Best Race in each league?

General Discussion
12/03/2013 08:07 PMPosted by LeoKyRa
Also, orbital commands include lots of things that help bronze terrans out.

I definitely give you this in terms of scans and supply drops.

Scans help out new players a lot in terms of scouting and dealing with cloaked units and supply drops really help with supply blocks.

Also for very new players, building barracks and marines and then just grab them and attack seems very intuitive compared to warp gate research, then pylon, then warp in, then attack. This is definitely true.

Why is supply drop in the game anyways?

I dunno. But I sure use it when I play terran!

I'm so noob as terran, it's funny
12/03/2013 08:07 PMPosted by LeoKyRa

Because terran is punished harder by supply blocks then any other race. Zerg can bank there larva and then make units and protoss has the quick warpgate production and can bank units similar to zerg with the front loaded production.

Also the depot takes the longest time to build so they are punished harder. Sure all races are effected by supply blocks but terran more so then the others.
Actually it is more like:

Pro: Terran
GM: Protoss
Masters: Protoss
Diamond: Zerg
Plat: Zerg
Gold: Zerg
Silver: Zerg
Bronze: Terran

But that doesn't really say "best" race in each league; there technically isn't one. That would imply it would be easier to get out of the league with said race. That is more "most represented in each league".
Terran has the least representation in every league above Bronze currently. Before the MMR issues, Protoss was the most represented in Silver, but less represented in gold-diamond than Zerg. Terran was still underrepresented in most of the leagues above Bronze.
Oracle Op in lower ranks eh? It's true though, I agree with this
Best race in all leagues: Oracles.

On a serious note: I agree with the OP.
12/03/2013 10:01 PMPosted by MetalGear

Because terran is punished harder by supply blocks then any other race. Zerg can bank there larva and then make units and protoss has the quick warpgate production and can bank units similar to zerg with the front loaded production.

Also the depot takes the longest time to build so they are punished harder. Sure all races are effected by supply blocks but terran more so then the others.

I would not say that terrans are punished harder. You lose the same amount of production time as protoss. The warpgate makes the unites spawn directly, but you will have the same delay (supply block for 15 sec when warpgate comes of cd or supply blocked for 15 sec with marines waiting for production). You could even argue that toss gets punished harder as terran can queue units and start producing as soon as the depot is done. Toss has to keep an eye on that to warp in as soon as the pylon finishes. chrono makes up for that in the same way as supply drop in a way
Just because Terran is most representen in Bronze doesn't mean that they win the most. They probably are most represented cause of campaign/Starter edition etc. Also while terran have been the best in pro level play. They are not anymore.. Very very few Terrans left at the top and very low winrata as showed by this:

http://aligulac.com/periods/99/ (look at Pvp, ZvZ & TvT and winrates...)

Protoss/Zerg domination everywhere. Terran play is a lost art some would say..
12/03/2013 07:48 PMPosted by LickABoss

So completely wrong lol of coarse zealot archon collosus is going to easier to use for a lower player to use then say MMM

not true
Basic terran macro is easier than protoss macro, so it is easier to produce more MMM than your opponent can deathball.

Pretty tired of people saying Terran macro is easy. Protoss has one probe that can build an entire base, Terran needs multiple scv's to build and they all have to be rallied back, managing chrono is as easy as dropping mules. Seriously try to micro an engagement while building units as Terran, its not easy. If you know how to use camera control groups tabbing to a pylon to build units is relatively simple considering after you have used your spells you have plenty of time to go back and make units. In sc2 gears Protoss players by far have the lowest macro APM, Protoss macro requires by far the least actions required to macro. Protoss macro is not that hard, and it is definitely not harder than Terran macro.

not true
Basic terran macro is easier than protoss macro, so it is easier to produce more MMM than your opponent can deathball.

Pretty tired of people saying Terran macro is easy. Protoss has one probe that can build an entire base, Terran needs multiple scv's to build and they all have to be rallied back, managing chrono is as easy as dropping mules. Seriously try to micro an engagement while building units as Terran, its not easy. If you know how to use camera control groups tabbing to a pylon to build units is relatively simple considering after you have used your spells you have plenty of time to go back and make units. In sc2 gears Protoss players by far have the lowest macro APM, Protoss macro requires by far the least actions required to macro. Protoss macro is not that hard, and it is definitely not harder than Terran macro.

while true, both macros are simple compared to a Zergs own Macro.

Terran macro is a peice of cake, though I do udnerstand that making a base is important, its not hard at all. It just requires you to coutn spaces, a make a wall. Its not really that hard.

not true

Not going to say it's easy, just going to say it's easier than Toss in some regards. If you store up 200 energy on an orbital you can just drop 4 MULEs at once, whereas if you get max energy on a nexus that's sign of really bad macro AND they can't really make up for it. I will say from personal experience I, for some reason, have the worst macro with Terran, best Toss, and Zerg close second (not sure why but I don't miss injects) not saying that's the order. The depot drop does help a lot in a pinch, say a depot was sniped when you need something out BADLY you can drop a depot and have a little leeway.
EDIT: I'd also say Terran does have the most forgiving mechanic for not having detection, toss least, and zerg second. However this does sometimes lead to people overly relying on scans and getting hurt badly.
12/03/2013 07:21 PMPosted by Doncroft
There is no best race per league. It all depends on the player.

Nah dude I've been playing through the leagues due to mmr decay and banelings are OP in silver/gold league.
Pro/Equal
GM/Equal
Masters/Equal
Diamond/Equal
Platinum/'Equal
Gold/Equal
Silver/Equal
Bronze/Equal

Can we stop this balance whine people and do some productive on these forums?
Pro/Equal
GM/Equal
Masters/Equal
Diamond/Equal
Platinum/'Equal
Gold/Equal
Silver/Equal
Bronze/Equal

I think you misunderstand the purpose of these forums Kappa.
12/03/2013 07:56 PMPosted by LeoKyRa
Mules you have all cc's on one hotkey, drop the mules in the mineral line location, double click all and click on patch to mine.

You can drop mules directly on minerals and they will start mining right away.
Ugh you rubes.

Pro: Terran
Masters: Zerg
Diamond: Zerg
Plat: Protoss
Gold: Protoss
Silver: Terran
Bronze: Terran

I would not say that terrans are punished harder. You lose the same amount of production time as protoss. The warpgate makes the unites spawn directly, but you will have the same delay (supply block for 15 sec when warpgate comes of cd or supply blocked for 15 sec with marines waiting for production). You could even argue that toss gets punished harder as terran can queue units and start producing as soon as the depot is done. Toss has to keep an eye on that to warp in as soon as the pylon finishes. chrono makes up for that in the same way as supply drop in a way

Part of the reason why terrans are said to be punished harder is that they cannot make as many supply structures at once without impacting their mining time more then protoss or zerg. Protoss can send out 1 probe to build 4 pylons at once, zerg can make as many overlords as they have larvae at once, terran has to pull an SCV for every single depot, or just keep a SCV on dedicated supply depot making duty to create a constant excess of supply to keep up with production at a slow rate.

Yes terran can que units, technically so can protoss if they just shifted their warp gates back to gateways. Protoss just will not be supply blocked long enough, or have too little supply being built at the same time, to warrant this however.

Mules exist to help even out worker production, supply drops exist to provide immediate supply relief in situations where the terran cannot afford to send SCVs out to go build supply depots or the supply depots may not be done in time. Such as in situations where they need to pull scvs to repair bunkers to defend and the terran is lacking supply for the reinforcement units he needs to be sure to hold.
12/03/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Khonvicted
you actually said something right for once

thanks, I'm flattered.
Pro/Equal
GM/Equal
Masters/Equal
Diamond/Equal
Platinum/'Equal
Gold/Equal
Silver/Equal
Bronze/Equal

How is best race per league even suggestive of balance? This is not a balance discussion in my eyes.
Pro: Protoss
Diamond: Protoss
Plat: Protoss
Gold: Protoss
Silver: Protoss
Bronze: Protoss

FTFY

Rofl.
+1 XP

Except maybe bronze, once you know to get warpgate though and silver starts then it is back to protoss :P