what's a good build against protoss in tvp

General Discussion
just wondering, terran bic boy here needs help :)
i know i probably won't help that much since u already probably know all the stuff i do but here goes anyways
what about drops and harass and that kind of stuff.
cuz from what I'm experiencing, protoss is pretty big on late game
Outplay them. :P

No seriously. Well, I can give you an opening.

9 Depot
12 Rax
13 Gas
15 OC and 2nd Depot

Build a Reaper with your first 50 gas. Send an SCV to the Protoss natural as you start the Reaper. Once you have gathered your next 50 gas, start a Reactor right away and pull 2 SCVs out of gas. From here, you Engineering Bay block the Protoss Natural, making sure to cancel when needed. Use the Reaper to scout for proxy Oracles and immediately focus the Pylon if you find it. Build 2 more rax and lots of Marines. If the Protoss super early expanded, be sure to use the Reaper to scout their main. They can't proxy and expand super fast on one gas.

From there, get Stim, Combat Shields, +1 weapons, and Medivacs up as reasonably fast as you can, take a third, and drop the HELL out of the Protoss. Continue to macro up and either go for a death push with pulled SCVs or a proper timing or try to outplay him in the lategame. It's a pain, but it's doable. I'm pretty awful, and I still managed to win a 40 minute TvP vs every powerful unit in the Protoss army by sniping bases and getting better engagements.

9 Depot
12 Rax
13 Gas
15 OC and 2nd Depot

Build a Reaper with your first 50 gas. Send an SCV to the Protoss natural as you start the Reaper. Once you have gathered your next 50 gas, start a Reactor right away and pull 2 SCVs out of gas. From here, you Engineering Bay block the Protoss Natural, making sure to cancel when needed. Use the Reaper to scout for proxy Oracles and immediately focus the Pylon if you find it. Build 2 more rax and lots of Marines. If the Protoss super early expanded, be sure to use the Reaper to scout their main. They can't proxy and expand super fast on one gas.

From there, get Stim, Combat Shields, +1 weapons, and Medivacs up as reasonably fast as you can, take a third, and drop the HELL out of the Protoss. Continue to macro up and either go for a death push with pulled SCVs or a proper timing or try to outplay him in the lategame. It's a pain, but it's doable. I'm pretty awful, and I still managed to win a 40 minute TvP vs every powerful unit in the Protoss army by sniping bases and getting better engagements.

This is the exact same thing I do, with the exception of the ebay block. (I just build a early ebay in my main instead, cause you know...) I find this build is really good at holding almost all protoss cheeses/all ins, and has a very natural transition into the 10 min timing.

9 Depot
12 Rax
13 Gas
15 OC and 2nd Depot

^ this, but you wanna make it a 12 gas, not 13.

That being said. reaper opening (and cc first on bigger maps) are the only 2 decent builds in TvP.

Which by the way Don i saw your recent post, and i didnt see any mention of early game TvP issues. Whats your take on things? Im so dulled out about seeing either 12 gas reaper or cc first in every pro tvp match...
F10 then N is my choice of build when it comes to TvP
People with the banshee portrait unite!

9 Depot
12 Rax
13 Gas
15 OC and 2nd Depot

^ this, but you wanna make it a 12 gas, not 13.

That being said. reaper opening (and cc first on bigger maps) are the only 2 decent builds in TvP.

Which by the way Don i saw your recent post, and i didnt see any mention of early game TvP issues. Whats your take on things? Im so dulled out about seeing either 12 gas reaper or cc first in every pro tvp match...

Agreed fully, these are the two everybody does. You simply die too easily if you don't scout what they are doing (Cheese on the way usually) and you need a fast cc cause otherwise you die a little later. Totally agree too that it's getting old always watching the same early game (And late game btw) in TvP pro matches.

9 Depot
12 Rax
13 Gas
15 OC and 2nd Depot

Did you take a page out of my book or do we just both do the same opening?
ALT + F4,even the pros,GM and masters have not found 1 build that is good enough vs the myriad of ... that toss has
Reaper Expand is pretty much the only viable build.
12 Rax - Pause SCV production
12 Gas - start SCV production again
Reaper ASAP and use it to scout around his base to try to find out what all in the Protoss is going to do so you can prepare for it. You can also send it around the map to try to find proxy Stargates.
Then build a CC at 18 or so

You can choose to not pause SCV production and build another one at 12 if you're willing to delay your gas, thus delaying your reaper for the extra economy but against Protoss getting the early reaper out is favored a lot because they have a ridiculous amount of all in strategies they can do against you.
Did you take a page out of my book or do we just both do the same opening?

Reaper expand is what almost every Terran does.