Editor Discussion

Dec 15, 2012 Forum Guidelines - Please Read! Welcome to the StarCraft II discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of StarCraft II with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the Forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the StarCraft II community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct, here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The StarCraft II forums are for discussion of topics directly related to StarCraft II The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to StarCraft II, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Do not bump posts The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called 'necro bumping' or 'necroing'). Petition posts are frowned upon These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Do not post about locked or deleted threads Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum code of conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.Cloaken0 Dec 15, 2012
Oct 31 Beginner Map-Making Tutorial Videos Hi, DeltronLive has made Video Tutorials of the mapmaking tutorials Blizzard created in 2011. Deltron's videos uses the current version of the editor. Quote from Deltron: I made a video series to complement these written tutorials using the most current patch of the editor (as of this post). You can check it out here (Beginner Map Making Tutorial Video Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlC8YfRpYfL1I2S6uUAHY8b_1GBaamF8A). I cover the Terrain, Triggers, and Data modules. Please like and this would be good to stickYClover8 Oct 31
Jan 26, 2014 Mapping Tutorial & Resource Archive MAPPING TUTORIAL & RESOURCE ARCHIVE __________________________________________________________________________________ This thread is a collection of quality tutorials and resources for creating custom content within the StarCraft 2 Galaxy Editor. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to constistently check every single source listed below. I will do my best to update it with information I discover on my own, but the majority of the work lies on you to pass along anything you feel belongs on this list. That includes helping me remove outdated or redundant links. Post theses suggestions/reports below and, after verifying them, I will add/remove/update the link. This thread is NOT for questions. __________________________________________________________________________________ ----- INDEX 1) ASSETS - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#2 2) TERRAIN - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#3 3) TRIGGERS (GALAXY SCRIPT) - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#4 4) DATA (XML CODING) - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#5 5) MISCELLANEOUS - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4217173395?page=1#6 __________________________________________________________________________________ ----- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION You will quickly discover that nearly every link (as of posting this) directs you to SC2Mapster. I happen to "live" at Mapster so I really only know what Mapster has to offer. If you frequent other sites with useful information, don't hesitate to post them! Just keep in mind that I'll check them out before adding the link. If a site contains inappropriate content, I'll shy away from it. Keep your sources work safe :D It is important to understand that I won't add every suggested link just becauses it exists. If I find that two links show very similars ways of creating really big explosions, I'll opt for whichever is clearer/easier to understand. Alternatively, I may keep redundant information if there is a good reason for it. A perfect example being how to achieve a certain task in multiple modelling or graphic design programs. In that case, not everyone uses the same program, so it helps to address all platforms. Regardless, if I choose not to add/remove/update a link per a posted suggestion, I'll explain why. Lastly, if you did not create the linked source, make sure the person who did is okay with you sharing it. I don't want to see models ripped from a private forum thrown in here. I WILL honor the requests of those who wish their work to remain private by removing links. The fastest way to contact me is through Mapster: sc2mapster.com/profiles/ProzaicMuze/ProzaicMuze18 Jan 26, 2014
11h Make the Data Editor simpler to use Currently, the Map Editor is in a very dire state. There is a very simple reason why we aren't seeing very good maps on the Arcade being produced and that is the sheer time and tedious frustration and backtracking it takes to actually produce new units from scratch. http://www.sc2mapster.com/wiki/galaxy/tutorials/data-editing/unit/from-scratch-unit/ This tutorial - far more comprehensive than the awful, fundamentally beginner focused battle.net data module tutorial that in no comprehensive way whatsoever only shows you how to edit data from existing objects - actually shows you how to create a brand new in-game unit (in the case a tower for a custom tower defence map) from scratch. However, this tutorial shows many fundamental flaws with the Map Editor. Let's summarise it as follows: Create a Unit, define all its metadata, etc. But oh wait it doesn't do anything so you need an Actor. Create an Actor, define all its metadata and link it to the Unit. But now it has no model and still does nothing. Now you gotta create a Model. Create a Model. Define its relevant metadata and dimension and link it to a model of an existing unit located in the SC2 file folders, then link THAT to the Actor. So now you got a unit with a model that does nothing. what now? Add abilities. You have to do this both in the abilities tab and the Command Card tab. But the command card doesn't work? Oops, you gotta link said abilities to said command card buttons one-by-one. P.S, yes, basic movement commands, something that every SC2 unit short of an inanimate building pretty much does have to go through this rigorous process too. But now you have a unit with a model that moves but does no attack? You big silly! You now have to create a new weapon from scratch, add the metadata, and link that to the Actor. So now you have a unit with a model that moves and attacks, but the attack has no effect? You're an idiot! You need to add the damage as an effect then link that to the Weapon. But now you noticed there is no audio or animation for your attack and it's just an instanteous, unaudible mess? Now you gotta do the exact same as mentioned above. Create a unit for the missile, create an actor for the missile and now create a mover for the missile and create a new model and sound for the missile, defining and linking all the relevant metadata for each and every component of this one basic missile ...at which point, you've thrown your computer out of the window in frustration. Why do we need all of this annoying subcategorisation? Even WarCraft III's Map Editor had about a tenth of the subcategories SC2's has. And what about subcategories like Actors and Effects. Do we REALLY need those? Actors feel like another unnecessary middle-man in the chain that realistically do nothing and being forced to subcategorise things like weapons, effects etc even more? Wait a minute, aren't weapoons SUPPOSED to deal damage and usually have missiles attached to them? Why do we have to define another dozen subcategories of information just to get a projectile based weapon to work? This wouldn't even be a problem if duplicating existing units weren't such a chore. Copy a new unit? Oh wait you have to duplicate and re-link the dozens of subcategories in order to get your exact copy of a unit to function. What did you do in WarCraft III? Copy, Paste, Presto! It works!Clbull9 11h
11h Allied Commanders -- Cheese Limiter I've seen a number of threads on the subject of using Coop Commanders in a PvP setting. I'm about 30% finished with a mod that will allow us to do that (which means I'm 90% through the learning curve on how these commanders actually work). What I want help with, currently, is what I call the "Cheese Limiter": that is, a set of alterations to the individual commanders, such that they will become something close to balanced. Needless to say, this is a big project, and I'd like as many outside opinions as possible. Thanks in advance.EatsHumans2 11h
12h Mod with many "race" options I have played the mods where you pick a race then can build all the co-op and campaign units for that race in the game. its great for messing around on but if you wanted to play a halfway real feeling game with it, it would be too clunky to do. So what i want to do is make a mod where you pick the faction of the race before the game starts. Ive managed to create 4 factions for each race and populate it with units, so if you include the 3 existing races this would allow for 15 options for a race in the selection. That would give each faction its own feel and make for some interesting matches that can be played like normal. Ill post my races in the first few comments. feel free to add feedback on units, or the mode if you feel a race or the mode is missing something.DrFuzzyGlove4 12h
13h Hyperion's lab upgrades Hi, i have a question, it (or how) is possible to enable the hyperion's lab researches in a custom map.. Command center reactor as an example. Sorry for my english and thanks for your answers.Serginho0 13h
13h Make the AI train custom units? While I was working on my mod, I created a lot of custom units that you would otherwise not find in any melee map. I, however, haven't gotten the AI to spawn the custom units, is there something I should do? Any help would be appreciated.Ultimatekill2 13h
22h Creating a ladder for an Arcade Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to create a ladder league for an Arcade? I would like the players to obtain MMR and statistics that will always be recorded and even check their position in the league when they want.Menro1 22h
1d Editting Nova Campaign missions I know it is currently not possible to access the Nova Campaign missions in the editor (Despite being able to edit the missions for all of the other expansions). Could I get a concrete answer as to whether they will be accessible? I've been submitting a ticket about once a month ever since the first 3pack of missions, and the answer is always 'We don't know, post in the forums'. One of the main reasons I purchased them was to be able to edit them, and it's disappointing to not be able to do so. Thank you!Cuisdy1 1d
1d Discord for Mappers/Modders Hello! I'm ThePhail. I write on behalf of Sc2mapster.com I've created a discord server for people who comes to sc2mapster. But we've agreed that everyone should be welcome to come and discuss everything related to Starcraft 2 Modding. That means if you make maps, do terrain, do models, like to mess with data, triggers and so on. You're more than welcome. The more the merrier! https://discord.gg/Jtzt8Su If you're not sure about it, at least come and check it out. We're a rad bunch of people who are really enthusiastic about what we do. See you later!ThePhail0 1d
1d Creating a Mod for beginner? Hi guys, Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask this question. I used to play this mod that no longer seems to exist with the recent updates. I really enjoyed it as it made Terran really strong and I would play 4vs1 for some hectic games. I have 2 saved games with the mod, but I can't start any new ones with it. The name doesnt seem to be listed anywhere so I am not sure how to find more details on it. I was just wondering two things: 1) What is the timeline on learning how to create a custom mod, for someone who has never even looked at how to do it before? 2) Would it be smarted to try to find someone to create the mod for me? Thankssodabiscuit2 1d
2d poker defense !! There is a tower defense game called Poker Defense which I love to play daily while I am at work. After the 3.0 patch, Poker Defense no longer works properly, for example, I can no longer remove platforms,Any help is appreciated!!! Its a really good game!MrIQ0 2d
4d Models and selection help needed I am having trouble with two unit models I am using. I have replaced the regular siege tank with a new model. When I use this model on the siege tank (both unsieged and sieged), the tank cannot be selected with a bandbox or by control clicking. It will respond and act correctly only if directly clicked on. It also happens with this warhound model. Can someone fix this for me, or at least tell me how to fix it? Models I am using are here, I didn't make them: https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/terran-organization-units/files/912294 https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/terran-organization-units/files/910448Skybox3 4d
4d Preview Model Animation In-editior? In Warcraft III's editor it was as simple as placing a model on the map clicking on it and scrolling through it's animations in the preview window below the minimap. Is there a way to do this in Starcraft II's Galaxy editior? If so where and how?JakeCWolf1 4d
4d Help needed with models and hit tests. I ran into a problem using two unit models for my mod. The problem is that I can't select the unit when it is using the models. After looking forever I found the cause of the problem: The two models I was using lacked HitTestTight and HitTestFuzzy. Now my question is how the hell do I add these to the model (actors maybe?) and can I do it without getting a modeling editing software? Even if someone could fix the models for me that would be fantastic, I have a link to them below. https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/terran-organization-units/files/912294 (This one has some animation issues with Siegeing, if you could fix that too you are officially my hero) https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/terran-organization-units/files/910448Skybox1 4d
4d 3.8: Mac Editor Crashes on Trigger Edit As of Patch 3.8, the Mac map editor crashes when you edit any trigger entry, or attempt to edit a placed doodad on a map (that didn't fit in the title). It probably crashes other ways, as well, but I haven't taken the time to try to suss them out. I hope you can forgive me for being frustrated, but this has been a really disappointing year for Mac users. The editor has gotten increasingly more broken with each patch, now to the point of being unusable. It's one thing to, say, not be able to reliably save to component files, but to not be able to use the editor at all? I know that this isn't an officially supported product, but...this really sucks.LucidIguana19 4d
5d Depend mod upgrades effects: So I am make my own custom dependencies mod. and every time I try and add the (Stone Zealot) for example or other units to upgrade effects it removes a bunch of others from that list. and it also does not seem to add the upgraded i added in the first place. please help i probably doing something wrong or this bug. video of what I'm seeing is below: https://youtu.be/kYaLpNo4C4s https://youtu.be/kYaLpNo4C4sWarpath0 5d
6d Possible to use editor without logging in? Poor person here. I can't afford any internet anymore, used to have hughesnet but the price has inexplicably risen too much. I can't get the cheaper and better internet service out here in the woods so now the way to connect to battle.net is through a cell phone in which I'm writing this. Is there any way for me to access the editor without logging in and having to prove I own it? Sure I sound like a pirater but I truly own this game and all expansions. If its impossible to use the editor offline then at least tell me if its a one time authentication meaning I only need to connect once or do I absolutely have to be online all the time to enjoy it? If the latter is the case, this is the !@#$tiest way to treat your consumers. I understand it might combat piracy but doing so at the expense of your customers convienence is very... %^-*ty. I just want to use the damn editor. Glhf and sorry for the strong language.Tesian1 6d
Jan 16 Can't open editor offline Hi, I live on a ship and can't always have access to the internet. When I open the editor, it keeps asking me to authenticate with b.net I've authenticate it multiple times online. Am I not able to use the editor offline? Thanks.johnsonator5 Jan 16
Jan 15 Webby zerg units? Have u guys seen the new webby new units in the editor? The map im working on has the commander dependancy in it that might be where they are coming from but all the main zerg units have webby icons and wireframes, they look awesome. look em up. Any guess what they could be for? There also seems to be taldarim icons for protoss but nothing for terran.HappyFace1 Jan 15
Jan 15 Selecting a difficulty but for Co-Op The title says it, I'm trying to make my map (from stated before) and I want a difficulty setting in which up to 3 players can choose via the old: move unit to beacon to cast vote, way. Now unless there's an easier way to do that I need help on how to set the triggers up on that. And since my search quarry is pretty damn vague, I couldn't yield the results I'm looking for. I have an area (w/i map borders) in which I have placed 4 beacons (and points to link): Casual, Medium, Hard, and Brutal. I have a rough idea on how many buildings, units, and upgrades will proc on each difficulty (enemy wise.) And that's the part I need help with (more so). 1. I need to have a difficulty selection for the active players. 2. I need to link buildings, units, ETC to each difficulty. 3. I'd also like have a hero selection that's first come first serve. (haven't searched for this yet but I'll include it since it's on topic, also linked with beacons and points.) Sorry if it's a tad confusing, I'll explain in more detail if needed.MagicMan4 Jan 15
Jan 15 How do I create pre-game options? When you create a new game with an extension mod, sometimes the mod maker has included extra game play options that can be selected before the game starts. I don't know how to do this, could someone explain how to do this like I am five years old? For example, I want to create a race selection option for custom races, and I also want to create an option that changes the amount of minerals and vespene in each mineral / gas geyser.Skybox1 Jan 15
Jan 14 Empty Harvest Amount Hi, do blues/devs answer here? Because I'm trying to make the Vespene Geysers work like in BW, so if they're empty they can still be mined for less vespene per trip. There is a field on the behavior "Empty Harvest Amount" on the Vespene unit as well as Refinery, but it doesn't do anything. The guys at sc2mapster.com didn't find any solution either. So I'm wondering: is this intentional, is this a bug, is there a work around or did I make a mistake? Does Blizzard help in such cases?iLLuSia2 Jan 14
Jan 13 Starcraft Brood Wars supply limited I was wondering if anyone can give me a hand on changing he supply limited in the Brood wars from 200 cap to at least 600 cap. I searched google but no luck. Any help welcome. Thank you.Boki3 Jan 13
Jan 12 Cant access map functions - editor crashes. My Editor has been gradually becoming less and less co-operative. However, now when I try to use any of the functions (Map Info, Map Bounds, Map Symmetry etc) the who program just crashes. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing and nothing helps. any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!Kaedin1 Jan 12
Jan 12 Help with the trigger "set next movie" Hello, I am trying use campaing cinematics in my maps, for example that battle in Ulaan between zeratul and Kerrigan, or that last Heart of Swarm cinematic, etc... I've tried everything but nothing worked. the trigger that best helped me was "play cutscene", it's plays many "low quality" short cinematics, but with the More realistic cinematics mentioned in the previous example this trigger only plays the cinematics sonds but not the images, It's very frustrating. Recently i discovered the trigger "set next movie". It should plays .ogg movies files after the end of the game, incluiding imported files! but to my frustration, after the end of the game, the movie is not displayed, the game ends and simply appears the sc2 main menu loading screen. Same as when the trigger "set next map" is Is used incorrectly. I thought the problem was that I was using imported files, but I tried using with blizzard files and the movie was not displayed again. Well, so I would like to know if that trigger really does not work, or If I'm using it incorrectly, and in this case, How do I use it correctly?! If someone can kindly help me, he or she would have my eternal gratitude!! En Taro Adun!EvoMaster0 Jan 12
Jan 11 Nova: Covert Ops maps/assets? Since the launch of Nova's last map pack, some assets are still missing from the editor, such as the Tarsonis Interior Door doodad seen in the very first map pack. Additionally, despite having paid for all of the map packs in full, I am unable to open the Nova maps to look at the environments and take notes on how Blizzard's level design team constructed the maps. I'm interested in dissecting the 'In the Enemy's Shadow' map, for example, as I'm working on a map that takes place inside a schoolhouse and the design of that map could prove to be a useful teaching tool for me. It seems incongruous that Blizzard would release all campaign maps except the Nova ones, even to paying customers. Is there any context I can get from a blueposter about this?Pronogo9 Jan 11
Jan 10 Using Coop Commanders in Arcade Maps I've been playing around with making a game mod that lets you use Coop Commanders in any map you design yourself. I know this is not an original idea, and so someone must have worked on this as well. My problem is the sheer mass of information that needs to be sifted through in order to make commanders usable in other maps. I've discovered there is a huge library of triggers and whatnot, which make the commanders work, and I have found no way to implement these things in my own map, save re-creating them from scratch. There is a Commander dependancy mod, which can be downloaded, and this has all the unit and ability info, but does not seem to follow any proper tech trees. It just makes ALL special units from ALL commanders of a given race available all at once (often the command cards are so crowded that not all items you want can even be seen and used.) (much of this I can work around, just using the "requirements" tab in the data editor, but that does not remove the frustration.) ----- does anyone know how to actually access the triggers that control calldown abilities for Karax, Raynor, etc? does anyone just have a map with completed tech tree requirements for each commander? I'm having great difficulty (since my test map is a standard melee pvp) suppressing melee initialization triggers, long enough to actually select the proper commander? does anyone have a workaround for that? I tried making each commander a race, but custom races are not selectable pre-game. I could just make a dialogue menu to select the commander from, but having this selection occur before starting units spawn is ... not working yet. frankly, if there are any other players at all who are working on a similar project, and are willing to trade ideas, I would love to talk to you.EatsHumans18 Jan 10
Jan 9 setting teams for 2v2v2v2 HELP what if one wanted to create a 2v2v2v2 i had a map in progress that i gave up on a while bakc because i couldnt figoure out how to make it set 2v2v2v2. players would always get mixed up i would REEEALY APPRECIATE SOME HELPIDleHands0 Jan 9
Jan 8 Hlp with teams I don't know why in Starcraft 2 Editor is SO FU*** hard create teams, while in World Editor (Warcraft III) is so easy. Someone have a good tutorial about create teams? I want create 2 teams for a moba game, 10 players, 5 for each team and a ally for each (The creeps). Thank you.Orion3 Jan 8
Jan 7 Anyway to access mods on Starcraft 2 editor? I have been wondering if there is any way to access other mods on the SC2 editor. I want to access the mods and modify them (for private use). Is there any way to do this? Thanks.Ultimatekill3 Jan 7
Jan 6 Missions and save state? Hey all, Does anyone know of a good tutorial, or care to explain how create missions, and how to get a save state if that's possible? I want to make a mission based game. I would like it so players can gain levels every time they beat a mission so when they come back to the game they can continue where they left off. No data other then that needs to be saved (score, exp, ect.), just what level they have reached. Also would like a restart level option.Zergkilla3 Jan 6
Jan 5 Stop Shooting Through Walls I'm trying to find a way to make it so that attacks and abilities can't pass through walls. I'm not certain what the best way to do this is. I have a couple ideas that may work: Force projectiles to path to the destination. - This will need to check range to the target and pathing distance seperately. - This may not work if firing down from a cliff. Create a validator or something that will check for intervening terrain. Limit each unit to its own line of sight. If there is anyone who is more experienced with the editor and who can explain the best way of doing this, I'd appreciate the advice.Colten2 Jan 5
Jan 3 Behind the scenes commands Hey all, For fun today, I've been playing around with the launch interceptor weapon and the interceptor hanger just for fun. Its pretty cool how it can work when modded. I have figured out how to make multiple hangers work and how to change just about everything I can think of. But I can't figure out how the interceptors are commanded to do what they do after they are created. I want them to individually attack different targets rather then all ganging up on one bogie at a time. Is this possible? 2ndly Is there a way to see/modify what commands a unit is given behind the scenes. For example some units have a behavior response acquire. Can I see the commands given in more detail then that? Because in game the unit will stand there until an enemy enters a range of it then move towards the enemy and engage it. After the enemy is killed the unit will travel back to its original location. Can I see/modify these actions within the data editor? I have found acquire leash which has something to do with it. I want to make the original location more permanent. If a unit is traveling back to its original location and bump into another unit, it loses its original location. Some spells cause units to lose this as well like disruption field.Zergkilla2 Jan 3
Jan 3 Command Card Isn't working Hello everyone, I am fairly new to the sc2 editor, so I really need help with this as I don't know what to do myself. So, my problem is that my custom unit doesn't show its abilities on the command card. These are vanilla abilities, I did not create them myself. They show up on the command card in the editor, but not in game. In game the command card shows the message: (Right click) to move (A) then click ground to auto attack. That's all that shows up, I've been looking high and low for an hour now seeing if anything can help my problem, and I haven't found anything. Thank you for reading. (Edit) It seems like the first 2 lines of buttons are getting blocked in the command card. The bottom line works fine.MrOrigen1 Jan 3
Jan 2 Weird un-removable/un-fixable void circles I'm trying to make a map (obviously) but not a normal one... What I have in mind involves a campaign map, more specifically a map from HotS, Shoot the Messenger. I have removed all units, structures, and anything else that's not wanted, however, after removing the warp conduits black void circles are there with an odd green arrow 'in there' and I have no clue on how to remove them. I'm pretty much just starting out with the editor and nothing I have googled yielded results. http://imgur.com/a/Hcn76 I'm in need of major help. And to be quite frank, none of the tuts I have come across are anyway helpful... It just seems like they don't know anything either and I'd like something in the way of major in-depth tuts.MagicMan2 Jan 2
Jan 2 How to make mod packs? Hello, thanks for taking your time on reading this post. I wanted to know if there's is any sort of way to combine multiple mods? In this example I want to combine Zombie FX and SC2 remastered, I just haven't seen any form of doing so. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!Ultimatekill0 Jan 2
Dec 31 please fix the kick feature When you kick a player from your lobby, they automatically rejoin, thus making the kick feature effectively useless. This allows players to continue to cause trouble even after they have been kicked for repeatedly sending invites to uninterested players at disruptive rate for the purpose of stalling the lobby. I posted this in the bug report forum, but now I think its more of an oversight then a bug. However, I'm unsure if anyone will even read it here.somenoob0 Dec 31
Dec 27 Dear BLIZZARD... ...why was it so necessary to hide all icons of achievements from the community? Very soulful. I wish us all these icons... under the Christmas (galaxy editor) tree. Happy new year!Boozoovoozoo0 Dec 27
Dec 21 Need help on rotate/flip bug Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to the editor and I'm trying to make my first map currently. I've encountered an issue that whenever I rotate/flip the copy pasted terrain, there are black squares on the ramps, and only on the ramps. You can see them in the image here. http://imgur.com/a/SYnRW However reapplying the ramp fix the black holes. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?VergiL1 Dec 21
Dec 20 Flashlight Unit So I am trying to use the Jim Raynor (Lab) model but I do not want to use the light the is projected directly in front of the unit, is there a way I can disable the light.NathanB0 Dec 20
Dec 19 Creating a Building out of several doodads Hi there, I made some kind of military yard out of doodads and would like to build it as addon to a barack for example. I found out how to make a building out of a single doodad but not with a yard made of more than one doodad. I think the first step would be to make this yard an actor.. but how do I do that? Any ideas?Kandi0 Dec 19
Dec 18 Allied commanders bug hello, after putting allied commander's dependencies in my map, i've noticed that the chat bar has moved to the bottom left of my screen and i have this error message "UI_error" something like that. anyone knows how to fix that? (i don't want to remove allied commanders if possible) thanks in advanceGaldios1 Dec 18
Dec 18 3D Models Where are the 3d models for the SC2 units? I looked through the files and online, but I can't find them.Fenix1 Dec 18
Dec 18 Star Tools? So they released Star Tools some time ago: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/10788362/starcraft-ii-art-tools-open-beta-8-30-2013 They say they only work for 3DS Max 2011. Is that true? Because as far as I can tell there is no way to download or install the 2011 version. Are there newer versions of the art tools somewhere? Or is it possible to get the tools working for newer versions? I tried with the 2014 version but have been unsuccessful.TheSkunk7 Dec 18
Dec 17 Archon Mode How do you program Archon Mode into a map? It would be really fun to do a custom Archon game but I can't do it.Fenix0 Dec 17
Dec 17 Map isn't posting publicly Opened new map and uploaded it and it showed up publicly... so it's an issue with my current map so I ruled that out. Saved map under new name as to not overwrite it. Uploaded map under a new name. I deleted all triggers, reset all data to defaults and deleted anything that was added, removed all imported files, reset battle.net info tabs, reset all map info tabs, removed pathing regions and units and set terrain to 1 single color, tried messing with dependencies, tried messing with locales... nothing solved it... only thing left that I could think of are points and the 1 camera, but I had that on other maps before with no issue... I'm out of ideas. Map is showing under My Published on all servers. Map only shows up in browse and is playable by others under Asia server.DaKy1 Dec 17
Dec 16 Looking for a Melee Map I am looking for a melee map to edit for a map I am making. For those curious, it is essentially LotV God's Land with some added functionalities, most of which I am stealing from cortex. All I need is a melee map, since I am awful at terraining. I also don't want to hear balance complaints when I publish it. Ideally it would be thematically neutral, that is to say that all races look natural on the map. Specifically terran stations and most maps with manmade cliffs are not preffered. As well, larger maps are better than smaller ones. Things with a central Xel Naga tower or something similar would be a nice so I can put in a sacrifice altar or something of the sort. Thanks in advance for the help! (P.S. I am aware there is currently a published LotV version of God's Land available, however I vehemently dislike it and would like to add a few roleplaying capabilities.)Praetor0 Dec 16
Dec 16 alliedcommander.sc2mod Error I've included alliedcommander.sc2mod as a dependency in my map, so that I have access to units like Stukov's infested, but when I run the map, I get an error I don't understand, even if I have no custom triggers running at all. The error looks like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwir5V4Ifx5dUUVrLXRZRUN5anc/view?usp=sharing Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?Goober0 Dec 16