Protoss Micro Tips

Protoss Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 15 Next
Nice! You covered a lot of ground.

I'd suggest for PvZ:

This might fall under "fight in contricted areas" but a good tactic is to hug the boundries(cliff edges) as you move your army. This is especially useful if you're in their base. Zerg cannot flank this way and reduces attack surface for lings. I watch a lot of replays and I've rarely see it happen.

Attack moving across the map in the direction of the enemy instead of near your army will prevent your units from clumping as much, assuming they were spread to begin with.
Great post bro!
damn go thread thanks a lot :D
01/06/2011 12:55 PMPosted by yaegz
16. Do you have functional control groups? (For example, I have 1 as my army, 2 as my sentries, 3 for HTs or collosus, 4 for nexuses, 5 for building probe, 6 for observer, 7 for robo bay, 8 for stargate)

Now tell me if I'm getting this right, because I might be losing out on something VERY valuable.

When you say "5 for building Probe", do you actually mean that you can ctrl+5 the "build probe" function? As in no need to go 4 (nexus) then E?
What, no love for Hallucination?

Hallucinate ->Phoenix=free scout/line of sight for stalker blink.
01/12/2011 3:36 PMPosted by kurtsaidwhat
Don't have warpgates as a hotkey?

It's preset to "W".
Great thread and input, This has turned into a very good guidline to the mindset you should have while microing your army, I also like how you say you need to perfect your macro before considering these things

+1

Also you could maybe add alil bit about the mothership and its abilities and microing, The blink staker mass recall can work wonders if you ask me
Great thread and input, This has turned into a very good guidline to the mindset you should have while microing your army, I also like how you say you need to perfect your macro before considering these things

+1

Also you could maybe add alil bit about the mothership and its abilities and microing, The blink staker mass recall can work wonders if you ask me

The mothership has one use. Archon toilet. Lol jk. A good vortex can split an army in half,making a battle easier. The enemy must have mobile detection when fighting the mothership. Also, flying a mothership into your enemy's base and using mass recall can be devastating. As for plain micro, mothership is too slow.
Thanks some of the tips i did not know

proved to be a sticky
Wow Master's league!!
I'm only in Platinum.......
I got one this may seem simple but some ppl who played sc1 get the mind set to use a mothership to recall into the enemy base. It is not a arbiter it is use to recall FROM the enemy base after you come in and quickly take a main from the main base or expand then stay and do as much dmg as you can b4 you see their army. So instead of hiting a little then leave b4 army gets there just wait tell you see it and recall back to your base.
He said to keep the thread alive by continued posting! Great guide for me as a new player to sc2. Good help for me getting set before playing my placement matches.
How useful is hallucenation/what are some good ways to use it?
01/17/2011 7:01 AMPosted by Cyclo
to Glitch. It is just what you like more, if you like pushing w push w. If you like to use hotkey x then use hotkey x. It's all about preference.

I use grid so my warp gates are 'y', but I've set the alternate key to the back button on my mouse. I've also set the forward button on my mouse to the camera position i set to my forward pylon. This lets me quickly jump to a pylon and make units.
terran micro? juts make marauders and stim
I love protoss. The macros just make them funer.... and more destructiv
Nice forum will help a lot in leagues.
+1
++100000000000000000000 also thanks for the AMAZING tips. I just started and this is the most useful thing ive evr seen in the forum