Offline Play

Technical Support
Prev 1 12 13 14 17 Next
i dont know how often they check these forums, or if anyone who is actually a credible blizz representative(as opposed to people who are likely volunteers) are on this forum.

Just out of curiousity, have any of you tried calling blizzard? I share all your sentiments, I don't normally play offline but tried to today when I wasn't able to log on to bnet(apparently it's down?), and I found out my game isn't verified!

Anyhow, maybe if we all call blizzard support and scream bloody murder we might get heard a little more loudly.
someone hack this game already.....
then blizzard wont have to be so uptight and anal about protection...
they can be uptight and anal about lawsuits.....
and i can play....
it lets me play offline if i disconnect my internet.... but not while Bnet is down... which is weird
I just gonna go ahead and say that this is totall BS and I am in agreement that there should only be a one time connection to validate the game owner in order to play off line, end of story, but as it is even though alot of people dont like playing PvP and can have plenty of fun against lame AI, it goes to show that it pays to be a crook and to just dl TORRENTS and HACKS!!! instead of doing it the way the economy entended, but if there wasnt pirates in the world there wouldnt be an economy now would there? So as i am not an ass pirate and like to be honest i would appreciate a real fix on this situation and not a once every 30 day one, if i choose to be irresponcible and not pay my E-net bill I should still be able to play a game that has been payed for and made active, so needless to say if there isnt a fix ill be on that boat with the rest in the legal department figuring out how to make this RIGHT!!
Well, I'm not sure why the game industry keeps doing stupid %@#* like this. To paraphrase the classics, the more they tighten their grip, the more gamers will slip through their fingers...and become pirates. Yarrrrr!
Yeah, this is a bit ridiculous. It's so clear that this system only punishes those of us that actually pay for the game. Pirates will always find a way around this stuff while those of us who pay for it have to jump through hurdles for blizzard. I don't understand this policy. If I pay for an account and continue to log into the game with that account, why do I need to re-authorize it? One time should be enough. Why would I pay $60 for a game and then later pirate it, that makes no sense. Blizzard needs to re-evaluate their approach to this matter. One question though, where can I find the quote that says we will only need one authorization? Who said it?
@ Dagerth, wow that was a really articulate and mature explanation for the offline problems most people are experiencing.
agreed thx for the info it helps ;-)
Thanks Dagerth that was a very logical and mature answer to the issue. I do hope they fix it going foward, I enjoy the single player campaign.
This is ridiculous. Starcraft 2 has been truly disappointing, and very revealing about the intentions of Blizzard. Customer service? none. Testing software before releasing? none.

What happened to Blizz being a legit software company that produced a solid product?

Blizz needs to get their *@@# together or they can forget about me buying D3 ever.
Hey all,

We are looking at fixing some issues that can cause players to get an Unable to Authenticate Account error when attempting to play in Offline mode. This should be included in an upcoming patch.

Thanks for responding but I think most of us are upset because this is something the software engineer should have thought of before release.

It seems to me that this is an issue with a recent patch. I think they were attempting to circumvent a recent SC2 battle.net server emulator program that has surfaced, and in so doing have prevented offline mode entirely, until they sort it out. Patience seems to be the only solution here, as those emulators are of questionable legality.

So, we who bought the game should pay for what pirates are doing ?
That's not fair.

We are looking at fixing some issues that can cause players to get an Unable to Authenticate Account error when attempting to play in Offline mode. This should be included in an upcoming patch.

Well, I don't see any bug fixes for offline issues in patch 1.1 release notes.
"upcoming patch" ... you mean before 2012 right ? As you all know, this is when the
world will come to an end. LOL.
While I'm pissed that I can't play offline, I don't think we have a lawsuit for false advertising for that whole one time connection thing. I'm sure that they covered themselves in the user agreement which no one read. However, **#% YOU BLIZZARD! I WANT TO PLAY OFFLINE!
While I'm pissed that I can't play offline, I don't think we have a lawsuit for false advertising for that whole one time connection thing. I'm sure that they covered themselves in the user agreement which no one read. However, **#% YOU BLIZZARD! I WANT TO PLAY OFFLINE!

i dont think it would hold up well in court tbh.
Hilarious that I can't play some brutal campaign missions while bnet is down beyond it's projected maintenance.

Kotick - you're probably laughing to yourself somewhere. Let's take the fun out of video games.
...meanwhile the actual pirates CAN play single player right now while legitimate retail purchasers cannot.
So, here is the real solution:
Don't wait for Blizzard.
Use the web, find a crack.