pc is crashing when i play Blizzard games

Technical Support
i am running a more than capable system. not really sure where to look to list all of it. but i can if that will help.

bottom line, i have re formatted my pc, reinstalled my XF card, updated all my drivers, all the updates for windows, uninstalled and re installed all the games that cause the crash, checked for overheating and even had a seasoned software engineer look at it. apparently nothing is wrong. i put in a ticket and got no answers so im wondering if anyone else has seen/heard of or had this problem?

thanks
Hey comoestan,

Is your system running background applications or security software that may be interfering with the game?

Perhaps you could try again using Selective Startup as described here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications

I would also check the Windows Event Viewer after the crash, it may give hints as to why the system crashed.

Opening Windows Event Viewer in Windows 7
  • Click the Windows Start button and in the "Search Programs and Files" field type "event".
  • Select Event Viewer from the list.

Opening Windows Event Viewer in Windows 8
  • Go to the Windows 8 Start menu.
  • Type "event" and select "View event logs" to open the Event Viewer.

Other things I can think of is to make sure that all the cables and cards in your system are plugged in securely.
I think that I'm having the same issue. I can play League of Legends without any hiccups. I can't play Diablo III for more than 5 minutes. I can play Hearthstone for 1-2 matches. When the games crash, there are high-pitched sounds, and it looks like continuous page tearing (like when vertical sync is turned off on some machines). The sounds remind me of glass breaking over and over. After the games crash to the desktop, I can no longer open Firefox until I restart my computer. If I try to open Firefox again, an error reporting window will appear for Firefox. I noticed this change around 1 month ago.
The exact same thing is happening to me. Around the same time frame as well. After every crash I have to restart the entire computer because nothing will open, not even Firefox.