Patch 2.1

General Discussion
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool I get banned for spam and this.......
01/07/2014 02:37 PMPosted by MaxiOwnz
We're antsy to get it in your hands, too. While we don't have an ETA to provide right now, know that we're hard at work to release it the moment it's ready.

Really rough estimate then? day/week/month/year???

Definitely some time between today and the day Half Life 3 gets released.
01/09/2014 06:47 AMPosted by Amon
Hey guys. Im a bronze league player and its not easy to get silver. Well, turns out my usual protoss strategies arent working as well as they used to. Just hoping Blizzard would address this. I play protoss mainly, but every opening strategy seems to fail. It used to be I could build my pylons behind the enemy mineral line and that would do it. I'd be a bronze champion in no time. Now not only do I have to hide my cannons but im actually forced to use my workers for a probe all-in. Some of these guys with the green portraits are using hacks I think. It gets risky sometimes to use all my probes at once, and the green guys just cuss me out when im stuck using my probes to kill their hatchery. Sometimes my probes don't even survive. So, I think its about time we took a look at some positive change for protoss. In an ideal world, I should be able to build my cannons anywhere in his base without using workers to kill things. Because lets get real probes are for minerals. What im suggesting is a 20% buff to cannon shields, then double the range and attack speed. Also, if I could load my probes into my nexus like op Terran to help fend off op zerg I think everyone would appreciate it. Thanks for your time blizzard. Looking forward to having better cannons.

Im in agreement with this idea. Mainly because if you allow a cannon to be in your base, you should just lose cause your terrible. To counter the cannons OPness, zerg should have a buff to spore crawlers that attack land and air with double attack range to counter the cannons, in case protoss decides to build a wall of cannons just outside the base. For Terran, marines should have triple attack range, while the turrets can hit ground and air targets and they fire nuclear missiles. I know what your thinkin. Balloonknot thats incredibly OP for terran!!!! Well they need to have ghost academies to build all those nukes and we know the attack rate of a turret right? thats alot of ghost academies. Chances are they nuke their own workers if mutas come in.
I think Amon is serious and is not trying to troll
Cannons should be like creep tumors: for every one you have, you get to place one nearby for free. I forsee no problems whatsoever with this and feel it would be totally and completely balanced, especially because we all know the most fun opening to play against is most definitely a cannon rush.
I wasnt trolling either, the game could be so much more than imbalanced pile of crap with a broken ladder.

If its okay to have toss OP and broken, then lets make them "really"
broken.
I wouldn't waste my time trolling. I keep losing to guys with blue and green portraits and no matter how many probes I rush to my cannon location I just cant kill the enemy fast enough. If they escape they just go back to my nexus... The main thing here is that cannons need some range and about twice the attack. Yesterday I got a cannon down right next to a players command center. The command center then lifted and flew away before my 10 probes could finish it off. Well, unfortunately, my nexus couldnt lift off, and when the command center landed there the scvs got out and started attacking. I was able to save one probe, but he couldnt escape with my nexus due to unaddressed balance issues. If my cannon had twice the attack and range there might have been a more desireable outcome and I might finally have a chance at #1 bronze in my division. Once cannons are fixed and probes can load into my nexus, I feel blizzard can truly say that the races are all balanced.
01/07/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Fonzy
Why wouldn't I be bitter? Why aren't you? Everyone should be.

If you're going to stay bitter and angry that's only going to make you succumb to more mistakes that could have been avoided with a clear head. Also being angry all the time only makes life harder on yourself and makes you feel more like crap so why dwell on something so much if all it'll do is hurt you more.

Well good for you. Go hug a tree and sing kumbaya. I am sure you'll find it exhilarating.I applaud at your willingness to just bend over.

Just because someone doesn't want to be angry over something he knows isn't worth getting angry over doesn't mean he's bending over to take it in the !@# by the company who messed up the ladder in the first place. Someone can have a clear head and be against the company that messed up something but getting angry isn't going to do anything beneficial. The angrier you get the harder you make it on yourself, the more mistakes you'll make etc. and you could end up losing games you could have won, or fights whatever.

01/07/2014 02:26 PMPosted by Fonzy
But most feel thoroughly screwed and ripped off at the ordeal. From the master player in bronze, to the bronze player facing bronze masters.

Yeah it's frustrating but an easy solution imo is to just go unranked that way you at least don't have the pressure of ladder rankings weighing your thoughts. They do need to fix the ladder so people aren't being demoralized from playing the game.

Nearly half the player base got thrown into bronze.That should never happen

Yeah that's something that never should've happened, legit bronze, silver and gold players having a tough time because of people being misplaced in those beginner leagues really isn't fair to the beginners nor is it going to motivate newbies to come into the game. Being a sour old man who gets pissed off at everything wont help you in any way so you're just putting in wasted effort and misusing your energy lashing out at a company you're not forced to follow.

Last time I was pissed off for two days I did nothing but make mistakes so when I took time to calm down and relax and stopped worrying about the ladder and now with a clear mind I'm not making as many mistakes as I have been. I don't care about ladder anymore because it's broken so now I only play unranked until ladder is fixed enough to be cared for. And someone who's just a low to mid silver league player I understand you'd be frustrated being put against people who are leagues ahead of you and I'm sure you want to feel like a badass going back into your gold ranking just as much as I'd like to go back to my platinum ranking but quitting the game entirely isn't going to make you better and eventually you'll fall behind the player-base and we'll all just end up getting so far ahead of you in skill that when you come back you might actually be a Silver League player instead of a gold.
01/09/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Amon
I wouldn't waste my time trolling. I keep losing to guys with blue and green portraits and no matter how many probes I rush to my cannon location I just cant kill the enemy fast enough. If they escape they just go back to my nexus... The main thing here is that cannons need some range and about twice the attack. Yesterday I got a cannon down right next to a players command center. The command center then lifted and flew away before my 10 probes could finish it off. Well, unfortunately, my nexus couldnt lift off, and when the command center landed there the scvs got out and started attacking. I was able to save one probe, but he couldnt escape with my nexus due to unaddressed balance issues. If my cannon had twice the attack and range there might have been a more desireable outcome and I might finally have a chance at #1 bronze in my division. Once cannons are fixed and probes can load into my nexus, I feel blizzard can truly say that the races are all balanced

Why would you be so stupid to rely every game on bad cannon rushing? you bet everything on that one noob tactic that you don't know any other back up builds to fall back on incase if you fail. and if they manage to move that slowass Command Center across the map faster than your probes can retreat or make a gateway for a single zealot that can kill all those SCVs then you deserve to lose.

Try to cannon rush less often and try to actually play the game, don't even play this game if you're not willing to do something other than cannon rush, although you need better micro and placement for the cannons but people learned how to deal with cannon rushes because they were so common and they're not as effective now because they learned to fight it.
01/07/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Aldrexus
We're antsy to get it in your hands, too. While we don't have an ETA to provide right now, know that we're hard at work to release it the moment it's ready.

YAY!
01/07/2014 12:26 PMPosted by IIIIIIIIIIII
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE US 2.1 AND LADDER DISTRIBUTION FIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

01/07/2014 02:26 PMPosted by zappy
we can suck it.
Yes you can.

How exactly does MMR decay affect a bronze player? Afraid you're going to be demoted?

How about never EVER getting promoted because you keep getting slaughtered 5, 6, 7 times in a row by people you should never have been playing against in the first place?

I was Silver closing fast on Gold before this BS. Now I can't break in to Silver to save my life.
01/09/2014 01:50 PMPosted by Doominator
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE US 2.1 AND LADDER DISTRIBUTION FIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

BTW, you guys seriously need to add some considerations to your promotion criteria. 58% win / loss ratio is a bit simplistic, don't you think? It doesn't take into account how many times you got stuck with someone who leaves or someone who doesn't do anything or someone who does teamkill or the quality of the players on your randomly selected team. I've been having above average APM for weeks now, for example, but it doesn't count for anything.

All I'm saying is that a few more considerations would have reduced the impact of this particular bug. There are game systems out there that classify players, for example, based on how "dirty" they play. Players on these systems find that dirty players wind up playing eachother when possible.
Deleted: Duplicate post.
In a nutshell, patch 2.1 improves the game not even a little. It remains to be seen if they lied about patch 2.1 or if they are just incompetant and which of these is worse. The single most important thing they had to fix was the ladder and it sux just as bad. Case in point: I just played 8 games in a row where my bronze buttocks got matched against platinumns and masters in 4x4. I feel so badly for Blizzard developers. Your moronic Dilbertian managment must be so aweful to put up with. How can any of the other changes matter if you can't even get a fair game? I am absolutely certain that some developer thought of this and some management pogue stopped him from fixing it for some idiotic reason.
Necro.
necro and complaining about 4x4 ladder balence