Editor Discussion

Feb 27 Remove Rally to Minerals Hello, I have been trying to remove/restrict the rally point being set on the minerals from the Command Center, Hatchery and Nexus. I've tinkered with both the Rally Ability, and each Rally Building Ability. For some reason, the rally can still be set on Minerals, even if there is no rally set to do so. Anyone know how to solve this problem? I can send file If asked.NostrA12 Feb 27
Feb 26 Replacing unit. I want to replace Cyclone with Vulture(+ speed grade in techlab),but using campaign assests adds way too much things that i dont need. So how to do it?HellGoesON4 Feb 26
Feb 26 MOBA custom map with editor Is it ok to make a moba custom map with the editor? I have some good ideas for each unique hero, and role.xYuushax1 Feb 26
Feb 26 [Effect - Launch Missile] Retarget Fields Just wondering if anyone has had any success using the Retarget feature found under the Effect - Launch Missile fields. ... I have been experimenting with it for a while and have only been able to get weapons working with these fields. Setting up abilities (Targeted or otherwise) with retargeting doesn't seem to yield any results. I would just like to know if anyone's had luck with this using abilities or if I'm out of luck :(Prometheum1 Feb 26
Feb 26 "(Space)" Units Hello again, I wanted to use all the units from the HoTs mission where you controlled the Hyperion, labelled with the prefix "(Space) -". The only problem is that these units don't behave like air units like I want them too, I've tried changing their plane to air, making them not collide with ground units/structures, and increasing the height field drastically. Still though they either fly around at a good height but collide with structures or slide around on the ground passing through structures but still being unable to go over cliffs and such. Has anyone found a good way to make these units work like normal air units?pzkwIV2 Feb 26
Feb 26 Charge Training Cooldowns Hi, I'm working on a very big extension mod where players get heros and units to go along with them (kind of like co-op but not really). For players using Raynor, I designed a custom building which lets them drop small squads of units to reinforce allies similar to how Nova works in co-op. I have the building working, it can drop down squads and it stores charges for the drops like it should, however when a player uses up a charge to train, say, a squad of marines, it also uses up a charge for all the other options too. How can I make it so that the charges are per ability not for the entire building? Like how Stukov and Nova's charge based training or even like the merc compound function. Also keep in mind that since this is an extension mod, I can't edit triggerspzkwIV3 Feb 26
Feb 25 How to change the creep? Which actor is responsible for the visual design and configuration of the creep?ProbeFotoner3 Feb 25
Feb 25 "Send Actor Msg To Game Region With Filters" Hello guys. I've been playing with SC2 editor recently. Now I'd like to do a model swap to all the actors on screen that match certain conditions. So I found this function "Send Actor Msg To Game Region With FIlters". But I don't know what the parameter "Terms" is like (the comment only say it should be semicolon delimited string... I tried to print the actors' debug info. It gave stuff like Model XXX ... So I use "Model xxx" but unfortunately the game complains that "cannot parse actor terms [Model xxx]" Where can i find any information about what the actor "Terms" are? ThxSnowShadow1 Feb 25
Feb 25 Location Compare Cliff Level Validator So I have a map where all the water is on cliff level 1. All of the ground is cliff level 2. There are no ramps in between the two levels. In the water I have ships that use ground movers and collision. I am trying to keep units from being unloaded in the water. I have created a Location Compare Cliff Level Validator with following values: Target Location: (None):Target Point: Unknown Validator Compare: Greater Than Or Equal To Validator Value : 2 I then assigned this validator as the Hercules Transport Ability: Unload Validator. I excepted this to keep the unload ability from being used over the water (cliff level 1) However this validator just gives me a red invalid symbol and says Can't unload units here no matter where I click (in water or ground). Any help would be appreciated. Thank youEorl2 Feb 25
Feb 25 how to bring back old cyclones and tankivacs so I wanted to make a game with the old cyclones and the tankivac ability back anyway I can do that? if so how?Pirateskullz3 Feb 25
Feb 25 How many animations for a new unit? I'm getting started learning several key skills in 3d modeling and animation. I figured a fun way to do this would be to import a unit into SC2. I've seen a few tutorials, I've read (very little) and I got a model that I wanna play around with. I have software from school (3ds max) and have downloaded the SC2 Art Tools (should I even be using these ?) Before I even touch the editor, I figured I should probably learn about bones and animation, which is what I'm currently working on. I don't wanna jump into the editor all excited only to realize I didn't make enough basic animations for the unit to be properly testable. Are there any guides that lay out EXACTLY what the minimum animations are (stand, attack, etc?) And while I'm at it, what do you guys think the best guides for making units/animations are? Thanks guys :)BuZegga2 Feb 25
Feb 25 Need Looping Portraits for Briefing Scene Looking for someone that can create looping character portraits for Briefing Scene. Paid work of course. https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/starcraft-2-redux https://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/resources/tutorials/179604-talking-portrait-animationsScuro0 Feb 25
Feb 24 HOW TO MAKE A MOD AND PLAY IT WITH FRIENDS? I want to change the number of starting minerals and workers for all 3 races,save that as an extension mod and play it with friends in custom game,is there any way I could do that?Maddog1 Feb 24
Feb 24 Allied Commanders -- Cheese Limiter I've seen a number of threads on the subject of using Coop Commanders in a PvP setting. I'm about 30% finished with a mod that will allow us to do that (which means I'm 90% through the learning curve on how these commanders actually work). What I want help with, currently, is what I call the "Cheese Limiter": that is, a set of alterations to the individual commanders, such that they will become something close to balanced. Needless to say, this is a big project, and I'd like as many outside opinions as possible. Thanks in advance.EatsHumans7 Feb 24
Feb 24 BLOAT Need a delete feature in-game for Arcade maps that do not appeal to interest, or are no longer supported/compatible with current SC2 client. Drive space is precious.Viv0 Feb 24
Feb 24 Unable to Load Default Game Data Editor Crash At any point where I attempt to open the editor, whether from the desktop or from within battle.net, it will give me the following error: "Unable to load default game data. Streaming download incomplete for required dependencies." I am then forced to leave the editor. I have tried scanning the game and repairing it, to no avail, and would appreciate any suggestions.Wilrond1 Feb 24
Feb 24 No mods folder for editor I'm trying to add a dependency to my Starcraft 2 editor, and watched and read several tutorials to figure out how to. I have the folder that I want to add but I see no Mods folder that I have to put it in, that all the guides said there was. Any clue what the problem is?Arrongolly0 Feb 24
Feb 24 Symmetry and Copy Paste Terrain Nevermind, figured it out.octomologyst0 Feb 24
Feb 22 [BUG] MAP EDITOR ! 1. Now this has happened to me already of more time I could suddenly work on no more units because as soon as z. b the names would like to change the "OK" badge remains grey and one cannot simply confirm the change. Therefore this is do not work on any more possibly, the only solution I have found one is bake up to load. 2. I have made to myself a revival trigger with a text Message in it that, however, becomes instead of 1-paint it becomes do not 2 or 3-paint indicated what is right. Have also no notion like I should solve this problem. 3. I have also provided a hero inventory and wanted one with a Hotkey can open. Has put hotkey on "y" and then tested, however, stood there "Zifferblock1" there I could make with the Hotkey, otherwise, what it simply did not go. 4. Items from the inventory pair of Hotkey also do not use functioned. Does a tip have somebody like me with the text Message does without they 2-or 3-paint is indicated? 5. I call sometimes the trigger bug, It can appear sometimes then a trigger a matching dress verbugt is and also not more functioned. I make sometimes an example this: There are 5 bolts and the trigger it regulates how many towers with the help of the players should be. With 3 players = 3 towers If the trigger verbugt does not go completely any more and extinguish and anew do not make functioned. The only solution I has at the moment one is bake Up to load because one gets the not more corrected. 6. I am since longer in my map in it the soon sometimes hochzuladen. However, anyhow there is in the editor a mistake I always releases. Namely I have provided approx. 60 units and thus around 166 triggers. And the map also functions in such a way, but only under condition I make no more changes. As soon as I a change make all the same what z. b unity can change or anew provide item one throw away the map because then one cannot open any more in the editor no matter whether with double click or from the open editor and as soon as one testing presses the play completely hangs itself in the Ladebildschrim. There was this mistake already before the last patch, however, now you have still strengthened then. Blizzard please Checking it and repairs the mistake I can make in my map simply nothing more.Saladir0 Feb 22
Feb 21 Editor Crash anytime I view model editor Starcraft 2 Galaxy Editor crashes anytime I pull up a model file in editor. Action: Open Data Editor, Units or Model, Click on a Model, Details View (Table view won't crash it) See model for 1 second aaaaand crash. Happens every time without fail. I don't know what I did to cause this. It's not just on one map. If I create a new default map it still happens. One of the UI tabs pulls up model viewer which crashes me also. Catches me off guard sometimes.GreyHunter8 Feb 21
Feb 20 Arcade map is not searchable. For the last 15 months I have worked on a mod called Risk: World War 1 (there is also a previous version called WW1: Apocalypse Europe 2). I released the map a year ago, and have been patching and updating it regularly ever since. A couple months ago I received an email from Blizzard saying my map had been removed for offensive content. I tried emailing back to ask what the issue was so I could correct it but got no response. Fortunately, I discovered that it was the EU server that my map had been removed from, so I was not too concerned. Since then however, my account seems to be flagged in some way that messes with my ability to publish maps on any server. I can still publish, but after publishing or updating a map, there is a several week period where my map is unsearchable from the regular arcade interface. I can find it by looking under the "my published maps" filter, and other players can find it by looking under "recently played maps", but that only works if they have played the game already. If I only updated my map occasionally this would not be a big problem, but I update my map several times a week, and each time it resets the timer until the map is searchable. So as long as I keep updating the map will never be searchable. When I have contacted customer support about this they said they have no way of looking into this and that I should post here instead. If there is something offensive about my map I would certainly fix it, but I can't imagine what it would be. The map is themed around WW1, but there are plenty of other WW1 and WW2 themed mods. It is possible that at the time of reading this, my map will be searchable again, but that is because I have stopped publishing for the time being. Is there anything that can be done so that I can publish my maps normally again? Thank you.SneakySnake1 Feb 20
Feb 16 Transmission portrait missing I'm having another new problem with transmissions in the Co-op map creation process. I've made a custom announcer with her own voice clips, but I can't ever get her portrait to appear when she speaks, even though I've set up a default portrait model in the Conversation data, specified the model in each of the Sound data clips and added relevant entries to the "Mission Transmission" User Types data entry. Existing transmissions work correctly. Has anyone else run into this problem, and what's the solution to it? Note that I'm using the "Send Mission Transmission" and "Send Split Mission Transmission" routines from the Allied Commanders dependency. I apologise in advance if I'm missing something painfully obvious.Kit3 Feb 16
Feb 14 Models For Specific Players So, I want a player to have a specific model for their robotics facility (the standard one) and another player to have a robotics facility (Tal'Darim one) but if I change the model, it changes it for all players. How can I fix this?Teho1 Feb 14
Feb 13 Co-op Transmissions Hi everyone. So I'm adding a custom announcer in my Co-op mission, but due to who they are, having a rapport with one of the commanders, they need a different set of lines for when talking to that particular commander, like how Ji'nara has different dialogue with Alarak on "Chain of Ascension". How is this done? I've tried to duplicate the style of conversations that Ji'nara has in the data editor, but it ends up with both lines playing for that transmission, one after the other, if that particular commander is in the game.Kit3 Feb 13
Feb 8 Camera Distance Zoom Out Further Hey I'm looking to set the Default Camera to zoom out further so players can see more of the map. I found Default Camera in the Data Editor, but am unsure which settings will keep the camera zoomed out further than normal.Growin2 Feb 8
Feb 8 [Help] Upgrading CUnit_CargoSize Size Hey guys, how do you create an upgrade that modifies a unit's CUnit_CargoSize? For example, if I want a Siege Tank upgrade to make Siege-Mode-Tanks able to be picked up by Medivacs?BaconHero5 Feb 8
Feb 7 Edit my published map? I have custom map i created, i dont think its on my hard drive anymore, im not sure since im still re installing SC2. Am i able to edit the "published map" from battle.net if i cant find the original version ?Riken1 Feb 7
Feb 7 Issue Order Effect - Unload Target Unit? How would I do this from the Data Editor, via an Issue Order Effect, rather than a trigger? This bug report thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/10014151673 Mentions a trigger function called OrderSetTargetPassenger(), which suggests I need to set a separate "Target Passenger" value somehow? Currently I have currently: When the Unit enters the Transport: Ability: Load Cargo Behavior => Behavior: Initial Effect => Create Persistent Effect => Period Count - 1 Period Duration - 2 Location - Caster Unit Set Effect => Target Location Type - Unit Search Area Effect => Arc - 360 Radius - 0.1 Maximum Count - 1 Search Filters - Required: Structure Impact Location - Caster Unit Launch Location - Caster Unit Issue Order Effect => Ability - Transport Ability Ability Command - 3 Target - Caster Unit Unit - Target I can only ever unload all or it just does nothing. I need to unload each unit 2 seconds after they enter, individually and without booting any other units out. And without using triggers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Erdrik1 Feb 7
Feb 6 Working Cooperatively Long-Distance on a Map My brother and I are wanting to work together on a game for the arcade, but we live 1-2 thousand miles apart... What would you guys suggest for working on this cooperatively? Is there any real way to do it? Cheers! -RumflyRumfly4 Feb 6
Feb 5 PLEASE CONSIDER! Can someone please!! Look into bringing back "amazing turret d spiral defense" it was such an awesome game for arcade back when!CaptnAwsm0 Feb 5
Feb 4 How do you display an Arcade map as "Co-op"? How does one get a Co-op-themed map to be displayed as "Co-op" in Battle.net rather than as "Custom"? I've seen some RTC 2017 submissions that have it set up this way, but I can't get my own one to do it.Kit2 Feb 4
Feb 4 allied commander bug Hi, The dependys remain bugged --> (even a month after the problem started) It's bugging the chat, menu and so on if u use it in your map. Can we get a explanation on how to fix this? or better yet get it fixed plz ==> we know its a UI problem but can't locate the files needed. Thx, PS: Co-op = amazingjesse0 Feb 4
Feb 4 HELP editor bug: Allied Commanders Allied commander bug, Hi there, when i use the dependency it is bugging out my map. It moves around my chat, removes my exit button and so forth. Can this be fixed or teach us how to fix it sings no one knows how to thx in advance.jesse0 Feb 4
Feb 4 Hyperion's lab upgrades Hi, i have a question, it (or how) is possible to enable the hyperion's lab researches in a custom map.. Command center reactor as an example. Sorry for my english and thanks for your answers.Serginho4 Feb 4
Feb 4 Creating a ladder for an Arcade Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to create a ladder league for an Arcade? I would like the players to obtain MMR and statistics that will always be recorded and even check their position in the league when they want.Menro6 Feb 4
Feb 3 Mod with many "race" options I have played the mods where you pick a race then can build all the co-op and campaign units for that race in the game. its great for messing around on but if you wanted to play a halfway real feeling game with it, it would be too clunky to do. So what i want to do is make a mod where you pick the faction of the race before the game starts. Ive managed to create 4 factions for each race and populate it with units, so if you include the 3 existing races this would allow for 15 options for a race in the selection. That would give each faction its own feel and make for some interesting matches that can be played like normal. Ill post my races in the first few comments. feel free to add feedback on units, or the mode if you feel a race or the mode is missing something.DrFuzzyGlove6 Feb 3
Feb 3 Co-Op Commanders in Skirmish Hi Everyone Its been a while since I've touched the SC2 Editor. Throughout WoL and HotS I maintained a mod mostly for personal use between myself and friends that added a large amount of units and changed gameplay mechanics. Given the addition of Co-Op, I was wondering if it is possible to expand upon what has been "officially" added by Blizzard. Would it be possible to have each of the Commander choices in Co-Op as a 'faction choice' in Skirmish? I am curious because Terrans for example share Supply Depots, by both name and function, yet Raynor builds them instantly, Swann has increased building health and Nova has a different skin for them. This would seem to over-ride the Actor / Model function of the Editor and I cant wrap my head around it. If anyone could simply explain how to add all the Co-Op Commanders at level "15" with everything they have unlocked to a Mod Extension for Skirmish play, I'd love to know. Thanks.Venrez0 Feb 3
Feb 2 Mod.Where to begin? Beep-beep all! Tell me please. I lit my interest, porting simple game. He came to the conclusion that it is best to create a modification, which originally must specify all values for this essential engine. This later allows you to use this assembly for various cards that will do. Whether the direction, I think correctly? On what basis do you create your project in order to help it to make the project understandable for themselves and possibly those who will help me with this? How to organize your work? I have read that it is important to assign each element ID. Is it right to start with a twist of physical data. And what agent (do not kill for the mistake) is responsible for this? As I understand it, is the main agent of the items that contain all the information about everything. And looking ahead. How to add new files in my project? Models, textures, sounds? And also. It excites me creep, he's so cool. Honor and praise to the one who came up with it. Tell me, how can I change it? Do the original agents creep? Is it possible to change the texture and can anyone give advice on how best to do it. Thank you so much. Beep-beepProbeFotoner0 Feb 2
Feb 2 Camera Clipping Actors at Certain Angles Hi there, As you'll see in the video below, I'm having issues with a third person space sim I'm trying to make. I have certain weapons that have fairly long range beams that fire at their targets. However, depending on how I move my camera around, the beams will not render/disappear until I orient the camera to a different angle. I have noted that this clipping issue seems to happen when the actor the beam is hosting off of (in this case, the space station) isn't in the camera's FOV, it will not render the beam at all. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiIf8EEQyNY Is there any way to fix this? Or is this, as others have suggested over at sc2mapster, a limitation of the SC2 game engine in its ability to render objects at peripheral angles to save processing power?Prometheum0 Feb 2
Jan 29 High Capacity Fuel Tank Upgrade? For the life of me I cannot find this upgrade item for the medivac. Does anyone know where it is?BaconHero1 Jan 29
Jan 28 Starcraft Brood Wars supply limited I was wondering if anyone can give me a hand on changing he supply limited in the Brood wars from 200 cap to at least 600 cap. I searched google but no luck. Any help welcome. Thank you.Boki5 Jan 28
Jan 28 Where the heck are maps? Stupid question but its got me frustrated because i should be able to figure this out. I'm tying to test a mod but you have to have a map set as the default test map, after browsing for an embarrassing amount of time i cant find any maps anywhere. even when not looking through the editor. Am i missing something that i don't know about? surely there is map data on my comp, or it would have to download each map, then delete the data after every game and that doesn't make sense.DrFuzzyGlove1 Jan 28
Jan 28 3D Models Where are the 3d models for the SC2 units? I looked through the files and online, but I can't find them.Fenix3 Jan 28
Jan 27 3.8: Mac Editor Crashes on Trigger Edit As of Patch 3.8, the Mac map editor crashes when you edit any trigger entry, or attempt to edit a placed doodad on a map (that didn't fit in the title). It probably crashes other ways, as well, but I haven't taken the time to try to suss them out. I hope you can forgive me for being frustrated, but this has been a really disappointing year for Mac users. The editor has gotten increasingly more broken with each patch, now to the point of being unusable. It's one thing to, say, not be able to reliably save to component files, but to not be able to use the editor at all? I know that this isn't an officially supported product, but...this really sucks.LucidIguana20 Jan 27
Jan 25 PLZ HELP! MY MAP DEPEENDS ON IT I RECENTLY CREATED A MAP AND I CANT MAKE THE TEAMS WORK. ITS A 2V2V2V2 STYLE MAP. I SET TEAMS ETC ADVANCED PLACMENT ETC. BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN GAME START. ITS SET UP TO HAVE 2 PLAYERS EACH CORNOR OF THEMAP WITH FOUR TEAMS...BUT PLAYERS NEVER END UP WHERE THERE SUPPOSED TO. AND WE GET ALLYS DIANGOL OPPOSED TO STARTING WHERE THEY SHOULD PLZ HELP MEIDleHands2 Jan 25
Jan 24 Release SC2 integrated tools for game devs? What about releasing SC2 its integrated tools for game developers to design and build RTS games.THORONGIL0 Jan 24
Jan 24 poker defense !! There is a tower defense game called Poker Defense which I love to play daily while I am at work. After the 3.0 patch, Poker Defense no longer works properly, for example, I can no longer remove platforms,Any help is appreciated!!! Its a really good game!MrIQ1 Jan 24
Jan 23 Star Tools? So they released Star Tools some time ago: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/10788362/starcraft-ii-art-tools-open-beta-8-30-2013 They say they only work for 3DS Max 2011. Is that true? Because as far as I can tell there is no way to download or install the 2011 version. Are there newer versions of the art tools somewhere? Or is it possible to get the tools working for newer versions? I tried with the 2014 version but have been unsuccessful.TheSkunk8 Jan 23
Jan 23 Creating a Mod for beginner? Hi guys, Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask this question. I used to play this mod that no longer seems to exist with the recent updates. I really enjoyed it as it made Terran really strong and I would play 4vs1 for some hectic games. I have 2 saved games with the mod, but I can't start any new ones with it. The name doesnt seem to be listed anywhere so I am not sure how to find more details on it. I was just wondering two things: 1) What is the timeline on learning how to create a custom mod, for someone who has never even looked at how to do it before? 2) Would it be smarted to try to find someone to create the mod for me? Thankssodabiscuit3 Jan 23
Jan 22 Editting Nova Campaign missions I know it is currently not possible to access the Nova Campaign missions in the editor (Despite being able to edit the missions for all of the other expansions). Could I get a concrete answer as to whether they will be accessible? I've been submitting a ticket about once a month ever since the first 3pack of missions, and the answer is always 'We don't know, post in the forums'. One of the main reasons I purchased them was to be able to edit them, and it's disappointing to not be able to do so. Thank you!Cuisdy1 Jan 22