Editor Discussion

Dec 15, 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read! Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the Forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.Cloaken0 Dec 15, 2012
Dec 1 Update Regarding Bank Saves Hello StarCraft II Map Making Community, As most of you may know, there were some recent issues related to Bank Saves that exposed some issues with the system. In light of this, we've made some improvements we'd like to share: Added BankBackup and BankRestore native trigger functions: BankBackup can be used in the MeleeInit, or Generic event - This will create a new bank backup file each time BankBackup is called in a backup directory within your bank directory. It is still recommended to save your banks as you usually would using the native trigger BankSave. Added back in the deprecated trigger loops • IntLoopCurrentDeprecated • PlayerGroupLoopCurrentDeprecated • UnitGroupLoopCurrentDeprecated • ForEachInteger2Deprecated • ForEachIntegerDeprecated • PickEachIntegerDeprecated • ForEachPlayerInGroupDeprecated • PickEachPlayerInGroupDeprecated • PickEachUnitInGroupDeprecated • ForEachUnitInGroupDeprecated • UnitGroupLoopCurrentDeprecated Enabled Scintilla for the custom code editor within Windows. Improved performance to reduce editor load times. Added multiple item searching for the following when search terms are separated by a comma: • Data Editor • UI Editor • Cutscene Editor • Trigger Element selector • Terrain Editor • Text Editor Further improved performance within the Galaxy VM.Odyssues0 Dec 1
Nov 7 Mapping Tutorial & Resource Archive MAPPING TUTORIAL & RESOURCE ARCHIVE __________________________________________________________________________________ This thread is a collection of quality tutorials and resources for creating custom content within the StarCraft 2 Galaxy Editor. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to constistently check every single source listed below. I will do my best to update it with information I discover on my own, but the majority of the work lies on you to pass along anything you feel belongs on this list. That includes helping me remove outdated or redundant links. Post theses suggestions/reports below and, after verifying them, I will add/remove/update the link. This thread is NOT for questions. __________________________________________________________________________________ ----- INDEX 1) ASSETS - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#2 2) TERRAIN - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#3 3) TRIGGERS (GALAXY SCRIPT) - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#4 4) DATA (XML CODING) - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#5 5) MISCELLANEOUS - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#6 __________________________________________________________________________________ ----- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION You will quickly discover that nearly every link (as of posting this) directs you to SC2Mapster. I happen to "live" at Mapster so I really only know what Mapster has to offer. If you frequent other sites with useful information, don't hesitate to post them! Just keep in mind that I'll check them out before adding the link. If a site contains inappropriate content, I'll shy away from it. Keep your sources work safe :D It is important to understand that I won't add every suggested link just becauses it exists. If I find that two links show very similars ways of creating really big explosions, I'll opt for whichever is clearer/easier to understand. Alternatively, I may keep redundant information if there is a good reason for it. A perfect example being how to achieve a certain task in multiple modelling or graphic design programs. In that case, not everyone uses the same program, so it helps to address all platforms. Regardless, if I choose not to add/remove/update a link per a posted suggestion, I'll explain why. Lastly, if you did not create the linked source, make sure the person who did is okay with you sharing it. I don't want to see models ripped from a private forum thrown in here. I WILL honor the requests of those who wish their work to remain private by removing links. The fastest way to contact me is through Mapster: sc2mapster.com/profiles/ProzaicMuze/ProzaicMuze19 Nov 7
Jan 30, 2017 Beginner Map-Making Tutorial Videos Hi, DeltronLive has made Video Tutorials of the mapmaking tutorials Blizzard created in 2011. Deltron's videos uses the current version of the editor. Quote from Deltron: I made a video series to complement these written tutorials using the most current patch of the editor (as of this post). You can check it out here (Beginner Map Making Tutorial Video Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlC8YfRpYfL1I2S6uUAHY8b_1GBaamF8A). I cover the Terrain, Triggers, and Data modules. Please like and this would be good to stickYClover13 Jan 30, 2017
1d How do I disable the ping button? Hello. In my map, I am having trouble disabling the ping button that appears on a player's mini-map UI. I tried using a 'UI -Hide Ping Panel for (All players)' action in the trigger module, but this doesn't seem to affect the ping button. One way to solve this is to hide the mini-map UI since the button seems to be a part of that panel, but I really need the mini-map and when a player presses the ping button, it interferes with a lot of dialog buttons the map uses and causes them to malfunction. I guess the game considers the ping button a dialog button since it triggers the event 'Dialog -Any Dialog Item is used by Player Any Player with event type Clicked'. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.JasonX0 1d
2d How to use certain Campaign assets Hello, all. I'm trying to make a Melee mod which will use certain campaign assets. However, when I use the Campaign Dependencies, it affects everything. (Barracks can train Firebats, Stargates can make Scouts, etc.) How do I get it so I can just import a select group of Campaign assets without it affecting everything?SirBaneling3 2d
2d Skins Skins, the most important part of video games. I am a sc2 veteran. I have been playing the original since I was a kid. I love starcraft. I purchased a few terran skins for ranked. I love the co-op skins, sadly our achievments in co-op or the campaign do not give us a ranked skin reward. If it did, I would have more of a reason to grind out campaign, which I have not. I have played campaign and enjoyed it but if I am going to invest time into starcraft, I prefer ranked, team matches mostly. I am sad to say that for whatever reason, I cannot have all of my skins out in my most favorite match up, 3v3. I wish I can take out more than 4 skins, I do not understand why its this low. It is disappointing that I cannot have more than 4 skins out in 3s/4s. If the reason is, "to have the game run more smoothly" I deny that response. For sc2 is a very low graphic game and can be ran on the most out of date computers. It is 2019 if someone cannot afford a pc to play sc2 then they probably wont be trying to purchase skins. I can't think of any more reasons why ranked doesn't have more skins to offer. I'd like to mention the main menu versus NPC models for each race are starting to grow old and boring. Players would prefer more than 1 image to look at. I suggest making it a more entertaining screen where you can poke your characters buttons and he will say + do animations. This will attract players to your campaign / co-op , depending on your imagination/animation skill level will depend on what achievments you must earn to get a reward, enabling your versus screen model to do something, making the afkers have something to mess with, making their next game that much more entertaining. coming back for more. Random Box - 3 races, start out like a seed and upgrading/sprouting its style depending on your achievements earned. I think you can have a lot of fun adding more non-payable skin options. I suggest adding skins for ranked pvp building structures too. tl;dr for now, can you please add infinite skins for 3s/4s and work on the rest laterShmuk2 2d
3d Help/Advice in creating Race Wars map I have never used the editor for SC2 but I had a passing knowledge for SC:BW's editor so it shouldn't be to hard to pick up. There is a really good Race Wars map in the arcade but it was built back in WoL or something and it starts with 6 workers and is slow like old SC2. I wanted to edit it but I don't think I can so I wish to create one from scratch. For starts: Is there a way to use an existing 8 player ladder map and then just edit the Race Wars setup on top of that? Or do I have to create a map from scratch?Oobarsten1 3d
6d Extension Mod - Campaign Units Showing Up? Hello, I am currently attempting to build a mod that mimics melee in every aspect except that it has a few custom heroes. However, upon creating my extension mod, I realized that, for some odd reason, it is possible to build all the campaign units and use campaign abilities. Is there any quick way to disable this, or will I have to go through every unit and disable the campaign only aspects?LGDesign4 6d
6d Some Toolbars Don't Work for Me Hi, I have a problem were some tools on my tool bar aren't working. Symmetry, Flip and Rotate , and most others alike are grayed and don't work. Units, terrain, doodads, still work however. I am using HoTS and run Windows 10. Some Blizzard maps I open for ideas have symmetry and other options enabled, but maps I create new don't allow me to. Any Help? ( I first requested help in July of 2018. No help given.)MrProbe1 6d
6d how can i add the human build system i have tried to add the build system to the peasant but, ingame the build button is grayed out. the command card settings inside the editor does not seem to save though. i have added the buildings and the abilities to the peasant`s command card.andreasasp0 6d
6d the starcraft 2 editor is broken no edits makes it through to the game, there is no way to go straight from editing builders to editing the structures built. there is no way to set starting resources for a player. blizzard needs to clean up. i wrote this on the eu forum as well. i am just writing on both to try to get the issues fixed because currently, the editor is broken. it is no editor when nothing can be edited.andreasasp11 6d
6d Galaxy Editor on High Resolution Screen The Editor has huge display issues on high resolution screen. I am using GE on a 15.6 inch 4k screen, and all texts are either too small to read or cannot be displayed fully in place. Is it possible for blizzard to fix the problem and make GE usable on high resolution screens?Procyon3 6d
Oct 13 an issue with dealing lava damage so.... <ahem> hi, i was wondering if anyone here on the forums could assist me see, im trying to make a Melee Custom Map with Raising Lava, as the title implys... but... i've hit a snag, the problem is this https://imgur.com/a/xiiXnCO i've viewed several recipes fer how to do this and make it work, earlier today i had a problem with a Timer window, solved that, but now the "((Unit type of (Picked unit)) uses Fly mover) == False" is having problems now. anybody got a lead on what should i do?IgnitusG11 Oct 13
Oct 8 Bridges I can not get bridges to work. I was able to 'bout 5yrs ago but then it quit working. I have tried the pathing "able" but still no go. I would appreciate some help here.Midimann3 Oct 8
Oct 6 how to open unit model files (.m3) hi, im trying to find a program that can open sc2 model files. these files have .m3 extensions and I dont know where to find any program that can open them (I tried Autodesk inventor and it didn't work). if u know anything about this I would really appreciate the help.Avisuara2 Oct 6
Oct 1 Can edit some community maps but not others I wanted to make an edited version of Left 2 Die Z that doesn't have a supply cap. When I open up SCII Editor and search "Left 2 Die" I can see all community maps except this one. Does anyone know why I can't see/edit it? ThanksWinning1 Oct 1
Oct 1 Unit vertical tilt I'm making a map where units move on a 3d grid (unit height being the z) but I was wondering if there was any way for the units to rotate up and down?Avisuara0 Oct 1
Sep 30 any way to create a mineral harvester i am thinking something similar to automated refineries.andreasasp20 Sep 30
Sep 30 how can i specify skins i want to use the tal`darim skins for my tal`darim faction. how do i do that?andreasasp3 Sep 30
Sep 29 Adding Abilities to Units So this might seem kind of out there but I hope it can be done. In Heart of the Swarm there is a mission with a Brood Mother, Niadra. She invades a Protoss ship and is able to spawn various units from herself by laying eggs. On my map I have a Brutalisk under my control. I added the Hunter Killer Spine weapon to its arsenal and now it's a real bad !@# with ranged ground and air attacks along with the brutal claw strike for up close. Now I want to give this Brutalisk the ability to spawn Drones. I played with several things but nothing has worked yet. Any suggestions? Note: I want it to spawn Drones, not morph into a Drone. Additional Note: If this can be done easier with Niadra herself instead of the Brutalisk, I will be using Swarm Queen-Niadra-(Huge).Dreadstar9 Sep 29
Sep 28 Swarm Queen Train - Eggs Not Hatching I am trying to add Drones as a build option for Swarm Queen-Niadra (Huge) using her built in Swarm Queen Train ability. This is what I have done so far. Data Modifications for Swarm Queen Train Ability: Under the (Basic)Ability: Info field I have modified the line called (Basic)Ability: Train 10. When I right click this line and select Modify Value a new window pops up that has a list from Train 01 to Train 30. When I double click Train 10 I get another new window with a list of settings. The first setting at the top is called Info-Button-Default Button. I have chosen "Morph To Drone" for this setting. Down at the bottom of the list is another setting called Info-Unit. I have set the value for this setting to "Drone." That is all I have done to modify this ability. Data Modifications for Swarm Queen-Niadra (Huge) Unit: I have only made modifications to the Command Card of this unit. She already has the Swarm Queen Train ability and it is shown in green to indicate that it has been modified. I deleted the "Morph to Hydralisk" button from the Command Card and replaced it with the "Morph to Drone" button. For some reason the Drone button wont even show up if it is in a new slot. It has to be in a used slot. The three settings for the button are set as follows: Command Type: Ability Command Ability: Swarm Queen Train Ability Command: Morph to Drone That is all I have done to modify this unit. Upon testing the map, the button appears on Niadra's Command Card as the Drone button. It indicates that the Drone costs 50 minerals. When I click the button Niadra lays an Egg or Zerg Cocoon. However, the Egg never hatches or even indicates what is inside it. Furthermore, my mineral count does not decrease at all meaning I'm not paying for the Drone. The only thing I can do with the Egg is to set its rally point. What am I missing? Please provide a detailed answer. Thank you.Dreadstar2 Sep 28
Sep 27 active commander for player does nothing it is an empty function. blizzard should either remove it or give it a function.andreasasp0 Sep 27
Sep 27 Setting which commanders get which units? I've been gone from the game for some months and forgot how to set which commanders can build which units in my mod. For example, whether Raynor can make goliaths or Swann can make vultures.Elfis2 Sep 27
Sep 26 How do I start with just a drone? I'm working on a new Zerg mission and I want to start with only a drone and some resources. Problem is that if I don't have a hatchery it ends the game. What do I do?Dreadstar2 Sep 26
Sep 26 how to create unit attributes does anybody know of any way to create new unit attributes, cause im making a map with dark and light versions of units and it would be much easier if I simply had dark and light attributes so I could add damage bonuses against those instead of having to find a weird and lag inducing work around. and also, does anybody know why certain cliffs don't work on certain texture sets? like when I try to raise terrain with that cliff it does nothing.Avisuara1 Sep 26
Sep 24 Customize "Starting Resources" amounts. Where? Only 1 time have a seen that option when I was first attempting to create my first offline map. Since then, I've spent days trying to find it again and I can't find it! Will someone tell me "exactly" where it's located? --Note: My map is for 1 Terran player (me) against the computer (AI) Terran enemy player. I don't know if my test map is a melee map, a campaign map, or whatever? I tried every which way possible to get the enemies to start building and attacking, automatically. It's finally working but, I want to start testing the game by giving myself more resources, for testing purposes. Thanks in advance.Hermit1 Sep 24
Sep 23 Making custom arcade hotkeys customizable Hi all! Being a huge fan of the sc2 arcade and having started playing 1v1 recently, i'm running into the problem that lots of hotkeys on arcade maps simply aren't customizable, since they don't even show up in the hotkey options menu. (Even if opened from inside the game) Hotkeys that are used from the standard game actually still appear correctly as you customized them ingame, but all the ones that aren't listed obviously can't be changed. Now the question is, is there any way for a modder to make map specific hotkeys customizable/show up for the player in the hotkey menu in game? I wouldn't mind having to make a profile for each custom arcade map and switching when i play them, but at the moment, due to most of these keys not even showing up, there's simply no way to do that. Is that something that could be done differently in the editor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot and glhf! :D AvionAvion0 Sep 23
Sep 23 how do i enable heroes to pick up items? i am working on a map that combines all factions from warcraft 3 and starcraft 2. as a result i need my heroes to work properly and blizzard left them half done. leveling, inventory and the ability to pick up items was never finished. how do i add those elements? the tech tree was also left unfinished but i can handle that on my own.andreasasp2 Sep 23
Sep 18 Can someone make my Hero? I am willing to pay someone to make my Starcraft 2 hero, so I can play it on other Starcraft campaigns. Any takers? My Hero description is at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/20767697039GhostGiraffe6 Sep 18
Sep 17 don't know how to make abilities for Hero So I want to make this Protoss Hero Unit, I know how to change stats but making new ability for them is a nightmare. Even If I set the effects and models, it just doesn't seem to apply on my hero unit and I don't know. I also want to apply the character and his custom abilities in other mods and campaigns (but very difficult because you need to apply mods dependency). I try to make the character and I am using alliedcommander.mod but Editor keeps crashing. He is a super powerful character. My Hero Unit has these abilities. 0. (Passive) Detection (Automatic 'doesn't appear in the buttons') 1. (Passive) Shadow Walk (Replaces Patrol Button) - permanent cloaking, 25% speed increase, 30% Dodging, additional shield regeneration. 2. (Passive) Fury Barrier - Immortal's Barrier (40% of Current Level Maximum Health) with 10 sec cooldown. 3. (Passive) Relishing the Battle - Alarak's Soul absorbtion (enemy/ally) and damage increase (1.5% per soul) for 10 second and life leech 4. (Passive) Yearning Excitement - When Character's Health decreases 50% he gains 50% more attack speed and 30% critical hits. 5. (Passive) Ressurection - Artanis's Resurgence 6. (Active) Annhilation Wave - Alarak's Destruction Wave - but Stronger, wider, longer, Push back enemies including heroes. 7. (Active) Nova Charge - Artanis's Lightning Charge - but stronger, Wide, longer and greater stun (5sec) 8. (Active) Wrathful Manifestation - Protoss Teleport - teleport to an area without vision and 4 sec invulnerability and medium explosion. 9. (Active) Overwhelming Presence - Dehaka's Intimidation Roar combined with shield heal (Artanis's Astral Wind). 10. (Active) Shadow Clone - Dehaka's Generate Spawn ability - Spawn 3 lesser copies (half of health, shield) (only gets passive abilities except for ressurection abilities). (When used at Archon form, 3 lesser Archon forms are summoned and immediately replaces already summoned 3 copies (Base form)) 11. (Active) Rain of Great Destruction - Pour Down Torrent of Energy that decimates enemy forces (Replaces Stop Button) 12. (Active) Infinity Archon - Temporarily transform into an Infinity Archon. 13. (Active) Cosmic Annhilation - Kerrigan's Apocalypse but wider and stronger - exclusive to Archon Form temporarily replaces Archon transformation button. Help or tips are appreciated. ps. how can you make a spare mod just for my character?GhostGiraffe8 Sep 17
Sep 16 Adjusting Menu Size in Map Editor I bought an Alienware laptop. I love this thing, but in the Map Editor, I keep getting this issue of mis-sized menues that often overlap. Parts of it will be too big, and parts will be too small. I've tried adjusting screen resolution etc. but nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!Greg9 Sep 16
Sep 13 are barrieres a thing? Hi, Im new with the starcraft editor and I have a quick question. I would like to make a maze like map where you command a group of protoss through a forest of trees. however, whenever i test the map the protoss run right through the trees. How can i set up a barrier so units can't pass through certain areas?Kyle1 Sep 13
Sep 12 A tutor would be cool I am trying to get into modding and eventually game design as a career. I know there are some really talented people out there who mod like a boss. I was hoping to make a new friend and either help with someones existing mod or just to hangout and learn more about modding. Pave it forward and I'll make sure to do the same!Preacher1 Sep 12
Sep 12 How to apply 2 debuffs on 1 attack? As in the topic, how to do that? I've seen that on other maps but no idea how to implement it in my map though. Any help would be appreciatedSzalonyRndom2 Sep 12
Sep 11 Veterancy Behavior Broken? I have trouble with my veterancy behavior that seems to "force" share xp of a kill to surrounding player units. Even if the exp share filters are fully unchecked, even if the share radius is at 0, even if the share exp fraction is at 0, a dying unit will split to all surrounding units in a certain radius (where's that radius coming from anyway?!). Anybody can explain me if this is a bugged behavior, or if I'm just missing something ?Rem3 Sep 11
Sep 3 Team only build area So I made a map that has alot of no buildable areas and now I have spots for players to build on so how can I make it so one player can only build on his areaJenssons1 Sep 3
Aug 30 Setting a main to a Unit variable In any given melee map, a player starts out with a main (Hatchery, Command Center, or Nexus) and 12 workers. How would I go about setting the main base (directly) to a global Unit variable? I'm sure there's some weird stuff like, "Eventually, the player will likely select the Hatchery, so just check to see what unit he/she is selecting and if it's a hatchery, set it to that variable," but I would rather do this straight from map initialization. Something like, "If Player 1 owns a Hatchery, set that building to variable Unit X." Oh, I did see something like "Last Created Unit", but that could be either the workers or the main (or maybe even the opponent's units). I'm looking for something a little more secure than that.Innatious1 Aug 30
Aug 29 Missing text input Hello, I have this weird problem where I can't edit text in triggers. I want to simply edit text and I don't have any field where I could input my desired text I've tried disabling nvidia overlay, reinstalled editor, even reinstalled whole sc2 Weird thing I have seen is that I can actually type in "expression" tab but I don't see where do I type (simply I don't see the white text input) Best regardsSzalonyRndom0 Aug 29
Aug 26 Max Player Count I know the editor shows 14 users, 1 neutral, and 1 hostile player, but can this number be increased? Even if it only allows for more computers?Frosty4 Aug 26
Aug 22 how to modify animation properties ive been trying to modify the viking animation so it looks like its firing continously, so i thought that trimming the animation to the part where the guns are spinning and have the weapon fire faster would work, i just cant edit the animation duration nor start offset. any ideas?Avisuara1 Aug 22
Aug 22 logging in unable to login even though i reset password ect sms verified still cant log on and use editor and suggestions?Verchi1 Aug 22
Aug 22 Create naval units without triggers? Hi all, I need help with creating a Mover called Sea that will be able to move across a specific layer of Pathing, and would ONLY be able to move across this Pathing and be blocked by FlatGround, or Coastlines. I’ve tried to create a mover that requires pathing labeled as “No Burrow” but this doesn’t work very well since regular ground units are allowed to move across No Burrow pathing. Is there a way to create a mover that can ONLY move across cliff blockers and nothing else? My plan for naval units is to basically create a colossus that can walk across cliffs, but cannot wall across flat pathable ground. cliff walkers will not be in my mod whatsoever, so I’d like to have their pathing logic tweaked into a water only pathfinder. Thanks!KubusKraft0 Aug 22
Aug 22 How to reduce editor lag? Recently when clicking on a field that specifies an effect, such as the effect executed by an effect target ability, the editor has become incredibly laggy when displaying the list of possible effects. The number of possible effects that it needs to load hasn't sharply increased so I'd like to know how to fix this.overgalcian4 Aug 22
Aug 22 trigger for a building (win condition) Hey I was wonderig how in the editor make a custom win condition that would involve a building existing or not. like the building would spawn at the start and once you destroy it you'd win, I'm looking through the triggers right now and it's super confusing. Tying to make an event... this building destroyed... action... win the game?Runciter2 Aug 22
Aug 18 Can you stop bank replacement? Let's say you have a map that punishes players for bad behavior such as team killing by saving the number of tk's in their bank file and having various punishments in game based on this number. The problem with this is that someone could have 0 TK's. Save a copy of that bank file. Then if they TK in game and start getting punishments, they can just delete the current bank file and replace it with the 0 TK's bank file. Is there any way to prevent this? ThanksAnimus1 Aug 18
Aug 17 Extension Mod: Battlecruiser Fix I have created an extension mod for Battlecruisers! Instead of gutting them like you have I think it would be wise to take a look at my not-so-thought-out-numbers. You can find this extension on NA server by typing in Battlecruiser Fix. Here are some of the changes I made to the current Battlecruisers: Armor +1 Attack +2 Energy +50 Energy Cost +25 Energy regen +.5 Starting Energy +25 Yamato +50 dmg +2 uses (instead of just one) Mass +.2 Health +50 Weapon Speed +.215 (1.6 to 2.8) Armor Reduction +1 Range -.5 I have contemplated about lowering the health by about 150, upgrading the damage by 2 more and reducing cost by 75 minerals/50 gas or 100 minerals/75 gas. I am also thinking of doing a build time for Yamato gun and giving it a cost of 75mins/125gas per use while keeping the damage at 350. The main reason I am thinking of doing cost per shot is because of the abuse that having charges creates. What are your thoughts? Too strong? Too weak? Why?ChouYun1 Aug 17
Aug 16 Help with making a limited area to build in I'm new to the starcraft 2 editor and I would like to make a rectangle area (think direct strike) where that player can only build on the map, any help on how to do it?Jenssons1 Aug 16
Aug 15 Map Bugs: Need Help Please I have made a truly amazing starcraft 2 map but there are 2 little bugs I gotta work out. Most important is this. I am playing as Zerg and the "Mutate Greater Spire" option never shows up. I have 4 lairs and my spires are all stuck as regular. Therefore I can't make corruptors or brood lords. I need to activate the option or enable full tech tree but I don't know how. Second bug is highly annoying. This is a huge map with lots of enemy bases and places to hunker down for more resources. It takes a very, very, very long time to win. Many hours. Problem is that the game only allows me to play for 8 hours before it decides to end itself. I MUST eliminate this time cap or the map is quite literally impossible to win. How do I disable this timeout?Dreadstar10 Aug 15
Aug 14 How to Make an Extension Mod Help I want to make an extension mod so I can make BW units is multiplayer games. I know there like a million of these mods out there but all the most popular ones ive tried go wayyy overboard with the campaign stuff it adds. I simply want to add Defiler, Arbiter, Firebat, Etc. I dont want insane campaign upgrades like zergling reconstitution or terran mercenary units or mengsk elite units. I have added all the buttons to my barracks to make fire bats, medics, ect. I can make vultures and goliaths at my factory. science vessels at my starport. I can get them to work. But when I try to remove the button to make reapers I lose all the other buttons for firebat, marauder etc. Its like the train reaper button is somehow tied to the others and if I remove it than i lose the rest of train unit buttons as well. How do I remove reapers without breaking everything else?Hertdergs1 Aug 14