General Discussion

Jan 3, 2012 Mlg's 2012 Anyone know when the mlg website is gonna post the mlg's for 2012?HkPartyToss0 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 Streaming : Best software for streaming? I'd like to start streaming my low level games for people to watch, unfortunately I get very low fps in game when I'm streaming even on 480p (around 20 fps). Even when i'm not streaming, and just have xsplit opened up, my core usage is between 50%-80%... What's up with that? Do you have any solutions or suggestions for another streaming software? My Internet Speed : 20MB Download, 1.8MB Upload Here's my specs: AMD 955 BE x4 overclocked to 4.0Ghz (Corsair H60 cooled; 35* idle, 55* full load) MSI GeForce GTX560 Ti 8GB Patriot 1600 RAMBoose13 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 why do ppl a move vs right click? I dont get it. I cant see how its better than right click, and it adds one more click. if your concerned about missing the atk click, then you can just patrol. least thats what i do, i press r patrol and get those zergs... but i find patrol move/ right click combo is far better, esp for stutter step.Isaac13 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 Does anyone understand this? So i beat a protoss on metalopolis and right before he leaves he types "f*ck" "where the eff is the orkin guy when u need him?" "gg" Does anyone understand this? because i have no clue what it meansXnNeophyte4 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 I am a Bronze Protoss how do i counter roach I have played against more and more zerg players lately and i do not know how to counter there roaches. Please give tipsfrooblets2 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 Want to play a new race I stopped playign Starcraft a while back and i want to start playing again but i want to start playing with a new race I used to play Protoss and they always felt like they were weak compared to Terran and Zerg because the others felt more in depth. I just want to basically know what the flavor of the month is so I dont start learning Terran and realize they have been nerfed very very hard soany input will help. ThanxAPPLE7 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 I have a "Mapping Annoucement" to make... I don't mean to sound arrogant or anything, but I just want to assure everybody of this. Yesterday I got personally invited/recruited to the ESV Map-making team (also known as ICCup). I made my transfer to ESV from TPW, which means maps like Clearwater and Ohana RE will be played on the Korean Weekly, and that means I am one step closer to possibly getting a map in a higher tier tournament. So what does this mean? What am I re-assuring you all of? Foreign (non-korean) maps, after roughly 10-12 years, are finally getting spotlighted, which means more non-korean maps will be used in tournaments such as the GSL. It is almost a guarantee that new community and tournament-friendly maps will start to appear from time to time, some from ESV, mabye some from TPW, or some from amateurs --- I don't know, but there is a bright future in the way tournament map pools will be laid out. The game is evolving, and map pools will slowly emerge to something fresh and beautiful. I want to personally thank every individual here who has been involved with my map testing and discussions here on this forum in the map threads. Your feedback and support has helped me improve tenfold. It's been a long journey to get to where I am finally, and I am going to do everything I can to contribute my map-making skills to ESV, and my ultimate goal is to provide new fresh maps for you all to enjoy (well, hopefully). http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=299964 IronMan8 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 Block Is there a list I can view where I blocked players or ?? AlienHybridX3 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 3, 2012 Why is this an argument? Why do people say "you're this league, thus your argument is invalid"? Naturally, people who play at the higher levels have more exposure to a refined metagame, but the people who understand the metagame to the level where it matters are GM players, and don't post on the forums anyway. Someone being in a lower league means they're not as good a player, not that they don't understand the game. When you really understand the game well enough, you don't even post here.LimitofMercy10 Jan 3, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Games That Require More Micro than SC2 Starcraft 1 Warcraft 3 Men Of War Assault Squad. That's all I can think of. Anyone got more?AlKaPwn12 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Downgraded from 38 silver to 4 bronze? wtf? So last night my friend and I were playing some awesome 2v2s. We had started our 'career' around 90 silver and had been steadily climbing. Then, all of the sudden, we get a team twice in a row of 2 games. The first game, they just left. We won, and ranked up to 32 silver. We started laughing hysterically over skype because they were favored and gave us a ton of points. Then, some how, we played the team again. Things when pretty normal for us until we attacked around 9 minutes, and all I could say was "wtf they have phoenixes and hellions." Long story short, we got our asses handed to them (hellions got in, gibbed our economy and the phoenix player has some awesome micro). I'm not mad at their choice of strategy. But I was (still am) mad as hell when I saw we were demoted. The best part? It was a team of gold/diamond players. WE'RE SILVER! :'C TL;DR: Why do people get downgraded from leagues that they perform decent in, and why are out of league players matched up so often with one another?AidanNaut10 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Why is terran the least played race in US? just curious. Ive been playing toss in solo and switching to terran cause its so underplayed. this is from sc2ranks.com btw.Zamber14 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Anyone ever notice That, 90% of the time, terran players with ghost portraits are the ones who start hurling insults and BM'ing when anyone insults the terran race? Just an interesting thought. I wonder if the ghost portrait is more appealing to those with type A personalities. Not my goal to insult anyone; just observing something interesting.Nargannon28 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Sight-blocking buildings? I've always found it a bit weird that units can't see over vents or other sight-blocking terrain, but have no problem seeing a marine that is behind a factory many times higher than it. It would be interesting in future expansions if there was the ability for a race to construct buildings that blocked sight, like the vents do. Perhaps a terran building that is the same size, build time, hp, and cost as a depot, but does not provide supply, or provide any other function.sonomo3 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 The raven Seeker missile removed. Shockwave added. Shockwave deals 50 physical damage and 50 shield damage in a small radius. Costs 100 energy. Hits instantly.Coors22 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 If we're losing the Mothership... ...can we get the Arbiter back? :DggProtentiaL25 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 playing music with sc2 hey guys ive had this problem for a while but couldnt find any answers through the forums or anywhere... i was hoping someone would have the answer for me... when i play music on my laptop it comes through my headphones as expected but when i open up starcraft 2(even with music and sound disabled) my personal music comes through my laptop speakers... i really wana listen to my personal music on my headphones and hopefully the starcraft sounds also kind of like some of the streamers do like Idra, but i dont know why they wont play together. ive been messing around with my sound settings on playback devices and the starcraft 2 options but nothing seems to work... anyone have the solution for me pls?Chaos5 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Ladder league and posting ok lets get something straight plat and below should not be able to post about balance at all. IMO in order to get into diamond you need to have solid mechanics/builds, therefore those who are plat and lower do not have solid mechanics/builds which in turn means they have no idea what is balanced/imbalanced. So please if you are under plat don't post about what you think is balanced/imbalanced.juicypen32 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 On a not winning streak streak O_o I'm on a streak of not being on a winning streak.. For some reason this bothers me more than being on a losing streak. Does anybody else feel this way? Because if you're not on a winning streak its like you deserve to stay in the league you are. But with previous winning streaks i feel like I should have been promoted but did not and now i'm on like a 50-50 streak so I'll never get promotedMediocrates18 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 What if Blizzard added Heroes to each race? Like if terran got Odin, protoss got zeratul, and zerg got Kerrigan...? in HotS they're getting rid of mothership and giving terran a super thor.... wtf man? Mothership was so fun for protoss and now blizzard just gets rid of it? why not just give each a race a hero? Heroes are VERY popular in custom games because they're so fun to play with. Starcraft 2 is too much about balance this, balance that, blah blah blah, this race is OP, marines are imba... Most video games have that super weapon, like in COD mw2, there's a nuke, in Super smash brother brawl, there's a super move that each player can acquire from smashable spheres, in racing games there are giant boosts of nitrous, in guitar hero, there is star power. so why not starcraft 2? It would add more fun and that incredible "epicness" in every video game. Thoughts?YAMINASHI21 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 How many of you played SC1 for custom games? Just asking outa curiosity... how many of you were like me, and played games like lurker defense, tower defense, helms deep and all that stuff for SC1? I remember being YOUNG, and just playing games like that all day. Now that I got sc2, it's all about league games for me now. Question is, how many of you STILL play custom games only on SC2? anyone?LKM28 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 How to Win As Terran Custom map Hi guys I'm going to just make this quick tutorial about how to win a game in StarCraft 2. It's going to be very simple. Only building, research, and units, going to be involved is: Buildings: Command Center Barracks Supply Depots Refinery Units: SCV Marine Research: Stim Combat Shields Pretty simple enough i should say wouldn't you? PS. I'm not actually making this tutorial.BLiNKofANeye1 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Fix It Why am I constantly grouped up with 2 of the same race in 3v3? FIX IT, kay thx bai. Old Republic > SC2Falwelballer1 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Nydus Question If you create 2 separate Nydus worm heads, can the units travel between them and their tail ends, or can they only travel through the main Nydus and it's tail ends?Protostitute13 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Interesting Solution to Online Jerks Would be interesting to see this implemented in SC2. We all know there's too many of these on B Net http://kotaku.com/5733206/a-new-and-maybe-better-way-to-stop-people-from-being-jerks-onlineKillazerg2 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 League grand master is wrong As everyone knows, the league grand master was filled in less than 1 hour, and came very low MMR people, the same thing happened last season it corrected only when correct this now?, It is outrageous to see newbies grand master.LegionPeewe9 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Simple name change question. So I still have my one free name change left, what I was wondering if on the NA server, creating/changing a name into something in a different language would cause any problems at all. I'm planning on just changing my current name from the current Romaji to the Hiragana or Kanji equivalent. Thanks!Zanshin0 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Dont be Fooled by the " New units" Hi all. I loved starcraft 1 and i saw the same exact units from sc1 put in sc2. Please dont troll or rage at me. These are just "disguised" units PROTOSS: TEMPEST = Terran Valkyrie (same exact idea and concept. Aoe Splash Damage) ORACLE = OVERSEER ( Same abilities and idea, yet now you can use on minerals AKA contaminate) REPLICANT: NEW IDEA, I give Blizzard credit for actually thinking of a new unit.. Terran: SHREDDER: Zerg Lurker (Same idea. Attacks AOE, Cant move, just like the Lurker) GOLIA... I MEAN "WAR-HOUND": Terran Goliath ( Duh? ) " Anti Air Ground Unit" FIREBAT: Terran Firebat Zerg: VIPER: Protoss Corsair ( Same ability but they added 1 more) SWARM HOST: Uh This is just an infestor.... Spawns units under ground, Too bad zerg already has one of those.. Kind of upset on how lazy blizzard can be and how they run out of ideas.NSJTHROWING12 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 This must be a dream!!! http://i44.tinypic.com/2zs90zk.png 2600 wins and I finally got a promo! This is the greatest day of my starcraft 2 career, I thought it would never happen. I'm going to get masters if it takes me another 5000 games. Thank you to those who always believed in me. hfhfhfhfhfhfhfhhfDesukan21 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 brand new to starcraft 2. Hello all, I just bought starcraft 2 to a week ago or so, and i was wondering if there were just some basic strategies for each team that i could use. I can beat medium computers 1 vs 2 without to much trouble now, so i thought that i would try an online game. I was just beginning to create an army of marines and marauders when only 10 minutes into the game my opponent had an attack of at least 50 marines. He wiped me out because all i had was 10 marines and 5 marauders. Are there any strategies I can use to prevent early strong attacks? I use protoss, zerg and terran so a strategy that works for all 3 would be appreciated. Also if there is anyone who is willing to be a real id friend so they can talk to me in game/ show me in game strategies i would be very grateful.. Thanks to anyone who reads/answers this.Zack9 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 This Game is severely broken I drone rushed and it didnt work and so i tried to wall off with hatches and it wouldnt be complete wall off and he just walked in. this game is a !@#$in jokesLdCostanza19 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 There is something I don't understand Why do people call me noob after losing many times against me?Benji8 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Spellcasts and Tab button If I have my whole army selected, why must I tab between units to activate a spellcast? For example in a zealot/stalker/sentry army by default it selects sentry for the spellcasting which means I have to hit tab if I want to blink. Given that there aren't any spellcasts in the protoss army that have overlapping hotkeys (Except Feedback and Force Field) I don't see why I need to switch units to cast a spell. If you have overlapping hotkeys then I can see the use of tab and control groups, but in situations like this sentries and stalkers, I should be able to hit F for force fields and B for blink without any other buttons. This doesn't only apply to Protoss, just using them as an example.RuneK24 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Colossus without robotics support bay? It seems crazy, but in brood war you could get reavers without the support bay. If we were to make this change, would expanding in pvp more commonplace? And would 111 become less OP? There would obviously need to be changes made to the colossus for this to work Perhaps make colossus range cost 400/400 and reduce colossus damage by 2eRRa14 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Long time since I last played. So I stopped playing for a long time. Last time I played was August 22th. Obviously I missed quite a few seasons. My question is, when I was gonna play 1v1 it says I have to do 5 placement games. Is this one different to the original 1 placement game every season? Did this happen because I didn't play for a long time? Do I really have to do the grind up to masters again? I used to be top masters and probably still am, but relearning the mechanics and going up to masters seems kinda annoying. If I really have to climb up again I'm probably not gonna even bother playing again till HoTS.goFLiP9 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Pro Level Starcraft 2 Keyboard Terran Keyboard. Small, compact and has detailed instructions for exciting TvP matches. http://i44.tinypic.com/2hphxt5.png Spellcaster Edition also for Sale!!! http://i40.tinypic.com/2lwudc2.pngDraken38 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 TLPD December winrates http://i.imgur.com/J6qFKh.png http://imgur.com/a/3yZUQ Discuss.Spyder10 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Different Regions. Hello guys, I'm european,but I bought the game in North America,so I have a NA license.Is there any way of switching to EU,or do I have to buy another license? Thanks, FlamekeeperTeo1 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 @Destiny stream I'm learning... far to much about Destiny's sex life at the moment.Bitcly9 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Protoss Merge I've been thinking lately about the three race-specific unit transformation mechanics: for T, it is 'transform' (viking, hellion in HotS); for Z it is morph (banes, brood lords, overseer); and for P it is merge (HT/DT). In future expansions, I'd like to see new merge possibilities. One idea I had was to make it possible to merge an observer with any non-massive unit, which causes that unit to be the same in every way as before, but adopt the permanent cloaking field of the observer, and cost 1 extra food (the observer's food cost). So for that unit to be cloaked, it would cost an extra 25/75 plus one food. It would be cost prohibitive to cloak an army this way, and very few of the early tier units would be worth cloaking, but it might lead to some occasional interesting strategies, for example, if you had a cloaked warp prism. thoughts?sonomo15 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Can we get an option to veto a race? You can veto maps you don't like. Why can't I veto a race I don't want to play against? Let's say you want to practise builds and you are a loner like me and have no friends to practise with. Why can't I just veto the two races I don't want to play against to practise certain builds with terran/zerg or protoss. Or if you just hate mirror match-ups you can veto it. I play this game for fun and when playing mirror match ups it is just dreadful and boring. But of course there should be a limit on the races you can veto a week or something, like you can veto protoss 7 times a week so people just don't abuse it just to get into a higher league because of their stronger mechanics in one match up.staIns28 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Random spawns are retarded I have !@#$ luck and I always scout my opponent last, which means that by the time I get my probe into their base I have zero chance to prepare if I scout a cheese. How the hell does a protoss who scouts last counter a sixpool or a zealot rush? Answer: They can't.SunTzu16 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Why the Zealot is overpowered It can tank as much damage as a pylon.MrPandaPants64 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Why do Zergs... ...all do the same build at the same time? Like, literally all of them. Like, with Protoss, some P's nexus first, some FFE, some 3 gate expo, some 3 gate robo, some 2 gate star. Terrans have a few less things, but with Zerg, if a strategy is in fashion, literally EVERY Zerg does it. When the game came out, they were all doing IdrA style roach/ling. Then Destiny took a series off Bomber with Infestor, and they ALL went Infestor. Then, Infestor got nerfed and Nestea said ling/muta is better and now they ALL do ling/muta. Out of the 10'ish Zerg's i've played this break, i think only 1 didn't make mutalisks. Even the one that went Roach/hydra still made Mutalisks... When Her0 showed how good Warp Prism's are against IdrA, they got used way more, but not every Protoss strategy now revolves around Warp Prisms.Ruination93 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Thoughts on "Random" There was a post a while back about the random players race being shown durring the loading screen. It's my belief that the reason for this was incase you scout a random/zerg base last on a map with 4 spawning points to find no drones, no units, a moment prior to hearing your marine cry for help and your scvs exploding. ...ya... kinda just had that happen. on another note. (and this is a terran saying this) Terran buildings should not be able to fly indefinitely. base races happen.. and someone clearly looses more.. just because you can fly a damaged barracks to the corner of the map should not mean that a draw in now a possibility. sorry... imo. Gogira24 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Ask for Coolness instead of Balance With the HoTS in development and the potential for many changes to be made to the game, I think it's important for players think about where they want the game to go and what they ought to ask for. Saying nothing about balance, but about "coolness," many players complain that Terran has the most options and the most interesting choices, units, and upgrades. I think this is true. I think Zerg is the most bland (specifically upgrades), and I think Protoss is somewhere in the middle. I'm worried that with so many asking for units with particular roles rather than just cool units we'll end up with things such as the Tempest for every race which are tailor made for a certain role but aren't very interesting.We ought to ask for things like Concussive Shell style upgrades or Stim or Blink. Even things like Repair and Medivacs add depth. I've seen people ask for a Baneling upgrade that roots the things hit by their explosions. These are the kinds things we should be asking for. The thing I'm most excited for in HoTS is Nexus recall, and I wish motherships were staying because using those recalls together would give Protoss such interesting play and strategy. But I worry that Zerg and Protoss may never have the depth that Terran does because people aren't asking for cool new things, but for balancing old units strength. Don't think about balance when asking for things, just try to make whatever race cooler. Let Blizzard worry about balance. Ask for cool new things for old units, or cool new units in general. Seek to add depth to old units or deeper new units that aren't tailor made as a counter for something, but just something you'd like to have or see, something you think just makes sense for your race. We should try to make every race more like Terran in terms of cool things they have, rather than building counters for everything. Blizzard will always try to balance the game because they want SC2 to be a competitive e-sport, and even if many of the cool things we ask for get removed I think it's worth asking because I'm afraid if we don't we'll end up with "Tempests" for every role and that's just boring. Myrmecia7 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Posted by SC2 statistics http://imgur.com/a/3yZUQ This was just posted by SC2 statistics on twitter. It's the win-loss %'s for december. So far, in december, zvp is pretty even, zvt is in favor of terran by a fair bit, and tvp is sawying hugely in terrans favor. However, in the korean only results, we have zvp resulting in a HUGE increase in wins over zerg, with zvt and tvp being within 3-4% of eachother in a pretty even fashion. Dem numbers be strange ones for december, imo. :>HeXpTreb6 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 December Stats So December stats are out...PvZ is actually the most balanced match up this month lol http://imgur.com/a/3yZUQRudo27 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Red vs. Blue is boring. Pointless I know, but I'm getting bored of fighting red or blue ALL the time. I know for some people they have grown accustomed to it, but look at WC3 and every other game. A simple random colors option would be nice. I hope you can tolerate my whining.SeriousPig13 Jan 2, 2012
Jan 2, 2012 Balance protoss Yea balance protoss and give them more strats. Right now their strats is either pwning everything with an OP builds or suck gigant balls. Give them more flexibilty and !@#$s cuz right now i either get 3 gate expo and completely own them or they ffe like they are zerg and then OPing everything. Ok done now rage ur hardestMagiK2 Jan 2, 2012