Editor Discussion

Dec 15, 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read! Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the Forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.Cloaken0 Dec 15, 2012
Apr 25 Beginner Map-Making Tutorial Videos Hi, DeltronLive has made Video Tutorials of the mapmaking tutorials Blizzard created in 2011. Deltron's videos uses the current version of the editor. Quote from Deltron: I made a video series to complement these written tutorials using the most current patch of the editor (as of this post). You can check it out here (Beginner Map Making Tutorial Video Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlC8YfRpYfL1I2S6uUAHY8b_1GBaamF8A). I cover the Terrain, Triggers, and Data modules. Please like and this would be good to stickYClover14 Apr 25
Dec 1, 2017 Update Regarding Bank Saves Hello StarCraft II Map Making Community, As most of you may know, there were some recent issues related to Bank Saves that exposed some issues with the system. In light of this, we've made some improvements we'd like to share: Added BankBackup and BankRestore native trigger functions: BankBackup can be used in the MeleeInit, or Generic event - This will create a new bank backup file each time BankBackup is called in a backup directory within your bank directory. It is still recommended to save your banks as you usually would using the native trigger BankSave. Added back in the deprecated trigger loops • IntLoopCurrentDeprecated • PlayerGroupLoopCurrentDeprecated • UnitGroupLoopCurrentDeprecated • ForEachInteger2Deprecated • ForEachIntegerDeprecated • PickEachIntegerDeprecated • ForEachPlayerInGroupDeprecated • PickEachPlayerInGroupDeprecated • PickEachUnitInGroupDeprecated • ForEachUnitInGroupDeprecated • UnitGroupLoopCurrentDeprecated Enabled Scintilla for the custom code editor within Windows. Improved performance to reduce editor load times. Added multiple item searching for the following when search terms are separated by a comma: • Data Editor • UI Editor • Cutscene Editor • Trigger Element selector • Terrain Editor • Text Editor Further improved performance within the Galaxy VM.Odyssues0 Dec 1, 2017
Nov 7, 2017 Mapping Tutorial & Resource Archive MAPPING TUTORIAL & RESOURCE ARCHIVE __________________________________________________________________________________ This thread is a collection of quality tutorials and resources for creating custom content within the StarCraft 2 Galaxy Editor. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to constistently check every single source listed below. I will do my best to update it with information I discover on my own, but the majority of the work lies on you to pass along anything you feel belongs on this list. That includes helping me remove outdated or redundant links. Post theses suggestions/reports below and, after verifying them, I will add/remove/update the link. This thread is NOT for questions. __________________________________________________________________________________ ----- INDEX 1) ASSETS - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#2 2) TERRAIN - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#3 3) TRIGGERS (GALAXY SCRIPT) - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#4 4) DATA (XML CODING) - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#5 5) MISCELLANEOUS - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#6 __________________________________________________________________________________ ----- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION You will quickly discover that nearly every link (as of posting this) directs you to SC2Mapster. I happen to "live" at Mapster so I really only know what Mapster has to offer. If you frequent other sites with useful information, don't hesitate to post them! Just keep in mind that I'll check them out before adding the link. If a site contains inappropriate content, I'll shy away from it. Keep your sources work safe :D It is important to understand that I won't add every suggested link just becauses it exists. If I find that two links show very similars ways of creating really big explosions, I'll opt for whichever is clearer/easier to understand. Alternatively, I may keep redundant information if there is a good reason for it. A perfect example being how to achieve a certain task in multiple modelling or graphic design programs. In that case, not everyone uses the same program, so it helps to address all platforms. Regardless, if I choose not to add/remove/update a link per a posted suggestion, I'll explain why. Lastly, if you did not create the linked source, make sure the person who did is okay with you sharing it. I don't want to see models ripped from a private forum thrown in here. I WILL honor the requests of those who wish their work to remain private by removing links. The fastest way to contact me is through Mapster: sc2mapster.com/profiles/ProzaicMuze/ProzaicMuze19 Nov 7, 2017
May 29 How change race tint? I'm trying to use the HUD consoles for my projects, but I have some problems. First of all I don't have idea how to put the consoles in-game, I just extract the console that I want and import it with the same name of the default, so the game will consider that one for the default, but I don't have idea for the button colors. I do the same thing for all the UI I found, but somethings remain with the default color (green for Terran, brown for Zerg and blue for Protoss). I'm trying to understand how to change the race tint so the buttons of the HUD will have different color. Someone can help me please?Zarxiel8 May 29
May 28 "Test Document" for Co-op Maps Hi everyone, I'm trying to develop a new Co-op map. I remember for RTC 2017 that someone gave a solution that allowed players to sort-of play the Co-op map by themselves under "Test Document" from the editor (the map is nowhere near ready for publishing in any shape or form), but I can't remember the required triggers off-hand. Does anyone know or who can point me to the topic in question where this was answered?Kit0 May 28
May 28 any way to create a mineral harvester i am thinking something similar to automated refineries.andreasasp21 May 28
May 27 How to modify an existing Mod There's this mod about being able to use COOP Commanders in Custom Games. Though I want to modify some of it (units, abilities, etc.) But how do I open or modify it without breaking it the moment I open it in the editor? Is there another way?Sonaa0 May 27
May 25 Csound Bug in Editor Crashes Editor It seems there is a current bug in the SC2 Editor with Csounds that result in a crash, and an error when using Csounds sound category. I believe this recent patch has erased or messed up Csounds.Dimento1 May 25
May 24 Old Blizzard Tutorial Links No Longer Work I tried using the link found in the help menu of the editor, http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/maps-and-mods/ and it appears to redirect to the StarCraft II game site, but does not go to any tutorial. Moreover, some other threads in this category use this link as well, and the link still gets redirected. Are the official tutorials lost? Or are they archived somewhere where others and myself can access them? Thanks, samsimsamsim1 May 24
May 12 Boundary Limits How can I make it so that entering the map edge takes you to the opposite map edge?Aisha4 May 12
May 12 how can i remove an art mod i added the nova covert ops(art mod) without knowing that it was bugged(everything gets dark when it is present). i never used anything from it but, it integrated itself into my map. any attempt to remove stuff from it just adds more stuff. how can i remove the mod?andreasasp8 May 12
May 10 Status information Is it possible to hide energy (including bar and number after selection) from enemy? Settings in the actor seems to treat all forces equally.MonkeyKing0 May 10
May 2 Monobattle: Control of Buildings I've got more of a general question, not sure where else to ask this. I play a decent amount of Monobattles. When playing terran you tend to wall off the ramp into the main. Is there a way to adjust the Monobattle mod so that individual buildings(supply depot) can be given control to other players so they can raise and lower it? I'd prefer this over giving a teammate control over all of my units. Thanks!InevitablEnd2 May 2
Apr 24 Show armor+weapon info instead of cargo info I have a unit with a weapon and a transport ability. When it picked up a cargo; i want the unit not to show the cargo info, but still show the armor and weapon info instead. I tried messing around with the transport ability (including turning off the Stats: Flags - Show Cargo Size) but none is working. Anyone know how it can be done?ixzyquinn2 Apr 24
Apr 23 Setting player colors within the editor I finished my first map a short while ago, a single player campaign, however, the player colors are not those set in the Map > Player Properties panel, and I can't access certain colors such as dark grey (black) within the game variants panel, and I can only chose from the main 8, not the full 16 colors that are available within the player properties panel. Anyone know how to fix this?AlphaSquad7 Apr 23
Apr 22 (Solved) Auto Targeting closest Unit Hey Guy's I need help for a Trigger im running out of mind. My wish is that every singel unit attacks the closest unit to itself, i finished this problem once 2017 but lost the mapfile. im not an english man so this is why my english isnt the best :D if you dont understand my problem please take a look at the arcade map Zombie Arena i want to have a trigger like the zombies chase the nearest unit. Or look at YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZO6WZAWCCA hope i can get some help and thanks for it .Amon1 Apr 22
Apr 21 squadron td like -> build phase units ? Hello, I'm creating a squadron TD like and i can't find how to make units having a 2x2 collision in build phase but normal collision in the other phase. I know i can create 2 times each units but i think there is a better way, like by using behaviors but i don't know how.MrRemy1 Apr 21
Apr 21 How to make Minerals respawn? I want to make a Command and Conquer Map version of SC2. So you have to build buildings from you Nexus, Hatchery or Command Center. And Keybuildings that normaly unlock Unit types, like Cybernetics Core unlocks Stalkers for warpgates, can be trained there. And every thing seems to work, but i cannot get Mineralz to respawn after a certain time in a chosen location. I just couldn't figured out. I could make that Mineralfields could be "VespineFields" for a Version with vespine gas, but i actually was even planing on dumping the Vespine Gas as a resource. But i simply cannot get them to respawn, neither after a random nor a specific amount of time.PumaTurtle1 Apr 21
Apr 19 Changing Unit Property Names? Just wondering, is it possible to change the name of a unit property? Say for instance I want to change the name of 'Energy' to 'Stamina' when its shown on the unit info panel. How would I do this? Thanks in advance for any help.JasonX1 Apr 19
Apr 19 Issue with selecting enemy units I am having a problem with a map I am making regarding some custom units I created in the data editor. When I start a test document of the map, I cannot select the AI-controlled units in order to view their properties in the info panel (like weapon, life, armor, shields, etc). Is there some kind of setting in the data editor I missed? I can't seem to find anything related to what I am looking for.JasonX2 Apr 19
Apr 18 Is it possible to change the size of water? Default water is a 8x8 block. Is it possible to make a smaller one? Can't find any thing related to this in data module.MonkeyKing1 Apr 18
Apr 13 Having water staying solid I have made a small map I've created a basic player vs AI. Everything working as it should expect for the water. I've palace the water on the map but it keeps showing me a transparent view. Units can walk right through where I put it. I made a tall line to divide the map and in order to get one place to another both forces has to fly over. I can't seem get a grip on making the transparent solid. I've played with this map editor before and had no problems making it so no units walk through it. I don't remember how I did it. Can anyone help me?Exmortis2 Apr 13
Apr 13 Help Requested: When Player 1 creates a... Intention: When Player 1 creates a Marine, it attack moves to Player 2's start location. Please explain in depth how this is done. Thanks!BlakeConnors1 Apr 13
Apr 8 My custom weapons are showing the wrong stats These weapons are for an arcade game, and both an uploaded test version, and the in-editor test show the same problem. One of the Guns does 5 damage, but it says it does 16. The second gun does 20 damage but the game also says it does 16. the third displays the proper damage(that being 4), but also says it does 9 damage vers. light, but it isn't supposed to have bonus vers anything. Even weirder is; they do the proper amount of damage in game, just the in game UI is messing up.TSAV4 Apr 8
Apr 7 Dependencies Aren't there? When I go to the dependencies only the wings of liberties ones show up. I have all of the games and they used to be there but I reset my computer and now only Wings of liberty show up. Is there anyway to get them back?PatchToss3 Apr 7
Apr 7 What does red events mean in Actor? When I try to modify events in Actor things often turn red for no reason. For example, in defensive matrix model, it sets scales to battlecruiser with X=1.2, Y=1.5, Z=1.0. If I modify the numbers, this event turns red. If I delete this event, every event below it turns red. The modified values don't work in test. Please help thanks!MonkeyKing0 Apr 7
Apr 5 Heroes of the Storm Assers (facial animation) Hello there! I'm quite new in editor and the only I use is the cutscene editor. My current goal is to use HotS assets. I've found some guides, like this one https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PUCkrf_aNicgaOK59EKjgOtgTHj3ZDtVEAjQaAmhsnM/edit?usp=drive And everything works fine. Except facial animation. I can find in HotS archives some .fxa files but I have no idea what to do next. As well there are .fxe files next to audio files for each character's speech. Is it possible to make imported characters talk?Mory1 Apr 5
Apr 4 Duplicating Terran flying structures I got an problem on this issue. When I duplicate any flying structure, the name of original one and the original landed one will be changed too. For example, when I duplicate "Starport (Flying)", I get a "Starport Copy (Flying)". However the original "Starport" and "Starport (Flying)" changes to "Starport Copy" and "Starport Copy (Flying)" as well. *(Flying) is a suffix in editor. The same thing happens too if I use "Add Unit" and choose "Copy From" in "Field Values". How to fix it?MonkeyKing2 Apr 4
Apr 4 Using field structures in custom wizards? Currently, I am writing a wizard that allows me to quickly create custom races, however, I ran into a wall when it comes to field structures. There is documentation about them here: https://sc2mapster.gamepedia.com/Fields_Structure Basically, these types are used when creating input and entry fields in custom wizards. However, while links and enumerations work fine, I am unable to use or embed structures in my wizards. This could be SModification, for instance, which is used for behaviors to describe their modifications. I would like to embed the wizard that shows up when altering the modifications of a behavior in the data editor in my own wizard, being able to set its properties and then create a custom behavior from my wizard. As you can imagine, something as complex as the wizard for SModification is not something that you want to re-code. Is there any way to work with default wizards of Blizzard, the ones that show up when editing fields in the data editor and to embed them into custom wizards created by modders or is there no other way than to re-code them yourself?Ardenian0 Apr 4
Apr 2 Loss conditions for two units killed sametime I'm using Starcraft2 to do some machine learning (ML) experimentation. I have modified some pre-existing maps. player one has some marines (controlled by the ML AI), and team 2 the standard computer has a tank. Here is a screen shot of my script https://imgur.com/x9GI7zJ My Defeat conditions triggers when any unit dies, and when the last unit is killed for player 1 then player 1 gets a loss. The problem is when a tank kills two units a the same time triggering script does not consider the triggering unit to be the last unit but then they both die, and then the game does not end. I would expect that removing the triggering unit form the game would result in one of the two simultaneous triggers to successfully trigger the defeat "then statement". I assume triggers don't literally run simultaneously. Any help would be greatly appreciated.RLresearch1 Apr 2
Apr 1 Mac Editor crashing from models I am not sure if this is just happening to me or other, people but recently anytime I try to look at a model in the cutscene editor or under the model section, the editor tries to load, but then just crashes. This even happens on a fresh file. However this doesn't happen when I try it on PC. Is this an existing bug that is happening with everyone or could it have something to do with my computer?RayoftheSun1 Apr 1
Apr 1 PLEASE fix the SC2 Galaxy Editor for Mac?!? Everytime I try to resize the window it crashes. And that's just ONE of the many other bugs that apparently have been plauge the SC2 Editor for YEARS. This is unacceptable Blizzard!Durzan2 Apr 1
Mar 31 (SOLVED) I need help. Please help me. This map editor is driving me crazy. Does anyone know how make that the units can not push each other, even if they have the same move priority? Just like in Starcraft 1, you know. I'm looking for the solution everywhere and I can not find it, I've been desperate for several days and cursing Blizzard for making such an infernally disastrous editor. Please, help meMinuro3 Mar 31
Mar 31 SC2 Alpha Units, Upgrades, Abilities & Skins I was just wondering if it was possible to recover some of the original concepts from the Alpha stages of development for the Map Editor. Such as the older skins for all three races. The rejected units like the Soul Hunter and Shredder.Distortion0 Mar 31
Mar 25 Submenu Button Cooldown Hi, i'm trying to create a cooldown timer shown for a submenu button. Say i have a probe with a "Warp In Structure" submenu button. Clicking the button goes to show the next command card. The next command card has two ability buttons: warp in pylon and warp in cannon. Then, warping in any of those two, will get the "Warp In Structure" button a 15 second cooldown. I can get the button disabled/enabled by using the Requirement option. But I can't seem to get the cooldown timer shown on the button. Any idea to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.ixzyquinn2 Mar 25
Mar 20 Create Barracks with Tech lab Hi, Is there a way to create Barracks w/ Tech lab attached in the editor? I've been looking through the editor and it seems that the only way is to: 1. create Barracks and 2. order Build - TechLab. But instead, I want Barracks WITH Techlab created at once. Thank you.jaejaywoo3 Mar 20
Mar 14 Need help finding some audios. PLS help! Hi. How can I find and extract the death sound effects of the medic from sc2? Could you guys please help me out? everything seems so complicated... PLEASE!PANTANA0 Mar 14
Mar 13 Units getting bigger How can i make _any_ units getting bigger and bigger? Something like the coop mutation avenger, different kinds of units getting bigger with each stack of avenger buff (up to 10). Anyone know how to make something similar?ixzyquinn5 Mar 13
Mar 13 Can you temporarily buff unit push priority? I'm trying to modify an ability so while it is in use, it temporarily increases the unit's push priority from 10 to 11, so it can push right through enemy units during the duration of the ability. I tried to find a way to do this with Behavior Modifications or Triggers, but couldn't seem to find anything related to modifying push priority. Is this possible?Kaleb6 Mar 13
Mar 11 Arcade map ends in Victory immediately Hello, I am making my first attempt at a map but having a problem. Since I want to place buildings and units I have changed the mode of the map to "Arcade". I have created a few buildings and units and assigned some to each of the following players: 0 - neutral 1 - player 1 15 - hostile I have published the map (name "Spacemap 1") and made it public/unlocked. However whenever I run it (from 'arcade' mode screen) it ends in victory immediately. I checked and I don't see any triggers which indicate that the game should be ending. Can someone please help me? I assumed that if I don't have any triggers about the game ending it should go on until all the enemy units are killed. Thanks!PrinceKenji2 Mar 11
Mar 11 Burning Tide edition Game results in tie because of mineral count?thev2 Mar 11
Mar 6 How to view the units data of an arcade game? I am wondering how to view units' data of an arcade game, since some maps you can only create 3rd party units, you can't see their abilities in game. And i can't find the maps files in folder.Ash2 Mar 6
Mar 6 Mac Editor Problems I don't know if Blizzard is even aware of all of the issues plaguing the Mac editor. Here are some notable ones: General: Many keyboard shortcuts aren't listed correctly in the menus. E.g. the keyboard shortcut for File->Test Document is CMD+F9 but is shown as FN+F9. Also, it seems that some default keyboard shortcuts are conflicting with each other, such as File->Test Document and Modules->Import, or View->View Selection->View In Overview Manager and View->View Selection->View In Data Editor. General: Editing text in different places such as custom script fields, trigger hint text fields, trigger parameter/variable text fields, and the UI module's XML editor is hugely complicated because every time you type a quotation mark it is automatically and immediately replaced with a different kind of quotation mark that causes an error of some kind. Attempting to save a map with this character anywhere in an XML file may cause further corruption that has to be cleaned up manually by fixing any messed up tags and pasting the correct quotation mark character instead of typing it wherever it is needed. Furthermore, when editing parameter/variable text in the Triggers module copy & pasting is disabled, so it has to be done through the Text module. General: The "Messages" window pops up all of the time with random junk and cannot be closed with CMD+W like any other normal window. It is extremely irritating. General: Toolbar buttons often don't display tooltips. This is especially problematic in the data module where the icons are so poorly designed that it is difficult to tell which button does what. General: Certain UI elements are horribly broken because they behave as if they were in a different location on the screen, including: changing the rotation of units or doodads or the pitch, roll or yaw of camera objects using the disc gizmo in the Terrain module; painting footprints in the Data module; the 3D manipulators; and the timeline scrubber in the Cutscene Editor. Test Document: Gameplay, input and hotkey settings are lost every restart. Test Document: The trigger debug window doesn't appear anymore. Triggers Module: Collapsed action groups constantly become expanded on their own while working on a map, making the feature virtually useless. Triggers Module: Custom grammar text doesn't work anymore. Data Module: We can't close tabs without first switching to them, right-clicking on a tab and choosing "Close Tab". This is a PITA because switching tabs is so slow. Data Module: Enabling View->View Raw Data causes the field table to scroll to the top and select the first field, making it difficult to find the field you were looking at again. Data Module: Modifying fields from standard dependencies and then choosing Edit->Undo doesn't change the color of the field name/value from green back to blue. The same sometimes happens when right-clicking on a field and choosing "Reset To Parent Value". The same applies when trying to reset entire objects. Data Module: Sometimes selecting an object in the object list or in the object explorer (especially) causes the field table to blank. Data Module: With View->View Raw Data enabled, clicking on a field value to edit it and then clicking outside of the text box sets the field value to "" (nothing) instead of confirming the change as in every other native Mac app. Data Module: Some actor event terms (e.g. AnimBaselineState, ValidateUnit) randomly disappear from the dropdown menu. UI Module: Frequent, random crashing. UI Module: XML changes in layout files are randomly reverted and don't show up until reopening the map. It is bad enough that the editor is a vastly complex tool to create complex systems within a complex game engine and comes without any form of official documentation, has very few and often unhelpful/incomplete/inaccurate tooltips and hints and has very few community-based resources. Sites like SC2Mapster.com have existed since the release of Wings of Liberty and yet have still very incomplete documentation. Please, at least fix these egregious bugs. Please, at least pretend like you care about the map-making community and Mac users in particular. Please, don't let this amazing piece of software fall further and further into disrepair. You've invested so much time and effort into bringing the editor to the Mac, why let it slip into obscurity now when you could still save it with comparatively little effort? Just hire a talented programmer dedicated to maintaining the Mac version of the SCII editor. Just one guy or girl. This is my last plea...hawk53 Mar 6
Mar 5 Is the editor powerful enough to make A Kirby side-scrolling game with powers and stuff?TheMechE4 Mar 5
Mar 5 Editor hangs, but is still minimizable? How is this even possible? I thought that if a program stopped responding, then you couldn't minimize it until it started responding.StormyFacade1 Mar 5
Mar 3 BUG? Creating new unit. Hey Gamers, having an issue with the editor’s automatic edit/create file system that gets executed when creating a new unit. For example, try creating a “Thor” unit by “duplicate unit” (create by “new unit” also has the same issue). When the automatic file system executes, it does create and renames the new file(s) needed but, it also renames the original file(s) using the new file name (now having 2 files with the same name, original plus copy). During the file creation, the system also writes some of the needed files into the original file(s) rather than in the new create file(s). When viewing the files, the original file(s) now have 2 actor files that will throw an error message when you click the original unit to add onto the map and when played in game. The extra actor copy should have been written to the newly create file. Anyone else having the same issue or has this issue already been reported? Thanks in advance, Gamer Editor version: 4.8.3.72282Iceman1 Mar 3
Mar 2 Custom Game Acceptable Use Policy Please update the "Custom Game Acceptable Use Policy". Intellectual property created by a person should be owned by them, and them only - regardless of what tool were used to create it. If you publish anything to any workshop owned by valve the ownership of your own creation still remains.papaya0 Mar 2
Mar 2 custom co op missions with commanders? is it possible to make custom co op missions with the commanders and all their abilities or no?Kord3 Mar 2
Feb 14 Editor now has a blue fog Whenever I create a new map, it now has a blue fog over the map, for example the redstone tileset it's got a big blue hue over it.. is there a way I can get it back to normal?Batman0 Feb 14