Balance suggestion for protoss

General Discussion
How about we remove mothership core, give time warp and recall to oracle (and remove either envision or both envision and revelation) and give nexus cannon to nexus? that way at least some trade-off exists between being greeddy as hell and being safe and at the same time oracle may see more use outside of its role as harasser?
12/04/2013 05:47 AMPosted by Slankei
How about we remove mothership core, give time warp and recall to oracle (and remove either envision or both envision and revelation) and give nexus cannon to nexus? that way at least some trade-off exists between being greeddy as hell and being safe and at the same time oracle may see more use outside of its role as harasser?

Bad idea. Not only would time warp be incredibly broken if you had more than one of the unit that could cast it, but they implicitly stated they did not want the oracle to become a deathball unit.
12/04/2013 05:47 AMPosted by Slankei

I want to know how the Nexus cannon on the nexus would work? So it would be 100 energy to overcharge itself? If so Toss would need a way to keep their macro up if they need to save the energy for that. I think the best change to MSC would be to give it a leash range on a nexus and maybe remove/switch time warp.
12/04/2013 07:09 AMPosted by Qizx

I want to know how the Nexus cannon on the nexus would work? So it would be 100 energy to overcharge itself? If so Toss would need a way to keep their macro up if they need to save the energy for that. I think the best change to MSC would be to give it a leash range on a nexus and maybe remove/switch time warp.

Well maybe the cost can be 75 energy. The point is though that a decision needs to be made between feeling safe and stimulating production.
12/04/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Slankei

Well maybe the cost can be 75 energy. The point is though that a decision needs to be made between feeling safe and stimulating production.

Why? Zerg gets both with queens, and terrans have no disadvantage from getting an orbital.

Why? Zerg gets both with queens, and terrans have no disadvantage from getting an orbital.

It is not about disadvantage, it is about other two races having both marco mechanic and defense from the same unit/building. You dont have to choose between greed and safety you have both.

So in comparison, if terran had macro mechanic and base defense in one package it would be like planetary fortress dropping MULEs. Zerg gets queens who improve economy by injects, can be used for defense and dont consume larva. Protoss can use both chronoboost and PO because it doesn't come from the same energy source and those spells dont require any research.
[quote="107854380301"]Bad idea. Not only would time warp be incredibly broken if you had more than one of the unit that could cast it

Perhaps if it had smaller radius and duration, to match force field?
Interesting idea, better than most terran suggestions. That many time warps may be imbalanced though.
12/04/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Slankei

This would be bad. This would reward bad macro, which helps at the low levels and punishes the high levels of play (which is the exact opposite of what we want).

The better choice would be to just get rid of the mothership cannon and replace it with a better move. Something like shield battery or stasis.
Mothership core's spells should cost 125 energy each to create more exciting timewindows. David K. likes very much making game more exciting so this change would amazing for his goals.