Get ready for dem Protoss Nerfs

Protoss Discussion
Since s0s is a really good player and our race can't poop out units like terran and zerg can so he makes risky plays to get advantages people are QQing in dat twitch chat about protoss OP LOL. "Zerg air needs buff" rofl, I can't even. YAYYY PROTOSSS!!!
you can blame SoS for CANNON RUSHING, hmmm something alot of Bronze league guys can do good too I think? Am I wrong?
mmmm no there wasn't anything that I saw which was blatantly OP, I did wish for JD to use swarm hosts in the game where soS turtled up in his base and wouldn't come out.

just seemed that JD had the tools, he had ultras, but he couldn't close the deal. Then he waited too long and SoS picked up enough archons and steamrolled.
11/09/2013 05:34 PMPosted by Pourvoir
Since s0s is a really good player and our race can't poop out units like terran and zerg can so he makes risky plays to get advantages people are QQing in dat twitch chat about protoss OP LOL. "Zerg air needs buff" rofl, I can't even. YAYYY PROTOSSS!!!

Lets just take a look back at how many mistakes Jaedong made?

First game, SoS bungles a cannon rush, wastes 500 minerals and does not kill anything really but delay a 3rd. SoS was so far behind, Jaedong bungled that game so hard core, no way SoS should won.

Then it just snowballed after that and Jaedong never recovered.

That 2nd cannon rush was effective, but 9 minutes into game Jaedong decides not to make a roach warren and get owned by zealot +1 harrass. and Phoenix play.

SoS lost 3rd to great play by Jaedong.

4th game Jaedong scouted the immortal and robo with warp prism and still lost to a timing attack, he made some roaches, but not after taking a 3rd and droning a bit much, being a little greedy.

That last game he did not scout right outside his base, let SoS warp in 3 rounds of zealots, and loses 10 workers, and ton of units. Then afterwards, he goes 14 minutes into the game before killing the pylon.

That just shows you the level of mistakes he was making, was horribly played on Jaedongs part, and extremely well executed on SoS part.

Jaedong is known for his hatch first play and very greedy 3 base play, SoS really hard countered him with some well thought out builds. And some play that I have never seen before.

Well done SoS, but even more important is how much Jaedong just bungled a few games badly.
Jaedong threw away a huge lead he had in game 1.

Then he played like !@#$ in game 2 (seriously, no Roaches and Spire against +1 Zealot and double Stargate?).

Then he won game 3, as he should have.

Then he played poorly in game 4, engaging at an awful point and getting his entire army timewarped twice against almost exclusively Zealot Immortal.

And finally, in game 5, he simply didn't do what basically every Zerg in Masters on NA does, and that is scout around the map for pylons or probes, and/or spread creep in multiple directions. If he does this (or if he just scouts the Protoss base and notices +1 coming down along with the gateways), the opener doesn't kill 10 drones and put Jaedong way behind. Nevermind that his composition was terrible against what sOs was doing.

sOs played well enough to win against somebody that played as badly as Jaedong did. Honestly, the guy just has a mental block when it comes down to winning a Finals. Dear is a better player than sOs, and Jaedong played wayyyy better against Dear than sOs, because he met Dear in a round that wasn't the finals.
11/09/2013 05:34 PMPosted by Pourvoir
people are QQing in dat twitch chat about protoss OP LOL.

Your first mistake was taking anything a twitch chat say seriously.
11/09/2013 11:22 PMPosted by TechNo
people are QQing in dat twitch chat about protoss OP LOL.

Your first mistake was taking anything a twitch chat say seriously.
Tasteless said it best during the last game. JaeDong is not himself right now.

The entire game SoS was in his head and had him on tilt. It had nothing to do with Protoss being OP or having OP units.
Tasteless said it best during the last game. JaeDong is not himself right now.

The entire game SoS was in his head and had him on tilt. It had nothing to do with Protoss being OP or having OP units.

Yea you are right.

SoS played better, Jaedong played better vs Dear, but horrible vs SoS in comparison. SoS forced allot of mistakes and put on early pressure with the cannon rushes.

Jaedong was way to confident coming into the finals having never won one before. He made a ton of mistakes.