Season 3 Start and Maps

General Discussion
06/18/2014 07:34 AMPosted by Cookies
Please don't, it takes me like 10 games on each map to remember how to wall off properly against zerg T_T

I remember the first time I tried to wall off on Korhal Sky Island and I got attacked from the other side. That was the first map I've ever vetoed.
06/17/2014 09:03 AMPosted by roarbot
GIVE US SMALL MAPS WITHOUT NARROW PATHS
FORCEFIELDS OP
PLS NO MOAR BELSHIR

CJ BIOME GIF US DIS MAP PLS!

http://imgur.com/a/R3Mm1#2
The ladder will lock for Season 2 at 12:01 a.m. PDT on Monday, June 23. There will then be a two week period before Season 3 begins at 12:01 a.m. PDT on Monday, July 7.

As for Season 3 maps, final details are still being worked out, but we should have information to share soon. ;)
soon™
06/18/2014 10:20 AMPosted by Psione
The ladder will lock for Season 2 at 12:01 a.m. PDT on Monday, June 30. There will then be a one week period before Season 3 begins at 12:01 a.m. PDT on Monday, July 7.

As for Season 3 maps, final details are still being worked out, but we should have information to share soon. ;)

Thanks Psione! Looking forward to the details when they are released!
The ladder will lock for Season 2 at 12:01 a.m. PDT on Monday, June 30. There will then be a one week period before Season 3 begins at 12:01 a.m. PDT on Monday, July 7.

Hey Psione, have you guys ever considered bringing back a retired map onto the ladder? Something like Akilon Wastes or Metalopolis?
06/18/2014 12:14 PMPosted by Vergilius

Hey Psione, have you guys ever considered bringing back a retired map onto the ladder? Something like Akilon Wastes or Metalopolis?

There is currently a thread discussing this topic.

It remains to be seen if this is something that we'd consider in the future. However, discussing how it might work and what maps would be preferred is a worthwhile conversation for those that are interested in the topic.
Outboxer Please please Outboxer!!!!!

Tell please? :3

Also, can you try to ask to make sure that concerns about blink and the current zerg favored maps are adressed?

ie, the current map pool is pretty good for zerg (probably unintentionally), and definitely helped pushed a balance patch for hellbats.

Do you guys have any thoughts/words about that?
06/18/2014 12:34 PMPosted by Solus

also this, i think you said you'd remember to hold onto that one last time, (tbh its probably already selected) :P
yeah this map i saw a couple pro league game on it and it was looking pretty good. The current map pool was good for the refresh part but it was kind of bad for playing on sometime . i like the new stuff for map cos it s refreshing and funn it would be also cool to see some map you can go mech cos right now on those map mech is reaaaaaly hard to play(3 rd untakeble or too mutch area to cover at same time) your always on bad position for fight cos our unit are too slow to move a long route but this is just my point of view thx
thx to Psione for the update its realy nice you do this man thx
Just for the record cause i wasnt following that season much... now seasons are three months and not just two, right? Maybe good timing (maybe not) to start with the beginning of next Season, but I will play GMs again early on.

NYEEEESSSSSSS!
I remember seeing Sejong in Pro-League and was like "do wants", having it, overgrowth and outboxer in the same map pool will be awesome as all hell.
We really need smaller maps. Keep 2 big or something.
Big maps are a burden, the games on it are stale and boring. Frost is a great map that should stay at least one season more but Alterzim and Waystation need to go and be replaced by good standard short maps like Yeonsu (minus the blink imbalance) or Outboxer (the dream would be a return of Neo Planet S, but you can't always get what you want ^^).
I would love to see some smaller maps, some return of older maps, and popular ones from proleague make their way. (2 old, 3 the same, 2 new) and of those 7 (2 small, 3 medium, and 2 large).

That way depending on your play style you can avoid small/large and still have a veto to take out the map of current pool you favor the least that isn't based on size.
I'm hoping this season we can finally get a map that has a wider natural choke than the main to main rush distance of the map. It is pretty clear Blizzards experiments in the last 2 season have been to prepare us for this new era in map layout.

Also if you insist on these oversized maps can we just have a maximum size possible sc2 map with 12 spawns in the vague shape of a turd.
please tell me we'll be cycling out some of the older team maps (i. e. resupply tanker, temple of the preservers, fossil quarry) these maps have been around since WoL...time to cycle them out at this point.