right now
I see Bronze League :S
04/24/2011 03:39 PMPosted by kevenc
I see Bronze League :S

1) Click on my profile
2) Click leagues and ladders
3) Click last season.

I demoted myself for a reason
Winterborn, how are you faring in the Bronze league? Care to share some insight why you demoted yourself?

I think the "water is deep" in Bronze, you don't have 100% wining rate ?!! on a quick side note, I got promoted to silver three days ago, now I'm top 8 in my silver league !!!!!!!??????? but I feel I don't really deserve the top spots, anyway it feels great to be finally promoted.

regards, Duck

Edit: sorry, you also got promoted today. I should check be4 I type. Congrats on your on coming 1000 wins first, show us the new portrait if you get a new one.
@ Duck. I demoted myself for a few reasons.

The main one was because I wanted to work my way up the ladder again, because I've forgotten what those leagues are like. I mentor a lot of people in my clan, and now I have a way better understanding of the problems plaguing those leagues. I've got a post with my observations in my clan forum, but once I get back to diamond, sometime this weekend or next week, I'll post them here too. It'll take that long because of finals this week

And the second reason...I want the thor. So I'm farming...a little bit. I don't worker rush though. That crap is gay. I play straight up. Usually win with nothing but harassment. The 50-50 win/loss thing is just to make sure I don't go up too quickly. I've lost only two games legitimately, because I was stupid. When I play straight up, it's not even close. I've only had two good games, and one was a former diamond player like me, the other a master league player.

I'll go on a 50 win streak when I actually play for real. Main reason for keeping myself near 50-50 was to study the leagues more

Look for a post from me sometime next week
Oh yea, Congrats on silver! Keep at it! You'll be in gold before you know it
very nice. i learned more about terran macro in the last 15 min than i have been for the last 2 years.
04/26/2011 06:09 PMPosted by WinterBornRH
Oh yea, Congrats on silver! Keep at it! You'll be in gold before you know it

I am eager to learn some of your observation of the Silver league now. cuz i m right there, I don't want to think I improved a lot between Bronze & Silver, just the basic mechanics and macro.
Thanks a lot for your time.
@ Duck. I demoted myself for a few reasons.

The main one was because I wanted to work my way up the ladder again, because I've forgotten what those leagues are like. I mentor a lot of people in my clan, and now I have a way better understanding of the problems plaguing those leagues. I've got a post with my observations in my clan forum, but once I get back to diamond, sometime this weekend or next week, I'll post them here too. It'll take that long because of finals this week

And the second reason...I want the thor. So I'm farming...a little bit. I don't worker rush though. That crap is gay. I play straight up. Usually win with nothing but harassment. The 50-50 win/loss thing is just to make sure I don't go up too quickly. I've lost only two games legitimately, because I was stupid. When I play straight up, it's not even close. I've only had two good games, and one was a former diamond player like me, the other a master league player.

I'll go on a 50 win streak when I actually play for real.

Look for a post from me sometime next week

What clan are you in? any new spots for Gold players like me?
This was perfect there Winter, I'm actually able to perform at my Gold level and proceed onto Platinum!
how do u know when u have enough production buildings?
@ Wombat

Sorry for the long response time

I'm a part of clan RH, or relentless heroes. We're a large clan, with over 400 members, a pimp website, and a teamspeak server. We have players ranging from top 200 material (and players who have faced pros and won) to bronzies who got the game 4 days ago. We don't care too much about skill. Instead, we look for members who will be active, and who will bring something to the community by participating in the forums or TS.

If that sounds good, you can check us out at www.RHclan.com, and apply if you want to

Not everyone is accepted though, just for a heads up. But if you can make the leaders think you'll be active and bring something to the community, then odds are you'll get it
@ WagonWheel

The general rule of thumb is 4 per base, but that's going to depend on what build you are doing.

For example, against protoss I've been starting to do a pure mech build. I'll open reactored barracks and siege tank expand, into tank, blue-flame hellion, and thor. So, in this build, I get that rax reactored, get a factory, get a tank and siege mode, and bunker up as I expand. After the expo gets up, I add two more factories. I probably could support more, but I also get double armory for upgrades. I take a fast third as well, maybe 12-14 minutes. Then I add 2-3 more factories. I have a lot of minerals, but very litle gas, so I can spend those minerals to take more bases, or throw down a lot of rax in-case I need to tech switch or overwhelm. (mech doesn't build fast enough, if I lose it)

But what about infantry added in with mech play? Well, in my TvT, I open 2 rax Marine-Marauder expand. I get one gas, get a tech rax and a reactor rax, and expand. Then I throw down a factory, a second gas, and a starport, and add in siege tanks and medivacs (I drop a lot). I'll also get double engy bays and an armory for upgrades (though I've been liking selecT's play style where he takes a fast third and then goes for upgrades. I may play around with that) . I take a third, then add in three more rax for heavy marauders.

Pure MMM? off two bases you should have a starport, and around 6 rax, as well as double engy bay's for upgrades. Take a third, and add in 2-3 more, unless it's a gold. Then add in 4-5 more.
Did you start in bronze b4 and if so how long did it take you to ladder to diamond
05/04/2011 03:31 AMPosted by Brutarious
Did you start in bronze b4 and if so how long did it take you to ladder to diamond

I started out playing the beta Didn't have RTS experience, so it was a learning trip. Took me about a week to learn that I could put more than 1 worker on each mineral patch.

But I kept playing, and found Day9, and keep learning. By the release of the real game I was silver league. Kept playing off and on, heavy work schedule, and made gold but stagnated. Watched a Day9 episode and had an light bulb go off. Went on ladder and dominated 34 games, only losing 7, and was platinum the next day. But started losing. Realized that I had to work on a lot of mechanics, because I didn't have micro much at all, and had to work on production cycles, ect.

So I played team games for a long time. Got diamond in that, but decided to go for diamond in 1's in later September, or early november. And it was slow going. I couldn't beat protoss to save my life. Took about a week or two to learn use banshees, and then the polt. Started just grinding games out. Start facing diamond players, and winning.

And macro was what got me in. And what let me stand on my feet when I got there. I never had a losing streak when I got promoted.
Well I've been doing this new build for a early game siege rush. Well I end up doing a 3 rax, 2 factory build with double ref. After I get my first factory out I save money for expo. In the mean time I build plenty of marines. I think It is around the 13 or 14 min mark I take my expo. But I usually move out before though. I move out at around the 9 min mark. I've won plenty of games with this build. Works out great with zerg and terran.
Helpful thanks alot!
The use of the words macro, gold, and silver clearly do not belong in a forum about a video game. The word macro refers to a hedge fund trading strategy in which a hedge fund speculates on large scale global economic events. Macro does not refer to a silly video game strategy.

Gold (AU) and silver (AG) are both elements which reside on the periodic table of elements, and are both precious metals, which are items of speculation that have been used in monetary systems throughout history.
I read this entire guide thank you much for posting this