Protoss Micro Tips

Protoss Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 15 Next
01/13/2011 08:17 AMPosted by Pacoman
Don't have warpgates as a hotkey?

Don't need to. 'W' is the hotkey to select warp gates.

While I do use w to warp on I find it usefull to assign gateways to a key. In the early game it lets me que units like a robo or Sg. In the mid to late game I add new gates to the key so I can check progress and as soon as they are done building i hit tab and spam 'G' till all of them morph. This lets me spend a little less time in base and remember to change them to Wgates.
In my opinion the best tip is to remember to A-move. So many players try to micro everything perfectly, when if you just a-move then it is easier. Only thing necessary is the FFs against zerg, and make sure your gateways are close enough to their base to get your zealots in their base as fast as possible.
01/07/2011 10:53 PMPosted by Jay
not that i mind, but why would zerg and terran even be on this thread??? >.>

To learn your sneaky Protoss tricks! lol
02/13/2012 03:11 PMPosted by moldsack
In my opinion the best tip is to remember to A-move. So many players try to micro everything perfectly, when if you just a-move then it is easier. Only thing necessary is the FFs against zerg, and make sure your gateways are close enough to their base to get your zealots in their base as fast as possible.

Not sure if serious....
01/12/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Chalk
Hey I have a question - when a sentry has force fielded out an army how can that stop any decent ranged unit from arching over? :)

Extremely late, but you don't FF in a straight line (which is, I'm guessing, why you're still being attacked). FF in an arc type formation, usually works for me.
Good Post
02/15/2012 09:11 PMPosted by CONTINUUM

Not sure if serious....

lol
+1
wonder how mad everyone would be if i dropped my sc2 project for schools website(url) on here anyone wanna check it out ?
+1

Thanks for the advice.

BTW, would it be practical to have stalkers blink up a cliff so your other units can move up the ramp quicker? I've noticed that due to their size, stalkers take a while to move up the ramp and this really slows your army down somewhere where you don't want to be; at the bottom of their base. This wouldn't work against toss, but I wonder if this might work on other races.
Now for some probe micro for the LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvGCrilWik
Very nice. As to whoever mentioned carriers: Carriers suck.
+1

EDIT: also, for what its worth, abuse hotkeys. I only use my first or six (others kind of a pain to reach under stress). My normal is:

1. Main army
2. Spellcasters/Airsupport/Warp Prisims
3. Robo
4. Stargate
5. Nexus
6. Research (if not 2 or 4)

This lets me access everything when I need it, and lets me check research without having to go back to my base.
Put you can FF zerg eggs to keep them from hatching
01/12/2011 03:36 PMPosted by kurtsaidwhat
Don't have warpgates as a hotkey?

There's not that big of a need to bc they get auto assigned to the W key when they are onverted to warpgates.
Now for some probe micro for the LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvGCrilWik

+1 to this, ROFL!
Sad the man who wrote all these nifty tips hasn't played in so long.