Editor Discussion

Oct 5, 2016 Forgot a dependency I'm making a mod now, have done a few days. Today I just realized I forgot to add co-op dependency which will be helpful. Can I add it on the existing mod? Or should I start over again.MonkeyKing1 Oct 5, 2016
Sep 30, 2016 Copy Terrain from one Map to Another hello, having 2 people work on the same map is so annoying currently. The editor merge feature is not able to merge anything. it's so limited that even considering the use of it is a waste of time. My terrainer worked on the terrain whereas i was working on data/triggers. Can anybody tell me which parts of a map (if saved as components) need to be copied in order to copy the terrain ( i tried all t3... + objects + 3x cell files)FunkyUserNam2 Sep 30, 2016
Sep 29, 2016 Warp two things at once (Supplicant related) Has anyone had any luck duplicating this ability and porting it to another mod? I spent 4 hours just trying to get it to work, copying the XML over, looking for any unknowns in case I miss any, found the hidden actors that start with OpS[something] that related to the placement preview...and all I can get is warp placement working, a 0.1s start of the warp and then it refunds 150minerals. it plays the sound. but somehow the two units do not spawn.FreezingRain2 Sep 29, 2016
Sep 28, 2016 disable simplified command panel on a unit Hello, i have the exact same question as in this post, plz help ! http://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/13816231554?page=1MrRemy4 Sep 28, 2016
Sep 28, 2016 Looking for map editor team. I'm looking to create a awesome game with few skilled map makers I don't have the know how of making one however I have some really awesome idea's that would be top 10 list of games easily. If anyone is interested in working with me please message here and my email is masterxexe1@yahoo.com Thanks.Masterxexe0 Sep 28, 2016
Sep 28, 2016 Allied Commanders mod bugged / incomplete? Hey all, I know that Co-op Missions are popular, but some of us would like to use these unique Commanders / factions in multiplayer even though we understand that they aren't balanced for player-versus-player. I'm trying to use the Allied Commanders extension mod to bring the commanders / unique factions of StarCraft II to standard player-versus-player maps. While I've gotten reasonably far in setting up Alarak and Artanis, I've noticed that some abilities and research seem to be completely broken or absent from the mod. Some research, such as the "Phasing Armor" for Slayers, will appear in the "Death Council" properly as research; however, the "Phasing Armor" ability does not appear in the Slayer's command card in-game (it's supposed to be there even when it's greyed out and you haven't yet researched the ability) and still doesn't appear after being researched. Furthermore; for example, the "Dark Protoss" upgrade that makes all of your Protoss entities adopt the Tal'darim colour and design scheme is not affecting the "Templar Archives / Ascendant Archives", the "Twilight Council / Death Council", or the transformation from the "Gateway" to the "Warp Gate" and back. These aforementioned building merely retain their standard Protoss design and I have no idea how to fix them. This is why I wish Blizzard would just release an official extension mod to let us use our purchased / available Commanders on standard multiplayer maps. We have Archon mode, so why not give us Commander mode? We have so many awesome factions within the three playable races, yet we only get a taste of playing as them in a single-player campaign or a cooperative campaign spin off mode. Furthermore, why would you even allow us to load up the Allied Commanders extension mod in the editor with most of the data being unlinked / broken? It doesn't help that the "Galaxy Editor" is far from being an efficient tool to use.Deathborn2 Sep 28, 2016
Sep 27, 2016 (Editor) Launch Missile Effect Issues So, since patch 3.0.0 (LotV release) "Transfer Behavior" via launch missile effect doesn't appear to work. Setting that flag "On" makes it so launch basicaly doesn't happen at all. It was working in Swarm however. Return Movers of Launch Missile effect behaves odd. If the caster is on move while missile is returning the speed of missile gets decreased drasticaly without any reason (the Return Mover set to default guidance type with a constant speed) Launch Missile effect producing some error messages when used on target point more in these topics: https://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/data/129650-missile-impact-error/#p10. https://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/data/85923-missile-target-below-ground/CoolStories0 Sep 27, 2016
Sep 26, 2016 Selection, Translate, Delete Issue Currently, I am able to place units, doodads, points, and regions. While in selection mode, I am unable to select any of these objects to translate or delete them. Units Example After placing a unit, I am unable to select it in the view-port. When I select it using the UI Panel, the only available options are: "View Location" "Show In Editor" and "Modify Groups..." Regions Example After creating a region, I am not able to translate or scale them. I cannot modify their properties to create additive/subtract parts. The only available options here are: "View Location" and "Show In Editor" Any amount of help would be greatly appreciated. I have multiple maps currently being worked on and am unable to do anymore development due to this issue.CaptureKarma2 Sep 26, 2016
Sep 26, 2016 Unit Selection Problem I have a very simple, very annoying, problem with one map I've been working on. I have 2 units in question: 1. Worker unit 2. Wall (structure) Whenever I click and drag to select units, and both units are in the select area, I end up selecting the Walls, but not the Worker. I would like it to do the opposite (select the Worker, but not the Walls). I have no idea why this would be, as in all other cases a click-and-drag will select units in preference over structures. If anyone has an Idea as to what might be causing this, I would greatly appreciate your help.EatsHumans2 Sep 26, 2016
Sep 25, 2016 Judging if a map is IMBA by observation I recently started creating StarCraft II maps for fun after making Warcraft III maps for fun but realizing that Warcraft is outdated. My problem is judging what features on a 1v1 melee map are balanced or unbalanced. What I am asking is are: 4 outside paths to the third base Multiple "holes" in the map etc.unbalanced? And if they are, towards what race?Giwl1 Sep 25, 2016
Sep 25, 2016 Making multiple units behave as one? For example, if I wanted to have 20 Footmen move/attack in unison and in formation, similar to a unit in Total War, would that be possible?martyback7 Sep 25, 2016
Sep 23, 2016 How do zoom in and out without a mouse wheel? My scroll broke a few days ago, but I still want to make some maps in SC2 Editor and not being able to zoom is starting to annoy me.Giwl4 Sep 23, 2016
Sep 22, 2016 How to change layout interface of a race? you make a 4th race, lets call it orcs and it was coped from protoss. How do you change the ui lauout to that of warcraft?FreezingRain3 Sep 22, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 Impact Terrain Squib Map I found this section in the Action actor, I want to change the impact explosion depending on the terrain it lands on (water splash or dirt explosion) The problem is, the "Terrain Material" option in this map doesn't seem to be editable at all, it doesn't appear when I double click it. I can change all the other options except that. Anyone know how to fix this or how it works?Echo0 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 21, 2016 Soundtrack Stutter Hello, I've recently imported an .ogg sound file to my map, but when at battle with enemies it either stutters or shuts off until the fighting stops. Is there a way to fix this or what appears to be the problem?DeathBringer0 Sep 21, 2016
Sep 20, 2016 archon model scale Hey all, anyone run into this, I have almost finished my first map. Everything is scaled slightly and working great, except for the archon. I duplicated the archon (its actor and model, and model death. When scaling units I just do art scale min and max. That worked with every unit so far, except archon. I tried art radius as well, but the archon just wont get smaller. Hes bein stubborn.Zergkilla3 Sep 20, 2016
Sep 20, 2016 How to add Splash Damge without 2x on target If you add the area with the intent to do splash damage the target will have 2x the damage on the targeted unit while all nearby units have the desired damage. The fix to this is to under "exclude" (which text may be greyed out) is to add the thing and set value to target.FreezingRain1 Sep 20, 2016
Sep 17, 2016 Map info new problems Hi, This post is more about the ingame "Map info" panel than the Editor itself. -Since a recent patch, all texts displayed as bullets in "How to play" and "Patch notes" tabs are polluted by "<ul indent="2" text="*"><li>text</li></ul>" text. -Since a recent patch, the screenshots in "How to play" tab can't be zoomed, and then it's very hard to see on what the creator wanted to make people focus at. (what's very strange for a "How to play" tab...) Thank you. Danicela PS : I'm french so some texts labels may be inaccurate.Danicela0 Sep 17, 2016
Sep 16, 2016 Blizzard Warcraft 3 Data Mod Bug I'd say the vast majority of the time when i try to open my map, it does not matter what war3 data mod version i am using (dependent on) , over 90% of the time it always fails to load. Its very annoying having to continuously try 10 times or more to open my map. What is the issue blizzard? Why doesn't it always load properly?Incinerate6 Sep 16, 2016
Sep 14, 2016 Help! Summoning spell Data Editor Hey guys, Trying to create a spell that summons skeletons (similar to but slightly different than the Necromancer skill from WC3). I have it set up as an instant skill connected to my caster, so the skeleton(s) should be summoned at him, and they are. My problem occurs when I press the summon button. The summon count in the data editor is set to summon 2 skeletons but it seems to summon however many it wants within a radius around him (seems to be maximum range that is set for the ability on the data editor). If anyone could make some suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks!Pinxx4 Sep 14, 2016
Sep 14, 2016 STOP UNDOCUMENTED CHANGES PLEASE TLDR: Please consider expanding your patch notes in the future about changes regarding the replay api or the assets if at all possible. Thank you. Dear Blizzard Team, as one of the leading mappers for our beloved Arcade I must tell you that your recent patches (basically since LOTV launch) have all been hell to deal with. They -ALWAYS- change the replay API which causes all custom maps which use the replay api (like Crap Patrol 2/CP2 Official) to malfunction for a couple days. You change or replace models and sounds AT RANDOM to make whole abilities and units disfunctional or wierd looking. If there is only one field you forgot to duplicate and set properly, your whole map might be busted. Worst of all: NOTHING OF THIS IS IN THE CHANGELOG! You write about every miniscule detail of every meaningless sh!t in every other game, but the SC2 patch notes regarding the editor are a joke. I know there is no official editor support and yada yada yada, but couldn't you at least try and make a small mention at the end of the patch notes that one of your brainless interns randomly fiddled with some of your assets please? I know this wasn't the nicest of tones, but it is increasingly frustrating to work with a community and the live arcade servers. I love my playerbase and they love my maps and I'd like to keep it that way by providing features, support and patchnotes your dev team can only dream about (which is kinda ironic).BlacKcuD1 Sep 14, 2016
Sep 13, 2016 [UI] Add Desc w/ same name as existing child While editing Heroes of the Storm's UI (build 20.0.46158), I ran into this potential bug/problem: SC2 Editor's error message: ... UI xml (editing Heroes of the Storm's UI): Line 1234's changes are not executed. ... I am attempting to edit the properties of a frame that was created in another template. But the engine/parser somehow wants to create a new frame instead of editing the already created frame, it seems. GreyThePirate recently encountered the identical problem in StarCraft II.Ahli1 Sep 13, 2016
Sep 13, 2016 Looking to Hire I'm in need of somebody that knows how to work on the galaxy editor for a custom campaign (https://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/starcraft-2-redux-hots-mission-1/) I need someone who can do starcraft 1 style briefing scenes and program triggers. Maps are ready. I have plans for 3 campaigns (12 missions each) and can pay currently $25 per mission,plus an extra $100 when complete, but I am willing to negotiate. e-mail me you're interested and we can discuss what I need done. juliosousa66@aol.com $1000 for 36 missionsScuro0 Sep 13, 2016
Sep 11, 2016 Editor book? I was searching online and can't find a sc mapeditor book to help teach you the software. There was one book on amazon, but it's been taking off. Are we not allow to create a guide book and sale it due to copyright information? I must know.MOTHBALLS7 Sep 11, 2016
Sep 9, 2016 Attack lines when right-clicking I recently returned to SC2 and noticed that if I right clic on an enemy unit, the sound played is the Yes sound, instead of the Attack sound as in Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm. Only if I attack move on a unit will I hear the Attack sounds. Is it a bug? Does anyone have a clue on how to revert this in the editor? I assumed there was some sort of switch in the Attack command, but couldn't find it.Telenil0 Sep 9, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Primal Ultralisk Idle Sound Removal Basically as the title implies, I wish to remove the kind of boar-pig idle sound the Primal Ultralisk has. I've checked the sound part of it, but couldn't find it anywhere. All assistance regarding this would be greatly appreciated! If I'm unclear, (which honestly I suck at explaining things) then you can easily start up a new map, place down the Primal Ultralisk unit, and listen. It repeats it's idle sound quite a lot. I probably wouldn't mind it if it didn't repeat it's idle sound so frequently. So if you know how to slow it down, I wouldn't mind knowing that too for the future!Dymetreus1 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 6, 2016 Poker Defense! Hi, i was curious if there is a way we can actually edit a map that is not available to the public, since the makers have stopped working on it. For example POKER DEFENSE, there is still a large number of players that play it but no way to edit...any help would be appreciated.DarkLord1 Sep 6, 2016
Sep 5, 2016 Attack wave Waypoint delays. I've been trying to make a BvB tug of war segment between computers inspired by WoL's Breakout mission. One thing I've noticed is that, when playing that mission, there was no delay between attack waves, but every time I try and do this on my map, the units get stuck, like, they must gather and wait a bit at the waypoint before moving forward. How do I fix that delay, removing or at least shortening it?GaiusOctavia1 Sep 5, 2016
Sep 5, 2016 Star Battle X Ok this is going to get lost in all of the above and what's to come, so this will be step one. Problem: Arcade Game > Star battle X! Voids and there abilities. Now how do you destroy a ship you can't catch and can't see? They're blink will allow them to distance themselves out of combat from any ship. They're cloak will make them impossible to see or fire at for all but one ship. Income (earned) will force that one ship "BC" to spend all or more income then they can afford on scan, scan upgrade (regeneration), and "Lockdown" Without that one ship (BC) all ships have (NO) way of destroying a void. I have played well over a thousand games. To even the score board voids must loose the cloak ability. Now if compelled to put something in their pocket for "equality" purposes (which isn't necessary) add extra shield. Any other add on may very well put the void back to an advantage over every ship. Thank you for reading - ArgyleArgyle0 Sep 5, 2016
Aug 31, 2016 Atrosis Pylons! I really want to make an Artosis Pylon unit! Of course, I have no idea how to make this happen. For those who don't know, an Artosis Pylon is lone Pylon powering all surrounding structures. What I would like to do is have a Pylon named an Artosis Pylon IF it is the only Pylon powering all surrounding structures otherwise if there are two or more Pylons powering surrounding structures they would just be called a Pylon. Is this even possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.WIZZARD2 Aug 31, 2016
Aug 28, 2016 @Blizz: Release Co-op Maps / Triggers? There currently seems to be no way to access the Co-op Mission maps or view the triggers used to set up commanders for the Co-op Mission mode. I want to use the commanders, as they are in Co-op Missions, in standard (well, custom) multiplayer games. I'm well aware they're not balanced for PvP, but they would be awesome to use with friends and whatnot. The "Allied Commanders" extension mod, while containing all of the unit, ability and research data and so on, seems to contain useless commander selection and commander level values that don't do anything. Via triggers, if I set my commander to the predefined value "Artanis" and set my level to 15, absolutely nothing happens when I run the extension mod ~ there are no changes. When creating a custom extension mod using the Allied Commanders dependency, is there no way to setup the commanders without having to do absolutely everything from scratch (for example, create some sort of in-game dialog with commander names and then adjust units, building, abilities and research based on a player's selection [which is what I'm doing for now until I find an alternative solution])? A somewhat official commanders extension mod or the release of the commander setup triggers would be great, considering that the Allied Commanders extension mod is a massive unorganized and unfinished mess without having access to whatever setup Blizzard uses to get them going nicely in the Co-op Missions mode.Deathborn0 Aug 28, 2016
Aug 28, 2016 Maps gone? All my maps I have been working on just are not there anymore?Zergkilla2 Aug 28, 2016
Aug 28, 2016 How to make a Micro Bot I would like to make a micro bot for SC2 as a sort of fun project. Something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXUOWXidcY0 Does anyone know how that was created? Was it just the Galaxy Editor that they used? How was the code to control the marines injected?Titan2 Aug 28, 2016
Aug 28, 2016 Map Creating = Programmer experience? Hello, I just started college to take the journey into software development and programming. I wanted to ask will making SC2 maps improve my skills on being a programmer, or is it something totally different that doesn't apply to programming?Mystical4 Aug 28, 2016
Aug 23, 2016 Default Upgrade Levels I searched the forums and actually saw multiple posts about this very topic, but trying to view any of them led to a 404 error for no apparent reason, so I apologize for creating a new thread about old hat. I'm creating a map that depends upon upgrades being given to the enemies in certain areas to make it a little harder as you progress, but I'm having a hard time finding out how to set a unit to a region and set it's upgrade level at map initialization. I also have a ton of other miscellaneous questions, if there are any pro editors that have the time to let me pick their brain. Custom AI experts would be especially useful to my endeavor. Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.BigDonRob13 Aug 23, 2016
Aug 19, 2016 Unit has to many abilities error Hey all, I didn't think it was possible, but I managed it lol. I have a terran carrier unit that has multiple docking bay sub menus. So the wraith docking bay button in the command card will open a submenu with 12 wraith docking bay abilities that can be on auto cast with cooldowns. These abilities trigger triggers that spawn wraiths when used. Everything is working great, but I am getting starport (the modded unit) has to many abilities error. I am not even close to done modding it, but if everything works can I ignore the error, or am I asking to much of this unit?Zergkilla5 Aug 19, 2016
Aug 19, 2016 [Help] Auto-cast Hi How can I make a capacity auto-cast ? Thanks.Azoth1 Aug 19, 2016
Aug 18, 2016 Command card Hey All, I'm having a couple issues with the command card that I could use some help with. Mabey some of you have dealt with this. 1st, is there a way to manipulate the way the command card works. I would like to have sub menus stay up when auto cast is initiated on an ability, rather then have it go back to command card 1 every time. 2nd, I have built a custom unit who is a builder, caster, and combatant. Its run with custom auto cast ability triggers. Everything is working properly, except whenever an auto cast ability triggers it interrupts build, and attack/move commands. Move command is uninterrupted though. I tried to find the difference between them but I am stumped. I have a work around for attack/move. I had to take away the attack button from the command card and give the unit a modified phoenix ion cannon, it works, but its sloppy. I would love a better solution. The building a structure while auto casting other abilities is just beyond me.Zergkilla2 Aug 18, 2016
Aug 16, 2016 Suggestion for Trigger Editor I sometimes do coding for fun, and I notice a big difference in the coding language and the SC Trigger Editor. In coding we can surround text with "/*" and "*/" to have the program ignore the text in between these two pieces. That way, we can see how the program acts without the surrounded segment involved. I was wondering if they could do something like this in the Editor as well. It's very similar to coding. I use Java, and I don't know if this sort of thing exists in other languages, or if StarCraft isn't written in Java. Just a suggestion if it's possible.RandomRaider2 Aug 16, 2016
Aug 16, 2016 how do i upload my mod ? so I been creating a mod that modify the pylon it allow you to calling a tac nuke and orbital strike however after i upload my mod i cant find it in my publish section if anyone know how to solve this problem. plz helpjack0 Aug 16, 2016
Aug 16, 2016 How to open several editors ? Hello, I had read someone on sc2mapster saying that it is possible now to open several editors, but I can't find back the post. So if someone knows...Oltreys9 Aug 16, 2016
Aug 15, 2016 Broodwar Economics I have a Broodwar mod that is very satisfying for me, but I would like to fix the economic mechanics. There are only two problems that I am facing: 1. I want to have 5000 units of vespene per geyser and set a ground rule where you can only use one geyser per base. I set the vespene behavior to have 5000 units of gas, but in the game, the geysers always have 2000. This is not an issue with minerals. 2. Keeping cash spent in the mod is incredibly difficult. I've only ran into one game in this mod (out of who knows how many I've played) which I ran into not having enough cash to train a unit mid or late game. I believe the reason is that it takes a worker longer to harvest a resource in BW compared to sc2. Because of this, I would like to change the time it takes a worker to harvest a resource. Any help? Thank you for reading this and if you leave a reply, another thank you.RandomRaider4 Aug 15, 2016
Aug 13, 2016 Stukov and Dehaka Buttons I have a mod that I'm working on using the "Void Story (Campaign)" dependency. I've added quite a few hero units to various factions I've made. The Stukov and Dehaka Buttons are not showing up in the Hatchery. They show up in the Lair and Hive though. I've checked all of my card info, buttons and requirements but can't figure out what the issue is. Every other hero I've added works fine. What could be causing my issue? Would anyone like to help me check?Deathborn3 Aug 13, 2016
Aug 11, 2016 Battlecruiser multiweapon Hello how do i make battlecruiser shoot multiple enemies at once, and if possible while moving?Tommy4 Aug 11, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Modifying units help. Q: How do I make it so say the battlecruiser can move while attacking(not having to stop to attack) - I have tried to set the "allowed movement" for the weapon to yes, and "Acquire prioritization/target sorts" to angle and (TSRandom):0:0, among other things. But nothings worked for me, and I have been unable to find any assistance or other posts about this matter. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q: How do you make it so 1 unit with multiple weapons and turrets can attack multiple targets at once.Drecka1 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 10, 2016 Editor crashes when dealing with models For the past week the Editor has suddenly crashed and just closed instantly upon selecting a model in the import menu, the actors tab, the models tab of the data and pretty much anything that opens the model viewer, including the cutscene editor. I have not found a fix so far, and I have only see one topic relating to this, however it was outdated.Alien3 Aug 10, 2016
Aug 9, 2016 Map Editor is bugged. i already made some maps and i know how to setup the editor. i just started to work on a new map and i made the map with a rotation symmetry and i noticed that actions i made on one part of the map didn't happen on the other parts as well. for example i placed some CC's and rax' as placeholder (to check if the bases are big enough,...) i deleted them later but they didnt disappear on the other parts of the map. the same error pattern happened with other actions like placing ramps or forming the terrain. sorry for bad english i hope you can understand what i'm talking about.JudgeP5 Aug 9, 2016
Aug 9, 2016 Any way to open/edit Co Op maps? Curiosity.CrystalDazz0 Aug 9, 2016
Aug 8, 2016 Attacking while using an ability I have a missile turret that I want to heal units, but I also want it to attack. How do I allow it to attack while healing units?Youlikeme6 Aug 8, 2016
Aug 8, 2016 Dark Archon Merge Hey all, I am trying to make Dark Archon Merge work in the editor. I added the dark archon merge ability to the DT, and a button with ability command dark archon merge. When I test the map and press the merge button the 2 dts turn, look at each other, and are like nah we want to be dts? Any idea what I'm missing?Zergkilla4 Aug 8, 2016