"The Quote of the Day"

Joeyray's Bar
Prev 1 17 18 19 Next
Trivia

"'Alan Smithee' is a common pseudonym for directors whose film was clearly taken away from her/him and recut heavily against her/his wishes in ways that completely altered the film.
The Directors Guild contract generally does not permit a director to remove her/his name from films. The Directors Guild has been striving for decades to establish the director as the "author" of a film, and part of getting the credit for the successes is taking the blame for the failures. The only exceptions they make are cases in which a film was clearly taken away from a director and recut heavily against her/his wishes in ways that completely altered the film. Directors are required to appeal to the Guild in such cases. If the appeal is successful, their name is replaced by Alan Smithee. So if you notice a film directed by Alan Smithee, it is certain it is not what its director intended, and likely that it is not any good."
- IMDb Mini Biography By: Alan Smithee
"If you wanted me to apologize, you should have brought a lawyer."
--Aberron

EDIT: Someone else post.
03/18/2017 12:28 PMPosted by Zanon
Someone else post.

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped. The success or failure of any given step will have no impact on the macro level."
-Red Mage, 8-Bit Theater
Wally: I invented a phone charger that uses its excess heat to keep your coffee warm.
CEO: No one needs that.
Wally: Hold that thought.
CEO: Oh, heck.
Wally: It sells itself.

Dilbert.
"Well, it's a good day for doom."
-Manolo Sanchez, Book of Life
"As she looked back and forth between Riley and Panda, some part of Dinah, in that moment, couldn't help but wonder if there was some kind of record for collecting dangerous, potentially world-ending threats like they were Pokemon."

Dinah Alcott from Atonement
"Wisdom is rarely the words said, and more the moment in which they are spoken. One cannot behold the beauty of the rainbow save at the perfect moment, at the right angle."
-Logical Premise
07/17/2015 01:13 AMPosted by Zemiel
"White and gold robes, A cross on my back, preaching brotherhood and honor? Yeah, you'll see me doing that as soon as pigs fly."
-Jack five years ago.

"White and gold robes, a sword in the shape of a cross, and I find myself lecturing my enemies on brotherhood and honor in the middle of a battlefield. Either I was clairvoyant and didn't know it, or this is karma repaying me for being a sarcastic @ss."
-Jack after Aredium's return to Korhal at large.

Good god it has been a while since I wrote that.

Edit: Just so this isn't just a sudden and unrelated "hi I'm back,"

"Do you seek knowledge of time travel?" -Starcraft:BW Arbiter.
Pilot: "We are not flying high enough to-"
Andi: "Will you stop it? I'm the captain and I say we can make it."
Officer: "Good gods, Andi- overruling your crew's ideas is not the same as overruling their facts!"
-Order of the Stick
"Fantastic claims require fantastic amounts of proof."
-Love of Madness
Oprative1: "I'm not saying I don't believe you, but it's easier to convince ground pounders that threats exist than it is for politicians."
Oprative2: "And there's the reason we aren't talking to politicians right now. Actually, two reasons. The other is that politicians make a living talking about things, whether they know about them or not."
-A Battle of Wills
Knowledge is realizing the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway.
-Unknown
When people are screaming and running one direction I find it's best not to question that and assume they have more current information than I do. I don't like learning things the hard way.
-Freeman's Mind 2
Girl: "Realists are called cynics by optimists."
Uncle: "Sounds like something a cynic would say."
-The Futile Facade
"For the night is dark and full of turnips."

Pip, friend of Lord Commander Jon Snow.

From book five of A Song of Ice and Fire.
"I have come here to kick !@# and chew bubblegum, I am all out of bubblegum"-unknown
They say the greatest honor is to die for your country. While that's great, I'd much rather make the other guy die for his country.
-Not sure who said it, but someone did
Seems like a reworded version of Patton' s.

"War isn't about dying for your country, it's making the other b@stard die for his."

General George Patton.
Could be.
"I am the Ceaseless Wheel. The last scholar of Golb. I am your doom."
-The Lich