Erratic behavior by Blizzard on the forums

General Discussion
04/16/2014 07:42 AMPosted by eNtRoPy
when the community starts to become negative

If this is the case, we should responses constantly, every single day.
I'm not exactly sure what you would want them to do. It sounds like you're trying to pin them into a catch-22 situation where you come out looking great and they come off as awful at their jobs.

The reality is that they have been posting more frequently here and on reddit. They are more lax and jovial. It is apparent that they are putting a lot of effort into coming across as approachable as possible. What's wrong with bringing in a little sunshine to brighten the place up a bit?
04/16/2014 07:45 AMPosted by Kelthar
What are they supposed to say if the forums were nothing but positive? "Thanks, we appreciate it"?
that's what they post anyway. they only show up in the positive threads (which is a good thing).

perhaps they're more likely to post in a positive thread when it's surrounded 9 negative threads, to draw attention to the nice one.
I'm still hanging around. Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool.

Even if we don't reply to every thread, we're still reading them. If we see a thread that would benefit from our presence, we will definitely pop in. :)

As for the moderation, there isn't anything sinister going on. We're just trying to make sure the forums are running smoothly. We have our guidelines posted as a sticky if you have any questions on what kind topics risk removal. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/85998600
04/16/2014 07:29 PMPosted by Psione

Psione smoking on the job confirmed! quick someone make a reddit thread, we need some esports drama
Even if we don't reply to every thread, we're still reading them. If we see a thread that would benefit from our presence, we will definitely pop in. :)

Most threads benefit from blizzard's blue text. Even the 1093832 threads that all ready have a known blizzard stance.

What I mean is that every time somebody QQ's about force field that means somebody in that thread is not aware that blizzard feels force field is seen as a beneficial and intended mechanic.

Or that storm is also similarly seen as a balanced and beneficial and intended spell that is quite all right as far as blizzard is concerned.

Or that macro mechanics such as chronoboost and larva inject or mules are judged to be not on the table for re-balancing.

A lot of posts come from ignorance (not a horrible thing). I wish there was more enlightenment dished out by the CM's :D

As for the moderation, there isn't anything sinister going on. We're just trying to make sure the forums are running smoothly. We have our guidelines posted as a sticky if you have any questions on what kind topics risk removal. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/85998600

Anyone else try to read the rest of this with the Fresh Prince theme in your head.

And all shootin some b-ball outside of the threads
when a couple of guys started askin 'you dead?'
Started making posts sayin the mods are gone
I made one little post and the forums lit on fire
All this discussion, on how I'm the prince of Bel-Aiur.

Or something like that.
04/16/2014 10:05 PMPosted by Fawxkitteh

Anyone else try to read the rest of this with the Fresh Prince theme in your head.

Or something like that.

Good rhyming, but open for improvement, lots of it.
04/17/2014 01:27 PMPosted by RexPrime

Or something like that.

Good rhyming, but open for improvement, lots of it.

Yeah...done at 1am in the 7 minutes right before going to sleep. XP

Or something like that.

I could totally see Will Smith playing The Fresh Prince of Bel-Aiur
04/18/2014 01:27 PMPosted by MongOOse

Or something like that.

I could totally see Will Smith playing The Fresh Prince of Bel-Aiur

Fresh Prince of Bel'Shir seemed better to me.
04/16/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Arkitas
04/16/2014 10:56 AMPosted by kappavilo
They probably sit around drinking bears and lol'ing while reading the threads.

Usually it's a Panda kinda day.. when it gets real tough though, we go full grizzly.

You messed up man.... you never go full grizzly. I love quoting Tropic Thunder, sorry, couldn't help it xD
It was just a week or two ago you have been anounced as a saviour of these forums. For 2 days you were active and now you are just "hanging around" :-) . That tells a bit :-)
protoss is fine Kappa

shooting some b-ball outside of the school?

would you call your neighborhood rough?