Why Kerrigan is a complete idiot

Zerg Discussion
This will show everyone why the Queen of Blades is more like the Queen of !@#$.

1. She isn't a Zerg. The Zerg Overmind could effectively lead the Zerg because it WAS the living embodiment of the Zerg Genome.

2. She is just stupid. In the 4 years of isolation, the Zerg devolved from nightmarish invaders into nooby invaders. The Zerg where arguably OP in SC1, but in SC2 they are probably the weakest of the 3 races.

3. She is weak. This quote will show you:

"Turn back Cerebrate, the day is won. For the first time since my infestation I grow weary of the slaughter."
Kerrigan-BW

Weary? WEARY!? ZERG ARE NOT %^-*ING WEARY!! Even when she could have assimilated the Protoss and Terrans, even when she could eradicate all opposition to her, and even after the Zerg defeated the 3 fleets, she didn't take the opportunity. She allowed her enemies to reprieve and left them to lick their wounds, when she SHOULD have assimilated the Protoss and do whatever she wants with the Terrans.

4. She is blind. In BW, she called the Cerebrates and their broods the "Renegade Zerg", as if she was the true ruler of the Zerg. She isn't. SHE was the Renegade. SHE destroyed the Zerg Swarm by wiping out the Cerebrates, and she doomed the Zerg to a derpy extinction by basically %#@#*!#*@@ their already efficient and nigh-perfect Hive-Mind heiarchy and their Brood Structure.

5. The following is what she SHOULD have done during the Brood War, and what she actually did.

What she SHOULD have done: Continued working with the Cerebrates, knowing her place, and help them revive the Overmind. Then, she should help the Zerg recover from the Fall of Aiur, then help The Overmind assimilate the Protoss and the Terrans.

What she actually did: She ruined my favorite Sci-Fi species ever. She !@#$ed up. she %^-*ing !@#$ed the %^-*ing zerg hive-mind as if it was a cheap !@#$-toy.
I think the fact that she killed the Cerebrates to control the Swarm was awesome...

I just hate what the Zerg is now. I chose to play Zerg because they're bloodthirsty, looking for ways to improve themselves and their strength is in their numbers...
What i've learned from the Starcraft II campaign is that the Zerg has gone soft with the new Queen B**** of the Universe (her own words, back in Starcraft) and in multiplayer, well, i don't feel like i'm swarmy enough...

If the Zerg stays the way it is now, i'd rather have Kerrigan dead, since she's not what the Zergs are meant to be...
We could kill Raynor too, and make her go mad at everybody, but that would suck so much for the terrans since Raynor's an iconic character (imo)

And Zeratul and it's prophecy...well...
04/10/2014 05:30 PMPosted by ShadowHunter
We could kill Raynor too, and make her go mad at everybody, but that would suck so much for the terrans since Raynor's an iconic character (imo)

Naw, we don't need anymore Terran tears.
04/10/2014 05:12 PMPosted by TheUndermind
1. She isn't a Zerg. The Zerg Overmind could effectively lead the Zerg because it WAS the living embodiment of the Zerg Genome.

? She was awesome in BW. Way better tactician then the overmind.

2. She is just stupid. In the 4 years of isolation, the Zerg devolved from nightmarish invaders into nooby invaders. The Zerg where arguably OP in SC1, but in SC2 they are probably the weakest of the 3 races.

Blame the sc2 design team

3. She is weak. This quote will show you:

"Turn back Cerebrate, the day is won. For the first time since my infestation I grow weary of the slaughter."
Kerrigan-BW

Weary? WEARY!? ZERG ARE NOT %^-*ING WEARY!! Even when she could have assimilated the Protoss and Terrans, even when she could eradicate all opposition to her, and even after the Zerg defeated the 3 fleets, she didn't take the opportunity. She allowed her enemies to reprieve and left them to lick their wounds, when she SHOULD have assimilated the Protoss and do whatever she wants with the Terrans.

I took her as being weary due to the psi-disrupter causing her to overtax her psionic abilities.

4. She is blind. In BW, she called the Cerebrates and their broods the "Renegade Zerg", as if she was the true ruler of the Zerg. She isn't. SHE was the Renegade. SHE destroyed the Zerg Swarm by wiping out the Cerebrates, and she doomed the Zerg to a derpy extinction by basically %#@#*!#*@@ their already efficient and nigh-perfect Hive-Mind heiarchy and their Brood Structure.

Survival of the fittest, the cerebrates couldn't survive and got replaced. Sure Kerrigan cheated a bit and got help but that's her being a good tactician.
The term renegade is relative just like good or bad.

5. The following is what she SHOULD have done during the Brood War, and what she actually did.

What she SHOULD have done: Continued working with the Cerebrates, knowing her place, and help them revive the Overmind. Then, she should help the Zerg recover from the Fall of Aiur, then help The Overmind assimilate the Protoss and the Terrans.

What she actually did: She ruined my favorite Sci-Fi species ever. She !@#$ed up. she %^-*ing !@#$ed the %^-*ing zerg hive-mind as if it was a cheap !@#$-toy.

She made the zerg swarm less hive mind dependent and less tainted by Amons influence. Really all you should be doing is blaming sc2 story people sc1:bw story was much better. SC2 was passable though.
Kerrigan is a good carachter, and obviously she is not zerg at all and she has never been. The overmind losing his life had its price.

I think you shounldn't be mad to kerrigan, but to SC2 team. You can tell a big difference in quality between the storyline and game design in sc1 and sc2.

Anyway, they can fix a lot of the issues in Lotv.

PD: But talking about heart of the swarm alone... I actually enjoyed the WOL campaign, i just dind't like the end. But in heart of the swarm i feel like there are a lot of things lacking. I didn't get kerrigan's "change". They campaign was WAY WAY too short... There wasn't any good explanation, dialogues were like... ¿ two lines? I just don't get it. In wol i was hoping mengsk to die so passionately... and when it happened in hots i was like: Ok. So something was failing there for sure.
The only true Zerg tacticians were Zasz and Daggoth. Zasz had the foresite to say, "Maybe we shouldn't trust our faction's future to a Terran sociopath..."

After Zasz died, the Overmind sits back and says, "Herp derp. Better go kill the Protoss race back on Aiur." and then Daggoth actually has a bit of a problem doing that because there are still DTs wandering around on Char.

After Kerrigan took over, she trusted everything in the hands of Samir Duran. Look where that got her.

I sincerely hope there will be remnant Cerebrates in LotV. That way it can be Broodmother versus Cerebrate, because I'd really like to see how it turns out.
Kerrigan was awesome in BW. She was merciless and sadistic, remember when she forced Zeratul to kill Rashagul? "I said, you are free to go. I've already taken your honor. I'll let you live, because I know that from now on; your every waking moment will be torture. You'll never be able to forgive yourself for what I've forced you to do. And that, Zeratul, is a better revenge than I could have ever dreamed of."

Remember how she gloated over that and everyone elses lives she ruined? She was cunning, and power hungry. Honestly she probably only let terran and toss survive in BW because she enjoyed the fight like it was some game.

SC2 ruined kerrigan, in WOL you never got the sense that kerrigan was as bad as she was in BW. She just seems more like a typical EEEEVIL villain. HOTS was a joke, if WOL didn't ruin her, HOTS stupid campaign definitely did. Made zerg out to be the good guys too, which just isn't right :(

Oh and the kerrigan X raynor love story was stupid and cliche. In fact it seems rather unrealistic considering the last thing raynor said to kerrigan pre-sc2 was that he would hunt her down and kill her for her deeds.
Kerrigan in broodwar was super evil with not reason at all... You know, in sc she was JUST a ghost girl, and after she became plaged she kind of delivered to its destination.

And suddenly in BW she was super evil badass and super inteligent. Wow. That change dind't have much sense as well, even if it was very cool. I would say the WOL kerrigan is the most accurate one. And hots kerrigan isn't bad, it kind of makes sense if you think about it, even if it is... boring.
, knowing her place, and help them revive the Overmind

According to lore, overmind created kerrigan to free zerg from the cerebrates. Kerrigan IS in her place by overruling the previous rulers so zerg can face amon.
04/12/2014 05:46 PMPosted by DroneOfArc
, knowing her place, and help them revive the Overmind

According to lore, overmind created kerrigan to free zerg from the cerebrates. Kerrigan IS in her place by overruling the previous rulers so zerg can face amon.

That doesn't make sense at all, overmind created cerebrates to help him control the swarm by giving them specific tasks so he was able to have more general role while they adressed specifical issues.
Ok, sure kerrigan was awesome in BW. But strategically, she was stupid. The very thing that makes the Zerg so terrifying is that they are so utterly alien to us. With a human in control, the Zerg lost their alien feel. Also, her sadistic desire to make her foes suffer also made her a worse tactician. The Overmind would have quickly killed or infested everyone, rather than letting some live. Kerrigans decision to allow her enemies to reprieve was also a weakness. With the enemies of the Swarm shattered, the Overmind would have consumed all of them, thus eliminating any threats. Also, KillerofGods, your wrong about everything you stated, as the Zerg need a centralized hierarchy. Kerrigan made the swarm more chaotic by having the broodmothers fight each other. The Swarm must function as a single, unified whole. The Overmind was by far a greater character than kerrigan in every way. Also, since I made this forum, here is a ground rule: no mentioning of Amon or the protoss mini-campaign plot. The Overmind was NOT enslaved by a Xel'Naga, it wanted to assimilate the Protoss of it's OWN ACCORD, and Kerrigan is not part of a stupid prophecy.
The entire Sc2 storyline is bad, not just the "kerrigan" part.
results?search_query=How+Starcraft+should+have+ended

watch?v=Lb4eokdzuBk
04/11/2014 02:47 AMPosted by Kukulza
PD: But talking about heart of the swarm alone... I actually enjoyed the WOL campaign, i just dind't like the end. But in heart of the swarm i feel like there are a lot of things lacking. I didn't get kerrigan's "change". They campaign was WAY WAY too short... There wasn't any good explanation, dialogues were like... ¿ two lines? I just don't get it. In wol i was hoping mengsk to die so passionately... and when it happened in hots i was like: Ok. So something was failing there for sure.

The problem is it was devoted ONLY to revenge, and shed way too little light on the prophecy. Not sure how they're supposed to compensate for this in LotV.