Unsupported Graphic Cards

Mac Technical Support

But I suppose the blame must go to apple for this one. Mac graphics drivers are generally poor, and not as up-to-date as it's PC counterparts. Even my Radeon 4850 on OSX performs only half as well as it does when running in windows. .

My 4870 performs WORSE under Windows 7 bootcamped than it does under OS X on the same hardware, so ATI/Mac have drivers working fine. Nvidia, on the other hand, has sucked for Mac gaming for some time now.
I tried capping my frame rate at 30, still unplayable.

What is this about vertical sync?
I tried capping my frame rate at 30, still unplayable.

What is this about vertical sync?

That was in reply to Sasha, whose hardware was working so well he was overheating his vid card with high framerates.
We do not plan to add support for any of these cards. Please upgrade your computer if you want to enjoy StarCraft II

If you have a GeForce 7, you can play with bootcamp.
We do not plan to add support for any of these cards. Please upgrade your computer if you want to enjoy StarCraft II

My Macbook with the nVidia GeForce 320m should be able to run Starcraft II on Medium settings according to the sticky post, yet it can't.

Well that sucks. So I assume via the "we" Blizzard is taking responsibility for the lack of support. Can't upgrade the video card on an iMac. Not upgrading my whole computer that works perfectly for everything else atm.

I did "upgrade" (cough) to Windows 7 via Bootcamp and will see how that goes but other than a few tutorials I haven't felt the urge to reboot to play....sigh.

Thanks for responding at least.

Sure hope this isn't the case with Cataclysm or then I'll be pissed instead of just disappointed.