Modified Balance Update Release Schedule

General Discussion
Hello everyone,

As David Kim mentioned in his recent forum post, we’ll be moving forward with a new balance update this week. However, we realized that our original release schedule for Friday, February 28 would offer WCS Europe Premier League Group F competitors just a few short hours to practice with the new changes. Instead, we’re going to slightly alter our release schedule by holding off on the balance update for the European Battle.net region until after the Group F broadcast concludes on Saturday, March 1.

With tournaments on-going across the globe, there’s never a perfect time to roll out a balance update, but we want to make sure our target dates will have the least amount of impact possible on upcoming events. Once again, this schedule change will only affect Europe and we are still planning to release the update for all other Battle.net regions on Friday, February 28.

Thank you, and good luck to all of the players competing in WCS this week!
Ok, thanks for update.
Allllllllrighty-then
** Does not affect American server players **
Sounds good, thanks Spyrian :)

I am liking the direction of most of the changes, so pushing it to launch is good for now; my criticism is in the other thread.

I am excited for these changes though :D!
NOOOO i want to use widow mines against protoss as fast as possible :(
02/25/2014 06:39 PMPosted by hofnerJ
plz don't do this one.

#infestor buff of WOL
#snipe Nerf
Blizz is so thoughtful :) Such a great company <3 :)

Unless they offrace on EU as well.
DAAMMMMNNN YOUUUUU BLIZZAAARRRDDDDD!

Nevermind, fair enough.

Although, I've always wondered why our servers couldn't be updated with respect to different times! XD. Assuming of course, it wouldn't take that long for your guys to code for that!
02/25/2014 09:39 PMPosted by nomufftotuff

Nevermind, fair enough.

Although, I've always wondered why our servers couldn't be updated with respect to different times! XD. Assuming of course, it wouldn't take that long for your guys to code for that!

02/25/2014 07:39 PMPosted by Hunta

It is only delayed for EU server
Thanks for the notification. I have high hopes for this patch, maybe it will make TvP early game playable again. Now if only TvP lategame and Swarmhosts were adressed :)
02/25/2014 06:34 PMPosted by Nocturnal
Allllllllrighty-then

pet detective detected!
Are you going to change the leagues % on this new patch? Now is the momment blizzard, do it ASAP please!
02/25/2014 09:39 PMPosted by nomufftotuff

Nevermind, fair enough.
If you're fixing a problem hat could possibly result in a different outcome for players in a proffesional setting you have a job to get it out ASAP so no more players lose their WCS Season 1 careers because of these imbalances.
02/26/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Miro
That's my point though - they don't want to be using that energy, so they have to be more cautious and more skillful in how they go about using the MSC in terms of scouting etc or they waste energy on recalls or timewarps that might well be needed later, when you don't have them as a result.
I agree with this premise. I don't agree with the extent of the nerf. I wasn't against it; my point is that the nerf is a little too severe.

And the delayed tech isn't necessarily a bad thing, given that you can get storm obscenely early in the current meta. It's a good thing.
"Obscenely early" is still at 11-12 mins. It will be bad for Protoss with the new Widow Mine.

That said, I wouldn't mind if the nerf was brought up to 10 or even 11 radius. but no more than that, or it's not achieving it's goal.
100% agreed.

02/26/2014 05:13 PMPosted by KillerBunny
How many times have we seen protoss in terrible positions out on the map, and get saved by recall? snipe a hatch and recall?

Please.

Elaborate on why protoss NEEDS that scout pre 5 minutes, and what you cant scout based on a gas timing. What build could hit you before you are prepared.

You are extremely overreacting.

In many many pro games the protoss doesnt scout with his msc. Why? Because like i said, photon overcharge will protect at least one base for up to a minute, which is easily enough time to prepare your defenses. Time depending, you may even have a second overcharge.

Please give me an example of why protoss needs the msc as a scout pre 6 minutes.
I'll have to respond to you tomorrow evening, as I don't have the time at the moment - sorry for that...

The short answer is that Protoss needs precise knowledge on Terran's plans to know how to counter and react to them properly.
02/27/2014 05:55 PMPosted by Riggins
You know what would be cool? If widow mines had a "concussive shell" like effect on things in the splash zone. Even if the actual damage was reduced a little. Then you would get some things killed by the blast and other things staggering about after the blast. Like in the real world.

It would also be cool if the widow mine reset the blink timer on stalkers. Then you get some stalkers blinking into your base, they get hit and are staggered a bit for blinking somewhere without looking first (ie use an observer instead of a MSC). Then they can't blink out quite as fast as a penalty. Seems fair.

This sounds like a really cool idea.