SC2 and Windows 7 compatibility problems

Technical Support
I have Windows 7 Home Premium nd whenever I play Starcraft 2 my computer freezes up
I have Windows 7 Professional 64x and SC2 doesn't freeze up my computer.

Virus, spy, and ad-check, and if it still does, then you have something going wrong in your computer. It's not win7.
Windows 7 isn't the problem as Razoric said.
windows 7 home is alot different from windows 7 professional

its like cdmp3 player, airconditioning, airbags, onstar, powersteering, anti lock breaks, nitrous pack, auxilliary gas tank, 2nd engine in the trunk, 4 spare tires, etc
everything you need for double the price of a regular car
At what point does it freeze?
go to internet connection
disable file printer sharing

if you recieved your "home" cd from dell or any other manufacturer it probably has bloatware as well...

ctr alt del (anything not below is probably bloatware)
csrss.exe (i dunno secret windows backdoor trojan???)
dwm.exe (i dunno secret windows backdoor trojan???)
explorer.exe (your windows explorer)
taskhost/mgr (thing you are looking at)
winlogon (logon)
sc2.exe (starcraft)
(not including ieexplorer/popular apps that you might use, but disabling their service agents is good idea to free up processor as well
I have Windows 7 and it runs SC2 fine.

Not saying anything more until OP provides more information about the problem.
go to internet connection
disable file printer sharing

if you recieved your "home" cd from dell or any other manufacturer it probably has bloatware as well...

ctr alt del (anything not below is probably bloatware)
csrss.exe (i dunno secret windows backdoor trojan???)
dwm.exe (i dunno secret windows backdoor trojan???)
explorer.exe (your windows explorer)
taskhost/mgr (thing you are looking at)
winlogon (logon)
sc2.exe (starcraft)
(not including ieexplorer/popular apps that you might use, but disabling their service agents is good idea to free up processor as well

DWM is desktop windows management - i.e. windows aero
Plenty of folks have win 7 so it can't be that. i'd check temps first
Alright man, we're going to need a lot more information than just the OS that you are running.

Would you be so kind as to provide the output of a DXDIAG to us so that we can see what's going on with your system in the sense of driver versions and hardware configuration?

Instructions for obtaining a Dxdiag Report:

1) Press [windows key] + [r] at the same time
2) type dxdiag in the Run dialog box that comes up, then press enter
3) if it asks about WHQL Driver Status feel free to click No
4) You will see a screen with basic system information, at the bottom is a button that says "Save all Information" click that
5) Save the file to your desktop, saving it as dxdiag.txt is okay
6) Open it in notepad, press [ctrl] + [a] then [ctrl] +[c] to select all text and copy
7) Either paste it here in quote tags, or go to pastebin.com and paste there [don't forget to copy the url and paste it here so we can see it.]

Note -- In the future you're better off going to the Technical Support Forum and not the General Discussion forum, a mod will probably move this thread over there.

*EDIT -- Also post above is on point with the potential of this being a thermal issue.
I have Windows 7 Home Edition, and SC2 works just fine.
Is SC2 compatible with anything other than Windows 7??
windows 7 home is alot different from windows 7 professional

its like cdmp3 player, airconditioning, airbags, onstar, powersteering, anti lock breaks, nitrous pack, auxilliary gas tank, 2nd engine in the trunk, 4 spare tires, etc
everything you need for double the price of a regular car

To StarCraft II, the two operating systems provide the same files and services. It doesn't care about stuff like domain support or remote desktop abilities that 7 Pro has over 7 Home

Is SC2 compatible with anything other than Windows 7??
It'll work with Windows XP, XP 64-bit, Vista 32 and 64-bit as well as Mac OS 10.5.8 or higher. You can probably rig Windows 2000 to work with StarCraft II with some system file modifications but it's not something we support.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK

I have windows 7 Home, the only bug I get is once and a while the game freezes for a second, the frame rate drops from about 40 fps to 9, and some of the colors of the buildings, units and mineral patches messes up. But it fixes it self in a few minutes or when the game restarts.
You can probably rig Windows 2000 to work with StarCraft II with some system file modifications but it's not something we support.

You, good blue, have given me something to try.