great way to sorta "FFE" in PvP, yet not making Cannons to powerful in the other Matchups. Also, by making the tech require a Cybernetics Core, you require some tech making it almost useless to cannon rush, and by making it faster than Warp Gate tech, you could get some cannons rolling before Warp Gate hit. Against muta harass, honestly, Protoss have the worst way of dealing with it, but I don't want it to be too good against mutas, because just because Protoss has a problem with them currently doesn't mean that we should be able to put down a few cannons and forget about it, which is why I think splash would be too strong, and/or useless against some Zerg micro. Please work with me on this idea.Greasy7 Jan 24, 2012