Day9 Casting was sucking in WCS

Protoss Discussion
One thing that really bothers me is when Casters are obviously biased towards certain players. This has been very evident when watching and listening to Day9 commentate and cast these games, like Dear vs JaeDong, he was so obviously pulling for Jaedong, which is ok, but not cool to be so biased when casting.

He was getting on my nerves so bad, I ended up muting the stream just because he was making me mad.

His daily's are ok, but I can't stand listening to him cast.
I wouldn't say biased but day9 is a very hyperbolic casters; he loves to say "ohhh that is soooo smart..." and it doesn't much matter what the player is doing. It could be moving a marine from a to b and he'd still say the same thing.

That's the main thing that annoys me about certain casters, like e.g. day9.

It's okey to be excited and pumped but it just come out so very disingenuous.
I feel like you're expecting a bit too much from the casters. You can't expect them to not have favorites in a competitive sport that they've engrossed themselves in. They shouldn't show as much bias, but when he says things like "that movement by jaedong was so smart!" it's generally because he's right. You have to understand that day9 played broodwar professionally for years, and then started a daily show where all he does is analyze games of starcraft, and he's been doing that for years as well. He knows how the subtle things can win you the game. If someone makes a smart move, he points it out because that's what he's trained to do.

11/09/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Indie
It could be moving a marine from a to b and he'd still say the same thing.

It could be things like he sees the star sense of say maru moving a small group of marines closer to his 3rd when he feels an oracle might be coming or something. That's a smart move, a good play, and it's worth pointing out. I don't see how it's a problem.
11/09/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Walnut
It could be things like he sees the star sense of say maru moving a small group of marines closer to his 3rd when he feels an oracle might be coming or something. That's a smart move, a good play, and it's worth pointing out. I don't see how it's a problem.

Nah, I have no problem with casters being excited and hyperbolic, when it makes sense. It isn't just Day9, and not in SC2, or even just in esports in general. It takes place in a lot of places in television and commentators. It's a very american, sensational style.
Usually always when people comment on commentators being biased they are mad they arent pulling enough for their favorite player. aka no circle jerking for something you love.
Why is this in protoss discussion?
11/10/2013 03:03 AMPosted by TheMoreUKnow
Why is this in protoss discussion?

because we like you guys, and many protoss players, for some reason, seem calmer and level headed.
Day9 was obviously rooting way too much for Jeadong in that tournament. In the finals vs sOs, you could read on his FB page these:

''Come on Jaedong. I believe #WCS''
''Oh god please . One time Jaedong. Bring it to game 7.''

and when sOs won, the last thing he wrote was:

''Oh no. :(''

Not even congratulating the champion for his victory, just a Oh no with a sad face. He has lost alot of respect from me because of that.
Didn't really notice this too much, but just wanted to pile on because I hate Day9 :)
Even though I'm a toss player I was rooting for Jaedong as well, two cannon rushes??? What a B**CH was to win.
If it weren't a live event, I might agree with you more. The fact is though, while Day[9] was casting to people on the stream, he was also casting to the live audience at the finals. And let's face it. That was a very very pro-Jaedong crowd.

More importantly, if you couldn't do a better job, and I know I couldn't, why exactly are you berating the casters for something they do? If you don't like them, don't watch them. Otherwise, accept the fact that just like everyone else who watches this game, they have biases too, and that's going to be reflected in their casting.
HDStarCraft is worse, in my opinion. He's biased towards Zerg players, and likes to call the game before it's done.
"Looks like that's gonna be gg."
*Game continues for 20 minutes.*