Heroes of the Storm: Release Date

General Discussion
What's your guesstimation of when we'll be able to play this? I have no idea what to expect really?

A month after Blizzcon? 6 months from now? LotV?
Wouldnt be surprised if it drops at the the start of the next. They've had forever to work on it. I am expecting some sort of beta announcement about it at blizzcon.
The Battle.net website was updated to include an image file for opting in to the Heroes beta. I imagine it will go into beta a few months after Blizzcon; and we'll see from there. One way or another, I expect it before LotV.

Just guesses, though.
Right after Blizzcon is my guess. Goodie bag has a beta key.
11/05/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Integral
Right after Blizzcon is my guess. Goodie bag has a beta key.

Oh, it is? Source for that? I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything!
Soon™
The official term is soonish.

It even said so when it was still called blizzard all stars.
11/05/2013 10:52 AMPosted by TheSkunk
The Battle.net website was updated to include an image file for opting in to the Heroes beta

I just checked i dont have the Option T.T
I expect beta to start sometime before the end of the year with the game probably releasing around June-August.
11/05/2013 06:02 PMPosted by BiteSize
The Battle.net website was updated to include an image file for opting in to the Heroes beta

I just checked i dont have the Option T.T

I don't have the option either...

:(
I didn't mean to imply that you could opt in, but that the image file for it was added: https://eu.battle.net/account/static/images/account/beta-opt-in.jpg

This is the list of images used on the opt-in page, and as you can see the top image is Arthas vs Tychus - Heroes of the Storm.

I'm guessing it will become available after Blizzcon, and some number of months after that the beta will actually start.. but who knows!
Well, here's hoping. I'm really excited to play it.
This may be a stupid question but what is it?
11/06/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Slarb
This may be a stupid question but what is it?

Blizzard DOTA
Last time I was acted to make a prediction, I was asked to predict when Heart of the Swarm would release, and this was in July 2012. I predicted a February 2013 release with March 2013 at the latest. Basically, I've got to be careful with this one. I want to keep my spree up.

I'm going to predict release of Heroes of the Storm to be...ooh...

January 2015 for full game release. No later than March 2015.

I further predict August 2014 to be the start of the Beta, but I'm not as certain about that one.
Last time I was acted to make a prediction, I was asked to predict when Heart of the Swarm would release, and this was in July 2012. I predicted a February 2013 release with March 2013 at the latest. Basically, I've got to be careful with this one. I want to keep my spree up.

I further predict August 2014 to be the start of the Beta, but I'm not as certain about that one.

I hope you are wrong, very very very very wrong.

I thought Blizzard DOTA was coming soon-ish™....like, a year ago?

EDIT: I'm going to be optimistic and say Beta is released Jan. 2014, with the final release coming in April 2014.

I hope you are wrong, very very very very wrong.

I thought Blizzard DOTA was coming soon-ish™....like, a year ago?

EDIT: I'm going to be optimistic and say Beta is released Jan. 2014, with the final release coming in April 2014.
too short of a beta,
my guess is Dec 2013/ jan 2014 for beta. and june/july for game
considering dota 2 is so polished and LoL is so popular .. you really have to wonder what is blizzard going to do to make their mark and compete.
11/07/2013 03:25 AMPosted by llllIIIIlIlI
considering dota 2 is so polished and LoL is so popular .. you really have to wonder what is blizzard going to do to make their mark and compete.

they gonna use units we all know and love.

Thing I hate about dota2 is trying to find a hero u like, takes many many hours to really try just 1 out , and they're all warcraft type of heros, no awesome space age ones.
Do we have really.....any info on HotS? Heroes of the Swarm... (lol)

I'm curious as to how many heroes (and which heroes) we will have access to.