Day Infested PRP

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
03/27/2014 10:43 AMPosted by Maverick
Digitigrade (Protoss type legs).
No no no no no. just no. Digitigrade means animalistic such as what a dog, cat, or rodent might have. Protoss are NOT Digitigrade. their legs look like it a bit yes. but their feet are closer to plantigrade('human like' or flat footed) and have no resemblence to a digitigrade foot/paw.
They are digitigrade, says so on the wiki and on Wikipedia, and also their 'feet' are actually elongated toes.
anything that starts with a wiki means its created by anyone who is a registered to the site. So any idiot who has the wrong idea can post that on there. Not saying you're wrong, there is just a chance that that is not credible. Just letting you know, saying you read it on a wiki isnt always credible...
I know, I just wanted to make the point since earlier one of them used examples from the wiki.

...I also edited my char, most of the gaps were there so I would not be putting down unnecessary info while I asked about the custom things.

Note that my Rifle is not 'custom', I just wanted to make a weapon that sounded a bit cooler.
To be Honest I don't really want another custom race in here and with that said you still haven't given me enough background information on your race. Culture, personalities, diets and tech levels. Also on another note do not make yourself immune to psionics this is not the rp to try and make some ungodly op or even slightly op character.
OK. I'll edit it again. I was not sure how much info you wanted on the custom race. Also, I was trying to create a character whose abilities were based more on unique abilities than on weapons or technology.
hey guys so ive never role played how to i become part if this ??? plz help
First of all. Grammar and spelling is a requirement or else you'll be inevitably shunned. Secondly go to the first post, read the story, then fill out the application in the EXACT format.
Maverik: Protoss legs ARE NOT AND WILL NOT BE Digitigrade. I practically LIVE Anthro's and Furries so don't think you can pull that !@#$ with me.
Also as Semi-Co-DM: Either drop the backstory and start from scratch or drop the Custom Race all together. There is a reason we don't mess with Groups like Raynors Raiders, mainstream Dominion, the Swarm(OK yes some people have their own Broods/strains but they aren't 'mainstream swarm'), and Main Stream Protoss. actually JUST DROP THE RACE. refine it and bring it back somewhere else but NOT this rp.
03/29/2014 03:52 PMPosted by aviator
hey guys so ive never role played how to i become part if this ??? plz help

More or less what Korzain said. Use proper grammar as most of us are pretty ossified as grammar-N@zis. Use IC (In Character) and OOC (Out Of Character) in RP threads so people don't get confused about anything. Please, please, please, do your best writing for IC posts, (a little sloppiness OOC is alright, just not too much) and use plenty of detail & description in your writing as nothing kills a RP faster then:

IC:
[Bob]
I shoot at the zerglings.

Do something more like:
IC:
[Bob]
I fire away at the onrushing hoard of zerlings, gauss shells clattering off my CMC armor and bouncing to the ground as I slowly start backing up.

Also, label your IC posts with the name of your character (like in the examples above) whenever you write in first person. This makes it impossible for people to forget the name of your character(s) so they don't have to go searching around for them. However, above all, respect the DM as well as your fellow RPers and have fun.

Welcome to JoeyRays.
War.
03/29/2014 08:05 PMPosted by Warhawk
Also, label your IC posts with the name of your character (like in the examples above) whenever you write in first person. This makes it impossible for people to forget the name of your character(s) so they don't have to go searching around for them. However, above all, respect the DM as well as your fellow RPers and have fun.

The first part of this is personal preference. Many of us only do it if we have multiple characters.
I guess I'll just go with a standard terran or protoss, because this is turning from recreation into a writing assignment with overly picky teachers...

Protoss are digitigrade, says so in multiple places, and I could demonstrate if I could upload pictures. As it is though, I suggest we simply agree to disagree and let it go.
Having looked up digitigrade out of not knowing exactly what it is, and then double checking the pics of Protoss from Blizz, I think TLM might be right about this. From a purely anatomical perspective Protoss have their feet flat to the ground (plantigrade) but their legs follow the digitigrade layout:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/artwork/?view=artwork_zeratulorthos&keywords=protoss

http://www.freepaws.org/digiplant.gif

By definition Protoss are plantigrade, but given the way their legs work, I can understand the argument that Protoss are digitigrade.

The definitions I'm going by: (from my dictionary app)

plantigrade |ˈplantiˌgrād|
adjective
(of a mammal) walking on the soles of the feet, like a human or a bear. Compare with digitigrade.

digitigrade |ˈdijitiˌgrād|
adjective Zoology
(of a mammal) walking on its toes and not touching the ground with its heels, as a dog, cat, or rodent. Compare with plantigrade.

Just throwing in my two cents. Hope this settles things.
03/30/2014 06:30 PMPosted by Maverick
Lastly, Protoss are digitigrade, says so in multiple places, and I could demonstrate if I could upload pictures. As it is though, I suggest we simply agree to disagree and let it go.

Half-Digi half-Planti.
My thought is, as I am comparing their legs and feet to those of animals I can observe, I think the part which appears to be their feet is actually their toes.

........\ \
.........\ \
..........\ \ thigh
........../ /
........./ /
......../ / calf
........\ \
.........\ \foot
..........[_] toes

That's the best I can do in this format.
no its their full foot. the closest thing on earth to a protoss foot(that I have found) is the foot of an Emu. but they are technically plantigrade. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu while I know wikipedia is not the best place to look for information ever and hardly ever trust it in this case it is a good quick reference until I can find a better source.
Look, if you watch any of the game trailers on Youtube, I think it's Final Metamorphosis, you see Tassadar's feet. The FEET are plantigrade, the legs are digigrade. Now bloody well drop it. This is a PRP, not a damn debate thread.

Edit: Oh, and Zeratul's feet in his WoL cut scene in the Protoss Ihan Crystal. Here's the link to Final Metamorphosis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kAJSswZPvI
I also used the official WoL cut scene for Zeratul.
Ok really drop this useless debait.