"The Cure" choices make absolutely no sense

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
@Marsaro, that is an erroneous way to judge any story. The media used to develop the story and give it more avenues is irrelevant to the quality of the actual story. One is not causal of the other. The books didn't retcon the Xel'Naga's nature. The Protoss have always revered them as gods, but that didn't change their acknowledgement of their scientific prowess to manipulate life from its basic building blocks, and to terraform planets at a very advanced level. Their fanaticism stems from their admiration of the Xel'Naga and the religious nature of Khas' teachings.
10/27/2015 05:18 AMPosted by KhalDanis
that is an erroneous way to judge any story. The media used to develop the story and give it more avenues is irrelevant to the quality of the actual story.

It is, when a story that is suppposed to be self contained require external medias to be understood. It like having parts of the story cut and put to sale in an obscure place (we don't have libraries with all book from games near us))

10/27/2015 05:18 AMPosted by KhalDanis
The books didn't retcon the Xel'Naga's nature. The Protoss have always revered them as gods, but that didn't change their acknowledgement of their scientific prowess to manipulate life from its basic building blocks, and to terraform planets at a very advanced level. Their fanaticism stems from their admiration of the Xel'Naga and the religious nature of Khas' teachings.

It changed the nature of the Xel'Naga, changing them from mere scientists wanting to play with other species for science, to literal gods who can read the future and used Protoss and Zerg as a way to reproduce themselves (which retcons the fact that they saw the Protoss as failures)
I think we've gone off topic, folks, and there should be one big takeaway from this thread: THE SC2 STORY ISNT SUPPOSED TO MAKE SENSE!
10/27/2015 12:15 PMPosted by KSNumedia
I think we've gone off topic, folks, and there should be one big takeaway from this thread: THE SC2 STORY ISNT SUPPOSED TO MAKE SENSE!

Actually yes it is, but Blizzard didn't know how to carry it out right. WoL was executed in a much better way compared to HotS.
10/26/2015 01:05 PMPosted by Marsaro
And ? Look, if you are so pissed by it, I will upvote you if you're downvoted, okay ?

I'm moving this back to the 1st page. The abusing has started up again.
10/19/2015 06:21 PMPosted by Rinaker
If you choose to drive off the Protoss, Dr. Hanson apparently makes a cure for the Zerg infestation according to the game. This cure is never mentioned anywhere else in the game, nor is it ever used or distributed throughout the rest of the Zerg invasion. Whoever wrote this bilge must have been dashing it off at 80 words a minute and forgetting each plot point within seconds of the next.

Didn't they also mention that the infestation constantly evolves and changes? That cure probably was a full cure for that strain of the zerg infestation but the zerg have probably changed the strain after the events of that mission so that the cure is no longer effective of curing the infestation and is at the most probably just an effective vaccine.
11/02/2015 07:35 PMPosted by Phil
Didn't they also mention that the infestation constantly evolves and changes? That cure probably was a full cure for that strain of the zerg infestation but the zerg have probably changed the strain after the events of that mission so that the cure is no longer effective of curing the infestation and is at the most probably just an effective vaccine.

That's what I'm thinking, Hanson couldn't have done more than stop the virus from spreading and that's it.