The Adopt A Noob Program

Zerg Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
Yea it's true a gold player can teach a bronze player to get into silver but how can you trust the knowledge? It's been said that once something is learned the wrong way it takes twice as long to unlearn it which could be the case when you're taking your info from someone who doesn't have full knowledge of the game himself.

I'm not trying to upset anyone or put down the thread I'm just saying as a 1200 Diamond that I'm in no position to teach someone and I would be pretty mad if someone taught me something that actually had a negative effect in the long run. That's all; no flames please.
#4 bronze but playing at around #20 silver game level seeking help with good keybinds, keybind tricks, hand and eye focus, timing, etc. character code 989. add me and help please
i have a vent and mic to make things easier
I'm not trying to upset anyone or put down the thread I'm just saying as a 1200 Diamond that I'm in no position to teach someone and I would be pretty mad if someone taught me something that actually had a negative effect in the long run. That's all; no flames please.

Trust me, you could hep so many noobs. A bronze player is making fundemtnal mistakes like no drones, supply block, not expanding etc. etc. A silver is making mistakes like no creep, no second queen, no overlord scout etc. etc. Each league progresses in its skill sets and at the end of the day the bronze will at least have improved his skills by another league level. A 1000 diamond can very easily point out to a bronze how to get into plat.
yeah like i just played a game against a #1 silver ZvP, muta hurrassed, out incomed him, scouted, and saw he was going mass stalk to i went speedling mass with roaches, and saw some collo coming soon so i got more muta/corrupters, kept drones up, didnt get supply blocked, and still lost =/
I am a mentor and I just logged on so shoot me a whisper. I am usually on in the morning and all night a couple nights a week, as I work 3rd shift.
ABrightLight, 391,bronze 4:00 - 7:00(eastern) weekdays. play all weekend
1614 Diamond
Identifier #339

I'd be happy to do what I could to try and teach a new Zerg player what I've learned. I play my 1's at all random times but I can be found frequently playing 3v3's with friends almost every night somewhere from 7pm-10pm Pacific time. I'm also around most weekends, just send me a message on here or in game and I'll try to get together to help someone.
minimi #151
#bronze
M a noob, want to learn proper gameplay....
I noticed the OP hasn't updated in a few days D:
I noticed the OP hasn't updated in a few days D:

That would be because you didn't read the first few lines of my OP where I listed the thread has moved to the general forums :P

The list is very large there and is being updated. I am checking this thread and still updating people's information in the main thread, but I am not going to update this original post anymore. I don't have time to keep both threads running. I'm hoping everyone can move their convesations over to the main thread so I don't have to keep coming to this one. I would have deleted this thread if possible, but I'm not aware of a way.

You can find the new thread here
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1015251800
1. Velduhbi 758
2. platinum
3. noob/partner
4. terran

So this summer i got the game a few days after it came out. I played for about a month then went on vacation. while on vacation a friend of mine that played SC1 used my account and got me into the high ranks of platinum. Im not awful but i have been reluctant to play ANY platinum matches because i know i would lose horribly.
usohatchi 352

1.noob

2.protoss

3.lower bronze

i would love some help. But i can only play later around 6-8
I could use an adoption as well. I'm a noob zerg with no set gaming time, now that the summer semester has begun.

I think my code was 850.
I somehow managed to get into GOLD league by losing my placement matches. I expect that to go down to bronze at my current rate. Oddly, though, when I enter a 1v1 against terrans they leave before the game starts, which accounts for the majority of my wins.
How do we message someone we have not played against? I'd like to play against some of the people who have offered held here but am not sure how to contact them. Thanks,
Dogger,

I usually play Terran but am trying to get experience with Zerg. i'd love any help possible. Usually play evenings on Eastern time.

how do I set up games with people I have not played against and thus had a chance to add to my friends list?

Thanks,
This program seems to have died :(