Myco's Guide to Lower Leagued toss players.

Protoss Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 16 Next
VMSMyco i used to play a little league but went to custom games forever cuz i stank at league.
i went 4 gate for a while but i dont anymore because i found a strategy that can kill your reputation, but almost always wins and you failed to mention it
PHOTON CANNON RUSH (dramatic music)
but other than that your guide helped me a lot perfect my 4 gate strategy.

Is not a sin to cannon rush pvp,it works and I do it too.
PvT/PvZ cannon rush is basicly suicide....Cannon contain is pretty cheesy too.
I don mind cheesing once in a while,but you should at least be able to hold your own in a stright up game.Cheese wont work everytime.
I haven't read any of the posts here, and maybe someone already mentioned it, but your order of chronoboosts is extremely silly. Probes should be very near the top in terms of importance, unless you're bad and do 10 minute all-ins every game.
Early game,yes,chrono probe will come before anything but warpgate.But at later stage of the game,you WILL have a lot of spare chrono,and you WILL want your research/robo/sg unit out faster.If you been keeping up with your probe production,you dont need much chrono later in game to be ahead in eco/have good number of probes.And if your already on 2+base,you should often have spare chronos for probes if needed,if your still on one base,I don see how 40+probe is going to help you.

Probes are good ofc,but you do not need constantly chrono them past the earlier stage of the game.You should be constantly making them,but unless a harass took out a good number of your probes,they arent your biggest priority.Research should always come first,and high tech unit like colo should come before probes too unless you feel like you are really safe and want to press on your eco advantage.
Thank you for posting this thread it has helped alot.

Along with this guide another thing that really helped me was saying my build order out load as I am building. I know its weird and my wife really hates it but keeps things fresh on my mind.
thanks for this thread mang that which i didnt already know will sure help :p
01/23/2011 12:42 AMPosted by VMSMyco
(More tips on when to expand will be appericated =D,cant think of much lol)

3rd is always most difficult for me, timing wise; people have told me around 12m (if you got the first expo one around 6).

If you see a wall off in PvP it's either DT drop/rush or Void Rays and Carriers, just get a quick robo up and send a warp prism over.

Keep your minerals low, if you see it above 1000 on two bases, build more gateways, i don't care if you have 10 already, produce more units, just spend that money on *something.*
You were a mentor? Very nice! By now, those players must be pretty good if being taught by someone like you! You must be in the higher-up leagues like platinum, diamond, master or even grandmaster!
Keep up the good work!
i thought what he said well help me be come a better sc2 player as protoss
This is the best advice I've seen VMSMyco. I commend your efforts.
jeez you guys are really going at it huh
Thanks for the advice =D I've had quite a lot of trouble killing terrans that aren't noobs so I'll probably be able to win a lot more now but now I have a plan when zerg 1base roach and I zealot push I have a backup plan now (BTW I don't proxy my gates since bronze and silver players don't seem to notice 2 gates chronoing zealots=death if they don't get somethin out lolz)

Anyways very helpful :D
Thx i think itll really help me out especially the expanding time
Thank you so much VM. Gonna practice all this as soon as finals are done. I think I've jumped ahead of myself in terms of gameplay, and i'm not very flexible.
One thing I'd like to mention about base building (*a note, a lower lvl player this article is made for btw) I have been having some success in the late game and when enough resources permit it, to continue building other buildings around the map. The bigger your spread around the map can give the other player a daunting feeling he needs to eliminate your large covered area. Situations like this though seem to have specific circumstances (other players little/lack of expansion and/or movement) and maybe not have much effectiveness in other skill divisions.
pepsi that may be one of the dumbest things i've heard / read today. seriously i got along fine, unless you are a huge grammar / punctuation !@#$, which you seem to be considering your sentence structure. I suggest you just copy and paste it to a word document, correct it and read it, if you give it back and repost he may even include you as an integral part of the guide :DDD.
Hi, I am a bronze league player who is having trouble expanding while still guarding my expansions, so I often turtle instead. I am not all that strong at macroing and I'm not good at building while fighting. Could I please get some advice on expanding and macroing? And by that I mean specific advice on how to defend an expansion and how to retain a good macro, ect. Sorry if i missed anything that was already in the forums. P.S. Thanks for the guide, I just was asking for more advice.
08/13/2011 06:55 AMPosted by Whitearrow
Hi, I am a bronze league player who is having trouble expanding while still guarding my expansions, so I often turtle instead. I am not all that strong at macroing and I'm not good at building while fighting. Could I please get some advice on expanding and macroing? And by that I mean specific advice on how to defend an expansion and how to retain a good macro, ect. Sorry if i missed anything that was already in the forums. P.S. Thanks for the guide, I just was asking for more advice.

My best suggestion for you right now is to always make probes,always make pylons,and always making sure you are making something in general.If you are having trouble macroing while fighting,you can make it up by better macro out of fighting.

A good way to stay ahead of macro in battles is to control group all your production buildings,and warp in some tropps immediately before and after an engagement.

When it comes to expanding,best time to expand is when you stopped an opponet's attack,this way you can safely expand knowing you dont have to defend it for at least a while.Cannon helps when expanding,especially against zerg,but you should not overinvest in them.
I need help with a pvz build when they FE. I tried doing my regular blink stalker rush, but it failed and I got killed off by mass roaches.
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/175093-1v1-protoss-zerg-backwater-gulch
should I still do blink rush or should I do something esle?
I need help with a pvz build when they FE. I tried doing my regular blink stalker rush, but it failed and I got killed off by mass roaches.
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/175093-1v1-protoss-zerg-backwater-gulch
should I still do blink rush or should I do something esle?

blink rush works against zerg but isnt the best build out there,I;d suggest you try some 3g expo for a start and see how that goes.