Patch 2.1 This Week

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
01/19/2014 03:42 PMPosted by Aristarcus
Does this update include the changed Dashboard that incorporates all of Blizzards games into one Dashboard?

Here.
Can we get a full patch notes earlier please?
Also will there be any balance changes or is this a feature patch?
Sweet, now I can ladder with Epic sc1 Music :D
There will be a placement match to play?
will this fix the bug where i can't save replays.....?
I wish they could let us know what the league percentages are going to be..
Does this patch include the indicator of the number of remaining win before up ?
Great job, thank You!

---
Super news:
"adjustments to the league distribution percentages on the ladder"

---
And please: no-hidden mmr and clear requirement for promotion in 2.1.0001 version.

---
tgw (tgw - thanks, good work)
:)))
What time is the patch coming out for the American server?
01/20/2014 02:02 AMPosted by REVATEP

they already did
Are they just adjusting league percentages? Are they fixing any of the issues that brought the ladder to the point it is in now?
01/20/2014 06:55 AMPosted by MaxiOwnz

they already did

well please share your almighty wisdom with the rest of the class...Secrets don't make friends...
01/19/2014 03:01 PMPosted by Incubus
What are the new target league %'s?

Bliz never mentioned that they were going to change the percentages, so I suspect they are the same as they originally intended (as set when Hots came out).
erm how long did this take? i remember the ladder still being broken in November.

Can someone explain to me why Blizzard are so lazy.

They make an unbelievable amount of money but it takes them years to fix/add things to their games.

3 months to fix ladder
3 years for hots (seriously, it takes 3 years to make an expansion?)
10 months with no content at the end of Cataclysm
another 3 years for lotv
the end of Wrath of the Lich king
still no new content in WoW, siege was released in September, i mean come on it can't take that long to make a raid
new models are taking forever
2 years for Diablo expansion
an eternity to make Starcraft 2
an eternity to make Diablo 3
wheres warcraft 4?
an expansion for wow that adds nothing to the story and it's just a remake of Outlands
where is the nerf of Protoss?
01/19/2014 06:15 PMPosted by llIIllIIllII
So will the patch be tuesday at 12am or will it be during the day
01/20/2014 06:12 AMPosted by MaxiOwnz
What time is the patch coming out for the American server?

They haven't said specifically. If tomorrow is a maintenance-style day (where multiple games/regions are worked on), who knows where in the schedule it will be.

01/19/2014 03:01 PMPosted by Incubus
What are the new target league %'s?

So far there's been no mention by Bliz that they are changing the intended target percentages that were set when Hots came out: 8, 20, 32, 20,18, 2.

01/20/2014 01:41 AMPosted by Weltall
There will be a placement match to play?

The wording Bliz used was that it is not a placement match like what we see at the start of a season. But instead it's simply that after the 1st regular match you play in 2.1, the system will move you to a more appropriate league.

01/19/2014 06:49 PMPosted by tskaahyeah
What happens to starter edition free all race and arcade?

01/18/2014 10:49 PMPosted by OneTwo
Will this patch make all 3 races available for Starter Edition as previously mentioned or is this no longer the case?

The Arcade has been officially confirmed here on Battlenet as F2P. The availability of the 3 races was mentioned but it's not officially confirmed here on battlenet.

Posted by Kaivax
and many other features.

Curious, but trying not to wonder about it too much.

I added a feature list to my "What We Know" thread:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11039723988

01/19/2014 11:09 AMPosted by Stillnyte
Will you be able to listen to the Remastered soundtrack while playing the Campaign? If so, that would totally make me play the WoL campaign over again!

According to the Preview blog, no, unfortunately :(

01/19/2014 11:13 AMPosted by Sorrow
Is this going to affect the way MMR is currently functioning?

Not that we know of. The most Bliz has said is that they are currently analyzing the decay mechanism.

01/19/2014 11:13 AMPosted by Sorrow
So even if the league distribution is changed, the MMR will continue to cause the same pairings we've been receiving.

It's possible the common issue of large skill disparities in MU's won't change in 2.1. The re-distribution's only effect will be the league badge in your profile; you won't actually change position on the ladder (which your MMR dictates). Now, I could be wrong about this. For all we know they did more than move the league boundaries. They could have made changes to the MU algorithms as well. We just have to wait and see.

01/18/2014 10:44 PMPosted by Him
There's no mention by Bliz that there's any changes to MMR or MMR decay are included in 2.1, only distribution changes.

Really wish they had addressed these things, but it's okay, I guess.

Good news is that they've acknowledged the feedback and are investigating.

Correct. MMR decay has been in full effect the whole time.

There's no mention by Bliz that there's any changes to MMR or MMR decay are included in 2.1, only distribution changes.

Than why do I see people talking about it.

Many people have had may misconceptions about this patch for some reason. Rumors popped up all over the place. That's how my "What We Know" thread was born!

As I understand the news:

- MMR decay won`t be fixed
- DEMOTION during the season won`t be reintroduced

= nothing essential will be changed and patch 2.1 will be more cosmetics than anything else...

Blizzard has never stated that anything is broken about MMR decay, so nothing in 2.1 for it. Blizzard has never stated that they would be doing anything about mid-season demotion locks, so nothing in 2.1 for it.

01/20/2014 10:59 AMPosted by HelteR
where is the nerf of Protoss?

Bliz stated it would not be part of the patch. If any balance changes are coming, they would be after 2.1 is released. As of right now, they are only monitoring data and feedback on the balance concerns.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11040734962
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/11224302374

01/19/2014 02:03 AMPosted by Miro
Kaivax, Thanks for the update - much appreciation for your continued communication with us! Please keep up the amazing work!

And, as always, this!
Will the patch be implemented in midnight or in the middle of the day tomorrow?
Well I hope everyone enjoys custom decals for the short amount of time they'll be in the game; expect to see mass genitalia shortly after patch release used by all of your favorite 14 year old ladder players.
:D fiiiiiaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy free starbow to EVERYONE! :D

ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your StarBows ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
01/20/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Raver
Will the patch be implemented in midnight or in the middle of the day tomorrow?

They haven't said specifically. If tomorrow is a maintenance-style day (where multiple games/regions are worked on), who knows where in the schedule it will be.