Protoss Micro Tips

Protoss Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 15 Next
A couple questions:

4. Are your colossus attacking light units? (Hydras not roaches, marines)

I was under the impression that colossi don't get a boost vs light units. Are you suggesting to attack light units because those units generally have lower health and would die faster (effectively reducing the DPS of the opposing army faster than letting them attack higher life/armour units?

Although Colossi don't have boosted attack v light units, stalker, voids and immortals do, making them more desired for taking out enemy armored units. Colossi are still reasonably good at taking out armored units like marauders and roaches (provided they are protected...an exposed colosus is a dead collosus). Simply put, Colossi are the best protoss option for counter light, with zealots and carriers being macro based alternatives and HTs being an excellent micro based alternative.

I play on a touch pad most of the time, so a lot of my game is macro oriented for now.
why wouldnt other races be on this thread, its a great idea to look at other races strategys, lol i shoudnt have to say more, its about learning :)
+1
this is a good thread, it'll be more like this
Protoss is not a micro race. There are certain elements that do require micro but not in the same way that zerg require micro. Think of it this way, on 2 bases Toss can boost 4 probes in 20 seconds of build time. In addition, warp gates are the most effective means of unit production and combined with CB are a force. The main fact of it is, the nature of the toss segmented tech tree allows for a huge force to be produced in a relatively short time. The OP has some great tips, but Protoss relies a great deal on macro.
Very useful, im not the best player in the world (brand newbie... click my picture for proof :), and your tips have been helpful for my mental "checklist" of things to try to do. thank you! :)
I'm a noob protoss player, yes you can mock me, but thanks to you I think i can do better :), btw I feel like I was just interviewed for something like a tax commercial :) ass me if you wanna help me-_-
but zerg can also macro really fast... and sometimes it's actually annoying to have to remember every time to warp in units instead of just queuing 2 units at a time and then not worrying about it. Also, protoss units are the most costly..
01/11/2011 5:17 PMPosted by Dlax
Protoss is not a micro race. There are certain elements that do require micro but not in the same way that zerg require micro. Think of it this way, on 2 bases Toss can boost 4 probes in 20 seconds of build time. In addition, warp gates are the most effective means of unit production and combined with CB are a force. The main fact of it is, the nature of the toss segmented tech tree allows for a huge force to be produced in a relatively short time. The OP has some great tips, but Protoss relies a great deal on macro.

but zerg can also macro really fast... and sometimes it's actually annoying to have to remember every time to warp in units instead of just queuing 2 units at a time and then not worrying about it. Also, protoss units are the most costly..

thanks, i'm a noob and this is gonna be really useful

+1
Right clicking the carrier's interceptor icon puts it on autocast and automatically replenishes dead interceptors :)
nice tips ... things that ppl like me knows .. but never use (or remember) XD hahah ...
i started a couple weeks ago and these tips really help :) thx
+1 to you for helping out our Protoss brothers.
Don't have warpgates as a hotkey?
This will totally help me big time. Thanks ! +1
+1 to post, good tips to get people started with toss

Skittleson:
I play on a touch pad most of the time

you rule
great!

im a nob at prtoss and im sick of practicing on the computers, its so boring if you can mabey u can put on your stratige for 1 on 1 matchs kk ty
make something for zerg.